Select your best hookup:
Local
Gay
Asian
Latin
East Europe

mixxxer hookup

Hunting over my profile, I recognized the girl it described, and this time, I liked her. maitland singles Pathankot based Danish Mahajan, 33, who is co founder of Radio Udaan, a community radio run by persons with visual disabilities, points out that dating is not constantly the most significant hurdle. She is also going on a tour with fellow social media star Bryce Hall. cityxguide ft myers She and Buckstein realized that the other fish in the sea weren t as appealing as they as soon as seemed, and that there was a comfy vibe to their old relationship, but with some modifications.

mega personal account login

Eharmony is a extended time player in the online dating game, and the first service to push an algorithmic system to try to make the very best possible dating matches for its members. single females in bloomington il Hi All so I avoided all dating apps and so forth during this time and I just do not know how I m meant to meet someone with all this. Its distinctive promoting point is an interface that feels closer to a Snapchat style story or a TikTok feed rather than the swipeable cards discovered in other dating apps. gay chicago hookup This is a great one particular since Tv is an important portion of almost everyone s life.

Home  Sign In  Search  Date Ideas  Join  Forums  Singles Groups  - 100% FREE Online Dating, Join Now!

7/1/2008 8:59:12 AM How long should you chat before meeting someone?  
imacontrygirl
Waterford, MI
57, joined Jun. 2008

I have only been on here 2 day's and Nervous Yes I Am....lol....I'm thinking 3 month's chatting then Meet face to face or even give out your phone number? Do you think that is unfair to people?

Meet singles at DateHookup.dating, we're 100% free! Join now!

DateHookup.dating - 100% Free Personals

7/1/2008 9:00:27 AM How long should you chat before meeting someone?  
sagiv
Over 1,000 Posts (1,198)
West Palm Beach, FL
35, joined May. 2008

Depends. Gotta take each person on a case by case basis. For the right person I'd meet after one day. Just depends on the vibe.

7/1/2008 9:02:45 AM How long should you chat before meeting someone?  
beu24
Over 2,000 Posts (2,291)
Virginia Beach, VA
56, joined May. 2008

I waited a month before I met my special someone. He is awesome.

7/1/2008 9:06:10 AM How long should you chat before meeting someone?  
beanz991
Over 4,000 Posts! (6,570)
Houston, TX
47, joined Jun. 2008

Shouldn't be a time on it...think of it as normal dating. So long as you meet in a safe place whats the harm in meeting straight away.

Would be a shame to chat to someone for 3 months and then meet and find out you hate eachother....bit of a waste of time if they are local etc.

7/1/2008 9:20:51 AM How long should you chat before meeting someone?  
leftyl8
Over 2,000 Posts (3,493)
Waverly, NY
49, joined Apr. 2008

trust me....wait as long as possible. people only show their true colors on here after theyre comfortable. and....if they want to remain on dating sites even after youre committed, big red flag....theyre players. theyll say, i just want to talk with my friends, or play on the forums....bullshit, theyre still looking and most likely already talkin with someone else.

7/1/2008 9:28:22 AM How long should you chat before meeting someone?  
behappy23
Lakeland, FL
59, joined Jun. 2008

NO! I think the longer, you wait the better it is. The longer you chat, the more you get to know the real inside of that person, you are chating with.

7/1/2008 9:28:58 AM How long should you chat before meeting someone?  
imacontrygirl
Waterford, MI
57, joined Jun. 2008

I truely belive if some one is interested in you they will except taking our time getting to each other. Thank's for the insight..

7/1/2008 9:31:34 AM How long should you chat before meeting someone?  
beanz991
Houston, TX
47, joined Jun. 2008

Quote from imacontrygirl:
I truely belive if some one is interested in you they will except taking our time getting to each other. Thank's for the insight..

What is your reasoning on not meeting for 3 months? You truly can't get to know someone over the internet..they might be lying through their teeth the whole time. Lying face to face is much more difficult and easy to spot.

7/1/2008 9:31:37 AM How long should you chat before meeting someone?  
missmmeoftheday
Over 4,000 Posts! (4,502)
Brooklyn, NY
49, joined May. 2008

It depends on what your goals are for the relationship.

If you are looking for some casual dating, then sooner is probably better... just makes sense. Why waste a lot of time online if you are dating and meeting a bunch of different people.

If you are locking in on a relationship, then you probably need more time online just to solidify things. JMO

altho, I guess that doesn't make a difference.... sometimes it feels safer to stay online.

[Edited 7/1/2008 9:36:43 AM ]

7/1/2008 9:34:07 AM How long should you chat before meeting someone?  

immabluefish
Over 1,000 Posts (1,000)
Orlando, FL
50, joined Jan. 2008

As soon as possible...Why wait? Someone can lie on line or over the phone just as much as in person IMO...If you meet in person you can read body language etc...

7/1/2008 9:37:50 AM How long should you chat before meeting someone?  
imacontrygirl
Waterford, MI
57, joined Jun. 2008

I have not dated in along time once in 5 year's that was only one date. I thought I might not ever date again. I really don't want to be single any more But i do want to make wise choice's and i'm thinking the longer the better..

7/1/2008 9:39:27 AM How long should you chat before meeting someone?  
missmmeoftheday
Brooklyn, NY
49, joined May. 2008

you need to get out there and meet lots of people... hiding behind the keyboard seems safe, but is counterproductive. Face your fears head on and you will get past them. JMO

7/1/2008 9:42:11 AM How long should you chat before meeting someone?  
imacontrygirl
Waterford, MI
57, joined Jun. 2008

Quote from missmmeoftheday:
It depends on what your goals are for the relationship.

If you are looking for some casual dating, then sooner is probably better... just makes sense. Why waste a lot of time online if you are dating and meeting a bunch of different people.

If you are locking in on a relationship, then you probably need more time online just to solidify things. JMO

altho, I guess that doesn't make a difference.... sometimes it feels safer to stay online.

casual dating is'nt for me..as you can see...lol...
I do want a locked in relationship...more time on line sound's great to me...Thanx

7/1/2008 9:42:50 AM How long should you chat before meeting someone?  

wileyguy
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (10,376)
Wilkes Barre, PA
44, joined Apr. 2007

I have only been on here 2 day's and Nervous Yes I Am....lol....I'm thinking 3 month's chatting then Meet face to face or even give out your phone number? Do you think that is unfair to people?

it all depends on how comfy you are.some 'click' better than others.meeting a stranger is a big step for some.if it does't feel right then don't do it.as far as phone,in this day and age......between the different IM's which include voice,voips...such as skype and prepaid cell phones........you should have at least 1 of these.they are untraceable so there is no need to worry about giving out personal info.if you don't have 1 of these,id suggest you get 1 or i'd say the person isn't serious.

7/1/2008 9:44:05 AM How long should you chat before meeting someone?  
ladbkguy
Leesburg, FL
89, joined Jun. 2008

Quote from immabluefish:
As soon as possible...Why wait? Someone can lie on line or over the phone just as much as in person IMO...If you meet in person you can read body language etc...

I agree wiht Ms. Bluefish. You get so much more out of a face to face. It doesn't have to be a full fledge date, just a sit down and talk kinda thing. Life is short if you wait a month then you find out it just aint right then you've wasted valuable time.

7/1/2008 9:44:27 AM How long should you chat before meeting someone?  
behappy23
Lakeland, FL
59, joined Jun. 2008

"Fools rush in! Fate and Believe!

[Edited 7/1/2008 9:47:47 AM ]

7/1/2008 9:44:40 AM How long should you chat before meeting someone?  
imacontrygirl
Waterford, MI
57, joined Jun. 2008

Quote from missmmeoftheday:
you need to get out there and meet lots of people... hiding behind the keyboard seems safe, but is counterproductive. Face your fears head on and you will get past them. JMO

I have only been on here 2 day's..lol...

7/1/2008 9:46:25 AM How long should you chat before meeting someone?  
beanz991
Houston, TX
47, joined Jun. 2008

We are talking about meeting in Starbucks here...not stripping off and flying to Mexico for a dirty weekend!

Can save yourself a lot of time by meeting off the bat. Also if you're nervous about it, it's best to get it over with and then you will be more comfortable with meeting people till you meet the right one.

If you go 3-6 months online first and he doesn't turn out to be the one...are you then going to do another 3-6 months with the next one and so on....You'll be 80 before you know it!

7/1/2008 9:48:29 AM How long should you chat before meeting someone?  

immabluefish
Over 1,000 Posts (1,000)
Orlando, FL
50, joined Jan. 2008

I agree why waste sooo much time chatting online when you could possibly meet a decent person...Its just a date!

7/1/2008 9:49:25 AM How long should you chat before meeting someone?  
defiantlyltr
Over 4,000 Posts! (6,332)
Stroudsburg, PA
63, joined Aug. 2007

In my honest opinion, meet right away so you don't get caught up in the fantasy world that emailing and IMing can bring into play. Both people will make the other person into someone that they want or really aren't in real life because only so much can be expressed and 'seen' through those mediums.

Shit or get off the pot!!
This is a dating site not a PenPal maker!Bring things into the RW for you right away!!

7/1/2008 9:50:12 AM How long should you chat before meeting someone?  
missmmeoftheday
Brooklyn, NY
49, joined May. 2008

you've been here for 2 days and he wants to meet? good for you....

2 days, 2 months.... meet in a safe public place and spend an hour. it's all good.

7/1/2008 9:50:15 AM How long should you chat before meeting someone?  
imacontrygirl
Waterford, MI
57, joined Jun. 2008

Quote from beanz991:
We are talking about meeting in Starbucks here...not stripping off and flying to Mexico for a dirty weekend!

Can save yourself a lot of time by meeting off the bat. Also if you're nervous about it, it's best to get it over with and then you will be more comfortable with meeting people till you meet the right one.

If you go 3-6 months online first and he doesn't turn out to be the one...are you then going to do another 3-6 months with the next one and so on....You'll be 80 before you know it!

Oh My Goodness...80...Sound's like a reality check there to me..lol...

7/1/2008 9:50:40 AM How long should you chat before meeting someone?  
beanz991
Houston, TX
47, joined Jun. 2008

Quote from defiantlyltr:
In my honest opinion, meet right away so you don't get caught up in the fantasy world that emailing and IMing can bring into play. Both people will make the other person into someone that they want or really aren't in real life because only so much can be expressed and 'seen' through those mediums.

This is a dating site not a PenPal maker!Bring things into the RW for you right away!!

ROAR!!!

7/1/2008 9:53:33 AM How long should you chat before meeting someone?  

justlaidback
Dunkirk, NY
60, joined Jul. 2007

Well I look at it this way, Everyone has a comfort zone and when and only when both people reach that zone then it's ok to meet, it could be after a week of chating, now I look at it from my view point, I would like to meet in person even after the first chat because I know I'm a nice guy and get along with people but that doesn't mean your'e a match with the person your'e meeting but it is nice to meet over a lunch or dinner to be sociable.

7/1/2008 10:05:27 AM How long should you chat before meeting someone?  
imacontrygirl
Waterford, MI
57, joined Jun. 2008

Quote from defiantlyltr:

This is a dating site not a PenPal maker!Bring things into the RW for you right away!![/quote

I can understand what your saying...Thanx...

7/1/2008 10:08:35 AM How long should you chat before meeting someone?  

wileyguy
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (10,376)
Wilkes Barre, PA
44, joined Apr. 2007

Quote from beanz991

some of us are

7/1/2008 10:09:43 AM How long should you chat before meeting someone?  

judit0606
Over 2,000 Posts (3,926)
Appalachia, VA
57, joined Mar. 2008

It's been that long for me, too!

Hun, do what feels right for YOU. No one else knows your life or your circumstances that make you, YOU!Sooo, go with your own gut instincts, OK? It's ALL GOOD!!!

7/1/2008 10:10:03 AM How long should you chat before meeting someone?  

meh777
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (12,093)
Midland, TX
37, joined Oct. 2007

Wiley don't tell everyone about our plans lol

7/1/2008 10:14:30 AM How long should you chat before meeting someone?  
imacontrygirl
Waterford, MI
57, joined Jun. 2008

Quote from judit0606:

It's been that long for me, too!

Hun, do what feels right for YOU. No one else knows your life or your circumstances that make you, YOU!Sooo, go with your own gut instincts, OK? It's ALL GOOD!!!

Boy somthing I preach and went straight over my head...Gut instinct's..Reality Check..Thanx I needed that..

7/1/2008 11:14:44 AM How long should you chat before meeting someone?  
defiantlyltr
Over 4,000 Posts! (6,332)
Stroudsburg, PA
63, joined Aug. 2007

Quote from defiantlyltr:

This is a dating site not a PenPal maker!Bring things into the RW for you right away!![/quote

I can understand what your saying...Thanx...

What I'm saying is that after so many emails and IMing's you can creating your own version of the person you are 'talking' with. Even if you move into the phone stage you are only getting an image that the other person wants to project. The same goes for him with you. You can start creating a fantasy person that YOU want the other to be and that will only fool you into thinking that he may be the ONE.

If you meet and really get to see the whole picture of that person (not as much can be hidden in person) you can really get to know if the chemistry is there and if there is potential.

Don't allow yourself to fall into the on-line dating site game of bait & tackle and wait & see and Imagination Zone play!! You will soon get burned out by all the fakes out there!

Meet as soon as you feel comfortable and let the real learning of each other begin.

7/1/2008 7:49:51 PM How long should you chat before meeting someone?  
jessicka
Dellroy, OH
40, joined Jun. 2008

I'm thinking 3 months is a long time for just chatting... its much better to meet them and talk to them in real life where you can read their body language and pick up on other facial cues, tone of voice etc.

text messages can leave a lot of room for assumptions.

7/1/2008 7:53:48 PM How long should you chat before meeting someone?  
castertroy
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (10,490)
Belmar, NJ
45, joined May. 2007

Honestly?
Wait too long and you may just lose a good thing.
Remember this is a place for meeting people, if you take too long someone else may be faster of the trigger and then you lose.
Now of course, you need to use common sense.
There is no time frame to meet someone , it is all about how comfortable you feel with that person.

7/1/2008 7:54:54 PM How long should you chat before meeting someone?  
thebestman
Over 7,500 Posts!! (9,658)
Atlanta, GA
41, joined Dec. 2006

Wait 3 months
Nooooooooooo

In a nutshell, to avoid disappointments and chances of deceit, the sooner you talk and meet the better. You will get a certain vibe from the email and chat, then you should talk. If you get a great vibe talking then meet. You wait a month or longer, you will be either left out and or played by the person because he is moving in on someone else, or you will have become deceived and your expectations when you finally do meet will not be the ones you've thought they were when you originally chatted and spent weeks of chatting and emailing.

Now there are always very small percentages of exceptions. For example, a couple of weeks few weeks etc... But my philosophy is the sooner the better. This way you get it all out the way instead of playing email and chat ping pong with someone you only know OR DON'T KNOW from behind the computer screen.

[Edited 7/1/2008 7:57:59 PM ]

7/1/2008 7:55:55 PM How long should you chat before meeting someone?  
virgomomof1
Brunswick, ME
42, joined Feb. 2008

Quote from thebestman:

Wait 3 months
Nooooooooooo

In a nutshell, to avoid disappointments and chances of deceit, the sooner you talk and meet the better. You will get a certain vibe from the email and chat, then you should talk. If you get a great vibe talking then meet. You wait a month or longer, you will be either left out and or played by the person because he is moving in on someone else, or you will have become deceived and your expectations when you finally do meet will not be the ones you've thought they were when you originally chatted and spent weeks of chatting and emailing.

thebestman! Always says it right on!!

7/1/2008 7:56:45 PM How long should you chat before meeting someone?  
thebestman
Atlanta, GA
41, joined Dec. 2006

Thank you virgo. How have you been?

7/2/2008 5:51:10 PM How long should you chat before meeting someone?  
imacontrygirl
Waterford, MI
57, joined Jun. 2008

Quote from thebestman:

Wait 3 months
Nooooooooooo

Now there are always very small percentages of exceptions. For example, a couple of weeks few weeks etc... But my philosophy is the sooner the better. This way you get it all out the way instead of playing email and chat ping pong with someone you only know OR DON'T KNOW from behind the computer screen.

Wow Shuch motivation there Best Man I just don't no why Bluefish did'nt send me to your profile to read all your Answer's...LOL...Thank's everyone for your support!! I appreciate it..

7/2/2008 6:16:45 PM How long should you chat before meeting someone?  
coca4000
Lake Charles, LA
44, joined Jun. 2008

i think about 6 month,and gettin to no the person,and feelin comfortable with it

7/2/2008 6:43:38 PM How long should you chat before meeting someone?  
thebestman
Atlanta, GA
41, joined Dec. 2006

Wow Shuch motivation there Best Man I just don't no why Bluefish did'nt send me to your profile to read all your Answer's...LOL...Thank's everyone for your support!! I appreciate it..

Thank you.

7/2/2008 7:18:08 PM How long should you chat before meeting someone?  
ynotmydear56
North Attleboro, MA
63, joined Apr. 2008

Just meet in a safe place... no need to wait.. there is either a chemistry or there isn't... so you don't have to drag it...

I once talked to someone online and the phone for over 3 months... when I met him, I was going to vomit...

Go for it girl, don't be nervous... he might be just as nervous as you are... two answers my dear.. yes or no... good luck

7/4/2008 5:51:12 AM How long should you chat before meeting someone?  
magic4us
Warren, MI
58, joined Mar. 2008

do you go out at all any place meet someone and say hey e mail me for 3 months ?
or what if its a love story and an accident happens during the chat for 3 months sorry it all seems like a lot of wasted time, dig in stand tall take chances, like the other man said meet in a crowded area, but get on with your life. i'm searching too take chances every time i see some that i'm interested in knowing ..you were on that list once ...good luck their are some nice polite gentalmen out here i know i'm one
usmc sgt. jeff

7/4/2008 6:05:14 AM How long should you chat before meeting someone?  
lust4love
Over 7,500 Posts!! (9,709)
Atco, NJ
44, joined Sep. 2007

I talked to someone on the phone for a couple of weeks just to hear we do'nt have anything in common.That even felt like a waste of time.If you feel the person might be right for you just meet them and stop beating around the bush.

7/4/2008 6:22:37 AM How long should you chat before meeting someone?  
layla22
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (66,357)
Boulder, CO
95, joined Jun. 2008

this is individually dependent on the two people, their situations...AND how frequent and extensive the emails, IM's, phone calls...

and how profusely and often one (always the man, in my case) is declaring love and passion for the other.

but...if that same person is also revealing he initiated contact to meet another or other female(s) from the site ...and has yet one or more others in emails with him...

answer is simple: NO meeting should or would take place...PLAYER ALERT !

dump him time !

7/4/2008 7:35:00 AM How long should you chat before meeting someone?  
tuesdaysgone49
Orlando, FL
56, joined May. 2008

You do it when you feel it's time to.Don't set a certain date.It's when you
both feel comfortable with it and want to.

7/4/2008 7:58:30 AM How long should you chat before meeting someone?  
lonelykittencal
Los Angeles, CA
26, joined Apr. 2008

If you're afraid to give out your phone number or jump into anything ask if they have a mic or a webcam (if you don't you should get one). The mic avoids them from getting your personal phone number but still being able to talk to them. The webcam does that and THEN some. On the webcam you can read body languages, facial expressions, etc etc.

7/4/2008 8:01:22 AM How long should you chat before meeting someone?  
magic4us
Warren, MI
58, joined Mar. 2008

layla22
so your saying a guy can only try to contact 1 lady at a time i sent a note out and it was never read i would have waited way to long but hey i'm still single, still searching, and when i do find ms. right i'll chat,im , e mail, phone, but when we meet and we hit it off everyone eles goes bye bye cause i'll go delete my profile ..but thats just me !!!

[Edited 7/4/2008 8:03:33 AM ]

7/4/2008 8:10:10 AM How long should you chat before meeting someone?  
ladyinparis
Paris, TX
48, joined Feb. 2008

Quote from magic4us:
layla22
so your saying a guy can only try to contact 1 lady at a time i sent a note out and it was never read i would have waited way to long but hey i'm still single, still searching, and when i do find ms. right i'll chat,im , e mail, phone, but when we meet and we hit it off everyone eles goes bye bye cause i'll go delete my profile ..but thats just me !!!

I agree totally. I mean, dating is dating. Once you have met someone and decide to be exclusive, that is when you quit engaging in communications with others. I mean, it is "Date Hook-up", if you put all of your eggs in one basket, how will ever know which basket is best for your eggs to begin with? It could take forever.

7/4/2008 8:15:05 AM How long should you chat before meeting someone?  
ladyinparis
Paris, TX
48, joined Feb. 2008

Quote from jessicka:
I'm thinking 3 months is a long time for just chatting... its much better to meet them and talk to them in real life where you can read their body language and pick up on other facial cues, tone of voice etc.

Right, if you were meeting people in the "real" world would you wait 3 months to go on a date with someone you met, no, you would go out with them and see how things go. To me, the quicker you can get off the internet and into real life the better off you are. You can learn so much more about someone in person than you can on the internet. So much less can be left up to imagination or assumptions. Most will agree, there is so much more to knowing someone than just what they type in an email or to being attracted to someone. Voice, demeanor, looks, chemistry, etc. You just can't get that through an email.

7/4/2008 8:42:20 AM How long should you chat before meeting someone?  
waterloosunset2
Coram, NY
56, joined May. 2008

Quote from ladyinparis:
Quote from jessicka:

Right, if you were meeting people in the "real" world would you wait 3 months to go on a date with someone you met, no, you would go out with them and see how things go. To me, the quicker you can get off the internet and into real life the better off you are. You can learn so much more about someone in person than you can on the internet. So much less can be left up to imagination or assumptions. Most will agree, there is so much more to knowing someone than just what they type in an email or to being attracted to someone. Voice, demeanor, looks, chemistry, etc. You just can't get that through an email.

The one good aspect of the internet dating scene, especially if it is an LDR, is the ability to take your time and develop the mental/emotional part of a relationship before the physical aspect gets in the way.

I cannot answer for anyone else, but far too often I've met someone locally after chatting/e-mailing/telephoning very briefly, had a mutual attraction and jumped far too quickly into a physical relationship (despite best intentions by both) before developing a mental and emotional bond. Nine times out of ten you then realize that there is no or little mental/emotional connection and end of story. It is sort of like being dropped into the deep water then looking around and realizing it is shark infested.

The best way to develop a lasting relationship is to establish a deep emotional connection first before advancing to the physical. Looks and physical chemistry are ephemeral....

[Edited 7/4/2008 8:42:56 AM ]

7/4/2008 12:41:04 PM How long should you chat before meeting someone?  
europeanman
Charlotte, NC
28, joined Jan. 2008

no its not unfair
and if ur good looking they usually want to meet u sooner
but i usually give them about a month sometimes 2

7/4/2008 12:57:25 PM How long should you chat before meeting someone?  
doll121
Over 7,500 Posts!! (8,053)
Middleport, OH
57, joined Jan. 2008

7/4/2008 1:00:41 PM How long should you chat before meeting someone?  
evileddy
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (10,652)
Ottawa, ON
41, joined Jan. 2008

Soon as possible for me... I can't stand getting to know someone before meeting them in person.. just won't happen with me.

I need to be breathing the same air to get a feel for a person.. text and pics just don't cut it for me... and I loathe the phone.

7/4/2008 1:06:04 PM How long should you chat before meeting someone?  
egglebert
Steinbach, MB
52, joined May. 2008

as opposed to looking at in interms of days or months, I look at it as quality hours devoted to actual chat time as well as assessing posts provided by that individual.

The posts they leave behind provides as much detail into the personality than the profile and subsequent one-on-one discussions. Individuals who are still packing a considerable amount of personal issues are easily screened through their responses in the forums.

You have to feel it out yourself and make that "executive" decision as to whether you trust moving forward with the relationship. There appears to be alot of games happening on the sites so just be cautious. There are just as many players on these sites as you have walking your streets but the internet leds itself better for covering up alterior motives