Select your best hookup:
Local
Gay
Asian
Latin
East Europe

mega personsls

Simply because the initial impression people today have of a prospective date are pictures and a description, it s hard to type an accurate initial impression. alpharetta singles bar A current update also added DateNight, a live streamed dating game. The slower strategy is about constructing trust and rapport. adultsearch.com If you have credits, you can develop a profile, upload some pictures, and browse the profiles, but that s all.

mega personls

Hinge s platform is interesting in that it prompts customers to like or comment on a specific section of the other person s profile. klamath falls singles It has been the practice of the Church to marry non Catholics and Catholics for fairly some time. In spite of all the hard dates that the Adore Difficult creators drew inspiration from, Ewing has also had some actually sweet dating experiences that became bits in the film as nicely. listcrawler black dynamite 1 particular person encouraging you in your stroll with Jesus.

Home  Sign In  Search  Date Ideas  Join  Forums  Singles Groups

7/22/2009 8:46:33 PM What's wrong with my dog  
venicechick
Los Angeles, CA

Whats wrong with my dog he keeps licking or bitting his foot .Last year it was his leg. What can I put on it that he wont lick off that will help him to heal

7/22/2009 9:58:45 PM What's wrong with my dog  
justacountrygal
Catskill, NY

sounds like it's probably a hot spot
your vet can probably advise you best

7/23/2009 11:03:25 AM What's wrong with my dog  

chatte09
Linden, NJ

Could be an allergy. If it happened att he same time last year, it could be seasonal allergies. If it happens regularly, it could be a food allergy.

I have to disagree with the vet advice. The vet will just flood him with steroids to stop the itching. Instead, call the vet and ask what the dose of Benedryl would be for your size dog. You can also apply Neosporin is the area is getting raw and irritated.

7/23/2009 6:28:46 PM What's wrong with my dog  

devilangel24
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (11,561)
Stillwater, OK

I don't recommend benedryle at all. Dogs don't have as strong as stomache as humans, so it's not really good for them. Also if the dog is licking or biting, then it's just going to lick any medicene you put on there, unless you cover it up. I recommend using horse leg wrap for the dog and perhaps going to petco or petsmart and getting a cone to put around it's head while it heals...if you do that, then you don't need to wrap it.

How old is the dog?

Did the problem just start this past year?

Do you keep the same brand of dog food?

Is this dog outside alot and did it happen around the same time last year?

It also could be something as simple as a flea problem, be sure to use frontline or whichever you use, and bomb the house. I have bombed my house 2 times in the last two weeks, because the bombs do not kill the flea eggs, so I wait a couple weeks for them to hatch and do it again.

If you dog has long hair..or a dense undercoat then it could be a hot spot, Treatment must be directed at stopping the growth of the hot spot and eliminating the cause. In many dogs the initial cause is fleas, but lesions below the ear often indicate an ear infection, those near the hip may be the result of an anal gland infection, and so on. Whatever the cause, if it can be detected, it must be treated while the hot spot is being treated.

The first step in treating hot spots is clipping the hair over and surrounding the lesion. This allows air to get into the inflamed tissue and makes it easier to treat. The surface of the lesion is then cleaned with a non-irritating solution such as dilute Nolvasan solution. To help the lesion heal desiccating powders such as Burows solution (Domeboro powder and water) are often then applied. If the dog is very sensitive this may need to be done under sedation. In more severe cases the animal may be placed on oral antibiotics and given painkillers and anti-inflammatories such as buffered aspirin or steroids. (Do NOT give your cat aspirin unless prescribed by your veterinarian.)

We also need to prevent the dog from traumatizing the area even more. Elizabethan collars may be used if the lesion is on the top of the head, for instance. Nails can be clipped and socks can be put on the hind feet to reduce trauma from possible scratching.

Hope this has helped.

7/24/2009 2:02:24 PM What's wrong with my dog  

alrose
West Point, GA

I have poodles, but work with all types of rescues. I keep them on sentenile year round. But use Something like Advantage pro during the spring & summer for fleas and ticks. I also fog my house often. I have the things in the walls for bug prevention. The woods & grass,have fleas and ticks. Squirrels are covered in both. I've always kept Benadryl for itching. My vet told me to use 25 mg. for my dogs that are over 5 pounds. I also use Bag Balm. It has no alcohol. My dogs will clean their feet or gnaw out of boredom, if their fur tickles them, to clean, or to seek attention. I always let the dogs jump over in the tub every night. I clean their eyes, wash their feet, clean their butts & UMMM's! Then I use just a wet cloth and go over their hair to remove any lose hairs. I also check their ears for ticks. This is my signal to let them know, play time is over, ect. I've found if I take the time to do this, it calms them down. Your dog may have hair like poodles and is just cleaning itself. If it enough to worry you, then I'd call the vet. BTW, my dogs have not had ticks, but I have found several on me. I joked with my vet about starting me on a prevenative med!

Also, I use this granuale in the yard to prevent insects. Not sure of the name, but it is safe for pets. I order it from Jeffers, but there is no way I can do all my land, only about an acre around the house.

7/24/2009 2:06:27 PM What's wrong with my dog  

azmetalfan
Mesa, AZ

Go to a Vet to get him looked at. The next is one of those cone collars so he can't get to it.

7/24/2009 7:26:45 PM What's wrong with my dog  

craftygirl002
Over 1,000 Posts (1,797)
Tacoma, WA

Could be a lot of things & may not be at all related to what happened last year. You should check the dog's foot thoroughly. Look at the nails, pads, between the toes, rub the fur the wrong way and look to see if the skin is irritated. Also, methodically move each joint in the ankle and foot to see if he reacts to one in particular. If you are unable to identify a cause, take the dog to the vet to find out for sure.

As a side note, you should always keep a 1st aid kit on hand for your pets. It should be stocked with things like:

Scissors
Gauze
Bandages
First Aid Tape
Cortizone
Neosporin
Styptic Powder & Styptic Pencil
Benadryl (Yes, I know a previous post advised against it, but it can save the life of a pet who is experiencing an allergic reaction.)
Non-buffered aspirin

**For the Benadryl & aspirin, get the correct doses for your pets and write them on the inside of the kit! Also, write the names, numbers and addresses of your regular vet and emergency vet.

If you have a GPS, program in the local emergency vets & save them to the 'favorites' file. That way you'll be able to get there quickly in an emergency.

If you take your dog on an outing, or regularly take them in the car, you should either take the first aid kit from home or keep one in the car.

7/26/2009 7:16:54 AM What's wrong with my dog  
passionsastirin
Pompano Beach, FL

It might be a fungul infection that will get worse if it is not scratched, and, licked.
But, it might be something else that would be better it he did not scratch it. So be careful your intervening could help or harm.