Select your best hookup:
Local
Gay
Asian
Latin
East Europe

www skipthegames com

OkCupid is a single of the most well known dating web sites and characteristics complete profiles that other members can completely scan ahead of connecting. vernon bc personals Much more complete capabilities, such as the capability to see who has checked out your profile and liked your photos, can be unlocked by a Match. The platform does not use a matching scheme, as an alternative, it is a massive venue of individual ads. rubmaps fullerton Whatever your demands may possibly be, you have the opportunity to discover chat rooms and talk with wonderful singles each day.

skipthegames sex

I really am an individual who can compromise to a certain extent, for instance I went to Singapore for my friend s wedding in January, but I am considering of those who don t really feel they can. tampa dating sites I only give blowjobs once just about every three months. Ahead of me, he spent four years functioning overseas and dating girls across the globe. dating sites india mumbai There is no more rapidly way to make me feel like I m failing at life than to ask me why I m single.

Home  Sign In  Search  Date Ideas  Join  Forums  Groups

8/9/2007 9:50:51 AM The Culture of Cults  

jewelz5
Monteagle, TN

Religious organisations and movements are free to practice their religion as they choose, subject to the laws of the land. In practice, this means that cults, in promoting their religious beliefs and gaining adherents, are free to use deception, misrepresentation, psychological coercion or any other techniques which do not leave physical traces and are difficult to prove in a court of law.

Initially using conventional marketing techniques, cults promote their particular belief systems. The trick is that through influencing a person's beliefs, it is possible to influence or indirectly control a person's mind. The actual controlling of mind is done by the person themselves, as they attempt to train and discipline their mind in accordance with the tenets of their new belief system. It is the belief system itself which is the primary active agent in cult mind control.

Cult belief systems differ from conventional belief systems in a number of subtle but significant ways, which may not be apparent to an outsider. To understand the nature of these differences is to understand the nature of a cult.

8/9/2007 9:53:57 AM The Culture of Cults  

jewelz5
Monteagle, TN

Cult belief systems are typically:

Independent and non-accountable - believers follow their own self-justifying moral codes: e.g. a Moonie may, in their own mind, justify deceptive recruiting as 'deceiving evil into goodness'.

Aspirational - they appeal to ambitious, idealistic people. The assumption that only weak, gullible people join cults is not necessarily true.

Personal and experiential - it is not possible to exercise informed free choice in advance, about whether the belief system is valid or not, or about the benefits of following the study and training opportunities offered by the group. The benefits, if any, of group involvement can only be evaluated after a suitable period of time spent with the group. How long a suitable period of time might be, depends on the individual, and cannot be determined in advance.

Hierarchical and dualistic - cult belief systems revolve around ideas about higher and lower levels of understanding. There is a hierarchy of awareness, and a path from lower to higher levels. Believers tend to divide the world into the saved and the fallen, the awakened and the deluded, etc.

Bi-polar - believers experience alternating episodes of faith and doubt, confidence and anxiety, self-righteousness and guilt, depending how well or how badly they feel they are progressing along the path.

Addictive - believers may become intoxicated with the ideals of the belief system, and feel a vicarious pride in being associated with these ideals. Cults tend to be cliquey and elitist, and believers can become dependent on the approval of the group's elite to maintain their own self-esteem. At an extreme, believers fear they will fall into hell if they leave the group.

Psychologically damaging - when established members leave or are expelled, they may develop a particular kind of cult-induced mental disorder, marked by anxiety and difficulty in making decisions. The disorder exhibits similarities to (but is not identical to) post-traumatic stress disorder, and certain types of adjustment disorders. [ICD 10, F60.6, F66.1, etc.]

Non-falsifiable - a cult belief system can never be shown to be invalid or wrong. This is partly why critics have low credibility, and why it can be difficult to warn people of the dangers of a cult.

8/9/2007 9:19:52 PM The Culture of Cults  

skipaway
Bartlett, IL

^^^^^^^^^^

8/11/2007 6:03:22 AM The Culture of Cults  

9thstwonder
Chesapeake Beach, MD

The way I define the difference between a cult and a religion is. A group of believers in (fill in the blank)have a charismatic spiritual leader who founds the group. If this leader dies and the group disolves, you had a cult. If this group carries on with new leaders then you have a religion. Things are kind of simple in my world.