Select your best hookup:
Local
Gay
Asian
Latin
East Europe

www listcrawler

That becoming mentioned, Tinder doesn t post to your Facebook profile, so if you happen to be concerned about mates acquiring updates about your use of the web page, at least on this point, you can rest effortless. craigslist russellville al But SwoonMe wants you to look beyond the surface when you are attempting to meet a person new, regardless of whether it s for friendship or a additional significant partnership. Facebook Dating creates a profile, shows you nearby events, and shows matches primarily based on items like what pages you each like. doublelist com vancouver Even although it is a generalized forum, there are nevertheless guidelines relating to age, privacy, legality, and conduct.

skipthegames com

When guidance is asked for and presented take it for what it is, engage the humour button and don t take it to heart. madrid classifieds The worst case scenario—spending months courting somebody only to uncover in minutes you re physically incompatible—isn t wonderful. A spontaneous kiss can be really romantic, but both the people today ought to be prepared and okay with the act. enable camera on omegle It is not just having to make judgements based off a couple of photographs and a single line bios, or the awkwardness of sending direct messages to strangers only to be ghosted.

Home  Sign In  Search  Date Ideas  Join  Forums  Singles Groups  - 100% FREE Online Dating, Join Now!

2/5/2013 12:37:40 PM How does ANYONE meet people here, with all the animousity being spat?  
its_this_big
Salt Lake City, UT
43, joined Jan. 2013

New here, probably my first and last post, because all I can see so far is a bunch of mean, abusive d*ckheads that are all trying to be "king of the mountain", and a bunch of weak, narcissistic women who seem to be enthralled by the pathetic pissing contests. I thought this was 2013, not 20,000 BC.

Sorry, but for first impressions, this group really comes across as a bunch of psychotics who need to see their doctors about changing up their medications. Good luck to you all.

Meet singles at DateHookup.dating, we're 100% free! Join now!

DateHookup.dating - 100% Free Personals

2/5/2013 12:50:53 PM How does ANYONE meet people here, with all the animousity being spat?  

tigerclawz59
Over 2,000 Posts (3,280)
Ogden, UT
55, joined Feb. 2010

Quote from its_this_big:
New here, probably my first and last post, because all I can see so far is a bunch of mean, abusive d*ckheads that are all trying to be "king of the mountain", and a bunch of weak, narcissistic women who seem to be enthralled by the pathetic pissing contests. I thought this was 2013, not 20,000 BC.

Sorry, but for first impressions, this group really comes across as a bunch of psychotics who need to see their doctors about changing up their medications. Good luck to you all.

Well I dont think you will meet too many women on here with a screen name " it's this big " Maybe you should sit back and put yourself in the perverted catagory Dont throw rocks if you live in a glass house Just sayin

[Edited 2/5/2013 12:51:23 PM ]

2/5/2013 1:30:07 PM How does ANYONE meet people here, with all the animousity being spat?  
ssnowwy
Salt Lake City, UT
48, joined Jul. 2012

least he put SOMETHING in his profile. which is a heck of a lot more then some others.

not that it means anything.

2/5/2013 1:37:34 PM How does ANYONE meet people here, with all the animousity being spat?  
gingergirl38
Over 1,000 Posts (1,331)
Sandy, UT
45, joined Aug. 2010

Quote from its_this_big:

There is some truths in what you are saying. The treads can be disconcerting but there are good, loving, caring, people on here as well as mean and negative people. I have meet both at some of the events, but I have also had fun, made new friends, and have felt their love and support in some of my bad times when I needed a friend. Don't judge to harshly. We could make a lot of assumptions based on your profile, its lack of a picture and no real information about you in it.

2/5/2013 1:46:00 PM How does ANYONE meet people here, with all the animousity being spat?  
its_this_big
Salt Lake City, UT
43, joined Jan. 2013

Quote from tigerclawz59:
Well I dont think you will meet too many women on here with a screen name " it's this big " Maybe you should sit back and put yourself in the perverted catagory Dont throw rocks if you live in a glass house Just sayin

Why? You saying Utah women don't have a sense of humor? Or is it because all the women here are drama queens trying to upstage each other, and a guy with a sense of humor gets in the way? It's like a soap opera. I've been reading the past month or so of posts, and everyone is brutal to each other.

Where do you get to judge me as perverted? Just because of my screen name? For all you know, it's a reference to my gun collection, or my truck tires. What can I take from your screen name? Do you have bag lady nails?

See, it's precisely attacks like that, and the stupidity of elitists like you here that makes it a major turn off for new members such as myself to become active. I look at the profiles and everyone says how caring and sweet and drama free they are, then you come here and see their TRUE natures: vindictive, whiny, heartless b*tches and the guys are even more catty than the ladies.

Just thought you guys might like an outsider's opinion on what he sees. I don't expect it to change how you guys act, but you really are scaring away a lot of new people. Look at the first time posters thread. Look how many say hello and never post again. Most of them probably saw the drama and ran for the hills.

2/5/2013 1:47:52 PM How does ANYONE meet people here, with all the animousity being spat?  
utsw
Over 1,000 Posts (1,226)
Salt Lake City, UT
51, joined Apr. 2012

I won't talk to people without a facial picture. What are you hiding?

2/5/2013 2:15:38 PM How does ANYONE meet people here, with all the animousity being spat?  

tigerclawz59
Over 2,000 Posts (3,280)
Ogden, UT
55, joined Feb. 2010

Quote from its_this_big:
Why? You saying Utah women don't have a sense of humor? Or is it because all the women here are drama queens trying to upstage each other, and a guy with a sense of humor gets in the way? It's like a soap opera. I've been reading the past month or so of posts, and everyone is brutal to each other.

Where do you get to judge me as perverted? Just because of my screen name? For all you know, it's a reference to my gun collection, or my truck tires. What can I take from your screen name? Do you have bag lady nails?

See, it's precisely attacks like that, and the stupidity of elitists like you here that makes it a major turn off for new members such as myself to become active. I look at the profiles and everyone says how caring and sweet and drama free they are, then you come here and see their TRUE natures: vindictive, whiny, heartless b*tches and the guys are even more catty than the ladies.

Just thought you guys might like an outsider's opinion on what he sees. I don't expect it to change how you guys act, but you really are scaring away a lot of new people. Look at the first time posters thread. Look how many say hello and never post again. Most of them probably saw the drama and ran for the hills.

I sorry but I havent judged you. I simply asked you a question. Dont you think a screen name like yours would make some people uncomforable ? It did me. Yes some people on here are very open minded and have strong opinons. That doesnt make them any less of a person. Ive met alot of these people on this site. Yes some have very strong comments to one another but in person they are very nice people. Maybe it has to do with people sitting behind the computer. They think their safe and warm and can say things to one another they would never say to their face. None of them are d*ckheads or crazy women in which you called them. They are normal hard working caring and loving people who cherish friendships. Maybe if you were to get out from in back of your computer screen and come to an event you would have a change of heart. Sat Im having a Pizza Party in Ogden. Your welcome to attend. And as for my screen name. I have had the same screen name for years. It because of my love for tigers lions leapards. On this site I have never taken sides and have enjoyed everyones company. So please dont be too hursh on everyone until you know them first hand. Hugs everyone

2/5/2013 2:20:08 PM How does ANYONE meet people here, with all the animousity being spat?  
tjmcan
Salt Lake City, UT
40, joined Nov. 2012

It might help if your profile wasn't so vague just sayin

2/5/2013 2:35:42 PM How does ANYONE meet people here, with all the animousity being spat?  
onlymetoday
Orem, UT
37, joined Feb. 2013

Thats not even right for you to ask! I dont have a profile pic or any info up because when i did, i spent all my time deleting unwanted mail. Now i can contact someone and attach a pic to only that person and be left alone by the ones i am not interested in. I just barely updated my status regarding that! Ironically, i get on this forum and see your post. Things are not always as they appear and it would be nice if you give a person a chance to explain. Since you ASSUME, i took the chance to explain myself and take the ME outta that A** equasion so now your just left to try to redeem yourself. Not everyone is hiding something... I.E.- perhaps someones phone or tabletop dosent support the image uploader or something like that.... or in my case just not wanting to be bombarded. Geesh!

2/5/2013 4:05:29 PM How does ANYONE meet people here, with all the animousity being spat?  
ssnowwy
Salt Lake City, UT
48, joined Jul. 2012

there are some valid points here.

phone not picture capable. yes. it can't handle the internet like a computer does. but all computers are picture capable. if it can't handle pictures. it's amazing the thing still runs.

but it's also been the experience of such that profiles that are unwilling to post there pic. have something to hide.

so basically a no pic profile has 2 reasons.

and that's all the pennies i'm throwing in on that subject

2/5/2013 4:40:28 PM How does ANYONE meet people here, with all the animousity being spat?  

topendstuff
Over 2,000 Posts (3,533)
Eden, UT
59, joined May. 2007

(this post has been flagged as inappropriate, sorry.)

2/5/2013 4:58:50 PM How does ANYONE meet people here, with all the animousity being spat?  
onlymetoday
Orem, UT
37, joined Feb. 2013

Hey snowy or wutever ur screen name is.....
WHAT ABOUT THE "IN MY CASE, JUST NOT WANTING TO BE BOMBARDED BY UNWANTED MAIL" DID U NOT UNDERSTAND?
u spent ur whole post talking about phones and computers. Those were just other examples i thought one might consider before ASSUMING. However, that isnt my case, which was my exact point that people should ask before assuming EVERYONE without a pic is hiding something. My strategy is working well for me. I am still talking to people but without all the crazy amounts of mail. Truth is, i guess on one hand its to my benefit that people assume because its affording me the exact results i wanted from not posting a pic- on the other hand i dont like to be judged. LMFAO!! Quite a double negative on my part! Hahaha- go figure! Im over this... c-ya.

2/5/2013 5:21:50 PM How does ANYONE meet people here, with all the animousity being spat?  
girl_who_dreams
West Jordan, UT
50, joined Dec. 2012

My friend posted this next thing I put on here today on FB so I stole it to share here.
Good love good health. Dreamer girl~

There comes a time in life when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it. Surround yourself with people who make you laugh, forget the bad, focus on the good. Love the people who treat you right, pray for the ones who don't. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is part of life, getting back up is living.

[Edited 2/5/2013 5:22:42 PM ]

2/5/2013 8:44:10 PM How does ANYONE meet people here, with all the animousity being spat?  
older_wiser
Over 7,500 Posts!! (8,704)
Orem, UT
61, joined Dec. 2008

Quote from its_this_big:

"Can't we all just get along" is really just the desires and mind set of a middle child. It's often how I feel and who I am. However, I have no problem with innocent people on here or otherwise, who become the victims of abuse, be it verbal or physical, sticking up for themselves and kicking the pricks in the balls or where ever else if they are of the other gender.

Just because I haven't said much, I personally loath the the cheap shots taken by a few on here. I also don't buy the feigned innocence of the abusers nor respect those that support their actions in any way.

So....You Go Girls, Ginger and Girl that Dreams, for having the intestinal fortitude to stick up for yourselves and not just roll over after the abusive assaults that have been launched at you.

2/5/2013 8:57:13 PM How does ANYONE meet people here, with all the animousity being spat?  
girl_who_dreams
West Jordan, UT
50, joined Dec. 2012

Quote from older_wiser:
"Can't we all just get along" is really just the desires and mind set of a middle child. It's often how I feel and who I am. However, I have no problem with innocent people on here or otherwise, who become the victims of abuse, be it verbal or physical, sticking up for themselves and kicking the pricks in the balls or where ever else if they are of the other gender.

Just because I haven't said much, I personally loath the the cheap shots taken by a few on here. I also don't buy the feigned innocence of the abusers nor respect those that support their actions in any way.

So....You Go Girls, Ginger and Girl that Dreams, for having the intestinal fortitude to stick up for yourselves and not just roll over after the
abusive assaults that have been launched at you.
wiser THANK YOU!!

2/5/2013 9:42:12 PM How does ANYONE meet people here, with all the animousity being spat?  
dayana2
Salt Lake City, UT
48, joined Mar. 2010

Quote from its_this_big:

Hey! Welcome to the forums! We are not all mean and abusive. I understand where you are coming from though. I myself, don't post a lot because of the divisiveness. Still, you can choose to just ignore the drivel. Have fun!

2/5/2013 10:41:30 PM How does ANYONE meet people here, with all the animousity being spat?  
ssnowwy
Salt Lake City, UT
48, joined Jul. 2012

Quote from older_wiser:

So....You Go Girls, Ginger and Girl that Dreams, for having the intestinal fortitude to stick up for yourselves and not just roll over after the abusive assaults that have been launched at you.

HEY, what about ME. your old buddy here.

i stick up for my friends. wether i get along with them or not.

IT AIN'T EASY BEING ME. being an a**hole to the a**holes. that's a lot of work.

YOU KNOW!!!!!!

2/5/2013 10:57:48 PM How does ANYONE meet people here, with all the animousity being spat?  
gingergirl38
Over 1,000 Posts (1,331)
Sandy, UT
45, joined Aug. 2010

Need a new start on this one. Thx wiser

[Edited 2/5/2013 10:58:40 PM ]

2/5/2013 11:17:31 PM How does ANYONE meet people here, with all the animousity being spat?  
big_bill1
Sandy, UT
58, joined Jul. 2012

(this post has been flagged as inappropriate, sorry.)

2/6/2013 3:04:21 AM How does ANYONE meet people here, with all the animousity being spat?  
girl_who_dreams
West Jordan, UT
50, joined Dec. 2012

Quote from dayana2:
Hey! Welcome to the forums! We are not all mean and abusive. I understand where you are coming from though. I myself, don't post a lot because of the divisiveness. Still, you can choose to just ignore the drivel. Have fun!

2/6/2013 6:48:09 AM How does ANYONE meet people here, with all the animousity being spat?  

topendstuff
Over 2,000 Posts (3,533)
Eden, UT
59, joined May. 2007

Interesting to see the personality traits that come out whenunder pressure.

2/6/2013 10:50:00 AM How does ANYONE meet people here, with all the animousity being spat?  
girl_who_dreams
West Jordan, UT
50, joined Dec. 2012

Just keep positive people and ignore the haters dont respond and you don't give them what they want.

"Strong people don't but others down,, they lift them up"

2/6/2013 10:58:22 AM How does ANYONE meet people here, with all the animousity being spat?  
girl_who_dreams
West Jordan, UT
50, joined Dec. 2012

Let's try this again shall we.
"Strong people don't put others down,, they lift them up"

2/6/2013 2:36:51 PM How does ANYONE meet people here, with all the animousity being spat?  
ssnowwy
Salt Lake City, UT
48, joined Jul. 2012

i'm curious as to they the idiot keeps blaming the BLONDA WITCH.

for HIS BIG A** MOUTH.

cuz only one posting shit is your fat ass.

2/6/2013 6:51:22 PM How does ANYONE meet people here, with all the animousity being spat?  

topendstuff
Over 2,000 Posts (3,533)
Eden, UT
59, joined May. 2007

Sometimes strong people need to take a bath.

2/6/2013 7:29:01 PM How does ANYONE meet people here, with all the animousity being spat?  

mzztazz
Sandy, UT
55, joined Mar. 2012

Funny thing is when bill post his stupid insults he does not name any one and often times is not thinking of a certain person but will sit back and watch the reaction. No I do not like this but it is all like young kids who will cry out to their mom when caught and say 'he hit me first'

[Edited 2/6/2013 7:29:49 PM ]

2/6/2013 9:14:18 PM How does ANYONE meet people here, with all the animousity being spat?  
ssnowwy
Salt Lake City, UT
48, joined Jul. 2012

i don't mention any names either.

i also don't flag the posts to hide the facts.

2/6/2013 9:53:44 PM How does ANYONE meet people here, with all the animousity being spat?  

mzztazz
Sandy, UT
55, joined Mar. 2012

that is exactly my point with both of you...he hit first. But I do have to call you on this Snowny... you do mention names. You made a thread that was totally uncalled for using my name and Bills. I have done nothing wrong to you or anyone other than marry Bill. I think when I married Bill many either thought I crossed them or they are envious that this site did work for us.

2/6/2013 11:04:10 PM How does ANYONE meet people here, with all the animousity being spat?  
ssnowwy
Salt Lake City, UT
48, joined Jul. 2012

envious about this site. i don't think anyone really cares.

make fun of people. call them names. i think it's totally called for.

you can dish but you can't receive. hmmmmmmmm.

2/6/2013 11:46:57 PM How does ANYONE meet people here, with all the animousity being spat?  

gypsiegirly
Over 2,000 Posts (3,737)
Provo, UT
49, joined Nov. 2008

2/7/2013 4:33:28 AM How does ANYONE meet people here, with all the animousity being spat?  

topendstuff
Over 2,000 Posts (3,533)
Eden, UT
59, joined May. 2007

Quote from mzztazz:
that is exactly my point with both of you...he hit first. But I do have to call you on this Snowny... you do mention names. You made a thread that was totally uncalled for using my name and Bills. I have done nothing wrong to you or anyone other than marry Bill. I think when I married Bill many either thought I crossed them or they are envious that this site did work for us.

Had a friend ask about a thread called "Tazz and Judy" (Of which I had no clue about due to a sheepishly installed block.) From what they said that was on the thread, the thread originator truely needs some phscological assistance. And then I wonder if this "special group" thing is just for misfits that cant operate civilly/rationally in a chatroom.

To block is one thing. But to block in order to bash without fear of rebuttal remains signatory of a coward!

2/7/2013 11:27:49 AM How does ANYONE meet people here, with all the animousity being spat?  
girl_who_dreams
West Jordan, UT
50, joined Dec. 2012

Quote from gypsiegirly:

2/7/2013 3:29:23 PM How does ANYONE meet people here, with all the animousity being spat?  
barb32bbw
Sandy, UT
35, joined Mar. 2012

This is why I quit posting. I wonder since I've met a lot of you already at events, and feel that I'm friends with some of you. if I had posted the same thing as the op, would you have treated me as harshly? Because I think about posting something similar a lot. I don't really need an answer its just a thought.

2/7/2013 7:48:12 PM How does ANYONE meet people here, with all the animousity being spat?  
girl_who_dreams
West Jordan, UT
50, joined Dec. 2012

I'm here and post and try to be as positive as I can. The haters only win and distroy if we let them. Why let them I say post what you want if negative talk shows up block or flag and don't respond. Why give them that power when this place is for us singles and we want it to be positive. Let's not let anything bring us down.

2/7/2013 8:48:08 PM How does ANYONE meet people here, with all the animousity being spat?  
ssnowwy
Salt Lake City, UT
48, joined Jul. 2012

who's gouing down?

i'm getting stronger and mouthier with each comment made.

BESIDES. i'm having a lot of fun over in the other group.

2/7/2013 8:49:58 PM How does ANYONE meet people here, with all the animousity being spat?  

mzztazz
Sandy, UT
55, joined Mar. 2012

Quote from girl_who_dreams:
I'm here and post and try to be as positive as I can. The haters only win and distroy if we let them. Why let them I say post what you want if negative talk shows up block or flag and don't respond. Why give them that power when this place is for us singles and we want it to be positive. Let's not let anything bring us down.

Who are the haters? I truly don't hate anyone here and I don't believe I have acted like I have... I don't think it helps to call people "the haters"

2/7/2013 9:14:49 PM How does ANYONE meet people here, with all the animousity being spat?  

topendstuff
Over 2,000 Posts (3,533)
Eden, UT
59, joined May. 2007

I thought we were past and above name calling. Or maybe it is not "childish" when some do it.

Ya know if you quit starting fires with your closed minded posts this place would be rather enjoyable!

2/7/2013 11:37:43 PM How does ANYONE meet people here, with all the animousity being spat?  
gingergirl38
Over 1,000 Posts (1,331)
Sandy, UT
45, joined Aug. 2010

Quote from barb32bbw:
This is why I quit posting. I wonder since I've met a lot of you already at events, and feel that I'm friends with some of you. if I had posted the same thing as the op, would you have treated me as harshly? Because I think about posting something similar a lot. I don't really need an answer its just a thought.

I often wonder the same thing and have said as much. I sometimes feel for newbies posting in here. You need some tough skin to get past all the old timers, roof raisers, and moral up-keepers in here. It seems they are the ones that keep it going and bring out the big guns if you say anything to disagree with them. Kinda sad really. It could be a fun place if people would live and let live, allow people to start and thread on how they feel without being personally attacked. I have seen people post they are horny, and you would of thought a bomb went off in here. Or that they are looking for fun, but no one here is fun. It amazes me.

I'm not saying I have never said anything out of the way. Lord know I have had to apologize on occasion, or two, because I miss understood something or didn't read something the right way. And, YES went on the defense when I felt like I was being attacked for something other then the words contained in my post.

I don't know what is worse. The trouble makers, or the so called peace makers that come on board telling everyone how they should address the issue at hand. I say stop being mean, respect others, stop pretending that you are so happy to be somewhere else (when you are on here everyday), and stop trying to fix the hate by smothering it with judgmental post of "If you say something you are part of the problem," REALLY!! Because everything is not rainbows and lollipops. JS. Give me a break!!! Don't get me wrong everyone is not going to agree on everything, but cant we at least try to respect each others as human beings. I know, I know now I sound like the judgmental one, but had to get it off my chest. That being said. Night ALL!!

2/8/2013 1:35:55 AM How does ANYONE meet people here, with all the animousity being spat?  
girl_who_dreams
West Jordan, UT
50, joined Dec. 2012

I would never tell anyone what to do and I just want to keep the peace so I made suggestions. If I choice to come here daily I shall because I can. My intentions were meant to be good. However others see me that's on them because I know who I am. THAT SAID good night.

2/8/2013 4:44:59 AM How does ANYONE meet people here, with all the animousity being spat?  
its_this_big
Salt Lake City, UT
43, joined Jan. 2013

Well, as a clinical psychologist, I just find the interactions here to be more like a teenager chat board than a forum of adults. I've read the last three months of threads, and just was amazed at how negative everyone is, and the overwhelming demand for drama. Some people just can't seem to post without a "woe is me" drama story of their day. Others seem obsessed over another group and ONLY post to be hateful. Then you have others who think they are funny, but they are really just hateful, and there are a few manipulators who try to control how people post.

This seems to be a forum divided into three cliques totaling about two dozen people, two cliques spend all day acting like children, and the third clique is the quiet one that just watches the other two fight it out, and try to make nonjudgmental comments in the margins. Even the events fall into the three cliques. What you all should do is meet in one big gathering, realize you are all adults in your 40's, 50's, and 60's and haven't been teenagers in decades, and should be able to act civilly together. I'm reasonably certain that without the confidence protection afforded by a computer monitor, that people such as Ssnowwy and BigBill would probably realize they have more in common than they care to realize. Once people realize the forum isn't just anonymous names with blurry pictures, but actual, real human beings, the behaviors will improve and new people will see a healthy, thriving community rather than a festering den of venom and spite by a few hypocritical malcontents.

Just a thought.

2/8/2013 4:51:54 AM How does ANYONE meet people here, with all the animousity being spat?  

rebekahk4
Layton, UT
57, joined Jan. 2011

I gave up on this site a year ago, I check in occasionally, but got really tired of all the negative comments. Too bad, some of the newbies seem pretty decent, but they get run off sooner or later.

2/8/2013 6:48:46 AM How does ANYONE meet people here, with all the animousity being spat?  
kingnothing3
Ogden, UT
35, joined Feb. 2013

Op has it dead right. Tried to say the same thing last year. There's reasons we are all single and on a dating website. 90% of the people in this group make theirs obvious every time they open their mouth in here.

2/8/2013 8:44:04 AM How does ANYONE meet people here, with all the animousity being spat?  

topendstuff
Over 2,000 Posts (3,533)
Eden, UT
59, joined May. 2007

The 3 previous healthy comments are welcomed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As for those 3 people I hope that I do not "fit" in any of those 3 groups. Pretty much I will go along and slide with the flow. I do have the ability to attempt to point out when someone is being childish. Sometimes that pointed comment is not what that person wants hear/read. Then the digs and slam set in. I might otta not retaliate with such vigor. But when I post a pointed opinion there is always a previous quote that is pertinant applied that validates my call. thus when those thrreads that went on were accusations were flying around like witches at Halloween, I reguested a previous post for validation. Cut that one off in the bud.

Bec, I see that you do exactly what you say and are in here occasionally. Although we have had our differences in the past, I still say "Good on you!

for the pther two.... I dont know you very well yet and might not ever get the opportunity to. But so far I think your efforts to come out and make your observations public admirable!

2/8/2013 12:58:02 PM How does ANYONE meet people here, with all the animousity being spat?  
gingergirl38
Over 1,000 Posts (1,331)
Sandy, UT
45, joined Aug. 2010

Quote from its_this_big:
Well, as a clinical psychologist, I just find the interactions here to be more like a teenager chat board than a forum of adults. I've read the last three months of threads, and just was amazed at how negative everyone is, and the overwhelming demand for drama. Some people just can't seem to post without a "woe is me" drama story of their day. Others seem obsessed over another group and ONLY post to be hateful. Then you have others who think they are funny, but they are really just hateful, and there are a few manipulators who try to control how people post.

This seems to be a forum divided into three cliques totaling about two dozen people, two cliques spend all day acting like children, and the third clique is the quiet one that just watches the other two fight it out, and try to make nonjudgmental comments in the margins. Even the events fall into the three cliques. What you all should do is meet in one big gathering, realize you are all adults in your 40's, 50's, and 60's and haven't been teenagers in decades, and should be able to act civilly together. I'm reasonably certain that without the confidence protection afforded by a computer monitor, that people such as Ssnowwy and BigBill would probably realize they have more in common than they care to realize. Once people realize the forum isn't just anonymous names with blurry pictures, but actual, real human beings, the behaviors will improve and new people will see a healthy, thriving community rather than a festering den of venom and spite by a few hypocritical malcontents.

Just a thought.

2/8/2013 11:05:45 PM How does ANYONE meet people here, with all the animousity being spat?  
ssnowwy
Salt Lake City, UT
48, joined Jul. 2012

to you and i they feel familiar.

as for the rest.

2/9/2013 12:22:53 AM How does ANYONE meet people here, with all the animousity being spat?  
pplsheri
Over 1,000 Posts (1,010)
Salt Lake City, UT
51, joined Apr. 2011

Looks like you making a place for yourself in the crowd.

Quote from its_this_big:

2/9/2013 11:32:29 AM How does ANYONE meet people here, with all the animousity being spat?  
older_wiser
Orem, UT
61, joined Dec. 2008

Quote from its_this_big:

I'd like to say welcome aboard newbie, but since there are already to many individuals on here(about 3 total, maybe now 4)whose sole purpose is to devalue their fellow posters on DH, I don't feel I can place the welcome mat out for another whose words are just another echo of the usual B-team rhetoric.

[Edited 2/9/2013 11:33:13 AM ]

2/9/2013 12:22:04 PM How does ANYONE meet people here, with all the animousity being spat?  
kingnothing3
Ogden, UT
35, joined Feb. 2013

Lol, cause you're obviously the a-team...

2/9/2013 12:32:36 PM How does ANYONE meet people here, with all the animousity being spat?  

lvrbouy
South Jordan, UT
61, joined May. 2007

Wow this like Bachelor on TV

2/9/2013 12:33:29 PM How does ANYONE meet people here, with all the animousity being spat?  

mzztazz
Sandy, UT
55, joined Mar. 2012

2/9/2013 12:35:40 PM How does ANYONE meet people here, with all the animousity being spat?  
gingergirl38
Over 1,000 Posts (1,331)
Sandy, UT
45, joined Aug. 2010

What is this A-team vs B-team BS
People make it sound like the Montagues vs the Capulates this is a dating site why turn it into a tragedy.

So high school. Clicks suck!

2/9/2013 12:41:40 PM How does ANYONE meet people here, with all the animousity being spat?  

mzztazz
Sandy, UT
55, joined Mar. 2012

I agree that clicks suck but they will always be there.... and they do seem to show up in this site. It is a choice by each person that post how they want to reply and handle what is said in here.

2/9/2013 12:44:08 PM How does ANYONE meet people here, with all the animousity being spat?  
kingnothing3
Ogden, UT
35, joined Feb. 2013

It's not new. Its been like this at least a year, and its stupid. The Utah group is full of elitist people who condemn you for any and every thought that isn't theirs. Yeah, I know- I can just avoid it, and so mostly I do, but this thread piqued my interest. And sure enough, the poster has already been hasseled over a funny screen name, had his motives questioned and been relegated to the dh b-team by one of said elitists. This group... sucks.

2/9/2013 12:56:34 PM How does ANYONE meet people here, with all the animousity being spat?  

topendstuff
Over 2,000 Posts (3,533)
Eden, UT
59, joined May. 2007

Quote from kingnothing3:
It's not new. Its been like this at least a year, and its stupid. The Utah group is full of elitist people who condemn you for any and every thought that isn't theirs. Yeah, I know- I can just avoid it, and so mostly I do, but this thread piqued my interest. And sure enough, the poster has already been hasseled over a funny screen name, had his motives questioned and been relegated to the dh b-team by one of said elitists. This group... sucks.

Hang in there!

After awhile you will find that you have only seen the tip of the icberg. A team, B team.... Juar keep watching and soon you will know the need for "The Perfect" team. Thus why, since the begining of this team BS, I have maintained that I the soul member of the F troop!

2/9/2013 1:02:29 PM How does ANYONE meet people here, with all the animousity being spat?  
older_wiser
Orem, UT
61, joined Dec. 2008

The nature of people is amusing, especially the ones that seldom if ever post. It seems a little drama brings them out of their lurking and presto their interest has been piqued, not by something positive, but usually by drama. Their first and last posts are usually shots taken to condemn the nature of the site, it's residents, their behavior and then they actually clamor down to the same level as "Hester Prynne"to fire off some shots of their own. go figure.

The A team and B team is a state of thinking and being, conjured up by an individual that used to attend group functions and represents, more than anything, a state of mind in the treatment of individuals on this site that show any weakness.

It has been going on for more than a year, just add an s to year and you'll have the time right.

2/9/2013 2:02:50 PM How does ANYONE meet people here, with all the animousity being spat?  
kingnothing3
Ogden, UT
35, joined Feb. 2013

No drama here- just a few people willing to tell you and your cronies that you are pretty lame. You act as if this site is your life and anything that threatens your slim hold on the fortress of solitude know as the dh Utah group just makes you quiver. There should be free reign here to post whatever you'd like (within reasonable guidelines set forth by the site- not you) without the clique jumping in and overriding the thread. Which happens all the time. But, alas, you're the a-team, and the rest of us are just living in your 'older, wiser' world where no one is welcome to voice anything freely without you and said cronies crying about it.

2/9/2013 2:19:12 PM How does ANYONE meet people here, with all the animousity being spat?  
older_wiser
Orem, UT
61, joined Dec. 2008

Quote from kingnothing3:
No drama here- just a few people willing to tell you and your cronies that you are pretty lame. You act as if this site is your life and anything that threatens your slim hold on the fortress of solitude know as the dh Utah group just makes you quiver. There should be free reign here to post whatever you'd like (within reasonable guidelines set forth by the site- not you) without the clique jumping in and overriding the thread. Which happens all the time. But, alas, you're the a-team, and the rest of us are just living in your 'older, wiser' world where no one is welcome to voice anything freely without you and said cronies crying about it.

Perfect example of what I just said:

"The nature of people is amusing, especially the ones that seldom if ever post. It seems a little drama brings them out of their lurking and presto their interest has been piqued, not by something positive, but usually by drama. Their first and last posts are usually shots taken to condemn the nature of the site, it's residents, their behavior and then they actually clamor down to the same level as "Hester Prynne"to fire off some shots of their own. go figure."

2/9/2013 2:25:56 PM How does ANYONE meet people here, with all the animousity being spat?  

anonomouse
Over 1,000 Posts (1,267)
Salt Lake City, UT
64, joined Jan. 2012

DAMMIT.....I don't have a Tee Shirt of which team I am on!

I definitely see the cliques.

I want to make a statement to Snowy. If you want a new place for some people of your choice, that's fine. However, to rub other peoples nose in it by posting about it was kind of cheap. Why feel the need to brag that you are leaving some out of your chosen place?

For the rest of us.....just post and have fun...because you can't control other peoples actions but you can control your reaction to it. Laugh it off....see it for what it is and go on.

2/9/2013 3:01:45 PM How does ANYONE meet people here, with all the animousity being spat?  
ssnowwy
Salt Lake City, UT
48, joined Jul. 2012

what's amazing. is why the attitudes in the first place.

ALL BECUASE ONE PERSON IS INTERESTED AND THE ANOTHER IS NOT.

cuz if your not interested like you claim. then why do you act the way you act. you certainly don't act like that with your friends. then you decide you don't want your friends being friends with the NON interested party. so you whine, and pout. and throw attitudes and lies and do everything yoo can to make the world hate the one.

and as for the people of MY CHOICE. i don't think soooooooooooooooo. i'm not the one dciding who hangs out with who.

it's the rest of YOU ALL who decide. don't be blaming MEEEE for the problems of others.

i only created THE NEW HOUSE. so that we could event where we want. when we want. without all the BS of who keeps there events up or who gets to attend. who gets harrased through emails just becuase they have an rsvp.

2/9/2013 3:14:06 PM How does ANYONE meet people here, with all the animousity being spat?  

anonomouse
Over 1,000 Posts (1,267)
Salt Lake City, UT
64, joined Jan. 2012

not sure if that response was directed at me. So, Until you tell me it was...I won't respond with my comments.