Select your best hookup:
Local
Gay
Asian
Latin
East Europe

mixxxer hookup app

If you got via the initially date, irrespective of whether or not you clicked with your date, the rule of thumb is to stay courteous. singles in grand junction colorado ConfirmGood brings you the most recent bargains, news, and happenings in Singapore. You ve checked out our safety recommendations and now you want to know how to dive into on the net dating and get the most out of it. adam4adam om It took a while, but then it hit me she was a tiny recognized actress.

listcrawler over 40

Yet another assistance for the guys, as soon as your comfy with the girl please learn to flirt , incredibly crucial before you seal the deal. red deer singles Turns out he genuinely is an Oxford comma loving nerd. Although some interactions can be truly excellent, other individuals can be… much less so. ay papi dc By asking oneself these concerns periodically throughout the partnership, you will be self conscious of the direction of your connection and its effect on your walk with God.

Home  Sign In  Search  Date Ideas  Join  Forums  Groups

Page: 1, 2
8/21/2008 8:21:57 AM Did Christ visit Hell?  

next2u2
Mount Airy, NC

As a child, my minister (presbyterian) preached that between the crucifiction and the reserection Christ decended to hell to offer salvation to those prior to Noah, I would like some feedback on this,I offered this teaching here in Carolina and set the state on fire. if you can, offer the text that I need, pro or con. I want to do the right thing,Thanx!! I would like some discussion on this. also, did Adam and Eve have belly buttons?

8/21/2008 9:06:16 AM Did Christ visit Hell?  

charlesestr
Porterdale, GA

I've never heard of this idea, I think it's just an idea though because I don't see that in the bible.

8/21/2008 1:11:05 PM Did Christ visit Hell?  

quincy_b
Ogden, UT

18: For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:
19: By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison;
20: Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.
21: The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ:

Here you go.

8/21/2008 1:12:41 PM Did Christ visit Hell?  

sun_shine51
Shreveport, LA

I have never heard of this but there is something about it
that "someone" wrote about it below.
I have never seen it in the bible.

Did Christ Descend Into Hell?
by Lambert Dolphin

http://ldolphin.org/descend.html

8/21/2008 4:51:11 PM Did Christ visit Hell?  
girlnamedsue
Overland Park, KS

That is in the Presbyterian Apostles' Creed: "he descended into hell", but that phrase is not specifically in the bible. Some might say it is symbolic of Christ's suffering on the cross.

Sue

8/21/2008 8:14:01 PM Did Christ visit Hell?  

captpappy
Morgan City, LA

This has been discussed before with most posts having the same reaction; that this isn't biblical.

Sue is correct, and this fact may be partially responsible for the misconception and was a source of confusion for me as a young fellow.

The oldest use of the word Hell meant simply "to be buried" or "in the grave". It's our modern attachment of an old image of the fiery depths of the underworld and the dwelling of Satan (also a misconception) that has confused this idea that Jesus went to Hell for three days to do battle with Satan.

As posted in the other thread, this was about the most eye-opening quote:

Luke 23;43
42: And he said unto Jesus, Lord, remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom.
43: And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with me in paradise.

verse 42; This was one of the two other men that hung on the cross beside Jesus.

Notice that Jesus says "today ... in Paradise", not "in three days". I don't believe Jesus was lying to this other man and I doubt that Jesus would have refered to (what we think of today as) Hell as Paradise.

qouted from the paper of SunShine's link

However, the English word "hell" likewise had a wider meaning in the sixteenth and seventeenth centuries than it has now. In the AV (= KJV) of 1611 the Greek word, "hades" is translated by the word "hell" on ten out of the eleven occasions it is used. And as hell is also used to translate "Gehenna" the word hell has a wide meaning. In fact it originally signified "that which is covered over or concealed" and is etymologically related to Hohle, a cave.

-----------------
Belly buttons? does it truely matter to a Christian's faith?

[Edited 8/21/2008 8:34:35 PM]

8/21/2008 11:04:55 PM Did Christ visit Hell?  

captpappy
Morgan City, LA

Interpretations of 1 Peter 3; 18,19

An excellent example of narrowing one's view to one or two passages and interpreting without consideration to the surrounding text.

1 Peter, the entire script, is a letter written to the new teachers and followers of Christ that were in the area of Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia, and Bithynia. Nearly the entire letter (5 chapters) to these people concerned their attitude towards the ruling powers of those areas and how they conducted themselves for the sake of their teaching.

Peter tells them that “men are honored, Honor the Kings, and fear God” for them to remain law biding and to respect the policies of the lands they were in. In that way, suffering affliction for their righteousness was the same as Jesus suffered in His righteousness.

That's what 1 Peter 3;18 is saying.

Notice the use of a colon, not a semi-colon at the end of 3;18. The sentence or verse 3; 19, although follows 3; 18 is not a continuation or second or sub-statement of 3;18 but rather a statement of similar or exemplary meaning.

“By which also ...” can be be written in present English as “Similar to (when) ...” or “In the same way ...”, “By which fashion”, “Just as he also went...”. This verse does not imply that it chronologically follows the “event” of 3; 18

1 Peter 3;19 says nothing about Jesus descending into Hell, the Underworld, Hades, or anything remotely similar to that. The “eight souls” that are described as being saved are the souls of Noah, his wife, his three sons and their wives, not souls of eight sinners of Noah's time, and were saved at the time of the flood because of their faith.

There is a lot of speculation as to who Peter is referring to as “spirits in prison” but most would argue that these are NOT souls of sinners from Noah's time because that would imply that we have a second chance to accept Christ after we have died. That is contrary to other examples in the Bible.

... and yes, the people of the Old Testament that knew God DID know who Christ was and would be and knew that He would be the salvation for mankind just as we have faith today that Christ will come to Earth again.

[Edited 8/21/2008 11:24:03 PM]

8/22/2008 6:50:27 AM Did Christ visit Hell?  

mythousandwords
Clemson, SC

Depends on if you read/believe any of the apocrypha aka "Lost Books of the Bible". I distinctly remember reading what you're mentioning; However, I cannot find any mention in the Bible.

8/22/2008 7:45:13 AM Did Christ visit Hell?  

quincy_b
Ogden, UT

The oldest use of the word Hell meant simply "to be buried" or "in the grave". It's our modern attachment of an old image of the fiery depths of the underworld and the dwelling of Satan (also a misconception) that has confused this idea that Jesus went to Hell for three days to do battle with Satan.

Right on target!

8/25/2008 1:41:54 PM Did Christ visit Hell?  
royr1
Saltillo, MS

I would like to know where in the Bible these people get that idea from, and I don't care if Adam and Eve had bellybuttons or not.

[Edited 8/25/2008 1:43:32 PM]

9/2/2008 6:24:58 PM Did Christ visit Hell?  
blessedlady48
Largo, FL

HE WAS THERE FOR 3 DAYS
AND HE GOT THE KEYS FROM HADES AND HEAVEN ,,,HE HOLDS THEM ALL!...YES THATS TRUE!

9/2/2008 6:32:22 PM Did Christ visit Hell?  
blessedlady48
Largo, FL

1. Jesus went to hell with the damned--Acts 2:31 quotes David from Psalm 16:10 saying “He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that His soul was not left in HELL, neither His flesh did see corruption.”

9/2/2008 6:34:48 PM Did Christ visit Hell?  
blessedlady48
Largo, FL

MR QUINCY IF U DONT BELIEVE A REAL PLACE IS HELL u need to change churches...u are so decieved im sorry to say ....u need to really leave that church..there is a place where the fire will not be quenched
thats not god...and the worm shall not die!...and thats not god,,,plzz go study u need it!

9/2/2008 6:40:32 PM Did Christ visit Hell?  

sunnyday7
Longview, WA

Quote from blessedlady48:
MR QUINCY IF U DONT BELIEVE A REAL PLACE IS HELL u need to change churches...u are so decieved im sorry to say ....u need to really leave that church..there is a place where the fire will not be quenched
thats not god...and the worm shall not die!...and thats not god,,,plzz go study u need it!

IN the bible it talks about a LAKE OF FIRE..... we will be BURNED UP & NO MORE....

I do not think a LOVING GOD....would have us be tormented over & over again.....that would be serving GOD....via fear tactics....

1 john 1: 9

9/2/2008 6:49:44 PM Did Christ visit Hell?  
blessedlady48
Largo, FL

mr sunny its god words he will not change for anyones reasoning... here is the word of god ..and u can c for ur self
we need to get in check..hes comming back soon
and we need to be ready...holy before him..and make sure u go to bed every night repenting before sleep...just a word from the wise..in love only..

FIRE-matt7:19 13;40 25;41
EVERLASTING FIRE-matt18:8 25:41
ETERNAL DAMNATION-mark3:29
HELL FIRE-matt5:22 18:9 mark9:47
DAMNATION-matt23:14 mark 12:40 luke 20:47
DAMNATION OF HELL-matt23:33
RESURRECTION OF DAMNATION-john5:29
FURNACE OF FIRE-matt 13:42,50
THE FIRE THAT SHALL NEVER BE QUENCHED-MARK 9:43-45
FIRE IS NOT QUENCHEDMARK 9:44,46,48
WHERE THE WORM DIETH NOT-MARK 9:44,46,48
WAILING GNASHING OF TEETH-matt 8:12, 22:13