Select your best hookup:
Local
Gay
Asian
Latin
East Europe

mega personal create account login

Certainly not particularly if the message feels copy/pasted, the individual clearly didn t study your profile, or makes use of poor grammar and etiquette. asian singles phoenix az If you happen to be seeking to chat anonymously, C Date could be the internet site for you. Not all countries in which web sites operate have databases such as Match s, having said that, and even these that exist tend to have incomplete information. transaction denied by bank onlyfans So substantially of our first impression of people is in how they speak and how they engage in an interaction we rely on a lot of non verbal behaviour when we assess men and women.

mega personales

It s turn out to be a nicely worn metaphor due to the fact from fights to marriage to divorce, parallels abound. aurora colorado dating In unique, the team behind Salt hope to make Christian dating a tiny much less awkward and a lot far more fun. Certain internet websites also scan participants manually, adding an added layer of safety to the approach. cityxguide fort myers In fact, they may perhaps just encourage you to redownload again.

Home  Sign In  Search  Date Ideas  Join  Forums  Singles Groups  - 100% FREE Online Dating, Join Now!

6/7/2013 10:15:02 AM Where did "Have a Blessed Day" come from?  

ol39er
Over 4,000 Posts! (5,289)
Cicero, IL
44, joined Jul. 2011

For the longest time, people have said "God bless you" to convey a religious well-wishing to someone. As a person of faith, I have used it many times, and received it as well. Today, it seems to have been replaced by "Have a blessed day." I suppose it means roughly the same thing, but it sounds very different to me. The phrase has almost reached buzzword or catch-phrase status. I don't as a rule try to read into people's minds when they say things, but I can almost sense that some people, when they say "have a blessed day" are actually using it to show that they are hip to a trend, and some even sound condescending when they say it. I never got that impression when I heard "God Bless You."

Where and did "have a blessed day" originate? Does it have a different meaning in different contexts?

Meet singles at DateHookup.dating, we're 100% free! Join now!

DateHookup.dating - 100% Free Personals

6/7/2013 10:23:29 AM Where did "Have a Blessed Day" come from?  

ol39er
Cicero, IL
44, joined Jul. 2011

Quote from clarencec:
No one has ever said " Have a blessed day" to me. Is it an American thing?

It apparently must be an American phrase.

6/7/2013 10:28:00 AM Where did "Have a Blessed Day" come from?  
rlm68
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (18,110)
Aurora, CO
47, joined Apr. 2010

Quote from ol39er:
It apparently must be an American phrase.

i would agree to that and clarence is sharp enough to know better than us lol

blessed be

6/7/2013 11:08:08 AM Where did "Have a Blessed Day" come from?  

begbear1952
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (20,192)
Easley, SC
64, joined Jan. 2010

"Have a Blessed Day" is a way of saying "God bless you" while staying out of jail.

It is Politically Incorrect to say "God Bless You." That's because the political Left Wingnuts are so psychotically thin skinned and hypersensitive. Rather than just say, "And Marx bless you too," which would be the rational thing to reply, they get emotionally overwrought and try to make it a criminal act to say "God Bless You."

Perhaps they should outlaw sneezing too. That would at least be practical.

6/7/2013 3:53:02 PM Where did "Have a Blessed Day" come from?  

ol39er
Cicero, IL
44, joined Jul. 2011

Quote from begbear1952:
"Have a Blessed Day" is a way of saying "God bless you" while staying out of jail.

It is Politically Incorrect to say "God Bless You." That's because the political Left Wingnuts are so psychotically thin skinned and hypersensitive. Rather than just say, "And Marx bless you too," which would be the rational thing to reply, they get emotionally overwrought and try to make it a criminal act to say "God Bless You."

Perhaps they should outlaw sneezing too. That would at least be practical.

I didn't think it had any political overtones. I kind of thought some popular televangelist came up with it, and it caught on.

6/7/2013 6:14:00 PM Where did "Have a Blessed Day" come from?  

vanir
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (11,541)
Victoria
Australia
46, joined Mar. 2008

First time/place I heard/saw Have a blessed day was in greeting cards. You could get the classical God Bless You, then Enjoy Your Day became available and finally the intermediary Have a Blessed Day struck that midpoint in the role of state religion.

First place I heard Blessed Be was on television, specifically Buffy series and Charmed. It was after this it became the standard catchphrase of wiccans, because it was an invention by the writer for the movie The Craft. He wanted occult overtones for the direction he was taking wicca/witchcraft in the film and wanted some unique phrases. Be blessed is something midwives and neo-pagans often said so he flipped it to make Blessed Be. Reverse phraseology was immediately fashionable in wiccan and neo-pagan circles, when self appointed druids started engaging regular conversation using phrases like "the falling of waters from the sky" and you're like you mean rain? And they're like, "No the falling of the heavenly waters", well it was time to write that group off as omfg stupid.

6/8/2013 8:20:04 PM Where did "Have a Blessed Day" come from?  
mr_crowley
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (17,692)
Aynor, SC
48, joined Feb. 2009

some brain dead shit stain made it up like them f**king moronic rejects who wrote the bible

6/8/2013 10:29:15 PM Where did "Have a Blessed Day" come from?  

furchizedek
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (17,868)
Kingman, AZ
73, joined Sep. 2010

Quote from ol39er:
I didn't think it had any political overtones. I kind of thought some popular televangelist came up with it, and it caught on.

I'm not sure it's ever been said to me.

6/8/2013 10:33:48 PM Where did "Have a Blessed Day" come from?  

puddleofmud
Cedarville, NJ
49, joined May. 2011

My honest opinion is that old black ladies started saying it, but I don't know that to be fact.