Select your best hookup:
Local
Gay
Asian
Latin
East Europe

what replaced craigslist for hookups

Hi, I too have tried OkCupid and was also sadly disappointed that the app did not appear to be that accessible. i wanta classifieds augusta SilverSingles has been about for 17 years and is a single of the oldest dating apps for persons over 50. If it have been then they would not have to have assistance in the initially location. omegle london As a guy, I can say that showing off your wealth will turn off some girls in a large way, some of the girls in the working environment are earning fantastic salary and they can get their issues on their own.

skipthegames com

HER is 1 of the most well known lesbian dating apps, and it s created to be an inclusive space for all bi, trans, lesbian, non binary, and queer girls. naples dating service Folks are judged on how they look, how they talk, what they ve done, what they ve not completed Recall to focus on what you have and what you ve performed, not what you lack and what has passed you by. I was scrolling via TikTok when the app recommended I click on Sarah s account. how do i reopen my eharmony account We have been introduced by his roommate and we were each immediately drawn to every single other.

Home  Sign In  Search  Date Ideas  Join  Forums  Groups

9/8/2008 6:02:04 AM A couple questions from an idiot  

vet61
Over 1,000 Posts (1,709)
Farmington, IL

First, is it better to leave your computer on all the time, or should it be shut off when you are not using it? Back in '92, when Dad retired, we got him a 386. He only turned it on when he was using it. The hard drive burned out within 2 years. He took it in to be fixed and they told him that constant booting caused this.
Second, Why is it, that the longer my computer is on, the slower it gets? I have dial up, so I notice ANY slow down. Thanks!!
Mike

9/8/2008 10:10:31 AM A couple questions from an idiot  

vet61
Over 1,000 Posts (1,709)
Farmington, IL

Thanks Ann, but he didn't have internet. He just played games. (From disc) On mine, I have to re-boot every hour or so, because it gets SO slow.

9/8/2008 6:06:12 PM A couple questions from an idiot  

pennell23101
Over 1,000 Posts (1,615)
Vine Grove, KY

i leave my computer on all the time. i have my power management set to put it in standby and shut down the hard drives after awhile. thinkof it like this: what do i want to wear and tear? if you leave it on, moving parts keep moving which causes wear to them. if you shut it off and turn it on, everything gets an electrical sag and surge. also your hard drive has a minute where it is constantly accessed to find all the necessary files. i dont think either is "good" for the computer, its just which parts do you prefer to wear and tear.
the problem with your computer slowing down the longer that it is could do with a few things: paging issues, amount of programs running (whether they are healthy or non healthy programs) or even cooling. try limiting the number of programs running at all times and see if that helps. also, take off your side panel and see how dusty the inside of the computer is.

9/8/2008 7:00:34 PM A couple questions from an idiot  

coppermare
Over 4,000 Posts! (4,479)
Grady, AL

I'm no computer tech but I have ask this. The answer I got was that leaving it on leaves it at a certian temp. No moisture build up. As for slow, have you deleted cookies and history? I know that somehow add ons are the new deal to me, where they come from I'm not sure, still trying to learn that and if they slow one down. When you open task manager and click on processes there sure seems to be a lot more than use to be!!!

9/8/2008 7:06:19 PM A couple questions from an idiot  

pennell23101
Over 1,000 Posts (1,615)
Vine Grove, KY

there is alot moer running in the background nowadays than there used to be, therefore more processes. as to cookies, its just a little thing wrote that syas you have been to a website. they are non harmful, but can be used for things like target marketing.

9/9/2008 9:05:48 AM A couple questions from an idiot  
eborac
Lakeland, GA

Download free programs that will kill mallware and all the junk that likes to sneak in with surfing.

SpyBot SD and Adaware are both free and do a good job. If you are only on dial up and want copies then look for a computer magazine that has a "free" cd on it, they often include these programs on it (example: MaximumPC).

The other big thing to remember about downloading things from the net, that little box that says "you agree" etc - actually read the EULA that is with it to see what you realy are adding, also all those little check boxes with add this tool bar, add this improvement program, make us your home page etc - most come with a cost - a cost in the speed of your system.

9/9/2008 11:29:08 AM A couple questions from an idiot  

lostsoul1983
Kearneysville, WV

my computer(s) run constantly,my hp at work has been on for 3 years nonstop,we naver have power loss at the farm because the generators. my pc as home runs 24/7. my main pc has 3 harddrives,dual core processor,ati graphics and sound cards,dvd player/burner/cdburners.

2 operating systems,running no firewalls or antivirus...but i am running linux on all pcs'.

maybe its just a problme for windows users? mine never lags except when my connection gets bogged with the otehr 4 pcs in teh house online at once..

9/9/2008 12:03:21 PM A couple questions from an idiot  

lostsoul1983
Kearneysville, WV

a ubuntu rep from connical told me that linux is secure. there is no known viruses that are able to attack a linux os. seeing as its ever evolving. i do have a virus scanner i have ran a few times and allways comes up clean.....so untill linux goes main stream and the hacks get smart enough to write viruses ill keep things as they are lol

9/9/2008 12:15:28 PM A couple questions from an idiot  

lostsoul1983
Kearneysville, WV

and what makes u a expert on this? your ability to use google?

all im saying is 4 years ive been using linux i have not had one single attack...how manny windows users can say that??? not too many i would assume

9/9/2008 5:37:57 PM A couple questions from an idiot  

pennell23101
Over 1,000 Posts (1,615)
Vine Grove, KY

yes it is possible to get infections on linux (just highly unlikely). and if you do they dont spread like windows cause of the whole dll issue. there is 2 main reasons linux "dont get infected": not enough people use it to make it worth it and it does not do as much damage to the o.s. i p[ersonally run ubuntu and xp and aint had a problem with either. i do prefer the ubuntu 10fold.

9/11/2008 12:12:06 PM A couple questions from an idiot  
jamis0n
Willow Spring, NC

Quote from anninparadise:
Even though you haven't had any problems YET, you should power down your computer
when you're not using it..
There;s always that FIRST Time..

There are two schools of thought on powering off your PC. They're both equally correct.

1. Leave it on - Everything keeps running, and mechanical parts wear out sooner.

2. Turn it off - You shock every component when you power it up. Thermal contraction and expansion stresses the components.

For me, it really boils down to this. Do you want to pay for the electricity? It's like a new car in some ways. Even if you're really easy on it, things can still break because they weren't up to par to begin with.

For those of you running Vista who are concerned about this issue: Back up your data! Vista beats the crap out of your hard drive. That's a whole lot worse than the leave it on/turn it off issue.

9/11/2008 9:36:56 PM A couple questions from an idiot  

deputyguy
Upper Sandusky, OH

Surfing the internet, or getting the WORSE malware available at this time can not and will not destroy hardware (HDD). So that is not what caused this.
It will nto hard your computer to leave it on all the time... it is best if you do *NOT* leave it off for long periods of time though. The grease in the berrings can solidify. The longer your computer is on the slower it gets becasue you would be using more memory, depending on what your doing. If you arent doing anything on it and it is slower, check any threads for memory leaks.

Hope this helps.

9/11/2008 9:42:51 PM A couple questions from an idiot  

deputyguy
Upper Sandusky, OH

Well unless you do this for a living and know for sure what you're talking about
you shouldn't be giving advise based upon your own personal feelings..
It gives people wrong information that could render their machines inoperable..
I've been doing this for 10 years..
Electricity bills are important yes, but leaving your computer on non stop
is NOT good for your machine.. Ask your manufacturer..............

Im sorry in advance to all that get offended.. I usually dont flame but..

You are getitng on these people for not knowing about computers?! Obviously if she is running linux they know at least more than the average user. All I have heard you say is no your wrong, or antivirus and firewall!! What the heck? Because you know this does not make you anywheer near an expert and you sure as heck arent impressing me. Did you even ask if these people are behind a router? A hardware firewall beats a software firewall anyday. If you relly did do computer security for 10 years or whatever, I feel horrible for your clients. ANyone can walk around barking what your barking (some of which is incorrect).

To all others... have a nice day

9/12/2008 11:20:36 AM A couple questions from an idiot  

deputyguy
Upper Sandusky, OH

Dont defend yourself, just bash my spelling after 12 hours of work and tired. You win.

9/13/2008 2:27:20 PM A couple questions from an idiot  
jamis0n
Willow Spring, NC

Well unless you do this for a living and know for sure what you're talking about
you shouldn't be giving advise based upon your own personal feelings..
It gives people wrong information that could render their machines inoperable..
I've been doing this for 10 years..
Electricity bills are important yes, but leaving your computer on non stop
is NOT good for your machine.. Ask your manufacturer..............

Considering you posted this about 8.5 minutes after I posted my comment, I'm going to assume this is directed at me.

Considering you can only see the one way you see this, and you NEED everyone to do exactly what your personal opinion dictates. I'm going to call BS on your skills. You haven't been doing this for 10 years. Or you haven't had much experience in those 10 years.

Do I feel the need to tell everybody what to do? No. Do I need to spout my credentials? Not really. Any reasonably intelligent person will be able to tell my abilities by my posts. I could be lying about my credentials. Others will chime in with their two cents, and the forum as a whole will either validate my opinion, or it will do the opposite, and I myself, will learn something. Forums are for learning and sharing. Not to tell everyone what YOU think they should do, based on your personal opinion.

In my own experience, I leave my machines on, all the time. I've got users who do the same, I've also got users who turn them off every single night. To tell you the truth, it's my very non scientific belief that it's better to leave it on. Just from what I've seen. If you have an IBM, I'd definitely leave it on, unless it's a laptop.

I'm curious as to which manufacturers say to turn it off when it's not in use. Are they saying that to be green? I can't check with MY manufacturer because I build my own, to my specs. Oh, and it's cheaper. Well, sometimes not, sometimes it's the same price, I just get a WAY better machine for my money.

Which is better? 1. (pick your favorite) Software based firewall directly on the internet OR 2. A router using NAT with uPNP enabled and no software firewall.

Not trying to be rude...