Select your best hookup:
Local
Gay
Asian
Latin
East Europe

skip the games

No answer to this question should really be a deal breaker it s just good to know what boosts and what sabotages your date s power levels. gay matchmakers houston In a report, 48% of dating app users say that they use these apps for fun, above anything else. Just after reading that, you want to know what the truth is, right? Use the exact same strategy when writing your profile. miami ts list crawler The list of 1st date concerns beneath can aid you and your date get to know every single other well enough to know whether or not a second date would be additional entertaining than meals poisoning.

local hookup

I want to please him and make him pleased. burlington iowa dating sites I don t want that, Max says. I struggle being in a job, friendship, circumstances, etc. easiest site to get laid Never ever just recommend meeting for drinks doing that will torpedo your possibilities of results.

Home  Sign In  Search  Date Ideas  Join  Forums  Groups

10/13/2008 10:42:33 AM Do Ya Think This Can Work? Is It Worth A Try?  

knittinkitten
Lady Lake, FL

I received another Email today and it gave me something to think about. The author is unknown, but quite insightful, don't ya think? I think the wisdom in it can apply to some people on these dating sites....I post it here so that anyone who wishes to read it may.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
One day I hopped in a taxi and we took off for the airport. We were driving in the right lane when suddenly a black car jumped out of a parking space right in front of us. My taxi driver slammed on his brakes, skidded, and missed the other car by just inches! The driver of the other car whipped his head around and started yelling at us. My taxi driver just smiled and waved at the guy. And I mean he was really friendly. So I asked, 'Why did you just do that? This guy almost ruined your car and sent us to the hospital!' This is when my taxi driver taught me what I now call, 'The Law of the Garbage Truck.'

He explained that many people are like garbage trucks. They run around full of garbage, full of frustration, full of anger, and full of disappointment. As their garbage piles up, they need a place to dump it and sometimes they'll dump it on you. Don't take it p ersonally.

Just smile, wave, wish them well, and move on. Don't take their garbage and spread it to other people at work, at home, or on the streets.

The bottom line is that successful people do not let garbage trucks take over their day. Life's too short to wake up in the morning with regrets, so...Love the people who treat you right. Smile and wave at the ones who don't.

Life is ten percent what you make it and ninety percent how you take it!

KK

10/13/2008 11:28:59 AM Do Ya Think This Can Work? Is It Worth A Try?  

beanz991
Houston, TX

Problem with letting the garbage truck people have their way is that they then continue to offload on others.

Standing your ground is more important than waving them on to go on their way thinking 'wow, I told him!...I'll have to continue this attitude it works'

(That is 100% made up story though, you know that right?)

[Edited 10/13/2008 11:36:23 AM]

10/13/2008 12:55:36 PM Do Ya Think This Can Work? Is It Worth A Try?  
arkansasnman
Fayetteville, AR

Quote from beanz991:
(That is 100% made up story though, you know that right?)

They can't put stuff on the internet if it's not true.

10/13/2008 1:05:43 PM Do Ya Think This Can Work? Is It Worth A Try?  

bryneyes174
Loves Park, IL

Nice post, thank you!

10/13/2008 5:34:18 PM Do Ya Think This Can Work? Is It Worth A Try?  

knittinkitten
Lady Lake, FL

beanz, as always there are two different ways to see it. I actually have no idea whatsoever if it's a made up story or not. I didn't feel it was worth researching, because it was the theory behind it that interested me.

I have no pressing need to be "right", or for others to know I am right. I would rather expend my energies in positive directions...including those which allow me to maintain my health and well-being. Ranting and raving and (like some on these singles sites) being thrown in jail for spouting out their garbage - and, not even in a respectful manner, does not seem to work. So, I'm sticking with the percentages I'm holding and continuing on with my life....I personally LIKE the theory....the story is not important.

Just my thoughts,

KK

If I'm going to let anything take over my day, it'll be housework and running errands,
doctors' appointments, college classes, Red Hat Society meetings, Current Events Club, Bible Study, computer time and, oh yes, dating.....Now, SOME of it is truly garbage...and I deliver that to the dumpster in my golf cart!

10/13/2008 5:41:22 PM Do Ya Think This Can Work? Is It Worth A Try?  

mandywwings
Downsville, LA

Nice post. I really enjoyed reading it.

10/13/2008 5:45:04 PM Do Ya Think This Can Work? Is It Worth A Try?  

mizp
San Jose, CA

True or not, doesn't matter. Love the theory. I don't know why people have to spend soooo much time and energy being angry about things that don't matter. If we used all those resources for something productive, what could we accomplish?
I was taking my daughter to a sports camp thing. A guy cut right in front of me and took my spot. I swear he didn't even see me. I kind of kept my eye on him. He ran to the field and coached patiently the littlest and worst team on the league. Maybe those people who piss us off are just human too. JMO

10/13/2008 6:20:32 PM Do Ya Think This Can Work? Is It Worth A Try?  

knittinkitten
Lady Lake, FL

Isn't it wonderful what ya can learn when ya just step back a bit and really take a look at things...You've made my day, girl...you GOT my point...Thanks for your post.

Fondly,
KK

10/13/2008 6:35:56 PM Do Ya Think This Can Work? Is It Worth A Try?  

liatris
Fairfield, CT

Hey, my kids think I am nuts but I always tell them when someone pisses my off
"Now, smile and wave"

We always have a great laugh over this

10/13/2008 6:49:14 PM Do Ya Think This Can Work? Is It Worth A Try?  

knittinkitten
Lady Lake, FL

Good concept for them to learn....I used to live right around the corner from you....Trumbull...right near the Trumbull Mall...Lovely area, but, too cold for me in the wintertime.

Now it's too hot down here in the summertime...gotta figure out how to spend more summertime in Ct.

KK

10/13/2008 8:47:58 PM Do Ya Think This Can Work? Is It Worth A Try?  

lynx64
Reedsburg, WI

I thought it was a really cool story & I totally understood the meaning/point of it. Thank you for sharing it with us.