Select your best hookup:
Local
Gay
Asian
Latin
East Europe

mega personal lines

Once more, look for individuals whose behaviors match your own tolerance for danger. craigslist personals redding I was a bit nervous at the start, but it all felt superior quickly Molly is a good particular person to chat to. Clearly, she says she develops stronger connections with guys who talk about Harry Potter. nightholes com reviews This a single is a fantastic way to see if he s got plans to move up or start out a small business or if he s pleased where he is.

skipthegames singles

Matches are offered a private chat area to get to know a single another better. lake worth dating Do not be shocked to obtain that you don t have the time to date as soon as you have started enjoying your new discovered freedom. You may possibly have some dodgy encounters, guys who want to move to fast and such, but you never specifically need to fear for your life. securedateonline There are plenty of on line dating app achievement stories out there.

Home  Sign In  Search  Date Ideas  Join  Forums  Groups

4/2/2008 4:42:29 PM Worship Styles....  

traveljunkie
Pittsburgh, PA

I am a firm believer - I must admit I'm not living my life like I should be, but, I am curious - are there others out there drawn to a more medative style of Christian worship? I believe but I'm a non-traditional worshipper.

I could see myself in a very peaceful and beautiful environment with tranquil music in the background and someone merely reading THE WORD from the Bible. Not singing hyms, not hearing opinions, just simply hearing the word. It is all about His word; right?

Just curious.

4/2/2008 5:02:46 PM Worship Styles....  

captpappy
Morgan City, LA

I think there are a lot of folks that would refer to themselves as non-denominational or not affileated with any particular church.

Some who are strong leaders in their church may disagree but, what ever way you can best hear the Word of God and understand it in your heart is probably the best for you.

But it doesn't hurt to seek out other Christians ocasionally whether its on the radio or in a local church to help answer the more difficult questions you may have. You will know the right ones when you hear them speak; you'll feel it in your heart.

You may find that they will help lead you to a deeper understanding.

But when all is said and done, the important thing is you are seeking God which is what He want's you to do.

(my opinion)

[Edited 4/2/2008 5:05:20 PM]

4/2/2008 5:37:20 PM Worship Styles....  

traveljunkie
Pittsburgh, PA

Thanks! I appreciate you taking the time to give me your thoughts.

4/2/2008 5:52:23 PM Worship Styles....  

zacman555
Navarre, FL

I agree to at least one extent or another.

What all of us experience is all ordain of God in my opinion.

I also believe I can support that from scripture.

Our lives are a learning ground, and if we don't reach the goal of the High Calling, then we will be corrected in judgment by the saints that do.

Best wishes to you darlin'
Zac

[Edited 4/2/2008 5:52:36 PM]

4/2/2008 6:16:12 PM Worship Styles....  

traveljunkie
Pittsburgh, PA

Thanks Zac and Pappy!

My experience with traditional church has been counter productive for me. Not that I don't want to hear the word of God - I want to hear God's word and not that of mortal man explaining something to me that the book explains just fine. I find church a social environment for people and at times there are things happening that are counter-productive to my experience with God.

The frightening thing to me was when a friend of mine bought me a Buddhist book for my birthday several years back - because of my spiritual ways, he assumed that was my practice. It seriously made me think. But I am a firm, unwavering believer in God - in spite of my lack of practice.

4/2/2008 6:58:53 PM Worship Styles....  

rich101
Lillington, NC

God is Omni Present meaning He is everywhere, not to say you didn’t know that. Go into your inner sanctuary your inner closet some may say, and pray from within yourself. I myself like hearing mellow music as I pray, it helps me to concentrate, and as I come closer to The Lord, the music fades and I can hear His still small voice.
A church isn’t the building, it is the people within it, or where ever two or more are gathered in His name. A church consist of like minded people on one accord, set with a bonding of family. This family offers support and helps you grow. Most of your large congregations have little churches with in one large church. This large church makes up your different denominations. Feeling the Holy Spirit is within you yourself, it’s with how receptive you are willing to be. Being with others of like minds helps you let yourself open up opening your hart to others and giving praise in His Name. Once you have Jesus in your hart, keep Him there and take Him every where you go. Give His word with joy, and you will receive it back to wit your cup overflow.

4/2/2008 8:57:43 PM Worship Styles....  

just1forme
Madison, IN

Log into amazingfacts.org and get bible answers you want to know about this is an amazing sight pastor Doug Bachlor is great. just check it out i think you will be pleased! GOD BLESS YOU IN YOU SEARCH. travel J

4/3/2008 3:47:17 PM Worship Styles....  

harley1tom
Greensburg, PA

TJ,
That is an interesting approach. The Bible says to pray without ceasing, meaning basically God is always there beside you (and if born again in you) so do not ignore Him at all. That would be rude. He is building you through the relationship you have with Him.

Church has several functions. It is to learn from the Word (Bible), fellowship with God and people, and to act as a community to serve each other's needs.

We are commanded to make a joyful noise, but not just during church, and the power of singing praises is demonstrated several places in the Book, but certainly not the only way to worship. Your idea facinates me.

I think what you describe might be like some Quaker (Friends) meetings. Of course our Commonwealth, Pennsylvania, was founded by Friends to be a safe place to worship without persecution.

I would like to discuss your idea further, if you are interested. btw, each time i do a search, you come up as the best match, which lead me here after reading your profile. I am happily surprised to find this thread.

I too have had a hard time finding a venue for worship that suits me. It is all about trusting Him, as revealed through His Word and the Holy Spirit. The HS will not contradict His Word.

While I liked the jungles of Costa Rica, I think I might better like dragging a child through the Grand Canyon or the West Virginia Mts., or even Alaska. The Amazon might be a bit much with a child.

I like your style.
Thomas

4/4/2008 3:39:32 PM Worship Styles....  

ramseygirl
Saint Johns, FL

TJ, I have been let down often by the traditional church also, but when I had kids I realized that I really wanted them to be raised with the benefits of a church family. We have to remember that a church is not the building, it is the people and the people are all sinners, none of them is perfect. But I also find some of my most powerful interaction with God when I am alone....How can you look at a sunset and not worship it's creator? How can you see an infant laugh and not delight in it's Father? I think that as long as you seek God's word, you will eventually be moved to seek God's people. You want to learn from them, love them and fellowship with them. Maybe not all of them, but that is okay...I hope that you find a personal relationship with Jesus in your searching, because that is what is the most important thing.