Select your best hookup:
Local
Gay
Asian
Latin
East Europe

megapersonls

You spent years emotionally investing oneself in your wife. merritt island singles We believe practically nothing is the dating app refund peregian beach accommodation we think practically nothing is the folks will grant either a single booking. My final date was a tinder, she was ever so sweet, but looked 10 years older than her pictures. live fling meet It happens every single day, thanks to web sites like Eharmony.

what is the best local hookup app

We will read them out loud so we can all laugh collectively at your excellent, poor, or ugly dating story. danville craigslist personals Kelly Cheung, 26, from Skipton, was diagnosed with breast cancer right after a date she met on the dating app, Hinge, noticed a lump. Or will he spend six months out of the year travelling on his yacht? This question will inform you about his go to source of entertaining. tinder 40303 fix It was a blanket, and woven into it was the image of our initially Tinder conversation.

Home  Sign In  Search  Date Ideas  Join  Forums  Singles Groups  - 100% FREE Online Dating, Join Now!

9/28/2013 11:58:49 AM Homeschooling Creates Kids of Higher Intelligence.  

bubba19682007
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (11,638)
Leadville, CO
45, joined Aug. 2008

(this post has been flagged as inappropriate, sorry.)

Meet singles at DateHookup.dating, we're 100% free! Join now!

DateHookup.dating - 100% Free Personals

9/28/2013 12:00:36 PM Homeschooling Creates Kids of Higher Intelligence.  

fearless8841
Over 7,500 Posts!! (9,264)
North Pole, AK
40, joined Jan. 2012

9/28/2013 12:11:16 PM Homeschooling Creates Kids of Higher Intelligence.  

fearless8841
North Pole, AK
40, joined Jan. 2012

Quote from hornetsnest2:
A topic I absolutely agree with Bubba on.

Homeschooling is absolutely superior to that of regular schooling. Particularly public schooling. The only draw back if at all is interaction between other children and young adults that helps in child development.

If parents are capable of and are equipped to handle the rigors of a solid education as laid out by the board of education in their respective states, I think homeschooling is an excellent idea. I haven't examined the data concerning the differences of students homeschooled versus regular public education, but I can well imagine that those children homeschooled, would do quite well in the intelligence department. Again, the only thing that is important is to make sure that such children have interaction with other children.

I agree.

As for the social aspect, I'd love to see more parents get together and orchestrate a network for group field trips...

9/28/2013 2:05:09 PM Homeschooling Creates Kids of Higher Intelligence.  

bubba19682007
Leadville, CO
45, joined Aug. 2008

someone recently posted a George Carlin Video on alot of different things, but what he said on education in this country was spot on.

9/28/2013 2:09:52 PM Homeschooling Creates Kids of Higher Intelligence.  

bubba19682007
Leadville, CO
45, joined Aug. 2008

This explains a lot os well.

[Edited 9/28/2013 2:11:24 PM ]

9/28/2013 2:24:54 PM Homeschooling Creates Kids of Higher Intelligence.  

bluecougareyes
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (13,279)
Chelan, WA
69, joined Nov. 2008

@: Bubba

Can you please post the web link to the G. Carlin video.

I have some PC problems with viewing videos, so all I see is a video screen that's a big gray square with no way to view IT or access its whereabouts.

9/28/2013 2:50:58 PM Homeschooling Creates Kids of Higher Intelligence.  

bubba19682007
Leadville, CO
45, joined Aug. 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_zwB6GLpo4

9/28/2013 2:55:12 PM Homeschooling Creates Kids of Higher Intelligence.  

bluecougareyes
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (13,279)
Chelan, WA
69, joined Nov. 2008

Thanks Bubba...

9/28/2013 4:05:08 PM Homeschooling Creates Kids of Higher Intelligence.  

k1ngmaker
Over 4,000 Posts! (7,458)
Edmonton, AB
34, joined Apr. 2010

While my wife at her social work practicum had to work with home schooled children who were so far behind, they couldn't read properly.

One kid does not represent all children. For good or ill.

I'm also amazed that kids who obviously simply are parroting their parents ideologies are somehow described as intelligent by the ultra right wing.

9/28/2013 4:21:01 PM Homeschooling Creates Kids of Higher Intelligence.  

ftgreenbrooklyn
Over 2,000 Posts (2,073)
Lithonia, GA
34, joined Jul. 2013

Kids usually do well being home schooled. I understand kings side also. Some parents choose to homeschool simply because they don't want to adhere to the schools rules,bulling or hidden child abuse . Most parents don't home school for those reasons. If I could afford to stay home it would be my first choice as well.

9/28/2013 4:21:16 PM Homeschooling Creates Kids of Higher Intelligence.  

libexterminator
Over 4,000 Posts! (5,950)
Wyandotte, MI
52, joined Dec. 2011

I did a thread about this a couple weeks back. 2 million kids are home schooled in the United States. Each year on average 100,000 more kids are home schooled. The number #1 reason parents decide to home school their kids?, to provide their children with moral counseling. Let's be real. The public schools are out of control in every measure of the word.

9/28/2013 5:27:08 PM Homeschooling Creates Kids of Higher Intelligence.  
61falcon
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (18,297)
New Hope, PA
73, joined Feb. 2008

Wouldn't that depend greatly on the teacher at HOME???

9/28/2013 5:31:35 PM Homeschooling Creates Kids of Higher Intelligence.  
61falcon
New Hope, PA
73, joined Feb. 2008

I absolutely disagree public schools in town with high real estate taxes which support the public schools generally have very good teachers and produce very good students.Cities and towns which do not put the tax dollars into their public education usually wind up with inferior teachers and students.

9/28/2013 7:50:26 PM Homeschooling Creates Kids of Higher Intelligence.  

lobo_corazon
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (25,402)
Orleans, ON
45, joined May. 2008

Quote from 61falcon:
Wouldn't that depend greatly on the teacher at HOME???

Exactly. Most parents are not remotely qualified to be teachers.

I would have been in the perfect situation for home schooling, as both of my parents were outstanding elementary school teachers. But I would have missed out on a lot of fun... Sports... Concert band... Girls of course... It would have sucked a lot. Plus, I would have ended up out in the barn every afternoon.

9/28/2013 10:38:08 PM Homeschooling Creates Kids of Higher Intelligence.  

sillylaugher61
Over 2,000 Posts (3,713)
Murrysville, PA
52, joined Aug. 2011

I believe that the last 2 National spelling bee winners were both home schooled.
common core will make home schooling illegal!! so find out more about the poor
standars offered in common core!! your kids deserve better!!

9/28/2013 10:51:51 PM Homeschooling Creates Kids of Higher Intelligence.  
61falcon
New Hope, PA
73, joined Feb. 2008

I agree kids need the social interaction of being around their peer group,especially today when so many of the electronic toys and games they play further isolate them.

9/28/2013 11:22:04 PM Homeschooling Creates Kids of Higher Intelligence.  

k1ngmaker
Over 4,000 Posts! (7,458)
Edmonton, AB
34, joined Apr. 2010

Quote from timotheos1:
I have nine nephews all home schooled; the oldest received a free ride from the Air Force Academy, he is currently stationed in Germany attached to a fighter wing. The next graduated from Purdue with his MBA he is a Vice President for IBM Japan, the others all are working in the oil industry with their masters in chemical engineering.

I was home schooled until grade 8 while still living in Greece, I finished public school in America and graduated in the 11th grade. I received my MBA from Xavier.

That's great for all of them, but anecdotes are not data, especially ones involving entirely one family.

Quote from ftgreenbrooklyn:
Kids usually do well being home schooled. I understand kings side also. Some parents choose to homeschool simply because they don't want to adhere to the schools rules,bulling or hidden child abuse . Most parents don't home school for those reasons. If I could afford to stay home it would be my first choice as well.

Most people that I know who home school do it because they're super religious and don't want their children exposed to education about global warming, evolution, and that a stork doesn't bring babies.

[Edited 9/28/2013 11:23:33 PM ]

9/28/2013 11:22:17 PM Homeschooling Creates Kids of Higher Intelligence.  
illuminati_13
Over 2,000 Posts (3,036)
Louisville, KY
21, joined Aug. 2013

It isn't capitalism, it's people being uneducated and no standing up for themselves.

9/28/2013 11:30:40 PM Homeschooling Creates Kids of Higher Intelligence.  
dreamweaver58
Over 7,500 Posts!! (8,503)
Olympia, WA
62, joined May. 2010

Quote from 61falcon:
I agree kids need the social interaction of being around their peer group,especially today when so many of the electronic toys and games they play further isolate them.

This is a big part of the problem. Schools are suppose to be where you go to get an education. There are many times and places that are for socializing but the focus on school really needs to be about learning.

Here again, sending your child to any school or home schooling is your right and responsibility not the government. Absolutely not the schools that receive government collected tax money for every student that attends no matter how poorly run the system is.

Totally agree, it's all about indoctrination and not about education or socialization at all.

9/28/2013 11:46:58 PM Homeschooling Creates Kids of Higher Intelligence.  

bubba19682007
Leadville, CO
45, joined Aug. 2008

Quote from 61falcon:
I absolutely disagree public schools in town with high real estate taxes which support the public schools generally have very good teachers and produce very good students.Cities and towns which do not put the tax dollars into their public education usually wind up with inferior teachers and students.

The fact is, 47 states adhere to the INFERIOR Common Core education that is all about indoctrination and LITTLE to do with academics. MOST of these kids wouldn't be able to pass jr high tests from my time, let alone YOUR time. and its because, these kids aren't being taught what they should be, and are definitely NOT being taught to think for themselves.

Common core is NOT a good thing.

9/28/2013 11:50:35 PM Homeschooling Creates Kids of Higher Intelligence.  

bubba19682007
Leadville, CO
45, joined Aug. 2008

Quote from lobo_corazon:

I would have been in the perfect situation for home schooling, as both of my parents were outstanding elementary school teachers. But I would have missed out on a lot of fun... Sports... Concert band... Girls of course... It would have sucked a lot. Plus, I would have ended up out in the barn every afternoon.

I know more than most of my kids teachers, all they know is what comes in on the Programming curriculum and not much more than that. that is why I teach my kid at home, as well as what he gets from school. AS WELL as correct the BS propaganda they try to feed him there.

9/29/2013 12:02:22 AM Homeschooling Creates Kids of Higher Intelligence.  

ftgreenbrooklyn
Over 2,000 Posts (2,073)
Lithonia, GA
34, joined Jul. 2013

Quote from k1ngmaker:
Most people that I know who home school do it because they're super religious and don't want their children exposed to education about global warming, evolution, and that a stork doesn't bring babies.

wow that is a little crazy to me. It may just be culture differences causing that. I really hope that is not the norm. that is so far from the reason that I would rather home school.

9/29/2013 3:47:18 AM Homeschooling Creates Kids of Higher Intelligence.  
bannockburn
Over 7,500 Posts!! (8,059)
Lynnwood, WA
47, joined May. 2010

Quote from k1ngmaker:

You just can't help yourself huh twink? F**king once a moron always a moron.

9/29/2013 5:06:52 AM Homeschooling Creates Kids of Higher Intelligence.  

willblock775
Over 2,000 Posts (2,361)
Berwyn, IL
43, joined Jan. 2013

The best thing liberal utopian thing about the public school system these days is teaching kids how fabulous it is to be a twinkie. When I try to question the kids about what they've been taught they get angry and start going on rants not willing to consider any opposing viewpoints just like they have been indoctrinated into a cult. So as far as I am concerned it appears that Bubba is right.

9/29/2013 6:53:28 AM Homeschooling Creates Kids of Higher Intelligence.  

gizmosellsbots
Over 1,000 Posts (1,172)
Shakopee, MN
36, joined Oct. 2012

Public Education get what you pay for.

9/29/2013 8:40:09 AM Homeschooling Creates Kids of Higher Intelligence.  

fearless8841
North Pole, AK
40, joined Jan. 2012

Quote from lobo_corazon:

This is why I don't home school. If I had even the remotest idea of how to teach my children, I'd do it -- and not for religious reasons. Schools are violent -- even up here. Teachers don't give a rats a** half the time either.

Home schooling would work if it were done for the right reasons -- and if there were a network for children so that they don't miss out on the social aspects. That's important too.

9/29/2013 9:58:59 AM Homeschooling Creates Kids of Higher Intelligence.  

lobo_corazon
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (25,402)
Orleans, ON
45, joined May. 2008

Quote from willblock775:
The best thing liberal utopian thing about the public school system these days is teaching kids how fabulous it is to be a twinkie. When I try to question the kids about what they've been taught they get angry and start going on rants not willing to consider any opposing viewpoints just like they have been indoctrinated into a cult.

Sounds like a description of right-wingers defending their foolish beliefs.

"The financial meltdown was caused by the government forcing banks to make bad loans without doing background checks!"

If your kids are getting angry and "ranting", it's because of your parenting. Kids learn how to react from their parents, not teachers. Sorry!

[Edited 9/29/2013 9:59:17 AM ]

9/29/2013 11:48:06 AM Homeschooling Creates Kids of Higher Intelligence.  
mermaidinwaitin
Over 2,000 Posts (2,559)
Seattle, WA
42, joined Dec. 2012

Quote from libexterminator:
... The number #1 reason parents decide to home school their kids?, to provide their children with moral counseling. Let's be real. The public schools are out of control in every measure of the word.

"Moral counseling"? The parents I know were just sick and tired of the violence and drama taking over the educational aspects.

Quote from chrgunter64:
If I can afford it I hope to be able to home school.

It can be anywhere from free, to at least no more expensive than having your child in public schools (have you seen one of those supply lists for the kids at the start of each year?) You can arrange their school hours around your work hours, so forget the lame excuse from working parents. You can get books and other instructional materials from any library. I know there are free lesson plans and activities all over the internet...

Quote from gizmosellsbots:
Public Education get what you pay for.

TOTAL AND COMPLETE BULLSHIT. At my last house, the portion of my property taxes that went to the public schools was well over $2,000 a year, and I was supplementing every supply they asked for, right down to the stupid red pens for the teachers to correct with and the tissues she kept on her desk. Meanwhile, the little gangsters were disrupting classes and tormenting kids on the play ground, with no intervention by staff (what the hell is a playground attendant paid for???)
But, all those hellians and their parents weren't putting in penny one, and the kids were just stealing or bumming supplies. That was why my kid was pulled into home school, I was sick of the lack of work ethic in the faculty.

Quote from fearless8841:
This is why I don't home school. If I had even the remotest idea of how to teach my children, I'd do it -- and not for religious reasons. Schools are violent -- even up here. Teachers don't give a rats a** half the time either.

Home schooling would work if it were done for the right reasons -- and if there were a network for children so that they don't miss out on the social aspects. That's important too.

There are many ways to track the kids' progress, and even for free online.
Hold those teachers, counselors, principals, ...ACCOUNTABLE. Yes, they can be criminally charged for ignoring and/or not reporting any crime against/abuse of a child, as they are ALL MANDATORY REPORTERS. Too many parents forget that they have rights, as do their kids.
Socializing? PE class can be swimming at the local club, climbing on the bars at the local park, joining a dojo and letting them learn self defense (my choice)... History class can include a visit to the local childrens' museum. There are kids everywhere.

9/29/2013 12:36:21 PM Homeschooling Creates Kids of Higher Intelligence.  

longbobby
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (47,151)
Lufkin, TX
53, joined Aug. 2010

Quote from bluecougareyes:
@: Bubba

Can you please post the web link to the G. Carlin video.

I have some PC problems with viewing videos, so all I see is a video screen that's a big gray square with no way to view IT or access its whereabouts.
===================================================================

I have problems w/ Adobe Flash Player myself when using Mozilla Firefox. Download the latest version of Adobe Flash Player,...then uninstall your present version of flash player and install the new version.

It's a pain in the behind; I'll grant you, when the Adobe plug ins fail.

Flash is pretty reliable though using my SRWare Iron web browser.

9/29/2013 7:41:21 PM Homeschooling Creates Kids of Higher Intelligence.  

bubba19682007
Leadville, CO
45, joined Aug. 2008

Quote from lobo_corazon:
Sounds like a description of right-wingers defending their foolish beliefs.

"The financial meltdown was caused by the government forcing banks to make bad loans without doing background checks!"

If your kids are getting angry and "ranting", it's because of your parenting. Kids learn how to react from their parents, not teachers. Sorry!

The Government DOES NOT force their Puppetmasters to do ANYTHING. the loan scam was done ON PURPOSE to do EXACTLY what it did to the Economy. Isnt it Interesting that the same Banks that wanted the Bail outs are the same ones who own the Federal Reserve. Because the way they paid out those bail outs was by printing more money, and with every dollar they print, Interest is tacked on to each dollar. so they put the country even further into debt, And here's the kicker,,,The money they said that there was an E-run on the banks NEVER HAPPENED. Kind of like when JP Morgan put out the Knickerbocker bank was insolvent to cause a run and it really wasnt. They have the peoples number down to a science. they KNOW how people are going to react to what they tell you. And From what I see from the Mental Giants on here, You rise to their Manipulation EVERY time.

And with Common Core Education it will NEVER get better, they will become More and more predictable, because they have been programmed to be that way.