Select your best hookup:
Local
Gay
Asian
Latin
East Europe

gay sex hookup sites

I was a 19 year old unemployed college drop out at the time. asian women in san antonio It is crazy how getting this can just turn you into a no one. It is been very awhile given that I posted all of this immediately after months of correspondence on line, we just formally broke up with each and every other yesterday. yahoo datehookup Our forums are not gender distinct, so a question could ask for connection suggestions for girls, and both females and men can reply giving a balanced set of guidance.

craigslist couple hookup

The possibilities are, you met your prospective mate on some app or other. yucca valley dating Soul has closed a Series C round of an undisclosed sum last year, with backers such as GGV Capital, Morningside Venture Capital. We didn t commence dating until right after the socially mandatory Fall Break mark, but it still was a hard pill to swallow for some of our WOA group. other sites like sniffies But it is so substantially improved to be in the pond than out.

Home  Sign In  Search  Date Ideas  Join  Forums  Groups

11/4/2007 5:01:30 AM is there any revelation other than the bible?  

4evr6y
Morgan, VT

before the bible was put together by man
the profits of old passed on revelations they received
has God stoped talking to us by revelation or is it ongoing?

11/4/2007 8:16:12 AM is there any revelation other than the bible?  

4evr6y
Morgan, VT

i put this question in the forums section
thanks

11/4/2007 4:16:25 PM is there any revelation other than the bible?  

lotsafuninpa
Tioga, PA

I'm not exactly sure what you are asking. If you are asking does God still have other works out there that we haven't seen----I believe the bible to be the only word of God written by apostles many years ago. In that book is everything we ever need to know--until we get to heaven, then we will know all things.

Now we know in part---then we will know all. Have a great evening--Pat--lotsafuninpa.

11/8/2007 8:40:11 AM is there any revelation other than the bible?  

knightnyte2
Spring, TX

before the bible was put together by man
the profits of old passed on revelations they received
has God stoped talking to us by revelation or is it ongoing?

interesting topic, 4. the prophets of the old testament words' are still with us. God was compassionate with us and gave us his son to shed his blood for our salvation. By Grace are you saved... Christ's death is our salvation. Had he not came, lived totally without sin (that amazes me so much. Christ was what? 33? 34? when he died, and he lived as you and i in every day life. satan was wielding his power then as he does now. Yet, Christ never gave in to temptation. Imagine yourself living totally without sin. Even King David prayed for forgiveness of sins saying he sinned without even knowing he sinned. Christ lived without sin. Each time Christ healed anyone, raised the dead, satan was right there tempting him. After the 40 days, the Bible tells us of satan tempting him. And those other times when he drove out demons, satan was right there tempting him, over and over. Still, he lived a perfect life. Perfect.)

God has not stopped talking to us. Christ gave us the Holy Spirit. Dats, Mr Big. Religion is what's wrong with Christianity. Even the Indians living in America, before we introduced them to Christianity were very close to our same beliefs. A Higher power, they just did not know God by name. Were those missionaries wrong in the ways they taught? many were, yes, so many were.

So many of our beliefs today are based on what the original churches felt best for us to understand. There was the selfishness of power in them to control man. It still happens today. When the old Fire and Brimstone preachers tell you of burning in hell forever, well, you know the stories about hell. John tells us of the fiery pit some will be thrown into, but from what i've read, only satan and his demons will suffer forever. John says non-believers will perish, die, in those fiery pits, not burn forever. Though God told John to put the statement in, not to add or take away anything, man, in his greed for power continues to do so even today. Those final words in the Lord's Prayer were man made.. not what Christ taught.

you see how many changes are made each time the scrolls are interpreted by scholars even today. Hebrew and Aramaic were the languages that the scriptures were written in, and i wish i learned them years ago. Those sins fall on the heads of those interpreting, not mine. Seeking evidence of God through others' writing is good, but when it falls outside, that is when the Holy Spirit directs you. Who am i, but a lowly sinner, searching and trying to live according to God's word. Not perfect, blemished beyond what I think is salvageable, but Thanks to Christ, God can do anything. Amen.. off my stump preaching..

11/8/2007 10:21:24 AM is there any revelation other than the bible?  

4evr6y
Morgan, VT

knight
...thanks for picking up the topic here.
When I read your words from a traditional evangelical viewpoint I'm in total agreement with what you say,
,,,but....I guess I have a couple of questions...in my mind.
Can one be a Christian without beleiving in[on]the bible as infalibility.
I fear over the years man's interpretation and beleifs built upon ironious concepts have been added to the underpining of what we beleive is important to our salvation and what we[humanity] should do in this life.
The bible is writen from a judio-christian view point and because we [for the mostpart]are a western civilised world,
we are trying to fit every one through that funnel towards God.
What if our Creator didn't come to this planet to just save our sins by sheding His blood?
And what if the evil,iniquitious rebels were already delt with by our lord?
What if God forgave the sins of a humblely seeking heart?
What if the Jews were only the chosen people to birth our Lord...and nothing more?
And what if God only publicly reveals what the progressing mortals of Earth can digest?

Latly in my life I have been contemplating these questions and the conceptual mental attitudes that derive from those traines of thought.
I beleive it is true when our Lord left He sent the Spirit of Truth to lead us.
Would that spirit lead us to revise our traditional thought .....I mean as we get closer towards God we will know Him beter.Individualy and socialy...ie in our own walk with Him and as our world progressis more revelation will up step basic humanity.????
4evr

11/8/2007 11:20:33 AM is there any revelation other than the bible?  

knightnyte2
Spring, TX

did you know the word 'if' is the most used word in the English vocabulary? if if if if. there comes a time when you believe or not believe. satan speaks pretty convincingly as well. if you believe in God, if you read his word, question not what men write, but what God's Spirit says, then you will know. My suggestion to you is to pray when you have questions. I question not God's word, but men. Your questions might be answered in a surprising manner.

you either believe or not. no straddling the fence. Until i learn hebrew and aramaic languages, i'll have to trust others to interpret for me. I never stop reading or praying.

why do i believe? the Bible tells me so. I do my best to try not to lead anyone astray. As a Christian, that is a big no no. Question all you like, but using judgment of when, what and how to get those answers, remember to try not to lead others down a different path.

11/9/2007 7:49:58 AM is there any revelation other than the bible?  

4evr6y
Morgan, VT

Knight...Brother...
I wonder if Calvin or Luther ever prayed they would not lead any one astray?Am sure they did as I would also....though I certanly am nowhere near them in spiritual intelect.
I had thought this group would be the place to toss around questions related to our Christian God.Without being whomped on the intelect, with scripture verses, and pasivly threatened that the devel "Satin" would lead me astray.
How does that song go ...ya beter not cry,ya beter not pout......how about you beter not think, ya beter not shout[talk]....just stay within your box...
Sory for blasting off, but I had a nicer[in much more depth] reply 5 minuts ago,,,,before I hit the wrong button and lost it all....
I got to go out and put up some rafters before the wind comes up and another day down the drain.
JESUS RULEZ!

4evr

[Edited 11/9/2007 7:51:31 AM]

11/9/2007 8:19:22 AM is there any revelation other than the bible?  

cottagebithec
Utica, NY

Wish I could be so certain all the time. I've had periods of doubt. Think that is good. Questioning is good.

11/9/2007 9:11:49 AM is there any revelation other than the bible?  

4evr6y
Morgan, VT

hi Cottage...back for lunch...this net is addicting..
We all have our doubts now and then,or even longer.
But being a beleiver[seeker], we have faith that even when WE doubt,
God has US in His hands of love...we someday ,I am sure,will know the full extent of His Salvation,Grace and Love.But untill then we sometimes stager on up that mountain so to speak trusting,I hope,thay He will provide,protect and lead...
It's the leading thats the hardest for me.....unruley raskel that I can be.
hopfully not,
4evr

11/9/2007 12:57:55 PM is there any revelation other than the bible?  

cottagebithec
Utica, NY

Got caught up in the posts here. before mine. Just went back and looked at the title of this thread. I believe revelations are revealed to us individually depending on where we are in our journey and our personal relationship with God. I have had what I considered miracles in my life, revelations(?), when I felt God's message was being revealed to me through others... It is not always, from a sermon or bible story, his best revelations for me have come from others...spiritual people. When we think about it we need the teachings to help us understand and recognize when the revelation comes to us, but he asked us to do this for each other.

11/23/2007 12:46:02 PM is there any revelation other than the bible?  

stringsvrs
Syracuse, NY

Happy Friday Evening Everyone;
My Dear Brother 4evry6;
I do believe that all people are given revelation on a daily basis and that it is up to the individual to choose and heed these revelations. I concur with all that brother Knight has said in his post on this topic. All knowledge was passed esoterically (word of mouth), previously to the compiling of the bible. In those days, very much like these days, only a handful of mankind exercised a higher consciousness of morals in the treating of other people. And although they did not treat women equally in any form, I am confident that woman held the upper hand on knowledge back then when it came to everything.

It is also my belief that a person does not have to believe in[on]the bible as infallible. The tight-knit society we have these days aid in the dispensing of morals in the interaction with one another. I realize too that this is hard to believe when we read of serial killers and the such, but the overall part of society does maintain a higher standard of morals for their sisters and brothers of the world.

When it comes to salvation, the true question is: "How can we bring the importance of Loving God with all our hearts, mind and soul; and Love one another as we would love ourselves?" Many people yet to know how to love themselves, how do they love God with all their being if they refuse to learn how to love themselves?

I do not think it is hopeless and Jesus certainly did not either. Showing others through our actions of Love and Peace is the only and best method of this, just as Jesus has done.
And in so doing I believe that this is another form of revelation to mankind, just as in the days previous to the bible, yet, more publicated in our times.

In His Peace and Love

11/23/2007 6:34:57 PM is there any revelation other than the bible?  

knightnyte2
Spring, TX

4evr6y, it seems strange your views seem more agnostic than Christian. Might I suggest you go create your doubt and share your non-Christian thoughts in the general discussion or perhaps atheistic threads?

the topic clearly states Christian. You are either a believer, or not. You continue to ask us believers to seek other sources to verify your beliefs and or disrupt this thread. Please spread your thoughts in another thread.

peace... don't be hatin'

11/28/2007 7:58:18 PM is there any revelation other than the bible?  

cottagebithec
Utica, NY

4ever... please stay and share with us... do not be intimidated by anyone throwing stones.

11/29/2007 9:46:56 AM is there any revelation other than the bible?  

knightnyte2
Spring, TX

oh, goodness, i've been chastised by our room monitor.. oops.

4evr: ,,,but....I guess I have a couple of questions...in my mind.
Can one be a Christian without beleiving in[on]the bible as infalibility.
I fear over the years man's interpretation and beleifs built upon ironious concepts have been added to the underpining of what we beleive is important to our salvation and what we[humanity] should do in this life.
The bible is writen from a judio-christian view point and because we [for the mostpart]are a western civilised world,not a doubt the roman catholic church did a number on us when they wouldn't translate the scriptures into the language of the every day man. Adding to scriptures to suit their needs. With so many new scholars today, interpreting the scriptures, i feel corrections are being made every time. There are 2 things you can believe in. Christ and God. God gave us the Holy Spirit to be with us, guide us, yes, even teach us. When you read your scriptures do you pray for God to reveal to you what he is saying? Not what man says he's saying? Sadly, I do not know how to read the scrolls or writings of Moses myself. I rely, as you do, on what is interpreted by learned scholars. We've come a long way from the Fire and Brimstone preaching almost every church used to preach. Is there something more? I'll wait for God to reveal that to me.
we are trying to fit every one through that funnel towards God.
What if our Creator didn't come to this planet to just save our sins by sheding His blood?
And what if the evil,iniquitious rebels were already delt with by our lord?
What if God forgave the sins of a humblely seeking heart?
What if the Jews were only the chosen people to birth our Lord...and nothing more?
And what if God only publicly reveals what the progressing mortals of Earth can digest?

Latly in my life I have been contemplating these questions and the conceptual mental attitudes that derive from those traines of thought.
I beleive it is true when our Lord left He sent the Spirit of Truth to lead us.
Would that spirit lead us to revise our traditional thought .....I mean as we get closer towards God we will know Him beter.Individualy and socialy...ie in our own walk with Him and as our world progressis more revelation will up step basic humanity.????
question all you wish, and if you are sincere, God will let you know. Doubting the Bible to me, is like doubting God. In my previous post were I said your post seems to have drifted towards the agnostic lane, perhaps I was wrong. That's between you and God. Remember though, God is going to judge us all in the end. I've often wondered how many 'hidden' treasures the catholic church has kept from us. Doubt God's word? No Way! Mistrust something that is controlled by man? Certainly. My ex was Lutheran when we met. I attended her church for a period of 4 years trying to support her by attending her church. Great minister and we discuss the Biblical foundation of religions. I'm not saying there is anything wrong with lutheran or catholics. When a minister, priest or anyone gets up there and says, I forgive you your sins! I have a problem with that. Of course they give the reasons as when Christ gave the apostles the keys. What you bind in my name, will be bound. Yet, every time any of the disciples healed, they did not say they forgive. Peter said, silver and gold have i none, but what i do have, i give freely. in the name of Jesus Christ, your sins are forgiven, rise and walk. In the name of Jesus... not, I forgive you your sins. The churches that says women are to be silent in church, and though Paul says it, do we totally dismiss the ministries of those women of the Old Testaments, or even the women who Paul named in his writings who supported him, who taught, who cared for widows and children, who traveled with him, those same ones who took care of him?

Satan rears his ugly tempting head in every single second of your and my lives. Consider this when you question what you know from reading and studying the Bible. Are your questions done with an from Satan's temptations or inner thoughts that God has placed on your heart? Remember what Christ said about leading his flock astray.

If i offended you in any way, i sincerely offer my regrets and apologies. I have busted quite a few eggshells through my life.

peace....

11/29/2007 4:04:07 PM is there any revelation other than the bible?  

cottagebithec
Utica, NY

When we have questions about our faith it doesn't necessarily mean we doubt the premis of our religion. To me it means we are growing in our search for more revelation and greater understanding.

Agnostic... (a doubter)
The view that the existence of any god is unknown at present.

Christian... (a believer)
An individual who seeks to live their life according to the principles and values taught by Jesus Christ.

Christianity... (what the Christian believes)
religion centered on Jesus of Nazareth, and on his life, death, resurrection, and teachings as presented in the New Testament

Page: 1, 2