Select your best hookup:
Local
Gay
Asian
Latin
East Europe

mega personls

Full our compatibility quiz to get high quality connections primarily based on key regions of character. asian dating fort worth The function is found in the Facebook app itself. If your app has different versions for certain places, sports teams, universities, etc. how to get laid on match You have to comprehend that the dating website profiles could possibly be far away from honesty.

datehookup search not working

Coronavirus has affected how we date, and we all have different feelings about what s safe and comfortable. free dating devon A different advantage of lengthy distance on the net dating is that flirting starts in brain space, not physical space. We have quite lengthy talks about my challenges and insecurities. fetlife ireland There s a certain magic to initially dates—from selecting out the fantastic clothing to the initially time you make eye contact.

Home  Sign In  Search  Date Ideas  Join  Forums  Singles Groups

9/3/2008 5:44:15 PM organ donation.. what are your thoughts?  

niceninna
Hanceville, AL

I have a daughter that was born with kidney failure almost 20 years ago. She has had 3 transplants since 1993. The first 2 transplants were from living related donors the last was a cadiver. I had a lady to tell me face to face she didn't believe in being an organ donor, only to her kids. I was very upset that she didn't realize that if her kids needed a heart or liver she couldn't donate either one but would expect someone that had lost their life to save the life of her kid. Please let me know what your thoughts are.

9/3/2008 5:52:07 PM organ donation.. what are your thoughts?  

joy617
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (16,152)
Scottsboro, AL

I am an organ donor. I have donated blood as well. My son and ex-husband are also organ donors.

I was on the liver transplant list after a car accident Nov. 5, 2004. I am completely healed now and I did not have to go through with the liver transplant. I am thankful to God for that. I have had a blood transfusion after the accident.

My brother donated blood on a regular basis. People like him give others life!

Thank you to all blood donors and organ donors!
When you die, leave your organs on earth, heaven knows we need them here!

[Edited 9/3/2008 5:52:45 PM PST]

9/3/2008 6:16:07 PM organ donation.. what are your thoughts?  

tomfreebird
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (17,480)
Brownsboro, AL

Niceninnia, she should walk a mile in your shoes. then she would see it differently I'm sure

9/3/2008 6:25:04 PM organ donation.. what are your thoughts?  

niceninna
Hanceville, AL

Joy, I am very happy for you, You were very blessed! No one knows what it's like waiting for something to give your loved one life. My daughter was on the donor list for 2 years. The doc said it would be another 2 years before she got the kidney, a week later we got the call at 10:20 pm on New Years night. I had a hard time excepting this because her kidney was that of a 19 yr old girl. I had a daughter the same age. She had been tested to donate but couldn't. it was very hard but i finally realized it was Gods gift and was meant to be.

9/3/2008 6:28:23 PM organ donation.. what are your thoughts?  
loveless19544
Over 1,000 Posts (1,233)
Sulligent, AL

Im an organ donor. Im leaving everything thats useful to someone who needs it. My kids didnt like it much but they'll get over it.

9/3/2008 6:54:49 PM organ donation.. what are your thoughts?  
bamabob
Over 4,000 Posts! (7,106)
Crane Hill, AL

I've always had mixed emotions about it. I've heard all kinds of philosophy and discussions about the ethics of organ transplants. I know that if I were lucky enough to have a wife who I loved then with all of my heart I would want to do anything to keep her alive and in good health...same as for my children or anyone I am close to. It would be unfair for me not to be an organ donor but at the moment I have not made that decision.

9/3/2008 7:03:44 PM organ donation.. what are your thoughts?  

marktheeighth
Arab, AL

Same here, my DL has carried the Organ Donor designation since 1974.

9/3/2008 7:20:03 PM organ donation.. what are your thoughts?  
care4afrien
Over 1,000 Posts (1,926)
Cullman, AL

Organ donor here, and all my children are organ donors. My sister died rather suddenly this Christmas will be 3 years. She was a organ donor, and after 2 years we have met 3 people that received organs from her. That was her wish, and I wish you could have seen the people that received the heart, both eyes, and a liver. Why be so selfish with something that we will no longer need

9/3/2008 7:35:38 PM organ donation.. what are your thoughts?  

niceninna
Hanceville, AL

care4...how did make you feel to see these people that were alive because of your sister? Did the recipient families send you "Thank you" cards and how did it come to a meeting with them? My family has a connection with the donor through other family members. I know we aren't suppose to know anything about them but the info just fell in my lap. I wondered who and where the donor was from but the timing and everything pointed to her. I was kind of obcessed with it for a while.

9/4/2008 3:37:22 AM organ donation.. what are your thoughts?  
bamablonde57
Hartselle, AL

I'm a organ donor too....Why not leave something of yourself to others that could live a longer life...It's your soul that goes to heaven not your body..It would be a waste not to give to others in need of an organ to live so they can go on and see their children, grandchildren grow up or find that true love and get married and live happily ever after because they we're given a second chance to live .

9/4/2008 4:15:23 AM organ donation.. what are your thoughts?  

heathepwatyawho
Cullman, AL

I had them mark my license as an organ donor. I figure I won't be needing them anymore when I'm dead. They might not want my liver though LOL.

9/4/2008 7:09:52 AM organ donation.. what are your thoughts?  
fairie76
Huntsville, AL

I noticed that a lot of you reference leaving your organs AFTER you die. I have my driver's license marked to donate my organs as well. I donate blood on a regular basis too. There is so much more than one can give of themselves while still alive. I am registered on the bone marrow donor list to donate bone marrow should I match some that needs a transplant. You can also do live organ donations. You can donate one of your kidneys while you are alive. There is little risk in living with just one kidney because the remaining kidney compensates and will do the work for the other one. You can donate a segment of your liver because it has the ability to regenerate and regain full function after the donation.
There are normally 5 lung lobes and you can donate a lobe of your lung to someone in need of a lung transplant. The lung lobe does not regenerate, but the remaining lung tissue expands to fill the donated area. You can also donate a portion of your pancreas and will usually have no problems with reduced function. I understand most people's hesitations to donate to someone they don't know, but I feel that a live donation is the ultimate gift. To me there would be an overwhelming satisfaction of giving life to another human being who would otherwise have a very poor quality of life or even die while waiting for a transplant.

9/4/2008 9:13:19 AM organ donation.. what are your thoughts?  
coppermare
Over 4,000 Posts! (5,800)
Grady, AL

I am an organ donor.
1. I won't know what happens after I'm gone so what does it matter?
2. I'd like my last act to be unselfish. If someone else can use what I won't be needing all the better. (if it's still usable when I get finished) LOL

My mother hates the fact I chose to be an organ donor. Her thoughts: You should leave here with what God sent you here with.
My answer. God says ashes to ashes, dust to dust. He's only interested in my soul! My body is nothing but a vessel while here on this journey.

Hahaha I find it funny that all her life she's preached about not wasting stuff. And here in the end she'll waste perfectly good organs someone else coulda used.

9/4/2008 10:04:54 AM organ donation.. what are your thoughts?  

joy617
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (16,152)
Scottsboro, AL

Bamablonde and Coppermare: I totally agree.

Perry (heathepw): believe it or not but the medical research team will use your liver to study. Any organs they can not use are not wasted. Research uses them for medical students to study to improve the medical field. To find cures for cancer and other diseases.

My son, Matt came home from high school one day and blurted out, "I want to be an organ donor when I die, Mom." I was shocked and replied, "No, Son! I could never do that." He said, "Mom, one day after I die someone could knock on your door and say to you, 'Look into my eyes, these are the eyes of your Son. His donation gave me sight so I could see my daughter's face and see how pretty she looks dressed for the prom. I can now watch my son play ball.' I was blind but your Son gave me sight by his donation. Don't be selfish, Mom this is my decision."

I stood there speechless, tears streaming down my face. I thought, 'My baby, my only living child used as a 'medical experiment'. I think NOT! Over my dead body!'

I thought of this all afternoon while his friends played ball in the back yard. I stood in the kitchen window praying and crying. "God please, don't ever let anything happen to my baby. You have three of my children in heaven. I could not stand you taking the ONE you allowed me to keep."

I tried to imagine someone knocking at the door perhaps three years later and me being able to look into their eyes and seeing my Son looking back at me. I started to feel peace about it. I spoke to my regular doctor and got information from him and found out the procedure that takes place upon death. (organ harvesting) I watched a video and was educated to see that it was not something "horrible or degrading to my childs body after death".

My husband and I went to the local hospital and filled out papers to say we wanted to be organ donors. (Ask for an Organ Donor Form or Living Will) We all have it on our license and if there ever is a day when my only child leaves this world, perhaps I'll open my door to a stranger and look at the eyes of my Son once again. Think about it!

Jan

9/4/2008 10:37:51 AM organ donation.. what are your thoughts?  

libilu
Winfield, AL

I am an organ donor and so are my two sons, my sister and my two brothers. I am also on the live organ donation list. I have never been called but am willing to give if it can give someone else life.
I gave blood for many years and since I have a rare blood type A- I have been called to give on several occasions besides the regular blood drive at work. About 10 years ago I became unable to give anymore but still would if they would take it. When I was a child, my father was about the only person in our small town with this type blood who would give so he was called on quite often. His unselfish giving influenced his children.
My granddaugher has long beautiful red hair. She loves her hair but after I talked to her about kids with cancer losing their hair she had 10 inches cut to give.
To anyone out there, if you are not giving blood and not on a donation list, go do it today. It will make you feel good about yourself.