Select your best hookup:
Local
Gay
Asian
Latin
East Europe

privatedelight dating

If you are seeking for a content, extended lasting partnership, EliteSingles actually could be a single of the very best on line dating web sites for you. new mexico singles Most of the make new mates apps are not intended for teens, but it is uncomplicated to get about age restrictions, due to the fact registration frequently entails just getting into a birth date. You can also filter through people who are really your sort, which can not be performed offline . rubratings mn This app provides special experiences of dating by actually letting you find the persons who are about you.

skipthegames con

This question can be a funny online dating question, as properly as 1 you can ask in particular person. concord nc singles Users are essential to fill out a short quiz to determine their core values in relation to other individuals, and this powers many beneficial tools to assistance them come across really like . RSVP says their buyer assistance team personally monitors and checks all profiles and photos that are submitted to the web page. doublelist san luis obispo After I turned 18, I didn t permit my parents to come with me to the hospital and went on my own.

Home  Sign In  Search  Date Ideas  Join  Forums  Singles Groups  - 100% FREE Online Dating, Join Now!

12/2/2013 8:33:04 PM What is the Seal of God?  

casheyesblond
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (17,295)
Belmont, NC
52, joined Feb. 2009

What is the Seal of God?

By Robert K. Sanders

Seventh-day Adventist (SDA) Church officials mislead people who attend their evangelistic seminars and Bible studies, read Adventist publications, or study views posted on their Internet sites on the topics of "The Seal of God" and "The Mark of the Beast". Adventists teach that those who keep the seventh day Sabbath will receive the Seal of God and those who worship on Sunday will receive the Mark of the Beast.

This non-biblical teaching is an evangelistic tool that causes fear and pressures people to join the SDA Church, as no Christian wants to receive the Mark of the Beast. In addition, I might note that many SDAs fear leaving Adventism and giving up the Sabbath, as they do not wish to receive the Mark of the Beast and lose their salvation. Seventh-day Adventists must teach this non-biblical doctrine as one of the major doctrines of their church since it has been defined as such by the visions of their prophetess Ellen G. White (EGW).

Mrs. White repeatedly states that in order to receive "the seal of God" a person must maintain the works of Sabbath keeping. If this were true then all Sabbatarians, including Jews, would receive the Seal of God.

Ellen G. White Denies the Holy Spirit's Seal and Replaces it With the Jewish Sabbath

EGW: In these things I saw great danger; for if the mind is filled with other things, present truth is shut out, and there is no place in our foreheads for the seal of the living God. This seal is the Sabbath. To Those who are receiving the seal of the living God. —January 31, 1849, paragraph 11.

EGW: “To the church of God who keeps the Sabbath—the seal of the living God.” [Used as a closing sentence.] —Ms 3, 1849, p. 2. (To Brethren and Sisters, January 18, 1849.) {5MR 200.1}

EGW: "Those who would have the seal of God in their foreheads must keep the Sabbath of the fourth commandment." —7BC 970 (1899).

EGW: "The sign, or seal, of God is revealed in the observance of the seventh-day Sabbath, the Lord's memorial of creation . . . . The mark of the beast is the opposite of this--the observance of the first day of the week." —8T 117 (1904)

EGW:“In Revelation 13 this subject is plainly presented. [Rev. 13:11-17 quoted]. This is the test that the people of God must have before they are sealed. All who prove their loyalty to God by observing His law, and refusing to accept a spurious sabbath, will rank under the banner of the Lord God Jehovah, and will receive the seal of the living God. Those who yield the truth of heavenly origin, and accept the Sunday sabbath, will receive the mark of the beast. What need will there be of the solemn warning not to receive the mark of the beast, when all the saints of God are sealed and ticketed for the New Jerusalem? "O consistency, thou art a jewel!" —Letter 11, 1890 - MR. 1140, 15.3.

God puts his "seal of ownership" on Christians who believe in Christ and the Holy Spirit. God DOES NOT SAY keep the Sabbath and I will seal you.

2 Cor. 1:21, 22 (NIV): Now it is God who makes both us and you stand firm in Christ. He anointed us, set his seal of ownership on us, and put his Spirit in our hearts as a deposit, guaranteeing what is to come.

Eph. 1:13,14 (NIV): And you also were included in Christ when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation. Having believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit, who is a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance until the redemption of those who are God’s possession—to the praise of his glory.

Eph: 4:30 (NIV): And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, with whom you were sealed for the day of redemption.

Meet singles at DateHookup.dating, we're 100% free! Join now!

DateHookup.dating - 100% Free Personals

12/2/2013 8:36:27 PM What is the Seal of God?  

casheyesblond
Belmont, NC
52, joined Feb. 2009

Please note that Sabbath is NEVER called a SEAL, either in the Old Covenant or in the New Covenant. Sabbath keeping will never entitle anyone to receive the SEAL OF GOD.

Revelation tells us about another sealed group called the 144,000. They are from the twelve tribes of Israel. This means that no Seventh-day Adventists will be sealed and be among the 144,000, because they never belonged to any tribe of Israel.

Rev. 7:2-4 (NIV): Then I saw another angel coming up from the east, having the seal of the living God. He called out in a loud voice to the four angels who had been given power to harm the land and the sea: “Do not harm the land or the sea or the trees until we put a seal on the foreheads of the servants of our God.” Then I heard the number of those who were sealed: 144,000 from all the tribes of Israel.

The Seal is the Son and the Father's name written in the forehead of the 144,000 and not the Sabbath!

Rev 14:1 (NIV) Then I looked, and there before me was the Lamb, standing on Mount Zion, and with him 144,000 who had his name and his Father’s name written on their foreheads.

In summary,
There are no requirements, other than the acceptance of Jesus Christ as Savior, for receiving the Seal of God!

Keeping the Old Covenant Sabbath is not a prerequisite for receiving the Seal of God as claimed by Ellen G. White. The Bible is clear on this matter. If the Seal of God were given only on the condition of Sabbath works, then all Sabbatarians would be entitled, including the works-driven Pharisees and Sadducees in Jesus' day, as well as present-day Jews, who do not accept Christ as their Savior.

The Seal of the Living God, which is the Holy Spirit, can only be given to those who have faith in Jesus Christ as their personal Savior. This seal was given to the Christians in the Apostolic Church, and will continue to be given until the Second Coming of Christ. It has nothing to do with the end of the world or Sabbath keeping works as taught by EGW.

Ellen G. White was so Bible illiterate and brain damaged by the stone that hit her in the head that for seventy years she simply could not get things right -- especially the Seal of God! It is sad that so many intelligent people follow her, believing that she has received the truth directly from God, when, in fact, her "truth" contradicts the Bible.

12/2/2013 10:01:42 PM What is the Seal of God?  
mindya
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (20,867)
Babylon
Iraq
63, joined Jan. 2009

Quote from casheyesblond:
Please note that Sabbath is NEVER called a SEAL, either in the Old Covenant or in the New Covenant. Sabbath keeping will never entitle anyone to receive the SEAL OF GOD.

Revelation tells us about another sealed group called the 144,000. They are from the twelve tribes of Israel. This means that no Seventh-day Adventists will be sealed and be among the 144,000, because they never belonged to any tribe of Israel.

Rev. 7:2-4 (NIV): Then I saw another angel coming up from the east, having the seal of the living God. He called out in a loud voice to the four angels who had been given power to harm the land and the sea: “Do not harm the land or the sea or the trees until we put a seal on the foreheads of the servants of our God.” Then I heard the number of those who were sealed: 144,000 from all the tribes of Israel.

The Seal is the Son and the Father's name written in the forehead of the 144,000 and not the Sabbath!

Rev 14:1 (NIV) Then I looked, and there before me was the Lamb, standing on Mount Zion, and with him 144,000 who had his name and his Father’s name written on their foreheads.

In summary,
There are no requirements, other than the acceptance of Jesus Christ as Savior, for receiving the Seal of God!

Keeping the Old Covenant Sabbath is not a prerequisite for receiving the Seal of God as claimed by Ellen G. White. The Bible is clear on this matter. If the Seal of God were given only on the condition of Sabbath works, then all Sabbatarians would be entitled, including the works-driven Pharisees and Sadducees in Jesus' day, as well as present-day Jews, who do not accept Christ as their Savior.

The Seal of the Living God, which is the Holy Spirit, can only be given to those who have faith in Jesus Christ as their personal Savior. This seal was given to the Christians in the Apostolic Church, and will continue to be given until the Second Coming of Christ. It has nothing to do with the end of the world or Sabbath keeping works as taught by EGW.

Ellen G. White was so Bible illiterate and brain damaged by the stone that hit her in the head that for seventy years she simply could not get things right -- especially the Seal of God! It is sad that so many intelligent people follow her, believing that she has received the truth directly from God, when, in fact, her "truth" contradicts the Bible.

Good comments there Cash.

12/3/2013 7:23:06 AM What is the Seal of God?  

wayn49
Over 2,000 Posts (3,693)
Birmingham, AL
54, joined Feb. 2011

its a mark that God places upon the forehead. forehead is a symbol of your thought pattern. those who choose to follow God are sealed. such as the case in ezekial 9: 4-and the lord said unto him, go through the midst of the city, through the midst of jerusalem, and set a mark upon the foreheads of the men that sigh and that cry for all the abominations that be done in the midst thereof.

even though many say the seal of God is the holy spirit, the people who have Gods spirit follow him at whatever cost.

this is what it says in 1 John 2: 4- he that saith, i know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
now saying this please i am not calling anyone a liar or false when it comes to seeking God. just sharing the word of God. God does wink at ignorance. that is those who are following him but yet lack understanding in a matter. they are doing there best they know to serve God.

12/3/2013 9:38:23 AM What is the Seal of God?  

a_nubian
Over 1,000 Posts (1,627)
Columbus, OH
52, joined Jan. 2011

What is the Seal of God?

By Robert K. Sanders

Seventh-day Adventist (SDA) Church officials mislead people who attend their evangelistic seminars and Bible studies, read Adventist publications, or study views posted on their Internet sites on the topics of "The Seal of God" and "The Mark of the Beast". Adventists teach that those who keep the seventh day Sabbath will receive the Seal of God and those who worship on Sunday will receive the Mark of the Beast.

You have already posted this on another thread. I addressed it. I will address it again.
I pointed out in the other thread you posted, with many references,this is a misrepresentation. The mark of the beast will be an issue of worship, near close of earth's history.

The final test will whom will you worship. Just because you worship on the 7th day does not mean you will be sealed by God nor if you worship on Sunday you will receive the Mark of the Beast.
What scripture teaches is that one day, all will have to decide, whom they will worship. A future event.

Scripture reveals that people will be force to receive the mark of the beast through force worship as found in Rev 13. Rev 14 warns not to receive the mark of the beast. And Revelation 14 points out: 7 Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters. That reflects the 4th commandment.

12 Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus. Which the 4th commandment states which day to Remember.

This non-biblical teaching is an evangelistic tool that causes fear and pressures people to join the SDA Church, as no Christian wants to receive the Mark of the Beast.

RE: non-biblical. It's biblical. You might not agree with it but it is found in the bible as evidence with the previous scripture.

People have joined other denominations/churches out of fear.
If people join any denomination out of fear, then they are joining for the wrong reasons. We have NEVER pressure people into joining. But I do know the Holy Spirit, pricks the hearts of those who are sincere, and guide them into all truth.

We don't teach that you should join the SDA church so you don't receive the mark of the beast. We teach the wonder love of Christ and those who want to know him better, should walk in the light of scripture, by which you can be with Him forever.

In addition, I might note that many SDAs fear leaving Adventism and giving up the Sabbath, as they do not wish to receive the Mark of the Beast and lose their salvation. Seventh-day Adventists must teach this non-biblical doctrine as one of the major doctrines of their church since it has been defined as such by the visions of their prophetess Ellen G. White (EGW).

A fact. Regardless of what denomination you belong to, you have pew warmers, nominal members (e.g. lukewarm), and devout members. My personal experiences, I have visited many SDA churches in many states. Not one has ever mentioned fear of giving up the Sabbath for fear of losing their salvation. In fact many SDA experience the spiritual blessing by keeping the Sabbath in which it becomes a delight, something to look forward to at the end of the week. So no, collectively, we aren't afraid of leaving the church because of Sabbath.

Ellen G. White Denies the Holy Spirit's Seal and Replaces it With the Jewish Sabbath

The Sabbath was instituted Creation week so it's not a 'Jewish Sabbath'.
Ellen White does not deny the Holy Spirit Seal.

EGW: In these things I saw great danger; for if the mind is filled with other things, present truth is shut out, and there is no place in our foreheads for the seal of the living God. This seal is the Sabbath. To Those who are receiving the seal of the living God. —January 31, 1849, paragraph 11.

EGW: “To the church of God who keeps the Sabbath—the seal of the living God.” [Used as a closing sentence.] —Ms 3, 1849, p. 2. (To Brethren and Sisters, January 18, 1849.) {5MR 200.1}

EGW: "Those who would have the seal of God in their foreheads must keep the Sabbath of the fourth commandment." —7BC 970 (1899).

EGW: "The sign, or seal, of God is revealed in the observance of the seventh-day Sabbath, the Lord's memorial of creation . . . . The mark of the beast is the opposite of this--the observance of the first day of the week." —8T 117 (1904)

EGW:“In Revelation 13 this subject is plainly presented. [Rev. 13:11-17 quoted]. This is the test that the people of God must have before they are sealed. All who prove their loyalty to God by observing His law, and refusing to accept a spurious sabbath, will rank under the banner of the Lord God Jehovah, and will receive the seal of the living God. Those who yield the truth of heavenly origin, and accept the Sunday sabbath, will receive the mark of the beast. What need will there be of the solemn warning not to receive the mark of the beast, when all the saints of God are sealed and ticketed for the New Jerusalem? "O consistency, thou art a jewel!" —Letter 11, 1890 - MR. 1140, 15.3.

God puts his "seal of ownership" on Christians who believe in Christ and the Holy Spirit. God DOES NOT SAY keep the Sabbath and I will seal you.

2 Cor. 1:21, 22 (NIV): Now it is God who makes both us and you stand firm in Christ. He anointed us, set his seal of ownership on us, and put his Spirit in our hearts as a deposit, guaranteeing what is to come.

Eph. 1:13,14 (NIV): And you also were included in Christ when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation. Having believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit, who is a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance until the redemption of those who are God’s possession—to the praise of his glory.

Eph: 4:30 (NIV): And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, with whom you were sealed for the day of redemption.

John 16:13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

Acts 5:32 And we are his witnesses of these things; and so is also the Holy Ghost, whom God hath given
to them that obey him.

Acts 5:32 says it all. The Seal is the Holy Spirit to whom that obey Him.

12/3/2013 10:55:25 AM What is the Seal of God?  

wayn49
Over 2,000 Posts (3,693)
Birmingham, AL
54, joined Feb. 2011

and that is true not all sda members will be sealed by Gods seal. and many of those who are none sda will be sealed

12/4/2013 10:16:03 PM What is the Seal of God?  
mindya
Babylon
Iraq
63, joined Jan. 2009

Quote from a_nubian:
John 16:13 I pointed out in the other thread you posted, with many references,this is a misrepresentation. The mark of the beast will be an issue of worship, near close of earth's history.

I don't see how there is a misrepresentation - this is straight from her "writings":

Source:

http://egwtext.whiteestate.org/publication.php?pubtype=Book&bookCode=3TT&lang=en&pagenumber=232

Seems pretty straight forward in regards to the "seal".

12/4/2013 10:29:46 PM What is the Seal of God?  

wayn49
Over 2,000 Posts (3,693)
Birmingham, AL
54, joined Feb. 2011

Quote from mindya:
I don't see how there is a misrepresentation - this is straight from her "writings":

Source:

http://egwtext.whiteestate.org/publication.php?pubtype=Book&bookCode=3TT&lang=en&pagenumber=232

Gods seal is that he is the creater of all life. he made everything including the 7th day. now if u say its his spririt then in the beginning the spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. and God spoke everything in creation. like it states in revelation on the 1st angels message. fear God and give glory to God for the hour of his judgement is come and worship him who made all things. the seal is placed upon those who keep Gods commandments and have the faith of Jesus. the holy spirit leads and guides all into truth. therefore those who have his spirit are those who are led to know truth

[Edited 12/4/2013 10:30:33 PM ]

12/4/2013 10:34:02 PM What is the Seal of God?  

a_nubian
Over 1,000 Posts (1,627)
Columbus, OH
52, joined Jan. 2011

Quote from mindya:

Source:

Mindya I have posted over and over again with Scripture and with Ellen White's writing that this will be an end time issue.

12/4/2013 10:45:54 PM What is the Seal of God?  
mindya
Babylon
Iraq
63, joined Jan. 2009

Quote from a_nubian:
Mindya I have posted over and over again with Scripture and with Ellen White's writing that this will be an end time issue.

And she and you are wrong - the book of revelation deals with the destruction of apostate Israel in 70AD and only them.

12/5/2013 1:10:23 AM What is the Seal of God?  

isna_la_wica
Over 4,000 Posts! (5,728)
Brantford, ON
61, joined Mar. 2012

Are they like stars you get in grade school for the right answer?

Do I get a gold one for this asnwer?

12/5/2013 6:13:14 AM What is the Seal of God?  

a_nubian
Over 1,000 Posts (1,627)
Columbus, OH
52, joined Jan. 2011

Quote from mindya:
And she and you are wrong - the book of revelation deals with the destruction of apostate Israel in 70AD and only them.

No not really.
Christ stated in Matthew and Mark about the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel.
God gave Israel the gospel first. Israel rejected it. As prophesied in Daniel, probation for Israel closed, culminating with the destruction of Jerusalem in 70 AD.
By then the gospel had already been given to the Gentiles.
Revelation's message is for the Christian, an unfolding of events,
from John's time until the end of time.

Nothing in Revelation is dealing with 70 AD.

12/5/2013 10:04:03 AM What is the Seal of God?  
mindya
Babylon
Iraq
63, joined Jan. 2009

Quote from a_nubian:

(Rev 1:1 KJV) The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to show unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:

(Rev 1:3 KJV) Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand.

(Rev 22:6 KJV) And he said unto me, These sayings are faithful and true: and the Lord God of the holy prophets sent his angel to show unto his servants the things which must shortly be done.

(Rev 22:10 KJV) And he saith unto me, Seal not the sayings of the prophecy of this book: for the time is at hand.

The book of revelation open and ends with the above "shortly" and "at hand" statements.

It was written to 7 actual physical churches that existed back in the 1st century AD.

What kind of weird logic and "theology" reads the "shortly" and "at hand" statements and places them 1970+ years later.

The NT is pointing to the 70AD destruction - it's strange that people consider it such an insignificant event that it would merit barely a mention by the apostles.

12/5/2013 3:30:40 PM What is the Seal of God?  

wayn49
Over 2,000 Posts (3,693)
Birmingham, AL
54, joined Feb. 2011

Quote from mindya:
(Rev 1:1 KJV) The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to show unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:

(Rev 1:3 KJV) Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand.

(Rev 22:6 KJV) And he said unto me, These sayings are faithful and true: and the Lord God of the holy prophets sent his angel to show unto his servants the things which must shortly be done.

(Rev 22:10 KJV) And he saith unto me, Seal not the sayings of the prophecy of this book: for the time is at hand.

The book of revelation open and ends with the above "shortly" and "at hand" statements.

It was written to 7 actual physical churches that existed back in the 1st century AD.

What kind of weird logic and "theology" reads the "shortly" and "at hand" statements and places them 1970+ years later.

The NT is pointing to the 70AD destruction - it's strange that people consider it such an insignificant event that it would merit barely a mention by the apostles.

70 AD has nothing to do with revelation. revelation was things that did happen from the past and now and what is coming. the 7 churches that John writes about are also a time period.

12/5/2013 4:12:21 PM What is the Seal of God?  
mindya
Babylon
Iraq
63, joined Jan. 2009

Quote from wayn49:
70 AD has nothing to do with revelation.

Of course it does if you let the bible speak for itself without weaving some fancy futurist end time story and fable from it.

revelation was things that did happen from the past and now and what is coming. the 7 churches that John writes about are also a time period.

That these are times periods of 7 churches is just more bogus futurist theology - the letter was written to tell those 7 existing churches that:

(Rev 1:1 KJV) The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to show unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass..........

And:

(Rev 1:3 KJV).......for the time is at hand.

The time has not been at hand for the past 1970+ years....

12/6/2013 10:15:34 AM What is the Seal of God?  

preterist
Over 1,000 Posts (1,159)
Beverly Hills, CA
48, joined Apr. 2013

Quote from a_nubian:
No not really.
Christ stated in Matthew and Mark about the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel.
God gave Israel the gospel first. Israel rejected it. As prophesied in Daniel, probation for Israel closed, culminating with the destruction of Jerusalem in 70 AD.
By then the gospel had already been given to the Gentiles.

Everything ion Revelation is dealing with old covenant Israel's destruction in AD 70

Jerusalem/ISRAEL is the target of God's wrath, this is a prophecy that was written in the law when Moses gave it, see Deuteronomy 32....and it repeats itself in every prophecy including revelation.

The entire bible and prophetic scripture is about Israel's death and resurrection

Where does it say that everything changes in revelation from the rest of scripture?

ONLY ISRAEL IS GUILTY OF KILLING THE PROPHETS.

Revelation is about God's vengeance against those who killed His prophets.

Your claim that it wasn't Israel who was guilty for killing the prophets is absurd!

12/6/2013 11:13:56 AM What is the Seal of God?  
mindya
Babylon
Iraq
63, joined Jan. 2009

Quote from a_nubian:
Israel rejected it. As prophesied in Daniel, probation for Israel closed, culminating with the destruction of Jerusalem in 70 AD.By then the gospel had already been given to the Gentiles.

Probation for Israel?...

You guys need to quit making stuff up - here are the facts, no fancy theological sleight of hand or smoke and mirrors:

The wh*re is obviously 1st century apostate Israel - we know from history that apostate Israel was in league with the Romans of that time.

(Rev 13:1 KJV) And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy.

The beast rose out of the sea - the sea representing the Gentile nations.

(Rev 12:17 KJV) And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

(Rom 9:27 KJV) Esaias also crieth concerning Israel, Though the number of the children of Israel be as the sand of the sea, a remnant shall be saved:

(Rom 11:5 KJV) Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace.

The remnant of the book of revelation are the ones Paul is speaking about in the letter to the Romans - they are 1st century AD Israelites and that is established before in the previous verse(s)

(Rev 12:13 KJV) And when the dragon saw that he was cast unto the earth, he persecuted the woman which brought forth the man child.

The woman represents "elect" and "remnant" Israel.

The wh*re/woman arrayed in Revelation represents the apostate Israelite Priesthood - the description of his garments:

(Exo 28:4 KJV) And these are the garments which they shall make; a breastplate, and an ephod, and a robe, and a broidered coat, a mitre, and a girdle: and they shall make holy garments for Aaron thy brother, and his sons, that he may minister unto me in the priest's office.

(Exo 28:5 KJV) And they shall take gold, and blue, and purple, and scarlet, and fine linen.

(Exo 28:6 KJV) And they shall make the ephod of gold, of blue, and of purple, of scarlet, and fine twined linen, with cunning work.

(Exo 28:7 KJV) It shall have the two shoulder pieces thereof joined at the two edges thereof; and so it shall be joined together.

(Exo 28:8 KJV) And the curious girdle of the ephod, which is upon it, shall be of the same, according to the work thereof; even of gold, of blue, and purple, and scarlet, and fine twined linen.

(Exo 28:9 KJV) And thou shalt take two onyx stones, and grave on them the names of the children of Israel:

(Exo 28:10 KJV) Six of their names on one stone, and the other six names of the rest on the other stone, according to their birth.

(Rev 17:4 KJV) And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication:

As can be seen the description of the Priests garments in Exodus is almost word for word repeated in John's revelation for the clothing of the wh*re.

This along with Jerusalem being accused of killing the prophets all lines up to the wh*re being 1st century AD Israel/Jerusalem:

(Mat 23:37 KJV) O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!

12/6/2013 1:05:43 PM What is the Seal of God?  

a_nubian
Over 1,000 Posts (1,627)
Columbus, OH
52, joined Jan. 2011

Probation for Israel?...

You guys need to quit making stuff up - here are the facts, no fancy theological sleight of hand or smoke and mirrors:

Nope not making stuff up. Probation closed with Israel,Spiritually speaking.

12/6/2013 3:51:18 PM What is the Seal of God?  
mindya
Babylon
Iraq
63, joined Jan. 2009

Quote from a_nubian:
Nope not making stuff up. Probation closed with Israel,Spiritually speaking.

Sure you are - it's part of SDA "theology" which has no basis in biblical facts.

[Edited 12/6/2013 3:51:32 PM ]

12/6/2013 5:00:06 PM What is the Seal of God?  

wayn49
Over 2,000 Posts (3,693)
Birmingham, AL
54, joined Feb. 2011

Quote from mindya:
Sure you are - it's part of SDA "theology" which has no basis in biblical facts.

no actually its the bible and history. unless you study history you will not understand daniel and revelation

12/6/2013 6:57:38 PM What is the Seal of God?  

a_nubian
Over 1,000 Posts (1,627)
Columbus, OH
52, joined Jan. 2011

Quote from mindya:

No it's not SDA theology it's biblical.

Probation is closed for Israel. The gospel is given now to the Gentiles.

12/6/2013 7:14:11 PM What is the Seal of God?  
mindya
Babylon
Iraq
63, joined Jan. 2009

Quote from a_nubian:

This "probation" malarkey started out with the Millerites:

(1) They retained their principle of a non-"Judaizing" premillennialism that is opposing the "Judaizing doctrine" of the restoration of the literal Jews as a fulfillment of the Abrahamic covenant.

(2) They made what appears to be a rather vaguely worded concession toward the new view of conditional immortality taught by a few Millerite leaders.

(3) They abandoned, necessarily, the 1844 date for the Second Advent, but in so doing they also abandoned the idea that the 1844 movement was a fulfillment of prophecy, or that a prophetic landmark had been passed that would explain the disappointment.

(4) Since they had emphasized the close of human probation (which they held was symbolized by the "shut door" of the parable of the Ten Virgins) as involved in the ending of the 2300 days, and since they were convinced that probation had not ended, they now insisted also that the 2300 years, and the parable with its shut door, had likewise not been fulfilled. (This left an opening for revisions of the chronology and later dates set for the Advent by the leaders.)

Retaining the distinctive principles of Millerite premillennialism, the SDA's modified certain points; for example, holding to the close of probation at the Second Advent but placing the renewal of the earth, and the establishment on it of the everlasting kingdom of the saints, at the end of the millennium

Resolved, That no portion of the New Testament scriptures give[s] the most indirect intimation of the literal restoration of the Jews to old Jerusalem, we believe that the arguments drawn from the Old Testament prophecies are based on a mistaken view of those prophecies: and that they have been fulfilled in what the gospel has already done, or remain to be fulfilled in the gathering all the spiritual seed of Abraham into the New Jerusalem....

Resolved, That the notion of a probation [opportunity for conversion] after Christ's coming, is a lure to destruction, entirely contradictory to the word of God, which positively teaches that when Christ comes the door is shut, and such as are not ready can never enter in (The Signs of the Times 3:69, June 1, 1842).

Full text at:

http://washington.netadvent.org/history2.html

12/6/2013 10:05:54 PM What is the Seal of God?  

cakewalk8
Robertsdale, AL
66, joined Oct. 2013

Did you know a african tribe ,seeing a airplane for the first time thought it was a God.. Until he was told different. Everyone who reads the Bible has different opinions on what they read.That is why their is so many different writings in the book. First of all we know man is a liar, or a story stretcher may i add not to defend anyone. God also new this as his Son did. I believe myself what Jesus spoke and only what he spoke ,came from the Father him self.The words of Jesus are what they are and as man kind knows ,there is doubt in the eyes of the seeker. God knew their would be !!For he created mankind for he understood the faults he created. He would have corrected this if not for his Son. Men seek to be rulers of a kingdom they do not possess. Only one Kingdom ,when will they learn? They never will !! Its the kingdom of God. Learn to love each other ,help your fellow man or neighbor, love your enemy as you love your self...never get tired of giving ..God Bless All.

12/10/2013 7:19:42 AM What is the Seal of God?  

preterist
Over 1,000 Posts (1,159)
Beverly Hills, CA
48, joined Apr. 2013

Quote from a_nubian:

The 'Israel' that was cut off from hearing the gospel of Christ, hasn't existed for 2000 years.

The new Israel is the spiritual body of Christ.

There are no Gentiles in the kingdom of God, there are only those people who are made to be the race of 'Spiritual Israel' by and through the Spiritual birthing of God.

I am sick of this racism that supports one race over another.

12/11/2013 6:12:39 PM What is the Seal of God?  

isna_la_wica
Brantford, ON
61, joined Mar. 2012

This probabtion thingy, extends to them selves as well it seems. I was curious about it and googled 'probation " and the Bible. Most of the hits were SDA sites, with arguments about whether ttheir 'probabtion " was "closed or not.

Ellen White :"The plain straight testimony must live in the church, or the curse of God will rest upon His people as surely as it did upon ancient Israel because of their sins. God holds His people, as a body, responsible for the sins existing in individuals among them." Testimonies, vol. 3, p. 269.Judaizers and a Time of Probation for Churches

omega77.tripod.com/jorgenson1.htm

Keep the Faith: When Probation Closes for the Church

Notice how this statement reads, “In the balances of the sanctuary the Seventh-day Adventist Church is to be weighed. ... that the church, the Lord’s sanctuary, ...
Notice how this statement reads, “In the balances of the sanctuary the Seventh-day Adventist Church is to be weighed. She will be judged by the privileges and the advantages that she has had. If her spiritual experience does not correspond to the advantages that Christ, at infinite cost, has bestowed on her, if the blessings conferred have not qualified her to do the work entrusted to her, on her will be pronounced the sentence: ‘Found wanting.’ By the light bestowed, the opportunities given, will she be judged .” Testimonies for the Church , Volume 8, p. 247.

www.ktfministry.org/.../140/when-probation-closes-for-the-church

According to many SDA members, as long as the church keeps practising Saturday sabbaths, then the "probabation is not closed".

But notice that it is the church its self, that is guilty, for what members as individuals might do.

So it is the church itself that gets the mark of the beast or seal of God, I guess?

Certainly though, it seems that they teach, it is the church that saves them. Not very bibical at all.

12/12/2013 6:49:50 AM What is the Seal of God?  

a_nubian
Over 1,000 Posts (1,627)
Columbus, OH
52, joined Jan. 2011

Quote from isna_la_wica:
This probabtion thingy, extends to them selves as well it seems. I was curious about it and googled 'probation " and the Bible. Most of the hits were SDA sites, with arguments about whether ttheir 'probabtion " was "closed or not.

Ellen White :"The plain straight testimony must live in the church, or the curse of God will rest upon His people as surely as it did upon ancient Israel because of their sins. God holds His people, as a body, responsible for the sins existing in individuals among them." Testimonies, vol. 3, p. 269.Judaizers and a Time of Probation for Churches

omega77.tripod.com/jorgenson1.htm

Notice how this statement reads, “In the balances of the sanctuary the Seventh-day Adventist Church is to be weighed. ... that the church, the Lord’s sanctuary, ...
Notice how this statement reads, “In the balances of the sanctuary the Seventh-day Adventist Church is to be weighed. She will be judged by the privileges and the advantages that she has had. If her spiritual experience does not correspond to the advantages that Christ, at infinite cost, has bestowed on her, if the blessings conferred have not qualified her to do the work entrusted to her, on her will be pronounced the sentence: ‘Found wanting.’ By the light bestowed, the opportunities given, will she be judged .” Testimonies for the Church , Volume 8, p. 247.

www.ktfministry.org/.../140/when-probation-closes-for-the-church

According to many SDA members, as long as the church keeps practising Saturday sabbaths, then the "probabation is not closed".

But notice that it is the church its self, that is guilty, for what members as individuals might do.

So it is the church itself that gets the mark of the beast or seal of God, I guess?

Certainly though, it seems that they teach, it is the church that saves them. Not very bibical at all.

I read the sermon. The sermon was addressing issues in our church, that SDA members are questioning (including myself) whether we are heading into apostasy. On a personal note, I have stopped attending a local SDA church because they were promoting an issue that was not only contrary to what the denomination teaches, but more importantly contrary to the Word of God.

Nelson set the stage, biblically pointing out probation closing for an individual, Belshazzar, Sodom, and Israel.

Regardless if you feel the Adventist church is wrong. We still are in harmony with our beliefs according to the bible.

1 Peter 4:17 For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?
The close of probation will start with Adventist church first.

Lawrence Neslon:
"Until this sealing commences, until the separation of the wheat and the tares takes place, we are unwarranted in concluding that the probation of the Seventh-day Adventist Church has closed. Let us keep in mind that the movement that finally emerges following probation’s close of the Seventh-day Adventist Church is a purified movement..."

Adventist believe that before probation closed for the entire world, it will close with us first.
The tares will be sifted out of the Adventist church.

Ellen White Testimonies for the Church addressing the Seventh Day Adventist:
No superiority of rank, dignity, or worldly wisdom, no position in sacred office, will preserve men from sacrificing principle when left to their own deceitful hearts. Those who have been regarded as worthy and righteous prove to be ring-leaders in apostasy and examples in indifference and in the abuse of God's mercies. Their wicked course He will tolerate no longer, and in His wrath He deals with them without mercy. {5T 212.1}
It is with reluctance that the Lord withdraws His presence from those who have been blessed with great light and who have felt the power of the word in ministering to others. They were once His faithful servants, favored with His presence and guidance; but they departed from Him and led others into error, and therefore are brought under the divine displeasure. {5T 212.2}

Wica

Ellen White
Not all who profess to keep the Sabbath will be sealed.

There are many even among those who teach the truth to others who will not receive the seal of God in their foreheads. They had the light of truth, they knew their Master's will, they understood every point of our faith, but they had not corresponding works. These who were so familiar with prophecy and the treasures of divine wisdom should have acted their faith. They should have commanded their households after them, that by a well-ordered family they might present to the world the influence of the truth upon the human heart. {5T 213.2}
By their lack of devotion and piety, and their failure to reach a high religious standard, they make other souls contented with their position. Men of finite judgment cannot see that in patterning after these men who have so often opened to them the treasures of God's word, they will surely endanger their souls. Jesus is the only true pattern. Everyone must now search the Bible for himself upon his knees before God, with the humble, teachable heart of a child, if he would know what the Lord requires of him. However high any minister may have stood in the favor of God, if he neglects to follow out the light given him of God, if he refuses to be taught as a little child, he will go into darkness and satanic delusions and will lead others in the same path. {5T 214.1}
Testimonies for the Church Vol. 5

Wayn and I have said this before.

[Edited 12/12/2013 6:51:14 AM ]

12/12/2013 2:58:26 PM What is the Seal of God?  

isna_la_wica
Brantford, ON
61, joined Mar. 2012

But if the church is responsible for sins done by members that could lose them their Salvation, then surely it follows that the church is what sabes in the first place.

12/12/2013 8:48:06 PM What is the Seal of God?  

d_voted
Over 2,000 Posts (3,993)
Winnipeg, MB
63, joined Sep. 2008
online now!

Quote from isna_la_wica:
But if the church is responsible for sins done by members that could lose them their Salvation, then surely it follows that the church is what sabes in the first place.

Great argument. Wow. I'm glad my salvation is not in the hands of my church otherwise I'd nefer be sabed. <<<< Had to do that - double down on typos.

D

12/12/2013 9:00:18 PM What is the Seal of God?  

d_voted
Over 2,000 Posts (3,993)
Winnipeg, MB
63, joined Sep. 2008
online now!

God owns ALL the seals.

Some balance balls on their noses in California and some get their heads bashed in for their fur. God owns them all.

I am sealed by God because He called me. Screw everything else.

D

PS: Ask and you will receive as well.

12/13/2013 5:57:02 AM What is the Seal of God?  

isna_la_wica
Brantford, ON
61, joined Mar. 2012

Quote from d_voted:
Great argument. Wow. I'm glad my salvation is not in the hands of my church otherwise I'd nefer be sabed. <<<< Had to do that - double down on typos.

D

That is what the SDA claim in the quote I posted earlier. And that is what some of them claim, that the probabation for their church has been 'closed". This is what they claim, happened to Judaism, and why God then blessed their SDA church.

I my self am not SDA, and do not subscribe to that at all.

In fact, I do not believe in inherited sin. It is my sin, and my sin alone that separates me from God. I do not blame any church or Adam and Eve for what I do, whether it is sin or bad typing.

And as for Salvation, that is not my doing, or any church. That is all from God.

I was simply responding to the thread above mine.

1/4/2014 11:52:53 PM What is the Seal of God?  

casheyesblond
Belmont, NC
52, joined Feb. 2009

What is the Seal of God?

By Robert K. Sanders

This non-biblical teaching is an evangelistic tool that causes fear and pressures people to join the SDA Church, as no Christian wants to receive the Mark of the Beast. In addition, I might note that many SDAs fear leaving Adventism and giving up the Sabbath, as they do not wish to receive the Mark of the Beast and lose their salvation. Seventh-day Adventists must teach this non-biblical doctrine as one of the major doctrines of their church since it has been defined as such by the visions of their prophetess Ellen G. White (EGW).

Mrs. White repeatedly states that in order to receive "the seal of God" a person must maintain the works of Sabbath keeping. If this were true then all Sabbatarians, including Jews, would receive the Seal of God.

1/4/2014 11:53:42 PM What is the Seal of God?  

casheyesblond
Belmont, NC
52, joined Feb. 2009

In summary,

1/5/2014 12:28:09 AM What is the Seal of God?  
mindya
Babylon
Iraq
63, joined Jan. 2009

Well really she never replaced it with anything like the Jewish sabbath...

1/5/2014 2:48:45 PM What is the Seal of God?  

casheyesblond
Belmont, NC
52, joined Feb. 2009

Quote from mindya:
Well really she never replaced it with anything like the Jewish sabbath...

teeheehee

Those that claim that the fourth commandment is the God's seal are following the teachings of Ellen White.Ellen White repeatedly stated that in order to receive "the seal of God" a person must maintain the works of Sabbath keeping. If this were true then all Sabbatarians, including Jews, would receive the Seal of God.

Let me repeat that

If this were true then all Sabbatarians, including Jews, would receive the Seal of God.

Now you can listen to what Ellen White tell you or you can listen to what the word of God tells you.I prefer to listen to what the word of God tells me.The word of God tells us that the Holy spirit is the seal of God and God puts his "seal of ownership" on Christians who believe in Christ and the Holy Spirit. God DOES NOT SAY keep the Sabbath and I will seal you.

1/5/2014 4:56:55 PM What is the Seal of God?  
hadassah169
Over 4,000 Posts! (4,941)
Dhaneswargati
Bangladesh
81, joined Dec. 2012

I thought the Seal of GOD was the Holy Spirit?

1/5/2014 6:16:23 PM What is the Seal of God?  

casheyesblond
Belmont, NC
52, joined Feb. 2009

Quote from hadassah169:
I thought the Seal of GOD was the Holy Spirit?

Indeed the Bible clearly says the Holy Spirit is the seal of God.

"In Him, you also, after listening to the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation –having also believed, you were sealed in Him with the Holy Spirit of promise." Ephesians 1:13

"Do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption." Ephesians 4:30

"Now He who establishes us with you in Christ and anointed us is God, who also sealed us and gave us the Spirit in our hearts as a pledge." 2 Corinthians 1:21-22

Seventh-day Adventists teach that the "seal of God" is the Sabbath (worshipping on Saturday). This is not Biblical.The seal of God is not the Sabbath, the Bible clearly says it is the Holy Spirit.

And Seventh-day Adventists teach that Sunday keeping is the mark of the beast.

Seventh-day Adventists official position is that there is gonna be a Sunday law enforced and all Sunday keepers will then receive the mark of the beast if they worship on Sunday and will be hell doomed.

That's not Biblical either.

1/5/2014 7:40:16 PM What is the Seal of God?  
mindya
Babylon
Iraq
63, joined Jan. 2009

And Seventh-day Adventists teach that Sunday keeping is the mark of the beast.

And they can't quote a verse that states that - it's all made up "theology"..

(Rev 19:20 KJV) And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.

The above clearly identifies the "mark of the beast" as followers of the false prophet and worshiped his image.

How can observing sunday as a day of worship equate to being a follower of the false prophet and worshiping his image - makes no sense.......

(Rev 13:4 KJV) And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?

(Rev 13:6 KJV) And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme his name, and his tabernacle, and them that dwell in heaven.

The tabernacle was the old temple in Jerusalem that was destroyed on 70AD - we know from Josephus the 1st century AD Jewish Historian that the temple was "blasphemed" or defiled by the roman centurions.

This places the mark of the beast back in the 1st century AD.

1/5/2014 10:10:40 PM What is the Seal of God?  

wayn49
Over 2,000 Posts (3,693)
Birmingham, AL
54, joined Feb. 2011

Quote from mindya:
And they can't quote a verse that states that - it's all made up "theology"..

(Rev 19:20 KJV) And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.

The above clearly identifies the "mark of the beast" as followers of the false prophet and worshiped his image.

How can observing sunday as a day of worship equate to being a follower of the false prophet and worshiping his image - makes no sense.......

(Rev 13:4 KJV) And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?

(Rev 13:6 KJV) And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme his name, and his tabernacle, and them that dwell in heaven.

The tabernacle was the old temple in Jerusalem that was destroyed on 70AD - we know from Josephus the 1st century AD Jewish Historian that the temple was "blasphemed" or defiled by the roman centurions.

This places the mark of the beast back in the 1st century AD.

sunday worship is not the mark of the beast. sunday was Gods first day of creation. the mark of the beast is a political and religious power that enforces worship on all. its a power that claims to be God on earth which is blasphemy and claims to have the authority to change Gods word. the question is who will you serve, God and his worship or this power and its worship

1/5/2014 10:26:37 PM What is the Seal of God?  

casheyesblond
Belmont, NC
52, joined Feb. 2009

Quote from wayn49:
sunday worship is not the mark of the beast. sunday was Gods first day of creation. the mark of the beast is a political and religious power that enforces worship on all. its a power that claims to be God on earth which is blasphemy and claims to have the authority to change Gods word. the question is who will you serve, God and his worship or this power and its worship

yeah yeah sure we get it wayne,ya don't believe Sunday keepers have the mark of the beast YET because your'e waiting on that National Sunday law that Ellen White told ya was gonna happen and that's when myself and all other Sunday keepers that continue to worship on Sunday will receive the mark of the beast.

It is quite clear that the SDA church goes on and on about how the Bible warn us of the harlot's daughters and even quotes this Scripture when referring to Christians that are Sunday keepers.

Rev 17:5 And upon her forehead [was] a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.

And yes Ellen White's writings are very condemning of nearly all other churches.
She, with others of her time, saw the Catholic Church as “Babylon” and the “Harlot” of Revelation, but she did not stop with the condemnation of the Catholic Church. She called the Protestant churches which did not accept SDA’s teachings on the three angels messages of Revelation 14 “fallen churches” and the “daughters of Babylon.”

The SDA church breaks it down this way:

harlot OF BABYLON--the synagogue of Satan.

There is one Synagogue of Satan. There is ONE city that is symbolic of his kingdom--Babylon.

Father=Satan

Mother=Rome

Daughters=apostate Protestant harlot daughters in which the SDA church puts every Protestant that is a Sunday keeper in this category.

I repeat,
No where in Rev 13 does it read the words," the United States of America is the image of the beast" nor does it read the words," the Mark of the beast will be Sunday worship" and the Bible is quite clear that the Holy spirit is the seal of God,not a certain day of the week on chooses to worship on.

So I will also repeat this again for ya

Myself and other Catholics and Protestants in this forum and elsewhere need not concern ourselves about the end of the world because we have Christ as our Savior. To worry is to not trust Christ.All is in God's hands and he has promised eternal life to those that trust in him.That's the word of God !

1/5/2014 10:34:17 PM What is the Seal of God?  

casheyesblond
Belmont, NC
52, joined Feb. 2009

Quote from wayn49:
sunday worship is not the mark of the beast.

Somebody should have told Ellen White that so that the SDA would not have made it part of their official SDA teachings.

Here is proof that the official doctrine of the Seventh-day Adventist churches is that the Mark of the beast is those who worship on Sunday.

In 1898 Ellen White wrote:

"John was called to behold a people distinct from those who worship the Beast and his image by keeping the first day of the week. The observance of this day is the mark of the Beast."

How does one obtain the mark of the beast? Well according to Seventh-day Adventists, it is by observance of Sunday. How does one observe Sunday? Ellen White makes that perfectly clear:

"If the light of truth has been presented to you, revealing the Sabbath of the fourth commandment, and showing that there is no foundation in the Word of God for Sunday observance, and yet you still cling to the false sabbath, refusing to keep holy the Sabbath which God calls "My holy day," you receive the mark of the beast. When does this take place? When you obey the decree that commands you to cease from labor on Sunday and worship God, while you know that there is not a word in the Bible showing Sunday to be other than a common working day, you consent to receive the mark of the beast, and refuse the seal of God."

Notice carefully that in order to receive the mark of the beast according to Ellen White one must:

"Cease from labor on Sunday" and ...
"Worship God" on Sunday

*****Additional proof that the official doctrine of the Seventh-day Adventist churches is that the Mark of the beast is those who worship on Sunday

"Sunday-keeping must be the mark of the beast." ... "The reception of his mark must be something that involves the greatest offense that can be committed against God." (The Marvel of Nations, Elder U. Smith pages 170, 183)

"Here we find the mark of the beast. The very act of changing the Sabbath into Sunday, on the part of the Catholic church, without any authority from the Bible." (Ellen G. White, The Mark of the Beast, page 23)

"The Sunday Sabbath is purely a child of the Papacy. It is the mark of the beast." (Advent Review, Vol. I, No. 2, August, 1850.)

"The change of the Sabbath is the sign or mark of the authority of the Romish church." ... "The keeping of the counterfeit Sabbath is the reception of the mark." (Ellen G. White, Great Controversy, Vol. 4, page 281.

"The mark of the beast is Sunday-keeping. A law will enforce this upon Seventh-day Adventists. They won't obey. Then they will be outlawed, persecuted, and condemned to death! Of all the wild Advent speculations in the prophecies, this deserves to stand among the wildest." (Seventh-day Adventism Renounced" by D.M. Canright, 1914)

"Sunday-keeping is an institution of the first beast, and ALL who submit to obey this institution emphatically worship the first beast and receive his mark, 'the mark of the beast.' .... Those who worship the beast and his image by observing the first day are certainly idolaters, as were the worshippers of the golden calf." (Advent Review Extra, pages 10 and 11, August, 1850)

"the Seventh day, Saturday, must be kept; that keeping Sunday is the mark of the beast; that all should pay tithes; that Mrs. White is inspired as were the writers of the Bible; that the Bible must be interpreted to harmonize with her writings" (Seventh-day Adventism Renounced" by D.M. Canright, 1914)

1/5/2014 10:43:46 PM What is the Seal of God?  

wayn49
Over 2,000 Posts (3,693)
Birmingham, AL
54, joined Feb. 2011

i tell you cash the only reason you are bringing up these topics because you are outraged because you think sdas are saying that sunday worshipers are hell bound. i am sick of hearing this. you made your point of how you feel about this now why dont you stop attacking the sabbath keepers. what kind of example are you setting? all you are trying to do is convince those here how wrong we are. examine yourself

1/6/2014 11:40:25 AM What is the Seal of God?  
mindya
Babylon
Iraq
63, joined Jan. 2009

Quote from wayn49:
i tell you cash the only reason you are bringing up these topics because you are outraged because you think sdas are saying that sunday worshipers are hell bound. i am sick of hearing this. you made your point of how you feel about this now why dont you stop attacking the sabbath keepers. what kind of example are you setting? all you are trying to do is convince those here how wrong we are. examine yourself

We are examining the doctrine Wayne, it's not how we "feel" about it - the seal of God is not the sabbath - it is a total contradiction of the gospel and is a made up doctrine to divide Christians - that's its only purpose.

1/6/2014 2:50:02 PM What is the Seal of God?  

a_nubian
Over 1,000 Posts (1,627)
Columbus, OH
52, joined Jan. 2011

Cash
*****Additional proof that the official doctrine of the Seventh-day Adventist churches is that the Mark of the beast is those who worship on Sunday

"Sunday-keeping must be the mark of the beast." ... "The reception of his mark must be something that involves the greatest offense that can be committed against God." (The Marvel of Nations, Elder U. Smith pages 170, 183)

This is what was left out in the aforementioned--Elder U. Smith’s (See Below)

It will be said again, Then all Sunday-keepers have the mark of the beast; then all the good of past ages who kept this day, had the mark of the beast; then Luther, Whitefield, the Wesleys, and all who have done a good and noble work of reformation, had the mark of the beast; then all the blessings that have been poured upon the reformed churches have been poured upon those who had the mark of the beast. We answer, No! And we are sorry to say that some professedly religious teachers, though many times corrected, persist in misrepresenting us on this point. We have never so held; we have never so taught. Our premises lead to no such conclusions. Give ear: {1887 UrS, MANA 184.1} 185

The mark and worship of the beast are enforced by the two-horned beast. The receiving of the mark of the beast is a specific act which the two-horned beast is to cause to be done. The third message of Rev. 14 is a warning mercifully sent out in advance to prepare the people for the coming danger. There can, therefore, be no worship of the beast, nor reception of his mark, such as is contemplated in the prophecy, till it is enforced by the two-horned beast. We have seen that intention was essential to the change which the papacy has made in the law of God, to constitute it the mark of that power. So intention is necessary in the adoption of that change to make it, on the part of any individual, the reception of that mark. In other words, a person must adopt the change knowing it to be the work of the beast, and receive it on the authority of that power, in opposition to the requirement of God. {1887 UrS, MANA 185.1}

Bold Inserted

"Here we find the mark of the beast. The very act of changing the Sabbath into Sunday, on the part of the Catholic church, without any authority from the Bible." (Ellen G. White, The Mark of the Beast, page 23)
From Great Controversy page 449

Cardinal James Gibbons, The Faith of Our Fathers (Ayers Publishing, 1978): 108:
But you may read the Bible from Genesis to Revelation, and you will not find a single line authorizing the sanctification of Sunday. The Scriptures enforce the religious observance of Saturday, a day which we never sanctify.

The Convert's Catechism of Catholic Doctrine (1957): 50:
Q. Which is the Sabbath day?
A. Saturday is the Sabbath day.
Q. Why Do we observe Sunday instead of Saturday?
A. We observe Sunday instead of Saturday because the Catholic Church transferred the solemnity from Saturday to Sunday.

Letter from C.F. Thomas, Chancellor of Cardinal Gibbons on October 28, 1895:
Of course the Catholic Church claims that the change was her act…And the act is a MARK of her ecclesiastical power and authority in religious matters.

The Catholic Mirror (September 23, 1893):
The Catholic Church, for over one thousand years before the existence of a Protestant, by virtue of her divine mission, changed the day from Saturday to Sunday...
The Adventists are the only body of Christians with the Bible as their teacher, who can find no warrant in its pages for the change of day from the seventh to the first. Hence their appellation, "Seventh-day Adventists."

An there are many more quotes.

The Catholic Church claims her authority to change the 'Sabbath'.
Adventist say there is no biblical authority for the change.

The editors of MaryOnline+ write this:
The challenge issued by Rome over 100 years ago remains: Either the Catholic Church is right, or the Seventh-day Adventists are right. There can be no other choice.

Cash you continue to make it out that the SDA teach if you keep Sunday you have the Mark of the Beast. And time after time I have shown you in our writings and more so in the bible, "And he causeth all, both small and great *, rich and poor *, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand *, or in their foreheads:" that this is a future event.

1/6/2014 5:29:56 PM What is the Seal of God?  
mindya
Babylon
Iraq
63, joined Jan. 2009

Quote from a_nubian:
Cash you continue to make it out that the SDA teach if you keep Sunday you have the Mark of the Beast. And time after time I have shown you in our writings and more so in the bible, "And he causeth all, both small and great *, rich and poor *, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand *, or in their foreheads:" that this is a future event.

It's not a future event as I have pointed out in numerous threads and posts - that said -

I've have never seen any doctrinal statement that supports that sunday is what causes "to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads". It's not in the bible yet the SDA have made this claim based on incredibly weak associations that are part of their imagination.

It is not founded on solid exegesis of the scripture.

There is no one mention at all in the whole book of revelation that can be stated as giving any clue that sunday worship is part of the "beast"/false prophet scenario let alone chapter 13 - this is all bogus Protestantism that the SDA have swallowed as part of justification for the reformation and based on vapour - eisegesis at it's worst.

You people read things into scripture that aren't there and the plain statements that are such as "shortly come to pass" and "the time is at hand" you ignore in favour of your false "doctrine"...

(Rev 13:4 KJV) And they worshiped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshiped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?

This clearly is Rome of the 1st Century AD with it's powerful armies.

1/6/2014 6:02:04 PM What is the Seal of God?  

casheyesblond
Belmont, NC
52, joined Feb. 2009

Quote from a_nubian:

There is nothing and I mean absolutely nothing about that Scripture you quoted or any other Scripture you have quoted that says anything about an enforced Sunday observance nor does it say/read that Sunday keeping will be the "mark of the Beast."

And yes,like I have explained several times over,Seventh-day Adventists teach that the near the end of time the "mark of the best" of Revelation 14 will be placed upon those who worship on Sunday instead of Saturday.

And as mindya has clearly pointed out several times over
quote from mindya:
It's not a future event as I have pointed out in numerous threads and posts - that said -

I've have never seen any doctrinal statement that supports that sunday is what causes "to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads". It's not in the bible yet the SDA have made this claim based on incredibly weak associations that are part of their imagination.

It is not founded on solid exegesis of the scripture.

There is no one mention at all in the whole book of revelation that can be stated as giving any clue that sunday worship is part of the "beast"/false prophet scenario let alone chapter 13
- this is all bogus Protestantism that the SDA have swallowed as part of justification for the reformation and based on vapour - eisegesis at it's worst.

You people read things into scripture that aren't there and the plain statements that are such as "shortly come to pass" and "the time is at hand" you ignore in favour of your false "doctrine"...

(Rev 13:4 KJV) And they worshiped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshiped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?

This clearly is Rome of the 1st Century AD with it's powerful armies.

1/6/2014 6:15:06 PM What is the Seal of God?  
mindya
Babylon
Iraq
63, joined Jan. 2009

Here is what John in revelation is speaking of and that happened in the 1st Century AD:

1/6/2014 6:27:10 PM What is the Seal of God?  

casheyesblond
Belmont, NC
52, joined Feb. 2009

Quote from wayn49:

Wayne if I recall correctly,I think you may have mentioned that you were 3rd generation SDA and I realize that from childhood,SDAs have been taught that they are God’s only true church on earth and that they are God’s remnant people. And you have also been taught that SDAs have the “truth” and all other Christians are wrong and are apostate.

This causes SDAs to have an attitude of spiritual arrogance and pride. They have a very difficult time receiving anything from a “Sunday Keeper”. This spiritual pride and arrogance generally leads to becoming defensive.

Instead of listening to what myself,mindya or anyone in this forum has to say, you will retreat into your doctrinal structure and hide for the most part and/or come to page being defensive.

Possibly deep down you are simply insecure in your beliefs,not to mention that SDAs have been taught that someday those who worship on Sunday will persecute them, hunt them and even kill them. This doesn’t help matters either.

Regardless of indoctrination,fear and paranoia that you have been subject to,Scripture will have final authority over here,not Ellen White's visions and teachings.

And that I will not apologize for.

1/6/2014 6:51:41 PM What is the Seal of God?  
mindya
Babylon
Iraq
63, joined Jan. 2009

Wayne - we'll let you know when it's safe to go out....

1/6/2014 9:32:24 PM What is the Seal of God?  
mindya
Babylon
Iraq
63, joined Jan. 2009

Quote from mindya:

Source:

1/7/2014 1:13:55 PM What is the Seal of God?  

a_nubian
Over 1,000 Posts (1,627)
Columbus, OH
52, joined Jan. 2011

Cash
There is nothing and I mean absolutely nothing about that Scripture you quoted or any other Scripture you have quoted that says anything about an enforced Sunday observance nor does it say/read that Sunday keeping will be the "mark of the Beast."

And yes,like I have explained several times over,Seventh-day Adventists teach that the near the end of time the "mark of the best" of Revelation 14 will be placed upon those who worship on Sunday instead of Saturday.

Yeah there is Scripture for it. You want an explicit statement. Revelation was written, cryptically, with symbology, analogies, and typology revealing the unfolding of literal events.

Revelation gives the an ongoing unfolding of events that will cultimate with Christ Second Coming and the end of sin and wickedness.

Revelation points out worship.
To receive the Mark of the Beast is based on worship.

Revelation 13:4 And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who [is] like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?

13 Revelation 13:8 And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

Revelation 13:12 And he exerciseth all the power of the first beast before him, and causeth the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed.

Revelation 13:15 And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.

Revelation 14 is about worship.
Revelation 14:7 Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters. Reflects 4TH Commandment Which is Very Explicit

Followed by Revelation 14:12 14:12 Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.
The standard; Keep the Commandments.

Revelation 14:9 And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive [his] mark in his forehead, or in his hand, A WARNING

Revelation 14:11 And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name. A CONSEQUENCE

Revelation did not end with 70 AD. Too many holes in that theology.
God would not have left His church in the dark. Christ said, "Lo I am with you even until the end of the world." For Christ also promised, "I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

The pretest theology is erroneous.

1/7/2014 1:23:35 PM What is the Seal of God?  

a_nubian
Over 1,000 Posts (1,627)
Columbus, OH
52, joined Jan. 2011

What is the Seal of God?
The Seal of God is the Holy Spirit.

How does one receive the Holy Spirit?
And we are his witnesses of these things; and so is also the Holy Ghost, whom God hath given to them that obey him.(Acts 5:32)

In Context:

5:29 Then Peter and the other apostles answered and said, We ought to obey God rather than men.
5:30 The God of our fathers raised up Jesus, whom ye slew and hanged on a tree.
5:31 Him hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.
5:32 And we are his witnesses of these things; and so is also the Holy Ghost, whom God hath given to them that obey him.
5:33 When they heard that, they were cut to the heart, and took counsel to slay them.

The answer has been given in this Thread.

1/7/2014 1:42:04 PM What is the Seal of God?  

casheyesblond
Belmont, NC
52, joined Feb. 2009

Quote from a_nubian:

Yeah there is Scripture for it.

No it is not there in the Scripture.You might as well be doing tarot card readings.Sda insert things into the Scripture to accommodate Ellen White's teachings.

Meanwhile,the topic of this thread is the seal of God.Myself and mindya have provided biblical proof that the seal of God is the Holy Spirit,not sabbath keeping.

[Edited 1/7/2014 1:42:30 PM ]

1/7/2014 2:18:33 PM What is the Seal of God?  

a_nubian
Over 1,000 Posts (1,627)
Columbus, OH
52, joined Jan. 2011

No it is not there in the Scripture.You might as well be doing tarot card readings.Sda insert things into the Scripture to accommodate Ellen White's teachings.

Meanwhile,the topic of this thread is the seal of God.Myself and mindya have provided biblical proof that the seal of God is the Holy Spirit,not sabbath keeping.

RE: Tarot Card readings. Not even.
The SDA church has and many continue to preach the Three Angels Message.

And I have provided Scripture as well. And my post before this addressed the issue of the Seal of God.

1/7/2014 2:25:29 PM What is the Seal of God?  
mindya
Babylon
Iraq
63, joined Jan. 2009

Quote from a_nubian:
What is the Seal of God?
The Seal of God is the Holy Spirit.

How does one receive the Holy Spirit?
And we are his witnesses of these things; and so is also the Holy Ghost, whom God hath given to them that obey him.(Acts 5:32)

In Context:

5:29 Then Peter and the other apostles answered and said, We ought to obey God rather than men.
5:30 The God of our fathers raised up Jesus, whom ye slew and hanged on a tree.
5:31 Him hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.
5:32 And we are his witnesses of these things; and so is also the Holy Ghost, whom God hath given to them that obey him.
5:33 When they heard that, they were cut to the heart, and took counsel to slay them.

The answer has been given in this Thread.

Not really, and you missed the reason for the above by omitting the preceding verse:

(Acts 5:28 KJV) Saying, Did not we straitly command you that ye should not teach in this name? and, behold, ye have filled Jerusalem with your doctrine, and intend to bring this man's blood upon us.

Saying, Did not we straitly command you that ye should not teach in this name?

Nothing to do with sabbath keeping at all at all. The people Peter was talking to were sabbath and torah observant Jews so that would not be the issue in this pericope of scripture.

Another grasping a straws.

1/7/2014 10:39:58 PM What is the Seal of God?  

casheyesblond
Belmont, NC
52, joined Feb. 2009

indeed mindya context is everything

1/8/2014 8:22:01 PM What is the Seal of God?  

wayn49
Over 2,000 Posts (3,693)
Birmingham, AL
54, joined Feb. 2011

cash i am not really a 3rd generation sda. my mom and aunt were not sda growing up. my aunt today is not sda. she more so goes to a baptist church. my mom went with her half brother to a meeting and excepted there belief. so i was only raised up as a sda

1/9/2014 10:49:17 PM What is the Seal of God?  

casheyesblond
Belmont, NC
52, joined Feb. 2009

Quote from wayn49:
cash i am not really a 3rd generation sda. my mom and aunt were not sda growing up. my aunt today is not sda. she more so goes to a baptist church. my mom went with her half brother to a meeting and excepted there belief. so i was only raised up as a sda

Hence the reason why I started my post off with,"Wayne if I recall correctly,I think you may have mentioned that you were 3rd generation SDA "

Thank you wayne for giving clarity to a previous post of yours I had read in the past.

1/9/2014 11:17:29 PM What is the Seal of God?  
mindya
Babylon
Iraq
63, joined Jan. 2009

Hence the reason why I started my post off with,"Wayne if I recall correctly,I think you may have mentioned that you were 3rd generation SDA "

Thank you wayne for giving clarity to a previous post of yours I had read in the past.

I thought he was 3rd Gen SDA as well - maybe it was Nubian who said that...

1/20/2014 1:12:36 AM What is the Seal of God?  
mindya
Babylon
Iraq
63, joined Jan. 2009

This is tooooooooooooooooooooooooo important a subject to leteth die..

What is the Seal of God?

By Robert K. Sanders

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2/2/2014 11:07:01 PM What is the Seal of God?  
mindya
Babylon
Iraq
63, joined Jan. 2009

Up for air