Select your best hookup:
Local
Gay
Asian
Latin
East Europe

megapersonels

A shortcut to romance and intimacy, in other words. meet singles in arizona For also long, I believed that to make a man content, I required to fulfill him sexually. Soon after spot checking for initial alignment, Lin dives straight into tackling a project with a possible co founder. bumble app ireland Prospective LDRs aside, someone s dream location will probably give you a excellent idea of what sort of atmosphere tends to make them happiest.

megaperosnals

This is portion 1 of 3 of my definitive guide to online dating. the villages fl personals Evaluation the conversations before going on a date. Years ago, myself and a pal went out and decided to play a game exactly where I (I m NY born but Dublin bred) would pretend to be an up and coming singer songwriter over from the states and my friend was my manager. is hookup matches a legit site In other words, let your self have some entertaining and enjoy the approach.

Home  Sign In  Search  Date Ideas  Join  Forums  Groups

2/10/2008 9:52:34 AM Bible Study Genesis Ch 2:-  

rich101
Lillington, NC

Brothers ans Sisters in Christ; Greattings and Grace
Let us now see what ch, 2 hase to tell us.
Genesis 2:
2 Thus the heavens and the earth, and all the host of them, were finished. 2 And on the seventh day God ended His work which He had done, and He rested on the seventh day from all His work which He had done. 3 Then God blessed the seventh day and sanctified it, because in it He rested from all His work which God had created and made.
4 This is the history of the heavens and the earth when they were created, in the day that the LORD God made the earth and the heavens, 5 before any plant of the field was in the earth and before any herb of the field had grown. For the LORD God had not caused it to rain on the earth, and there was no man to till the ground; 6 but a mist went up from the earth and watered the whole face of the ground.
7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living being.

Life in God’s Garden
8 The LORD God planted a garden eastward in Eden, and there He put the man whom He had formed. 9 And out of the ground the LORD God made every tree grow that is pleasant to the sight and good for food. The tree of life was also in the midst of the garden, and the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.
10 Now a river went out of Eden to water the garden, and from there it parted and became four riverheads. 11 The name of the first is Pishon; it is the one which skirts the whole land of Havilah, where there is gold. 12 And the gold of that land is good. Bdellium and the onyx stone are there. 13 The name of the second river is Gihon; it is the one which goes around the whole land of Cush. 14 The name of the third river is Hiddekel; it is the one which goes toward the east of Assyria. The fourth river is the Euphrates.
15 Then the LORD God took the man and put him in the garden of Eden to tend and keep it. 16 And the LORD God commanded the man, saying, “Of every tree of the garden you may freely eat; 17 but of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil you shall not eat, for in the day that you eat of it you shall surely die.”
18 And the LORD God said, “It is not good that man should be alone; I will make him a helper comparable to him.” 19 Out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field and every bird of the air, and brought them to Adam to see what he would call them. And whatever Adam called each living creature, that was its name. 20 So Adam gave names to all cattle, to the birds of the air, and to every beast of the field. But for Adam there was not found a helper comparable to him.
21 And the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall on Adam, and he slept; and He took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh in its place. 22 Then the rib which the LORD God had taken from man He made into a woman, and He brought her to the man.
23 And Adam said:
“This is now bone of my bones, And flesh of my flesh;
She shall be called Woman, Because she was taken out of Man.”
24 Therefore a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and they shall become one flesh.
25 And they were both naked, the man and his wife, and were not ashamed.

2/10/2008 8:08:55 PM Bible Study Genesis Ch 2:-  

goldangel
Hickory, NC

Rich I didn't no you have bible study,I will love to read your thought.

2/11/2008 7:24:25 AM Bible Study Genesis Ch 2:-  

dana1956
New Braunfels, TX

Hello all,

I would like to share with you all a revelation with you I had. As many of us have probably heard the story from the nonbelievers that God created man twice, once in Genesis one and again in Genesis two, I have a different take on that. I use the King James Bible. In Gen 1 we see God creating man and everything else. As Gen 2 starts in vers 4 we see " These are the generations of the heavens and of the earth when they were created, in that day..." and in verse 7 if we pick up there it says "And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life and man became a living soul." It is my belief that man was created ONLY once and chapter two is a recount of chapter one. There is an other way to look at this if you have ever encountered this with someone trying to tell you man was created twice. If you look at chapter one it says man was "created" and in chapter two it says man was "formed". As we know, I believe it may have been Abraham that the Lord was talking about when He said "I knew him before he was". When I look at that it tells me that Abraham was created before he was born (or formed). I hope that if this question has been ever in your mind that maybe this will give you another way to look at it because I now know man was only put on earth once. I believe it may be the Catholics think in chapter one there was a woman named Lilith and chapter two is where Eve comes in. But again I say man was created in chapter one and formed in chapter two.

God Bless all those who study to show themselves approved.

2/11/2008 1:17:51 PM Bible Study Genesis Ch 2:-  

rich101
Lillington, NC

Brothers and Sisters in Christ
Welcome aboard Judy Love seeing you here
Now Now brother slow down, You get so excited, LOL that is good.
Yes man only created once, yes 2 is a recap of 1 more in depth.
Now No, No, No, on the Lilith part. I think some one may have been telling you fairy tail. Being brought up Catholic That is the first time I ever heard of that. We must remember when we say something about other denominations with out facts, or full understanding of their doctrines, it is hear say, gossip, and slander. God Forgive the preacher in the pulpit in that very sin.
the subject of Catholics worshipping Mary. I pray the person that started that roomer has been forgiven.
God's Love
Rich

2/11/2008 1:32:41 PM Bible Study Genesis Ch 2:-  

dana1956
New Braunfels, TX

Rich I humbly beg forgiveness of all those who I have offended. But I do know there is a story about Lilith and it goes along with the theroy of who Adam's sons and daughters married, I will research where it came from and send you a private mail.

Forgive me brothers and sisters in Christ

it appears to have started with the Hebrew Talmud, next time I will know before I speak, Ihope that to be the case.

[Edited 2/11/2008 1:40:10 PM]

2/11/2008 3:19:17 PM Bible Study Genesis Ch 2:-  

rich101
Lillington, NC

Brothers and Sisters Lets Ponder this a few days
Verse 1-3 We see God has completed His plan, and He took a rest, not hat God needed a rest, but you can say a rest in calibration. He took this fine Saturday and blessed it. We all should be celebrating this day for it is the day our Lord celebrated all His creation.

4 This is the history of the heavens and the earth when they were created, in the day that the LORD God made the earth and the heavens, 5 before any plant of the field was in the earth and before any herb of the field had grown. For the LORD God had not caused it to rain on the earth, and there was no man to till the ground; 6 but a mist went up from the earth and watered the whole face of the ground.
It doesn’t rain on the earth until the time of the flood, Verses 5 and 6 explain how the plants got there water.

7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living being.
Verse 7 The word “formed” is the term for a potter’s shopping of pots. Since man is made from the dust of the ground, That is where he returns when he dies (see John 3:19). Although God created light with a mere word (1:3), He created man by fashioning a body out of mud and clay, transforming the clay into something new, and then breathing life into. This breath may be the narrator’s way of describing the infusion of the human spirit, with it’s moral intellectual, relational, and spiritual capacities. God showed tender care and intimate concern in the way He shaped man.(living being This is the same term that was used of animal life in 1:24. In this phrase we see how humans and animal life are similar, but the breath of life makes humans distinct from all other creatures.

Something to think about. Dr.’s confirm that when the body needs more air, (oxygen) the body reacts with a yawn. The next time you yawn remember the first breath, God is giving you that same breath. I call it a (Kiss from God) Thank Him the next time you yawn.

I will try to get more in Thursday, I am going to have to attend a funereal call, forgive me for the delay if I am unable to make it in by then.
God’s Love and Grace
Rich
Brother Dana you are blessed.

[Edited 2/11/2008 3:20:47 PM]

2/17/2008 5:37:10 AM Bible Study Genesis Ch 2:-  

rich101
Lillington, NC

8 The LORD God planted a garden eastward in Eden, and there He put the man whom He had formed. 9 And out of the ground the LORD God made every tree grow that is pleasant to the sight and good for food. The tree of life was also in the midst of the garden, and the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.
Verse 8 shows where the garden was placed, East of Eden; not actually in Eden.
In 9; I had come across some slight controversy here. Some will say there was one tree, It plainly states two trees; The tree of “life” and the tree of “The knowledge of good and evil.”. Remember God made two of everything as so to be able to multiply.

10 Now a river went out of Eden to water the garden, and from there it parted and became four riverheads. 11 The name of the first is Pishon; it is the one which skirts the whole land of Havilah, where there is gold. 12 And the gold of that land is good. Bdellium and the onyx stone are there. 13 The name of the second river is Gihon; it is the one which goes around the whole land of Cush. 14 The name of the third river is Hiddekel; it is the one which goes toward the east of Assyria. The fourth river is the Euphrates.

10 tells us about a river that came out of Eden and headed into three other rivers. Rather they came into one point, I don’t know. The topographies of the land has changed. The earth was still forming at this stage. The river “Pishon” is no more, but it is safe to say this is the river that watered the Garden. Let’s look at a map of the regain, find the Persian Gulf. This will only give us a general location of where the garden was. Remember land shift erosion and the like. I red an article just the other week saying this is the area that “k-9s” may have started here also. Do you think that dog was domesticated first, then became wild, then the animal was domesticated again? Keep that in mind. The river Pishon skirts the whole land of Havilah. This tell me that Havilah was an island in the Pishon before it came to a head with the other three. Persia is the land north of the gulf, translations and spelling are similar, is it safe bet this is an approximate location?
In 12 what do you think the importance of mentioning the gold, bdellium, and onyx?
In 13 the 2nd river of “Gihon” makes the land of Cush an island. The map I have doesn’t show the river Gihon nor the land of Cush. Perhaps you may have a map showing it’s approximate.
In 14 we see the river Hiddekel is also known as the river Tigris, it flows down through Assyria, and thee is the Euphrates. The map shows the Tigris as the main feeder to the Gulf, some will say it was the Euphrates.
Tell me why yoy think it was important to mention these rivers.

2/17/2008 8:34:45 AM Bible Study Genesis Ch 2:-  

dana1956
New Braunfels, TX

Rich,
I saw a special on TV about Eden and where it might have been. In it they found satelite images of the Pishon and Gihon rivers, one starting from the east, and one starting in the west and both flowing into Persian Gulf into the area just south of where the two river now empty in now. Indicating the four rivers were there and Eden may have been in the north part of the Persian Gulf and is now under water. As for your question about Gold and such being mentioned I think sometimes things are put in the scriptures so as to give credence to what is being said. My guess wouuld be that if we look that we may find that area was found to be rich in the area of where this river was thought to be found.

Now you posed a thought about the Tree of Life and the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil. As we know many times things are not always what they seem to be, parables. I won't ask the question about the fruit because it may or may not have actually been a fruit bearing tree as we now those things to be now. But I will bring a idea to you. If we look at Revalation we will also see the Tree of Life there and we will freely eat thereof. Now I don't see it being there in the natural sense as we would know it today, BUT in the Spiritual sense. As we today have to accept Jesus as our Savoir and be Baptized with the Holy Ghost to undo the curse we are born into because of Adam and Eve,
just maybe that tree is a symbol of the pure Spirit of God.

If I can picture a burning bush that is not consumed, then I can picture a tree with beauty beyond compare, there but not there. The Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil is a little different in my opinion. If you take notice to one word, please look at the word "and". It is not called the the Tree of Knowledge of Good "or" Evil. Satan does not tempt us with things that look bad, if he did would we not refuse those and look for something "good"? Satan had already been cast down from Heaven.

If we look at the new testament we will see many times the Scripture talking about the "fruit" of the spirit. We will also see Jesus was crucified but it is also said He was hanged on a tree. Contoversy... maybe not.. maybe insight.

WHAT IF...

Jesus is the Tree of Life we must eat freely of

And Satan is the Tree of Knowledge we must avoid, the good-n-evil

does this make you just a little curious??????

2/17/2008 9:50:56 AM Bible Study Genesis Ch 2:-  

rich101
Lillington, NC

Excellent input and insight my brother, Keep up the good work. Keep all in mind. 2:17 is coming up for more insight. When we get into Ch 3 we will find more on this. I know it gets boring my brother but I'd like other opinions too. If we can't get more folk interested then I guess you and I can forge on at a faster pass. Sound good?

2/17/2008 10:21:50 AM Bible Study Genesis Ch 2:-  

dana1956
New Braunfels, TX

seems like things have slowed down in here... if you want to speed things up then it is ok with me. I am thinking I might start some topic study.

2/19/2008 5:34:45 PM Bible Study Genesis Ch 2:-  

rich101
Lillington, NC

Read now 15-17, Tell me about each line,
15 Then the LORD God took the man and put him in the garden of Eden to tend and keep it. 16 And the LORD God commanded the man, saying, “Of every tree of the garden you may freely eat;
17 but of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil you shall not eat,
(b)for in the day that you eat of it you shall surely die.”
Go into a little more depth with verse 17b.

2/21/2008 3:50:27 PM Bible Study Genesis Ch 2:-  

oletafive
Rattan, OK

Gen 2:15
"Then the Lord God took the man and put him into the garden of Eden to cultivate it and keep it."
Hello Rich and greetings to all of you who are in Rich's class
Man must have been created someplace outside of the garden since he had to be put there. Man was given a specific job, a task--The first career. He was a tender of gardens. But the garden also had animals. So man was also a keeper of animals. He tended to the animals. God must have given man the knowledge that he needed to do the task that was assigned by God.
Gen 2:16
"And the Lord God commanded the man, saying, "From any tree of the garden you may eat freely;"
All of the fruit that grows on trees we are permitted from the very beginning to eat. There was no poisonous fruit in the garden.
Gen 2:17
"but from the tree of knowledge of good and evil you shall not eat, for in the day that you eat from it you shall surely die."
There are two different objectives that God wants to achieve here. First he commands man not to eat from the tree. That is very clear and straightforward.
Secondly: God knows that man will disobey so he tells him what is going to happen to him. Instead of an eternal life with the presence of God man will die he will begin to age and then after a time he will die. That is a predicament that will have to be rectified by Jesus Christ who will restore eternal life that Adam and Eve forfeited in the garden.
--=Oletafive=--

2/27/2008 6:37:57 AM Bible Study Genesis Ch 2:-  

dana1956
New Braunfels, TX

Oletafive,

you are knowledgeable and wise. So many times when I look at scripture it is difficult for me to stay in the passage at hand because my mind takes me other places rapidly when I hear or see something. Although I agree with everything you say I must add my own little twist to "thou shall surely die". If we look deep into the scripture we will find little tidbits that make things easier to understand. Jesus in the NT is refered to as the second Adam. Although God had an "only begotten " son, I consider Adam his son also, God created him with his own hands. And to understand what Adam lost, we can look and see what Jesus had. Adam died that day in the garden, I do not think God meant in the end... I believe Adam died the spiritual death on the spot and was relegated to a life of struggles. We also have to look forward to the NT to unlock the mysteries of the OT.
If we look at the word fruit in the NT, we will find that it is used to describe that which is given off from another object, not always a tree. The fruit of the spirit is love, patience, longsuffering...etc. So was the tree of knowledge a fruit bearing tree, yes, but as we would think in the natural, it could be, but it may just be a symbol of disobedience. Either way it was just one thing they must not do. So what now? We are commanded to do one thing to reconcile us. Believe Jesus was the Son of God and act on it.

In all things give Praise unto the Lord.
Confess me before men and I will confess you before the Father.
Be not ashamed of the gospel

let me ask an off the wall question that just popped into my head... where is Adam now? if Jesus is on the right hand... might Adam be on the left... symbolic of the weaker side... I don't see God tossing his first aside?

2/28/2008 8:10:17 AM Bible Study Genesis Ch 2:-  

oletafive
Rattan, OK

That is a very good question young man, and there are several interesting answers. I have taken the liberty to copy a few of them from other learned men. The true answer , I am afraid, will remain God's secret for the time being. Rich may have a few of his own thoughts here and I am anxiously waiting for our next lesson too:

The Book of Enoch places the archangel Gabriel as The Left Hand of God, or seated
on the left side of God's throne with Metatron. Gabriel ( ??????????? ) he is known as one of the seven archangels.

Jewish Encyclopedia assigns Michael stands at the right hand of God, Gabriel at His left

Both Jews and Christians see Gabriel as the angel of judgment and sits on the
left hand of God.

Islam assigns Gabriel the role as the angel who dictated the Koran to Muhammad. They see Gabriel as the angel of truth. Christianity and Judaism have an arcane tradition of portraying Gabriel as a woman. This tradition is not acceptable to Muslims and any reference to gender would seem reduce Archangels’ Godly powers. As stated at the beginning of the article, angels embody the spiritual essence of both male and female.

Hollywood assigns the Left Hand of God to Humphry Bogart.
--=Oletafive=--

[Edited 2/28/2008 8:16:17 AM]

3/8/2008 7:49:30 AM Bible Study Genesis Ch 2:-  

suzydoll
Cheneyville, LA

Good Morning Bro Rich and other brothers and sisters in the study. Thank you Rich for your faithfulness in directing us in the study of Genesis. I have been reading and meditating on this book as we study it here.

Genesis is a book of beginnings and describes such important beginnings such as Creation, the fall of man, and the early years of the nation of Israel. The beginning of salvation history - the story of God and man, sin and grace, wrath and mercy, covenant and redemption also begins in the book of Genesis. These themes are repeated often throughout the rest of the Bible.

As the Book of Revelation is the climax and conclusion of the Bible, so the book of Genesis is the beginning and essential seed-plot of the Bible. Thus, Genesis is an important book for understanding the meaning of the entire Bible.

The first major part of the Book of Genesis (chaps 1-11) contains five great events:

(1) The history of Creation and and a description of life in the garden of Eden before the Fall (Gen. 1:1-2:25)

(2) the story of Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden: the temptation and fall of man (Gen. 3:1-24)

(3) the story of Cain and Abel (Gen. 4:1-16)

(4) The story of Noah and the Flood: The wickedness and judgment of man (Gen. 6:5-9:29)

(5) The story of the Tower of Babel: The proud presumption of man, the confusion of tongues, and the scattering of mankind upon the earth (Gen. 11:1-9)

Each of these great events relates to the whole of humanity and each is filled with significance that continues throughout Scripture. The rest of the Book of Genesis (Chapters 12-50) relates the narrative of the four great patriarchs of Israel: Abraham, Isaac, Jacob and Joseph. The theme of these chapters is God's sovereignty in calling out a Chosen People who would serve and worship him.

Genesis is a book of firsts,,,,, Genesis records the first birth (Gen. 4:1), the first death (Gen. 4:8), the first musical instruments (Gen. 4:21) and the first rainbow (Gen. 9:12-17) Genesis is indeed a book of beginnings as we can clearly see.

As the children of Israel read this book in the wilderness, or after they crossed the Jordan River, they knew that their experiences with God were just beginning.

Those who seek to discredit the Book of Genesis by pointing to alleged discrepancies between religion and science are blind to the exalted spiritual content of this work. If a student expects to find in Genesis a scientific account of how the world came into existence, with all questions concerning primitive life answered in technical language, he will be disappointed. Genesis is not an attempt to answer such technical questions.

May we all know and experience the fullness of God in our Lives,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Suzy

Page: 1, 2