Effective as of: June 6, 2013
· is patently offensive to the online community, such as Content that promotes racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual;
· harasses or advocates harassment of another person;
· involves the transmission of "junk mail", "chain letters," or unsolicited mass mailing or "spamming";
· promotes information that you know is false, misleading or promotes illegal activities or conduct that is abusive, threatening, obscene, defamatory or libelous;
· promotes an illegal or unauthorized copy of another person’s copyrighted work, such as providing pirated computer programs or links to them, providing information to circumvent manufacture-installed copy-protect devices, or providing pirated music or links to pirated music files;
· contains restricted or password only access pages, or hidden pages or images (those not linked to or from another accessible page);
· provides material that exploits people under the age of 18 in a sexual or violent manner, or solicits personal information from anyone under 18;
· provides instructional information about illegal activities such as making or buying illegal weapons, violating someone’s privacy, or providing or creating computer viruses;
· solicits passwords or personal identifying information for commercial or unlawful purposes from other users; and
· engages in commercial activities and/or sales without our prior written consent such as contests, sweepstakes, barter, advertising, and pyramid schemes.
(e) You must use the Service in a manner consistent with any and all applicable laws and regulations.
(h) DateHookup can block your profile and account at any time it decides, in its sole discretion, that your use of the Service (including Content you post or send to any other member, whether in or outside of the Service) or your actions off the Website violate this Agreement or could be harmful to any person or the Website. This includes any abusive conduct shown toward customer service agents.
datehookup.dating is free, but if you would like to upgrade to a VIP membership or any other paid features (the “Service”), the following terms apply.
(a) Billing and Payment. datehookup.dating bills you through an online account for use of the Service. You agree to pay datehookup.dating all charges you subscribe for on the Website using this online account. datehookup.dating may correct any billing errors or mistakes that it makes even if it has already requested or received payment. This paragraph includes any agreements you make on the Website when you purchase the Service. You agree to maintain current, complete and accurate information for your billing account at any time you have a subscription. In addition, you authorize us to obtain updated or replacement expiration dates and card numbers for you credit or debit card as provided by your credit or debit card issuer.
(b) Automatic Renewal.
(1) Your subscription for the Service will continue indefinitely until cancelled by you. After your initial subscription period, and again after any subsequent subscription period, your subscription will automatically continue for an additional equivalent period, at the price you agreed to when subscribing. You agree that your account will be subject to this automatic renewal feature. If you do not wish your account to renew automatically, or if you want to change or terminate your subscription, please log in and go to the Change / Cancel Membership (or similar) page on your Account Settings page. If you cancel your subscription, you may use your subscription until the end of your then-current subscription term and your subscription will not be renewed thereafter. However, you won’t be eligible for a prorated refund of any portion of the subscription fee paid for the then-current subscription period.
(2) By subscribing, you authorize datehookup.dating to charge your credit card, debit card or other payment method at such time and again at the beginning of any subsequent subscription period, including any sales or similar taxes imposed on your subscription payments. Upon the renewal of your subscription, if datehookup.dating does not receive payment, you agree that it may either terminate or suspend your subscription and continue to attempt to charge your payment method provider until payment is received (upon receipt of payment, your account will be activated and for purposes of automatic renewal, your new subscription commitment period will begin as of the day payment was received). If you do not terminate your subscription and/or if you continue to use the Service, you agree that datehookup.dating is authorized to charge the payment method in your online account. datehookup.dating may also seek payment directly from you. Your charges may be payable in advance, in arrears, per usage, or as otherwise described when you initially subscribed to the Service.
(c) Promotions. Any free trial or other promotion that provides subscriber-level access to the Service must be used within the specified time of the trial. You must cancel your subscription before the end of the trial period in order to avoid being charged a subscription fee.
8. Copyright Policy; Notice and Procedure for Making Claims of Copyright Infringement: You may not post, distribute, or reproduce in any way any copyrighted material, trademarks, or other proprietary information without obtaining the prior written consent of the owner of such proprietary rights. Without limiting the foregoing, if you believe that your work has been copied and posted on the Website in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide our Copyright Agent with the following information:
10. Member Disputes: You are solely responsible for your interactions with other datehookup.dating Members. datehookup.dating reserves the right, but has no obligation, to monitor disputes between you and other Members.
11. Refunds: datehookup.dating does not provide refunds of any kind. All transactions are final.
12. Forums: If you should decide to delete your account, your profile will be deleted along with your photos, messages, etc. However any forum posts you have made will remain.
13. Modifications to Service: datehookup.dating reserves the right at any time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Service (or any part thereof) with or without notice. In order to enhance or expand the Service, DateHookup may allow your profile to appear in search results or other areas of other online dating websites owned by IAC. You agree that datehookup.dating shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the Service.
14. Blocking of IP Addresses: In order to protect the integrity of the Service, datehookup.dating reserves the right at any time in its sole discretion to block Members from certain IP addresses or computers from accessing the Website.
15. Disclaimers: datehookup.dating IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INCORRECT OR INACCURATE CONTENT POSTED ON THE WEBSITE OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SERVICE, WHETHER CAUSED BY USERS OF THE WEBSITE, MEMBERS OR BY ANY OF THE EQUIPMENT OR PROGRAMMING ASSOCIATED WITH OR UTILIZED IN THE SERVICE. datehookup.dating IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CONDUCT, WHETHER ONLINE OR OFFLINE, OF ANY USER OF THE WEBSITE OR MEMBER OF THE SERVICE. datehookup.dating ASSUMES NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY ERROR, OMISSION, INTERRUPTION, DELETION, DEFECT, DELAY IN OPERATION OR TRANSMISSION, COMMUNICATIONS LINE FAILURE, THEFT OR DESTRUCTION OR UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO, OR ALTERATION OF, USER OR MEMBER COMMUNICATIONS. datehookup.dating IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY PROBLEMS OR TECHNICAL MALFUNCTION OF ANY TELEPHONE NETWORK OR LINES, COMPUTER ONLINE SYSTEMS, SERVERS OR PROVIDERS, COMPUTER EQUIPMENT, SOFTWARE, FAILURE OF EMAIL OR PLAYERS ON ACCOUNT OF TECHNICAL PROBLEMS OR TRAFFIC CONGESTION ON THE INTERNET OR AT ANY WEBSITE OR COMBINATION THEREOF, INCLUDING INJURY OR DAMAGE TO USERS AND/OR MEMBERS OR TO ANY OTHER PERSON'S COMPUTER RELATED TO OR RESULTING FROM PARTICIPATING OR DOWNLOADING MATERIALS IN CONNECTION WITH THE WEB AND/OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SERVICE. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL datehookup.dating BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE, INCLUDING PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH, RESULTING FROM ANYONE'S USE OF THE WEBSITE OR THE SERVICE, ANY CONTENT POSTED ON THE WEBSITE OR TRANSMITTED TO MEMBERS, OR ANY INTERACTIONS BETWEEN USERS OF THE WEBSITE, WHETHER ONLINE OR OFFLINE. THE WEBSITE AND THE SERVICE ARE PROVIDED "AS-IS" AND datehookup.dating MAKES NO WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND RELATING TO THE SERVICES AND EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY AND IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION THE IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. datehookup.dating CANNOT GUARANTEE AND DOES NOT PROMISE ANY SPECIFIC RESULTS FROM USE OF THE WEBSITE AND/OR THE SERVICE.
16. Limitation on Liability: EXCEPT IN JURISDICTIONS WHERE SUCH PROVISIONS ARE RESTRICTED, IN NO EVENT WILL datehookup.dating BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PERSON FOR ANY INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING ALSO LOST PROFITS ARISING FROM YOUR USE OF THE WEB SITE OR THE SERVICE, EVEN IF datehookup.dating HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY CONTAINED HEREIN, datehookup.dating’S LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ANY CAUSE WHATSOEVER, AND REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF THE ACTION, WILL AT ALL TIMES BE LIMITED TO THE AMOUNT PAID, IF ANY, BY YOU TO datehookup.dating FOR THE SERVICE DURING THE TERM OF MEMBERSHIP.
17. Arbitration and Governing Law:
(a) Arbitration Agreement: The exclusive means of resolving any dispute or claim arising out of or relating to this Agreement (including any alleged breach thereof), the Service, or the Website shall be BINDING ARBITRATION administered by the American Arbitration Association. The one exception to the exclusivity of arbitration is that you have the right to bring an individual claim against datehookup.dating in a small-claims court of competent jurisdiction. But whether you choose arbitration or small-claims court, you may not under any circumstances commence or maintain against datehookup.dating any class action, class arbitration, or other representative action or proceeding.
(b) Notice of Rights: By using the Website or the Service in any manner, you agree to the above arbitration agreement. In doing so, YOU GIVE UP YOUR RIGHT TO GO TO COURT to assert or defend any claims between you and datehookup.dating (except for matters that may be taken to small-claims court). YOU ALSO GIVE UP YOUR RIGHT TO PARTICIPATE IN A CLASS ACTION OR OTHER CLASS PROCEEDING. Your rights will be determined by a NEUTRAL ARBITRATOR, NOT A JUDGE OR JURY. You are entitled to a fair hearing before the arbitrator. The arbitrator can grant any relief that a court can, but you should note that arbitration proceedings are usually simpler and more streamlined than trials and other judicial proceedings. Decisions by the arbitrator are enforceable in court and may be overturned by a court only for very limited reasons.
(c) Court Proceedings: Any proceeding to enforce this arbitration agreement, including any proceeding to confirm, modify, or vacate an arbitration award, may be commenced in any court of competent jurisdiction. In the event that this arbitration agreement is for any reason held to be unenforceable, any litigation against datehookup.dating (except for small-claims court actions) may be commenced only in the federal or state courts located in Dallas County, California. You hereby irrevocably consent to the jurisdiction of those courts for such purposes.
(d) Governing Law: This Agreement, and any dispute between you and datehookup.dating, shall be governed by the laws of the state of Texas without regard to principles of conflicts of law, provided that this arbitration agreement shall be governed by the Federal Arbitration Act.
18. Indemnity: You agree to indemnify and hold datehookup.dating, its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, agents, and other partners and employees, harmless from any loss, liability, claim, or demand, including reasonable attorney's fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of your use of the Service in violation of this Agreement and/or arising from a breach of this Agreement and/or any breach of your representations and warranties set forth above.