Select your best hookup:
Local
Gay
Asian
Latin
East Europe

megapersonsls

This set of safety pointers will enable you to have a smooth sail on senior dating sites. brazilian christian dating sites I d really like some feedback but I genuinely never know if I have the strength to attempt again. You can use the flirt button for a person to let them know you re interested. nicole nixon only fans The identical could be stated of meeting a person in a pub, club and so on.

apps for hookups iphone

For unknown reasons, she seemed to like me. singles in valdosta ga Whilst these may possibly constitute a compact minority of instances, there are a lot of girls who end up with men and women they by no means pictured themselves dating. It may be hard to hang out with a morning individual when you re a night owl so you may possibly want to get that out of the way as early as the very first date. snap sexting finder Customers expect extra options and want to see study receipts, voice messages, verify irrespective of whether their matches are on line, and extra.

Home  Sign In  Search  Date Ideas  Join  Forums  Groups

3/14/2008 1:59:46 PM post traumatic stress syndrome  

travelgnome
Marietta, GA

this is ONLY for other vets that have it. well
even thought i wasn't no Rambo and did no "big stuff' during deployment,
i was just a helicopter crew-chief but i sill had some losses that i still grieve about
some vets think that i wasnt SF of Ranger that i have nothing to complain about
i have ben outta the military for a few years, i was in the 101 during the 911
and after, its just that now wile trying to have a normal social life
i freak out during loud noise and just strange stuff.
i cant explain it but i have ben uncomfortable with getting help at the VA. i go there for normal health though. just looking for input that's all.

3/14/2008 6:53:34 PM post traumatic stress syndrome  

army21yrs
Cleveland, OH

Hey Travel, The Big Army teaches us to train our bodies to be physically strong,they also teach us to be mentally strong,Dude there's nothing wrong with getting help,Hell I go and I'll tell ya it's the best thing I've done since I got back from Iraq,not only have I been able to deal with all the war stuff but I've learned to cope with civilians and life here.Yeah I still jump from time to time have my nightmares etc.all that stuff has lessend. My counselor at the VA has been a tremendous help,plus you'll find your not the only Veteran having problems the commraderie is a great help to.Check it out.....ya know a friend of mine once told me if you had a really bad cold you'd go to the doctor so what's wrong with getting help.You'll find it's one of the bravest things you'll ever do.Confronting all the crap that's just there,and once and for all putting it in it's well deserved place where ever that is for you.

3/14/2008 8:09:36 PM post traumatic stress syndrome  

venussmiles
Jacksonville Beach, FL

TG - go check it out; you have nothing to lose & everything to gain by it.

We are all individuals with different life experiences who have different reactions to what we were exposed to in the military. Don't short change yourself.

3/14/2008 8:13:49 PM post traumatic stress syndrome  

hartfullofscars
Mooresville, IN

nome, I agree with army. Don't hesitate to get help at the VA. Dont do like I did and wait 30 years before you do it.
I go every week, and it really helps. I'm starting to learn that it helps to talk about it. the shit will eat you up if you let it. I call em my demons.
I posted a thread on the "Site Suggestion" here for a private party chat room where only ones that we invite in to it can come in. I think it would be good for us vets so we could come in here and talk about this kind of stuff with one another with out outsiders looking in.
My therapist tells me that I need to learn a new way to control my thoughts when something happens when something happens that triggers my demons.

if you ever want to talk feel free to give me a shout.

3/15/2008 5:36:35 AM post traumatic stress syndrome  

ru2timid
Rockford, IL

gnome,
I agree with getting support, I also am living proof of what you speak and that for the most part it can be controlled. Being a female has not safeguarded me from "the syndrome".. It can be difficult when people just don't understand... because somethings there are no words for. A good counsellor... even if it is not through the VA can help give some guidance as to your own personal situation. Do not feel you are alone, or that something is majorly abnormal for your reactions. We are a different breed but we are human. I usually have to give a new work crew a speech on what practical jokes they can not do because the outcome will not be funny. Embarassingly I have to admit little dogs do bite, and cornered cats will attack... etc. I have become quite a passive person and most people don't take the warning... which leads me to belive for those that understand no explanation is neccesary and for those who don't... no explanation is good enough. I send you hugs for stepping forward and hope that our support here can help somewhat.
the timid, not so timid one.

3/15/2008 8:25:20 PM post traumatic stress syndrome  

striker29527
London, KY

I can only add my 2 cents worth here by agreeing with army21, hartful, venus and 2timid. go see the folks at the VA. get your ass into group (said in a nice way). we all need to speak with kindred spirits who have been through similar shit.

I did my bit for god king and country in grenada. also pulled a tour in Korea from early 81 to mid 82. lost some good buddies while in the ROK. and from what I've heard the northern boys still have a bounty on my head!

I go and join a group when it starts to get really "hairy" for me and I'm not ashamed to say so either.

I can tell you one thing, if it don't help you much at first, keep going back! you help a lot of others by attending and listening. by listening you also learn at the same time.

the other people may have some suggestions that will help that you may never think of on your own!

[Edited 3/15/2008 8:25:52 PM]

3/27/2008 1:52:28 PM post traumatic stress syndrome  

hartfullofscars
Mooresville, IN

Mark you're doing better than me. I'm not able to put mine into words yet. but I'm working on it bro. My thearapist says I'm making good progress and I start group next week. Hang in there brother

3/31/2008 3:31:21 PM post traumatic stress syndrome  

eagleeyes7
Fort Myers, FL

As a Veteran's Outreach assistant counselor, it was my job to find Vets who were having problems adjusting to "society", and the mentality that they knew to be a facade in their experiences overseas.

Attending these meetings was also of some help to me, as it is not easy to erase, or to put aside some of the things that many of us witnessed in combat, or in dealing with the civilian population in Vietnam, or how we were encouraged to treat them by superiors.

Just being in the company of others who had experienced similar situations is always good for a Vet's well being, and the comraderie of sharing in these experiences has a calming effect on how society is veiwed from this perspective.

I believe that you will grow to deal with these experiences in a healthy manner, and the knowledge that others feel the same way, will give you some relief in how to deal with your personal feelings.

The attitude that civilians "just don't know" and couldn't "understand" what we have been subjected to, is very important in a "forgiveness" of their ignorance and complacency!!

4/6/2008 6:21:21 PM post traumatic stress syndrome  

sparrowstail
Bel Air, MD

new to this sight and the www. four letters caught my attention ptsd.it dont go away.its been 23 years since eventsssssss ocurred.got help,va specific group for trauma. been dealing with this for many years. try and run, but me still follows me. plugged in for ten years with the va. took meds for a few years. did nothing for me. practice alternitive medicine everyday, hence, sparrowstail,four basic movements of many, tai chi chaun and practice chigong. group once a week and pshcologist twice a week. the phd is board certified expert in traumatic stress,bcets, those letters make a differance,also there is a web site called wwwgiftfromwithin.org for more info

4/7/2008 9:31:43 PM post traumatic stress syndrome  

lonesoldier
Eupora, MS

Left nam in 71 the last time and still have problems with a lot of things. Crowed buildings and loud noises. Back then va did not reconize it as a problem just as alot of the latest war casualties are having today. The va, not all of them, employees are there to draw a paycheck and nothing else. Have given up on them and stay out of places I am not comfortable.

4/8/2008 2:33:19 PM post traumatic stress syndrome  

eagleeyes7
Fort Myers, FL

Lonesoldier,
You and I share some pretty sad memories, but I know what you feel when you hear a car backfire, a nut shooting on the 4th of July, or someone trying to sneak up on you for a gag! It's not funny to us, and they don't realize the consequences that could befall them if we react in a survival mode.

Did 3 tours in Nam, and was wounded in action twice.

Any time you want to talk, I'll have an ear for you.

Semper Fi!

[Edited 4/8/2008 2:37:53 PM]

4/8/2008 2:49:40 PM post traumatic stress syndrome  

lonesoldier
Eupora, MS

Eagle, that is the main reason I live forty miles from no place, not as much happening out here. Only someone that has been there or experienced it knows. No scars from my wounds. Unexplained sounds are my worst enemy now.

4/9/2008 4:07:45 PM post traumatic stress syndrome  

sparrowstail
Bel Air, MD

its a good feeling just being able to feel. due to the nature of the beast and the site we are on,i'll be real brief. seen death appear a few times over. saved a few lives. 28 days correctional custody facility. slid a piece of paper under billet room door. some medal. no combat exp. on dd214. took a long time to say let alone write decorated veteran. honor? confused.

4/10/2008 8:20:50 PM post traumatic stress syndrome  

eagleeyes7
Fort Myers, FL

Sparrowstail: Did you serve in a combat zone, like Panama, Somalia, or Granada? You say that there is no combat experience on your DD 214, yet there never is any mention of this on any of them. Decorated for Valor-Where? You obviously have PTSD, and I wonder if you have sought counseling through a Veterans Organization? I don't mean the VA, but a group of Vets that meet weekly or monthly to discuss and vent among each other.

The "slid a piece of paper under a billet room door" aspect is some type of "statement" that you made to someone. What did it mean to you? What were you trying to get across?
You must have pissed someone off, to have spent time in CC, so did you get some type of counseling there?

You should do some homework on what is available to you in your area. Try the phone book first, then call some Vets organizations like the DAV, MOPH, or VVA. Someone will help you, if you but ask.

The "honor" is the fact that you did serve, and no one can take that away from you, so hold on to that for yourself!

Eagle