Select your best hookup:
Local
Gay
Asian
Latin
East Europe

mega personal sign up

Connecting Singles is a score free of charge to use on the internet dating service every thing absolutely free for our important members. single lady danville va My experience with on line dating apps is that the no cost ones are nice because they re cost free, but they also get the lion s share of nutjobs since they are free. LOUIS, MO. craigslist costa rica beauty There s also a exceptional ‘MatchPhone function that delivers you a custom phone quantity so you can contact the website users.

megapersonal com sign up

One particular lived in Agra, the other in Pune, yet they fell in love via a screen. greenwich ct singles Do not look for validation or consideration from strangers. You got situations to prep, clubs to attend, briefings to schmooze, there s not a whole lot of time for you to be seeking for a soulmate. dating websites meet me When we got into the bar, we ordered some meals and sat at the bar watching a group of absolutely inebriated guys make pathetic attempts to hit on the female bartender.

Home  Sign In  Search  Date Ideas  Join  Forums  Singles Groups  - 100% FREE Online Dating, Join Now!

5/31/2008 10:53:40 PM The island of Molokai~  
seraphimxx1
Honolulu, HI

Been to or are your from Molokai?

I’ve just returned from the Friendly Isle of Molokai.

One and a half million years ago (give or take a week) two large volcanoes pushed through the surface of the Pacific Ocean and created the island of Molokai.

Visited Kalawao:
Located on Kalaupapa Peninsula at the base of the 1600-foot high sea cliffs, this national park was once the site of total isolation for victims of Hansen's Disease (leprosy). The national park service maintains 8,725 acres of land and 2,000 acres of water extending ¼ mile offshore. Today the park can only be visited by authorized tour groups such as Damien Tours and the Molokai Mule Ride. Control of public access is under the jurisdiction of the State Department of Health.

From my understanding ~ my great-great grandparents were shipped to Molokai (exiled) ~ thrown off the boats with nothing but each other. Those who were physically able to swim to shore survived. They walked deep into the valley’s where the fisherman/fishing villagers resided. A place called Kalawao. Here is where I tried to locate my ancestor’s graves. Yet due to erosion, tilde waves, fires most documents of the exact whereabouts have been destroyed. Place of burial are unknown. I did however find their names listed in the 1900 census @ the Native Hawaiian Library (Alu Like) in Kaunakakai. I encourage everyone to take a tour of Kalaupapa either by mule, plane or just hike down to the area (It is encouraged to do so). It’s part of our history. Here’s a few pics.

Mules:

Kalaupapa while on the trail down:

Photo of Father Damien & the Hawaiian Keiki (Located in museum):

Father Damien’s grave- His last request/wishes were to be buried here. (His body was exhumed & they(Belgium Museum) sent his right hand back to us):

Love & light!

[Edited 6/1/2008 10:35:19 AM PST]

Meet singles at DateHookup.dating, we're 100% free! Join now!

DateHookup.dating - 100% Free Personals

6/1/2008 1:15:39 PM The island of Molokai~  

ohialehua
Volcano, HI

Yes, been to Molokai. We went to visit a house someone wanted to swap for some property of a friend of a friend in the Columbia River Gorge on the Washington/Oregon border. I loved the island and would very much like to go back, spend some time painting there. There is such a friendly atmosphere. I have beautiful photos of the island and have painted several of the local flowers. The culture there is rich and I would like to explore more of it.

I recently read a book titled "Molokai" that follows generations of a family that had to send a little girl there. The story is about the girl growing up there and having her own family and what the consequences were for her and future generations. The story is a hard story but full of beautiful moments. I think it is an important description of how things worked there back then and what impacts they have on future generations.

We visited the incredible rocks where the land overlooks the peninsula but did not have time to take one of the tours. Did you ride down the trail? How was it? Are parts of the peninsula still restricted?

6/1/2008 2:13:37 PM The island of Molokai~  
seraphimxx1
Honolulu, HI

Aloha Ohialehua!
Yes I opt’d to ride down the mountainside by way of the Moloka’i mule. My mule’s name was Makanani. Knowing that the mules would sense fear and or anxiety – I psychologically, emotionally and physically prepared myself before approaching the animal. If not… There would be no reason for me to ride down. We hung on to the edge of the cliff due to the fact that the mules before ours had paved a way for them (hoof imprints on the trail). One of the workers did make a comment ~ Have you ridden before? – When I told him that this was my 1st time – He did say that I rode like an experienced rider (years of observation with our paniolo here on Oahu).

Book Reference: The Holy Man.

Just reached the bottom. Here's a pic of the trail from below.

Once at the bottom - A bus was awaiting to take us on the remainder of the tour. This photo was taken as we stopped/parked outside of the bookstore

The thrown off point:

The older gravesite:

[Edited 6/1/2008 2:23:36 PM PST]

6/2/2008 12:28:00 PM The island of Molokai~  
1mauibabe1
Over 2,000 Posts (2,070)
Spring Hill, FL

OHHHH yes I did the Alii Guided bus tour what an awsome experiance. We went to the overlook of Kalapapa (sp) and hiked to the rock formation. Our guide told us that every woman that touched the rock would become pregnant I laughed and told her I could touch it and not get pregnant. Laughed back and said iven older women get pregnant.... I had a hisorectomy years a go so I touched the rock and made abet.... then I told her about that and said if I get pregnant it would be a mirecle...... Love the place and love the people... oh I preferr the green mac nuts not roasted

6/4/2008 9:39:40 PM The island of Molokai~  
seraphimxx1
Honolulu, HI

Loved your fertility story ~ Green Mac Nuts it is!!!! Wish you all were there.

6/6/2008 5:10:11 PM The island of Molokai~  
roggor
Merlin, OR

I spent two weeks on Molokai in November of 1994. I hitched a ride to the west side and camped in a tent near the resort. I had intended to visit the former leper colony for some unknown reason, some sort of spiritual quest perhaps, but never did. The colony and Father Damien, a story of selfless sacrafice. Like the story of Mother Theresa, it is the story of sacraficing oneself for the good of others.

6/6/2008 8:31:07 PM The island of Molokai~  
seraphimxx1
Honolulu, HI

Aloha roggor! The west side of Molokai is absolutely beautiful.
Since they've closed the Molokai Ranch, it seemed like a ghost town. I encourage anyone to take a ride or walk down to Kalaupapa. It could be quite a spiritual visit.

6/7/2008 8:07:26 PM The island of Molokai~  
justdrew
Humble, TX

I ve never been but just wanted too say AMAZING...thanks for sharing

6/8/2008 9:25:32 AM The island of Molokai~  
seraphimxx1
Honolulu, HI

Mahalo nui loa justdrew ~ thanks for stopping by the Hawaii Chat forum.
Molokai is an amazing place. Though I’ve left the islands on a few occasions, something/someone always brought me back. “There’s no place like home”.

6/28/2008 7:02:55 AM The island of Molokai~  
goodheart2
Aiea, HI

Seraphimxx1, Beautiful pictures and a heart warming story...thank you for sharing. Molokai is a very beautiful island...a reflection of old Hawaii. It's been years since I've visited Molokai...but your pics and story brought back good memories. Historically and culturally, Dr. Emmit Aluli, a physician on Molokai, is a good source to turn to if you have questions or specifics. Mahalo!

7/1/2008 1:25:28 AM The island of Molokai~  

katfish
Lahaina, HI

Aloha Thanks for all the Pics from beautiful Molokai I LOVE MOLOKAI

7/2/2008 9:42:27 PM The island of Molokai~  
seraphimxx1
Honolulu, HI

Quote from goodheart2:
Seraphimxx1,
Dr. Emmit Aluli, a physician on Molokai, is a good source to turn to if you have questions or specifics. Mahalo!

Mahalo goodheart2 ~ I may just look him up.

Quote from katfish:
Aloha Thanks for all the Pics from beautiful Molokai I LOVE MOLOKAI

Katfish ~ Mahalo for the compliment. Lanai is just as beautiful yet a bit more rural. Good living…..

Compliments of the Honolulu Advertiser~ For 02 Juy 2008: Damien's sainthood soon in Pope's hands:

Born Joseph de Veuster in 1840 in Belgium, Damien was also known as the "leper priest of Moloka'i" for his work with the leprosy patients at Kalaupapa. The Belgium man was ordained a Sacred Hearts priest in Honolulu before being posted at the settlement in 1873. He died of the disease in 1889. He arrived at the desolate leper colony on Moloka'i and built a church, then helped bring hope to the settlement before he died there April 15, 1889, after contracting the disease himself.

The Pope will receive documents tomorrow that, if he approves, will ensure that Hawai'i's Father Damien becomes a saint of the Catholic Church.

Saint Joseph De Veuster (Damien). Beautiful sound to it.