Select your best hookup:
Local
Gay
Asian
Latin
East Europe

skipthegames

Please read the following guidelines just before dating the chat rooms. lancaster dating Possibly it s not this person s dream job, but it could share some essential components with it. Folks generally have a story about why they do not consume specific foods. orlin home onlyfans Who do you reply to first — your mum, buddy, or co worker? Reveals who they are most attached to in their life and inner circle.

megapersonnals

You can enhance your Charms by earning credits which can be carried out by obtaining or inviting pals to the app. palm coast singles events The service manually verifies each and every profile, ensuring that its buyers are genuine and protected. Let s operate with each other to maintain the conversation civil. teen hot russian Conversations tend to lull each so usually, particularly with individuals you don t know all that nicely.

Home  Sign In  Search  Date Ideas  Join  Forums  Groups

1/30/2008 11:05:02 PM Take the HD plunge yet?  

musikman1
Erlanger, KY

Before I get my biggie for the living room, I've been playing around with a unit I picked up off of the 'net:

Pioneer PDP-4360HD

The one thing that I REALLY like about it is:

It has a SEPARATE "connection box" from the actual Plasma 43" Screen..

I have a TON o' stuff I want to hook up, but (at least in my case) the screen is roughly 25' from the "other stuff" (have to route thru the ceiling to the unit).

With the separate "component box," I have it located in my equipment center. I can run all the video, audio, cameras, flash-players, DVD-players and all that rot into the "component box," and then only TWO wires run to the actual TV set.

Also, this way I don't have to pull it out from the mount everytime I want to play with something new..

And in my case, I don't have the included speakers hooked up, they are still in the original sealed box.. I just run the sound thru my 7.1 studio setup..

Also, I bought a cheepie Radio Shack HD antenna and just have it sitting up in the curtain rod.. In the Cincy area, we have 57 channels available via DT/HD, where we have about nine channels in standard analog.. it's pretty cool stuff!

Neat thing about the Pioneer (this could be true of other tuners), it allows me to plug in my CABLE and OTA (Over The Air) antennas, then after it scans, it's lists the channels together, ie: CH9 OTA is right next to CH9 Cable, so I can pick the best pic and turn off the other. If you live in a large metro you should try the OTA for grins and giggles!

How about anyone else? Playing with HD yet?

1/31/2008 1:19:52 PM Take the HD plunge yet?  

marc2b4
Michigan, ND

I've got a Samsung HDTV and the Philips upscaling DVD player. We don't have a large HD signal yet from our local cable provider, so I haven't signed up yet. I run everything through my JVC receiver out to two Infinity and two JBL speakers, so it OK for now.

2/5/2008 9:39:38 PM Take the HD plunge yet?  

musikman1
Erlanger, KY

Heya Marc,

I'm just too tight to spring for the HD cable. We have 50+ DT/HD signals in our metro area via antenna (30 in the daytime, 57 at nite), so I have the old analog cable (that has unlisted HD channels in the open!) plus the OTA antenna.

The one thing that burns my buns about the change over, is that you will see MANY an "HD Antenna" out there, that is basically a UHF antenna, as 90+% of channels will be up in the UHF band.

Except Cincinnati. Our Channel 12 is staying on 12DT/HD and Channel 9 is using 10DT/HD. I spoke with the engineer at 9 (ABC) and asked why the heck they are staying in the VHF band with all there affiliates (2,4,5,7) are moving up to UHF for the digital.

He said to me (with a straight face), "it's the cost thing, and we'll get a much better signal with cheaper transmitters on our current channel."

Uh, yeah. How good will that pic be in 10 years when 9 out of 10 antennas on the market are UHF only?

At least the cable company will give us a good signal, lol!

2/6/2008 6:51:06 PM Take the HD plunge yet?  

sea_dragon
Crystal River, FL

I work with HD everyday. I design and install home theater systems.

And yes all the new tuners will scan and put the channels together. Brighthouse here in FL outputs the local channels in HD straight thru without a cable box and the new digital tuners pick them up.

[Edited 2/6/2008 7:05:30 PM]

2/7/2008 6:22:44 PM Take the HD plunge yet?  

weltel50
Mount Pocono, PA

yes i also bought samsung after reading all the bestbuy reveiws. i went al the why.we got the 500,000 to one 4681f a bit costly but real nice we watch the game ny .one thing good about clutch feild they will talk till you have ever thing hooked up rt.look at the samsung site you will see how they rate there tv,s i think 46'in is swell for most rooms.i was thinking why can,t i buy a dish and box and pick up there units in space for free.just like the old days were.