Select your best hookup:
Local
Gay
Asian
Latin
East Europe

bbw hookup app

A week long trial of Bumble Enhance cost her about $ten, which led to a month lengthy package (about $25) and then a 3 month package (about $50). ohio hookups If you meet someone via a buddy or family members member, just obtaining that third celebration connection is a way of assisting validate specific traits about somebody . In other instances, you are going to get charged for reaching out. philippines hook up Some people do not mind on the web dating and some persons could essentially prefer it.

mega profile dating site

Both men and women have to be willing to answer them honestly (This does not genuinely perform nicely if you just shrug and say, I dunno ). springfield il hookups In fact, the on line dating audience is expected to develop to 37. Generally a FYGlet will closely bond with only one FYG. memphis sex guide I wasn t carrying out something else with my time why not give it a shot? he said.

Home  Sign In  Search  Date Ideas  Join  Forums  Singles Groups  - 100% FREE Online Dating, Join Now!

8/18/2010 5:06:37 AM Stories from the ER  

peachy4372
Over 4,000 Posts! (4,253)
Ball Ground, GA

I had to take my son to the ER yesterday about 3:00 pm. He was playing kickball at school and hurt his foot (turned out to be fractured and sprained). Anyway this hoodrat looking young pregnant couple comes in. She was wearing some kind of shorts that her a** was hanging out and she was 8 months pregnant. Her complaint....she woke up choking the night before and swears she swallowed a spider I was thinking..so you come to the ER the following day at 3pm?

I peeked around the curtain and said I work for a pest control company, here's my card.

Idiot.

She took up a bed that someone really injured could have used.

I guess some folks go there because they don't have insurance and by law I think they have to treat you.

Just a note...I tried taking my son to our GP but he left early and the Urgent Care does not take my insurance so we HAD to go to the ER.

Meet singles at DateHookup.dating, we're 100% free! Join now!

DateHookup.dating - 100% Free Personals

8/18/2010 5:14:15 AM Stories from the ER  

scbelle1
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (17,689)
Anderson, SC

she wanted drugs peach......that's par for the course in the day of a er worker.......i'm glad your son isn't hurt too badly........hope i didn't jinx you last week!!!!!!

8/18/2010 5:17:31 AM Stories from the ER  

peachy4372
Ball Ground, GA

Morning belle! She was 8 months prego and only got some amoxicillin

8/18/2010 5:35:23 AM Stories from the ER  

scbelle1
Anderson, SC

smart doc's

8/18/2010 5:45:01 AM Stories from the ER  

jb_hockey71
Over 2,000 Posts (2,519)
Augusta, GA

I have been to the ER more than my share of times. Have waited up to 8 hours bc of addicts pile in there every afternoon saying they fell and hurt this or that just to score pain pills. It's rediculous,makes me wonder how many legitimate people have died bc of addicts flooding the ER to get their fixes.

8/18/2010 5:47:17 AM Stories from the ER  
stowngirl1982
Over 1,000 Posts (1,933)
Seagrove, NC

Quote from scbelle1:
she wanted drugs peach......that's par for the course in the day of a er worker.......i'm glad your son isn't hurt too badly........hope i didn't jinx you last week!!!!!!

Quoted for the f**king truth!

Which causes us migraineurs HELL b/c WE get treated like DRUG SEEKERS b/c THAT is what those dumb f**king pathetic low-lifes go to the ER complaining of!

ARGH!

I am so sorry love. I agree. Dumb b*tch!

8/18/2010 5:49:51 AM Stories from the ER  

pentopaper
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (12,110)
Calhoun, GA

and ive got more painkillers than i know what to do with cause i hate them and the doc feeds em to me like candy

8/18/2010 6:12:29 AM Stories from the ER  

peachy4372
Ball Ground, GA

Yeah E and Johnny I bet that chaps your ass! It did mine. I would have been real pissed if we had to wait that long because of her.

8/18/2010 7:11:09 AM Stories from the ER  
stowngirl1982
Over 1,000 Posts (1,933)
Seagrove, NC

Damn pen! You should NOT have said that! LOL! You'll have DHers trying to track you down to get some!

(I think there are obviously pro's AND cons to having an MD like that...negatively of course is the fact that they dispense so freely..and apparently are NOT afraid of the DEA)...

Yep peachy..

F**king asshats!

[Edited 8/18/2010 7:11:38 AM ]

8/18/2010 7:14:02 AM Stories from the ER  

fuddyduddie
Over 1,000 Posts (1,885)
Covington, GA

I hate having legitimate back problems, but you are treated like a suspect, everytime you have problems with it. If I wanted to be an addict, I was born into the opportunity, to take care of that, with out sitting in a waiting room for hours just to be snubbed.

8/18/2010 7:20:22 AM Stories from the ER  

peachy4372
Ball Ground, GA

Quote from pentopaper:
and ive got more painkillers than i know what to do with cause i hate them and the doc feeds em to me like candy

Ummmm yeah ....sooooo..what kinds do you have?

8/18/2010 8:14:38 AM Stories from the ER  
swamphunter
Over 2,000 Posts (3,003)
Suwanee, GA

We all swallow spiders from time to time without knowing it...

8/18/2010 8:20:24 AM Stories from the ER  

peachy4372
Ball Ground, GA

Exactly

8/18/2010 8:27:24 AM Stories from the ER  

tonyalasagna
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (13,132)
Lawrenceville, GA

i *hate* the ER.

8/18/2010 8:46:02 AM Stories from the ER  

bdocb
Tunnel Hill, GA

Quote from swamphunter:
We all swallow spiders from time to time without knowing it...

Thats right...Why just yesterday I swallowed 3 tarantulas and would have never known it if they hadnt crawled back out.

8/18/2010 9:02:28 AM Stories from the ER  

cullmanlola
Over 4,000 Posts! (6,178)
Cullman, AL

I took my 19 year old daughter to the ER with what eventually turned out to be kidney stones. So, when we get there, the nurse tells me to wait in the waiting room. BIG MISTAKE. After half an hour, I marched myself right back there to see what was taking so long. My daughter said that all that had happened so far was that they sent her to the bathroom for a urine sample. She says, "Oh Mom, it was SO nasty in there! There was blood all over the place." I got up and marched my happy a** in there and sure enough there was blood all over the sink and floor. I went back to her room and she said that she had cleaned it off of the toilet herself!
I WAS FURIOUS! I went out to the nurses station and asked them WTF the meant sending my daughter into a blood covered bathroom! One of the nurses said, "Oh there was this little old man wandering around back here trying to take his IV out. I saw him go in there so I guess that's where the blood came from. I'll go clean that up now."
I immediately asked to speak to the hospital administrator. We had a LONG talk about how my daughter was going to receive FREE blood testing for a very long time and that I'd better NOT receive a bill for any services or I would OWN that hospital!
HOW STUPID CAN SOME PEOPLE BE?!?!?!?!

By the way, any of us would refuse to go into the bathroom, but my daughter is VERY naive and just does as she's told. Well, she used to be that way. That was one incident that helped to bring her out of that.

8/18/2010 9:32:31 AM Stories from the ER  

peachy4372
Ball Ground, GA

Wow cullman! She could have gotten something from that blood. Glad everything is okay. I can't believe that shit wasn't cleaned up STAT!

8/18/2010 9:36:12 AM Stories from the ER  

rhoni40
Over 1,000 Posts (1,979)
Athens, GA

took my daughter few yrs ago she was 6 she had gashed her head open under the dresser drawer, old dresser that has metal slide tracks, took her at 8 p.m to er, blood soaked head and face still pouring ( she had a 3 inch gahs, 1 in deep in her head) they sent us straight to fast trac, we sat there with a bag of ice for 6 1/2 hrs till my father came in an raised hell, he jerked one of the male nurses up told him to look at his granddaughter taht got theri attention and tooke her right on back ! I don't undrstand those places a child bleeding lke that to sit for tha tlong

8/18/2010 9:41:00 AM Stories from the ER  

peachy4372
Ball Ground, GA

6 1/2 hours?????? Glad your Dad raised hell! That's just horrible.

8/18/2010 9:46:22 AM Stories from the ER  

cullmanlola
Over 4,000 Posts! (6,178)
Cullman, AL

Quote from peachy4372:
Wow cullman! She could have gotten something from that blood. Glad everything is okay. I can't believe that shit wasn't cleaned up STAT!

I know! That's why I insisted on them providing blood testing. That hospital's been shut down now if ya can believe that!

8/18/2010 9:57:51 AM Stories from the ER  

peachy4372
Ball Ground, GA

Quote from cullmanlola:
I know! That's why I insisted on them providing blood testing. That hospital's been shut down now if ya can believe that!

Really hmmmmm? I've been wanting to do a ghost hunt in an abandoned hospital. How long has been shut down?

8/18/2010 10:13:18 AM Stories from the ER  

freebirdguy
Hampton, GA

I don't understand why some people have to wait hours to be treated in the ER. Some of you who work in the medical field might be able to clear that up for me. I know Friday nights you are swamped but considering everybody knows what is going to happen, wouldn't it make sense to have more staff available? Other times I have seen over fifty people waiting to be seen and only one Dr. is working. I understand life threatening situations have priority, but I could go on and on about mine and other people's experiences in waiting for hours to be sewed up or being treated for violent nausea, etc. I have heard jokes in the waiting room about they are waiting for somebody to die so they will have room back there, the crack heads are trying to kill themselves tonight to get pain pills,etc. Also, why is it so hard for some people who really need them to get pain pills and others who don't need them get them and sell them?

8/18/2010 10:13:36 AM Stories from the ER  

just_ct
Over 4,000 Posts! (5,579)
Rome, GA

Quote from bdocb:
Thats right...Why just yesterday I swallowed 3 tarantulas and would have never known it if they hadnt crawled back out.

Cousin Earl sez - I ate this hairy thang once that coulda been
a tarantula I guess... But it looked a bit more like a flower too me.
Okay, I really didn't eat it. I just kinda licked it until it
quit moving.

It tasted a bit like eggnog and frozen grapes. Not like you'd
expect a tarantula to taste at all.

[Edited 8/18/2010 10:15:51 AM ]

8/18/2010 10:28:11 AM Stories from the ER  

joden_moon
Over 1,000 Posts (1,250)
Bishop, GA

Quote from freebirdguy:
I don't understand why some people have to wait hours to be treated in the ER. Some of you who work in the medical field might be able to clear that up for me. I know Friday nights you are swamped but considering everybody knows what is going to happen, wouldn't it make sense to have more staff available? Other times I have seen over fifty people waiting to be seen and only one Dr. is working. I understand life threatening situations have priority, but I could go on and on about mine and other people's experiences in waiting for hours to be sewed up or being treated for violent nausea, etc. I have heard jokes in the waiting room about they are waiting for somebody to die so they will have room back there, the crack heads are trying to kill themselves tonight to get pain pills,etc. Also, why is it so hard for some people who really need them to get pain pills and others who don't need them get them and sell them?

Not long ago, there was a news story that quoted that one had been lying in the waiting room, waiting to be seen and actually died out there and it was HOURS before anyone even noticed.......according to the video tape of the area.

Sometimes, they just make ya be mean......

8/18/2010 10:29:54 AM Stories from the ER  

joden_moon
Over 1,000 Posts (1,250)
Bishop, GA

Quote from cullmanlola:
I took my 19 year old daughter to the ER with what eventually turned out to be kidney stones. So, when we get there, the nurse tells me to wait in the waiting room. BIG MISTAKE. After half an hour, I marched myself right back there to see what was taking so long. My daughter said that all that had happened so far was that they sent her to the bathroom for a urine sample. She says, "Oh Mom, it was SO nasty in there! There was blood all over the place." I got up and marched my happy a** in there and sure enough there was blood all over the sink and floor. I went back to her room and she said that she had cleaned it off of the toilet herself!
I WAS FURIOUS! I went out to the nurses station and asked them WTF the meant sending my daughter into a blood covered bathroom! One of the nurses said, "Oh there was this little old man wandering around back here trying to take his IV out. I saw him go in there so I guess that's where the blood came from. I'll go clean that up now."
I immediately asked to speak to the hospital administrator. We had a LONG talk about how my daughter was going to receive FREE blood testing for a very long time and that I'd better NOT receive a bill for any services or I would OWN that hospital!
HOW STUPID CAN SOME PEOPLE BE?!?!?!?!

By the way, any of us would refuse to go into the bathroom, but my daughter is VERY naive and just does as she's told. Well, she used to be that way. That was one incident that helped to bring her out of that.

Daaammmnnnn.......

8/18/2010 10:43:57 AM Stories from the ER  

just_ct
Rome, GA

My question is this. What does it matter if some drug heads get their fix? I say screw it! Give the shit too them and let them od, let nature weed their asses out of the gene pool.
The way the DEA is hounding hospitals and doctors makes it nearly impossible for people that actually need the meds to get them now.

I have sat and watched a doctor chastise someone I love that is dying of a horrible illness for taking her pain meds early. Well dumbass she's dying and it frigging hurts, that's why you gave them too her in the first place Einstien. Then to make things worse, he subjects her to a urine test that he subsequently lost and then miss tested.

Three weeks later, He told her that there were NO drugs in her system when she'd been in the ER three days prior to the test on an IV drip that was kicking her a** so bad that she was lying there drooling on herself. I was there in person and I know for a fact there is no way even her ashes could have come back drug free.

The doctor's are so afraid of the DEA coming in and seizing all their assets that they will only prescribe painkillers if you walk into their office with a gun. The DEA is funding their supposed "war against drugs", the war that is supposed to be against the cocaine and heroin cartels, with money seized from private physicians in the US. 98% of these doctors settle out of court with the DEA and shovel them money and assets in order to plea bargain their way into staying in business.

It's shameful. It's your government in action. You can make it stop.

[Edited 8/18/2010 10:45:06 AM ]

8/18/2010 10:50:31 AM Stories from the ER  

peachy4372
Ball Ground, GA

Very sad. So sorry your friend went through that.

8/18/2010 11:03:45 AM Stories from the ER  

just_ct
Rome, GA

My friend is incredible and she's much much more than just a friend to me.
She has more strength in her than I have ever seen in one single human.
Spending one day by her side is humbling.
To know that someone like this can actually love me does make me almost believe that there is a God out there somewhere. But to see the way this God would stand by and let her suffer, tells me that this God is uncaring or ineffective, so it really doesn't matter if it does indeed exist or not. There are no benifits to having him around.

She didn't go through this Peachy one. She is still going through this.
The trouble with getting proper medication and treatment is an every day
ongoing problem for her.

All I can do is sit by and watch. Ineffective and powerless to do anything about it.
It grates on a person. Thanks for the opportunity to vent a bit.

[Edited 8/18/2010 11:08:12 AM ]

8/18/2010 11:06:43 AM Stories from the ER  

fuddyduddie
Over 1,000 Posts (1,885)
Covington, GA

It sux, seeing stuff like this happen.
Sorry, CT

8/18/2010 11:30:19 AM Stories from the ER  

peachy4372
Ball Ground, GA

Quote from just_ct:
My friend is incredible and she's much much more than just a friend to me.
She has more strength in her than I have ever seen in one single human.
Spending one day by her side is humbling.
To know that someone like this can actually love me does make me almost believe that there is a God out there somewhere. But to see the way this God would stand by and let her suffer, tells me that this God is uncaring or ineffective, so it really doesn't matter if it does indeed exist or not. There are no benifits to having him around.

She didn't go through this Peachy one. She is still going through this.
The trouble with getting proper medication and treatment is an every day
ongoing problem for her.

All I can do is sit by and watch. Ineffective and powerless to do anything about it.
It grates on a person. Thanks for the opportunity to vent a bit.

I see now who you are talking about. Just from what I have seen on here and couple of emails she is truly amazing. I hope to meet the both of you sometime. Both of you are in my thoughts and prayers.

[Edited 8/18/2010 11:31:22 AM ]

8/18/2010 11:35:42 AM Stories from the ER  

bdocb
Tunnel Hill, GA

Quote from cullmanlola:

Last time I was in the ER and asked to go to the bathroom, they sent this gay looking guy over with a piece of long clear tubing. I was pumped full of so much morphine that all I did was laugh and make fun of him. I paid for it the next day when he yanked that sucker out.

8/18/2010 11:39:57 AM Stories from the ER  

peachy4372
Ball Ground, GA

LMFAO

8/18/2010 11:49:14 AM Stories from the ER  

dwaynehasfun
Austell, GA

as I sit here reading this it reminds of October 21, 1999 Palatka Fl. Putnam County Hospital where my wife now ex and myself were taken after a motorcycle crash
This was at 8:30 p.m. at 12:15a.m. she was realeased with a concusion, broken back in 4 places, a broken ankle, and her toungue was just about bitten off
They said she was fine
I was released at 4:00a.m. with a ruptured kidney, partially collapsed left lunge, a broken hip, and PARALYSED FROM THE WAIST DOWN from a pinched nerve in my back.
We both wound up in Kennestone Hospital 2 days later after my brother came and picked us up at a motel were I still have the bill they gave me for cleaning the room from all of the blood we both lost
So if you think you have a horror story remember this one THIS IS A TRUE STORY I only wished I could make it up
The catch about it was since it was a community supported hospital we could not sue the hospital
So in turn we sued the state of Fla.

8/18/2010 11:58:16 AM Stories from the ER  

peachy4372
Ball Ground, GA

Holy shit Dwayne!

8/18/2010 12:11:15 PM Stories from the ER  

tonyalasagna
Lawrenceville, GA

dwayne - that's messed up! thank god you are ok.

and i can't beleive the hotel billed you...

8/18/2010 12:35:15 PM Stories from the ER  

dwaynehasfun
Austell, GA

after 11 days the first trip to kennestone and 4 days the second trip, then 2 years at shepard spinal clinic, I was able to run the peachtree in 47 mins in 2003
it truly was a life changer at any level

8/18/2010 12:53:47 PM Stories from the ER  

tonyalasagna
Lawrenceville, GA

Wow... awesome for you! I have a couple of friends who have stayed in Shepherd. One of them just became an Ambassador for the Christopher and Dana Reeve Foundation!

(that's Robin, for those of you who know her... yay Robin!

8/18/2010 12:54:30 PM Stories from the ER  

peachy4372
Ball Ground, GA

Quote from dwaynehasfun:
after 11 days the first trip to kennestone and 4 days the second trip, then 2 years at shepard spinal clinic, I was able to run the peachtree in 47 mins in 2003
it truly was a life changer at any level

Awesome!

8/18/2010 1:22:16 PM Stories from the ER  

misschevious2
Over 7,500 Posts!! (8,631)
Stockbridge, GA

I believe, there is a public misconception about what an ER is and what an ER team means. In addition, people keep overflowing the ER's for absurd reasons while the real emergencies remain at home, like someone waking up in the middle of the nigth with earache who thinks is going to die, or that pregnant woman drug seeker who has the delutional idea that she swallowed a spider runs to the ER, while someone who wakes up in the middle of the night with chest pain, difficulty breathing,and intense sweating, with isolated ideas of death thinks is just indigestion and prefers to wait until the morning. On the other hand, the resources go to the cosmopolitan area hospitals while the more rural ones are left with the smallest budgets, yet those are the ones that can receive trauma patients without having adequate protocols to take care of them. The problem is not only in US ladies and gentlemen, but if we are one of the first countries in the world, you can have an idea about how the ER's are in other countries.

8/18/2010 2:53:55 PM Stories from the ER  

tardsmasher2
Over 1,000 Posts (1,068)
Douglasville, GA

And do you think any of these horror stories are going to be any better with Obamacare? It scares the crap out of me to think what it is going to be like when this Government run shit goes full swing? I just hope enough states can have it shot down.It has slowed real reform that is needed way down because it has added another huge problem that has to be fixed.....The Federal Government!!!!

[Edited 8/18/2010 2:54:33 PM ]

8/18/2010 3:07:23 PM Stories from the ER  

tonyalasagna
Lawrenceville, GA

Yeah, my mom was one of those that decided to wait out her symptoms and go to the doctor the following day but died from a heart attack.

A few months ago, I needed to go to the doctor (gyn). Not having insurance (which I do now, thank God), I called the health department which I have relied on for many years while not insured.

Well, (at least where I live) the health department no longer does a sliding scale and certainly not free visits. For me to get an exam, it would have cost $180 AT THE HEALTH DEPARTMENT! ***wtf***?

It would have been over $300 at the gyn. Hell, I could go to a doc in the box for cheaper than both of those but thankfully, I didn't have to. It made me sick to think that I might be waiting in the ER for a gyn exam. That's just wrong but what are our options?

The reason people flood the ER is because they have to be treated, can't be turned away.

I've spent many nights in the ER in my younger years as I used to get UTIs more than my period and they can make you feel like you are dying. Without insurance or money to go to even a doc in the box, what other options are there?

The ER is abused, no doubt, but for many of us who simply need some sort of health care (often needed, uhhhh, FREE), what the hell do we do?

There needs to be some sort of health care plan where everyone is insured or has options to get attention when it can't be afforded.

I have friends who live in England and also Brazil. I don't know what it's called but basically everyone in the country has medical benefits. I guess it comes out of everyone's taxes. They are still able to have their own private medical insurance if they wish. Neither of my friends do and they say that they have received awesome care throughout their lives including child birth, surgeries, and emergency care. By the way, if we go visit those countries and fall ill, we would get free medical care there as well.

So... I don't know what needs to happen but something needs to happen.

[Edited 8/18/2010 3:08:16 PM ]

8/18/2010 3:58:01 PM Stories from the ER  

scbelle1
Anderson, SC

oh i got er stories.......do ya'll know how many years i've worked in them.......

8/18/2010 6:20:16 PM Stories from the ER  

misschevious2
Stockbridge, GA

"It scares the crap out of me to think what it is going to be like when this Government run shit goes full swing?"

"The reason people flood the ER is because they have to be treated, can't be turned away"

"So... I don't know what needs to happen but something needs to happen."

I consider myself lucky because I have been exposed to both systems, and what I can say from the one in which the government has total control over it is, it becomes so big that it gets totally out of control, so the corruption and the burocracy takes over and makes it even more inefficient. From the one in which the insurance companies and private sector has total control over it, is what we are living now... How many they are? 40 something million Americans without medical insurance and a percentage of them with chronic conditions and nowhere to go except the ER's to get attention because "they can't be turned away." ... to that number, let's add the ones who do not have a real emergencies, but they go for the same reason "they can't be turned away, " and we have our system. I believe, there has to be a middle ground in which government, private sector, and population can participate for us to get out of this hole we are in. According to WHO we spend in USA >$5000 percapita annualy in medical care!! We are the ones who spend the most in health compared to the rest of the world, and do you think guys we have the best health care system?? Hell no!

http://www.who.int/research/en/

8/18/2010 6:31:36 PM Stories from the ER  

tonyalasagna
Lawrenceville, GA

i never said anything about having the best system. for most of us, there is no system. i wonder how many people are sick and die because they can't get ongoing care. the emergency room can only do so much. even when i just needed to go to the gyn, i was thinking what if i had cancer or something, how would i get treated for that? pisses me off.

8/18/2010 6:48:14 PM Stories from the ER  

misschevious2
Stockbridge, GA

"for most of us, there is no system. i wonder how many people are sick and die because they can't get ongoing care."

Yes, you are right... people get sick and die because we are becoming a society in which we don't give a you know what about it, and that is very sad. I live in the best country there is, so I want to have the best in my country, and I want my country to be an example to others. On one hand, we have a government that wants to have control and tell us what to do. On the other hand, we have a private sector that wants profit, period; and we have a population that whether abuse the services they have been granted, or do not take care of themselves... I have seen it... I have seen it here and there.

8/18/2010 6:52:29 PM Stories from the ER  

just_ct
Rome, GA

Healthcare is the easy facet.

What about dental... Eye care... and such specialties not covered in general
healthcare policies?

How many of us are sitting around half blind with a toothache because
we have nowhere to turn and little or no insurance?

Everyone can whine about Obama care all they want. But if it gets me in
to see a doctor, dentist, etc... when I need too. Then screw it. I'm for
it until someone comes up with a better plan.

I'm not Obama isn't a platform. I have a workable solution is a platform.

8/18/2010 7:03:05 PM Stories from the ER  

fuddyduddie
Over 1,000 Posts (1,885)
Covington, GA

When I went to medical assistant school, my teacher worked part time at the ER, she said that once, this old man came in, he had a pen insert, stuck in his penis. He put it there so that it would stand up.

8/18/2010 7:07:33 PM Stories from the ER  

rhoni40
Over 1,000 Posts (1,979)
Athens, GA

I have to agree to a point with that ct, Its sad I can't have medications on my insurance plan unless I want to pay the price they are without insurance, some of the medications I have to have for a 30 day supply runs into the 500's for just one medication, not to mention with ms my eye sight is going bad, and I can't afford prescription glasses to help me see, not mention dental , I have to pay out of pocket for any visit and when you live on a set amount each mth you have to choose food for the kids or medications,or dental visit , or do I take the chance an pay half the light bill and use the other half for med's and take the chance of losing my power! Its wrong people can go out and get medication and turn around and sell it( I for one am too damn scared I would get caught and lose my children and That is just not an option) !

8/18/2010 7:13:06 PM Stories from the ER  

fuddyduddie
Over 1,000 Posts (1,885)
Covington, GA

Rhoni? You cant patience assistance?
I dont know all of the guidelines. Thats one reason, my diabetes is not controlled, I cant afford the insulin, I was taking 5 shots a day, but asked to be tried on the 4 dollar list pills. Plus, i have to take blame for not eating right. But they are not working, think I need to be on insulin again, but it with the supplies was running around 200.00 mth. not a lot for some, but for me its like 2000.00

I tried to get help, but because I have ins. I cant seem to find any.

8/18/2010 7:16:01 PM Stories from the ER  

tonyalasagna
Lawrenceville, GA

i get it. i do! i don't have eye or dental insurance. as a matter of fact, my health insurance costs $400 a month, 1/2 of which my boss pays for but still, that $200 coming out of my check HURTS and now i can't afford to go to the doctor BUT, if i had to, it would only cost me $40 instead of $300.

dental: thank god i was able to get care credit a few years ago. couldn't get it now with my credit but it's the one credit card i'm keeping open. the interest rate on it basically 30% but i couldn't even walk into the dentists office without it.

i owe three thousand dollars on my care credit for dental. pay out of pocket for eye care. i wear contacts (2 and 3 times longer than i should) and haven't had new glasses in 2 years. i have different prescriptions for each eye so i work it out where i buy one eye at a time.

if i didn't have care credit, it don't know what i'd do. i'd probably have a lot of missing teeth (not kidding) but then, how would i have afforded to even have them pulled? some dentists won't even pull a tooth if it's salvagable so then what? they just send you home to let the tooth rot until isn't salvagable and in the meantime we end up in the *ER* trying to get pain pills for the tooth we can't afford to fix. (that happens ALL the time!)

i'm glad i'm not drinking tonight!

8/18/2010 7:19:05 PM Stories from the ER  

rhoni40
Over 1,000 Posts (1,979)
Athens, GA

Nope Im on a prescription plan , and I tried to get that patient assistance program , that montel williams advertised, but I dont qualify , I know one of my script that I will start at home at the end of the mth insurance will only cover 23.00 buck on and I have to come up with the other 100. for it! It's sad, I beg my dr's to release me to get a job, and they won't because my left leg is basically non useable, and I can't stand without a walker or cane for more than 5 mins at a time, alone if I have something to hold onto I can do a lil better, tremors in my hands are another problem , I dont have them all the time but pretty often, and when my left leg is really acting up I can walk a step and then take another and hit the floor , I have been labeled a hazard! It really sucks , so I do what I can for friends and family to make a lil extra from time to time when I can!

8/18/2010 7:19:32 PM Stories from the ER  

misschevious2
Stockbridge, GA

"How many of us are sitting around half blind with a toothache because
we have nowhere to turn and little or no insurance?"

"I have a workable solution is a platform."

I only hope, there is going to be some sort of process in which someone other than the government is going to share the control over it. I hope, we will give to preventive medicine the place it should have. I also hope, people will realize that is in their best interest to assume responsibility for their actions when it comes to health decisions. If I smoke, I assume the risks and the consequences from it with the same sofistication as I hold the cigarette. If I am a diabetic, or I have any other chronic condition, I assume the risks and the consequences from not being a compliant patient, but if I am diagnosed with ""any condition"" that I do not have any control about in its occurrence and I cannot afford the care, I will be taken care of.

8/18/2010 7:23:38 PM Stories from the ER  

bdocb
Tunnel Hill, GA

Quote from misschevious2:
"How many of us are sitting around half blind with a toothache because
we have nowhere to turn and little or no insurance?"

Ive got a big rock and an Iceskate.

8/18/2010 7:24:49 PM Stories from the ER  

misschevious2
Stockbridge, GA

"Ive got a big rock and an Iceskate."

Aha, and?

8/18/2010 7:26:18 PM Stories from the ER  

fuddyduddie
Over 1,000 Posts (1,885)
Covington, GA

I have a good friend that is putting me in my place about being non compliant.

8/18/2010 7:29:00 PM Stories from the ER  

tonyalasagna
Lawrenceville, GA

i know someone who was very ill with *numerous* medical conditons. he couldn't get help anywhere. finally, he quit his job, got on government assistance and medicaid. it still took him forever to get any of that. had he continued to work as he was willing, he would probably be dead.

sometimes, the system forces people that really need help to give up and become a rider and that is so sad.

a lot (not all) people on assistance can't get off or won't because they get more from the system than they ever will or can on their own. i mean, what is the drive to get out and struggle even harder when it's being handed to you?

then, there's medicaid for pregnant women and also children. get knocked up, don't have a job and BAM! everything is paid for!

yeah, ok, so take care of the poor pregnant women and children but about those who work every day and don't have insurance, who are married and deserving to have a family? huh? they get pregnant and have to worry about how they are going to finance their child because they make $9 an hour (too much for assistance) and then go without prenatal care. isn't it like 10 grand to have a kid? what about those families who work and struggle?

what about the sick and elderly?

how in the hell can illegals get care when i can't?

it IS the middle class that suffers the most in this country. you can't get the right care if you are middle class, blue collar, etc. you have to be sorry as hell, really poor or rich! everyone else suffers.

8/18/2010 7:34:26 PM Stories from the ER  

rhoni40
Over 1,000 Posts (1,979)
Athens, GA

TOnya I understand completely , I would give almost anything my left leg to be able to get up and go to work, but the fact that I can't makes me feel useless, what is truly sad is I can't get any help thru the state, I get peach care for my daughter but thats it and I have to pay for that each mth , not complaining she is covered thank GOD, But because I draw 76.00 over what the state allows to get any kind of other help I am shit out of luck!
It makes me mad to see people pulling up at the state offices in cadilacs,escalades, new cars, getting out wearing , high dollar name brands with a car full of kids coming out telling everyone they got and increase on their food stamps and housing cause they are pregger with another kid! this system is so a** fu*king backwards its sickening

8/18/2010 7:36:43 PM Stories from the ER  

tonyalasagna
Lawrenceville, GA

how about this:

my dad is covered by VA benefits and thank god because he's had to use them. he's been seriously injured and ill several times.

well...

VA medical benefits used to be for ALL veterans. apparently, they are stripping many vets of these benefits and limiting them for others.

my dad was a marine/vietnam war and exposed to agent orange in the area that it was used the most so he has full benefits.

they are trying to weed out benefits to those who did not serve during an active war - in combat.

so now, even if you did your time... you may not even have benefits. i have an uncle who has none, absolutely none because he did not serve during a war!

8/18/2010 7:40:56 PM Stories from the ER  

rhoni40
Over 1,000 Posts (1,979)
Athens, GA

Its sad , it really is, Like I told my dad, if it wasn't for him ,literally helping me with small loans, I couldnt afford to live on my own with my daughter! Its sad that those who protect this country are getting screwed out of health care when they need it for bullshit reason the government thinks are justified, America Government is back asswards

8/18/2010 7:45:16 PM Stories from the ER  

tonyalasagna
Lawrenceville, GA

hell, even when i've gone to food banks looking for help they want you to prove income, etc.

but, just because i make a certain amount, how does that mean that i haven't had a car blow up, medical issues, had to pay for a funeral, whatever...

i know they have to regulate it but come on.

thank god i found that food bank that just requires a $15 donation. i know it's there if i need to go and hopefully, i won't need to go back but hey, we all go through hard times.