Select your best hookup:
Local
Gay
Asian
Latin
East Europe

okcupid hookup dating sites

To encounter the call of sincere friendship or a appreciate story complete of overwhelming passion is very quick with LovesFlirt. dating sites in michigan Often items sound improved in your head than written out. A swipe left implies you re not interested in the person, when a swipe appropriate signifies that you d like to get to know the individual. listcrawler huntsville alabama Striking a conversation behind the safety of one s smartphone not only protects us from such embarrassment, it also aids make a excellent initially impression.

listcrawler ads

They re now physically distant once more, with Megan back in Seattle and Ahmed in Saudi Arabia for work, but are counting down the days until Ahmed s visa is approved and he can join her. best free dating sites vancouver Do you want to find out what their morals and religious views are, or would you rather ask about their perform life balance? Either way, their answers can be big in telling you who they are. You cannot expect them to be completely committed to you, particularly in the initial stages. finding hookups without craigslist On line dating chat service is a virtual dating system permitting persons to meet on the web and create a social, terrific friendships and to supply individual data.

Home  Sign In  Search  Date Ideas  Join  Forums  Groups

5/20/2008 8:01:44 AM Do high gas prices affect your search for a date?  

h82w8
Homer City, PA

Hi, all!
Pennsylvania is such a large, beautiful state with lots of rural areas. There aren't many members in my age group that live very close to me; most are over 20 miles away. I'm wondering if the distance keeps men from responding to my "winks." With the price of gasoline near $4.00 a gallon, are you willing to drive a few extra miles for a date?
Thanks for your input.
~h82w8

5/20/2008 8:30:42 AM Do high gas prices affect your search for a date?  

a12go1
Coalport, PA

going the extra mile is worth it, you never know if the sparks will fly or not till you try

5/20/2008 8:58:13 AM Do high gas prices affect your search for a date?  

york49
York, PA

When I was searching and the price of gas was steadily increasing, YES, my range on my searches narrowed. I dated a gal once who lived 140 miles away. The time on the road was not the issue but the cost to get there and back a few times a week became something I could not afford to do. If I was to do a search again at the current prices of gas I'd choose "within walking distance" if they had one!

5/20/2008 9:17:12 AM Do high gas prices affect your search for a date?  

charlot
Tyrone, PA

I think if you truly click, the distance becomes less of a priority. Realistically, time is a harder thing to accomodate than distance for me. I've communicated with a few very sweet, intelligent men on here. The connection can needlessly fizzle without attention. My time seems stretched to the max and I have so little of it left for me. oh well, that's (my) life!

5/20/2008 11:20:01 AM Do high gas prices affect your search for a date?  

crimsoncruiser
Huntsville, AL

Not at all.
I got a bicycle, and I ain't afraid to use it for the right lady.

[Edited 5/20/2008 11:20:46 AM]

5/20/2008 12:03:00 PM Do high gas prices affect your search for a date?  

no12luvyet
Philadelphia, PA

i would say yes ,the gas prices here reached 3.95 a gallon some places 4.23. i used to date a woman for 6 yrs in east noralton,thats a suburb of NORRISTOWN.Pa and it would only cost 5.00 both ways ,now it costs like ten (10) dollars one way. i am on a set budget and have a mortgage and utilities .i pay all that by myself .that in itself is hard and can cause a relationship to strain as the female sorta thinks your being cheap when i realtiy im making payments for the Home we may share one day. so the answewr to your question is YES it does contribute a burden on a budding relationship. and this message is for all you lovely ladies who want a relationship.don't be afraid of giving out your ph # after chatting about 6 times .no axe murderer is going to wait that long to get you ........lol. get to know the man for who he is and stop listening to the other losers online.listen to your heart and i promise you ,you;ll be the happy woman and you;ll still see her online with nobody .......lol. be yourself.

5/20/2008 3:58:40 PM Do high gas prices affect your search for a date?  

h82w8
Homer City, PA

Thanks for your input. I was thinking more in the context of a first date, before you really know the person. Are you going to take a chance in the first place on someone who lives 30 or more miles away from you? It's a different story once the chemistry is there!

Charlot~I hear ya about the time involved, but where is your time going? If it's to your job, it's good to slow down a bit and make the time for yourself and maybe find someone you'll want to spend your time with. Life is hectic for single adults in our age brackets, but it's good to re-prioritize once in a while. (sorry if I'm preaching)

I like the idea of the bike, crimson! How long will it take you to bike to southwestern PA? (Don't try to pull a fast one on me, either..... I drove to Huntsville last fall..... it was long AND expensive!! LOL (Enjoyed your space center)

So far, the guys are tied at 2 NOs and 2 YESes, so I'm not getting a consensus yet. Anyone else?

5/20/2008 4:14:26 PM Do high gas prices affect your search for a date?  

no12luvyet
Philadelphia, PA

after seeing what each other looks like , and if we spoke on the phone and got to know one another that way ? i would drive to her and see if the sparks created a flame. but i can usually detect if a female is interrested in me . read some of my posts,they may help in understanding why some men don't have an interrest ,in long distant relationships. by the way ,thats all im interrested in . i don't like fun dating or friends with benefits. i hope i answered your question this time .

5/20/2008 6:16:23 PM Do high gas prices affect your search for a date?  

york49
York, PA

Revision - if I was only looking for a "date" and not a long term relationship, then a longer drive is no problem. That can be a neat way to explore other areas you might not otherwise get to see. My search however was to find someone to share more than just a date, so I chose to look much closer to home so we could enjoy those spontaneous decisions to go do something without having to fill up the tank first. Guess this didn't break the tie at 2-2 LOL.

5/20/2008 8:12:10 PM Do high gas prices affect your search for a date?  

akus_50
Mount Union, PA

I would go that extra mile,

unless i start hanging out at a gas station to met someone.

5/20/2008 10:06:39 PM Do high gas prices affect your search for a date?  

no12luvyet
Philadelphia, PA

That was good AKUS you gave me an idea hun, lets all fall find a friend with benefits ,what i mean when i say benefits i meant Gasoline benefits..........lol. anyway .getting back to it . theres one particular WOMAN on here no wait i'm lying,there are 3 WOMEN on DH who i'd really LOVE to know better and wouldnt mind spending more time with her and getting to know all about her. but after communicating with her for about 6 times she all of a sudden acted like i didnt even exist.don;t ask me how you can start to have feelings for someone you havent met yet ,it;s just something i can feel ,her words ,her phrases speak for themselves.well anyway , i was starting to want her and my next step was to see if she wanted to exchange digits.well it never seems to fail ,they all find someone else or want to try being with someone better .then i lose all interrest in her. woah !! i seem to have lost track here..........lol. bye peple hope to hear from you soon

5/21/2008 5:03:02 AM Do high gas prices affect your search for a date?  

crimsoncruiser
Huntsville, AL

Quote from h82w8:

I like the idea of the bike, crimson! How long will it take you to bike to southwestern PA? (Don't try to pull a fast one on me, either..... I drove to Huntsville last fall..... it was long AND expensive!! LOL (Enjoyed your space center)

I'm not sure, but I've been thinking of it.
There's another PA sweetie on here that I was thinking of walking to meet. Save the wear and tear on the bike and all that. Then I got to considering shoe leather, how many Radio Flyers full of PB&J sandwiches I'd have to take to keep from starving to death and how much tea I'd have to take to keep from choking on the PB&J.......

I must admit, the logistics of it all were a bit daunting, hence, back to the bike.

I could just pedal with my mouth open and eat bugs for nourishment.
Figure it'd have to rain at least a couple of times and I could just tilt my head back for a drink.

I'm headin' out tomorrow morning.
Probably see you PA ladies sometime around the end of September

5/21/2008 8:03:50 AM Do high gas prices affect your search for a date?  

h82w8
Homer City, PA

crimson~
If your gee-tar has a southern twang, we'll hear ya comin' about half way thru West Virginia!

5/21/2008 8:18:30 AM Do high gas prices affect your search for a date?  

charlot
Tyrone, PA

Quote from crimsoncruiser:
Quote from h82w8:

I'm not sure, but I've been thinking of it.
There's another PA sweetie on here that I was thinking of walking to meet. Save the wear and tear on the bike and all that. Then I got to considering shoe leather, how many Radio Flyers full of PB&J sandwiches I'd have to take to keep from starving to death and how much tea I'd have to take to keep from choking on the PB&J.......

I must admit, the logistics of it all were a bit daunting, hence, back to the bike.

I could just pedal with my mouth open and eat bugs for nourishment.
Figure it'd have to rain at least a couple of times and I could just tilt my head back for a drink.

I'm headin' out tomorrow morning.
Probably see you PA ladies sometime around the end of September
Pa is beautiful that time of year, actually year round. You may have to invest in a plow for the front if you plan on staying any length of time. Or maybe just hole up and hibernate.

5/21/2008 8:24:28 AM Do high gas prices affect your search for a date?  

charlot
Tyrone, PA

Quote from h82w8:
Thanks for your input. I was thinking more in the context of a first date, before you really know the person. Are you going to take a chance in the first place on someone who lives 30 or more miles away from you? It's a different story once the chemistry is there!

Charlot~I hear ya about the time involved, but where is your time going? If it's to your job, it's good to slow down a bit and make the time for yourself and maybe find someone you'll want to spend your time with. Life is hectic for single adults in our age brackets, but it's good to re-prioritize once in a while. (sorry if I'm preaching)

So far, the guys are tied at 2 NOs and 2 YESes, so I'm not getting a consensus yet. Anyone else?

I appreciate the advice, I wish I could slow down. I am helping my son through college, I work 2 jobs and all the other chores that life tosses our way for attention. I plan on spending the lottery proceeds on gas cards for all the fine folks here who make my life so much more pleasant. Go, explore, learn everything about the people you love. For those who don't drive, how does a hot air balloon sound, skim the treetops on the way to heaven.

Page: 1, 2