Select your best hookup:
Local
Gay
Asian
Latin
East Europe

best hookup messages

An additional plus point is, this app is designed and formed in India. redlands singles groups A superior way to let someone down early is to say you are focusing on a person you met on the app or don t assume you are looking for the exact same things. It offers you additional details about possible dates and encourages far more meaningful conversations. hot latina teen For most individuals, on the web relationships will have only minor unpleasant moments.

what replaced craigslist for hookups

But whilst those feelings are absolutely regular, there s a lot to obtain out of becoming level headed. woodland ca dating Plus, your date nonetheless will not have your home address. Fantastic. tyler camille onlyfans Visitors are to make their own independent inquiries prior to acting on any facts contained inside the web page forum.

Home  Sign In  Search  Date Ideas  Join  Forums  Singles Groups  - 100% FREE Online Dating, Join Now!

5/25/2009 5:53:16 PM 64 bit over 32 bit?  
chuckles32257
Orange Park, FL

My computer is now two years old now, and about time to upgrade. Currently running Vista / Aero. Can anyone tell me how much trouble I'm gonna have running my old 32 bit software on a new 64 bit system? I would assume that microsoft has some sort of compatibility wizard like they came out with when Vista first came out. Done already found out alot of my older software won't run under the Vista op. sys., even with the compatibility wizard.

Meet singles at DateHookup.dating, we're 100% free! Join now!

DateHookup.dating - 100% Free Personals

5/28/2009 10:31:17 PM 64 bit over 32 bit?  
chuckles32257
Orange Park, FL

Actually, I really haven't checked anything out. Just noticed that all the new computers advertized listed are 64 bit processors. I was assuming the operating system was also 64. I recently upgraded some of my software, and had some problems with it. When I contacted the vendor, the first question they asked me was whether I was running 32 or 64 bit. Told me their software as of yet was not compatible for a 64 bit computer. My reasons for thinking about the newer computer, was that I have maxed out my current memory capabilities on this unit.

5/28/2009 10:59:41 PM 64 bit over 32 bit?  
manykisses
Over 1,000 Posts (1,137)
Tonawanda, NY

Chuckles, I've run into some older software I couldn't run on a 64-bit OS. It's usually because the installer is 16-bit, the 64-bit OS won't execute 16-bit programs, period. So there have been new applications I've had to learn to use to replace older ones that won't run on this machine with Windows XP Pro x64 Edition, or run them under the 32-bit version of the OS. The two versions of Microsoft Office that I've tested here have both installed and run equally well on both 32-bit and 64-bit OS, and my e-mail/newsreader client hasn't seemed to care about 32/64-bit either. Some of my radio-related software was another story. I had to get Ham Radio Deluxe to replace some of the older applications I used to use for digital communications modes using the sound card. Lotus Organizer wouldn't install either, but I installed Sunbird instead and that has filled my needs for a program of that nature. Firefox 2 and 3 both run fine on either version of the OS and so have my antivirus, firewall, and other security apps. I use VLC Media Player for viewing movies so I couldn't tell you how Nero or anything else runs on the 64-bit version of XP, but VLC Media Player runs just fine. ACDSee Pro 2 runs just fine. uTorrent runs just fine. I guess it depends what you have.

Polyx, 64-bit OS most certainly does mean faster for personal computing, especially if you have a multi-core CPU. This machine I'm working with now has an Intel Q8200 Core2Quad and before that it had an Intel E2180 Allendale dual-core CPU in it. The machine dual boots a 32-bit version of XP as well as the 64-bit version. Watching a movie while a virus scan is running in the background is dicey to say the least under the 32-bit version, but because the 64-bit version fully supports the multiple cores, I can do this with the 64-bit XP with no trouble at all. The 64-bit version also boots into the desktop in about half the time it takes to get to the desktop using the 32-bit XP. That's running the CPU at stock parameters with no overclocking. In fact, if you have a dual-core or better CPU and can obtain the necessary drivers for your hardware, you're better off running a 64-bit version of XP than a 32-bit Vista version. I've proven this to myself using a laptop that had a dual-core AMD processor in it. In both benchmarks and actual use, performance under the 64-bit XP flat out smoked performance under the 32-bit Vista.

Of course, if you're using something like VMWare to run other operating systems as virtual machines, the access to multiple cores greatly facilitates virtualization using the 64-bit OS as opposed to the 32-bit OS..

Another relevant point is that I have 4 GB of RAM in this machine. The 64-bit version "sees" all of it and reports 4 GB of RAM, the 32-bit version does not. When I install another 4 GB (max'ing out my motherboard to the full 8 GB that it supports), the 64-bit XP will see and support the full 8 GB.

Finally, the 64-bit OS is more secure because the kernel does a better job of protecting the system files against modification by various forms of malware such as viruses, rootkits, etc.

For what it's worth, I have no intention of ever putting any version of Vista on this machine or any of my other computers ever again. If the OS on this box ever gets upgraded, for example, it will be to a 64-bit version of Windows 7, or to a 64-bit Ubuntu.

Hope this helps.

John

Intel Q8200 Core2Quad @ 2.33 GHz
Gigabyte GA-G33M Motherboard
G.Skill 4 GB 2x2 240 DDR2-800 RAMs
2x Western Digital 640 GB SATA Hard Disks
1x Seagate 1.5 TB SATA Hard Disk
Windows XP Professional x64 Edition Service Pack 2 Build 3790
Windows XP (32-bit) Service Pack 3 Build: 5.8.0.2694

[Edited 5/28/2009 11:20:56 PM ]

6/25/2009 8:36:16 PM 64 bit over 32 bit?  

macnerdette
Virginia Beach, VA

Get a MAC You will love them

6/28/2009 5:15:07 AM 64 bit over 32 bit?  
tigger_bounce
Tempe, AZ

I've been running a 64-bit OS for about a year now without issue. 32-bit applications pretty much just run. 32-bit system tools (anti-virus, disk tools etc.) are another story. 16bit apps don't run in AMD-64/emt64 cpus. Other than improved memory addressing, and heavy computational apps, 64-bit doesn't give you much. I run 8GB pf ram on my desktop because I do a lot of work in virtual environments. FYI, Windows 7 is in pre-order sales now at a deep discount. If I were going to make the jump now, I'd go that route, or wait until October, when preloaded systems are available.

If you're running Vista I'd go with 64bit. Win7, definitelly 64-bit. XP would sticj to 32-bit. Also, many new PCs are loaded with a 32bit OS even on 64-bit capable hardware.

6/28/2009 6:47:23 PM 64 bit over 32 bit?  
eborac
Lakeland, GA

Windows7 - 64 , the Vista replacement is showing much more stability and conformity to old software and hardware - one option to remember if you move to 64 (and in reality 64 will be the new standard soon) is that you can alter ther .exe command on a program and tell it how to run,ie in 64 or 32 mode, even XP and NT if required.

7/5/2009 3:55:56 AM 64 bit over 32 bit?  
tigger_bounce
Tempe, AZ

Quote from eborac:
one option to remember if you move to 64 (and in reality 64 will be the new standard soon) is that you can alter ther .exe command on a program and tell it how to run,ie in 64 or 32 mode, even XP and NT if required.

No, you can't. IE's 32bit and 64bit versions are both installed.. it isn't the same executable. You don't get the same windows exe in fat binaries (like cross-compiled apps on a mac).

7/10/2009 3:58:04 PM 64 bit over 32 bit?  
manykisses
Over 1,000 Posts (1,137)
Tonawanda, NY

Quote from tigger_bounce:
Also, many new PCs are loaded with a 32bit OS even on 64-bit capable hardware.

Yes...unfortunately. I was just in Best Buy and happened to notice that they're still selling Toshiba laptops with AMD dual-core CPUs that have a 32-but Vista Home version installed on them. The reason, presumably, is that Toshiba has no 64-bit drivers available for its hardware. Pretty much makes the dual-core CPU a joke.

JK

8/8/2009 5:44:45 PM 64 bit over 32 bit?  
tedpeterson
Los Angeles, CA

Quote from macnerdette:
Get a MAC You will love them

MACs suck.
Software comes out for them too late, less software, harder to upgrade, games come out on PC first... forget it.

8/12/2009 9:47:05 AM 64 bit over 32 bit?  
helikestowatch
Little Rock, AR

None really as Dos ( 16-bit ) has long since been a dead horse, on Windows.

I haven't found any issues with Linux either.

8/13/2009 4:27:48 PM 64 bit over 32 bit?  
willtryagain
Jackson, MS

Don't mess with all that...Do like I did, go out and buy the Intel i7 Extreme Processor for around 800.00 and the IntelĀ® Desktop Board DX58SO motherboard for around 400.00 and slap in 16 gig of ddr 3 channel memory, and never look back....