Select your best hookup:
Local
Gay
Asian
Latin
East Europe

mega personal sign up

Steer clear of polarizing topics like politics and religion, at least on the very first couple of dates. jewish singles of the valley These queries are worded in a way that sound playful and exciting but the way he answers them will give you a lot of information. His roommate was sitting on the couch in a beat up poncho, drinking coffee. quito ecuador dating Discover much more about how to attract higher excellent men here.

massage listcrawler

Dating website eHarmony is functioning on an AI function that prompts men and women to meet up immediately after they have been chatting for a even though. quad cities dating sites They would mistreat me, emotionally manipulate me, from time to time get in touch with me names when we re fighting and one particular of them even went as far as to hit me. Now in my adulthood, I look at monetary literacy as a ability that will have to be practiced. nasty sexy memes You may perhaps have been chatting on line awhile with your new crush, on the other hand, they re nevertheless a stranger till you meet in actual life.

Home  Sign In  Search  Date Ideas  Join  Forums  Groups

9/12/2008 1:56:04 AM RE: If you could moderate the forums would you?  
kenb5b01
Northport, WA

An idea that might eliminate most if not all the potential abuse issues of a user based moderation system and should be easier to implement:

1.) Add a Flag counter in the description bar of each thread. When a post is flagged it shows in the thread title.

2.) Configure to allow the OP of a topic to Lock the topic for review by a moderator as soon as they have a chance.

3.) Configure to Lock a thread after a certain number of unique flags. So if 1 member repeatedly flags a post then it is easy to identify as abuse, but if 10 or 20 members flag a post or posts in a thread it is locked until a moderator has the chance to review it.

4.) Restrict a member who has been flagged enough to Lock a thread from excessive posting.

5.) Suspension of any member who creates a thread to replace one which is Locked

Pros: This would facilitate the desired effect without potential group/power struggles erupting.
In conjunction with the Block function it gives the member base more ability to maintain discussions without negating the opinions or ideas of any minority and assists moderators in identifying threads where trouble or conflicts occur, which would theoretically require less time for moderators to keep the garbage cleaned up.
This would also assist moderators in quickly identifying members who post offensive, inappropriate or abusive posts.
During weekends when most members know there is no moderators, topics could be Locked if trouble makers engage.

I see only 2 potential issues to resolve:

1.) Reconfiguring the scripts to redirect to the counter instead of the moderators.

2.) Configuring the Lock feature.

9/12/2008 2:06:14 AM RE: If you could moderate the forums would you?  

bjk123
Layton, UT

This is a very sensible solution to the problem. I don't care for moderation as I think we should all be adults, but it is an effective way to flag some of the more hateful people and keep the weekends from being an all out war between different personalities. JMO

9/12/2008 2:49:01 AM RE: If you could moderate the forums would you?  

crabberman
Wilmington, DE

sounds like someone has been researching web sites and how to get around things.Probably to work in his favor.

9/12/2008 3:19:54 AM RE: If you could moderate the forums would you?  
kenb5b01
Northport, WA

Quote from crabberman:
sounds like someone has been researching web sites and how to get around things.Probably to work in his favor.

Actually my research comes from years of creating and hosting sites and running a few discussion forums over the years.

Dustin asked for brain-storming. Well here is an idea.

Personally I prefer it greatly over the proposal of members or groups of members deleting threads and/or posts and the potential of silencing the opinions of even a single individual.

BTW: Here is a novel example of the proposed "member moderator" idea.
Hypothetically lets say: There are 89 people on my friends list.
I started this topic and have a desired result of the discussion but I disagree with your opinions so I block you and ask all my friends to vote and have your post removed because it potentially interferes with the direction I want the discussion to go.

I'm sorry but that idea completely undermines the concept of a discussion forum.

I much prefer the idea of simply locking a thread down and allowing a unbiased moderator to determine if the posts are to be deleted based on violation of the rules rather than bias of opinions between members.

[Edited 9/12/2008 3:21:25 AM]

9/12/2008 8:15:52 AM RE: If you could moderate the forums would you?  

luvinlifetou2
Biddeford, ME

Quote from crabberman:

Good to see you are unbiased to new opinions...this is a suggestion site, if you have nothing to offer but criticism, I see no need for your post.

Very good example, though, thank you!!!!!!!!!!

Okay...
I see a couple problems with this.

What are the RULES for unacceptable posts?
I mean, REALLY?

More specific rules about posting...insulting, inflammatory, derogatory posts. Obvious hate crime post....which includes anything nasty against any and all races, religions, creeds, colors and sexual orientations, obvious posts against any group should be disallowed and negated. End of story. If its a post in sex and dating about homosexual men debating the pros and cons of sex with toys? Well..I might not like it..but it belongs there..and I dont have to look at it if I dont like it. Someone getting on their high horse and saying...Eeeeewwww..Well..DONT LOOK!
Not the same as unacceptable post.
HOW DO WE DIFFERENTIATE?

Who decides what is unacceptable or not? The moderator in a bad mood? Or the person going by a specific set of rules?
Dustin, how could you set that for us so we feel safe and unabused?

Finally...proof of allegations. You have a complaint? FLAG IT...obvious attempts to make someone look bad, just because you dont like them? Come on. So the point is that showing the flags, will show that someone has a problem...then the moderator can look and (hopefully without bias) decide that this is a warranted flag or not...for now? the flags..just cuz they dislike the poster...and they flag for no reason...except disliking someone, are just a pain in the butt..letting groups with a crusade? Cause drama. Thats not helpful. Or, again..making accusations against someones character and making personal accusations without any proof? Come on.

Finally...Posting anyones personal information should be absolutely prohibited, and result in immediate and final suspension.

JMO...and yes...I am biased on that last one...but I felt that way when it happened to someone else, not just now that its happened and is still happening to me.

Just a few concerns that I think would need to be addressed before members are given the right to flag threads. Without rules to follow...the cliques and fake profiles could rule by gathering their troops just to shut up anyone who disagrees...

OOOPS...isnt that exactly what we are being accused of?
Sorry...had to throw that in....
the gossip and rumor mongers are having SUCH fun these days...

Arent they hon?

Luvin

[Edited 9/12/2008 8:28:01 AM]

9/12/2008 8:44:57 AM RE: If you could moderate the forums would you?  

crabberman
Wilmington, DE

posting personal info I agree is very low..no matter who posts or whos bad info

as in posting someones personal emails...thats a very bad uncouth thing to do..should be banned from the Earth

seems to this poster that the OP here is vying for the moderator job,,which already to me seems like a bad idea,seeing that the OP and, I take it his girlhave a few members that they dont like or vice versa,and that this whole subject of a moderator would just be cause for blocking and getting unwanted or unfreindly members suspended or deleted off.

If each forum had its own moderator..or a few different moderators any given day,being an employeee of DateHookUp,using thier own judgement based on the standing rules that are in place already..then it would work.Having a member who also posts and starts threads..it would never work and be the downfall of the forums.

I saw a thread about an individual IGNORE button..which would work more efficiantly to each individual member.

This is a FREE site.Anyone over the age of 18 I believe can become a member.So therefore it can be considered a public site,which makes the forums public also.To be able to control someone's thoughts and ideas because they do not agree with you,is a little unconstitutional.If you want to just block them because they bother you,then the individual IGNORE button is the way to go here.Your not forcing your opinions or ideas on anyone else.

In closing my thoughts and ideas here,maybe the owner/s of the site should just start keeping a better eye on who are the real trouble makers here,instead of taking a few days off and then start deleting members who get dragged into things.

Why are they even asking our opinions..they dont ask my opinion if I think anyone should be suspended do they..or how long a new member should have to post or wink at someone..or how long a member has to be able to post a video.If the owners of the site arent going to get input from the members on all the rules and regulations..dont start now on this subject..its only going to lead to more trouble.

9/12/2008 9:40:27 AM RE: If you could moderate the forums would you?  
kenb5b01
Northport, WA

Nothing in the suggestion would lesson an individuals ability to express them self freely. In fact the suggestion is to avoid having the ideas and opinions of individuals restricted or removed by sheer numbers. Even if 1000 members flagged to post the only accomplishment would be to Lock the thread until it can be reviewed by an impartial moderator who should only consider whether or not the post violates DH rules and either delete the post or open the topic, depending on circumstances.

The idea in no way suggests any configuration that allows members to delete posts. The idea actually is an alternative to Dustin's proposed idea of doing exactly that; allowing members to vote on threads and posts to determine if they get deleted.

As for the remark about me stroking for a moderator position? I would make a poor choice as moderator on DH. There would be a mass exodus in the first week of fakes, game players and trouble makers because I DO know who many of them are. Besides, I spend far too much time suspended to qualify.

9/12/2008 12:15:25 PM RE: If you could moderate the forums would you?  

crabberman
Wilmington, DE

sorry Tommy....I would flag certain members even if I knew they were about to put thier fingers on a keyboard.Some people,I see,cause trouble just in the way they post..and where they post.They know what they are doing...slyly adding crude remarks about people.They look for trouble and trouble finds them.Until DHU rids the site of members like that...it will continue to go down hill.Unfortunatly..that cannot happen..so I think,in the short time I have been here,this site may be on the verge of like most other sites..going downhill.I hope it doesnt happen.