Select your best hookup:
Local
Gay
Asian
Latin
East Europe

privatedelights app

So how can you lower this threat of receiving the coronavirus and ending up on a terrible date? free online dating columbus ohio This is the super subtle (but actually genius!) way of asking somebody what form of relationship they re searching for. If you ever want to feel improved about your personal like life, feel free to come back and study these 1st date horrors. top omegle interests Falling in loveis the improvement of robust feelings of attachment and like, usually towards a different particular person.

backpage listcrawler

So right here are some queries that will genuinely help you get to know a person, whether or not it is light hearted banter on a very first date or deep, meaningful conversations about life with your spouse. datehookup join Users who have a handful of a lot more laugh lines and silver strands may well uncover kindred spirits on an app with more individuals in their demographic. It also depends on what the OP is in search of, the attitude and hope of quite a few profiles I read are SM unemployed seeking some type of sugar daddy . skipthegames om He proposed at Rocky Mountain National Park in front of both our families, and we have been married eight months later.

Home  Sign In  Search  Date Ideas  Join  Forums  Singles Groups

4/13/2009 5:19:51 PM VFW members where did they go ?  
forumu
Mount Clemens, MI

I've noticed that all the vfw halls in the detroit metro area seem to have made the transition from thriving communities of war vets to corner bars where the only attraction is cheap drinks.
I'd like to hear from any present members or former vets on why this has happened.
I do have my own opinions on this subject but would life to hear from others that may be [ in the know ]

4/13/2009 9:09:37 PM VFW members where did they go ?  

vet61
Over 4,000 Posts! (5,087)
Farmington, IL

The Legion is becoming the same way

4/14/2009 12:22:58 PM VFW members where did they go ?  
forumu
Mount Clemens, MI

My father was stationed in french moroco back in the 40 or 50s he applied to vfw. They turned him down
My brother returned from vietnam. They turned him down.
10 yrs ago they came begging for him to join. He just walked away.
Not very forward thinking of the vfw.
Shame shame shame
If they would have allowed all the vets to join im sure they would have still been thriving today

4/15/2009 9:54:10 AM VFW members where did they go ?  

skysoldier1cav
Hebron, KY

I dropped out of both..my "Post' and my "Legion" now have people who are not vets holding allsorts of offices and auxillary spots .Its not veterans and i dont like it.PERIOD.They are just bars with people who use the license to buy cheap drinks...I dont go there and its not the same

4/15/2009 10:03:53 AM VFW members where did they go ?  

skysoldier1cav
Hebron, KY

I remember the first time I ever went to a VFW..it was my dads 'post' and he told me to wear my uniform.I walked in--spit shined jump boots, DRESS greens ,jump wings, two PHs .a BSM and a CIB...I was so well treated and the men (and it was only men) wanted to talk to me and welcome me "home.. I got a honorary membership, that only meant that the members all shelled up maybe 20 bucks for me to join--and they did that for EVERY son of every member as they returned with an Honorable Discharge..it was the brotherhood ...ITS NOT THE SAME...most posts today are bars..and non-service people run them ...I have dropped out.

4/15/2009 12:32:11 PM VFW members where did they go ?  
hataali
Farmington, NM

Used to belong to the VFW once myself, dropped out awhile back and am now a life member of the Disabled American Veterans, that is one organization where you have to be a veteran and disabled to boot. Yeah sky there are a lot who don't belong. Chief

4/15/2009 4:54:01 PM VFW members where did they go ?  
margaret1913
Neenah, WI

I joined the Neenah, Wisconsin, VFW Ladies Auxilary last summer because my great uncle Earl Lester Neff was a wounded veteran of WWI. He was in the trenches when mustard gas was first being used and before gas masks were available. He survived and lived to a ripe old age. I remember him from when I was three years old and have all his old medals. He bought a huge book after he returned home with all the copies of the Star and Stripes that were issued in WWI. He was a member of the 32nd Red Arrow Brigade. I read all the issues and followed the progress of the 32nd through the whole war. Last summer I just happened to run into the gal that is the present Auxilary president. Her mother had been the president for 30 some years from when the group was first organized. Wisconsin VFW's had a raffle to raise funds for starting up a Fisher House by the Milwaukee VA Hospital. I should have been a used car salesperson because I sold more raffle tickets than the rest of my group and the men's post combined! We do a lot of brat frys on summer weekends by a local supermarket to raise funds to give to the Vet's Home in King, Wisconsin, and for other worthy causes. I have a book that tracks my family back to 1639 and I have ancestors that were in every conflict this land has had since before it was called America. I will stay a member and do my part but I have noticed a lot of apathy. The meetings sometimes seem like "we're just going through the motions". We need to do a better job of thinking up activities and getting more creative with letting the public know how they can help vets.

SkySoldier - I would like to see your profile

[Edited 4/15/2009 5:01:06 PM PST]

4/17/2009 10:07:10 AM VFW members where did they go ?  
millie23
Everett, WA

I agree with the sentiments expressed here. I am a Lifetime member of the VFW, but hardly ever go to the local VFW halls. I went to the FRA club here in the local area with a guy who wasn't even Military -- he could pay his dues and join the club. Instead of giving up, though, maybe we should organize into some small, local groups, and see if there are ways we can improve the situation.

4/17/2009 10:10:08 AM VFW members where did they go ?  
millie23
Everett, WA

By the way, I am retired military and am a member of the VFW based on being on a ship stationed in the Persian Gulf.

4/17/2009 10:27:10 AM VFW members where did they go ?  
hataali
Farmington, NM

Quote from millie23:
I agree with the sentiments expressed here. I am a Lifetime member of the VFW, but hardly ever go to the local VFW halls. I went to the FRA club here in the local area with a guy who wasn't even Military -- he could pay his dues and join the club. Instead of giving up, though, maybe we should organize into some small, local groups, and see if there are ways we can improve the situation.

Howdy Millie and welcome, I am a retired Chief, dang and here I always thought you had to be either Marine Corps or Navy to join the Fleet Reserve Association (FRA).

4/18/2009 4:18:47 AM VFW members where did they go ?  
julietromeo
Over 1,000 Posts (1,965)
Paradise Inn, WA

Quote from forumu:
I've noticed that all the vfw halls in the detroit metro area seem to have made the transition from thriving communities of war vets to corner bars where the only attraction is cheap drinks.
I'd like to hear from any present members or former vets on why this has happened.
I do have my own opinions on this subject but would life to hear from others that may be [ in the know ]

never been a member. went to a meeting in so cal years ago. ran accross many bigoted right wing extremists and swore i'd never go back to an association so filled with hate. but i did go back. somebody about a year ago talked me into giving them a second shot. i did. similar story as the first. my bet is that if i'd spent more time in vfw halls i too would would be sitting in a corner bar looking for cheap drinks. likely they're all not like what i experienced of course. but it is what i experienced.

i am a member of the vhpa, vietnam helicopter pilots association, though. good, friendly experiences there. but damn if we don't end up transitioning to a corner bar looking for cheap drinks at the conventions in vegas.

[Edited 4/18/2009 4:24:48 AM PST]

4/18/2009 12:35:09 PM VFW members where did they go ?  

kabayo
Flat Rock, MI

I think alot of them are simply turned into a nice respectful place to hang out < no profanity/arguing> which is fine and good but it isn't a singles bar in any means and the sports aspect tends to bring out the profane so it seems it has set itself up to the cheap drink and pool night out crowd as well as the hold-em tournaments and buffets.

4/19/2009 4:49:46 AM VFW members where did they go ?  

eagleeyes7
Over 2,000 Posts (2,191)
Fort Myers, FL

Thought I'd weigh in on this one, as I had a recent experience at a big VFW "bar" in Lee County that reinforced much of what has already been said here.

I sometimes call up the local MOPH or DAV Chapters to offer my time for the benefit of some of the less able Vets.

Sadly, the local DAV has no post now, and neither does the MOPH.

The reason is that they don't support the lease on their post by having a low cost bar, and gambling machines like the VFW and Legion does.

I decided to call a few VFW Posts, to see if I could help out anyway, and got a request for operating a caterpillar to clear some trees and brush, that I could fill. They had over an acre of fenced grounds, with a huge 18' long steel propane tank barbeque, picnic tables, horseshoe pits (2), and a parking lot for over 200 cars! Keyed card entry to the building/bar, and a full staff of 5 bartenders and cooks. Very impressive!

This VFW Post was huge, and had 3 rooms full of gambling machines (computer/video type), with a huge kitchen, and over a hundred feet of bar in a huge "U". The Post Commander told me they took in over $2,000 per weekday, and up to $10,000 over the weekends.

What didn't impress me, and this is shameful, was that I was asked to use the Cat to scoop out a large pit, as they were going to burn all the brush, cut down trees, and debris, which amounted to at least 4 tons!

The fire permit they had was only for "Ceremonial Flag Burning", and was NOT for a bonfire 15 feet high, and 10'X 10'firepit full of wood!

I showed up at 7:30 AM, with a military MOPH hat, my flight jacket with "salad", and was interested to see what kind of ceremony they would hold. I was severely disappointed!

ONE BARTENDER WALKED OUT, THREW GAS ON THE HUGE PILE OF BRUSH AND TREES, LIT IT, AND TOSSED ABOUT 50 FLAGS ON TOP, AND WALKED AWAY!!!!

The smoke billowed high, and I stood there in disbelief! This was all the respect that they showed at a "Flag Burning Ceremony"?

The guy who owned the Cat helped me to watch and spray water on the embers flying, so as not to ignite the nearby trees. He said that if the fire department showed up like last time, just to toss a few more flags on the fire from a box that they held back.

So much for "honoring" the Flag at a VFW Post!!

Eagle

4/19/2009 8:56:56 AM VFW members where did they go ?  

moriartty
Buffalo, NY

I was at a Navy Marine club last night in Lockport, NY and there was a civi barkeep, two older ladies of which one was a vet and a group of kids that were friends of the barkeep's daughter. Cheap drinks and you can smoke, but seemed sad that it was that empty. I applied at the one in Batavia a few years ago, but was told it would cost 150 a year!! The one in Albion gave me a free door card though. Had hoped to find a bunch of vets to hang out with but it looks pretty grim. Always used to hear such hip sotries about these places and now I'm not sure if I even want to apply to one because it's just a bunch of kids. Anybody know of one in the Buffalo area that is still decent?

4/20/2009 7:35:10 AM VFW members where did they go ?  

nailtek5854
Lockport, NY

Kids!!! You suck. lol.

4/20/2009 7:50:53 AM VFW members where did they go ?  
gundergtau
Quincy, IL

qualify but do not and will not join an organization that does not have clear stated objectives and only service seems to be putting flags up..for those of you who have noticed the usaa insureance has also become a civilian organization and you are no longer welcome if you are military especially if you have teenagers who are a risk in driving..seems we forget that the dollar is not what drives the boat..j

4/20/2009 9:11:52 AM VFW members where did they go ?  

lostinwyoming
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (12,581)
Evanston, WY

vfw does a lot more than you know. theres been a decline in members due to the fact that most members are from the ww2 era and are passing on to the other side. the new vets need to know theres a lot more to them than the bars. they can find support there from people who have gone thru the same thing as they have.brothers in arms.check out there site.

http://www.vfw.org/

4/20/2009 8:37:23 PM VFW members where did they go ?  

skysoldier1cav
Hebron, KY

I have to tell the pretty gal that "kids dont suck"...truth is--they serve and proudly, remarkably..My disillusionment has nothing to do with youth, in fact its more people my age.Commnties are breaking down and so are long standing institutions--like theLegion and VFW..not the fault of youth..its how it is...

4/20/2009 10:12:20 PM VFW members where did they go ?  

1proudusafmom
Olive Branch, MS

Well I was given an application Saturday to sign up for the VFW. I have it filled out and ready to turn back in. Are the younger generation signing up?

4/20/2009 10:13:55 PM VFW members where did they go ?  

1proudusafmom
Olive Branch, MS

Quote from skysoldier1cav:
I have to tell the pretty gal that "kids dont suck"...truth is--they serve and proudly, remarkably..My disillusionment has nothing to do with youth, in fact its more people my age.Commnties are breaking down and so are long standing institutions--like theLegion and VFW..not the fault of youth..its how it is...

I agree with you skysoldier. Didn't know who she was talking to????

5/22/2009 5:58:25 AM VFW members where did they go ?  

leverlock
Olympia, WA

What can we do to improve this in WA state? We have Fort Lewis and a ton of Soldiers here in the area
lets hear some ideas