Select your best hookup:
Local
Gay
Asian
Latin
East Europe

magepersonal

Beam in guilt and overbearing mother syndrome. st augustine hook up When Ellen Mayer, a former Curious City intern, created an OKCupid profile in 2017, she mentioned she was just searching for some thing casual. Or you May possibly submit your before the @ event and if IT makes us laugh we will read it on the show, share it on our Instagram and IT could even make it the next volume of our book or online beneath kind of animation. san diego locanto I texted this girl asking if she felt any greater and she stated no, in reality she was feeling a lot worse.

listcrawler app

Whether or not or not you will come across really like is anyone s guess, but there s a possibility you ll spot an individual semifamous if you swipe extended sufficient. singles in kissimmee fl And if you are open to the concept of dating that individual and that individual is open to the notion of dating you, then it really is a completed deal. About a month later, we stated our initially I like yous. omegle trolling pics As the two ideal good friends argued, they decided to try it out given that Natasha had not had any luck getting any dates on her personal.

Home  Sign In  Search  Date Ideas  Join  Forums  Singles Groups  - 100% FREE Online Dating, Join Now!

11/29/2014 9:44:21 AM  
gallaktion
Laguna Niguel, CA
43, joined Jan. 2014

Today Christmas became the most celebrated holiday here in the last days America. It seems this is a Holy Day that celebrates our Lord's Birthday on Dec 25 and in Orthodox Church countries like Greece, Russia, and others on Jan 7. Now is the question, where in the KJV Bible the date of Christ's birth ? Means exact date Dec 25 or Jan 7 ? Now, where these heroes as Santa Claus and Christmas Tree with toys in the Holy Bible ? The learned Truth is, Christmas was adopted from pagan holiday of the Roman Empire ! Christmas Tree that is decorated came from Roman holiday worshiping and honoring agricultural Roman god named Saturn. These paganism was adopted by the Great Wh*re the Catholic church and her antichrists the popes who love to rape little underage boys. Santa Claus, this imaginary fat bearded old man in red, was made out of St Nickolaus of the early church. This imaginary funny old man became idol for many. Surely we can now say-Santa Claus will take you to Hell ! or Satan Claus
We got to be vigilant, Satan is far too smart to lure many to his lies, in hope to take your souls to Hell. Also, protect your kids from this Santa weirdo in shopping malls. There were molesting cases.

Meet singles at DateHookup.dating, we're 100% free! Join now!

DateHookup.dating - 100% Free Personals

12/4/2014 1:54:12 AM Laguna Niguel, CA  

furchizedek
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (17,868)
Kingman, AZ
72, joined Sep. 2010

The Urantia Book says that Jesus' true birthday was on August 21, 7 BC. Isn't that nice?

Quote from gallaktion:
Today Christmas became the most celebrated holiday here in the last days America. It seems this is a Holy Day that celebrates our Lord's Birthday on Dec 25 and in Orthodox Church countries like Greece, Russia, and others on Jan 7. Now is the question, where in the KJV Bible the date of Christ's birth ? Means exact date Dec 25 or Jan 7 ? Now, where these heroes as Santa Claus and Christmas Tree with toys in the Holy Bible ? The learned Truth is, Christmas was adopted from pagan holiday of the Roman Empire ! Christmas Tree that is decorated came from Roman holiday worshiping and honoring agricultural Roman god named Saturn. These paganism was adopted by the Great Wh*re the Catholic church and her antichrists the popes who love to rape little underage boys. Santa Claus, this imaginary fat bearded old man in red, was made out of St Nickolaus of the early church. This imaginary funny old man became idol for many. Surely we can now say-Santa Claus will take you to Hell ! or Satan Claus
We got to be vigilant, Satan is far too smart to lure many to his lies, in hope to take your souls to Hell. Also, protect your kids from this Santa weirdo in shopping malls. There were molesting cases.

12/4/2014 6:30:46 AM Laguna Niguel, CA  

wayn49
Over 2,000 Posts (3,098)
Birmingham, AL
53, joined Feb. 2011

Quote from furchizedek:
The Urantia Book says that Jesus' true birthday was on August 21, 7 BC. Isn't that nice?

Quote from gallaktion:

that date you so claim came from the urantia book not bible, is that a real date in history or just a man made doctrine? and yes christmas is not all what it appears to be. if you take the word santa and mix the words around you have satan. and why does santa wear a red suit? i do celebrate this only for Jesus birth and i decorate some but not just for presents and shopping. so far this year i have not put no tree up or any decorations yet. usually i do after thanksgiving. but this year its not the same for some reason. but glory to God for Jesus

12/4/2014 8:25:59 AM Laguna Niguel, CA  

rufftreasure
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (12,320)
Waldron, AR
60, joined Jun. 2014

Quote from wayn49:
that date you so claim came from the urantia book not bible, is that a real date in history or just a man made doctrine? and yes christmas is not all what it appears to be. if you take the word santa and mix the words around you have satan. and why does santa wear a red suit? i do celebrate this only for Jesus birth and i decorate some but not just for presents and shopping. so far this year i have not put no tree up or any decorations yet. usually i do after thanksgiving. but this year its not the same for some reason. but glory to God for Jesus

Too bad you can only speculate the birth of Jesus too.
Too bad the same could be said about your thinking as you claim the date is false and man made doctrine.
The one pointing fingers at Furch, and his information, should really do more research into his claims.
OP should do more research, too, he's kinda off the beam IMO, about nearly everything he posts

12/4/2014 9:00:22 AM Laguna Niguel, CA  

wayn49
Over 2,000 Posts (3,098)
Birmingham, AL
53, joined Feb. 2011

Quote from rufftreasure:
Too bad the same could be said about your thinking as you claim the date is false and man made doctrine.
The one pointing fingers at Furch, and his information, should really do more research into his claims.
OP should do more research, too, he's kinda off the beam IMO, about nearly everything he posts

you know what yea yea yea whatever

12/4/2014 9:07:50 AM Laguna Niguel, CA  

olderthandirt20
Over 2,000 Posts (3,145)
Waldron, AR
68, joined Jul. 2014

Quote from rufftreasure:

Yeah it's funny people don't mind scrutinizing other peoples information for errors but never question their own info sources even when it's readily available in their bible.

12/4/2014 9:59:53 AM Laguna Niguel, CA  

ludlowlowell
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (16,590)
Panama City, FL
62, joined Feb. 2008

Christmas is Jesus' birthday! How do you expect His followers NOT to celebrate such a happy day?

If we can celebrate Washington's birthday, Lincoln's birthday, Martin Luther King's birthday, and Elvis Presley's birthday, why can't we celebrate Jesus' birthday?

Yes, Christmas is over-commercialized. No, we don't know the exact day He was born. Yes, some of the customs associated with it have pagan origins. But that's not reason enough to abolish Christmas.

12/4/2014 10:03:03 AM Laguna Niguel, CA  

wayn49
Over 2,000 Posts (3,098)
Birmingham, AL
53, joined Feb. 2011

Quote from ludlowlowell:
Christmas is Jesus' birthday! How do you expect His followers NOT to celebrate such a happy day?

If we can celebrate Washington's birthday, Lincoln's birthday, Martin Luther King's birthday, and Elvis Presley's birthday, why can't we celebrate Jesus' birthday?

Yes, Christmas is over-commercialized. No, we don't know the exact day He was born. Yes, some of the customs associated with it have pagan origins. But that's not reason enough to abolish Christmas.

i agree God looks at the heart of the matter

12/4/2014 11:53:23 AM Laguna Niguel, CA  

olderthandirt20
Over 2,000 Posts (3,145)
Waldron, AR
68, joined Jul. 2014

Quote from ludlowlowell:

http://www.ucg.org/bible-faq/when-was-jesus-christ-born-was-jesus-born-december-25-christmas-day

When was Jesus Christ born? Was Jesus born on December 25 - Christmas Day?
History shows that December 25 was popularized as the date for Christmas, not because Christ was born on that day, but because it was already popular in pagan religious celebrations as the birthday of the sun. But could December 25 be the date of Christ's birth?

Answer:
When was Jesus Christ born? Was Jesus born on December 25 - Christmas Day?
Source: Photos.com
"Lacking any scriptural pointers to Jesus's birthday, early Christian teachers suggested dates all over the calendar. Clement...picked November 18. Hippolytus...figured Christ must have been born on a Wednesday...An anonymous document[,] believed to have been written in North Africa around A.D. 243, placed Jesus's birth on March 28" (Joseph L. Sheler, U.S. News & World Report , "In Search of Christmas," Dec. 23, 1996, p. 58).
A careful analysis of Scripture, however, clearly indicates that December 25 couldn't be the date for Christ's birth. Here are two primary reasons:
First, we know that shepherds were in the fields watching their flocks at the time of Jesus' birth (Luke:2:7-8

). Shepherds were not in the fields during December. According to Celebrations: The Complete Book of American Holidays , Luke's account "suggests that Jesus may have been born in summer or early fall. Since December is cold and rainy in Judea, it is likely the shepherds would have sought shelter for their flocks at night" (p. 309).

12/4/2014 2:44:56 PM Laguna Niguel, CA  

furchizedek
Kingman, AZ
72, joined Sep. 2010

Quote from wayn49:
that date you so claim came from the urantia book not bible,

It's not The Urantia Book's fault that the bible doesn't have that information. The bible's information is sparse in a lot of things. 18 years of Jesus' life is missing in the bible.

is that a real date in history or just a man made doctrine?

Yes, it's a real date and I'll take the time to tell you about it, below. Nevertheless, everything you believe and everything I believe are matters of faith.

and yes christmas is not all what it appears to be. if you take the word santa and mix the words around you have satan. and why does santa wear a red suit? i do celebrate this only for Jesus birth and i decorate some but not just for presents and shopping. so far this year i have not put no tree up or any decorations yet. usually i do after thanksgiving. but this year its not the same for some reason. but glory to God for Jesus

Understood. And I know that "Santa" spells "Satan" rearranged. But this is not my thread. Perhaps the OP will be interested in that.

OK, in the bible we read:

Gen_6:4 There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.

Do you know anything about these "sons of God [who] came in unto the daughters of men"? They were celestial associates of the Devil who had been given corporeal bodies, flesh bodies. They mated with humans. This was pre-Adam and Eve, long before Adam and Eve. They gave rise to the Nodites or "Nephilim, "the mighty men which were of old, men of renown." The Nodites, descendants of "Nod," were around when Cain went to find himself a wife.

Gen 4:16 And Cain went out from the presence of the LORD, and dwelt in the land of Nod, on the east of Eden.
Gen 4:17 And Cain knew his wife; and she conceived, and bare Enoch: and he builded a city, and called the name of the city, after the name of his son, Enoch.

So anyway, some time after Adam and Eve, a pure line descendant of Adam and Eve met up with a pure line female descendant of the mating of the "sons of God [who] came in unto the daughters of men" (a Nodite or Nephilim woman) and from that union came what The Urantia Book calls "midwayers." Because the Nephilim and the pure line descendant of Adam and Eve both had celestial origins, the "midwayers" were procreated by some combination of human and celestial genetic mixing. Midwayers are invisible beings, not quite angels and not quite material as we are. They are somewhere in between, thus, "midway." There are 1,111 loyal (after the Lucifer Rebellion) midwayers on earth doing God's work. They can manipulate physical things, unlike angels who are not material enough to do so. A midwayer moved the stone from in front of Jesus' tomb. The "midwayers" have been on earth for 35,000 years or so since their initial creation. (Adam and Eve, by the way, were here 38,000 years ago for about 100 years.) The midwayers are actually the permanent residents of the planet while we mortal humans come and go. They keep perfect records. They say: 122:8.1 "...at noon, August 21, 7 B.C., with the help and kind ministrations of women fellow travelers, Mary was delivered of a male child. Jesus of Nazareth was born into the world, was wrapped in the clothes which Mary had brought along for such a possible contingency, and laid in a near-by manger. 122:8.2 In just the same manner as all babies before that day and since have come into the world, the promised child was born; and on the eighth day, according to the Jewish practice, he was circumcised and formally named Joshua (Jesus)."

The midwayers were faithful witnesses to everything in Jesus' life.

Some of these things are nothing you know anything about, and the only place to find out about them is The Urantia Book, which claims to be a new revelation of these things to our world, from God's government. Not only the above, but much, much more.

The Urantia Book also, as I may have told you before, has an SDA connection.

12/4/2014 2:47:33 PM Laguna Niguel, CA  

furchizedek
Kingman, AZ
72, joined Sep. 2010

Quote from ludlowlowell:

Yes, Christmas is over-commercialized. No, we don't know the exact day He was born.

Yes, we do know. Loyal agents of God, on earth, recorded the date for us. August 21, 7 BC. I'm sorry your church got left out of the know but the universe does not revolve around your church.

12/4/2014 3:44:49 PM Laguna Niguel, CA  

ludlowlowell
Panama City, FL
62, joined Feb. 2008

Why should I believe the racist Urantia Book's date?

12/4/2014 4:16:39 PM Laguna Niguel, CA  

olderthandirt20
Over 2,000 Posts (3,145)
Waldron, AR
68, joined Jul. 2014

Quote from ludlowlowell:

Well furch and I don't agree much but he is right in this case did you read my quote lud?
It came from a christian web site from christian researchers.
Just go to this site and judge for yourself.
http://www.ucg.org/bible-faq/when-was-jesus-christ-born-was-jesus-born-december-25-christmas-day

12/4/2014 5:57:55 PM Laguna Niguel, CA  

furchizedek
Kingman, AZ
72, joined Sep. 2010

Quote from ludlowlowell:

New Book On Irish Priests Reveals Struggles With Celibacy, Trips To Gay Clubs
The Huffington Post | By Antonia Blumberg

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/12/03/ireland-priests-gay-clubs_n_6261188.html

When sociologist and former seminarian Dr. John Weafer started looking for studies on the personal lives of Catholic priests there were only a few. Those that did exist only began to approach what the researcher imagined was a much richer and more complex story beneath the surface.

Weafer took matters into his own hands by embarking on an in-depth study on Irish priests, using contacts he had from his seminary days nearly 30 years ago. The resulting book, "Thirty-Three Good Men: Celibacy, Obedience and Identity," explores the personal lives of a range of priests, often going into what Weafer called "graphic detail" about romantic relationships, abuse allegations and daily struggles with clerical life.

Among the stories is one about "Fr L," who was ordained in the 1990s and later ended up sleeping with another priest.

"Although we both vowed it would never happen again, it did and I was really very confused," he said in the book.

Fr L went on to discover a "clerical gay scene in Ireland," saying he believed there were "quite a lot of gay guys in the priesthood" and during one visit to a gay bar in Dublin recognized at least nine priests in the venue.

12/4/2014 6:11:17 PM Laguna Niguel, CA  

stanleyzee
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (26,742)
Dayton, OH
31, joined Dec. 2012

12/4/2014 8:20:27 PM Laguna Niguel, CA  

mighty_evil
Aynor, SC
42, joined May. 2014

The buybull says jesus was born during harvest thats way before xmas and way after January.

12/4/2014 8:59:08 PM Laguna Niguel, CA  
mrhankchinaski
Over 2,000 Posts (3,631)
Aurora, CO
54, joined Aug. 2014

OP sounds like another miserable bastard who is just too cheap to by christmas presents for his friends and family.

12/4/2014 9:02:16 PM Laguna Niguel, CA  

mighty_evil
Aynor, SC
42, joined May. 2014

Is the op the don't eat out on sundays guy?

12/4/2014 9:04:31 PM Laguna Niguel, CA  
mrhankchinaski
Over 2,000 Posts (3,631)
Aurora, CO
54, joined Aug. 2014

Yeah he sounds like that cheap bastard.

12/5/2014 7:30:08 AM Laguna Niguel, CA  

olderthandirt20
Over 2,000 Posts (3,145)
Waldron, AR
68, joined Jul. 2014

Quote from mighty_evil:
Is the op the don't eat out on sundays guy?

No but they have the same mentality

12/5/2014 8:50:40 PM Laguna Niguel, CA  

duchessa
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (37,780)
Yonkers, NY
62, joined Aug. 2008

Christmas' Pagan Origins

Few people realize that the origins of Christmas was pagan & celebrated in Europe long before anyone there had heard of Jesus Christ.

No one knows what day Jesus Christ was born on. From the biblical description, most historians believe that his birth probably occurred in September, approximately six months after Passover. One thing they agree on is that it is very unlikely that Jesus was born in December, since the bible records shepherds tending their sheep in the fields on that night. This is quite unlikely to have happened during a cold Judean winter. So why do we celebrate Christ's birthday as Christmas, on December the 25th?

The answer lies in the pagan origins of Christmas. In ancient Babylon, the feast of the Son of Isis (Goddess of Nature) was celebrated on December 25. Raucous partying, gluttonous eating and drinking, and gift-giving were traditions of this feast.

In Rome, the Winter Solstice was celebrated many years before the birth of Christ. The Romans called their winter holiday Saturnalia, honoring Saturn, the God of Agriculture. In January, they observed the Kalends of January, which represented the triumph of life over death. This whole season was called Dies Natalis Invicti Solis, the Birthday of the Unconquered Sun. The festival season was marked by much merrymaking. It is in ancient Rome that the tradition of the Mummers was born. The Mummers were groups of costumed singers and dancers who traveled from house to house entertaining their neighbors. From this, the Christmas tradition of caroling was born.

In northern Europe, many other traditions that we now consider part of Christian worship were begun long before the participants had ever heard of Christ. The pagans of northern Europe celebrated the their own winter solstice, known as Yule. Yule was symbolic of the pagan Sun God, Mithras, being born, and was observed on the shortest day of the year. As the Sun God grew and matured, the days became longer and warmer. It was customary to light a candle to encourage Mithras, and the sun, to reappear next year.

Huge Yule logs were burned in honor of the sun. The word Yule itself means "wheel," the wheel being a pagan symbol for the sun. Mistletoe was considered a sacred plant, and the custom of kissing under the mistletoe began as a fertility ritual. Hollyberries were thought to be a food of the gods.

The tree is the one symbol that unites almost all the northern European winter solstices. Live evergreen trees were often brought into homes during the harsh winters as a reminder to inhabitants that soon their crops would grow again. Evergreen boughs were sometimes carried as totems of good luck and were often present at weddings, representing fertility. The Druids used the tree as a religious symbol, holding their sacred ceremonies while surrounding and worshipping huge trees.

In 350, Pope Julius I declared that Christ's birth would be celebrated on December 25. There is little doubt that he was trying to make it as painless as possible for pagan Romans (who remained a majority at that time) to convert to Christianity. The new religion went down a bit easier, knowing that their feasts would not be taken away from them.

Christmas (Christ-Mass) as we know it today, most historians agree, began in Germany, though Catholics and Lutherans still disagree about which church celebrated it first. The earliest record of an evergreen being decorated in a Christian celebration was in 1521 in the Alsace region of Germany. A prominent Lutheran minister of the day cried blasphemy: "Better that they should look to the true tree of life, Christ."

The controversy continues even today in some fundamentalist sects.

12/5/2014 8:58:19 PM Laguna Niguel, CA  

duchessa
Yonkers, NY
62, joined Aug. 2008

Quote from stanleyzee:

You are a very eloquent lady....

12/6/2014 9:20:08 AM Laguna Niguel, CA  

ludlowlowell
Panama City, FL
62, joined Feb. 2008

So the early Christians took the pagan holiday Saturnalia and turned it into Christmas. What's so terrible about that?

12/6/2014 9:21:56 AM Laguna Niguel, CA  

rufftreasure
Waldron, AR
60, joined Jun. 2014

What's so terrible about it is the fact y'all think it's yours and really, it's theft.

12/6/2014 9:33:20 AM Laguna Niguel, CA  

ludlowlowell
Panama City, FL
62, joined Feb. 2008

A religious or secular holiday that others adapt or copy can hardly be called theft. Example: Thanksgiving originated in the U. S. but is now celebrated in several countries. You don't see the U.S. suing in the World Court, do you?

12/6/2014 9:35:00 AM Laguna Niguel, CA  

olderthandirt20
Over 2,000 Posts (3,145)
Waldron, AR
68, joined Jul. 2014

Quote from ludlowlowell:
So the early Christians took the pagan holiday Saturnalia and turned it into Christmas. What's so terrible about that?

You're missing the point ( as usual ) it's not jesus's birthday, you don't like it that some satan worshipers read latin masses backwards do you?
Oh that's blasphemy
It's the same thing Lud

It's dishonest and it's machiavellian chicanery.
I thought you wanted truth?

[Edited 12/6/2014 9:38:08 AM ]

12/6/2014 9:39:37 AM Laguna Niguel, CA  

rufftreasure
Waldron, AR
60, joined Jun. 2014

You're the one talking about sueing

So you believe you adopted pagan concepts,and holidays, but turn around and with out guilt, knowingly " "adopting", with a clear conscience, a good opportunity to hold traditions that at the same time condemning those who were the originators of your stolen concepts and holidays??

12/6/2014 9:52:55 AM Laguna Niguel, CA  

ludlowlowell
Panama City, FL
62, joined Feb. 2008

First off, the Church never said definitely that Jesus was born on Dec. 25. That's the day, on the Western Church's calendar, when Jesus' birthday is celebrated, but we don't pretend to know for sure.

Neither ancient nor modern paganism is 100% evil. In the various pagan cultures of the world, past and present, we find things like duty, honor, fortitude, respect for parents, love of children, love of country, civic duty, charitable organizations, and the like. Christian missionaries, past and present, encourage pagan cultures to keep what is good and discard only those things that are evil. Turning pagan holidays into Christian holidays is in keeping with this.

12/6/2014 10:48:07 AM Laguna Niguel, CA  

rufftreasure
Waldron, AR
60, joined Jun. 2014

Any ole excuse will do, to miss the point

12/6/2014 12:11:44 PM Laguna Niguel, CA  

duchessa
Yonkers, NY
62, joined Aug. 2008

Quote from ludlowlowell:

That the reasons they did were not legit... IAW, they lied.

Lud, don't even attempt to justify the Christians.

12/6/2014 12:15:14 PM Laguna Niguel, CA  

duchessa
Yonkers, NY
62, joined Aug. 2008

Quote from ludlowlowell:
A religious or secular holiday that others adapt or copy can hardly be called theft. Example: Thanksgiving originated in the U. S. but is now celebrated in several countries. You don't see the U.S. suing in the World Court, do you?

1. TG has a tradition behind it that is not shared by those countries that NOW celebrate this holiday.

2. The Christians stole Saturnalia to bring the followers of said holiday to the Christian faith....I must say it was a good marketing technique.

12/6/2014 12:18:06 PM Laguna Niguel, CA  

duchessa
Yonkers, NY
62, joined Aug. 2008

Quote from ludlowlowell:
First off, the Church never said definitely that Jesus was born on Dec. 25. That's the day, on the Western Church's calendar, when Jesus' birthday is celebrated, but we don't pretend to know for sure.

Lud....your answer is a classic for the Christians...if you can't win an argument you find and excuse.

BULLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLSHIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

12/6/2014 1:24:20 PM Laguna Niguel, CA  

ludlowlowell
Panama City, FL
62, joined Feb. 2008

What kind of excuse did I give for anything or anybody?

12/6/2014 1:41:07 PM Laguna Niguel, CA  

furchizedek
Kingman, AZ
72, joined Sep. 2010

Quote from rufftreasure:
You're the one talking about sueing

So you believe you adopted pagan concepts,and holidays, but turn around and with out guilt, knowingly " "adopting", with a clear conscience, a good opportunity to hold traditions that at the same time condemning those who were the originators of your stolen concepts and holidays??

Stolen holidays? It's even worse than that. They stole the entire Jewish scriptures and pasted them on top of their own meager scriptures, called the whole mess "the Christian Bible," and then proceeded to tell the Jews what the Jewish scriptures really mean.

12/6/2014 3:24:31 PM Laguna Niguel, CA  

ludlowlowell
Panama City, FL
62, joined Feb. 2008

But the Catholic Church is the New Israel.

12/6/2014 4:08:10 PM Laguna Niguel, CA  

duchessa
Yonkers, NY
62, joined Aug. 2008

Quote from ludlowlowell:
What kind of excuse did I give for anything or anybody?

Read your post...you, all, always trying to justify BS

12/6/2014 4:17:04 PM Laguna Niguel, CA  
mrhankchinaski
Over 2,000 Posts (3,631)
Aurora, CO
54, joined Aug. 2014

Quote from duchessa:
1. TG has a tradition behind it that is not shared by those countries that NOW celebrate this holiday.

2. The Christians stole Saturnalia to bring the followers of said holiday to the Christian faith....I must say it was a good marketing technique.

Yes it was a good marketing technique.

And as a New Yorker you gotta love that being slaves to Madison Ave and all as all true New Yorkers are.

But when it comes to religion marketing is the name of the game and as you said Christianity nailed it.

12/6/2014 4:28:40 PM Laguna Niguel, CA  

duchessa
Yonkers, NY
62, joined Aug. 2008

Quote from mrhankchinaski:

And as a New Yorker you gotta love that being slaves to Madison Ave and all as all true New Yorkers are.

Dear, NY is a lot more than NYC....I live far from Madison Ave....fortunately...You have proven yourself wrong.

12/6/2014 4:29:30 PM Laguna Niguel, CA  

duchessa
Yonkers, NY
62, joined Aug. 2008

Why most American think that NYC is the only place in NYS?

12/7/2014 7:10:41 AM Laguna Niguel, CA  

ludlowlowell
Panama City, FL
62, joined Feb. 2008

I'm going to agree with you guys on one point---turning Saturnalia into Christmas was indeed a good marketing technique. The Church's mission is to spread the gospel, and if turning a pagan holiday into a Christian holiday brings pagans to Christ, good.

12/7/2014 7:13:30 AM Laguna Niguel, CA  
mrhankchinaski
Over 2,000 Posts (3,631)
Aurora, CO
54, joined Aug. 2014

Quote from duchessa:
Why most American think that NYC is the only place in NYS?

I said all true New Yorkers.

I was born in Washington Heights, and grew up in Nassau County just 15 miles from the city border.

My parents and grandparents were all New Yorkers.

If you don't consider yourself a New Yorker fine.

12/7/2014 7:23:40 AM Laguna Niguel, CA  
mrhankchinaski
Over 2,000 Posts (3,631)
Aurora, CO
54, joined Aug. 2014

Quote from ludlowlowell:
I'm going to agree with you guys on one point---turning Saturnalia into Christmas was indeed a good marketing technique. The Church's mission is to spread the gospel, and if turning a pagan holiday into a Christian holiday brings pagans to Christ, good.

It's wrong to use the words theft or stole.

If you really look at what happened it's much more complex then that.

Paganism was dying out. It didn't provide for its faithful.

Christianity became popular because it had the right message at the right time.

Early Christian groups took care of eachother for food shelter, and in times of need.

It also offered a message of hope.

When these early pagans came into the Christ an fold they brought their pagan feast days with them.

So to say that Christians stole Christmas just shows that you're a dummy who doesn't know the facts.

It was the pagan converts who brought these feast days into the Christ an faith.

The Church just adapted to what these pagan converts were doing. To what they couldn't stop them from doing.

12/7/2014 8:42:33 AM Laguna Niguel, CA  

olderthandirt20
Over 2,000 Posts (3,145)
Waldron, AR
68, joined Jul. 2014

Illness spreads in the same manner as religions!
Spreading cancer is similar to christianity.

[Edited 12/7/2014 8:43:32 AM ]

12/7/2014 8:50:08 AM Laguna Niguel, CA  

rufftreasure
Waldron, AR
60, joined Jun. 2014

Quote from ludlowlowell:

Baby steps, for too long, you may be ready for the meat of reality, rather than the milk of the sheeple.
Something you can get your teeth to chewin on!!

12/7/2014 8:54:21 AM Laguna Niguel, CA  
ron6280a
Over 2,000 Posts (2,111)
Detroit, MI
53, joined Oct. 2013

Quote from olderthandirt20:
Illness spreads in the same manner as religions!

Lud make sure you don't cough or sneeze on others or they'll catch a case of catholic.

BwaaaHahaaaaaa!!!!!!

12/7/2014 10:25:41 AM Laguna Niguel, CA  

wayn49
Over 2,000 Posts (3,098)
Birmingham, AL
53, joined Feb. 2011

Quote from ludlowlowell:
But the Catholic Church is the New Israel.

the new isreal are those who do Gods will

12/7/2014 10:41:13 AM Laguna Niguel, CA  

dipthong
Montgomery, AL
46, joined Jul. 2011

Birth of Christ was at the feast of tabernacles. Like his death was his resurrection was, the giving of the spirit. Not sure but I think there might be a pattern here.

12/7/2014 10:50:25 AM Laguna Niguel, CA  

rufftreasure
Waldron, AR
60, joined Jun. 2014

Quote from ron6280a:
Lud make sure you don't cough or sneeze on others or they'll catch a case of catholic.

BwaaaHahaaaaaa!!!!!!

Or the disease of conceit, and exclusivity.

Bob Dylan ," The Disease Of Conceit"

12/7/2014 5:29:06 PM Laguna Niguel, CA  

duchessa
Yonkers, NY
62, joined Aug. 2008

I said all true New Yorkers.

I was born in Washington Heights, and grew up in Nassau County just 15 miles from the city border.

My parents and grandparents were all New Yorkers.

If you don't consider yourself a New Yorker fine.

1. I asked why most Americans think there is nothing else to NY than NYC

2. Darling, i was born in another country. no , i am not a NYorker

3. I was in Washington Heights few weeks ago.

12/7/2014 5:30:56 PM Laguna Niguel, CA  

duchessa
Yonkers, NY
62, joined Aug. 2008

IAW, Christianity bullsh...ted better.

12/8/2014 7:22:56 PM Laguna Niguel, CA  
mrhankchinaski
Over 2,000 Posts (3,631)
Aurora, CO
54, joined Aug. 2014

Quote from duchessa:
1. I asked why most Americans think there is nothing else to NY than NYC

2. Darling, i was born in another country. no , i am not a NYorker

3. I was in Washington Heights few weeks ago.

I dont know why. Besides it's best they don't know what a great state New York is.

I've been to all the other states even Alaska and Hawaii.
You don't want these a** backward jack Wagons visiting.

I love NY.

What were you doing in the Heights?
We're you being a naughty girl, hanging with the Dominicans.

12/8/2014 7:27:07 PM Laguna Niguel, CA  
mrhankchinaski
Over 2,000 Posts (3,631)
Aurora, CO
54, joined Aug. 2014

It's wrong to use the words theft or stole.

If you really look at what happened it's much more complex then that.

Paganism was dying out. It didn't provide for its faithful.

Early Christian groups took care of eachother for food shelter, and in times of need.

It also offered a message of hope.

When these early pagans came into the Christ an fold they brought their pagan feast days with them.

So to say that Christians stole Christmas just shows that you're a dummy who doesn't know the facts.

It was the pagan converts who brought these feast days into the Christ an faith.

The Church just adapted to what these pagan converts were doing. To what they couldn't stop them from doing.

Had nothing to say about this op.

I couldn't help it. Being a militant atheist you do sound like a dummy every now and then.

12/8/2014 7:34:34 PM Laguna Niguel, CA  

duchessa
Yonkers, NY
62, joined Aug. 2008

What were you doing in the Heights?
We're you being a naughty girl, hanging with the Dominicans.

I was driving a former student to her home...

Naughty would be the case if you woman was the one in the Heights.

Darling, I live in Westchester county.

[Edited 12/8/2014 7:35:19 PM ]

12/9/2014 7:10:35 AM Laguna Niguel, CA  
mrhankchinaski
Over 2,000 Posts (3,631)
Aurora, CO
54, joined Aug. 2014

Quote from duchessa:
I was driving a former student to her home...

Naughty would be the case if you woman was the one in the Heights.

Darling, I live in Westchester county.

Oh Westchester County. Well la dee da da.

12/9/2014 8:18:45 AM Laguna Niguel, CA  

duchessa
Yonkers, NY
62, joined Aug. 2008

Oh Westchester County. Well la dee da da.

I guess you don't know "piff" about NYS....since I live in Yonkers...which is Westchester county...and yes....la dee da da.

12/9/2014 11:36:33 AM Laguna Niguel, CA  

olderthandirt20
Over 2,000 Posts (3,145)
Waldron, AR
68, joined Jul. 2014

You shouldn't argue with Mrchris or he will block you when he gets mad

12/9/2014 11:57:49 AM Laguna Niguel, CA  

duchessa
Yonkers, NY
62, joined Aug. 2008

Quote from olderthandirt20:
You shouldn't argue with Mrchris or he will block you when he gets mad

My dear the wanderer / helfino / kinkajus...I don't care about being blokedd...in most instances i's an honor

12/9/2014 12:44:31 PM Laguna Niguel, CA  

rufftreasure
Waldron, AR
60, joined Jun. 2014

Are you talking to someone else I can't see??
Or are you talkin to ME???

12/9/2014 12:45:55 PM Laguna Niguel, CA  

rufftreasure
Waldron, AR
60, joined Jun. 2014

I got side tracked, I was gonna say that General Religion forum is like a morgue today!!

12/9/2014 12:47:16 PM Laguna Niguel, CA  

rufftreasure
Waldron, AR
60, joined Jun. 2014

Quote from rufftreasure:
I got side tracked, I was gonna say that General Religion forum is like a morgue today!!

Here's a song, Kieth Richards, " Dead Flowers"

gallaktion - Laguna Niguel, CA