Select your best hookup:
Local
Gay
Asian
Latin
East Europe

privatedelights

We ve collected some of their quite ideal responses, so scroll down, and appreciate. senior dating redding ca Even though some identified like in 2020, the pandemic also took a toll on some marriages. She went back residence and realized that he forgot his backpack. rubmaps edgewater nj I thought we d be going for a stroll to look at the cute shops.

most popular hookup sites

And keep in mind, if you are ever abused or assaulted whilst on a date, it is not your fault and you can get help. single men in bend oregon Believed I got face trouble or one thing. If you sign up using your mobile telephone number, you could obtain promotional SMS messages and survey requests from Bumble. cityxguide com northern va Right after six months of dating, they decided to move in collectively.

Home  Sign In  Search  Date Ideas  Join  Forums  Singles Groups  - 100% FREE Online Dating, Join Now!

9/10/2012 11:13:54 AM What's the point in praying if God is already all-knowing?  
gonedays99
Over 4,000 Posts! (4,232)
Eskifjördur
Iceland
27, joined Apr. 2012

Let's look at a classic example.

Whenever somebody is ill, Christians want to pray over that person. Well if God already is ever present and all-knowing, what use does praying do when God is the present, past, and future, and therefore he already has his plans set out?

Scenario 1:

A Christian is dying of cancer. People pray over the Christian to heal them and say Jesus has the power to heal all sicknesses. A few months pass by and the Christian is healed!! Therefore Christians say "Jesus has the power to heal, he answered our prayers."

Scenario 2:
A Christian is dying of cancer. People pray over the Christian to heal them and say Jesus has the power to heal all sicknesses. A few months pass by and the Christian dies. People say "God has his plans, he is in a better place now."

So technically shouldn't it be "Jesus heals sometimes, only when he decides he should, and he is selective in who he should heal?"

Maybe God is bias against Africans because he doesn't answer their prayers a lot

Meet singles at DateHookup.dating, we're 100% free! Join now!

DateHookup.dating - 100% Free Personals

9/10/2012 5:21:34 PM What's the point in praying if God is already all-knowing?  
a_codger
Over 7,500 Posts!! (8,065)
Mountain View, AB
54, joined Aug. 2009

Death is an intimidating reality for us all and the demise of another can be a harsh reminder of our own impending end, both of which can be hard things to wrap our heads around.

I think that appealing to a magical being on behalf of someone else (or ourselves) gives people the illusion of actually actively doing something, when there is little else for them to do.

9/10/2012 5:26:39 PM What's the point in praying if God is already all-knowing?  
gonedays99
Eskifjördur
Iceland
27, joined Apr. 2012

God is great when he does good things. And God is also great when he does bad things. I guess because he is God that gives him the right to always be great.

But then when Christians go around saying "it happened for a reason, God has other plans" I think they just say this to cope with death because they can't face reality.

Let's get this straight people, nothing is great about hundreds of innocent children dying each year of cancer. And praying about this...doesn't do a thing.

9/10/2012 5:26:40 PM What's the point in praying if God is already all-knowing?  
mr_crowley
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (17,692)
Aynor, SC
47, joined Feb. 2009

This is the very logic I used when creating my "guns don't kill people, god kills people" thread.
Since "god" knows all(past, present & future) and "god" is responsible for everything that happens.
Logically "god" has killed everyone who has ever died.

9/10/2012 8:46:06 PM What's the point in praying if God is already all-knowing?  
not_a_pariah
Over 1,000 Posts (1,047)
Spring, TX
45, joined Dec. 2011

Quote from gonedays99:
God is great when he does good things. And God is also great when he does bad things. I guess because he is God that gives him the right to always be great.

But then when Christians go around saying "it happened for a reason, God has other plans" I think they just say this to cope with death because they can't face reality.

Let's get this straight people, nothing is great about hundreds of innocent children dying each year of cancer. And praying about this...doesn't do a thing.

Why do you worry so much about Christians? Get a life.

And no I don't worry about atheists...they have no voting power.

Name a politician who speaks at the Reason Convention? Reason Riot? Reason Rally?

atheist need a "Reason for Existence"......

9/10/2012 10:17:52 PM What's the point in praying if God is already all-knowing?  
gonedays99
Eskifjördur
Iceland
27, joined Apr. 2012

Why do you worry so much about Christians? Get a life.

And no I don't worry about atheists...they have no voting power.

Name a politician who speaks at the Reason Convention? Reason Riot? Reason Rally?

atheist need a "Reason for Existence"......

I have a life. Thankfully one that isn't dictated by a book, written many years ago, based on something that has never been proven to exist, and which is riddled with contradictions.

Of course nobody can deny the existence of God, which is why I never claim to be atheist, I'm merely pointing out the flaws in those who pray when God is already all-knowing.

I guess praying makes people feel better in their own head even when we all know if we had to rely on praying rather than medicine... that would work out rather poorly.

[Edited 9/10/2012 10:19:24 PM ]

9/22/2012 4:42:34 PM What's the point in praying if God is already all-knowing?  
gonedays99
Eskifjördur
Iceland
27, joined Apr. 2012

Bump

Is praying something that actually works or is it basically a placebo effect to increase people's well-being

9/22/2012 7:02:28 PM What's the point in praying if God is already all-knowing?  
care888
New York, NY
34, joined Aug. 2012

"And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by men. I tell you the truth, they have received their reward in full.

“Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? 26Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his lifeb?

Well pray according to the way the Holy Spirit ask of you.......

9/22/2012 7:42:03 PM What's the point in praying if God is already all-knowing?  
john487
King of Prussia, PA
45, joined Nov. 2011

I've always viewed prayer more as a way to commune with God, not a way to get something or other. It's hard not to pray for intesession when faced with a sick child or loved one, but that's hit or miss, as you point out. So why pray?

I pray for the inner strength to do what must be done. All else is in God's hands.

And I don't believe in a God that created all races and is then biased against one or another. Africa might look up now and think, Why does god hate us? But there were times in history when Africa was up and Europe was down. It's just the ebb and flow of history.

9/22/2012 8:11:13 PM What's the point in praying if God is already all-knowing?  

iyamwutiyam
Over 7,500 Posts!! (9,011)
Middelfart
Denmark
46, joined Dec. 2011

First of all if you read the Bible you learn very quickly God is insane, can't make clear decisions and can be persuaded to change his mind. God also has human body parts. Hands, feet, a face and yeah he has an a** too. God has to sit down and rest like ever one else and gets so tired he must rest on the 6th day.

I know you idiot religious people make up shit all the time and enough of are mentally ill suffering a number of common mental disorders including hallucinations. Everything above is based on scripture and your insane life is guided by scripture.

When you pray you are masturbating yourself. It makes you feel good and has a placebo effect so keep doing it but if you think you can change the course of events by sucking and blowing air then you're mentally ill. Lets take healing prayers for example. The most exhaustive studies conducted have proven prayers have no effect on the sick and dying. So if you need to pray because someone is sick you're doing that because you're useless, helpless and delusional.

9/22/2012 8:18:57 PM What's the point in praying if God is already all-knowing?  
gonedays99
Eskifjördur
Iceland
27, joined Apr. 2012

Quote from john487:
I've always viewed prayer more as a way to commune with God, not a way to get something or other. It's hard not to pray for intesession when faced with a sick child or loved one, but that's hit or miss, as you point out. So why pray?

I pray for the inner strength to do what must be done. All else is in God's hands.

And I don't believe in a God that created all races and is then biased against one or another. Africa might look up now and think, Why does god hate us? But there were times in history when Africa was up and Europe was down. It's just the ebb and flow of history.

But God is already all-knowing so what's really the point in praying when his decision is already made. Do you actually think he will intervene?

With the famous saying "ask and you shall receive" if you are asking for a sick child to be healed and then two days later they die, how did you receive what you asked for? How come people twist this and say "God did give you something but it's too difficult to understand and maybe that child is in a better place."

Why can't the quote be more logical and reasonable and say "ask and there is a possibility you will get what you asked for, but most of all this is based on probabilistic outcomes"

9/22/2012 9:01:02 PM What's the point in praying if God is already all-knowing?  
john487
King of Prussia, PA
45, joined Nov. 2011

There are some that would say that prayer without faith is ineffective, so the very fact that you doubt so strongly would neutralize any prayers you make.

I don't pretend to understand the motives or actions of God. Sometimes all you can do is pray, and then it either works or it doesn't.

9/22/2012 9:23:11 PM What's the point in praying if God is already all-knowing?  

iyamwutiyam
Middelfart
Denmark
46, joined Dec. 2011

Quote from john487:
There are some that would say that prayer without faith is ineffective, so the very fact that you doubt so strongly would neutralize any prayers you make.

The studies were done with Christian who don't doubt their fantasy. They had strong faith and it did no good. In fact some of those patients who learned people were praying for them got worse.

I don't pretend to understand the motives or actions of God.
You mean you don't pretend to understand the motives or actions of writers, preachers, and others who engage in religiosity.

Sometimes all you can do is pray, and then it either works or it doesn't.
That's right. It works because you think it works as in when you pray for rain. Whether you pray or not its going to rain anyway and magical thinkers will believe they made it rain. It doesn't work because it never works.

9/22/2012 9:35:37 PM What's the point in praying if God is already all-knowing?  

zoocitykitty
Over 4,000 Posts! (6,201)
Greensboro, NC
42, joined Sep. 2010

We all have a way of praying. Some pray out loud, some pray to themselves and some feel that God knows our feelings regardless. God ( our creator), is all knowing..but when we pray, we come together and the presence of love is there. Prayers give hope and it is a known fact that prayers have brought positive hope and change to those that are deathly ill.
Praying helps us to ease our minds knowing that we do not always have to rely on other human beings to give us hope. Sometimes we just want to be heard by something kinder and more understanding of all that goes on around us. To not have someone to pray for me when I need it would seem lonely. I feel that is why some people choose to throw off on those that believe in prayer. They simply do not understand the power it brings.

Might I also say that prayer is in all religions and even those that do not believe in anything pray in their own way. Meditation is a type of healing. It is praying to ones soul and asking for strength. It actually shows that human beings are meant to believe in something more than just nothing.

9/22/2012 9:42:35 PM What's the point in praying if God is already all-knowing?  

zoocitykitty
Greensboro, NC
42, joined Sep. 2010

Iyam: I have a personal question to ask you and you do not have to answer ( I am sure you won't in the way anyone can comprehend); Do you have children, close loved ones, close friends? If something happened to someone you are close to(love), would you say " I hope nothing happens"? Would you just sit there and not care? I would like a normal answer as well, no diversion please.

[Edited 9/22/2012 9:43:21 PM ]

9/22/2012 9:48:22 PM What's the point in praying if God is already all-knowing?  

zoocitykitty
Greensboro, NC
42, joined Sep. 2010

gonedays99: With the famous saying "ask and you shall receive" if you are asking for a sick child to be healed and then two days later they die, how did you receive what you asked for? How come people twist this and say "God did give you something but it's too difficult to understand and maybe that child is in a better place."

I understand where you are coming from. God knows all and has plans for us all, but prayer is the same as those that come together and help out during a tragedy. It is helpful to our minds and to those that are sick. I believe that we are naturally going to live, or die and some people have fought harder to survive simply because they know they have those praying for them and loving them immensely. It shows faith. Not only faith in our Creator, but faith in the person that is sick.

9/22/2012 9:52:53 PM What's the point in praying if God is already all-knowing?  

iyamwutiyam
Middelfart
Denmark
46, joined Dec. 2011

The deathly ill might feel better when they pray for themselves because prayer is a pacifier and has a placebo effect. However, praying for someone else who is deathly ill is a pacifier for the one doing the praying.

Knowing that people are praying for you might make you feel nice but so does wishing you well or good luck. For the deathly ill, knowledge that you're in their prayers might actually make you worse. That is the nocebo effect from believing you're more sick than you really are and then actually getting more sick.

Prayer pacifiers you in the same way as drinking warm tea but many religious nuts have an obsessive compulsion to pray to a magical being. They are no different then a schizophrenic who wears a tin foil hat to focus his brainwaves at martians.

[Edited 9/22/2012 9:55:28 PM ]

9/22/2012 9:55:04 PM What's the point in praying if God is already all-knowing?  

zoocitykitty
Greensboro, NC
42, joined Sep. 2010

Quote from iyamwutiyam:
The deathly ill might feel better when they pray for themselves because prayer is a pacifier and has a placebo effect. However, praying for someone else who is deathly ill is a pacifier for the one doing the praying.

Knowing that people are praying for you might make you feel nice but does does wishing you well or good luck. For the deathly ill, knowledge that you're in their prayers might actually make you worse. That is the nocebo effect from believing you're more sick than you really are and then actually getting more sick.

Prayer pacifiers you in the same way as drinking warm tea but for many religious nuts have an obsessive compulsion to pray to a magical being and are no different then a schizophrenic who wears a tin foil hat to focus his brainwaves at martians.

Have you had a loved one that was very ill? Anyone you love to die? if so, did you sit there and just say " ho humm dee dee dee", I am tired of this and die already"?

I would love a sincere answer and no diversion.

9/22/2012 9:56:42 PM What's the point in praying if God is already all-knowing?  

iyamwutiyam
Middelfart
Denmark
46, joined Dec. 2011

Your prayers are for you and its a selfish act and shows how helpless you are. It has nothing to do with any loved ones who are sick. Its all about you because you can't do anything else.

9/22/2012 10:10:47 PM What's the point in praying if God is already all-knowing?  

zoocitykitty
Greensboro, NC
42, joined Sep. 2010

Again, have you had anyone to be deathly ill? Have you worried over anyone enough that you cry over them? Are you even close to anyone, or do you think of yourself? Prayer to me is not about me, it is about them and always them. I pray THEY get better. Being selfish would be not caring at all.

[Edited 9/22/2012 10:11:40 PM ]

9/22/2012 10:14:12 PM What's the point in praying if God is already all-knowing?  

fuzy_wuzy
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (10,381)
West Yellowstone, MT
61, joined Aug. 2011

God loves to hear us grovel

9/22/2012 10:23:45 PM What's the point in praying if God is already all-knowing?  

zoocitykitty
Greensboro, NC
42, joined Sep. 2010

Quote from fuzy_wuzy:
God loves to hear us grovel

Just for you.

9/23/2012 12:23:57 AM What's the point in praying if God is already all-knowing?  
gonedays99
Eskifjördur
Iceland
27, joined Apr. 2012

So essentially it is just the idea of being hopeful and I guess it puts the mind at ease. Because to me I think it's ridiculous when certain Christians refuse to go to hospitals because they believe Jesus can heal on his own just like some of the BS in the Bible when Jesus spits on a guy's eyes and then he is no longer blind.

If it worked like that then I guess there would be no need for doctors, medicine, or any type of first aid. If you got shot would you feel more safe having an ambulance take you to the emergency room or would you prefer a bunch of Christians praying over you to heal you because they have the power of Jesus?

Whackjobs

9/23/2012 12:43:34 AM What's the point in praying if God is already all-knowing?  

furchizedek
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (17,868)
Kingman, AZ
72, joined Sep. 2010

Praying is good for the pray-er. God does not change his plans. You are correct in saying that God does not intervene in most of our issues, especially when we pray for materialistic things such as to be miraculously cured of cancer, etc. How come there are remissions of cancer, but amputees never get their arms and legs back? God doesn't do those things is why. Still, it never hurts to ask. A child is always within his or her rights to petition the parent. Sometimes understanding of God's answer won't come in this lifetime.

Quote from gonedays99:

Whenever somebody is ill, Christians want to pray over that person. Well if God already is ever present and all-knowing, what use does praying do when God is the present, past, and future, and therefore he already has his plans set out?

Scenario 1:

A Christian is dying of cancer. People pray over the Christian to heal them and say Jesus has the power to heal all sicknesses. A few months pass by and the Christian is healed!! Therefore Christians say "Jesus has the power to heal, he answered our prayers."

Scenario 2:
A Christian is dying of cancer. People pray over the Christian to heal them and say Jesus has the power to heal all sicknesses. A few months pass by and the Christian dies. People say "God has his plans, he is in a better place now."

So technically shouldn't it be "Jesus heals sometimes, only when he decides he should, and he is selective in who he should heal?"

Maybe God is bias against Africans because he doesn't answer their prayers a lot

9/23/2012 12:51:57 AM What's the point in praying if God is already all-knowing?  

furchizedek
Kingman, AZ
72, joined Sep. 2010

Quote from gonedays99:
So essentially it is just the idea of being hopeful and I guess it puts the mind at ease. Because to me I think it's ridiculous when certain Christians refuse to go to hospitals because they believe Jesus can heal on his own just like some of the BS in the Bible when Jesus spits on a guy's eyes and then he is no longer blind.

If it worked like that then I guess there would be no need for doctors, medicine, or any type of first aid. If you got shot would you feel more safe having an ambulance take you to the emergency room or would you prefer a bunch of Christians praying over you to heal you because they have the power of Jesus?

Whackjobs

Here is the true story of Jesus spitting to make a blind man see. It was a genuine miracle but the spit was just part of the expected "props."

HEALING THE BLIND BEGGAR (Part 1)

164:3.1 The next morning the three went over to Martha’s home at Bethany for breakfast and then went immediately into Jerusalem. This Sabbath morning, as Jesus and his two apostles drew near the temple, they encountered a well-known beggar, a man who had been born blind, sitting at his usual place. Although these mendicants did not solicit or receive alms on the Sabbath day, they were permitted thus to sit in their usual places. Jesus paused and looked upon the beggar. As he gazed upon this man who had been born blind, the idea came into his mind as to how he would once more bring his mission on earth to the notice of the Sanhedrin and the other Jewish leaders and religious teachers.

164:3.2 As the Master stood there before the blind man, engrossed in deep thought, Nathaniel, pondering the possible cause of this man’s blindness, asked: “Master, who did sin, this man or his parents, that he should be born blind?”

164:3.3 The rabbis taught that all such cases of blindness from birth were caused by sin. Not only were children conceived and born in sin, but a child could be born blind as a punishment for some specific sin committed by its father. They even taught that a child itself might sin before it was born into the world. They also taught that such defects could be caused by some sin or other indulgence of the mother while carrying the child.
164:3.4 There was, throughout all these regions, a lingering belief in reincarnation. The older Jewish teachers, together with Plato, Philo, and many of the Essenes, tolerated the theory that men may reap in one incarnation what they have sown in a previous existence; thus in one life they were believed to be expiating the sins committed in preceding lives. The Master found it difficult to make men believe that their souls had not had previous existences.

164:3.5 However, inconsistent as it seems, while such blindness was supposed to be the result of sin, the Jews held that it was meritorious in a high degree to give alms to these blind beggars. It was the custom of these blind men constantly to chant to the passers-by, “O tenderhearted, gain merit by assisting the blind.”

164:3.6 Jesus entered into the discussion of this case with Nathaniel and Thomas, not only because he had already decided to use this blind man as the means of that day bringing his mission once more prominently to the notice of the Jewish leaders, but also because he always encouraged his apostles to seek for the true causes of all phenomena, natural or spiritual. He had often warned them to avoid the common tendency to assign spiritual causes to commonplace physical events.

164:3.7 Jesus decided to use this beggar in his plans for that day’s work, but before doing anything for the blind man, Josiah by name, he proceeded to answer Nathaniel’s question. Said the Master: “Neither did this man sin nor his parents that the works of God might be manifest in him. This blindness has come upon him in the natural course of events, but we must now do the works of Him who sent me, while it is still day, for the night will certainly come when it will be impossible to do the work we are about to perform. When I am in the world, I am the light of the world, but in only a little while I will not be with you.”

164:3.8 When Jesus had spoken, he said to Nathaniel and Thomas: “Let us create the sight of this blind man on this Sabbath day that the scribes and Pharisees may have the full occasion which they seek for accusing the Son of Man.” Then, stooping over, he spat on the ground and mixed the clay with the spittle, and speaking of all this so that the blind man could hear, he went up to Josiah and put the clay over his sightless eyes, saying: “Go, my son, wash away this clay in the pool of Siloam, and immediately you shall receive your sight.” And when Josiah had so washed in the pool of Siloam, he returned to his friends and family, seeing.

164:3.9 Having always been a beggar, he knew nothing else; so, when the first excitement of the creation of his sight had passed, he returned to his usual place of alms-seeking. His friends, neighbors, and all who had known him aforetime, when they observed that he could see, all said, “Is this not Josiah the blind beggar?” Some said it was he, while others said, “No, it is one like him, but this man can see.” But when they asked the man himself, he answered, “I am he.”

164:3.10 When they began to inquire of him how he was able to see, he answered them: “A man called Jesus came by this way, and when talking about me with his friends, he made clay with spittle, anointed my eyes, and directed that I should go and wash in the pool of Siloam. I did what this man told me, and immediately I received my sight. And that is only a few hours ago. I do not yet know the meaning of much that I see.” And when the people who began to gather about him asked where they could find the strange man who had healed him, Josiah could answer only that he did not know.

Continued...

9/23/2012 12:52:45 AM What's the point in praying if God is already all-knowing?  

furchizedek
Kingman, AZ
72, joined Sep. 2010

Healing The Blind Beggar -Part 2

164:3.11 This is one of the strangest of all the Master’s miracles. This man did not ask for healing. He did not know that the Jesus who had directed him to wash at Siloam, and who had promised him vision, was the prophet of Galilee who had preached in Jerusalem during the feast of tabernacles. This man had little faith that he would receive his sight, but the people of that day had great faith in the efficacy of the spittle of a great or holy man; and from Jesus’ conversation with Nathaniel and Thomas, Josiah had concluded that his would-be benefactor was a great man, a learned teacher or a holy prophet; accordingly he did as Jesus directed him.
164:3.12 Jesus made use of the clay and the spittle and directed him to wash in the symbolic pool of Siloam for three reasons:

164:3.13 1. This was not a miracle response to the individual’s faith. This was a wonder which Jesus chose to perform for a purpose of his own, but which he so arranged that this man might derive lasting benefit therefrom.

164:3.14 2. As the blind man had not asked for healing, and since the faith he had was slight, these material acts were suggested for the purpose of encouraging him. He did believe in the superstition of the efficacy of spittle, and he knew the pool of Siloam was a semisacred place. But he would hardly have gone there had it not been necessary to wash away the clay of his anointing. There was just enough ceremony about the transaction to induce him to act.

164:3.15 3. But Jesus had a third reason for resorting to these material means in connection with this unique transaction: This was a miracle wrought purely in obedience to his own choosing, and thereby he desired to teach his followers of that day and all subsequent ages to refrain from despising or neglecting material means in the healing of the sick. He wanted to teach them that they must cease to regard miracles as the only method of curing human diseases.

164:3.16 Jesus gave this man his sight by miraculous working, on this Sabbath morning and in Jerusalem near the temple, for the prime purpose of making this act an open challenge to the Sanhedrin and all the Jewish teachers and religious leaders. This was his way of proclaiming an open break with the Pharisees. He was always positive in everything he did. And it was for the purpose of bringing these matters before the Sanhedrin that Jesus brought his two apostles to this man early in the afternoon of this Sabbath day and deliberately provoked those discussions which compelled the Pharisees to take notice of the miracle. -The Urantia Book

9/23/2012 12:55:12 AM What's the point in praying if God is already all-knowing?  

furchizedek
Kingman, AZ
72, joined Sep. 2010

Very good!

Quote from zoocitykitty:
Just for you.

9/23/2012 1:09:09 AM What's the point in praying if God is already all-knowing?  

furchizedek
Kingman, AZ
72, joined Sep. 2010

Quote from gonedays99:
But God is already all-knowing so what's really the point in praying when his decision is already made. Do you actually think he will intervene?

You are correct. He does not intervene.

With the famous saying "ask and you shall receive" if you are asking for a sick child to be healed and then two days later they die, how did you receive what you asked for? How come people twist this and say "God did give you something but it's too difficult to understand and maybe that child is in a better place."

It's even worse than that. The bible Jesus says,

"If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it." (John 14:14)

Clearly that doesn't happen. So what does that mean? It means that Jesus never said it.

Here's the true story about that:

180:2.4 ...great sorrow later attended the misinterpretation of the Master's inferences regarding prayer. There would have been little difficulty about these teachings if his exact words had been remembered and subsequently truthfully recorded. But as the record was made, believers eventually regarded prayer in Jesus' name as a sort of supreme magic, thinking that they would receive from the Father anything they asked for. For centuries honest souls have continued to wreck their faith against this stumbling block. How long will it take the world of believers to understand that prayer is not a process of getting your way but rather a program of taking God's way, an experience of learning how to recognize and execute the Father's will? It is entirely true that, when your will has been truly aligned with his, you can ask anything conceived by that will-union, and it will be granted. And such a will-union is effected by and through Jesus even as the life of the vine flows into and through the living branches. -The Urantia Book

Why can't the quote be more logical and reasonable and say "ask and there is a possibility you will get what you asked for, but most of all this is based on probabilistic outcomes"

9/23/2012 1:14:13 AM What's the point in praying if God is already all-knowing?  
gonedays99
Eskifjördur
Iceland
27, joined Apr. 2012

So essentially the Bible is like children's eyewitness testimonies; full of lies.

[Edited 9/23/2012 1:14:43 AM ]

9/23/2012 5:20:48 AM What's the point in praying if God is already all-knowing?  
heymisterchris
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (11,439)
Hicksville, NY
54, joined Dec. 2010

To let God know that I know that God knows that I know that God knows.

9/23/2012 7:43:05 AM What's the point in praying if God is already all-knowing?  

iyamwutiyam
Middelfart
Denmark
46, joined Dec. 2011

Quote from zoocitykitty:
Again, have you had anyone to be deathly ill? Have you worried over anyone enough that you cry over them? Are you even close to anyone, or do you think of yourself? Prayer to me is not about me, it is about them and always them. I pray THEY get better. Being selfish would be not caring at all.

You're an emotionally weak individual and that is understandable. Crying is not praying but a genuine expression of emotion. Praying is a genuine expression of your own personal desperation and inability to cope. Doing that around a dying person has the same effect as yelling out, "your going to die!" over and over.

So it is a selfish act for your own benefit just to make yourself feel better. Doing that next to someone who is suffering is reprehensible. Your actions just make things worse. They dying person is far more at peace if you are just there for them, holding them, speaking in soothing tones and not acting like a goddam immature idiot.

Christians are irrational and mentally distorted. Reality is too difficult for these people because they're mentally weak. They're superstitious, believe magical fantasies and fairytale stories and behave in ways that make you want to puke. The last thing anyone who is suffering and dying should have around them are idiots like this who would destroy any chance of a peaceful end.

9/23/2012 8:13:25 AM What's the point in praying if God is already all-knowing?  

asanb
Over 4,000 Posts! (4,307)
Sanbornton, NH
59, joined Jul. 2012

The premis of the thread is missing an element- The assumption is that prayer is about making a petition for relief from suffering for someone, perhaps ones self. There is another kind of prayer, a plea for unity with the all concious. Focused attention (meditation) accompanied by recitation ( sound familiar?) leads the prayerful practitioner to a state of bliss/ out of body experience/ nirvana/ "heavenly realms"/ etc.

There are thousands of accounts of this kind of experience from every culture and era, including Christianity.

What is it That makes a Christian prayer different from anyone elses?

So I guess that the argument can be made that meditation is not prayer, Or that millions of people through history are having delusional mystical experiences.
The proof is in the practice......

9/23/2012 8:38:28 AM What's the point in praying if God is already all-knowing?  

iyamwutiyam
Middelfart
Denmark
46, joined Dec. 2011

Quote from asanb:
The premis of the thread is missing an element- The assumption is that prayer is about making a petition for relief from suffering for someone, perhaps ones self. There is another kind of prayer, a plea for unity with the all concious. Focused attention (meditation) accompanied by recitation ( sound familiar?) leads the prayerful practitioner to a state of bliss/ out of body experience/ nirvana/ "heavenly realms"/ etc.

None of that kind of prayer requires any kind of outward behavior that would disturb others. Meditation is an internal state of being mindfully processing. Outward expressions prayers, chants and rants requires a proper setting away from others. Christian prayer is not meditation, its masturbation and thought stopping. Even Jesus instructs how one should pray - IN PRIVATE!!!! but Christians ignore that. They pray to be a public nuisance. Doing that to a sick and dying patient is an offense far greater than such feeble minds can know.

9/23/2012 12:08:25 PM What's the point in praying if God is already all-knowing?  
gonedays99
Eskifjördur
Iceland
27, joined Apr. 2012

Quote from asanb:

There are thousands of accounts of this kind of experience from every culture and era, including Christianity.

What is it That makes a Christian prayer different from anyone elses?

So I guess that the argument can be made that meditation is not prayer, Or that millions of people through history are having delusional mystical experiences.
The proof is in the practice......

Meditation isn't praying though. A lot of meditation has to do with mindfulness, focusing on the 'here and now' and grounding yourself in the present (usually by paying attention to you breathing and bringing it back to this when your mind wanders). When I say prayer I'm talking about when people pray over others or pray to an actual God.

If God already knows all the answers it seems pointless praying in hopes that he will intervene, but I understand that praying might just be an extension of mindfulness thinking and at least puts people in a calm state.

9/23/2012 1:27:57 PM What's the point in praying if God is already all-knowing?  

furchizedek
Kingman, AZ
72, joined Sep. 2010

Quote from gonedays99:
So essentially the Bible is like children's eyewitness testimonies; full of lies.

I can't disagree with that, although it's probably an over simplification. The OT part of "the bible" which makes up 80% of the Christian bible is the scriptures of the Jews or Hebrews, it's much older and more primitive. The four gospels of Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John in the NT were written down from memories and stories 30-60 years after Jesus died. Paul, who is prominent in the rest of the NT outside of Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John, never met Jesus. Most of the NT outside of Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John is by Paul, about Paul and about Paul's theories about Jesus. Paul says, and Christians believe, that Jesus died for their sins, but neither Jesus nor any of his 12 real apostles ever preached that gospel to the people while Jesus was alive.

9/23/2012 4:06:24 PM What's the point in praying if God is already all-knowing?  
gonedays99
Eskifjördur
Iceland
27, joined Apr. 2012

yes I think most can agree the OT is VERY primitive.

9/23/2012 5:26:19 PM What's the point in praying if God is already all-knowing?  

begbear1952
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (20,024)
Easley, SC
63, joined Jan. 2010

Not necessarily. Many times a civilization that we automatically label as "primitive" did a far superior job of meeting primal needs than modern hi-tech civilization ever did.

Modern humankind has huge problems with lonliness, isolation, and alienation. Psychologists started talking about that around the middle of last century. Tribal groups did not have those huge problems. In tribal societies, people knew they belonged, and they knew what their relationships were to other members of the tribe. They did not have that vague existential loneliness that is such an enormous problem for polis societies today.

So no, even if you can send space ships to the moon and Mars, if you can't meet the most basic needs of most members of society, your society is not more advanced, not were older societies necessarily more primitives.

9/23/2012 5:39:28 PM What's the point in praying if God is already all-knowing?  
allen283
Over 1,000 Posts (1,197)
Salem, OH
59, joined Apr. 2012

Quote from furchizedek:
I can't disagree with that, although it's probably an over simplification. The OT part of "the bible" which makes up 80% of the Christian bible is the scriptures of the Jews or Hebrews, it's much older and more primitive. The four gospels of Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John in the NT were written down from memories and stories 30-60 years after Jesus died. Paul, who is prominent in the rest of the NT outside of Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John, never met Jesus. Most of the NT outside of Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John is by Paul, about Paul and about Paul's theories about Jesus. Paul says, and Christians believe, that Jesus died for their sins, but neither Jesus nor any of his 12 real apostles ever preached that gospel to the people while Jesus was alive.

Someone who see's that at no time did Jesus Himself ever teach that He would one
day die for all the sins of mankind, it's just not there.
People should read the book of John with an open mind and what will they discover ?

People loved their sinful ways and Jesus spoke the truth and their sins became known
to them, therefore they hated Jesus because He did reveal their sins, so because they
loved their sins and their sins were seen, hatred grew to the point they took His
life. So how can we put this so that we speak what is truth in an easy way of
understanding ?
Jesus did not die for all the sins of mankind but He died because of the sins of
mankind. And the thing is, it's there in the book of John for all to see.
And yes i agree that it was passed down by memories.

9/23/2012 5:53:35 PM What's the point in praying if God is already all-knowing?  
allen283
Over 1,000 Posts (1,197)
Salem, OH
59, joined Apr. 2012

Quote from gonedays99:

Scenario 1:

Scenario 2:

Praying changes the mind set which is positive and the body feeds on what is positive,
that is why some get a healing and yet some are not healed, maybe it's because they don't
really believe and that is negative, as what is negative is bad for the body.
It is a known fact the body feeds on what is positive and dies by what is negative.
Think positive and live longer, think negative and die sooner.

9/23/2012 7:09:53 PM What's the point in praying if God is already all-knowing?  

asanb
Sanbornton, NH
59, joined Jul. 2012

Sant Kirpal Singh:

Prayers for Others

SINCE all souls are of the same essence as of God and are correlated with each other, one may as well pray for the benefit of others. High souls always pray for the good of the entire humanity. They are not content with the greatest good for the greatest number as is commonly sought by the leaders of society. Their prayers generally end with the words--"O God, do good unto all."

The Muslims first pray for the Momins (their brethren in faith), and thereafter for all the rest. The Buddhists likewise pray for all. Christ even suggested prayer for one's enemies. Amongst the Hindus it is a common practice to close their prayers with a few charitable words for all living creatures great and small. Some people offer prayers for the ills of the entire humanity and still others make use of it in the case of individual ailments. Telepathy has now conclusively proved how heartstrings between individuals play in unison, irrespective of distance between the two. There is a tremendous power in thought vibrations and their range is unlimited. Is not the coming into being of the countless universes and their dissolution the result of some thought-force, if we may be permitted to use the phrase as indicative of God's Will, no matter what we may call it--Kalma, Word, Hukam, or Bhana. Thus the sympathetic chords between the Master and the disciples carry silent messages of love to and fro between them with a force that is unimaginable. This wonderful relationship one can establish with God. By being in tune with the Infinite one can by force of thought do a lot of good to others, as at bottom all are embedded in the same soil, the Divine ground.

9/23/2012 7:20:59 PM What's the point in praying if God is already all-knowing?  

asanb
Sanbornton, NH
59, joined Jul. 2012

Pray and Meditation

A note on Prayer and why it might not be successful-

"We have to be quiet in order to listen. We always talk and God has no chance to tell us. So the prayer is the talking, the demand; and meditation is the listening. Most people just keep praying all the time or always make noise or always talk, and God has no chance to tell them what to do. No wonder their prayers are unanswered. God has no opportunity.

So the meditation is a must from a logical standpoint.Whether you are Buddhist, Christian, Muslim or whatever, I don't care. If you cannot make time to listen to God, then God can never be communicated with. Even if you talk to a friend - you telephone, you talk and then you must listen. Even if you ask me, you must first ask, and then now you must be quiet so I have a chance to tell you. How can we treat God even worse than a friend. We keep talking all the time, and give Hirm no chance. Meditation is the time of quiet listening. That's all there is, and God will come."

~The Supreme Master Ching Hai~

9/23/2012 8:13:02 PM What's the point in praying if God is already all-knowing?  
gonedays99
Eskifjördur
Iceland
27, joined Apr. 2012

Quote from allen283:
Praying changes the mind set which is positive and the body feeds on what is positive,
that is why some get a healing and yet some are not healed, maybe it's because they don't
It is a known fact the body feeds on what is positive and dies by what is negative.

Tell that to the optimist who is driving back home from a fun-loving family get to together and get's hit by a car and is pronounced dead the next morning.

9/23/2012 8:16:19 PM What's the point in praying if God is already all-knowing?  
gonedays99
Eskifjördur
Iceland
27, joined Apr. 2012

Quote from begbear1952:
Not necessarily. Many times a civilization that we automatically label as "primitive" did a far superior job of meeting primal needs than modern hi-tech civilization ever did.

Modern humankind has huge problems with lonliness, isolation, and alienation. Psychologists started talking about that around the middle of last century. Tribal groups did not have those huge problems. In tribal societies, people knew they belonged, and they knew what their relationships were to other members of the tribe. They did not have that vague existential loneliness that is such an enormous problem for polis societies today.

So no, even if you can send space ships to the moon and Mars, if you can't meet the most basic needs of most members of society, your society is not more advanced, not were older societies necessarily more primitives.

I tried to argue once that insects were superior than human beings. They work good in colonies, they don't expend vast amounts of energy, and they have lived for millions of years. When we look at the survival of humans and passing on their genes, we can see that insects have done a superb job at this and will probably still be around longer than man will ever be.

9/23/2012 8:36:52 PM What's the point in praying if God is already all-knowing?  
bombasticone
Over 2,000 Posts (3,420)
Saint Albans, NY
23, joined Jul. 2012

Lol you don't understand prayer.. What would that have to do with him being all knowing lol you pray to maintain a connection with him...

9/23/2012 9:06:15 PM What's the point in praying if God is already all-knowing?  
allen283
Over 1,000 Posts (1,197)
Salem, OH
59, joined Apr. 2012

Quote from gonedays99:
Tell that to the optimist who is driving back home from a fun-loving family get to together and get's hit by a car and is pronounced dead the next morning.

We are not talking getting hit with a car, wow your statement is so far from the
topic.

Pray is an inward change not someone who is hit by a car, being hit by a car, would
be the fact someone make a bad choice. I can't believe you would even post
something so foolish.

9/23/2012 9:07:23 PM What's the point in praying if God is already all-knowing?  

furchizedek
Kingman, AZ
72, joined Sep. 2010

Quote from allen283:

That's a dangerous philosophy, in my opinion, and it's akin to the sometimes Christian idea that if you are more righteous you will also have more wealth. Christians also suggest that if you don't pray hard enough or are not sincere enough, God will let you die but if you pray harder, then He will let you live. This blames the victim.

There are plenty of mean, crabby people who live to a ripe old age.

9/23/2012 9:14:50 PM What's the point in praying if God is already all-knowing?  
bombasticone
Over 2,000 Posts (3,420)
Saint Albans, NY
23, joined Jul. 2012

Quote from furchizedek:
That's a dangerous philosophy, in my opinion, and it's akin to the sometimes Christian idea that if you are more righteous you will also have more wealth. Christians also suggest that if you don't pray hard enough or are not sincere enough, God will let you die but if you pray harder, then He will let you live. This blames the victim.

Yea they get to live a life of suffering lol look outside the box champ

9/23/2012 9:19:14 PM What's the point in praying if God is already all-knowing?  
allen283
Over 1,000 Posts (1,197)
Salem, OH
59, joined Apr. 2012

Quote from furchizedek:

I did not say that you live longer, my statement is saying your heath is better,
i work in heath care and when workers are positive, the people we treat, do
much better health wise because they are more positive. This is a known fact in
health care. What we also see is when our workers are negative, the people we treat
also become negative and tend to have greater problem's, we therefore teach our
workers to be positive for the sake of the people we treat, so pray is positive as
it changes the mind set in a positive way.

9/23/2012 9:20:51 PM What's the point in praying if God is already all-knowing?  
gonedays99
Eskifjördur
Iceland
27, joined Apr. 2012

Quote from allen283:
We are not talking getting hit with a car, wow your statement is so far from the
topic.

Pray is an inward change not someone who is hit by a car, being hit by a car, would
be the fact someone make a bad choice.
I can't believe you would even post
something so foolish.

No it's pretty germane to the topic, I'm alluding to the fact that most of life is based on probabilistic outcomes. Praying to God won't cause him to intervene and change life circumstances. Here is what you said:

"what is negative is bad for the body. "
"Think positive and live longer, think negative and die sooner."

I'm sure for overall well-being thinking negative is not good, HOWEVER this does not save you from dying young. People can randomly get cancer, die in a car accident, get killed in a natural disaster etc. despite being positive or negative. Again most of life is based on probabilities.

So now you're saying anybody who gets hit by a car it's their fault for making the bad choice to get in a car? I can see your statements make you look foolish.

9/23/2012 9:22:29 PM What's the point in praying if God is already all-knowing?  
gonedays99
Eskifjördur
Iceland
27, joined Apr. 2012

Quote from allen283:
I did not say that you live longer, my statement is saying your heath is better,
i work in heath care and when workers are positive, the people we treat, do
much better health wise because they are more positive. This is a known fact in
health care. What we also see is when our workers are negative, the people we treat
also become negative and tend to have greater problem's, we therefore teach our
workers to be positive for the sake of the people we treat, so pray is positive as
it changes the mind set in a positive way.

Allen283:
Think positive and live longer, think negative and die sooner

Liar. You said in plain black and white that you live longer

9/23/2012 9:37:03 PM What's the point in praying if God is already all-knowing?  
allen283
Over 1,000 Posts (1,197)
Salem, OH
59, joined Apr. 2012

Quote from gonedays99:
No it's pretty germane to the topic, I'm alluding to the fact that most of life is based on probabilistic outcomes. Praying to God won't cause him to intervene and change life circumstances. Here is what you said:

"what is negative is bad for the body. "
"Think positive and live longer, think negative and die sooner."

I'm sure for overall well-being thinking negative is not good, HOWEVER this does not save you from dying young. People can randomly get cancer, die in a car accident, get killed in a natural disaster etc. despite being positive or negative. Again most of life is based on probabilities.

So now you're saying anybody who gets hit by a car it's their fault for making the bad choice to get in a car? I can see your statements make you look foolish.

Being positive is healthy and when you are healthy, you do live longer but it does
not mean how long you will live. Car crashes doesn't have anything to do with whether
you are healthy or not, car crashes happen because someone made a bad choice or you
lost control or because something went wrong with one car or the other, pray has
nothing to do with a car crash. Yes people can get cancer, my point of view is based
on a healthy person who thinks positive, the odds of living longer is greater.
You are adding things that have nothing to do with pray, as pray is an inner healing
that comes from being positive.
No, if you get hit by a car, it's not your fault, it would be because; other factors
was at fault.
You are changing the topic by adding other factors, that has nothing to do with pray.
The topic is; what the point of praying ? It's positive !!!

9/23/2012 9:52:44 PM What's the point in praying if God is already all-knowing?  
gonedays99
Eskifjördur
Iceland
27, joined Apr. 2012

Quote from allen283:
Being positive is healthy and when you are healthy, you do live longer but it does
not mean how long you will live. Car crashes doesn't have anything to do with whether
you are healthy or not, car crashes happen because someone made a bad choice or you
lost control or because something went wrong with one car or the other, pray has
nothing to do with a car crash. Yes people can get cancer, my point of view is based
on a healthy person who thinks positive, the odds of living longer is greater.
You are adding things that have nothing to do with pray, as pray is an inner healing
that comes from being positive.
No, if you get hit by a car, it's not your fault, it would be because; other factors
was at fault.
You are changing the topic by adding other factors, that has nothing to do with pray.
The topic is; what the point of praying ? It's positive !!!

It's only positive if it works. Many people pray for their kids to get saved from cancer and they still end up dying. How is that positive?

I'm not doubting the fact that praying can be good for well-being and gives people a sense of hope. But God is already all-knowing and omnipresent so if God knows the past, future, and present, then praying seems useless if he already has his plans for us.

Most Christians say that "God already has his own plan for my life." How silly can some of them be to think that their praying will alter that plan that God already has for them?

9/23/2012 10:25:54 PM What's the point in praying if God is already all-knowing?  
allen283
Over 1,000 Posts (1,197)
Salem, OH
59, joined Apr. 2012

Quote from gonedays99:
It's only positive if it works. Many people pray for their kids to get saved from cancer and they still end up dying. How is that positive?

I'm not doubting the fact that praying can be good for well-being and gives people a sense of hope. But God is already all-knowing and omnipresent so if God knows the past, future, and present, then praying seems useless if he already has his plans for us.

Most Christians say that "God already has his own plan for my life." How silly can some of them be to think that their praying will alter that plan that God already has for them?

Here is where some many fall short in understanding.

Here is what it means when it says God is all knowing;
God knows your every thought, therefore before you
do what you do, God knows before you do it because
He knows your thoughts, so God is all knowing of
what we think, that does not mean He controls my
thoughts. We have the freedom to think and do what
ever we want, God does not make you do anything
you don't want to do.
Does God know my past ? Yes !
Does God know my present ? Yes !
Does God know my future ? Yes !
How ?
As soon as i have a thought, He knows my thought even before i take action
with my thought, that's my present and when i take action with my thought, that's
my future that comes to be.
This is just how i see it !

9/23/2012 11:03:44 PM What's the point in praying if God is already all-knowing?  
gonedays99
Eskifjördur
Iceland
27, joined Apr. 2012

Quote from allen283:
Here is where some many fall short in understanding.

Here is what it means when it says God is all knowing;
God knows your every thought, therefore before you
do what you do, God knows before you do it because
He knows your thoughts, so God is all knowing of
what we think, that does not mean He controls my
thoughts. We have the freedom to think and do what
ever we want, God does not make you do anything
you don't want to do.

Does God know my past ? Yes !
Does God know my present ? Yes !
Does God know my future ? Yes !
How ?
As soon as i have a thought, He knows my thought even before i take action
with my thought, that's my present and when i take action with my thought, that's
my future that comes to be.
This is just how i see it !

God specifically might not make you do anything you don't want to do, but believing in God makes people avoid doing things that they want to do. I'm pretty sure if you ask most guys including priests and pastors if they are 100% happy not having sexual contact with anybody they would say no. You said in your previous post that praying is positive and increases your well being, therefore making you live healthy. Statistics show the dangers like prostrate cancer when you don't masturbate and that people who have regular healthy sex lives are more happy (I'm not speaking about promiscuity, I mean healthy sex lives in general). So why do priests and nuns have to sacrifice their sex life which has been proven to decrease well-being and health?

9/24/2012 12:17:25 AM What's the point in praying if God is already all-knowing?  
dinoe_88
Long Beach, CA
27, joined Nov. 2010

He knows.he wants to see if you recognize..havent you ever heard of people who would f**k up and apperently never seem to realize?ie.,hitler. before he started massacering,right when things started getting real serious..you think he ask God to rid his thoughts of evil and show him the light?..hitler didnt recognize.God knew he wouldnt pray..God knows if you will ever pray someday.i dont know.not even you know if you will pray someday.

9/24/2012 12:23:24 AM What's the point in praying if God is already all-knowing?  
dinoe_88
Long Beach, CA
27, joined Nov. 2010

Quote from gonedays99:
God specifically might not make you do anything you don't want to do, but believing in God makes people avoid doing things that they want to do. I'm pretty sure if you ask most guys including priests and pastors if they are 100% happy not having sexual contact with anybody they would say no. You said in your previous post that praying is positive and increases your well being, therefore making you live healthy. Statistics show the dangers like prostrate cancer when you don't masturbate and that people who have regular healthy sex lives are more happy (I'm not speaking about promiscuity, I mean healthy sex lives in general). So why do priests and nuns have to sacrifice their sex life which has been proven to decrease well-being and health?
THEY decided to marry the church..through sickness and in health is how it goes,if im not mistaken ...God bless them,and their babies

9/24/2012 12:27:19 AM What's the point in praying if God is already all-knowing?  
gonedays99
Eskifjördur
Iceland
27, joined Apr. 2012

Quote from dinoe_88:
THEY decided to marry the church..through sickness and in health is how it goes,if im not mistaken ...God bless them,and their babies

They're not allowed to have babies. Isn't it ironic that everybody who is pro-life and against abortion tend to be Christian because they believe we need to procreate and expand God's kingdom, and yet the epitome of piousness are priests and nuns and they are prohibited to procreate?

How's that for a head scratcher!

9/24/2012 12:50:58 AM What's the point in praying if God is already all-knowing?  
dinoe_88
Long Beach, CA
27, joined Nov. 2010

Quote from gonedays99:
They're not allowed to have babies. Isn't it ironic that everybody who is pro-life and against abortion tend to be Christian because they believe we need to procreate and expand God's kingdom, and yet the epitome of piousness are priests and nuns and they are prohibited to procreate?

who ever believes in what the church teaches and actually attends church is their child.not literally,but spiritually..duh.

9/24/2012 12:55:08 AM What's the point in praying if God is already all-knowing?  
dinoe_88
Long Beach, CA
27, joined Nov. 2010

Quote from gonedays99:

a true preist,or nun who doesnt fail ON THEIR OPTIONAL MISSION..is surely to oneday meet sainthood,i dont know if thats why they do it,but God bless them.but me and you,we'll neeeevvveeeer be saints.we can still be Gods children though

9/24/2012 12:58:18 AM What's the point in praying if God is already all-knowing?  
gonedays99
Eskifjördur
Iceland
27, joined Apr. 2012

Quote from dinoe_88:
a true preist,or nun who doesnt fail ON THEIR OPTIONAL MISSION..is surely to oneday meet sainthood,i dont know if thats why they do it,but God bless them.but me and you,we'll neeeevvveeeer be saints.we can still be Gods children though

Other than questioning some of the dogmas of religion and raising certain questions, I'd argue I am more 'saintly' than most. And given that I'm 24 years old and only stepped into a church a few months before my 24th birthday, I would say that's pretty good.