Select your best hookup:
Local
Gay
Asian
Latin
East Europe

www listcrawler

We reach out to all youth in an attempt to support them keep away from this tragedy. how to hook up in the villages It is only excellent for sharing such facts when you have spent a significant amount of time with the person. It is like when you go purchasing , you decide on the very best one. cityxguide police 2020 SilverSingles makes it as practical as attainable for the older population to discover really like with web dating.

ct hookup site

Everybody on Facebook utilizes their actual names, you can find people today in your basic region, and let s face details, a lot of people today use Facebook for this type of stuff anyway. senior dating colorado There is a entire globe of Peloton Facebook groups out there to satisfy just about every niche, says Brandon Fields, a Peloton user considering that early 2020. When it comes to on the web Jewish weddings, JDate is responsible for matching over 50 percent of these couples. bedpage com san antonio And if the daters themselves appear in a Story, it lets other individuals see what they really appear like, even if their on the net pictures are out of date.

Home  Sign In  Search  Date Ideas  Join  Forums  Groups

5/27/2008 1:51:11 PM Boalsburg, Pennsylvania Trip in Honor of Memorial Day  

traveljunkie
Pittsburgh, PA

I had the honor and good fortune to discover a historical fact about and make a road trip to Boalsburg, Pennsylvania this past weekend in honor of Memorial Day. Boalsburg is said to be the birthplace of Memorial Day. I understand that's a claim made by several towns. In any case, I had an amazing trip. This town honors its heritage and this Country's Veterans. It has strict rules and regulations regarding what happens to the historic buildings, churches, grave stones, etc. within the town limits. They also maintain beautiful war memorials and the Pennsylvania State Military Museum. The people are genuine and I felt at home while visiting. I look forward to sharing my photographs with you very soon. I just wanted to let you know that there are large segments of the population who celebrate the true reason for Memorial Day. I thank you for your service past and present. I pray for you and your families. I was truly honored to carry a thought of each of you in my mind and heart this past weekend as I explored this amazing town and heritage. Thank you and God Bless!

5/27/2008 5:23:29 PM Boalsburg, Pennsylvania Trip in Honor of Memorial Day  

paken
Bonneau, SC

great post,thank you.A little diffferent than what bikerangel experienced in her neighborhood.this makes us all feel better.

5/27/2008 6:15:11 PM Boalsburg, Pennsylvania Trip in Honor of Memorial Day  

newlady2
Goldsboro, NC

THank you for that info- it wasnt something I had ever heard of. Feeling quite ignorant now.
One question, is this taught in schools. I only ask because my education was overseas ..

5/27/2008 7:33:14 PM Boalsburg, Pennsylvania Trip in Honor of Memorial Day  

wilbur35
Latrobe, PA

from what i have read,memorial day was originally to honor the union soldiers who died in te civil war.later it included all the military veterans from all wars.it is possible it started somewhere in pa. as pa .had more men in uniform than any other state in the civil war.

5/27/2008 7:50:35 PM Boalsburg, Pennsylvania Trip in Honor of Memorial Day  

wilbur35
Latrobe, PA

traveljunkie.when i joined the marines in 1953 there were 75 of us ,all from the pittsburgh area went to paris island on a bus.we were platoon 414,also known as the golden triangle platoon.when we graduated from boot camp,only about 60 of us made it,they had a ceremony on the courthouse steps in pittsburgh for us.i often wonder how many of us are still alive.latrobe also has a big parade on memorial day and all the veteran organizations participate.there is a memorial for all veterans.there is a brick sidewalk,each brick has a name and branch of service ,and the war they served in.me and my brother both have a brick on the walk.

5/28/2008 4:50:06 AM Boalsburg, Pennsylvania Trip in Honor of Memorial Day  

paken
Bonneau, SC

Wilber this is awesome,every city and state should have something like this.Maybe we Vet'S and those who support us should think about a group get together for next memorial day.

6/2/2008 11:22:19 AM Boalsburg, Pennsylvania Trip in Honor of Memorial Day  

traveljunkie
Pittsburgh, PA

Thanks for the feedback. I had actually never heard of Memorial Day's Birthplace until earlier this year. I don't recall learning about it's history in school. I stumbled upon the information browsing the internet. It was meant to be, I suppose.

From the town's website:

Boalsburg is widely known as the birthplace of Memorial Day. The first celebration was held in 1864, when three townswomen gathered in the cemetery to decorate the graves of fallen soldiers. The tradition is now carried on by local Girl Scout Troop 1184.

I have more to post but these are symbolic of Boalsburg's heritage.

6/4/2008 6:00:39 PM Boalsburg, Pennsylvania Trip in Honor of Memorial Day  

wisdomfor4nme
Perkasie, PA

Beautiful pictures TJ, I hope others will see the memorials as well.
Thank you! Please post more!!