Select your best hookup:
Local
Gay
Asian
Latin
East Europe

www rubmaps ch

One particular of the most significant difficulties we ve faced recently is with how website traffic is diverted to our internet site. arkansas hookup sites In January, give them a bit of fertilizer and place them in a sunny window that isn t subject to cold drafts, or place them below a shop light on a timer so that they get six eight hours of vibrant light each day. Nearly all dating web sites claim to be inclusive of all sexualities and genders even so, lots of individuals in the queer neighborhood don t totally agree. usasexguide net Alex Dang is a sophomore pursuing a double significant in Computer system Engineering and Economics at the University of Maryland.

gay hookup spots nyc

Won t you want to know how their social media account would look like if you two get together. singles in monterey ca Hopefully, your date will try to get to know you far better definitely soon. That is what Zeal s aiming to recreate a sense of neighborhood but on the on line dating space, in the hope to build ‘more genuine and meaningful relationships , or so says the founder Izzy. movie 43 gotham speed dating Would you mind to filling out a survey for my private case study? It aims to remedy the pain points of existing dating app .

Home  Sign In  Search  Date Ideas  Join  Forums  Singles Groups  - 100% FREE Online Dating, Join Now!

7/24/2008 12:46:02 AM VA Health Care, Benefits, Domicile, Nursing Home, or Dental Procedures  

eagleeyes7
Over 2,000 Posts (3,925)
Fort Myers, FL

Rather than continue with useless debate on just what is the proper procedure for getting into the VAMC Health Care system, I have decided to put an end to this, and post info from the VA site itself.

http://www.va.gov/healtheligibility/application/

Applying for Care
Apply or Enroll for VA Medical Benefits
10-10ez Form
Applying for VA health Care, Nursing Home, Domiciliary or Dental Benefits
You can apply for VA health care, Nursing Home, Domiciliary or Dental Benefits by completing VA Form 10-10EZ, Application for Health Benefits. Be sure you sign and date the application. You can obtain this form by:

Accessing our web site, www.va.gov/1010EZ.htm, or
Visiting, calling or writing any VA health care facility or Veterans Benefits Office. or
Calling VA’s Health Benefits Service Center, toll free at 877-222-VETS (8387), Monday through Friday between 7:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m. eastern
If you are applying in person at any VA medical center, you can request an appointment for medical care at the same time you apply for enrollment – there is no need to wait to request an appointment before your enrollment is confirmed. Additionally, you can indicate on the VA Form 10-10EZ if you desire an appointment and when your application is processed at the medical center, an appointment will be scheduled for you. You will be notified in writing of your appointment and your eligibility for medical care. For veterans requesting care for a service-connected disability, those appointments have a higher priority (see below) and will be scheduled within 30 days of the desired date.

VA will provide you priority access to care if you are a veteran who:

Needs care of a service-connected disability or
Are 50 percent service-connected or higher and need care for any condition.
In this case, VA will schedule you for a primary care evaluation within 30 days of desired date. If your outpatient appointment cannot be scheduled within this timeframe, VA will arrange to have you seen within 30 days at another VA health care facility or obtain the services on fee basis, under a sharing agreement or contract at VA expense.

All other veterans will be scheduled for a Primary Care appointment as soon as one becomes available.

Applying for Care
Apply or Enroll for VA Medical Benefits
10-10ez Form
Applying for VA health Care, Nursing Home, Domiciliary or Dental Benefits
You can apply for VA health care, Nursing Home, Domiciliary or Dental Benefits by completing VA Form 10-10EZ, Application for Health Benefits. Be sure you sign and date the application. You can obtain this form by:

Accessing our web site, www.va.gov/1010EZ.htm, or
Visiting, calling or writing any VA health care facility or Veterans Benefits Office. or
Calling VA’s Health Benefits Service Center, toll free at 877-222-VETS (8387), Monday through Friday between 7:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m. eastern
If you are applying in person at any VA medical center, you can request an appointment for medical care at the same time you apply for enrollment – there is no need to wait to request an appointment before your enrollment is confirmed. Additionally, you can indicate on the VA Form 10-10EZ if you desire an appointment and when your application is processed at the medical center, an appointment will be scheduled for you. You will be notified in writing of your appointment and your eligibility for medical care. For veterans requesting care for a service-connected disability, those appointments have a higher priority (see below) and will be scheduled within 30 days of the desired date.

Priority Scheduling for Service-Connected Veterans
VA will provide you priority access to care if you are a veteran who:

Needs care of a service-connected disability or
Are 50 percent service-connected or higher and need care for any condition.
In this case, VA will schedule you for a primary care evaluation within 30 days of desired date. If your outpatient appointment cannot be scheduled within this timeframe, VA will arrange to have you seen within 30 days at another VA health care facility or obtain the services on fee basis, under a sharing agreement or contract at VA expense.

All other veterans will be scheduled for a Primary Care appointment as soon as one becomes available.

Applying For Long Term Care
Long Term Care benefits provide for a range of long-term care services, including nursing home care, domiciliary care, adult day health care, geriatric evaluation and respite care.

Nonservice-connected and zero percent service-connected enrolled veterans with income over the single pension rate will need to complete VA Form 10-10EC, Application for Extended Care Services in addition to a VA Form 10-10EZ.

Form 10-10EC is used to measure your family's current income and assets to determine if you will be charged copays for long term care.

Veterans with a compensable service-connected disability are exempt from long-term care copays.

What Evidence Is Needed to Apply?
To reduce processing time, you may submit the following paperwork

a copy of your discharge papers (DD-214 or “WD” form) if you are not currently receiving benefits from VA,
military service records indicating that you received a Purple Heart Medal, or evidence that you received hostile fire or imminent danger pay or a a combat medal after this date if you indicated that you were in combat after November 11, 1998.

Duty to Assist
Veterans Claims Act of 2000 and Duty to Assist
The new law requires that the VA obtain any records in the VA's possession, or within any other Federal agency. The law also mandates the VA tell the claimant what evidence is needed to support their claim. The VA now must make several efforts to obtain any evidence identified by the claimant.

Evidence to support a claim
By law, the burden of proof falls on the veteran or dependent. Even though the VA is now required to look for evidence, this may take many months. You can help your claim and speed up the process if you can obtain supporting evidence.

Evidence can be any number of items:

The veteran's statements, especially those of combat veterans claiming a "combat related" injury or illness;
Statements from friends, relatives or anyone that has knowledge of your disability and its relationship to service;
Medical evidence.
Any lay statements must fit certain criteria and are not always helpful. Some can be harmful to your claim. You should discuss any statements with your veterans representative before submitting it to the VA.

What if I Need Assistance?
If you need assistance completing the form, contact:

The Enrollment Coordinator at your local VA health care facility.
VA’s Health Benefits Service Center at 877-222-VETS (8387),
A State or County Veterans Service Officer, or
A Service Officer with a Veteran Service Organization

Cont'd below.........

Meet singles at DateHookup.dating, we're 100% free! Join now!

DateHookup.dating - 100% Free Personals

7/24/2008 12:49:13 AM VA Health Care, Benefits, Domicile, Nursing Home, or Dental Procedures  

eagleeyes7
Over 2,000 Posts (3,925)
Fort Myers, FL

Cont'd from above....

Who Can Sign the Form?
You or the person acting as your Power of Attorney must sign and date the form.

If your Power of Attorney signs and dates the form you must submit a copy of the Power of Attorney with the form.

If you sign with an “X”, then two people that you know should witness you as you sign. They must also sign and print their names on the

Where Do I Send My Completed Application?
Mail the original application with a copy of your supporting materials to your local VA health care facility.

When Will I Receive A Decision On My Application?
Once your application for enrollment in VA health care system is processed, VA will send you a letter informing you of your enrollment priority group assignment and whether you were enrolled.

The letter will also give you instructions on how to appeal the decision if you do not agree with it.

Do I Need to Reapply Annually?
Veterans who are enrolled will remain enrolled without having to reapply for benefit annually. However, some veterans will need to update their financial information yearly to keep their enrollment priority current. VA will contact these veterans when it is time to update their financial information.

I hope that this information will end any controversy, and help Vets access the VA system to get the care that they have earned during their service.

Semper Fi~

Eagle Out!

7/24/2008 6:00:51 AM VA Health Care, Benefits, Domicile, Nursing Home, or Dental Procedures  

paken
Over 1,000 Posts (1,715)
Bonneau, SC

Thanks Eagle,this is great info.I never applied for va benefits because I had my own Ins but with the state of our economy I might have to.

7/24/2008 7:37:10 AM VA Health Care, Benefits, Domicile, Nursing Home, or Dental Procedures  
no1slonesome4me
Chester, MA

Eagle,
I think your posts are very informative and usefull. If one doesn't care they do not have to post or even read it, but others of us do care. Having said that I thank you for the very useful information!!

7/24/2008 10:11:20 PM VA Health Care, Benefits, Domicile, Nursing Home, or Dental Procedures  
lilguppy2bit
Over 4,000 Posts! (6,964)
Auburn, WA

great pic as well. don't mind me my dear ones am always lurking in the background.

7/27/2008 12:17:57 AM VA Health Care, Benefits, Domicile, Nursing Home, or Dental Procedures  

eagleeyes7
Over 2,000 Posts (3,925)
Fort Myers, FL

Thanks Bettye,

Bringing it back to the 1st page again............

Eagle

Semper Fi~

7/27/2008 7:33:09 PM VA Health Care, Benefits, Domicile, Nursing Home, or Dental Procedures  
lilguppy2bit
Auburn, WA

there was only one Black Vet at the memorial and he is the new Director of the "Old Soldiers Home" in Olympia.

7/27/2008 8:19:41 PM VA Health Care, Benefits, Domicile, Nursing Home, or Dental Procedures  

tiredlogger
Over 1,000 Posts (1,433)
Booneville, MS

thanks eagle at this point i am really having to think about tryin to get my medical help thru the va.as a single father and the way jobs are here where i live income is very low and no health insurance on me. thanks again

7/27/2008 11:51:00 PM VA Health Care, Benefits, Domicile, Nursing Home, or Dental Procedures  

eagleeyes7
Over 2,000 Posts (3,925)
Fort Myers, FL

Hey Logger, Welcome aboard!

Yes, you should get "enrolled" back into the system, as new legislation may benefit you and your child should you need it.

Go to www.standup4vets.org -the DAV site for bills now being considered in committee, and check out how they may apply to your personal circumstances.

If your a service-connected Vet (wounded in action, injured working in service, etc.), you get a priority rating and a physical may give you a monthly check after applying for disability. (John McCain gets 100% disability-$58,000 a year, and he's getting around pretty well at 72!)

Still, there are other benefits that you may be eligible for, and with the current job and economic strife the US is going through, I know that homebuilding is down a great deal, so logging would be affected as well.

Good Luck,

Semper Fi~

Eagle

7/28/2008 5:45:50 PM VA Health Care, Benefits, Domicile, Nursing Home, or Dental Procedures  
lilguppy2bit
Auburn, WA

7/29/2008 11:18:39 AM VA Health Care, Benefits, Domicile, Nursing Home, or Dental Procedures  
lilguppy2bit
Auburn, WA

7/30/2008 3:27:29 AM VA Health Care, Benefits, Domicile, Nursing Home, or Dental Procedures  

eagleeyes7
Over 2,000 Posts (3,925)
Fort Myers, FL

Thanks again, Bettye!

Without you, this would be on page 6 by now!

Semper Fi~

Eagle

8/24/2008 9:52:48 PM VA Health Care, Benefits, Domicile, Nursing Home, or Dental Procedures  
lilguppy2bit
Auburn, WA

I think that perhaps we need to get some of this info back to where it can be found.

8/25/2008 10:08:50 AM VA Health Care, Benefits, Domicile, Nursing Home, or Dental Procedures  
highlandscout
Twisp, WA

8/25/2008 10:39:31 PM VA Health Care, Benefits, Domicile, Nursing Home, or Dental Procedures  
lilguppy2bit
Auburn, WA

to the top

8/27/2008 1:14:10 AM VA Health Care, Benefits, Domicile, Nursing Home, or Dental Procedures  

eagleeyes7
Over 2,000 Posts (3,925)
Fort Myers, FL

8/27/2008 11:18:56 AM VA Health Care, Benefits, Domicile, Nursing Home, or Dental Procedures  
bikerangel3
Over 4,000 Posts! (5,700)
Pittsburgh, PA

Thanks Eagle , I have told my friends in the PGR who are Veterans how to acess my posts and yours also so they may benefit from the hard work you do in support of ALL Veterans !!!! SALUTE !!!!!!! You are one of My Personal Hero's BTW !!!!!

8/28/2008 12:47:57 PM VA Health Care, Benefits, Domicile, Nursing Home, or Dental Procedures  
bikerangel3
Pittsburgh, PA

BTTT

9/2/2008 7:44:13 PM VA Health Care, Benefits, Domicile, Nursing Home, or Dental Procedures  

eagleeyes7
Over 2,000 Posts (3,925)
Fort Myers, FL

Thanks, and the way I see it, one of us has to do some of the homework that everyone else can take advantage of, if the need arises.

I remain here for ?

Semper Fi!

Eagle

9/2/2008 7:54:24 PM VA Health Care, Benefits, Domicile, Nursing Home, or Dental Procedures  
dounix
White River Junction, VT

Hey eagleeyes, I normally don't post much in here, but that is great information. I use A VA Medical Center for my service connected injuries. I have not had bad visits, they just sometimes take a while to get through the red tape, mostly waiting for appointments.

uNix .......

9/3/2008 9:02:11 PM VA Health Care, Benefits, Domicile, Nursing Home, or Dental Procedures  
bikerangel3
Pittsburgh, PA

BTTT Eagle I have told my regional Road Captain in the PGR about these posts and how to find them Colonel Lee says THANK YOU & Salute !!!!! Bikerangel PGR NY

9/9/2008 11:26:00 PM VA Health Care, Benefits, Domicile, Nursing Home, or Dental Procedures  

eagleeyes7
Over 2,000 Posts (3,925)
Fort Myers, FL

Trying like heck to keep Vets inro current, but I've been prevented on a few of the informational threads, by the "Bumping" call by the administrators.

Any help out there?

Semper Fi~

Eagle

9/11/2008 10:22:32 AM VA Health Care, Benefits, Domicile, Nursing Home, or Dental Procedures  

dennis40
Reno, NV

The VA does not have dental benifits for veterans unless your a POW,or for emergency.
Good Luck on trying to get them.

9/11/2008 11:30:37 PM VA Health Care, Benefits, Domicile, Nursing Home, or Dental Procedures  

eagleeyes7
Over 2,000 Posts (3,925)
Fort Myers, FL

Dennis,
Generally, you are correct in that assessment, but I have seen 'departures' from the standard protocol occur.

An "emergency" could be an abcess, severe toothache, or loose tooth, and they will see you for those instances on a walk-in basis at a VAMC hospital.

The VA doesn't do cosmetic dental of any kind, and generally all they will do is pull it, root canals, or give antibiotics and pain medications.

Appreciate you bumping this back up.

Semper Fi~

Eagle

9/12/2008 12:45:16 PM VA Health Care, Benefits, Domicile, Nursing Home, or Dental Procedures  
lilguppy2bit
Auburn, WA

going up

10/23/2008 5:39:15 AM VA Health Care, Benefits, Domicile, Nursing Home, or Dental Procedures  

eagleeyes7
Over 2,000 Posts (3,925)
Fort Myers, FL

BTT

Hope this helps any new Vets in the group.

Semper Fi~

Eagle

11/22/2008 8:22:59 PM VA Health Care, Benefits, Domicile, Nursing Home, or Dental Procedures  
bikerangel3
Pittsburgh, PA

BTTT !

12/7/2008 11:01:57 AM VA Health Care, Benefits, Domicile, Nursing Home, or Dental Procedures  
paha2006
Harlem, MT

bringin it forward. you get dental benefits if your disability rating is 100%.

12/28/2008 12:33:49 AM VA Health Care, Benefits, Domicile, Nursing Home, or Dental Procedures  

eagleeyes7
Over 2,000 Posts (3,925)
Fort Myers, FL

Keeping this info current for those who may need it!

Semper Fi~

Eagle

2/8/2009 8:16:00 AM VA Health Care, Benefits, Domicile, Nursing Home, or Dental Procedures  
paha2006
Harlem, MT

kickin it back

3/16/2009 1:36:14 AM VA Health Care, Benefits, Domicile, Nursing Home, or Dental Procedures  

eagleeyes7
Over 2,000 Posts (3,925)
Fort Myers, FL

Can't thank those who care enough to keep this info current!

Thank YOU!

Eagle

3/18/2009 5:29:13 AM VA Health Care, Benefits, Domicile, Nursing Home, or Dental Procedures  
whamback
Over 2,000 Posts (2,156)
Columbus, OH

3/20/2009 4:30:10 AM VA Health Care, Benefits, Domicile, Nursing Home, or Dental Procedures  
whamback
Over 2,000 Posts (2,156)
Columbus, OH

3/22/2009 6:59:22 AM VA Health Care, Benefits, Domicile, Nursing Home, or Dental Procedures  
whamback
Over 2,000 Posts (2,156)
Columbus, OH

3/24/2009 4:44:54 PM VA Health Care, Benefits, Domicile, Nursing Home, or Dental Procedures  
whamback
Over 2,000 Posts (2,156)
Columbus, OH

to the top

4/13/2009 2:25:53 AM VA Health Care, Benefits, Domicile, Nursing Home, or Dental Procedures  

eagleeyes7
Over 2,000 Posts (3,925)
Fort Myers, FL

Thanks again Wham!

Eagle

4/17/2009 5:48:46 AM VA Health Care, Benefits, Domicile, Nursing Home, or Dental Procedures  
whamback
Over 2,000 Posts (2,156)
Columbus, OH

Good morning

4/20/2009 5:48:11 AM VA Health Care, Benefits, Domicile, Nursing Home, or Dental Procedures  
whamback
Over 2,000 Posts (2,156)
Columbus, OH

4/30/2009 9:00:30 AM VA Health Care, Benefits, Domicile, Nursing Home, or Dental Procedures  
whamback
Over 2,000 Posts (2,156)
Columbus, OH

Back to the top

5/7/2009 4:57:31 AM VA Health Care, Benefits, Domicile, Nursing Home, or Dental Procedures  

eagleeyes7
Over 2,000 Posts (3,925)
Fort Myers, FL

Thanks again Betts,

Luv ya gal, and keep fightin' that 'bug', I'm thinking of you!

Eagle

5/26/2009 1:47:35 PM VA Health Care, Benefits, Domicile, Nursing Home, or Dental Procedures  
whamback
Over 2,000 Posts (2,156)
Columbus, OH

This is info that needs to stay at the top

5/27/2009 6:15:29 AM VA Health Care, Benefits, Domicile, Nursing Home, or Dental Procedures  

frenchkissed
Georgetown, KY

All I can say is this. I'm an Air Force veteran, who was turned down after my back surgery in 1989, even with records so thick with all my doctors and specialist visits. I didn't feel like messing with the VA, until my problem re-occured in 2006. No I had enough. I'm not using my insurance to pay for something that happened while on active duty. I fought the VA again, this time having to go to my congressman here in Kentucky, Ben Chandler, just to schedule me for an appt. He fights for VA rights. After a physical, i was approved. In a NUTSHELL, FIGHT FOR YOUR BENEFITS. They are responsible for caring for you after being injured. I get 40% and even though I don't have insurance right now, they go by my income and will bill you. I have NOTHING BUT GOOD THINGS TO SAY ABOUT THE VA, because they were here for me when i lost my job.

[Edited 5/27/2009 6:16:19 AM ]

6/12/2009 4:47:12 AM VA Health Care, Benefits, Domicile, Nursing Home, or Dental Procedures  
whamback
Over 2,000 Posts (2,156)
Columbus, OH

always to the top

7/3/2009 8:56:50 PM VA Health Care, Benefits, Domicile, Nursing Home, or Dental Procedures  

palgirl
Owensboro, KY

BTT

7/12/2009 9:27:22 AM VA Health Care, Benefits, Domicile, Nursing Home, or Dental Procedures  
easygoinalways
Coloma, MI

I have a question someone may be able to help me with.

I did 4 years in the Air Force from 1993-1997..

I applied for VA Med Benifits last week. I just recieved a letter in the mail on Saturday stating I made too much last year and they go by the proir years income.

My current situation is that I am laid off, have no insurance, have 4 dependents...

With that being said is there a way to speak with someone about this and to get my current status reviewed?

I really need to get some healthcare as soon as possible.

Please dont get me wrong... I dont want something for nothing. But indeed if I am eligible I would really like to get it.

Thankyou

8/19/2009 11:21:33 PM VA Health Care, Benefits, Domicile, Nursing Home, or Dental Procedures  

eagleeyes7
Over 2,000 Posts (3,925)
Fort Myers, FL

Easy...I sent you a personal email, with specific detailed instructions on what to do,
and what paperwork to bring with you.

Good Luck,

Eagle

8/20/2009 8:29:08 AM VA Health Care, Benefits, Domicile, Nursing Home, or Dental Procedures  
futurebff
Lobelville, TN

Thanks eagle, so many vets in my area don't take advantage of what is out there. You have posted some great info I shall pass it on in my area. Thank all who serve. Proud daughter of a Korean Vet. Mary

8/21/2009 7:30:33 AM VA Health Care, Benefits, Domicile, Nursing Home, or Dental Procedures  
littleguppy
Over 1,000 Posts (1,524)
Shelley, ID

9/3/2009 5:24:52 PM VA Health Care, Benefits, Domicile, Nursing Home, or Dental Procedures  

whataguy5001
Over 4,000 Posts! (5,344)
Olympia, WA

btt

11/11/2009 5:28:09 AM VA Health Care, Benefits, Domicile, Nursing Home, or Dental Procedures  

eagleeyes7
Over 2,000 Posts (3,925)
Fort Myers, FL

Thank you all for the help in keeping all of this information current!

Semper Fi~

Eagle

11/12/2009 4:53:20 PM VA Health Care, Benefits, Domicile, Nursing Home, or Dental Procedures  

keykeper34
Over 1,000 Posts (1,152)
Boise, ID

11/18/2009 4:50:05 PM VA Health Care, Benefits, Domicile, Nursing Home, or Dental Procedures  

keykeper34
Over 1,000 Posts (1,152)
Boise, ID

11/20/2009 4:03:12 PM VA Health Care, Benefits, Domicile, Nursing Home, or Dental Procedures  

mcm542009
San Leandro, CA

Dear Sir, my name's Michael and I am a disabled veteran and I've been having a nightmare trying to deal with the V.A. here in northern California for my service connected disability, it has been one thing after another, I had spinal fusion surgery last January after waiting 8 months for it, but it has failed and I will be having another one this December, I have been told that my disability tops out at 60% and I don't see how that can be the case, I've learned alot through this experience, the most important is to ask vets because theV.A. wont tell you shit. It's great that you took the time to help with this info, thanks again Mike e-4 5/41 F.A U.S.A

11/21/2009 2:14:38 AM VA Health Care, Benefits, Domicile, Nursing Home, or Dental Procedures  

eagleeyes7
Over 2,000 Posts (3,925)
Fort Myers, FL

Michael, With what you have told me here so far, you are experiencing the old VA
"shuffle", and without knowing a lot more, I hesitate to give you direct advice on you
medical dilemma concerning your back injury service connection status. There are several
avenues that you can access, and although I won't give you "medical" advice, I would
suggest that if you can afford to get a second opinion from a spinal specialist, you
should do so before letting the VA attempt a second procedure! In reality, the VA uses
interns, or student doctors attending a university medical school. The government pays
their tuition in return for a contract to work at a VA hospital for several years. In
other words, YOU are a teaching aid! Or, you could call it what it is, "medical
practice", and the experience level of the surgeon, attending surgeon (the more
experienced doctor), and the PA's, is what you are intrusting your physical body to!

The VA cannot be sued for malpractice if they screw your back up for life, and the only
recourse you have is to hire an attorney to sue the Federal Government in District
Court. It's a long, drawn out process, and although once the decision is rendered, you
can get monetary compensation for your disability, no amount of money can return you to
your former self after a botched back surgery! Spinal Fusions are permanent, and once
the discs are removed, they are gone forever. I had a friend who had this done! He is no
longer with us now, the quality of his mobility was very limited, and he was always in pain!

Now, are you a member of the DAV? That is important in getting proper representation to
the VA to get your disability increased to the maximum possible, determined by your level
of mobility and work prospects. If you aren't, join immediately! The VFW is OK, as is
the American Legion, but the DAV is the 800 pound gorilla in Washington DC, and they do a
better job of representing Veterans in my past experience.

Since you are now getting 60%, or may be awarded this percentage after your next surgery,
I presume that you were injured in service, or wounded in action. If you wish, send me a
more detailed account of the circumstances of your injury, and what paper trail you have
on the incident. I always advise a Veteran to immediately obtain all service records,
medical records, and any travel, med-evac docs, that you can, as the crucial ones have a
habit of disappearing with time. E-mail me on this site with more information if you want.

The Patient Advocate:
Every VAMC has a Patient Advocate Officer, and this individual is there to represent YOU
and to deal with any complaints about your care, your doctor, or any special issues that
you are not comfortable discussing with your PCP (Primary Care Provider). Take advantage
of this access, and at least meet the person to register your disappointment in the
failure of the surgical fusion on your back. This is good for a few reasons. One, the
Patient Advocate keeps records of complaints or issues of concern, and two, you can find
out more information about your surgeons credentials, training, and experience from them.

In case you don't have any contact info on the DAV, here are the two northern California
National Service Offices. I hope one of them is near you.

Disabled American Veterans
VA Regional Office
Oakland Federal Building
Room 1110, North
1301 Clay Street
Oakland, CA 94612-5209
Phone: (510) 834-2921

Disabled American Veterans
National Service Office
10365 Old Placerville Road
Sacremento, CA 95827
Phone: (916) 364-6796

You can contact either one of them, and they will give you the location of the nearest
DAV National Service Officer to you. I know that there is one at every VAMC hospital,
and if that is close for you, see one at your next possible convienance.

Be Strong,

Eagle

11/27/2009 9:57:01 PM VA Health Care, Benefits, Domicile, Nursing Home, or Dental Procedures  

whataguy5001
Over 4,000 Posts! (5,344)
Olympia, WA

bttt

12/16/2009 4:05:03 AM VA Health Care, Benefits, Domicile, Nursing Home, or Dental Procedures  

eagleeyes7
Over 2,000 Posts (3,925)
Fort Myers, FL

Whataguy, thanks for the kicks, brother!

Semper Fi~

Eagle

12/18/2009 11:50:45 AM VA Health Care, Benefits, Domicile, Nursing Home, or Dental Procedures  
saesph1
Over 1,000 Posts (1,711)
Centerville, PA

I walk into the VA clinic for a check up. I'm in severe pain. My shoulder impants feel like two hugh tooth aches. I can't sign a check with my right hand it hurts so much. My knees are locking up and crunching. My neck hurts so bad that my head is listing to starboard. My left ankle is so stiff and painful I'm dragging it.

The nurse practitioner does not check my record, she is winging it. Ignore the sucking chest wound and treat the mosquito bite. "Your cholesterol is high, your blood pressure is high and you are pre-diabetic." "I CANT WALK", so I'm not getting any excersise, I'M IN PAIN, so my blood pressure is up. "Well I'm only doing my job, I'd like to give you another statin for your cholesterol." I had to walk out. I would have been arrested or had a stroke if I stayed another minute.

50 fvckin miles round trip to listen to this hag talk to me like I had an IQ of 80.

12/18/2009 10:45:25 PM VA Health Care, Benefits, Domicile, Nursing Home, or Dental Procedures  

eagleeyes7
Over 2,000 Posts (3,925)
Fort Myers, FL

Saesph1,

Did you have an appointment, or did you just do a "walk-in" because you felt so lousy?
Did you call them first, or do you have a service-connected injury/priority status? From
what I hear, it sounds like you must be at least 60% service-connected, or more.

P/A's are trained to follow a specific set of procedures before you see a PCP, and I know
that they can be a pain in the a** on the petty stuff from my own past experience! They
like to run you through their process before you go in to see a doctor, that way he can't
fault them for missing anything. The VA sometimes has some petty internal politics going
on, and many P/A's fear losing their jobs for not covering all the bases before you see
the PCP. Who knows?

"Shoulder impants"?....what kind of implants are you referring to, the ball for rotator
cuff? You need to briefly explain the medical history on what kind of "implants". I
wasn't aware that the VA did any type of shoulder replacement surgeries.

What documentation you have to prove that you were in Iraq, and where, for what period?
Locations of specific areas that tested for high concentrations of DU are sometimes a
matter of record. You should spend some time on the Gulf War Vets site, and check out
all their info.
http://www.gulfwarvets.com

They offer many things to help a Gulf War Vet obtain recognition and resources for their
sickness and disabilities. Take the time to check out all your options, including the
legal ones.

Lastly, you should obtain a full set of your military and medical records from the NPRC,
as this will establish a chain of events timeline, and will aid in your getting proper
care for your conditions. See my thread on that procedure in this group.

Semper Fi~

Eagle

12/20/2009 6:51:33 AM VA Health Care, Benefits, Domicile, Nursing Home, or Dental Procedures  
saesph1
Over 1,000 Posts (1,711)
Centerville, PA

I had private insurance in 2005 that paid for both full shoulder replacements. The VA says I need Knees as well. I'm red flagged with 30% on a PTSD claim. It wasn't my idea but they "gave" it to me after social security found me 100% for my joint degeneration.

The appointment was my six month appoint. I never just walk in unless I have a book I really want to finish. My old PCP retired and the new one is not a vet. I do have good relationships with the rest of the staff.

The problem is they raise my blood pressure meds so I see the flying black dots when I get up. My blood pressure rises as the week goes on. 120/81 monday to 163/91 by friday.
After resting over the weekend, the pain slacks off. I have documented this crap twice and they still want to give me meds that don't improve my quality of life. I don't want pain meds, I've got enough, I want the idiots to do my updated x-rays so they CAN SEE my condition is worsening.

I have an appointment with my PTSD nurse/shrink next month, she is very organised and can make the necessary appointments. I'm going to take it easy a couple of days before this appointment so my BP is normal.

12/24/2009 9:53:20 AM VA Health Care, Benefits, Domicile, Nursing Home, or Dental Procedures  

andhonor
Clackamas, OR

Greetings, I am sorry to say but here in the Portland Oregon area, even a 100% service connected will be unlikely to get a primary appointment within three to six months. I know because I have a couple of family members rated 100% and see the problems they have. If they go to emergency, they can count on eight hours, unless bleeding. Then, it's a patch and wait until your number comes up.

So, call your local service organization? That was also done, and he was told, the VA is nothing more then socialized medicine. If someone fifteen years younger is rater 25% and needs knee surgery, and your 100% and need the same surgery, the younger 25% gets the spot before you do. I, heard this with my own ears. The organization he belongs to is the Portland Oregon DAV. and he's on full disability, and rated total and permanent. Meaning he never is reviewed for a down grade in rating.

That's fact, and I served over twenty one years, combined active and reserve. So, this all looks nice and it's what Vets are told. But here, it's not the same world. His dependents have it much better. CHAMP VA, allows them to see any care giver they choose. And, for that, he is very thankful.

Michael in Oregon