Select your best hookup:
Local
Gay
Asian
Latin
East Europe

is free hookup affair legit

He would describe an event and mention a individual, and I would chime in that I knew that very same particular person. dating in kalamazoo mi They re now physically distant once again, with Megan back in Seattle and Ahmed in Saudi Arabia for perform, but are counting down the days until Ahmed s visa is approved and he can join her. Then finish it with I really, actually am so sorry . anchorage doublelist Dating apps have given us unprecedented access to just about every nut job, borderline sociopath, and bunny boiler in Chicago, and having a nightmarish encounter has turn out to be some sort of twisted rite of passage.

best way to find hookups

Knowing and finding out mandarin can only support if you are interested in communication. best dating app in tampa When we met, she was on her last day of Match, so was all in for a date. We re only roughly five months in, but we already know this is critical. omegle how to stop captcha I even wrote a book about what I learned—and included a final chapter written by the man who took me out on my final ever very first date.

Home  Sign In  Search  Date Ideas  Join  Forums  Singles Groups  - 100% FREE Online Dating, Join Now!

8/19/2015 9:12:21 PM  

naprinciple
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (10,527)
West Plains, MO
46, joined Feb. 2014

Is Anarchy Dangerous?
https://youtu.be/_U3lEc-IFr8

Please watch this 4 min video, and comment as you see fit

Meet singles at DateHookup.dating, we're 100% free! Join now!

DateHookup.dating - 100% Free Personals

8/19/2015 9:30:22 PM West Plains, MO  
Chairman__Darth
North York, ON
45, joined Jul. 2015

I watched it and it was what is the word??? he goes on to condemn mankind
yet says Anarchy has never been tried, wrong, there are anarchist communities past and present.

There is a Anarchist community in Mexico "Rebel Zapatista Autonomous Municipalities "

He goes on and on about atrocities in the world and blames them on governments and rule of law, you haven't explain to me how one enforces "private property rights" in an anarchist society If no Government exists?

Does Anarchist societies have committees that sets up the rules or is it every person for themselves?

8/19/2015 9:32:05 PM West Plains, MO  
fellowforyou
Over 2,000 Posts (2,296)
New York, NY
65, joined Jan. 2010

Only if you light the fuse.
Anarchy has many things to recommend it.
Like confusion, utter contempt for order.

8/19/2015 9:45:17 PM West Plains, MO  
alls_fair
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (20,852)
Thorlákshöfn
Iceland
95, joined May. 2011

I watched about half the video...

Since I have returned to DH, I find my internet progressively more unreliable especially when reading or watching edgy stuff such as the referenced video. What a surprise!

You certainly can't misinterpret the facts presented in the portion that I was able to watch...

The question you present is very open ended and could be interpreted in a number of ways...

Is it dangerous for the "haves"? Terrifying I am sure!

Is it dangerous for people that worship gubment? Absolutely!

But the real problem with anarchy is human dependence on FEAR to define its existence. When I have tried to contemplate a world of anarchy and measured my own reaction to that concept, I have found myself more or less crippled with FEAR...

And I know that it is FEAR because my immediate knee jerk reaction is "how will we make this or that work?" In other words, a programmed reaction to justify the existence of my own fear...

It is a huge mental obstacle to overcome but it can be done with enough patience and practice!

8/19/2015 10:03:37 PM West Plains, MO  

naprinciple
West Plains, MO
46, joined Feb. 2014

Quote from Chairman__Darth:
I watched it and it was what is the word??? he goes on to condemn mankind
yet says Anarchy has never been tried, wrong, there are anarchist communities past and present.

There is a Anarchist community in Mexico "Rebel Zapatista Autonomous Municipalities "

He goes on and on about atrocities in the world and blames them on governments and rule of law, you haven't explain to me how one enforces "private property rights" in an anarchist society If no Government exists?

Does Anarchist societies have committees that sets up the rules or is it every person for themselves?

You haven't explained to me why you think the biggest violator of property rights in the country, can be claimed to be a protector of property rights.

I don't know how a free society might organize, but no reason to assume it wouldn't have laws

8/19/2015 10:13:15 PM West Plains, MO  
Chairman__Darth
North York, ON
45, joined Jul. 2015

why are you changing the subject NAPR?

Is there a place that a government protects 100% property rights? if there is such a place please tell me so I can pack my bags and move there.

8/19/2015 10:17:18 PM West Plains, MO  

naprinciple
West Plains, MO
46, joined Feb. 2014

why are you changing the subject NAPR?

Is there a place that a government protects 100% property rights? if there is such a place please tell me so I can pack my bags and move there.

I've spent the past 18 months telling people about just such a systemThose who violate people's rights as a matter of course, want you to fear such a voluntary society

8/19/2015 10:17:51 PM West Plains, MO  
alls_fair
Thorlákshöfn
Iceland
95, joined May. 2011

The way that established gubments enforce private property rights is thru imminent domain...and threat of confiscation if you fail or refuse to pay rent (taxes) on something that you already own...

Is that enforcing your rights or their will???

8/19/2015 10:24:43 PM West Plains, MO  
Chairman__Darth
North York, ON
45, joined Jul. 2015

Again NAPR, where is this place?

8/19/2015 10:31:11 PM West Plains, MO  

naprinciple
West Plains, MO
46, joined Feb. 2014

Again NAPR, where is this place?

It's locked away, and hiding, inside of 7 billion people's tiny, brainwashed minds

8/19/2015 10:31:57 PM West Plains, MO  
Chairman__Darth
North York, ON
45, joined Jul. 2015

Good lord.

8/20/2015 12:17:29 AM West Plains, MO  
amusicluvr
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (11,830)
Salem, OR
62, joined Nov. 2013

Anarchy is impossible. True Anarchy would be NO GOVERNMENT. There will never be such a thing. There will always be some form of government...a congress, a king, a gang boss, or whatever. Whether the place is run by The Democrats, or Republicans, or Communists, or Bloods, or Crips, or Mafia, or whatever, SOMEONE will be running things...well, or badly. The fewer authority figures there are in a government, the worse that government will rule. A King, or Godfather, is worse than a Congress, or Commission. Such is life. No government is perfect, but there can never be no government. There will always be a government...be it larger, or smaller, better, or worse, etc.

8/20/2015 2:37:05 AM West Plains, MO  

thunderpump
Over 2,000 Posts (2,196)
Tacoma, WA
51, joined Dec. 2009
online now!

Just ask the creators of Jade Helm.

8/20/2015 5:02:45 AM West Plains, MO  

naprinciple
West Plains, MO
46, joined Feb. 2014

Quote from thunderpump:
Just ask the creators of Jade Helm.

What does a PsyOp, used get people habituated to seeing the military on American streets, in violation of Posse Comitatus, have to do with Anarchy?

8/20/2015 11:57:24 AM West Plains, MO  
amusicluvr
Salem, OR
62, joined Nov. 2013

There are no laws against military training exercises. Posse Comitatus does not forbid troops in the streets. You need to go back to law school. You missed some classes the last time around.

8/20/2015 12:02:09 PM West Plains, MO  
juma2112
Over 4,000 Posts! (4,704)
Wheat Ridge, CO
50, joined Jan. 2011

To believe that anarchy could succeed, is to ghave FAR to much faith in the human animal.

8/20/2015 12:02:25 PM West Plains, MO  
amusicluvr
Salem, OR
62, joined Nov. 2013

The Posse Comitatus Act forbids the Army, and now Air Force, (but NOT Navy, Marines, or Coast Guard) from acting as police forces against civilians...generally. It does NOT forbid troops appearing in the streets, or participating in training exercises on public land, or on the property of those individuals / businesses, who agree to allow such presence. There are, also, exceptions to the general rule which DO allow the military to serve as police. Forget Terry Jones, and get your legal information from Law School, or a real attorney.

8/20/2015 12:08:28 PM West Plains, MO  

longbobby
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (63,841)
Lufkin, TX
54, joined Aug. 2010

Quote from amusicluvr:
The Posse Comitatus Act forbids the Army, and now Air Force, (but NOT Navy, Marines, or Coast Guard) from acting as police forces against civilians...generally. It does NOT forbid troops appearing in the streets, or participating in training exercises on public land, or on the property of those individuals / businesses, who agree to allow such presence. There are, also, exceptions to the general rule which DO allow the military to serve as police. Forget Terry Jones, and get your legal information from Law School, or a real attorney.
-----------------------------------

Link?

8/20/2015 12:15:01 PM West Plains, MO  
juma2112
Wheat Ridge, CO
50, joined Jan. 2011

Quote from amusicluvr:

The Navy and Marines are not specifically mentioned, but have adopted policies that apply the same restrictions.
The National Guard and Coast Guard are the only branches exempt.

There has been recent legislation allowing special exceptions to specific Marine (possibly others) details to enforce civillian law.

8/20/2015 12:19:03 PM West Plains, MO  
Yasureoktoo
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (12,067)
Seattle, WA
60, joined Dec. 2014

Quote from naprinciple:
I've spent the past 18 months telling people about just such a systemThose who violate people's rights as a matter of course, want you to fear such a voluntary society

You need to spend some of that time in the real world.

8/20/2015 12:27:21 PM West Plains, MO  
amusicluvr
Salem, OR
62, joined Nov. 2013

Quote from longbobby:
Quote from amusicluvr:
-----------------------------------

Link?

I don't post links. Look it up yourself. Try: Wikipedia, supremcourt.gov, The Library Of Congress, etc.

8/20/2015 12:35:24 PM West Plains, MO  

longbobby
Lufkin, TX
54, joined Aug. 2010

Quote from amusicluvr:
I don't post links. Look it up yourself. Try: Wikipedia, supremcourt.gov, The Library Of Congress, etc.
====================

ZioPedia horse puckey, eh?

No wonder you don't post links for the manure you post.

8/20/2015 1:14:04 PM West Plains, MO  
nat_now
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (34,269)
Ocala, FL
56, joined Jul. 2013

The indians and settlers didn't work out too well.

8/20/2015 1:22:55 PM West Plains, MO  
alls_fair
Thorlákshöfn
Iceland
95, joined May. 2011

Quote from nat_now:
The indians and settlers didn't work out too well.

Do you think that the colonials would have tried to peacefully coexist with the Indians had it not been for involvement by and encouragement from the gubment to initiate hostility???

8/20/2015 1:49:12 PM West Plains, MO  

naprinciple
West Plains, MO
46, joined Feb. 2014

Quote from juma2112:
To believe that anarchy could succeed, is to ghave FAR to much faith in the human animal.

Isn't an equal amount of faith, if not more, required to trust people with the right to violate the ethics of society, and then let them decide if they had done wrong, and let them decide how it's adjudicated?

That sounds like wishful thinking to me

8/20/2015 2:52:00 PM West Plains, MO  
nat_now
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (34,269)
Ocala, FL
56, joined Jul. 2013

Quote from alls_fair:
Do you think that the colonials would have tried to peacefully coexist with the Indians had it not been for involvement by and encouragement from the gubment to initiate hostility???

I think but for FEAR, imagined or real, between different peoples, everyone could get along but for minor conflicts perhaps easily resolved around a campfire chat..

But the people(NOT government) back then, some were the crazy/greedy/brutal....on both sides...and so the majority good all paid the price of those few VERY BAD ONES.

Anyone know the % of revengeful souls in a population?

Which country, today, I can't recall, but is eye for eye and the poor children dare not even go out to play because they could be killed in place of a death caused by opposing "clan"..

I guess that could occur anywhere, though.

Depends on temperament. You know ..like dog breeding for temperment...lol some peoples have calm and reason..some don't.

8/20/2015 2:56:09 PM West Plains, MO  

longbobby
Lufkin, TX
54, joined Aug. 2010

Quote from nat_now:
I think but for FEAR, imagined or real, between different peoples, everyone could get along but for minor conflicts perhaps easily resolved around a campfire chat..

But the people(NOT government) back then, some were the crazy/greedy/brutal....on both sides...and so the majority good all paid the price of those few VERY BAD ONES.

Anyone know the % of revengeful souls in a population?

Which country, today, I can't recall, but is eye for eye and the poor children dare not even go out to play because they could be killed in place of a death caused by opposing "clan"..

I guess that could occur anywhere, though.

Depends on temperament. You know ..like dog breeding for temperment...lol some peoples have calm and reason..some don't.
----------------------------------------------------

8/20/2015 2:58:06 PM West Plains, MO  
juma2112
Wheat Ridge, CO
50, joined Jan. 2011

Quote from naprinciple:
Isn't an equal amount of faith, if not more, required to trust people with the right to violate the ethics of society, and then let them decide if they had done wrong, and let them decide how it's adjudicated?

That sounds like wishful thinking to me

What u refuse to accept is that the flaws that lead u to fear/hate/distrust gov. are not systemic flaws, but character flaws in human beings.

Anarchy, at our present state of evolution, would only serve to give rise to those greedy, violent urges, leading to chaos on an unprecedented scale.

[Edited 8/20/2015 2:59:04 PM ]

8/20/2015 3:02:56 PM West Plains, MO  

naprinciple
West Plains, MO
46, joined Feb. 2014

Quote from juma2112:
What u refuse to accept is that the flaws that lead u to fear/hate/distrust gov. are not systemic flaws, but character flaws in human beings.

Anarchy, at our present state of evolution, would only serve to give rise to those greedy, violent urges, leading to chaos on an unprecedented scale.

No sir! My position is philosophical, not circumstantial

I have virtually no bad experiences with the government

8/20/2015 3:16:40 PM West Plains, MO  
juma2112
Wheat Ridge, CO
50, joined Jan. 2011

Quote from naprinciple:
No sir! My position is philosophical, not circumstantial

I have virtually no bad experiences with the government

Then u might want to tone down the anti authority rhetoric.

Call it what u like, ur conclusions seem to be void of logic, and show an extremely limited understanding of the human condition.

8/20/2015 3:23:30 PM West Plains, MO  

naprinciple
West Plains, MO
46, joined Feb. 2014

Quote from juma2112:
Then u might want to tone down the anti authority rhetoric.

Call it what u like, ur conclusions seem to be void of logic, and show an extremely limited understanding of the human condition.

I'll take any tone I like

I don't pretend having a group of people who tell us what we can and can't do, and then punish us if we disobey, is FREEDOM!

If I did have repeated run ins with the law, might you call me out for bias based on that?

8/20/2015 3:38:28 PM West Plains, MO  
juma2112
Wheat Ridge, CO
50, joined Jan. 2011

Quote from naprinciple:
I'll take any tone I like

I don't pretend having a group of people who tell us what we can and can't do, and then punish us if we disobey, is FREEDOM!

If I did have repeated run ins with the law, might you call me out for bias based on that?

I've said nothing about ur "tone" so I'm not sure where that comes from.

Freedom comes in degrees.
A large society cannot function if everyone does as they please.
Again u refuse to accept that morality is not a constant.

Even in a small (tribal) society, compromises must be made for the benifit of the whole.

I have had MANY run ins with the law. Upon logical examination, I have concluded that a multitude of factors contributed to both the encounter as well as the outcome.
I cannot honestly say that law enforcement agencies/agents are inherently bad. Nor can I say that they are infallible.
What I can say is they are necessary in our (and every) society.

8/20/2015 4:14:51 PM West Plains, MO  

testsignup
Over 4,000 Posts! (5,647)
Springfield, VA
62, joined Sep. 2009

Anarchy simply means no "archy," or rule.

In a way, it has occurred many times, in another way, it never has, at least among humans.

Lots of people here clearly haven't carefully thought through what 'government' means, just as more people misunderstand the true meaning of 'anarchy' than those who do.

Most people who think 'no government' is a good idea, actually imagine a world where everything they LIKE about government is still in place, and that only the bits they don't care for are gone. Most especially those who think they are thoroughly prepared to defend their own property rights without any help. More than anything else, they imagine that Anarchy itself will be ENFORCED somehow. That no one will be allowed to band together, or lie, or cheat, or steal from you while you are away from your home digs.

Lots of people think that 'government' is a formal creation of rich stodgy people in suits or uniforms. But it's really any decision at all, to do things in any kind of organized, coordinated manner, even by a single person. Government is really just one of the general names or labels we've come up with to refer to people choosing to work together. And since humans tend to be every bit as logical as any other animal on this dirt ball, they have often decided that it's easier and more productive to coordinate with others, even if the price is giving up SOME ability to be spontaneously self-indulgent.

Anarchy, therefore, isn't something that can be called 'dangerous' or 'not dangerous,' because what happens when there is no 'government' isn't magic in any way. What happens depends on the exact humans who are present, their motivations, their belief systems, their relationships to each other, the circumstances, availability of resources, health of the exact people, age, and on and on.

It's like leaving a group of children unattended. One group of kids will quietly play separately or together, another group will get into knock down fights.

8/20/2015 4:30:52 PM West Plains, MO  
Chairman__Darth
North York, ON
45, joined Jul. 2015

Anarchist believes no government is a good idea, I just disagree

Im a capitalist, and I believe in small government, a functioning society needs governments ( a committee/authority to uphold the laws, rules and enforcement and protection of property rights)

Ive asked our resident anarchist how does an anarchist society function without government and who enforces Private property and I keep getting the NON SEQUITUR response of
why do I support a government that violates your rights?

I dont see how a society with out government can govern themselves even if all believes in a Non aggression principle.

There was a society in America that was considered Anarchist and socialist in the 1860's, a place called "the new harmony communal" operated by Robert Owens, No private property (except he was the only one that owned it) no government, just committees, constitution and everyone was equal, well that lasted 2 years because no two people on the committee or community could agree on anything.

Josiah Warren, the father of American anarchist lived there and wrote about it, its an excellent little piece called "The Motives for Communism and What it Led To"

You can download it for free and read it, it's not a long read but it's very informative.

8/20/2015 4:43:34 PM West Plains, MO  

naprinciple
West Plains, MO
46, joined Feb. 2014

Chairman, I've repeatedly told you I don't know how a free society might organize itself, but I like the idea of bonding agencies, reputation scores and ostracism

8/20/2015 5:25:35 PM West Plains, MO  

stargazzer
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (19,702)
Creighton, NE
66, joined Feb. 2007

If their is anything wrose it could only be ISIS

8/20/2015 5:35:56 PM West Plains, MO  
lennyjohn58
Over 1,000 Posts (1,392)
Albuquerque, NM
56, joined Feb. 2015

Who cares. It ain't never gonna happen and if it ever does we'll all be long gone by then.

8/20/2015 7:13:37 PM West Plains, MO  
alls_fair
Thorlákshöfn
Iceland
95, joined May. 2011

For those people that believe or continue to assert that anarchy has never been successful, you might want to divest yourselves of some reading on the Amish...

8/20/2015 7:22:22 PM West Plains, MO  
hunter12gauge
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (13,795)
Bellaire, OH
52, joined Apr. 2008

I claim the OP is more dangerous.

8/20/2015 7:22:36 PM West Plains, MO  

class5
Over 2,000 Posts (2,283)
Queensland
Australia
52, joined Jan. 2014

An interesting paper:

Uri Gordon

Anarchism and Political Theory: Contemporary Problems

http://theanarchistlibrary.org/library/uri-gordon-anarchism-and-political-theory-contemporary-problems

8/20/2015 7:35:30 PM West Plains, MO  
aposorichie
Over 2,000 Posts (3,361)
Berwyn, IL
59, joined Jan. 2009

Liberalism is anarchy or the end result of liberalism will be anarchy.

What would the criminals and thugs do once they realize there are no police

presence?

We will not tolerate anarchy, no we will not legalize drugs not even pot.

We really do not need any pot heads.

You want pot?

Go to the store buy some potatoes, corn, beans, carrots, celery, some Ox tails

put it in the pot with some bisquick dumplings..enjoy..

it's all you'll ever need.

8/20/2015 7:47:09 PM West Plains, MO  

class5
Over 2,000 Posts (2,283)
Queensland
Australia
52, joined Jan. 2014

Quote from aposorichie:
Liberalism is anarchy or the end result of liberalism will be anarchy.

What would the criminals and thugs do once they realize there are no police

presence?

We will not tolerate anarchy, no we will not legalize drugs not even pot.

We really do not need any pot heads.

You want pot?

Go to the store buy some potatoes, corn, beans, carrots, celery, some Ox tails

put it in the pot with some bisquick dumplings..enjoy..

it's all you'll ever need.

Wouldn't anarchy be more Libertarian than Liberal?

8/20/2015 7:58:27 PM West Plains, MO  

deneez
Over 4,000 Posts! (4,578)
Rochester, MI
56, joined Apr. 2012

Quote from naprinciple:
Is Anarchy Dangerous?
https://youtu.be/_U3lEc-IFr8

Please watch this 4 min video, and comment as you see fit

I watched the video. Interesting topic.

It does bring out an ugly aspect of state against state.

If your viewing it with the idea of extreme individualism, its the libertarians dream gone bad.

any society with social order requires some common beliefs and conduct. cultures can differ greatly but to have any type of order within it, some golden thread is required.

someone mentions the Amish...great point, but they exist well due to a common identity, which is the golden thread that brings about order. They've achieved 'self-government' vs no government, there is a difference.

The ancient Israelites demanded a King rule over them and judge them 'like other nations'....1 Samuel 8....and the remainder of the old testament is a chronicle of things that didn't go to well for them.

It's possible, but it has nothing to do with extreme individual ideals.

8/20/2015 8:49:04 PM West Plains, MO  
Yasureoktoo
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (12,067)
Seattle, WA
60, joined Dec. 2014

And that is something naprin has refused to admit.

You have to establish a common ground, a common set of moral values.

How do you do this with all the other influences, religion being one.

Do you just kill off everyone who does not accept the new standard.

8/20/2015 9:33:27 PM West Plains, MO  

testsignup
Springfield, VA
62, joined Sep. 2009

Quote from naprinciple:
Chairman, I've repeatedly told you I don't know how a free society might organize itself, but I like the idea of bonding agencies, reputation scores and ostracism

Great. Not anarchy, but interesting. A government is a government, whether it's built by people in a formal room, a few guys with guns, or a social group that keeps "reputation scores."

8/20/2015 9:55:12 PM West Plains, MO  
alls_fair
Thorlákshöfn
Iceland
95, joined May. 2011

Quote from deneez:

someone mentions the Amish...great point, but they exist well due to a common identity, which is the golden thread that brings about order. They've achieved 'self-government' vs no government, there is a difference.

Agreed!

And the difference is a principle that the author of this thread routinely references...it is VOLUNTARY!

The Amish don't employ thugs in suits or uniforms to compel cooperation. If individuals decide not to participate, they are "removed" via ostracism...

8/21/2015 12:33:36 AM West Plains, MO  
juma2112
Wheat Ridge, CO
50, joined Jan. 2011

Quote from alls_fair:

The Amish don't employ thugs in suits or uniforms to compel cooperation. If individuals decide not to participate, they are "removed" via ostracism...

Is the threat of banishment from everyone and everything u've ever known any less intimidating?

8/21/2015 2:51:54 AM West Plains, MO  

class5
Over 2,000 Posts (2,283)
Queensland
Australia
52, joined Jan. 2014

Quote from juma2112:Is the threat of banishment from everyone and everything u've ever known any less intimidating?

Ostracism, as you know was a common method of disposing of demagogues in Ancient Athens (from ostrakoi: the potsherds on which the citizens inscribed the name of the offender). To an Athenian, it was a fate worse than death.

[Edited 8/21/2015 2:52:30 AM ]

8/21/2015 6:02:11 AM West Plains, MO  

testsignup
Springfield, VA
62, joined Sep. 2009

Quote from class5:
Quote from juma2112:Is the threat of banishment from everyone and everything u've ever known any less intimidating?

Ostracism, as you know was a common method of disposing of demagogues in Ancient Athens (from ostrakoi: the potsherds on which the citizens inscribed the name of the offender). To an Athenian, it was a fate worse than death.

Works great on those who depend psychologically on their neighbors for comfort.

Not all that effective on roving bands of killers, robbers, etc. Didn't work on any dictator ever. Serial killers in particular actually gain inspiration from it.

Oh, and doesn't work on forum trolls, in case you haven't noticed.

Not saying it isn't a useful tool in the arsenal of government, just that it has limited application.

8/21/2015 6:35:15 AM West Plains, MO  

naprinciple
West Plains, MO
46, joined Feb. 2014

Quote from testsignup:
Great. Not anarchy, but interesting. A government is a government, whether it's built by people in a formal room, a few guys with guns, or a social group that keeps "reputation scores."

No one is claiming a voluntary society wouldn't have rules to live by, only that there's a better solution for enforcement than violence

8/21/2015 6:55:59 AM West Plains, MO  

class5
Over 2,000 Posts (2,283)
Queensland
Australia
52, joined Jan. 2014

Quote from testsignup:
Works great on those who depend psychologically on their neighbors for comfort.

Not all that effective on roving bands of killers, robbers, etc. Didn't work on any dictator ever. Serial killers in particular actually gain inspiration from it.

Oh, and doesn't work on forum trolls, in case you haven't noticed.

Not saying it isn't a useful tool in the arsenal of government, just that it has limited application.

Indeed, it was more of a political tool in that it was a method of disposing of the more 'disruptive' elements in government than a form of judicial punishment, and yes, when the age of the Thirty Tyrants was ushered in after the debacle of Sicily (see the life of the demagogue, Alkibiades), all democratic organs and practices were disregarded.

8/21/2015 7:06:21 AM West Plains, MO  

naprinciple
West Plains, MO
46, joined Feb. 2014

8/21/2015 7:19:54 AM West Plains, MO  
alls_fair
Thorlákshöfn
Iceland
95, joined May. 2011

I read the "you might be a statist if" list with a little trepidation for fear that there might be some residual brainwashing left that I need to ferret out of my own thinking...

The good news is that I passed the piss test with room to spare!

8/21/2015 7:28:17 AM West Plains, MO  

naprinciple
West Plains, MO
46, joined Feb. 2014

8/21/2015 10:31:10 AM West Plains, MO  
Chairman__Darth
North York, ON
45, joined Jul. 2015

naprinciple what is this better solution for enforcement than violence?

8/21/2015 5:12:23 PM West Plains, MO  

testsignup
Springfield, VA
62, joined Sep. 2009

Quote from naprinciple:
No one is claiming a voluntary society wouldn't have rules to live by, only that there's a better solution for enforcement than violence

SOMEONE is claiming that having rules, is still Anarchy. That should be obviously false.

8/21/2015 5:23:46 PM West Plains, MO  
alls_fair
Thorlákshöfn
Iceland
95, joined May. 2011

Quote from testsignup:
SOMEONE is claiming that having rules, is still Anarchy. That should be obviously false.

I am going with bullshit on this post...

If there are rules that we agree to abide by, that doesn't preclude anarchy...

8/22/2015 7:58:34 AM West Plains, MO  

testsignup
Springfield, VA
62, joined Sep. 2009

Quote from alls_fair:
I am going with bullshit on this post...

If there are rules that we agree to abide by, that doesn't preclude anarchy...

Are you related to Bill Belichick by any chance? He said that he also thinks that "NO" means "SOME."

8/22/2015 8:25:32 AM West Plains, MO  

deneez
Over 4,000 Posts! (4,578)
Rochester, MI
56, joined Apr. 2012

No anarchy is not dangerous, furthermore it is possible~with a golden thread running through it.

Here's a question, Can disagreements be solved with impersonal, uninterested outside parties? should they be?

8/22/2015 8:30:17 AM West Plains, MO  

naprinciple
West Plains, MO
46, joined Feb. 2014

Quote from testsignup:

All kinds of entities have rules that are enforced without violence. Perhaps your definition of anarchy is narrow?

naprinciple - West Plains, MO