Select your best hookup:
Local
Gay
Asian
Latin
East Europe

megapersonnels

Signing up on the Coffee Meets Bagel is an simple affair. garden dating Leave the ideal stuff for the phone get in touch with and the eventual date. Utilizing a condom or other barrier technique is crucial, even if you and your companion are each HIV constructive. san diego bedpage There is a free account choice or a monthly membership for $29.

sites like megapersonals

We have the greatest chemistry, but our personalities can be quite various. nelson bc singles Books tend to be particularly personal, and being aware of what genres they like and what stories moved them can give you a deep insight into who they are. Nonetheless, there s something that does not seem quite correct Yes, attending your RESEA appointment counts as 1 of the two weekly essential function search activities, which is expected to receive weekly unemployment added benefits. doublelist sacramento This can assistance to lessen the blow if you feel the individual will be seriously disappointed.

Home  Sign In  Search  Date Ideas  Join  Forums  Groups

11/30/2008 10:44:22 AM How important should a like religion be to a relationship?!  

motownboi
Nashville, TN

I don't believe in heaven or hell. To me, there just story book ideas invented long ago to bring fear to people and instill morals. That's me though. Of course, personally, i don't think I would enjoy being in a relationship where my partner is of an opposite stance on religion. As unfortunate and shallow as it may sound, even having a common taste in music is a prerequisite for me.

So what does the rest of Datehookup think?

Post it!! Let's hear it people.

11/30/2008 10:58:31 AM How important should a like religion be to a relationship?!  

dance4ever
Hartford, WI

Hi Motown,

Well, I think there is basically an ENTIRE SECTION here on datehookup devoted to religion where a lot of bickering goes back and forth with no resolution. I used to post there, but gave up as it was just not encouraging, and futile seeing the same arguments, spun but using different topics and one side having their opinions while the other has theirs without any resolution or a whole lot of understanding.

I imagine that can happen in relationships too.

I became a believer in Jesus about three years into my marriage and my husband was not. I was still nuts about him, however it caused some distance between us (not intentially, though). On my end it wasn't what broke up the relationship.

I have dated men that do not believe as I do. And while I like a couple of them, one so very much in particular (he passed away), I am not sure that in the long run it would have been good. For me once I became a believer there was no going back. I have had periods of not following as closely, as do I others, perhaps, but I tend to always drift back because my beliefs are deep in my heart.

So, I would agree to try and find like-minded individuals for a meaningful, lasting relationship.

And MUSIC! I LOVE music and love to dance. Any potential partner would have to love music. I like quite a variety. Plus he would not have to love to dance, but like that I do. mmm dancing for someone is fun too. *smile*

Good topic.

K

11/30/2008 11:04:39 AM How important should a like religion be to a relationship?!  

tryagaindj68
Evansville, IN

If you feel it's very important for someone to share your religious beliefs, then it might be better for you to only date people who share your beliefs, rather than trying to force your beliefs on someone.

Most of us don't want someone to change us. We're not babies!

11/30/2008 11:05:13 AM How important should a like religion be to a relationship?!  

texas_okie
Laverne, OK

I am personally religeous, but it wouldnt be a requirement for
me, for her to be of like faith, or to have faith at all. I wouldnt
even push, or bring it up to them after knowing what their beliefs were...
To each their own...

[Edited 11/30/2008 11:06:30 AM]

11/30/2008 11:06:51 AM How important should a like religion be to a relationship?!  

lust4love
Over 4,000 Posts! (5,575)
Atco, NJ

I agree with the OP .Religion is always deal breaker.I wish it didnt matter as much as it does.It doesnt matter to me but lots of women here think it does.

11/30/2008 11:15:21 AM How important should a like religion be to a relationship?!  

fallnstar
Over 2,000 Posts (2,420)
Miami, FL

You need to go to the Religion Forum... That is what I think.

And, You can believe what ever you want, just like I can, and do.
I also think you want to start problems here . JMO

Have a nice day Dh'ers.

11/30/2008 11:19:42 AM How important should a like religion be to a relationship?!  

magtag
Over 1,000 Posts (1,629)
East York, ON

I don't think that this has to be in the Religion forum, it does apply to dating as well.

There was a thread along these lines a couple of days ago, so I'm just going to paste my reply to that one here as it still applies.

DOES RELIGION make a difference ? flag post: (wrong forum | inappropriate) quote reply

magtag

East York, ON

view: posts | threads

Personally, I don't believe in religion at all and do not subscribe to one. I do believe in God, just not that God has to be attached to some specific religion.

My ex is Catholic, however, was not (and still is not) practicing. When we discussed marriage, obviously it wasn't going to be at his church because I was not willing to become Catholic. We were not married in a church at all and chose to be married on a schooner. We chose a minister that was a friend to my exes family for years that agreed to the kind of ceremony we wanted. Prior to the marriage we discussed children and how they would be raised. We agreed that there would be no "religion" for our child(ren) and that they could choose thier own if they so desired at some point in thier life.

My son has been taught about God and religion and is quite spiritual. At this point (nearly 13 years old) he has not attached himself to any religion and I doubt he ever will, but he also believes in God and what God stands for.

As to your original question, I would not let a person's faith keep me from a perfect match. However, if that person were insistent on my converting to their religion (or any other), they would not BE the perfect match for me. Accept me for my beliefs and I will accept you for yours. To me, these things should be known and discussed long before any kind of long-term relationship happens.

11/30/2008 11:21:25 AM How important should a like religion be to a relationship?!  
usakindatheart
Over 2,000 Posts (3,333)
Overton, TX

doesn't matter unless you are looking specifically for longterm, then it would come up.
if you are the kind that practice religious tolerance... then it should never be an issue.

I don't believe in heaven or hell. To me, there just story book ideas invented long ago to bring fear to people and instill morals. That's me though. Of course, personally, i don't think I would enjoy being in a relationship where my partner is of an opposite stance on religion. As unfortunate and shallow as it may sound, even having a common taste in music is a prerequisite for me.

So what does the rest of Datehookup think?

Post it!! Let's hear it people.

motown, there are alot of athiest women with your views. just do an advance search in your area on dh, and click on athiest and then search...

good luck...

[Edited 11/30/2008 11:24:57 AM]

11/30/2008 11:25:44 AM How important should a like religion be to a relationship?!  

motownboi
Nashville, TN

[Edited 11/30/2008 11:27:12 AM]

11/30/2008 11:27:35 AM How important should a like religion be to a relationship?!  

texas_okie
Laverne, OK

Quote from fallnstar:
You need to go to the Religion Forum... That is what I think.

And, You can believe what ever you want, just like I can, and do.
I also think you want to start problems here . JMO

Have a nice day Dh'ers.

I think your thread asking who you thought was hot, rude, creative
was worse than anything that has been put in this thread,
except this post of yours here, that really was off topic!

12/9/2008 8:36:41 PM How important should a like religion be to a relationship?!  

ponygirl_curtis
Nashville, TN

I agree with the person who said it's probably only important if you're looking to be long term.

Keep rockin' the f**king metal, sexy!!

12/9/2008 8:44:19 PM How important should a like religion be to a relationship?!  

moraldk325
Over 1,000 Posts (1,043)
State College, PA

Check this out:
https://DateHookup.dating/Thread-198974.htm

12/9/2008 9:26:15 PM How important should a like religion be to a relationship?!  

christi284
Ogden, UT

I think that it depends on how important it is to the people in the relationship. Face it, if you're a pastor, odds are, you will want your significant other to agree with you on that - it is such a large aspect of your life. It's funny, though, I am a fairly spiritual/deep person, and have been religious all my life. Lately, though, I've kindof become unsure about organized religion, and haven't decided either way if I support or don't support it. But funnily enough, despite this, I am drawn into relationships with people who are not religious or different religions more often that I am to people who ARE religious, or of my religion. It doesn't cause many problems for me. I think I have a great respect for all religions that I have come into contact with, and what someone "is" doesn't have to be important to me in a relationship. I do see, however, why it is so important to many others.

12/10/2008 1:07:03 AM How important should a like religion be to a relationship?!  

outlaw02
Galloway, OH

I think it depends on your own beliefs.

I have never found a clear answer on this but is it the same religion we seek in a potential date or is it the same values and morals?

12/10/2008 2:44:01 AM How important should a like religion be to a relationship?!  

ryn514
Cobourg, ON

All depends on the couple involved. I work with a fella who went the Jehovah Witness way, yet his wife stayed "neutrally non-religious" and they've been together over 25 years. To each their own.