Select your best hookup:
Local
Gay
Asian
Latin
East Europe

hookup sites nj

Initial, create a absolutely free profile and tell us a small about your self and what you are looking for in a partner and connection. fresno chat line This query in on line dating app is a excellent way to get somebody speaking. In my encounter, filling it out for the first time usually requires about two to three hours if you re getting thoughtful. orlando sex guide Plus, it s 2021, where getting the proper companion can be additional difficult, no thanks to stricter social distancing measures.

listcrawler over 40

As a dating app developer, you will come to a decision on no matter whether to build chat from scratch or use out there chat APIs like CometChat. single ladies in pensacola fl It is not uncommon to hear parents lament that their daughter has not had a date or that no one redd her a shidduch in a lot more than a year. For years, I was one degree of separation from the really like of my life and did not know it. streamate broadcast Don t leave dirty clothing, dishes, or something embarrassing lying around! Add a houseplant and some candles to instantly make your property look warmer and far more appealing.

Home  Sign In  Search  Date Ideas  Join  Forums  Groups

2/26/2008 8:33:54 PM Buddhism anyone?  

charmie
Glasgow, MT

Have Faith, be strong in the face of this trial. You will be okay. I know this. Do NOT worry, be prayful and only allow positive thoughts to enter your head.

Remember, you are not alone. It absolutely is going to be okay. Trust me.

Much love coming your way...

2/26/2008 11:07:58 PM Buddhism anyone?  

deathmetalman77
Crescent City, CA

Thanks again, I am learning much!!!

2/27/2008 5:13:21 AM Buddhism anyone?  

queenofhearts61
Seymour, IN

Thank you Charmie and that love back at ya.

3/1/2008 3:21:43 AM Buddhism anyone?  

charmie
Glasgow, MT

Ready for the Eightfold Path?

3/1/2008 4:09:50 AM Buddhism anyone?  

29tootsie
Brightwaters, NY

Charmie...I read all of your posts with interest. Would you tell us how you came to Buddhism? Are Buddhists, then, vegetarians? I wonder a lot about the suffering of animals. I have a really hard time with that...innocent creatures that live in horrible conditions only to be slaughtered. Can you give me some insight on that? The "why" of it? Thanks.

3/1/2008 9:06:31 AM Buddhism anyone?  

charmie
Glasgow, MT

Copied for ease of reference from Tootsie---

Charmie...I read all of your posts with interest. Would you tell us how you came to Buddhism? Are Buddhists, then, vegetarians? I wonder a lot about the suffering of animals. I have a really hard time with that...innocent creatures that live in horrible conditions only to be slaughtered. Can you give me some insight on that? The "why" of it? Thanks.

Hi Tootsie--

Sure...I'll give you my insights on your questions.

I became a Buddhist many years ago, back in the late 1960's. I did so as I had 2 little kids and a busy life on a homestead. I had a huge organic garden, preserved all my own veggies, had one hundred and fifty +- white Leghorn chickens that I raised for market and for egg sales...had goats, horses, guinea hens, ducks and geese and a huge 100 year old Vic house.
I needed some space; peace in my day. I was also teaching at a local college at night.
Through that I met people who were already practicing Buddhists, some Ba'hai, and other Eastern practices. I really fell in love with Buddhism and spent time the next years and after that at Ashrams to deepen my practice. My partner at the time (now deceased) was also practicing so we supported one another with the home and the kids.

I became a vegan after slaughtering so many chickens that I just couldn't take another life. We stopped the chicken business excpet for the egg sales which meant we cut down on the amount of hens we had and kept it to a few dozen.

We had never eaten any of the other critters---they were my buddies.

I was a vegan for 25 years and then began to eat fish. Basically all I eat now is fish and rarely some chicken. I do not eat animal portien every day.

No, not all Buddhists are vegans. The Dali Lama eats meat. Becoming a vegan is a personal choice and for me that choice came after studying how the huge slaughter houses treat the animals and how they kill them.

Animals are in the food chain. All animals. From the bottom of the food chain to the top and vice-versa, all animals feed upon another in some manner. Without that the balance of nature would be disrupted. Take the wolf and the deer-----here out west the ranchers hate the wolf, purely and absolutely. The wolf has a place in the food chain. Part of the reason there are so many starving deer in the winter is that the balance has been screwed with; no wolf = too many deer. But then the rancher says the wolf are taking their stock, and they are. Problem is the rancher tookover the wolf's habitat but the wolf doesn't know that! He's just being a wolf. Rancher kills wolf. Here goes the circle....they are having a controlled kill in Yellowstone this year for the wolves as they have crossed over from the park into ranch land...and are killing livestock.

People are designed to eat mostly grain and veggies...look at our teeth. I don't have fangs. But we are also designed to eat meat, and our bodies need animal protien to a degree. So we comsume the amounts of meat we want, individually, on a daily basis.

Supply and demand: Man want meat---fast food want sell meat...ugh. The "meat" you are getting in those roadside FF 'restaurants' is generally substandard. Most of them meet only dog food grade. Dog food grade is all the leftovers from the butchering----and you need to google that! I don't feed my dog, dog food....

Why the cruel way of treating animals before slaughtering? Money. The more you invest in an animal the less return there is. You only get what market pays at the slaughterhouse.

American grown meat today is inoculated, feed growth hormones, inferior feed, crowded in feeder pens, and shipped in trucks oveland for long distances standing the entire time...
so what you are eating at the end of the cycle is meat that has been grown artificially, filled with chemicals from the feed and other sources, and then stressed for a period of time before being killed. How does that affect the meat??

I don't have a big problem with game hunting as long as it is for food and not fun. I hunted years ago---once---and got a buck with bow and arrow. No gun. I field gutted him and carried him out with help...and I butchered him at home. I never hunted again. Deer need to be culled as there are NO wolves, etc anymore to do the job to keep the balance.

This is such a personal question for each of us. I do what I see as right. I have said here are my opinions and views. Each of us must decide. I know there is a huge draw to that grilled steak or ribs...the men in my life all eat meat with gusto!

If you are really in angst about this, then study it from the beginning to the animal's end. Maybe that will help you find a path that is right for you.

In no way have I meant any harm to the meat industry, any people, or businesses with these statements. They have been said before by people with more knowledge and power than I have. (remember Oprah?) These are my personal opinions only and should not be interpeted as harmful to any industry in any way.

3/1/2008 9:50:26 AM Buddhism anyone?  

29tootsie
Brightwaters, NY

Thanks Charmie...that's a lot to think about. I have tried to completely cut out beef and pork from my diet. I am semi-successful. I will not eat baby animals...lamb, veal, etc. I am confused though about how a Buddhist will remove an earthworm but the Dali Lama eats meat? In Buddhism it ia a personal choice - there is no definitive answer? Do you think the animals have nade some kind of conscious choice to be here for that purpose? ....that they have a "soul" - if you will?

I often think - if we are not supposed to eat animals why the hell do they taste so good??

You have had some interesting life...I always wanted to live on a farm - since I can remember - but doesn't seem to be in the cards. Maybe next time!

3/1/2008 12:42:47 PM Buddhism anyone?  

charmie
Glasgow, MT

'I am confused though about how a Buddhist will remove an earthworm but the Dali Lama eats meat? In Buddhism it ia a personal choice - there is no definitive answer? Do you think the animals have nade some kind of conscious choice to be here for that purpose? ....that they have a "soul" - if you will?

I often think - if we are not supposed to eat animals why the hell do they taste so good?? '

Monks are discouraged from eating animal flesh. It is still their choice. When a monk takes a vow he takes one or more of many types of vows. There is the vow of silence, the vow of karma yoga, etc. If one takes the vow not to eat meat, kill or otherwise harm a living thing, then they will remove the earthworm in their path.

Over the years, the Dali Lama has gone from being vegan to veg*etarism to eating meat, including veal. The Monks do not follow the Dali Lama as much as they follow the teaching of the Buddha, who was a vegatarian at heart, but did eat meat at times...

All living things with faces are sentinet beings...therefore they are deemed to have a soul. This means they are able to experience suffering. As far as them making a conscious choice to be here, I think they may be on the path of their enlightenment.
As far as meat eating or not---
Well… the Buddha left it to you to choose!

Remember- Buddhism is a free religion. Though there are always kinder and wiser choices you can make, you are also free to choose otherwise.

I wonder about the "taste" of any food. For some asparagus is wonderful---me included---but others would not touch it! I also love salmon but my men hate it...
The taste is something we are either taught to like or learn to like. I can become physically ill at the thought of eating beef.
Again, a personal decision weather to eat meat, not eat it, or pick your type to eat. There are no rules on this. Buddha left it up to us on an individual basis.

See----Buddhism IS a free religion!

[Edited 3/1/2008 12:47:27 PM]

3/1/2008 2:12:29 PM Buddhism anyone?  

29tootsie
Brightwaters, NY

Thnk you Charmie...I'm beginning to understand it a little bit.
Interesting about asparagas....lol..... I don't know how many children are offered that as a rule...but amost all kids get McDonald's ...maybe it starts right there. One of my daughters has given up everything but chicken and fish....the other keeps trying to give up meat but she has a hard time - as I do - with that. I still love steak, pork, and will have it occasionally out at a restaurant...my "excuse" is - they bought what they bought and I don't affect that. I don't buy it in the supermarket but I have to admit I do miss it a lot.

I actually do believe that if there is any purpose or reason for all of this then we will all get where we are going - regardless of what we believe. What does Buddhism say about that??

Page: 1, 2