Select your best hookup:
Local
Gay
Asian
Latin
East Europe

megapersonals con

I think if a lot more people today asked themselves this query they d be far more prepared to in fact date. craigslist personals fayetteville arkansas You can get to know a totally websites of singles and take one hundred subsequent step web site actual face to face dates. But how numerous messages should you exchange before you ask her out? how to meet dantdm on omegle Our on the net magazine advises you how to create an appealing profile, provides tips on writing the initially message to somebody new and even assists you prepare for that all essential 1st date.

best website to hookup for free

Participants exchange names and get in touch with details through the two minutes so that they can connect with the individuals who appealed to them following the speed dating session. san luis obispo dating sites You won t discover this type of success, entertaining or excitement anyplace else. On line dating is also the source for financial and other scams that bring about emotional trauma. ultrasurf omegle Hello Everybody, I am working as affiliate marketer In dating Mainly and there is some of affiliate Network who have those provides.

Home  Sign In  Search  Date Ideas  Join  Forums  Groups

8/26/2007 11:19:47 AM Atheist Professor Challenged his Students  

munky_gurl
Penns Grove, NJ

"The professor of a university challenged his students with this question. "Did God create everything that exists?" A student answered bravely, "Yes, he did".
The professor then asked, "If God created everything, then he created evil. Since evil exists (as noticed by our own actions), so God is evil. The student couldn't respond to that statement causing the professor to conclude that he had "proved" that "belief in God" was a fairy tale, and therefore worthless.

Another student raised his hand and asked the professor, "May I pose a question? " "Of course" answered the professor. The young student stood up and asked : "Professor does Cold exists?" The professor answered, "What kind of question is that?...Of course the cold exists... haven't you ever been cold?" The young student answered, "In fact sir, Cold does not exist. According to the laws of Physics, what we consider cold, in fact is the absence of heat. Anything is able to be studied as long as it transmits energy (heat). Absolute Zero is the total absence of heat, but cold does not exist. What we have done is create a term to describe how we feel if we don't have body heat or we are not hot." "And, does Dark exist?", he continued. The professor answered "Of course". This time the student responded, "Again you're wrong, Sir. Darkness does not exist either. Darkness is in fact simply the absence of light. Light can be studied, darkness can not. Darkness cannot be broken down. A simple ray of light tears the darkness and illuminates the surface where the! light beam finishes. Dark is a term that we humans have created to describe what happens when there's lack of light." Finally, the student asked the professor, "Sir, does evil exist?" The professor replied, "Of course it exists, as I mentioned at the beginning, we see violations, crimes and violence anywhere in the world, and those things are evil."

The student responded, "Sir, Evil does not exist. Just as in the previous cases, Evil is a term which man has created to describe the result of the absence of God's presence in the hearts of man.

After this, the professor bowed down his head, and didn't answer back.

The young man's name was ALBERT EINSTEIN."

8/26/2007 11:23:52 AM Atheist Professor Challenged his Students  

4evr6y
Morgan, VT

point WELL taken

8/26/2007 11:27:14 AM Atheist Professor Challenged his Students  

jewelz5
Monteagle, TN

exactly

8/26/2007 3:42:37 PM Atheist Professor Challenged his Students  

starlightnight
Lebanon, KY

Good analogy, as long as one doesn't consider God to be omnipresent.

8/26/2007 3:44:30 PM Atheist Professor Challenged his Students  

jewelz5
Monteagle, TN

why is that?

8/26/2007 3:47:45 PM Atheist Professor Challenged his Students  

starlightnight
Lebanon, KY

If God is absent from the heart of man, there is one spatial realm (spiritual, psychic, or physical, whatever one believes) wherein God is not present.

8/26/2007 4:08:38 PM Atheist Professor Challenged his Students  

jewelz5
Monteagle, TN

as long as one doesn't consider God to be omnipresent.

This statement is a contradiction. An all powerful energy called God IS omnipresent. We are of like kind. We are it, as much as it is us. This energy called God, is everywhere at once, in all things. How could there be any absence? If this God consciousness is absent in one area, then it would follow that it is absent in all areas as you describe. Like ALBERT EINSTEIN was saying, this God force cannot be in two places at one time. It cannot occupy the space of good and evil at the same time. It is only in the mind of man. In other words... it either is, or it isn't and there is no in between. You are not 'almost' pregnant, you either are or you are not.

If God is absent from the heart of man, then God is absent. So what does that make him? Godless?

[Edited 8/26/2007 4:09:37 PM]

8/26/2007 4:24:53 PM Atheist Professor Challenged his Students  

starlightnight
Lebanon, KY

Jewelz, I agree with you, if by God, one is referring to Everything-That-Exists, it would not be possible for it to be absent. The analogy said that "evil is a term which man has created to describe the result of the absence of God's presence in the hearts of man." Thus ascribing an area 'in the heart of man,' wherein God could lack presence. So one of the terms in the analogy is inadequate: evil or God.

8/26/2007 4:39:14 PM Atheist Professor Challenged his Students  

sampowers420
Statesboro, GA

it's an urban legend. the "atheist professor" is used time and time again by people of faith in telling a story that never happened. Einstein didn't even believe in a personal god.

8/26/2007 4:43:53 PM Atheist Professor Challenged his Students  

4evr6y
Morgan, VT

if there is no place where God is not present....how does that relate to free will?

8/27/2007 6:47:05 AM Atheist Professor Challenged his Students  

9thstwonder
Chesapeake Beach, MD

sampowers is correct the "atheist profesor" is an urban legend used in many variations to promote christian beliefs. With the most recent one being with a soldier returned from the middle east war punching the profesor on behalf of god, because god is to busy protecting the troops over there. When I am sent that one I ususally send them a counter that keeps track of the number of troops dying over there to demonstrate how good of a job this god is doing protecting the troops. This specific urban myth is just another example of bending scientific principles, and terms, to suit the beleiver of a particular faith's veiw points with illogcial fallicies. He is also correct that Einstein did not believe in a personal god. Let me give you an actual and direct quote from him as opposed to an urban legend:

"It was, of course, a lie what you read about my religious convictions, a lie which is being systematically repeated. I do not believe in a personal God and I have never denied this but have expressed it clearly. If something is in me which can be called religious then it is the unbounded admiration for the structure of the world so far as our science can reveal it." From a letter Einstein wrote in English, dated 24 March 1954.

[Edited 8/27/2007 6:51:30 AM]

8/27/2007 1:02:00 PM Atheist Professor Challenged his Students  

swcw25
Woonsocket, RI

If im not mistaken the recent urban legend ends w/ the soldier saying ,God is busy,so He sent "me". I once heard an urban legend,where a man dies and goes to Heaven,there he asks God...My people have been in such a terrible state for so long,why did You not try to help us? God replied...I did,I sent "you"!

Many people know urban legends for what they are and can distinguish and weed out the humor and horror and find the "true" meanings of them! Peace

8/28/2007 4:51:29 AM Atheist Professor Challenged his Students  

munky_gurl
Penns Grove, NJ

Ding ding ding... we have a few winners now. Good job all who took the time to research. Sam got his crackers first. Extra points for any others for being able to look past it's fakeness to see a positive point, but it's still a made-up story. Minus 1 point to 9thstwonder for that troop comment cause my sweetie is over there in Baghdad along with many many friends, and as of today they are all safe and sound. So I KNOW God is protecting all of them through it.

Okay on to my POV about this Einstein mess. I posted it to prove a point to my fellow Christians. Start asking questions! Don't just believe everything you hear, because from what I have read in these posts since the beginning, a lot of you on here lack love and compassion for others and it's a shame.

Okay LMBO, you can stop sending me love mail. First of all Einsteins, Albert Einstein didn’t even believe in God, so why would he make such claims? That story was indeed fake. It’s just something spread around by religious people to make themselves feel better by blaming evil on the lack of God and thus brainwashing people into their respective religions. We shouldn't try to scare people into religion or make fun of others who don't believe in God. They are not evil. If you believe in God, than you believe in his omnipresence true. So, um, why would you believe God to be lacking anywhere, even where evil exists? Read your Bibles. God has definitely been around a lot of it. Maybe not the actual evil itself, but definitely around to help warn us about it for example.

So back to the story, so obviously made by a religious fanatic it’s funny. Look how evil they made the professor. Poor dude. First of all I actually have an atheist professor, and he is far from being evil, lol. This story is funny. First they make the professor the bad guy who hates other beliefs and his sole purpose is to discredit God. Then, they build up the story with a student who first fails. So that it’s all more triumphant when the second student (making him to be Albert Einstein, lol) “succeeds” and makes the poor evil professor keep his mouth shut. What a mess! Is it fun to make fun of other people’s beliefs?

Well, considering how none of my non-believing friends were offended by this enough to send me hate mail, but I’m almost positive I’ll get hate mail from some of my fellow believer friends from this one... I can say that yes that kind of religious people's belief system is funny to me. Yet, before you do (if you know me, you’ll know my beliefs & why I posted this) keep in mind that I don’t believe what I believe because of what other people tell me. I believe what I believe because of my own research and own personal experiences. I am a follower of Jesus, I look up to him, not today's religions.

So, anyway, yes there is evil in the world, but it is not for lack of good or lack of God if you will. It is for lack of people’s willingness to love.

I don’t have selective love to give like some so-called Christians I’ve encountered along the way. You want to stop evil? Stop attacking non-believers and show them the love just as much as you would believers. I don’t believe that some people are too unreachable to love. People are people like you and me.

So, stop criticizing me because I talk to gay DHU people as much as I do straight DHU people. Stop criticizing me if I have atheist DHU friends as much as I have God- believing DHU friends. Stop criticizing me if you see me talking to drunk people, high people, "crack fiends", "pimps", or "hos" on here as I do other “normal” people, because news flash ya'll: I LOVE EVERYBODY!!!!

Yes, I love everybody and will always continue to do my best to HELP everybody!!! Even if it means helping all those you call “evil” because they don't think the same way you do… and stop saying I’M evil just because I have an open mind, and a sense of humor.

You wanna get rid of evil? Don't blame God for not being present... or flip a coin, for being present and not doing anything about it... simply spread the love to EVERYbody and not just those who agree with you.

After all isn’t that would Jesus would do?

Much love,

♥ SYL ♥

8/28/2007 5:01:34 AM Atheist Professor Challenged his Students  

ironranger
Owatonna, MN

im feeling that munky....... thanks for the post.

8/28/2007 5:47:29 AM Atheist Professor Challenged his Students  

9thstwonder
Chesapeake Beach, MD

Thanks for the love Munky, but, minus 1? ouch! My comments were not meant as a personal attack, nor disrespect for our troops fighting over there, I hope it was not taken that way on your part. You mention, in regard to your sweety, and his fellow soldiers, "as of today" they are fine, so, you "know" your god is protecting them. Is it my understanding then, if something should happen to them tomorrow, then you would "know" this same god was not protecting them? It is extremely tragic, but, as I write, people are dying over there. Why weren't they being 'protected'? As you can imagine, I get a lot of e-mails from well wishing members of various faiths. The urban legend with the athiest profesor and the soldier from Iraq, I found particularly offensive. Which is why I sent them a counter (www.fixiraq.com) showing them the number of troops dying over there, as another view point to their claim that some god is protecting them. As of right now 3,732 deaths.

I don't know that I will ever understand this double standard "can't lose" idealogy. If something occurs that a person of faith is happy with, things like this are said : "Thank god this (fill in the blank) happened". If the exact opposite of what a person of faith, wants to happen, happens... then things like: "It was god's will that (fill in the blank) happened". As I said, a can't lose idealogy. This is a very convenient solution for people of faith and their god. If one is going to subscribe to the 'god's will' idea, then why not do so at the outset, and simply submit to the will of this god? It would seem to me, that this would lead to a more happier peaceful existance, as opposed to putting personal wants and needs before a god.

In any regard, I wish peace, happiness and love for you as well as the safe return of your loved one.

Page: 1, 2