Select your best hookup:
Local
Gay
Asian
Latin
East Europe

best hookup bars near me

These added characteristics indicate a far better possibility at achievement. craigslist personals victoria bc There are some dating apps out there that can assistance this process along. Loosid is a dating app, but it provides neighborhood assistance and platonic connections as effectively. best dating app for hooking up in mumbai There are a couple of points to look out for when you very first begin messaging someone, which need to give you a good indication of regardless of whether or not they re genuine.

skipthegames apps

Just after having his bachelor s degree in Politics and International Relations at the University of Manchester, he returned household and graduated from Vilnius University with a master s degree in Comparative Politics. costa mesa classifieds How they answer reveals their capability to overcome conflict and challenges, says Berzack. That mentioned, I ve never ever met a single person who basically uses the app. radioactive speed dating lab answers This dilemma extrapolates to buddies, although in a milder way.

Home  Sign In  Search  Date Ideas  Join  Forums  Groups

8/10/2008 3:59:26 PM A true story about learning and disinformation.  

captpappy
Morgan City, LA

Let me tell you a true story that happened in my life. You can take it for what it's worth and apply it biblically how ever you see fit.

My early artistic career led me to a theme park in Virginia, where I worked in the art department helping to create the “animatronic” characters around the park, and I became very interested in electronics. Although my career changed several times in the following 10 years, my interest in electronics only intensified.

I spent 10 years reading text books and publications on the subject and spent a good number of hours at my test bench “playing” with electronic components and circuits (didn't help my first marriage at all). I basically taught myself the technology of electronics by reading the text books on the subject.

However when I made the decision to switch (yet again) my career path I found it extremely difficult to break into it because I had no “formal” training. Ten years of total dedication to learning all I could made no difference to the District managers of Honeywell, Raytheon or even ADT and was told by the Honeywell people to join the military, - get the military training and they would hire me in six years.

I joined the Navy at 31.

Because I already had 90% of the knowledge the military would try to teach me there were many times I would question and dispute what was being taught in the Navy electronics school – to the point that in the 12 months I was in the school I gained a reputation that the instructors dreaded my presence in their class. I made it a point to only dispute those facts I absolutely knew to be wrong as taught by the Navy instructors, so basically, my disputes were always proven to be correct.

One particular instructor was teaching the class what I termed a “misguided fact”. It was something I knew to be false and had dealt with the subject at my test bench only days before. (not to mention that it was something I had learned when I first started studying electronics) I raised my hand and disputed the instructor's information.

An argument followed. The instructor's argument was, “this is what the Navy teaches – this is what I learned and this is what I will teach.” Understand that the Navy teaches a sailor who then goes out into the fleet for 4 or 5 years and returns to teach the next generation of sailors. These instructors are not college professors and engineers.

My point was, “if any of these students wish to take this (dis)information out into the real world and take electronics as their career, they will have problems because they will be basing their knowledge and work on these mistaken and incorrect facts!”

To finish this story – I was taken to see the officer in charge of the electronics school by this instructor. After formally complaining to the Lieutenant Commander, my instructor was told to return to his class and that Petty Officer K'would be “handled”.

Here's the conversation:

“Petty Officer K, what are you arguing about with your instructor?”

“Sir, this instructor is teaching that ... “ (I explained the “mis-fact”)

“... and you know this fact to be in error?”

“Yes sir I do, and I can build a circuit to prove it's inaccuracy and have it here by tomorrow if I need to to prove that I am correct”

“No ... no ... that won't be necessary, you are absolutely correct!” Needless to say I was astounded at this statement. I think he understood my bewilderment and continued, “You see, these kids will never encounter this out in the fleet. This fact only pertains to those that would work on the component level so it won't effect these students performance in the fleet.”

“The problem, Petty Officer K', is that each generation of instructors teaches the previous generation's understanding (and misunderstanding). If what was taught to them was 98% accurate, and they themselves misunderstood another 2% of the information, the next generation receives information that is only 96% accurate.”

“Eventually the inaccuracies become so great that the curriculum has to be corrected and rewritten so we can start back at 100%.”

It is only someone like yourself that has learned on your own out a love for the technology that comes along once in a while and realizes and attempts to point out that what we teach is not entirely true”.

---------------------------------------------
Can this be the case with other knowledge, as well?

If one only accepts the word of their instructors and teachers, they may never know if what they have learned is 100% accurate, unless they seek the information in the book that deals with that subject, for themselves.

Just recently I heard a woman defend a particular misunderstanding in her Christian belief, saying that her preacher says ...

When asked if she read the Bible and if so, where does it say what she was defending, she responded that, no, she did not read the Bible, could not point out the versewhere it said ... because she didn't see the need to learn verses as she depended entirely on what her preacher told her.

Think about what you believe and from where you came by those beliefs. Do you know where in the Bible to point to back up what you believe.

This is not to say those teaching misinformation are doing it maliciously, they are simply teaching the 2% misunderstanding they were taught. But in the case of the Bible a simple misunderstanding of the information CAN effect your total understanding of Christ and open the door to further misunderstanding.

Read it for yourself, over and over and over again and pray each time you open the Book that God will help you to further your understanding. This is one prayer God always answers “Yes!” to those sincerely seeking understanding.

Be warned not to base the very foundation of what you believe on what someone else said. In this case it doesn't mean you may not be able to fix some complicated piece of military equipment; it may mean your very salvation!

[Edited 8/10/2008 4:17:37 PM]

8/10/2008 4:28:41 PM A true story about learning and disinformation.  

captpappy
Morgan City, LA

I would go one further step and say that this also pertains to all arguments. It is unfair and unwise to take either side based on what one side says about the other. A true opinion can only be formed if one knows (reads) the words straight from each side and forms an opinion on their own.

Quoting someone, quoting (or perhaps mis-quoting) someone else is not a very good basis for your own arguments.

8/10/2008 5:30:01 PM A true story about learning and disinformation.  

shezakeepher
Columbia, SC

I have worked as computer workstation support as well as other area's of networking, software and phone support. My boss had a question or motto and we were to apply it ....

"How do you KNOW that you know?"

If I told him something would or would not work I had to be able to tell him how I knew. Now that I teach new techs I ask the same of them.

In my Christian walk, I'm "challenged" to recall my Biblical knowledge/facts as to how it is that I know. But also as a Christian there are some things that are spiritually known. But even if I have something that has happened to me spiritually I look to the Bible to find where something like that has happened to help me mentally accept what in my heart I feel.

Peace ~

8/10/2008 5:31:09 PM A true story about learning and disinformation.  

llfuzzball
Denver, CO

8/10/2008 5:38:22 PM A true story about learning and disinformation.  

sun_shine51
Shreveport, LA

God Bless you.

8/10/2008 9:01:27 PM A true story about learning and disinformation.  

captpappy
Morgan City, LA

Shezakeepher; What an excellent motto, ... for all things in life.

In a herd of sheep, if one decides to jump over an imagined hurtle, all the sheep that follow will jump the same imagined hurtle, believing that the first sheep must have known what he was doing. (I suppose. I really don't know what goes through the mind of a sheep, but this is definitely a sheep thing to do

I myself do not relish the thought of being a sheep following other sheep blindly, and would prefer to look to the master for guidance.

As you say, even when this guidance comes in the form of spiritual knowledge, I still look to the Bible to confirm where this knowledge came from.

Arguments are far more convincing if the one arguing is convinced of the answers himself, through his own search for that answer.

[Edited 8/10/2008 9:13:54 PM]

8/11/2008 7:47:02 AM A true story about learning and disinformation.  

knightnyte2
Spring, TX

capt, I believe if we indeed, pay attention to conversation, we find things such as this every single day of our lives.

We see the candidates running for the Presidency of the United States error in speeches, countering what they've said previously. We are only human. I see quotes from the Bible being used to make different points. Certainly, there are times when that is correct as well, but other times, the scriptures are twisted so far out there, it just amazes me.

A warning to all Christians is to enjoy the messages they get on Sunday mornings, but quit being Sunday morning Christians. All the answers you will ever need is right in your Bible. I'm sure most of us older folks, remember the old 'fire and brimstone' preachers, and not much of the hell and damnation sermons were accurate. But, it was what was taught to them in the seminaries.

Today, for a mere $39.95, anyone can become an ordained minister over the net. Not a single qualification other than having the credit card clear for the $39.95. I wonder where John the Baptist had his certificate hung. Organized religion have created venues for our pastors to pass in order to teach the denominational sermons we listen to. Being an ordained minister doesn't guarantee a ticket to heaven. Being in the Word does. God wants us to read, to study, to pray.

Daily devotions from all sources are pleasant reading, but one must also watch how they use the word. The best devotional is God's Word, right out of the Bible. He'll never let you down.

8/11/2008 12:31:01 PM A true story about learning and disinformation.  

captpappy
Morgan City, LA

Knight, I don't say it often for fear of using it vainly.

But

Amen to your post!

8/11/2008 12:46:56 PM A true story about learning and disinformation.  
againstthewind
Christiansburg, VA

Thanks Captpappy. I loved that teaching. I always look forward to what you have to say. God Bless

9/5/2008 7:25:53 AM A true story about learning and disinformation.  

royr1
Saltillo, MS

That shows any teacher must be sure that what they are teaching is accurate and that they should be open to the possibility of being wrong.

This is one thing that the pastor of my church has mentioned that he really concerned about. That is why he has a group of men in our church that he meets with so that he can be accountable to them. He also strongly emphasises context. That is why everyone, those who teach and those who don't need to be sure that what they are teaching is correct. The problem is that no matter how hard someone is carefull to teach what is right, sometimes they will still teach something incorrectly. If a teacher is confronted with teaching something wrong and listens snd goes back to check his or her facts enen if they disagree about being wrong then, it is most likly that that person msde a mistake and believes that he or she is right. Those who don't even listen may not be truly teaching but, just telling what they think.

9/5/2008 10:05:36 AM A true story about learning and disinformation.  
swdove
Simms, MT

Cap,this as been a very up beat learning, and the in put by others excellent as well. Thanks to you all