Select your best hookup:
Local
Gay
Asian
Latin
East Europe

what is rubmaps

The next day, I woke up to a text from him generally saying he wasn t interested any longer. dating in goshen indiana Shortly right after, I made up an excuse that I had one thing on so she had to leave. Shortly immediately after we realized there were as well many fences to hop, as a lot of sections of the bridge have been locked. nofap hookup But right after folks began quarantining, she did not see her boyfriend for two weeks.

best websites for hookups uk

If you obtain a 6 month membership, you will get a decreased value of £7. wilmington de singles Women who opt for to propose to their boyfriends are similarly mocked on FDS. Then he proceeds to send me a passive aggressive message about how he was a great guy and was going to block me on all social media! In any case, he s blocked I am glad I didn t meet up with him once more, and I haven t met up with any person from Tinder in a whilst. tumblr hookup sex I was horrified but thankfully the place had loud music.

Home  Sign In  Search  Date Ideas  Join  Forums  Singles Groups  - 100% FREE Online Dating, Join Now!

2/11/2010 9:47:37 PM What do non-Christians think about suicide?  

d_voted
Over 1,000 Posts (1,813)
Winnipeg, MB

At the outset I am well aware that all Christian religions (without exception) consider suicide a sin (for the Catholics it is a Mortal sin - or serious one) and that the generally held belief is that one could not enter heaven if one committed suicide.

If I am mistaken regarding this from any Christian denomination please feel free to correct me on this point.

The question is therefore open to others who are versed in other mainline world religions and the agnostics, atheists and even the satan worshipers. Please identify your position regarding your frame of reference as well so that others may determine how closely or distant their own values are from yours.

The scenario I had considered was one in which a person who knows that they will be a burden upon society or his children makes a calculated choice to put an end to his life. He insures himself well ahead of time and plans the execution (did you like that pun) of his plan to be sure that the two year lapse has passed so that the insurance is in effect. Many considerations must be set in order. A proper will, written up by a lawyer to avoid complications with the dispersement of funds is necessary, the removal of personal effects that no other party is interested in as a 'willed item' (furniture, dishes, tools, clothing, extra sheets and towels etc.) It would be wise to leave as sparce a legacy as possible. It would also be wise if your relatives or friends are not likely to agree with you to keep them in the dark. That means LONG LONG range planning and an attempt to disperse of your material things over the course of time - then commiting your own murder should look like an accident. I won't go into the details about that as it is rather personal and requires one to adjust to one's own taste and flavor. Some like the excitement of walking into a meth-amphetemine drug production house with a belly full of grenades - (sort of the big bang theory in reverse) while others want a more subdued exit. Just remember that accidents are very difficult to stage and have the professionals buy into it so do your homework.

Sorry I am blabbering now. Well - what of it you religious folks, you heathens and you infidels. Who are you and what do you suggest?

Meet singles in your area here at DateHookup.dating, we're 100% free for everything! Join now!
DateHookup.dating - 100% Free Personals

2/11/2010 10:50:55 PM What do non-Christians think about suicide?  

d_voted
Over 1,000 Posts (1,813)
Winnipeg, MB

come on - you're all dead anyways - same as me - time is the only factor and it is a man made concept isn't it?

2/12/2010 3:28:10 AM What do non-Christians think about suicide?  

nerdstatus
Rocklin, CA

I'm not really sure I understand your questions. They're very vague / ambiguous. I may ask well be asking: "What do non-Christians think of earth? What do you suggest?". Both are quite open ended.

2/12/2010 4:02:37 AM What do non-Christians think about suicide?  

clarencec
Over 1,000 Posts (1,618)
South Yorkshire
United Kingdom

My extended family of grandparents, aunts and uncles were always a fractured bunch who didn't get on with each other for one reason or another, with the result that contact between our family and them became sporadic before eventually slowing to a trickle.

In the early nineties, after being shunned and losing contact with her siblings some years earlier, my mum met her youngest sister while out shopping. The sister had gone through a divorce, fallen into alcoholism and was in a desperate state. I think she had pretty much become an outcast.

My mum was shocked by this encounter and her sister's ravaged state and had arranged to meet her a few days later to try and help in some way. The meeting never transpired because my auntie killed herself by hanging a couple of days after the street encounter.

She was 47 years old. That's my closest encounter with suicide. She was an auntie that I don't think I'd seen since the 70's at least, and she killed herself after this meeting with my mum in the early 90's -- might've been 92ish -- I don't have much of a head for facts.

I remember my mother wept bitterly. She loved her family even though there was all this estrangement going on. I still don't fully understand the root of it all..

So maybe I've got some suicidal genes and could be susceptible under the right circumstances. It is something idly pondered from time to time.

None of the available methods appeal, however, especially the one employed by my auntie. It beats me how people can bring themselves to face DIY hangings with thin cords and zero expertise. One considers hanging scenes such as the recent Saddam execution or dramatic portrayals such as the rather good film about Britain's most prolific hangman, Albert Pierrepoint, where the hangman's rope is a thick, padded leather affair that one admiringly muses might provide an almost luxurious sendoff.

Pierrepoint was a craftsman who prided himself on despatching his clients with an attention to detail second to none, ensuring a swift and humane demise. Bodyweight was measured in order to calculate the ideal rope length necessary to deliver a neck snapping drop rather than a slow strangulation or a grisly decapitation. As a further measure toward this end, noose placement was expertly done to ensure the application of a strong lateral force on the upper vertebrae at that crucial moment when the plummeting has to stop.

You can't beat a professional job really, which is why I s'pose there is an argument for suicide to be a legally procurable product..

Fun thread

[Edited 2/12/2010 4:08:28 AM PST]

2/12/2010 5:15:46 AM What do non-Christians think about suicide?  

kinkycapitalist
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (10,855)
Atlanta, GA

We pretty much think it can ruin your entire day.

2/12/2010 5:44:20 AM What do non-Christians think about suicide?  

andhonor
Clackamas, OR

I, believe at times there is nothing wrong with suicide. Murder is one thing, but to take your own life "alone" for your own reasons? At times it should be considered. As for myself, I will only allow myself to deal with things to a point. If, I can no longer life as I believe I want? Then, it's my choice and mine alone. And it's something I've considered for a long time. So, then l learned as much as I wanted to about it. So, I don't have to be going through what "others" think is best for me. And what would God, think? I believe God, would be understanding. I keep in mind, that God was not religious, and that God, did not write any bible. Humans, made them both.

2/12/2010 6:50:29 AM What do non-Christians think about suicide?  

kinkycapitalist
Atlanta, GA

I tried it a couple of times but didn't like it.

2/12/2010 10:57:44 AM What do non-Christians think about suicide?  

mercyjane
Brentwood, TN

I am a Christian and I do not believe that suicide is a sin. I have been in the church all my life, but I absolutely do not believe all the things that people (the church) teaches.
How arrogant of anyone, or any religion to think "they" got it right.

I believe that at the moment a person decides to take his life theew is crystal clear clarity that it is the only answer.
Is staying alive braver; probably not.
Deciding to live just affords you the potential for a less sucky life.

[Edited 2/12/2010 10:58:22 AM PST]

2/12/2010 2:18:40 PM What do non-Christians think about suicide?  

mr_crowley
Over 4,000 Posts! (6,075)
Aynor, SC

1st of all insurance doesn't pay for suicide.

2nd and I told you this twice already.
There's no such thing as a "satan worshipper".
There are devil worshippers(I'm presuming they bow to the guy on the hot sauce bottles) and there are Satanists.
Satanists, don't believe in, or worship, any deities.
Instead they emulate the behaviors of the biblical "satan", while looking at the bible as metaphorical, rather then literal.(kind of gnostic)
Satan is a symbol, how hard is that to understand?
To quote the master, "Why worship satan, when I can be all he was and more?"

"DO WHAT THOU WILT SHALL BE THE WHOLE OF THE LAW."

DER MENSCH IST GOTT

2/12/2010 2:29:47 PM What do non-Christians think about suicide?  

kinkycapitalist
Atlanta, GA

Insurance DOES pay for suicide if past the 2 year contestible period.

2/12/2010 2:42:59 PM What do non-Christians think about suicide?  

mr_crowley
Aynor, SC

I was an underwriter for all state for a year and I know for a fact that they didn't pay for suicide in any case(at least in 91) and they had attorneys and investigaters for murder cases. Solely to disprove their liability in the case.

DER MENSCH IST GOTT

2/12/2010 2:48:07 PM What do non-Christians think about suicide?  
manicmantis
County Armagh, N. Ireland
United Kingdom

Suicide is painless. It brings on many changes, and I can take or leave it if I please

2/12/2010 2:54:53 PM What do non-Christians think about suicide?  

xashax
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (11,457)
Union, NH

M*A*S*H! I had to think about it for a second. Have you ever seen their "Last Supper" rendition?

2/12/2010 2:56:57 PM What do non-Christians think about suicide?  

mr_crowley
Aynor, SC

"Someday they'll be a cure for pain. That's the day I'll throw my drugs away"

MORPHINE(the band not the drug)-"Cure for pain"

DER MENSCH IST GOTT

2/12/2010 4:00:28 PM What do non-Christians think about suicide?  

kinkycapitalist
Atlanta, GA

Wrong again Crowley. I practiced in Illinois both law and insurance and All State, an Illinois based company, certainly does and did, in 1991, pay for suicides, after 2 years of in-force coverage as do almost all policies. The one glaring exception is for employee group policies. All individaul policies, including All State covers after 2 years.

[Edited 2/12/2010 4:00:43 PM PST]

2/12/2010 4:06:57 PM What do non-Christians think about suicide?  

mr_crowley
Aynor, SC

I know your wrong, because it was written in every policy I sold that they DID NOT PAY FOR SUICIDE
AND!, that any and all murder muder claims were subject to investigation.
Maybe the point your missing is that regulation varies from state to state.

DER MENSCH IST GOTT

2/12/2010 4:09:44 PM What do non-Christians think about suicide?  

mindovermatter6
Over 1,000 Posts (1,724)
Waterford, MI

The guy sitting to my right say's "natural selection?" What ever that means.
He's a non-Christian.

2/12/2010 5:49:27 PM What do non-Christians think about suicide?  

xashax
Union, NH

I guess I should try to answer this question. I would prefer that people not take their own lives but I dont feel I have any leverage or ability to deprive someone of this right if they have made up their mind. Its an issue of personal freedom. in my opinion.

2/12/2010 6:40:27 PM What do non-Christians think about suicide?  

kinkycapitalist
Atlanta, GA

The incontestability clause states that after the policy -- whether it be term or whole life -- has been in force for a certain length of time, the company can no longer contest or void it except for nonpayment of premiums. This length of time is typically two years (although it's one year in a handful of states).

If the insurance company discovers any grounds to void the policy during the contestable period, it's allowed to take such action. But once the policy has been in force for the specified period -- even if fraud is discovered -- the company can no longer void the policy. The policy therefore becomes incontestable after the mandated period of time. This provision makes the insurance contract somewhat different from other types of contracts. As a general rule, contract law specifies that if a fraudulent contract has been initiated, it can be voided or cancelled at any time; but after the expiration of the incontestable period this is specifically prohibited with regard to life contracts.

The suicide clause is designed to prevent people who are contemplating taking their own lives from obtaining life insurance. To accomplish this, the clause states that if the insured commits suicide within a specified period of time, the policy will automatically be voided. The amount of time varies, but it's usually the same length as the incontestable period: one or two years. The clause applies whether the insured is sane or insane at the time of the act.

Once the mandated period of time has elapsed, the insurance company must pay the claim even if the insured commits suicide. However, if suicide occurs while the time limit is still in effect, the company will usually only refund any premiums that the policy-owner has paid for the coverage. Accrued interest on the premiums typically won't be refunded, as the company will use it to offset part of its costs in initially setting up the policy.

2/12/2010 9:12:46 PM What do non-Christians think about suicide?  
a_codger
Mountain View, AB

Just wondering if the OP could define his terms when he refers to suicide.

I'm curious whether his definition of suicide includes DNR requests, personal directives for (passive or active) euthanasia, or the refusal of medical treatment/pharmatherapies.

What about smoking cigarettes, overindulging in food-like products and/or torpidity?

Does a request or requirement for assistance, or the speed with which one dispatches oneself, factor into your definition?

-

Am also hoping this thread isn't one of those cries for help one hears about...
If, on the off chance, it is - reach out and touch someone OP...

Manitoba Suicide Line
Crisis: 1-877-435-7170
Hours: 24 hours
Web: http://www.suicideline.ca

Klinic Crisis Line
Crisis: (204) 786-8686

Winnipeg Psychealth Health Sciences Centre - Emergency Department
Crisis: (204) 787-3167

Winnipeg Salvation Army Crisis Stabilization Unit
Crisis: (204) 946-9420

Seneca Help Line - Winnipeg
Crisis: (204) 942-9276

Winnipeg Regional Health Authority Mobile Crisis Service
Crisis: (204) 946-9109
Hours: 24 hours

[Edited 2/12/2010 9:14:14 PM PST]

2/12/2010 9:53:32 PM What do non-Christians think about suicide?  

mr_crowley
Aynor, SC

Kinky, your right, I called the agency owner and he told me that it was in fact a legal claim after the policy had passed 2yrs.
It was worded in the contract like this, though.
ALLSTATE DOES NOT PAY ON CLAIMS INVOLVING SUICIDES with the 2yr mumbo jumbo in tiny writing below.
My bad, I never read that tiny writing, because its all clauses involving legal bullshit that usually just voids any n all of the things they said they cover in the 1st place.

DER MENSCH IST GOTT

2/12/2010 10:32:09 PM What do non-Christians think about suicide?  

mercyjane
Brentwood, TN

Quote from kinkycapitalist:
Wrong again Crowley. I practiced in Illinois both law and insurance and All State, an Illinois based company, certainly does and did, in 1991, pay for suicides, after 2 years of in-force coverage as do almost all policies. The one glaring exception is for employee group policies. All individaul policies, including All State covers after 2 years.

Kinky is right, and I'm speaking from a place of experience unfortunately.

2/12/2010 10:35:09 PM What do non-Christians think about suicide?  
blackhillsgal
Yankton, SD

D,,

some insurance companies have riders of up to 5 years...
some also have clauses even if you ammend your policies...

I know this,,as my Sons death was carbon monixde,,they needed to rule out suicide..
before insurance would cover anything,,as he was 17 and teens do these things,,
but the truck was off and my son was on the ground of the garage with his head propped on a tire,,near the door...anyhow the police needed to investigate,,before they ruled out accidental intoxication..

anyones life is worth more alive to others left behind...than any amount of money
God does not want us to end our lives,,of our own doing..
but some may not get that..God knows...
please if you or anyone you know is contemplating this get help..

2/13/2010 7:05:13 AM What do non-Christians think about suicide?  

kinkycapitalist
Atlanta, GA

Quote from mr_crowley:
Kinky, your right, I called the agency owner and he told me that it was in fact a legal claim after the policy had passed 2yrs.
ALLSTATE DOES NOT PAY ON CLAIMS INVOLVING SUICIDES with the 2yr mumbo jumbo in tiny writing below.
My bad, I never read that tiny writing, because its all clauses involving legal bullshit that usually just voids any n all of the things they said they cover in the 1st place.

DER MENSCH IST GOTT

EVERYPNE! ! ! !

A man exists on DH. While he and I do not agree on much. I recognize, admire and appreciate when one not only has the intellectual curiosity and integrity to look something up, but to admit and correct a misstatement.

Crowley, indeed, earned the MISTER.

2/13/2010 8:17:04 AM What do non-Christians think about suicide?  
mrchris2u
Over 1,000 Posts (1,562)
Hicksville, NY

Always remember to save the last bullet for yourself.

2/13/2010 2:24:48 PM What do non-Christians think about suicide?  

mercyjane
Brentwood, TN

Quote from mrchris2u:
Always remember to save the last bullet for yourself.

No please don't save the last bullet for yourself. It's your problem, use the first bullet on yourself. Most selfish decision you can make is to take others with you.

2/13/2010 2:26:51 PM What do non-Christians think about suicide?  

mercyjane
Brentwood, TN

Quote from mr_crowley:

DER MENSCH IST GOTT

Mr. Crowley is right. I looked at my policy as well, and the two year policy holder info is very small...jerks.

2/14/2010 8:55:17 PM What do non-Christians think about suicide?  

d_voted
Over 1,000 Posts (1,813)
Winnipeg, MB

Now that we have determined that the average policy WILL pay out after the given term has been met the question still remains.

D

PS: very considerate of you codger to provide those agency numbers

2/14/2010 9:02:54 PM What do non-Christians think about suicide?  

d_voted
Over 1,000 Posts (1,813)
Winnipeg, MB

EVERYPNE! ! ! !

A man exists on DH. While he and I do not agree on much. I recognize, admire and appreciate when one not only has the intellectual curiosity and integrity to look something up, but to admit and correct a misstatement.

Crowley, indeed, earned the MISTER.

However, there was no followup apology for the juvenile temper tantrum and rude manners so perhaps instead of MISTER which is assigned for adults one may use the term MASTER which would also serve to fill the grandiosity of his ego at the same time.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha

He is also always baiting someone so we can call him MASTER BAITS. Ha ha ha ha ha

When in Rome - Roam around.
When in Canada - wear a parka
When in Hell - pretend you're God

2/15/2010 1:49:39 AM What do non-Christians think about suicide?  

xashax
Union, NH

PS: very considerate of you codger to provide those agency numbers

I thought that was in order also. Very nice, Codger.

2/15/2010 1:55:50 AM What do non-Christians think about suicide?  

4thtimer
Winter Springs, FL

Life's a b1cth. Some just don't have what it takes to survive the really rough spots and say "screw you, I'm outa here!".

2/15/2010 6:42:02 AM What do non-Christians think about suicide?  
sage_way
Over 2,000 Posts (3,253)
Buenos Aires
Argentina

Simply put..........suicide is wrong! The taking of any life is.....wrong! Especially your own.

I think suicide is a very selfish act and I do not expect people to understand that, unless they have personally seen someone shoot themselves in the head or been a member of the immediate family to such a person.

When I hear of such thoughts I will not enable the person who would consider this......I say, have at it. Stop talking about it and just do it......."go ahead, do your self in" "more breathing air for the rest of us". To me......talking about suicide from the person considering it, is taking away from the people who really need the help. The ones who don't talk about it....the ones who are blinded and lost within their own thoughts. Those are the ones I am concerned with.

....and for those who say "life sucks", well I say.......you don't have a clue! "If you don't like what your doing, then change what you do!"

JMO on a very bad subject...

2/15/2010 6:54:16 AM What do non-Christians think about suicide?  

kinkycapitalist
Atlanta, GA

Talking about selfish. When the family or friends of the deceased, call him/her selfish for offing themselves, well that seems a bit self centered and selfish on the part of the casual observing family memeber or friend.

It takes some chutzpa to think that offing myself is more about you than me.

2/15/2010 6:57:33 AM What do non-Christians think about suicide?  

wolfyhp
Over 1,000 Posts (1,653)
Atascadero, CA

I believe in reincarnation. (will discuss that in a thread on that topic.) For me, suicide is stupid for several reasons:

1. You won't escape your challenges. If you need those challenges to grow, you will get them again in one form or another the next time around. You won't be any better prepared for them then either.

2. You hurt an awful lot of people. If there is anyone who loves you even the slightest, they are hurt by your death. If there are people whom you were meant to help, they are hurt by your death to the degree they needed help. If there is no one who loves you even a bit, and that's doubtful, you hurt those who have to find your remains and who have to process them.

I do not believe that "God" chooses our time of death, per se. God may put a time limit for whatever reason, and God may guide us away from, or through, harmful situations which could lead to our death. However, I don't think God usually picks when we die. At the same time, I don't think it is for us to pick when we die either. I don't think we're "punished" for "taking God's job" as I've seen it put by some, even non-Christians.

In fact, I don't believe in a reward/punishment system as such. Again, perhaps I'll go more into detail about that in a reincarnation thread. For this discussion it's good enough to say that the fact that you were able to choose suicide means you need to be taught not to give up and other important lessons relating to that action, including less selfishness and more humility in many cases.

Yes, it is a selfish act in MOST cases. It is purely about self and the suffering of the self. There are rare instances when someone does it for someone else, but it is almost always a selfish act. Either way, it's a non-solution. It causes more problems and doesn't fix any.

That said, if someone is terminally ill and suffering greatly, I can't say what the right decision for them is. Some could argue that one could hold out hope for a miracle cure from God or from science, but that's so easy to say when one isn't in the situation. I think then it has to be up to the individual heart. I haven't blamed those 2 in my life who had to make that decision, one chose one way the other chose the other. One said they didn't want to burden us with their suffering and medical bills, the other felt they didn't want to burden us with their sudden loss and wanted as much time left with us as possible. They had to make the choice for themselves. I hope it's a choice with which I am never faced, nor any of us. *knock on wood*

Namaste

[Edited 2/15/2010 7:02:28 AM PST]

2/15/2010 7:02:18 AM What do non-Christians think about suicide?  
sage_way
Over 2,000 Posts (3,253)
Buenos Aires
Argentina

...and I see it the other way around kink.

People who just randomly decide "that's it, I am outta here" ...are thinking of no one but themselves. And also are often trying to hurt those who they say that they love. Sure, they can try to justify it in their own minds by saying to themselves that they are doing some great favor for someone else....but to me, that is just delusional thinking. Its a messy deal, which is why I say.......its all very wrong!!

[Edited 2/15/2010 7:03:38 AM PST]

2/15/2010 7:04:41 AM What do non-Christians think about suicide?  

wolfyhp
Over 1,000 Posts (1,653)
Atascadero, CA

Quote from sage_way:

People who just randomly decide "that's it, I am outta here" ...are thinking of no one but themselves. And also are often trying to hurt those who they say that they love. Sure, they can try to justify it in their own minds but saying to themselves that they are doing some great favor for someone else....but to me, that is just delusional thinking. Its a messy deal, which is why I say.......its all very wrong!!

You're right. I didn't mention those who do it to hurt those who they say they love. Kind of a "In your face, you should have loved me more." It truly is a shameful thing to do when it is about that. It is honestly not usually about that though. I do know that it is at times, especially amongst the stronger cases of bi-polar disorder.

I know you were responding to kinkycapitalist, but I saw the lacking in my own post as well.

[Edited 2/15/2010 7:05:39 AM PST]

2/15/2010 7:14:58 AM What do non-Christians think about suicide?  

kinkycapitalist
Atlanta, GA

Quote from sage_way:

People who just randomly decide "that's it, I am outta here" ...are thinking of no one but themselves. And also are often trying to hurt those who they say that they love. Sure, they can try to justify it in their own minds by saying to themselves that they are doing some great favor for someone else....but to me, that is just delusional thinking. Its a messy deal, which is why I say.......its all very wrong!!

One randomly decides to wear pink today. One randomly decides to have cream of wheat instead of a bagel. One doesn't randomly decide to off themsleves. "F**k, it's Monday, why not kill myself? Tuesday I might go shopping. Wednesday, well I'll think about that Tuesday.

2/15/2010 7:22:29 AM What do non-Christians think about suicide?  
sage_way
Over 2,000 Posts (3,253)
Buenos Aires
Argentina

One randomly decides to wear pink today. One randomly decides to have cream of wheat instead of a bagel. One doesn't randomly decide to off themsleves. "F**k, it's Monday, why not kill myself? Tuesday I might go shopping. Wednesday, well I'll think about that Tuesday.

right..... and go tell that to the mother and her two children who were standing in the front yard one evening, and who had to watch the husband/father shoot his self in the head during an argument they were having.....BS kinky!

2/15/2010 7:36:26 AM What do non-Christians think about suicide?  

lickerpoet
Hialeah, FL

I am a non-Christian; and I think suicide is wonderful. I highly recommend it to all christians. Why wait and suffer through life....go meet your maker today..right now.
It would sure cut down on the wear and tear of my lions.

too many christians, not enough lions.

2/15/2010 5:20:06 PM What do non-Christians think about suicide?  
sage_way
Over 2,000 Posts (3,253)
Buenos Aires
Argentina

For Kelly and Ray....May God bless you both!!

2/15/2010 7:36:16 PM What do non-Christians think about suicide?  

mercyjane
Brentwood, TN

Yeah Sage, like that person at that moment was thinking of the best thing he/she could do to ruin your day. Sorry but the depth that response showed clears up who the selfish one is.

[Edited 2/15/2010 7:38:40 PM PST]

2/16/2010 3:43:27 AM What do non-Christians think about suicide?  
sage_way
Over 2,000 Posts (3,253)
Buenos Aires
Argentina

Quote from mercyjane:
Yeah Sage, like that person at that moment was thinking of the best thing he/she could do to ruin your day. Sorry but the depth that response showed clears up who the selfish one is.

....and who are you? I don't believe we have had words before...

Just for reference though, my day was not ruined..........however I know of one woman and the two little girls who's day/life was not only ruined, but forever changed by the selfishness of one man.

who ever you are miss mercyjane I do not know and you definitely do not know me, so it would behoove you to not make assumptions as to who I am, how I feel or what I believe.

2/16/2010 10:01:24 AM What do non-Christians think about suicide?  

tgwb_gary
Over 2,000 Posts (3,131)
Quakertown, PA

Maybe a little introduction is in order, MercyJane, this is Sage_Way, Sage_Way this is Mercy Jane...

I think her point was in agreement with you Sage_Way... And some people are just going to jump in and get their feet wet, let's see if MercyJane comes back to continue being a friend or if she is going to run away...

Be all of us...

Be Blessed...

The subject matter at hand is very personal and touches very close to home, I watched my wife threaten suicide and then I was lied to about my father and his death which was suicide maybe even murder! And the possible killer even threatened to kill me!

These types of people have no eternal soul, they are all dead in spirit.

[Edited 2/16/2010 10:05:09 AM PST]

2/16/2010 10:22:56 AM What do non-Christians think about suicide?  

lickerpoet
Hialeah, FL

yo, tgwb gary....the heck with sage way...introduce me to MercyJane...mercy mercy mercy
me...things aint't what they used to be.....she is one fine example of womanhood..
what was that you said..she's a christian..well, Gary...there's a time and a place for
everything..

For everything there is a season,
And a time for every matter under heaven:
A time to be born, and a time to die;
A time to plant, and a time to pluck up what is planted;
A time to kill, and a time to heal;
A time to break down, and a time to build up;
A time to weep, and a time to laugh;
A time to mourn, and a time to dance;
A time to throw away stones, and a time to gather stones together;
A time to embrace, And a time to refrain from embracing;
A time to seek, and a time to lose;
A time to keep, and a time to throw away;
A time to tear, and a time to sew;
A time to keep silence, and a time to speak;
A time to love, and a time to hate,
A time for war, and a time for peace.

Ecclesiastes 3:1-8

.I've chained my lions in the backyard...welcome to the religion forum
MercyJane....may good always bless you.

2/16/2010 12:10:14 PM What do non-Christians think about suicide?  

tgwb_gary
Over 2,000 Posts (3,131)
Quakertown, PA

Quote from lickerpoet:
yo, tgwb gary....the heck with sage way...introduce me to MercyJane...mercy mercy mercy
me...things aint't what they used to be.....she is one fine example of womanhood..
what was that you said..she's a christian..well, Gary...there's a time and a place for
everything..

For everything there is a season,
And a time for every matter under heaven:
A time to be born, and a time to die;
A time to plant, and a time to pluck up what is planted;
A time to kill, and a time to heal;
A time to break down, and a time to build up;
A time to weep, and a time to laugh;
A time to mourn, and a time to dance;
A time to throw away stones, and a time to gather stones together;
A time to embrace, And a time to refrain from embracing;
A time to seek, and a time to lose;
A time to keep, and a time to throw away;
A time to tear, and a time to sew;
A time to keep silence, and a time to speak;
A time to love, and a time to hate,
A time for war, and a time for peace.

Ecclesiastes 3:1-8

P.S. I've chained my lions in the backyard...welcome to the religion forum
MercyJane....may good always bless you.

I love that song, and I would never put anyone behind Sage_Way she is the class of the field one to aspire to in light and love...

MercyJane will have to introduce herself the rest is all up to her...

Que Donny and Marie!

2/16/2010 3:02:59 PM What do non-Christians think about suicide?  

kinkycapitalist
Atlanta, GA

Actually, the pretty lady from TN was agreeing with me, the OP. One might ask Sage if, to quote are late, great president. "W", Didthe "suicider" know and intentionally off himself in front of his kids are did they just happent to see the last act of a deperate man?

If the suicider, did it on purpose, than, the family didn't loose much.

2/16/2010 3:24:30 PM What do non-Christians think about suicide?  

sun_shine51
Over 4,000 Posts! (4,213)
West Monroe, LA

I have mixed views on "Suicide"... But God will be the final judge.
Example:
Many commit suicide because of constant "bullying."
This 18 yr old senior committed suicide because of this, recently.
She had low self-esteem and was severely depressed, because
nothing was being done to help her. She shot herself in the head.

Do I believe she sinned? No, why? She was mentally ill.
Many people are severely mentally ill and are not getting the help
they need to help them overcome.
But in the end, God will be the
judge of who were mentally ill, severely depressed, or did it
out of revenge and anger.

2/16/2010 3:29:02 PM What do non-Christians think about suicide?  

liberallady
Over 1,000 Posts (1,605)
Lodi, CA

Unfortunately anyone can think of suicide when they are feeling bad. Suicide spans all the religions and non religious communities.

2/17/2010 10:11:10 PM What do non-Christians think about suicide?  

mercyjane
Brentwood, TN

Quote from sage_way:
....and who are you? I don't believe we have had words before...

Just for reference though, my day was not ruined..........however I know of one woman and the two little girls who's day/life was not only ruined, but forever changed by the selfishness of one man.

who ever you are miss mercyjane I do not know and you definitely do not know me, so it would behoove you to not make assumptions as to who I am, how I feel or what I believe.

Sage, I responded to what you wrote, not who you are.
I lost a family member to suicide and I can guarantee you that he never hurt anyone in his life. He wasn't selfish, he was exhausted with the struggle.

You said, "You don't know me", true. You said, "it would behoove you to not makes assumptions, as to who I am, how I fell, or what I believe". Exactly, and you don't know what was is in the heart and mind of those desperate people.

Gary, that was so nice, tyvm. I was agreeing with you Kinky,

[Edited 2/17/2010 10:20:15 PM PST]

2/18/2010 4:13:46 AM What do non-Christians think about suicide?  
sage_way
Over 2,000 Posts (3,253)
Buenos Aires
Argentina

Quote from mercyjane:

Exactly, and you don't know what was is in the heart and mind of those desperate people.

Oh contrar'....I know Exactly what was going through Rays mind....back off, you don't know me!

2/18/2010 7:23:58 AM What do non-Christians think about suicide?  

freethinker2112
Over 2,000 Posts (2,630)
Rockwall, TX

Quote from mindovermatter6:
The guy sitting to my right say's "natural selection?" What ever that means.
He's a non-Christian.

the guy to your right is right.
In a way it is a form of natural selection. imo

2/18/2010 5:19:45 PM What do non-Christians think about suicide?  

tgwb_gary
Over 2,000 Posts (3,131)
Quakertown, PA

Quote from sage_way:
Oh contrar'....I know Exactly what was going through Rays mind....back off, you don't know me!

For some we can know what was in the mind of the offender of suicide, it is like I can read what Sage has written and understand that the one who committed suicide (Ray) has wounded her friends (Ray's wife Kelly and the two children) -- A very touchy subject for Sage --

Similar to learn that my Father and Step mother were in battle over the care of my Grandmother and he ended up with a form of mouth cancer and committed suicide by shooting himself in the head. My stepmother lied to me and my family about so many details, the police didn't do anything to put right the wrongs, they helped my stepmother to abscond with my Grandmother and her property. My father was weak minded after abusing me his mental illness got worse fought with him and urged him to commit suicide. I even have a witness to my father being distraught over these issues and together our hands were tied by the corruption of the court system and the bureaucracy with the red tape that covered up and benefited the liars once again.

My father could have helped to set the record straight if the liars would have been properly prosecuted.

Who are all the liars involved in the mess of suicide and obstruction of justice? Who is responsible for the oppression of the innocent?

Good people seek to know and help the truth to be known,

Evil breeds contempt,

Some people need to know more showing greater respect to those hurt by the injuries of the injustices that they have suffered, witnessed and endured as the testament told by friends and loved ones.

Sage, I offer you Kelly her Children and Ray -- Hugs and Blessings...

I can feel your pain, I empathize with your experience...

Completely, I would just wrap you up and hold you tight at this moment, the thought is all I can offer...