Select your best hookup:
Local
Gay
Asian
Latin
East Europe

rubmaps near me

Adult personals, and completely free dating excellent in usa. vancouver chinese singles Elite Singles membership is extremely certified, making it an great selection if customers are looking for stimulating conversations. . how to change camera on omegle mobile com He receives funding from the Australian Investigation Council.

casual gay hookups

Don t leave dirty garments, dishes, or anything embarrassing lying around! Add a houseplant and some candles to instantaneously make your property appear warmer and additional attractive. aspen dating The League enables you to be pretty picky with your preferences, even allowing you to select which races you choose to see. Try to schedule to meet for coffee (someplace with upfront payments Starbucks/Coffee Bean, not Yellow Brick Road/Merchant s Lane) just after lunch on weekends. asian women in stockings I didn t tell them Jack s dad left when I was 11 weeks pregnant.

Home  Sign In  Search  Date Ideas  Join  Forums  Groups

8/1/2007 1:19:07 AM Why do people try so hard to defend thier beliefs?  

pickyeater
Bloomfield, KY

Because they believe what they believe can be challenged. They fear that what they believe is vulnerable to defeat.

Why the desparate defense, the frantic response to justify what they claim to know?

Remember: Truth needs no defense because nothing can affect it.

If your truth is true, then whats to fear?

If someone says something contrary to your truth does it change anything?

If you say something contrary to someone's truth, does it change the truth?

Truth never changes no matter what anyone says, does or thinks.

If your truth is true, then why do you have to defend it?

You only defend what you fear to lose.

Can you lose your truth? If so then it cant be truth.

Truth cannot be lost or defeated, so relax already!

8/1/2007 5:04:55 AM Why do people try so hard to defend thier beliefs?  

swcw25
Woonsocket, RI

"I" find myself defending "my beliefs" when and only when,someone else tries to discredit them or imply that Im less than,not as smart as,or just plain crazy,because of
"my beliefs"! I especially take offense when someone says "prove it"!

"My beliefs"are my convictions and confidence in somethings that cant necessarily be physically proven nor do they need to be.

I completely understand the frustrations of people who dont share "my belief" in Christianity and are continually having others imply that they are less than,not as smart as,or just plain crazy,because they dont believe in Christianity or whatever else they choose to believe!

It is equally frustrating for me when "some people" while defending "their beliefs"say things like..."the Christians" or "Christians"and seem to catergorize us all as being one entity, we're not!If we all just add one little word before we refer to a group of people,it would probably eliminate some of the discord in the world.That word is "SOME"!

Some people,some Christians,some Catholics,some teachers,some black people,some Iranians,just "SOME"!!!

We are ALL entitled to our own opinions! ITs nice to have a site where there is such a wide variety of different people w/different beliefs,who are ready,willing,and able,to share those opinions and beliefs openly and honestly! There is however something called being "brutally" honest and that is exactly what it implies, cruel or uncaring honesty.

Lets all try to get along!!!!!! PEACE

8/1/2007 11:25:12 PM Why do people try so hard to defend thier beliefs?  

queenofhearts61
Seymour, IN

The only time I say prove it is if someone keeps telling me something that they cannot prove, and that person is telling me it absolutely is the truth without any proof.

No one needs to prove what they believe to me. However, if they are telling me I should believe it over and over, then they need to show me some proof why I should believe it.

I have read this a couple times and it makes sense to me I hope it does to others. lol

8/2/2007 9:43:59 AM Why do people try so hard to defend thier beliefs?  

chinatown_girl
Oyster Bay, NY

i never go around trying to convert anybody i think everyone has had exposure to religion in this society and they wouldn't be hearing it from me for the first time. they can't knock on the door where we life in long island but when religious people (always christians) knocked on our door when we lived in brooklyn we let them in and my dad and i would have discussions with them.

i don't have a problem discussing religion but if in the exchange someone wants to belittle my beliefs, or call my beliefs superstitions or try to get me to follow their views out of fear, or tell me there is only one god from the middle east and everyone who followed any other god or doesnt believe in god is going to hell. one of the teachers at my catholic school told me that and i said, when i die i want to go to the place that has the most chinese people, and my ancestors, and my grandma who died in china. she told the priest, and i told him that i am also a buddhist and believe in kuan yin also (the female buddha) and he said "thats alright. she may be a form of mary, you can pray to her if you want." a few months ago we drove upstate to a mass for saint kateri (native american) and there were many native american catholics there. they smudged me everyone with sage and tobacco and we sang native songs in the mass.

life is changing and young people have a much different view of religion than people did in the past. the world is more inclusive and we speak up to our priests and ministers or monks and ask questions and don't just depend on the priest or minister to solve everything answer all the questions, they are human beings like us who have had the chance to study more about religion and spirituality and probably make it a larger part of their day than we do. the difference today is people are transforming religion to something better where it seems like in the past if someone heard something they didnt like in church from even ONE person their answer was to reject the whole church or even the whole religion and spend the rest of their life badmouthing it to everyone. everything has some good and some bad but don't throw the baby out with the bathwater.
we live in the days where we are free to do our own research, our prayers and meditations, and see what works for us, if not in one church than another instead of denouncing everything because of one bad experience that doesnt even hold true in all churches.

8/2/2007 2:07:44 PM Why do people try so hard to defend thier beliefs?  

queenofhearts61
Seymour, IN

Because I ask questions is the very reason I have come to the place I am in my life.

As much as I appreciate you China, you have no idea how much my generation changed things to make the world more open for your generation.

We started the questioning the old rules and the old ways of doing things. We started changes in the way minorities were treated. We changed the way women were looked at and treated. And we questioned the old religions. We challenged everything.

We did our part then to change it for the younger generations. Now, as the elders, we are changing the way the elders behave too.

8/2/2007 2:10:15 PM Why do people try so hard to defend thier beliefs?  

allinthedo
Tracy, CA

If they just shut up would you feel you won the conversation?

8/2/2007 2:12:25 PM Why do people try so hard to defend thier beliefs?  

queenofhearts61
Seymour, IN

Who are you talking to All? And if it is me I don't know what you are saying.

8/2/2007 2:20:35 PM Why do people try so hard to defend thier beliefs?  

swcw25
Woonsocket, RI

China------I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!PLEASE dont ever stop being YOU,you are truly a"GOD SEND"!!!!

Queen------You are also an amazing woman w/ much wisdom!I may not always agree but I always respect your opinion.

YOU ARE BOTH-----A CREDIT TO WOMAN!!!!!! PEACE

8/3/2007 8:38:35 AM Why do people try so hard to defend thier beliefs?  

chinatown_girl
Oyster Bay, NY

queen, u are right. there were and are many older people who have questioned and brought light and change to the world. many did it with religion too. i said what i did because when it comes to the christian religion mostly i come in contact with people who either take a dogmatic view and don't question anything at all and get angry and on the attack if others question it; or they run into a personal religous problem that didnt resolve the way they wanted; or maybe the particular branch of christianity they were following or raised in wasn't what they wanted so they spend their life denouncing people who do still believe. i dont call that trailblazing, thats just running around in a circle in the forest.

there r so many different variations of christianity, and these people who denounce it all probably haven't researched and participated in 1/100th of what is there. even in catholicism there is variation we have mystics, charismatic, and my favorite liberation theology which a friend (who had been disgusted with the way things were going in the religion) told me about. liberation theology is a version of catholicism where they really use the guidelines jesus gave us to bring justice to those who are being victimized as well as to really love our neighbors and the earth. the catholic priests and nuns who have been following this have often been raped and murdered just for helping the poor in places like el salvador. there is also unity school of christianty, i get their publication called daily word. they r very progressive and not fundamentalist; but its easier to prove a point if all christians r portrayed as damning everyone to hell and being fundamentalists.

ps thanks for the good words scwc and i feel the same way about queen's inputs.

[Edited 8/3/2007 8:39:41 AM]