Select your best hookup:
Local
Gay
Asian
Latin
East Europe

skipthegames

Hashem protected you from future emotional catastrophes must you have married her. gay chat calgary Simply because we are a UK dating web site, our relationship forum reflects UK dating culture. This web page and videos that offer assistance about relationship. paginas parecidas a locanto Most effective dating concepts, affordable dating concepts, 1st dates and more.

www skipthegames

So if you happen to be preparing for a initial date, take into consideration adding the following concerns to your dating repertoire. gay dating london ontario Nevertheless, some men and women get fortunate with these sorts of apps so we nonetheless made a list for it. Ongoing app maintenance just after the launch may also add up to about 15 20% of the original project expense per year. fetlife germany Immediately after verifying it we will publish your encounter here.

Home  Sign In  Search  Date Ideas  Join  Forums  Singles Groups  - 100% FREE Online Dating, Join Now!

6/19/2009 5:26:36 PM Conversation starters, what works and doesn't  

justawench
Roseville, MI

I was reading a forum the other day.. I dont think it was on here. I dont remember the topic but some guy was talking about how women love it when he asks them "so what do you do" she starts to tell him about her job and he says "no for fun" he claimed that the women loved to open up and that was one that really worked for him. I have thought about it since and thought damn thats just another version of "so, what do you like to do for fun?" one of the worst lines ever in my book. I assume if a person read my profile he might have learned that already and a more thoughtful question is what was it like working the renaissance fest or something along those lines.

so my proposal is this.. tell us your least favorite line and what would have been better.

keep it clean.. we all know "nice tits" is one used by the guys looking to get laid.. I am hoping to help out the conversationaly challenged.

Meet singles at DateHookup.dating, we're 100% free! Join now!

DateHookup.dating - 100% Free Personals

6/19/2009 5:45:46 PM Conversation starters, what works and doesn't  
yourfiend
Over 2,000 Posts (2,947)
Bay City, MI

is it
Enuff about you, let's talk about me
or
Enuff about me, let's talk about you

6/19/2009 8:05:20 PM Conversation starters, what works and doesn't  
lighthouselady1
Over 1,000 Posts (1,858)
West Bloomfield, MI

insightful....priceless.

For the rest....MasterCard.

I agree, Wench....when someone asks me 'what do you do?' I assume it means, 'what do I do for a living?'

The next time someone asks me 'what do you do?' I am gonna tell them that I hang out on street corners and flash passing motorists.

If anyone wants to know WHICH street corner.....email me.

[Edited 6/19/2009 8:05:42 PM ]

6/19/2009 8:10:20 PM Conversation starters, what works and doesn't  

volleyballguy73
Over 2,000 Posts (3,459)
Milford, MI

Quote from lighthouselady1:
insightful....priceless.

For the rest....MasterCard.

I agree, Wench....when someone asks me 'what do you do?' I assume it means, 'what do I do for a living?'

The next time someone asks me 'what do you do?' I am gonna tell them that I hang out on street corners and flash passing motorists.

If anyone wants to know WHICH street corner.....email me.

I bet you'll have email from one particular DHer. *cough, cough, joe, cough*

6/19/2009 8:11:30 PM Conversation starters, what works and doesn't  
lighthouselady1
Over 1,000 Posts (1,858)
West Bloomfield, MI

Long way to drive, especially for someone who posts about killing kittens.

6/19/2009 8:23:27 PM Conversation starters, what works and doesn't  
yourfiend
Over 2,000 Posts (2,947)
Bay City, MI

was that you at Cooley Lake and Williams Lake last weekend?

6/20/2009 5:38:58 AM Conversation starters, what works and doesn't  

justawench
Roseville, MI

after taking the time to post this I get "hey cute e hit me up some time" seriously.. according to another forum I am supposed to respond to every email so what is the polite response I only date people who speak english?

6/20/2009 5:50:28 AM Conversation starters, what works and doesn't  

shutterbug_80
Over 1,000 Posts (1,256)
Howell, MI

I don't know it is like the one who wanted me to tell him where I lived and wanted me to be his "online girlfriend" I don't even know the guy

6/20/2009 5:54:17 AM Conversation starters, what works and doesn't  
teacher789
Over 2,000 Posts (3,465)
Howell, MI

"Hey beautiful, God sure knew what he was doin' when he made you"
Yeah, bubba. Then what the hell was the He thinkin' when you popped out?
Jeesh!

6/20/2009 6:57:10 AM Conversation starters, what works and doesn't  
kpm1957
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (10,075)
Waterford, MI

Quote from teacher789:
"Hey beautiful, God sure knew what he was doin' when he made you"
Yeah, bubba. Then what the hell was the He thinkin' when you popped out?
Jeesh!

LMAO!!!!!!!!!

6/20/2009 9:43:26 AM Conversation starters, what works and doesn't  

shutterbug_80
Over 1,000 Posts (1,256)
Howell, MI

OMG just recieved this in my inbox:
Subject: hey cutie
Message: Fireworks in Stockbridge tonight. Be there or be square.

Never talked to the guy first email sent At least it is one pickup line I haven't heard before.

[Edited 6/20/2009 9:44:20 AM ]

6/20/2009 9:55:11 AM Conversation starters, what works and doesn't  
teacher789
Over 2,000 Posts (3,465)
Howell, MI

Does that crap really work for them? Will they never learn?

6/20/2009 10:00:53 AM Conversation starters, what works and doesn't  
lighthouselady1
Over 1,000 Posts (1,858)
West Bloomfield, MI

You guys actually get EMAILS?

6/20/2009 10:21:54 AM Conversation starters, what works and doesn't  
lefty247
Swartz Creek, MI

Now that we're all equal, I've decided to sit back & have the women approach me with their best lines. Then, I'll feel it OK to critique them in a public forum with others.

And instead of being willing to overlook women who are conversationally challenged, I'll be sure to point how idiotic, trite, and/or cliché their inept attempts to meet me truly are. How I long to meet the more refined, erudite women to discuss the esoteric aspects of a relationship, for our mutual edification.

This will of course, give me succor to seek those I deem worthy of my company.

6/20/2009 11:39:05 AM Conversation starters, what works and doesn't  

redwine1230
Davisburg, MI

wow lefty what the hell happened to your sense of humor???..good luck and I hope you actually are getting emails to ponder over..cuz I have not been getting any...of any kind to complain about..or applaud..

6/20/2009 11:40:47 AM Conversation starters, what works and doesn't  

justawench
Roseville, MI

thanks lefty.. of course my intent was to discuss good conversation starters. men are always complaining about being deleted and my thought was they are just not catching anyones attn and if people were to share the types of emails they did enjoy opening it might be helpful. I for example got one that said

your smile brightened my day, thank you

your name here.

short sweet and to not reply and say thank you would be rude.

6/20/2009 11:57:21 AM Conversation starters, what works and doesn't  
teacher789
Over 2,000 Posts (3,465)
Howell, MI

That'a a GOOD one. I would reply to that (even if it was to say that I'm currently exporing a relationship) and as long it didn't say "insert name here"!

6/20/2009 12:03:47 PM Conversation starters, what works and doesn't  

volleyballguy73
Over 2,000 Posts (3,459)
Milford, MI

Quote from shutterbug_80:
OMG just recieved this in my inbox:
Subject: hey cutie
Message: Fireworks in Stockbridge tonight. Be there or be square.

Never talked to the guy first email sent At least it is one pickup line I haven't heard before.

At least it didn't ask you to meet him, just to "be there".

6/20/2009 12:06:32 PM Conversation starters, what works and doesn't  

justawench
Roseville, MI

yes well I didnt want to put a name in and have people think it was someone they knew.. that was safer I thought.

6/20/2009 12:35:16 PM Conversation starters, what works and doesn't  
lefty247
Swartz Creek, MI

If I may candidly confess Ms. Wench, out of 17 replies, I didn't see one positive until the 15th response, which was from you.

The negativity is often overwhelming when you're in the dating game I realize. Many want to magnify the faults of others. I can only assume for some, this is ego gratifying. I personally take no pleasure making others look bad.

6/20/2009 12:53:10 PM Conversation starters, what works and doesn't  
teacher789
Over 2,000 Posts (3,465)
Howell, MI

Lefty,
For myself, at least, I sincerely apologize. Didn't mean to offend anyone. I guess I'm just used to the light-heartedness of many of these threads and was expecting this to be more of the same. I get that Wench was actually looking for honest responses and I failed to help with that. Again, I apologize for having offended you (and Wench).

6/20/2009 1:08:56 PM Conversation starters, what works and doesn't  
lefty247
Swartz Creek, MI

Quote from teacher789:
Lefty,
For myself, at least, I sincerely apologize. Didn't mean to offend anyone. I guess I'm just used to the light-heartedness of many of these threads and was expecting this to be more of the same. I get that Wench was actually looking for honest responses and I failed to help with that. Again, I apologize for having offended you (and Wench).

No need to apologize for anything. And perhaps I'm super sensitive when I see people being bashed in spirit of light heartedness. But if you're familiar with Rev Martin Niemoller's famous poem(1945) you'll better understand where I'm coming from>

"In Germany, they came first for the Communists, And I didn’t speak up because I wasn’t a Communist;

And then they came for the trade unionists, And I didn’t speak up because I wasn’t a trade unionist;

And then they came for the Jews, And I didn’t speak up because I wasn’t a Jew;

And then... they came for me... And by that time there was no one left to speak up."

[Edited 6/20/2009 1:14:22 PM ]

6/20/2009 1:41:29 PM Conversation starters, what works and doesn't  

justawench
Roseville, MI

I was not offended.. I think as a group some of us have gotten a bad name for our lightheartedness and dry humor. I wanted to try and do something constructive to show the other side. since most of my mail as of late has been hateful in nature I thought I might try something new and be positive. I think our bad mail is funny but making fun was not what I was trying to do.

6/20/2009 10:24:10 PM Conversation starters, what works and doesn't  

shutterbug_80
Over 1,000 Posts (1,256)
Howell, MI

If I have offended anyone I do want to apologize, that was not my intent. There are a few factors that influence if I respond to an email or not. The first of those is the initial email itself. Has the OP taken the time to write more than a few words, has the impression that they have actually read my profile there. The mention of common interests or the fact that they read my profile will go along way. I recieved one email that it asked me what was my name. Had they actually read my profile it would have been the first thing that they would have seen. The second factor the influences my response is their profile. Have they taken the time to fill in the information or have they left a lot of blanks. Have they taken the time to fill out the description area. I don't expect to see a life story, but please take the time to put down more than just one line. It is not always easy to figure what to put in that area, but please at least take the time and the effort to put something down. The third factor that influences my response is interests. If the OP shares no common interest, parties every night, I am sorry but then I do not see any common ground.

6/21/2009 4:26:43 AM Conversation starters, what works and doesn't  

justawench
Roseville, MI

I mostly agree.. however if I see that a person is new I will write back to say hey why dont you put a pic up or fill out the rest of the profile then write me back.. I remember how sometimes you get excited about a new web site and want to get started right away.

6/21/2009 4:52:49 AM Conversation starters, what works and doesn't  
huronearth
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (11,078)
Beulah, MI

"In Germany, they came first for the Communists, And I didn’t speak up because I wasn’t a Communist;

And then they came for the trade unionists, And I didn’t speak up because I wasn’t a trade unionist;

And then they came for the Jews, And I didn’t speak up because I wasn’t a Jew;

And then... they came for me... And by that time there was no one left to speak up."

This did not work. I sent it to three different ladies and got no response.

6/21/2009 8:04:45 AM Conversation starters, what works and doesn't  

justawench
Roseville, MI

yes I can see there might be lack of response on that one unless maybe an I am sorry?

6/21/2009 8:16:51 AM Conversation starters, what works and doesn't  
lighthouselady1
Over 1,000 Posts (1,858)
West Bloomfield, MI

LOL, Huron.

so my proposal is this.. tell us your least favorite line and what would have been better.

My least favorite email....'Tell me about yourself'

Next time I'm gonna write, 'I was born a poor black child'

6/21/2009 9:26:24 AM Conversation starters, what works and doesn't  
billybong32
Redford, MI

LOL, Huron.

My least favorite email....'Tell me about yourself'

Next time I'm gonna write, 'I was born a poor black child'

Your responses are frikin awesome lol

This thread is disappointing to me though, I have been debating on asking someone out here on DH and now I feel like I will screw it up

6/21/2009 9:28:34 AM Conversation starters, what works and doesn't  
yourfiend
Over 2,000 Posts (2,947)
Bay City, MI

just have a definate plan, asking "hey you want to do something friday is not going to get it.

6/21/2009 4:03:42 PM Conversation starters, what works and doesn't  

realguy238
Haslett, MI

I saw a woman who was dressed quite strikingly the other day. In particular she had some amazing shoes on.

I was not trying to start conversation at all but as I passed her I honestly said "very nice shoes." I can't explain the look I got back but it was as if she'd spotted a particularly nasty insect.

Perhaps she'd simply been getting way too much attention that day? She was a little overdressed for the workplace I suppose, or maybe some executive secretary (or exec herself) I'm not familiar with.

Or maybe she was just lost.

[Edited 6/21/2009 4:04:16 PM ]

6/21/2009 5:19:47 PM Conversation starters, what works and doesn't  

justawench
Roseville, MI

realguy it could very well be the person she dressed to the 9's for didnt notice then you did and it was a look of frustration. I know I have gone out and bought some awsome shoes and had someone say arnt they the ones you always wear. dont stop complimenting a ladies taste in shoes, haircut, glasses. just think her loss for not appreciating it.

6/21/2009 6:17:10 PM Conversation starters, what works and doesn't  

redwine1230
Davisburg, MI

Kidding aside..starting a conversation can be tricky. Don't not try even if it is corny. For if you don't try you will never actually get to meet anyone. I for one will always appreciate humor.

6/22/2009 2:46:32 PM Conversation starters, what works and doesn't  

justawench
Roseville, MI

humor is great.. a tastefull joke can really lighten things up. most important be yourself, be original, use spellcheck.. its just like if you were going on a first date you would shower, shave and wear clean clothes (one hopes) so making an effort for the first email counts for much.

6/22/2009 2:59:32 PM Conversation starters, what works and doesn't  
lighthouselady1
Over 1,000 Posts (1,858)
West Bloomfield, MI

Just got an email from a guy in Minnesota that says ' I'd like to know more about you'.

And that was it.

What, is this the new pick up line?
I emailed one user back and asked him to pick his category.

Early life
Formative years
Work history
Marriage and Relationships
Vehicle Ownership
Places I've been to
Medical History
Ethnic Background.

6/22/2009 3:25:31 PM Conversation starters, what works and doesn't  

justawench
Roseville, MI

yes I got one from spain... and me without a passport.

6/22/2009 4:52:38 PM Conversation starters, what works and doesn't  
lighthouselady1
Over 1,000 Posts (1,858)
West Bloomfield, MI

A guy in New York.....hey hey hey lol

There seems to be a derth of inventiveness.

6/22/2009 5:12:28 PM Conversation starters, what works and doesn't  
nudistfriend
East Lansing, MI

Women should spend more time starting the conversations. Stop waiting for us. Men just don't know what to say.

Besides, what man knows what a women wants, unless she tells him in plain english?

6/22/2009 5:20:51 PM Conversation starters, what works and doesn't  
09mopar
West Bloomfield, MI

Quote from nudistfriend:

Besides, what man knows what a women wants, unless she tells him in plain english?

Even then most us of us will somehow manage to put our foot in our mouth in the first 5 minutes ... so ...

6/22/2009 5:40:02 PM Conversation starters, what works and doesn't  
lighthouselady1
Over 1,000 Posts (1,858)
West Bloomfield, MI

Oh, come on, you lazy guys. Put some thought into it.

Dear (blank),
You look like someone I would love to know!

We have a lot of common interests (please read profile and list).

Have you been to Comerica Park yet this year?
Who's your favorite baseball player?

(The above takes a little thought. You have to actually read the profile and devise a question.
DISCLAIMER - Asking a question (pertinent, please) invites an answer.)

I love your pictures....especially (fill in the blank).

Please write back!

(Try the above sometime) (Keep it clean)

6/22/2009 5:45:30 PM Conversation starters, what works and doesn't  

rchasesdad
Howell, MI

Light? You mean something like this would not work....

You know what would look good on you? Me!!!

You mean those cheesy lines don't cut it???

6/22/2009 5:51:42 PM Conversation starters, what works and doesn't  

justawench
Roseville, MI

I think we should just give the ones credit who do write.. doesnt sound like many are even brave enough to man up and make the first move.

6/22/2009 5:53:16 PM Conversation starters, what works and doesn't  
lighthouselady1
Over 1,000 Posts (1,858)
West Bloomfield, MI

Mark, if a man was 300 lbs....he wouldn't look good 'on' anyone.

6/22/2009 6:45:35 PM Conversation starters, what works and doesn't  
lefty247
Swartz Creek, MI

Mark, if a man was 300 lbs....he wouldn't look good 'on' anyone.

So all that BS about inner beauty is really just BS? I'm shocked!

Then what about a 200 man? How about 250? Where will we draw the line here?

[Edited 6/22/2009 6:45:56 PM ]

6/22/2009 6:58:29 PM Conversation starters, what works and doesn't  
lighthouselady1
Over 1,000 Posts (1,858)
West Bloomfield, MI

6/22/2009 9:33:13 PM Conversation starters, what works and doesn't  
nudistfriend
East Lansing, MI

Common interests are totally over rated. Adding someone into your life is supposed to include their interests into your life as well, and vice versa. It expands who you are. Looking for common interests is just limiting what's in your life, rather than expanding your horizons.

Tom

6/22/2009 9:53:33 PM Conversation starters, what works and doesn't  

shutterbug_80
Over 1,000 Posts (1,256)
Howell, MI

Quote from nudistfriend:
Common interests are totally over rated. Adding someone into your life is supposed to include their interests into your life as well, and vice versa. It expands who you are. Looking for common interests is just limiting what's in your life, rather than expanding your horizons.

Tom

I disagree with common interest being over rated. I do believe that it helps if there are somethings that both people enjoy doing. It gives you some common ground in a realationship to be able to start off with. I am not saying that all interest have to match up, how many guys out there like to play the hammered dulcimer, let alone know what it is. Not saying that there are not any, but it is not what is considered to be mainstream. Yes incorporating someone elses interest into your life, or at least giving those interest a chance can add to who you are. Doesn't mean that I like doing something that someone else does, but I might give it a try and if not I accept that as part of who they are.

6/23/2009 10:37:10 AM Conversation starters, what works and doesn't  
nudistfriend
East Lansing, MI

I don't mean to belittle common interests. They are good. But I think there is too much focus on them before any relationship could even begin to happen, thereby preventing even trying to start a friendship with someone in the first place. But I would never doubt the value of shared interests otherwise. It just doesn't make sense to me to use them as a filter as much as it is done. Relationships shouldn't be treated like a business transaction, but it feels to me like that's kinda what happens when we look at profiles and try to decide who we might like to spend time with based on how good someone is at bs, and I think focusing too much on common interests can become part of that dilema.

By the way,
I like dulcimers. I don't know how to play them, but I think I would enjoy making them. I hear they're pretty big in Tennessee.

Tom

6/23/2009 10:48:39 AM Conversation starters, what works and doesn't  

smartazzjohn
Troy, MI

Quote from realguy238:
I saw a woman who was dressed quite strikingly the other day. In particular she had some amazing shoes on.

I was not trying to start conversation at all but as I passed her I honestly said "very nice shoes." I can't explain the look I got back but it was as if she'd spotted a particularly nasty insect.

Perhaps she'd simply been getting way too much attention that day? She was a little overdressed for the workplace I suppose, or maybe some executive secretary (or exec herself) I'm not familiar with.

Or maybe she was just lost.

Ummmmmmm didn't you ever hear the old pickup line "Nice shoes, wanna f--K?"

Maybe she had heard it before? Did you make an without knowing it?

6/23/2009 1:50:46 PM Conversation starters, what works and doesn't  

asfarasiam
Potterville, MI

Oh, come on, you lazy guys. Put some thought into it.

Dear (blank),
You look like someone I would love to know!

We have a lot of common interests (please read profile and list).

Have you been to Comerica Park yet this year?
Who's your favorite baseball player?

(The above takes a little thought. You have to actually read the profile and devise a question.
DISCLAIMER - Asking a question (pertinent, please) invites an answer.)

I love your pictures....especially (fill in the blank).

Please write back!

(Try the above sometime) (Keep it clean)

I send this or a reasonable facsimilie out more often than not. I include something from her profile... BUT I'll never use the word LOVE in an e-mail it's too over the top for someone you haven't met.

One lady had a pic of what looked like her staring at her shoes, I kinda made a crack about her being into grunge music or having a tendency towards being Emo and that I got kicked outta my grunge band because I had gotten fat and couldn't see my shoes anymore... and guess what... Yup I got ignored. SHit I thought it was pretty funny. I asked some other Q's also but...

6/23/2009 2:16:24 PM Conversation starters, what works and doesn't  

justawench
Roseville, MI

ummm I suspect she thought you were making fun of her.. that and I suppose a girl might not want to hear the guy cant even see his own toes... just a thought

also if a guy says I would love to take you to dinner, I love your (eyes, hair, smile, perspective on life, sense of humor.. ) all ok shows he is not afraid of the word not that he is going to be parking outside our house and watching us 24/7

if a guy says I read your profile and I think I am in love.. thats over the top and going to get you blocked if you write again... its either desperate or potential stalker and either way we run.

6/23/2009 2:21:40 PM Conversation starters, what works and doesn't  
lighthouselady1
Over 1,000 Posts (1,858)
West Bloomfield, MI

HEY! If a guy wants to say I read your profile and think I'm in love....I am ALL for it!

Sunnabeach probably lives in Tennessee, or Texas, and has no picture.

6/23/2009 3:15:27 PM Conversation starters, what works and doesn't  

asfarasiam
Potterville, MI

Quote from justawench:
ummm I suspect she thought you were making fun of her.. that and I suppose a girl might not want to hear the guy cant even see his own toes... just a thought

I was hoping for an explanation for the picture not that I asked her out or anything, and you can tell from my pics I can see my shoes, I'm sure I wasn't her "type" (for whatever reason) or she'd have replied cause I'm just that great

6/23/2009 3:22:36 PM Conversation starters, what works and doesn't  
lighthouselady1
Over 1,000 Posts (1,858)
West Bloomfield, MI

There is a man on here who has only a pic of his shoes.

It has never occurred to me to email and find out why.

6/23/2009 3:28:15 PM Conversation starters, what works and doesn't  

asfarasiam
Potterville, MI

Fine, I'll go stand in the corner. Feel Better?

6/23/2009 3:36:24 PM Conversation starters, what works and doesn't  

justawench
Roseville, MI

we are not harassing you btw.. just explaining the thought process... and I have met enough guys with a 15 year old pic not to assume anything on looks. humor can fall flat via email believe me I know

6/23/2009 3:38:13 PM Conversation starters, what works and doesn't  
lighthouselady1
Over 1,000 Posts (1,858)
West Bloomfield, MI

6/24/2009 9:12:23 AM Conversation starters, what works and doesn't  

asfarasiam
Potterville, MI

If every picture tells a story... and 2 pictures are taken of the persons face and torso and another looks like they put the camera to their eye, looked down at their feet and snapped a pic... which one of these is not like the other? Her profile had some interesting things in it so I sent a message... and wanted to hear the story.

But, since this thred is about what works and what doesn't... this didn't work and it is aparently crazy to even put that kind of thought into checking out a persons profile, You know the whole "I want someone that wants me for my mind" thing?

6/24/2009 9:54:32 AM Conversation starters, what works and doesn't  

asfarasiam
Potterville, MI

So would this work if I sent it out to a woman?

Hello

You sound very interesting. Tell me some more.........

If you are interested in knowing more about me, I'll elaborate.

Hugs

XXX

I responded but I wonder if it were the other way around... just cureous

6/24/2009 2:23:40 PM Conversation starters, what works and doesn't  
teacher789
Over 2,000 Posts (3,465)
Howell, MI

Okay... true story, just happened today and is TOTALLY the fault of this thread!

Some guy sent an email saying that my eyes "dripped sex" but then said something cute about snuggling. Because of this thread I thought that maybe the poor guy was just trying to be cute. I checked out his profiled, some sweet, some funny. So I replied saying that I was going to just delete him, thinking he was asking for sex, but he at least deserved an answer. That's when he came back with, "I WAS asking for sex!". He later followed through with a request for a blow job! This is why we don't respond to a lot of emails. Guys... some of the the jerk offs on this site, and others, are ruining it for the good ones. I'm limiting myself to men I've actually met, seen interacting with real people and have observed for a while. Sorry but THAT's exactly why I'm deleting unwanted emails for a while!