Select your best hookup:
Local
Gay
Asian
Latin
East Europe

mega personal websites

gov, or by visiting a nearby Oklahoma Functions workplace. men seeking men long island They are funny random questions that will absolutely lighten up the conversation, with no definitely speaking about anything in specific. The answer to this one particular shouldn t be a deal breaker. omegle cybersex logs If she s the sort of girl who could not care significantly less about your money marry her.

skipthegames login

In truth, a lot more than 60 percent of singles said four legged close friends have been the greatest icebreaker when it comes to meeting an individual, according to an August survey of 3,400 A lot of Fish users. craig dating site Give a handful of selections, such as distinct evenings, mix in a daytime solution and sit back and wait. To retain the fire going and bigger it wants both side effort. ncis los angeles cast russian girl Then even though walking me back to my auto, he told me he d asked me out since he has a fetish for tall redheads kicking him in the balls.

Home  Sign In  Search  Date Ideas  Join  Forums  Singles Groups  - 100% FREE Online Dating, Join Now!

2/26/2010 1:42:52 PM Anyone like cake decorating  

blackiekat
Rose Hill, KS

Does anyone like cake decorating? I have been teaching myself and my kids are loving it of course! Any tips on ways to make it easier and prettier? Any favorite designs?

Meet singles in your area here at DateHookup.dating, we're 100% free for everything! Join now!
DateHookup.dating - 100% Free Personals

3/1/2010 7:49:55 PM Anyone like cake decorating  

ajs89
Wichita, KS

It's way hard...
I used to do it at dillon's back in the day.
good luck lol

3/2/2010 1:44:22 PM Anyone like cake decorating  

abe143
Wichita, KS

I like doin it I always do it when I am visiting my nieces and nephews and we have a lit if fun with it most the time we come out very messy but cake always turns out to be amazing
my advise is grab some things I like sprinkles icing hersheys kisses some dark choclate grated and many other assortments of candy ooooooh the thought makes me drool lols

3/2/2010 3:00:02 PM Anyone like cake decorating  

alwaystoolate
Kokomo, IN

wilton books on cake decorating helps

3/3/2010 12:23:50 PM Anyone like cake decorating  

alwaystoolate
Kokomo, IN

op
send me a e-mail with a snail mail address, I will send you a older copy of the wilton book on cake decorating, they cover every thing from kids cartoon character cakes to wedding cakes. I'm making my mother a stand up doll cake for her 85th birthday.

3/13/2010 5:55:21 PM Anyone like cake decorating  

blue_eye_gal
Over 1,000 Posts (1,959)
Brick, NJ

Quote from alwaystoolate:
wilton books on cake decorating helps

These are great! I got mine at AC Moore (an arts and craft store)... they have a nice little cake decorating section. The pictures in the books are great...very instructive...and they tell exactly what tips to use.

I decorated ALL of my childrens birthday cakes... starting 19 years ago when my twins were 1...

I have also done requests for many family members too. I use the Wilton recipes for frostings (found in the back of the books)... and adapted them to my own (made fun cakes like cookies and cream, Lemon cake (and frosting) with a fresh blackberry filling, Apricot Coconut cake, Chocolate hazelnut, and many others

Enjoy...have fun with it...!

3/14/2010 11:34:29 AM Anyone like cake decorating  

blackiekat
Rose Hill, KS

Thanks for the input everyone! So far I have made a yellow chick, a colorful train and a rocking horse. I need to do more practicing soon though because my daughter turns 3 in a month and I want to make her a nice cake for her birthday!

3/14/2010 6:50:17 PM Anyone like cake decorating  

little_moma
Manchester, TN

im a cake designer..my mentor these days is "the cake boss" from ny. awsome work he does..but most of his art work is done with sponge cakes because the cake is easier to work with and sculpt..

3/23/2010 7:53:02 PM Anyone like cake decorating  
doublehugx
Campbell, CA

I have been decorating cakes for a long time, and the best tip I have is to freeze the cake before you frost it. I like to play around with cut outs and different 3-d things. It is a lot of fun. I have stolen ideas from Ace of cakes and use rice krispy treats to get a lot of effects you just can't get with cake. You should post some pics of your cakes. It would be cool to see them!
I am trying to come up with something fun for my daughter's 18th birthday, she expects me to outdo the year before....lol.

3/25/2010 8:56:38 AM Anyone like cake decorating  

shelybean
Garner, NC

I've never had any kind of training for it, but sometimes play around with birthday cakes. Some turn out beautiful...others are just tasty messes LOL. It is a lot of fun to be creative, sometimes just by memory from cakes I've seen others do and some my own ideas.

I watch Ace of Cakes also occasionally and thinking of using some of their tricks with the next birthday cake.

4/1/2010 4:22:20 PM Anyone like cake decorating  

alwaystoolate
Kokomo, IN

[Edited 4/1/2010 4:23:43 PM PST]

4/1/2010 4:31:50 PM Anyone like cake decorating  

alwaystoolate
Kokomo, IN

[/img101msdcfdsc00071]still haven't figured it out.

4/2/2010 2:59:42 PM Anyone like cake decorating  

keepmelaffn
Over 1,000 Posts (1,975)
Orange, CA

I've been decorating for years and years...doing a "Star Wars" birthday cake for my soon to be 7 yr. old grandson in a couple of weeks. I've done some simple wedding cakes some years ago...too busy for all that work now.

Couple of tips from me to you...
Under mixing your cake batter is a big ...I use an electric mixer and beat the batter for about 5 minutes longer than stated in the recipe...
Use a flat lazy susan or turn table...makes the decorating job easier and quicker.
A frozen cake and/or a crumb coated (thin layer of frosting applied and left to dry so crumbs don't come up in the final frost) cake will turn out more attractive for sure!
Use your imagination...I made a hippopotomus cake (by request) out of a "Bert & Ernie" from Sesame Street shaped pan...turned out real cute!

Have fun & don't forget to take pics!

4/3/2010 1:41:34 PM Anyone like cake decorating  

blackiekat
Rose Hill, KS

If I could ever figure out how to get a pic onto the thread I have some good ones to post. I may just load some on my profile instead!

4/3/2010 8:15:41 PM Anyone like cake decorating  

alwaystoolate
Kokomo, IN

I put my mothers cake on my profile lol

4/3/2010 8:31:20 PM Anyone like cake decorating  

utahgal1
Over 7,500 Posts!! (8,713)
Ogden, UT

It's probably too late......but I used to make turtle and bunny rabbit cakes *without the molds*. Lots of fun with colorings and coconuts/candies/licorices added. Maybe next year.

4/4/2010 8:31:43 PM Anyone like cake decorating  

blackiekat
Rose Hill, KS

Today since it was Easter I made a standing rabbit cake. My kids loved it!

4/24/2010 8:56:28 PM Anyone like cake decorating  

ms1958
Lobelville, TN

just have fun with different tips and stuff like candy and mints raisins for eyes sounds like you are talented have a contest with the kids.

4/27/2010 9:28:15 PM Anyone like cake decorating  

blackiekat
Rose Hill, KS

Well, my daughter's birthday has come and gone. Her birthday dinner was homemade pizza and cheese bread sticks. And her birthday cake was a care bear. It is amazing how opinionated a three year old can be! Lol She picked all of the food and cake ideas! She enjoyed her cake. Was so excited to watch me decorate it. It took me an hour but I guess it was worth it since she enjoyed it. I got a few pics of cakes I have made and decorated on my profile. The internet system kept crashing when I tried to post more so those will be for a later day.

4/28/2010 12:52:15 PM Anyone like cake decorating  

alwaystoolate
Kokomo, IN

checked your profile, outstanding cakes, kids make the world fun.

4/28/2010 1:08:33 PM Anyone like cake decorating  

nitecaller
Over 2,000 Posts (3,127)
Edmonton, AB

As a self taught chef id rather be bunch right between my eyes the hand eye coordination the finesses thank god i didn't have many fancy cakes just humming bird-cake,rum cake were the only regular cakes on the menu yes i can do flowers make royal icing,fondant did i like doing it no

4/30/2010 2:04:42 PM Anyone like cake decorating  

ms1958
Lobelville, TN

The cakes on your profile are cute I know the kids loved them. I am opening a bakery in my small town. Before it opens I am making a cake for myself for my rededication at church this sunday and am having red velvet and cream cheese icing (blood and body of christ) I am going to try a bible on top with a verse, Every knee shall bow. If you have any cute bakery ideas to share or any suggestions I will appreciate them from all.

4/30/2010 8:33:48 PM Anyone like cake decorating  

alwaystoolate
Kokomo, IN

this may sound silly, but I use a brush to grease all of my pans, gets into all the nooks & crannies, plus if you miss a spot it is easy to fix & you don't waste as much grease.

5/1/2010 5:49:10 AM Anyone like cake decorating  
doublehugx
Campbell, CA

OK, I am going to try and post a pic....
This is a cake i made for my daughter's friend

oops

[Edited 5/1/2010 6:02:58 AM PST]

5/1/2010 7:35:48 PM Anyone like cake decorating  
doublehugx
Campbell, CA

ok...trying again...

Photobucket

[Edited 5/1/2010 7:57:54 PM PST]

5/1/2010 10:05:05 PM Anyone like cake decorating  

alwaystoolate
Kokomo, IN

terrific cake.

5/2/2010 12:01:46 PM Anyone like cake decorating  

ok1954
Over 4,000 Posts! (5,223)
Okmulgee, OK

Awesome cake.

5/2/2010 12:41:03 PM Anyone like cake decorating  

ms1958
Lobelville, TN

Quote from doublehugx:
ok...trying again...

Photobucket

This is a cute cake.

5/2/2010 2:55:38 PM Anyone like cake decorating  
doublehugx
Campbell, CA

Thanks, I had a lot of fun with it!

I looked at your cake pics on your profile, OP...they are adorable! Did you use shaped pans, or cut them out?

5/2/2010 3:59:32 PM Anyone like cake decorating  

wolfyhp
Over 1,000 Posts (1,720)
Atascadero, CA

I can bake a decent cake, but decorating it is not my strength. I have a friend who's excellent at it and she has offered to give me lessons sometime. I was trying to get a cake with wolves on it recently and the only thing a local bakery could offer is if I bring in a photograph. I guess cake artistry is lost around here, or I just didn't find the right bakery. I'd love to be able to do at least some simple things...no fondant though, it tastes like a cross between play-doh and pencil eraser, with a little sugar. At least any fondant I've had...

That circus cake is awesome by the way!

[Edited 5/2/2010 4:01:00 PM PST]

5/6/2010 6:19:11 AM Anyone like cake decorating  
doublehugx
Campbell, CA

These are fun for Mother's Day...they are 3 layers high, with the top cut to be rounded.

Photobucket

Photobucket

[Edited 5/6/2010 6:20:10 AM PST]

5/11/2010 4:27:09 PM Anyone like cake decorating  

officermary
Goose Creek, SC

Go to the nearest deli/bakery every spare minute that you have and "watch"...I watched my Mom for years and picked up a bag one day and just did it.

She freaked because I never had a class. Just watch...don't talk. Look at the angles of the decorators body to the work space and how the tip is tilted. Also, a trick for making the writing look better...hold a pen like a tennis racket. Then try to write with it articulating from the "elbow"...not the wrist like normal writing. Try it...you'll see what I mean. The wrist stays static with icing writing and all the movement is the elbow.

Have fun.

5/12/2010 8:25:37 PM Anyone like cake decorating  

julymorning07
Over 1,000 Posts (1,623)
Saint James, MO

Quote from doublehugx:
These are fun for Mother's Day...they are 3 layers high, with the top cut to be rounded.

Photobucket

Photobucket

doublehugx, those are amazing! Great work!