Select your best hookup:
Local
Gay
Asian
Latin
East Europe

free hookup sites

Greetings, i am a single mother of three young children. merced singles For the love of God, study the room and refrain from oversharing. All solutions and solutions featured are chosen by our editors. tinder macon ga For instance, out of the 25,120 responses collected, 92 per cent of women think that housework must be shared equally in a relationship.

skipthegames com

HER is 1 of the most well known lesbian dating apps, and it s created to be an inclusive space for all bi, trans, lesbian, non binary, and queer girls. naples dating service Folks are judged on how they look, how they talk, what they ve done, what they ve not completed Recall to focus on what you have and what you ve performed, not what you lack and what has passed you by. I was scrolling via TikTok when the app recommended I click on Sarah s account. how do i reopen my eharmony account We have been introduced by his roommate and we were each immediately drawn to every single other.

Home  Sign In  Search  Date Ideas  Join  Forums  Singles Groups  - 100% FREE Online Dating, Join Now!

3/25/2016 7:52:25 AM Unrepentant Sinners Hope There Is No Hell  

ludlowlowell
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (22,087)
Panama City, FL
63, joined Feb. 2008
online now!

Unrepentant sinners hope there is no Hell. Unrepentant sinners hope in vain. Who agrees or disagrees?

Meet singles at DateHookup.dating, we're 100% free! Join now!

DateHookup.dating - 100% Free Personals

3/25/2016 8:52:20 AM Unrepentant Sinners Hope There Is No Hell  
clarence2
Over 1,000 Posts (1,439)
South Yorkshire
United Kingdom
58, joined May. 2011

Quote from ludlowlowell:
Unrepentant sinners hope there is no Hell. Unrepentant sinners hope in vain. Who agrees or disagrees?

Christian Hell fans obsess about sin and gloat over the imagined bleak eternal destinies of people who don't share their beliefs. Are they living a lie and could be spending the only life they'll ever know doing something more worthwhile?

[Edited 3/25/2016 8:54:11 AM ]

3/25/2016 9:03:34 AM Unrepentant Sinners Hope There Is No Hell  

olderthandirt20
Over 4,000 Posts! (4,027)
Waldron, AR
69, joined Jul. 2014

Clarence I have wondered how bleak and miserable life must be for the hellfire and damnation crowd always on the lookout for evil wrongdoing without joy or happiness.
I must be a miserable way to go through life.

3/25/2016 9:14:29 AM Unrepentant Sinners Hope There Is No Hell  

rufftreasure
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (14,385)
Fairmont, MN
60, joined Jun. 2014
online now!

I agree with both gentlemen above!!

3/25/2016 10:16:24 AM Unrepentant Sinners Hope There Is No Hell  

ludlowlowell
Panama City, FL
63, joined Feb. 2008
online now!

The Christian way is not a miserable way at all (although worldly souls imagine it so) because peace comes with living the Christian life and in believing in Christ and the hope for a life in Heaven with Him.

But let's say the Christian life WAS gloomy and miserable. Better a short time of mild gloom and misery here than the forever time of severe gloom and misery in the next world.

"What profit it a man to gain the whole world but to suffer the loss of his soul?"

--Jesus (Mark 8:35)

[Edited 3/25/2016 10:17:45 AM ]

3/25/2016 10:49:14 AM Unrepentant Sinners Hope There Is No Hell  
sdgncalix3
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (46,965)
Las Vegas, NV
43, joined Dec. 2012

The only reason to believe in God is to not got to hell.

3/25/2016 11:34:44 AM Unrepentant Sinners Hope There Is No Hell  

olderthandirt20
Over 4,000 Posts! (4,027)
Waldron, AR
69, joined Jul. 2014

And what if there is no other world? You have spent your pitiful life on your knees praising a nonexistent imaginary being who did nothing of benefit for anyone ever.

[Edited 3/25/2016 11:35:08 AM ]

3/25/2016 2:23:10 PM Unrepentant Sinners Hope There Is No Hell  

followjesusonly
Over 4,000 Posts! (5,610)
Kingman, AZ
87, joined May. 2012

Quote from ludlowlowell:

You believe in so many wrong, doctrines of men, it boggles the mind.

"Fear not, little flock; for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom." (Luke 12:32)

188:4.9 Salvation should be taken for granted by those who believe in the fatherhood of God. -The Urantia Book

...Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life? (Luke 10:25)

"Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbor as thyself." (Luke 10:27)

Of all human knowledge, that which is of greatest value is to know the religious life of Jesus and how he lived it. -196:1.3 The Urantia Book

3/25/2016 2:26:31 PM Unrepentant Sinners Hope There Is No Hell  

followjesusonly
Kingman, AZ
87, joined May. 2012

Quote from clarence2:
Quote from ludlowlowell:

Christian Hell fans obsess about sin and gloat over the imagined bleak eternal destinies of people who don't share their beliefs. Are they living a lie and could be spending the only life they'll ever know doing something more worthwhile?

They are FUBAR, living in fear and spreading fear as Ludlow is doing above. It's like they have a dose of the clap and they're not going to be happy until they can spread it to everyone. As the saying goes, "misery loves company."

3/25/2016 2:31:20 PM Unrepentant Sinners Hope There Is No Hell  

ludlowlowell
Panama City, FL
63, joined Feb. 2008
online now!

"Fear if the Lord is the beginning of wisdom."

--Psalms 111:10

3/25/2016 7:10:08 PM Unrepentant Sinners Hope There Is No Hell  
m_gonzales
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (10,573)
San Antonio, TX
26, joined Sep. 2012

Shouldn't loving Christians also hope there is no hell?

Shouldn't anyone who is a decent human being hope there is no hell.

3/25/2016 7:28:36 PM Unrepentant Sinners Hope There Is No Hell  

followjesusonly
Kingman, AZ
87, joined May. 2012

Quote from ludlowlowell:
"Fear if the Lord is the beginning of wisdom."

--Psalms 111:10

Fear not, brother Ludlow. Stand up like a man. Your loving Father is not going to whip you.

"Fear not, little flock; for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom." (Luke 12:32)

Throw that book out. This is all you need to know:

...Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life? (Luke 10:25)

"Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbor as thyself." (Luke 10:27)

[Edited 3/25/2016 7:30:16 PM ]

3/25/2016 7:48:48 PM Unrepentant Sinners Hope There Is No Hell  

ludlowlowell
Panama City, FL
63, joined Feb. 2008
online now!

Why would a Christian hope there is no Hell when Jesus said, sixteen times no less, that it did? Hoping that one can sin without going to Hell is like hoping you can jump out of an airplane without falling.

3/25/2016 7:52:03 PM Unrepentant Sinners Hope There Is No Hell  

rufftreasure
Fairmont, MN
60, joined Jun. 2014
online now!

Opinion, it's just opinion once again.

3/25/2016 8:34:10 PM Unrepentant Sinners Hope There Is No Hell  
m_gonzales
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (10,573)
San Antonio, TX
26, joined Sep. 2012

Quote from ludlowlowell:
Why would a Christian hope there is no Hell when Jesus said, sixteen times no less, that it did?

Because maybe a Christian would be decent enough not to fantasize that his brothers have to be tortured for all eternity. But hey, that's just me.

3/25/2016 8:43:13 PM Unrepentant Sinners Hope There Is No Hell  

rufftreasure
Fairmont, MN
60, joined Jun. 2014
online now!

3/25/2016 10:49:18 PM Unrepentant Sinners Hope There Is No Hell  

followjesusonly
Kingman, AZ
87, joined May. 2012

Quote from ludlowlowell:
Why would a Christian hope there is no Hell when Jesus said, sixteen times no less, that it did?

what does that sentence even mean?

3/25/2016 10:53:50 PM Unrepentant Sinners Hope There Is No Hell  

followjesusonly
Kingman, AZ
87, joined May. 2012

Quote from ludlowlowell:
Why would a Christian hope there is no Hell when Jesus said, sixteen times no less, that it did? Hoping that one can sin without going to Hell is like hoping you can jump out of an airplane without falling.

There is no Hell, Lud. Study it. Google it. Research it. More and more bible scholars are saying Hell is not in the bible. Don't remain ignorant all your life.

3/26/2016 8:32:51 AM Unrepentant Sinners Hope There Is No Hell  
clarence2
Over 1,000 Posts (1,439)
South Yorkshire
United Kingdom
58, joined May. 2011

Quote from ludlowlowell:

Christians may well worry about all that stuff but it doesn't affect non-Christians who don't buy the idea of sin or a hell. Maybe this thread belongs on the "Christians" forum.

3/26/2016 9:34:14 AM Unrepentant Sinners Hope There Is No Hell  

rufftreasure
Fairmont, MN
60, joined Jun. 2014
online now!

3/26/2016 10:23:54 AM Unrepentant Sinners Hope There Is No Hell  

iyamwutiyam
Over 7,500 Posts!! (9,151)
Middelfart
Denmark
47, joined Dec. 2011

Lud is already in a hell. Delusions, ignorance, irrationality and stupidity.

3/26/2016 10:44:41 AM Unrepentant Sinners Hope There Is No Hell  

rufftreasure
Fairmont, MN
60, joined Jun. 2014
online now!

Well, that's where the choice of living in hell or heaven like conditions, here on earth comes in. Lots of folks can't take personal responsibility for their actions so they have to blame it on a God or Devil. They don't understand that hell or heaven is really a state of mind, right where we stand and all around us. We can choose to be positive of a day, or negative. In this we create our own heaven or hell. There's no one to blame but ourselves if we choose a hellish existence

3/26/2016 3:09:41 PM Unrepentant Sinners Hope There Is No Hell  

followjesusonly
Kingman, AZ
87, joined May. 2012

Quote from clarence2:
Quote from ludlowlowell:

Christians may well worry about all that stuff but it doesn't affect non-Christians who don't buy the idea of sin or a hell. Maybe this thread belongs on the "Christians" forum.

Amen to that. And by the way, the Christian group is here:

https://DateHookup.dating/Forum-5081.htm

4/22/2016 7:57:13 AM Unrepentant Sinners Hope There Is No Hell  

ludlowlowell
Panama City, FL
63, joined Feb. 2008
online now!

Quote from rufftreasure:
Well, that's where the choice of living in hell or heaven like conditions, here on earth comes in. Lots of folks can't take personal responsibility for their actions so they have to blame it on a God or Devil. They don't understand that hell or heaven is really a state of mind, right where we stand and all around us. We can choose to be positive of a day, or negative. In this we create our own heaven or hell. There's no one to blame but ourselves if we choose a hellish existence

True, up to a point. Selfish living does result in personal misery, a living Hell on earth, and a life of service to others causes us to be happy, even here on earth, even during times of poverty or physical pain. People speak of karma---in my opinion the concept of karma is not inconsistent with Christianity at all. But there is a Hell, Heaven, and Purgatory in the next life. Are these actual places, or merely states of being? That we don't know, but we know they're there, because Jesus Christ the Incarnate Son of God said so.

4/22/2016 2:02:19 PM Unrepentant Sinners Hope There Is No Hell  

followjesusonly
Kingman, AZ
87, joined May. 2012

Quote from ludlowlowell:
True, up to a point. Selfish living does result in personal misery, a living Hell on earth, and a life of service to others causes us to be happy, even here on earth, even during times of poverty or physical pain. People speak of karma---in my opinion the concept of karma is not inconsistent with Christianity at all. But there is a Hell, Heaven, and Purgatory in the next life. Are these actual places, or merely states of being? That we don't know, but we know they're there, because Jesus Christ the Incarnate Son of God said so.

Jesus never said anything about "Purgatory." And if you believe Jesus is the Incarnate Son of God, why do you refuse to obey Him? All He asks is that you don't call priests, "Father." Why won't you do that much for Jesus? He wants to know as well:

"Call no man your father upon the earth: "for one is your Father, which is in heaven." (Matthew 23:9)

"Why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?" (Luke 6:46)

Tell us all. Say, "Jesus, the reason I refuse to obey you and the reason I defy you and do what you say not to do, is because..." (and you finish the statement for us all to see)

4/22/2016 2:12:31 PM Unrepentant Sinners Hope There Is No Hell  

onecarwoodshop
Harriman, TN
60, joined Aug. 2014

Actually there is no Hell......What is "hell" like, really? Is it located here on earth, or in some other dimension? Is it real, or a myth? Can the Bible lead us to the truth? Where is "hell" first mentioned in the Bible, and why is it so hard to find in the more accurate modern translations? The punishment of "hell" is never mentioned to the original sinners?Adam, Eve and Cain?nor to unbelievers like the Pharaoh who defied God repeatedly? Are there Bible verses that clearly describe "hell," explaining its origins and purpose?

Hell no! If you study "hell" in the Bible, you're in for a long, fruitless search for facts, definitions and explanations. Why? Because the Hebrew prophets never mentioned a place where human beings writhe in eternal torment, gnashing their teeth forever. Nor did the prophets ever mention even the possibility of suffering after death. Isn't that extremely odd, if there really is a hell and God wanted us to know how to avoid it?

The Hebrew Bible (our Old Testament) mentions a place called Sheol, but as I will demonstrate below—quoting book, chapter and verse—the Hebrew word Sheol clearly means "the grave" or "the abode of all the dead, good and bad." The same is true in the New Testament, where the Greek word Hades also clearly means "the grave" or "the abode of all the dead." Nor does Gehenna mean "hell," as I explain below.

So "hell" is not a biblical teaching at all, but a harrowing mistranslation used by charlatans to brainwash believers into forking over their hard-earned money while obeying commandments they never bothered to observe themselves. (It seems hell hath no fury like a hypocritical moralist out to control other people's behavior.)

Unfortunately, the innocents who suffer most from this hellish dogma are highly impressionable children who trust their parents, pastors, youth directors and Sunday School teachers not to mislead them.

4/22/2016 2:15:51 PM Unrepentant Sinners Hope There Is No Hell  

ludlowlowell
Panama City, FL
63, joined Feb. 2008
online now!

Jesus specifically said there was a Hell sixteen times in scripture and He said there was a Purgatory twice (well, technically only once, as Matthew and Luke repeated the incident).

4/22/2016 3:18:36 PM Unrepentant Sinners Hope There Is No Hell  

followjesusonly
Kingman, AZ
87, joined May. 2012

Quote from ludlowlowell:
Jesus specifically said there was a Hell sixteen times in scripture and He said there was a Purgatory twice (well, technically only once, as Matthew and Luke repeated the incident).

THE WORD PURGATORY IS NOT IN THE BIBLE.

4/22/2016 4:23:52 PM Unrepentant Sinners Hope There Is No Hell  

followjesusonly
Kingman, AZ
87, joined May. 2012

Quote from ludlowlowell:
Jesus specifically said there was a Hell sixteen times in scripture.

He did not. Jesus did not speak English. Hell is not a word in Aramaic.

4/23/2016 6:15:09 PM Unrepentant Sinners Hope There Is No Hell  

ludlowlowell
Panama City, FL
63, joined Feb. 2008
online now!

He may not have said it in English, but He still said it.

4/23/2016 6:30:06 PM Unrepentant Sinners Hope There Is No Hell  

duchessa
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (39,307)
Yonkers, NY
63, joined Aug. 2008

Quote from ludlowlowell:

I can't believe the lud who writes very interesting posts in Current Events and Politics is the same one who here writes / starts senseles threads. J/S

4/24/2016 3:29:58 PM Unrepentant Sinners Hope There Is No Hell  

followjesusonly
Kingman, AZ
87, joined May. 2012

Quote from ludlowlowell:

You are a willfully ignorant man. Hell is not a concept in Aramaic.

http://www.holisticpolitics.org/NarrowPath/HellError.php

Is “Hell” a Translation Error?
Hell: the wicked dead go there to roast forever, tormented by horned bipeds with forked tails and armed with pitchforks. Unbelievers go there too. So do those who fail to show up for church regularly or say their evening prayers. At least, I thought these things when I was little. I was duly intimidated; these thoughts made me a better person for a while. As a tool for making small children behave, this image of Hell can be quite effective. It also worked on superstitious heathens, people long used to dealing with capricious and malevolent gods.

But does it work on adults today? In this age of peace, abundance and higher education, this vision of the damned reads like an archaic fairy tale. The sheer monstrousness of it defies belief. It meshes not with the concept of a just and loving God. And so, the educated masses fall away from Belief by the million. The wealthy nations of the West drift towards a new Post Christian Era. This vision of Hell no longer works.

More importantly, is the traditional picture of Hell true? Quick answer: no, I have already disproven the simple two-option afterlife model of blissful Heaven and fiery Hell. Jesus described at least least three levels of punishment for the wicked . Furthermore, unbelievers will be judged more lightly than Believers for the same sins . So the simple traditional vision of Hell is out. Perhaps Dante was closer to the truth, with Purgatory and his multi-leveled Hell.

Problem is, Dante’s vision is nowhere found in the Bible. The word Purgatory appears in the Bible zero times. Come to think of it, those horned beings with pitchforks are noticeably absent as well. The Bible does describe the Devil, but not as an ugly red manlike creature with cloven horns. Satan is a much more beautiful being, whose image is celebrated by millions to this day !

The popular vision of Hell is a mix of mistranslation, pagan influence, and intentional myth designed to intimidate the masses. The picture in the Bible is more complex, and closer to common sense notions of justice. Over the course of this chapter we will look at the four words which get translated as “hell” in the King James Bible. We’ll expose the dishonest slight of hand used by the translators to make the Old Testament account match the later vision. We’ll look at many passages which belie the idea that the wicked go straight to Hell and punishment after death, while earnest Believers go straight to the pearly gates above. Indeed, we’ll start with the many passages which state that the dead go nowhere supernatural at all! The Bible says the dead “sleep.”

4/24/2016 3:33:01 PM Unrepentant Sinners Hope There Is No Hell  

followjesusonly
Kingman, AZ
87, joined May. 2012

http://www.godsplanforall.com/mistranslationstomeanhell

HEBREW AND GREEK WORDS MISTRANSLATED TO MEAN HELL

Mistranslations of Sheol, Hades, Tartarus and Gehenna

In Chapter 15, we showed that the concept of ‘eternal punishment in hell’ is an unbiblical pagan doctrine embraced and christianised by the Roman Catholic Church in the early centuries of Christianity, and made official when Jerome translated the Bible into Latin in the Latin Vulgate (circa 400 AD).

The doctrine of ‘everlasting punishment in hell’ is founded upon a combination of mistranslations and misinterpretations of the following Hebrew and Greek words:

Mistranslations of the Hebrew word sheol, and the Greek words hades, tartarus and gehenna, to mean hell.
Mistranslations of the Hebrew word owlam, and the Greek words aion and aionios, to mean forever or everlasting when relating to God’s judgement of unbelievers and fallen angels.
In this chapter, we deal with the mistranslations of sheol, hades, tartarus and gehenna whilst in the next chapter, we deal with the mistranslations of owlam, aion and aionios.

Hell is such an infinitely extreme and dreadfully fearful doctrine with respect to the fate of unbelievers, who are the vast majority of humanity, that surely God would have inspired clear, unambiguous statements about it in the Bible if it were true. Also, one would expect Bible translators, experts in the Hebrew and Greek languages, to be in complete agreement about how many times the word ‘hell’ occurs in the Bible. But the shocking fact is that the opposite is true.

When we examine how often the word ‘hell’ occurs in various versions of the Bible from the Latin Vulgate onwards, we are shocked to see just how widely Bible translators differ in their opinion and understanding of the word ‘hell’.

4/24/2016 3:43:42 PM Unrepentant Sinners Hope There Is No Hell  

followjesusonly
Kingman, AZ
87, joined May. 2012

You are a willfully ignorant man, Lud.

The HyperTexts

http://www.thehypertexts.com/no%20hell%20in%20the%20bible.htm

Does "Hell" really exist? Is there a "Hell" in the Bible? Hell no! There is no "Hell" in the Bible!

What is "hell" like, really? Is it located here on earth, or in some other dimension? Is it real, or a myth? Can the Bible lead us to the truth? Where is "hell" first mentioned in the Bible, and why is it so hard to find in the more accurate modern translations? Why was the punishment of "hell" never mentioned to the original sinners?Adam, Eve and Cain?nor to unbelievers like the Pharaoh who defied God repeatedly? Are there Bible verses that clearly describe "hell," explaining its origins and purpose? Hell no! If you study "hell" in the Bible, you're in for a long, fruitless search for facts, definitions and explanations. Why? Because the Hebrew prophets never mentioned a place where human beings writhe in eternal torment, gnashing their teeth forever. Nor did the prophets ever mention even the possibility of suffering after death. Isn't that extremely odd, if there really is a hell and God wanted us to know how to avoid it? The Hebrew Bible (our Old Testament) mentions a place called Sheol, but as I will demonstrate below—quoting book, chapter and verse—the Hebrew word Sheol clearly means "the grave" or "the abode of all the dead, good and bad." The same is true in the New Testament, where the Greek word Hades also clearly means "the grave" or "the abode of all the dead." Nor does Gehenna mean "hell," as I explain below. So "hell" is not a biblical teaching at all, but a harrowing mistranslation used by charlatans to brainwash believers into forking over their hard-earned money while obeying commandments they never bothered to observe themselves. (It seems hell hath no fury like a hypocritical moralist out to control other people's behavior.) Unfortunately, the innocents who suffer most from this hellish dogma are highly impressionable children who trust their parents, pastors, youth directors and Sunday School teachers not to mislead them ...

by Michael R. Burch, a "recovering fundamentalist"

Hell is child abuse, pure and simple. We simply must put an end to the emotional, psychological and spiritual abuse of children, today. There is absolutely no reason for adults to threaten children with hell with the thinly-veiled but terrifying threat that "Jesus saves, but only if you believe Christian dogma." Children grow up, a fact that eludes Christian theologians who insist that Jesus loves the little children, and yet will inexplicably turn his back on them when they reach the mysterious "age of accountability," which ironically was never mentioned by Jesus, Peter, Paul, or any other apostle or prophet in regard to salvation. If the God of the Bible never condemned anyone to "hell" at any age, isn't it blasphemy to threaten people with hell in God's name? Well, I intend to prove "beyond a reasonable doubt" that from beginning to end the Bible is entirely and absolutely silent about either the preexistence or creation of "hell."

4/24/2016 3:47:57 PM Unrepentant Sinners Hope There Is No Hell  

followjesusonly
Kingman, AZ
87, joined May. 2012

Quote from ludlowlowell:

No, He never said it. It's a mistranslated word. It's not even in the Catholic New American Bible.

4/24/2016 3:50:07 PM Unrepentant Sinners Hope There Is No Hell  

followjesusonly
Kingman, AZ
87, joined May. 2012

The HyperTexts

http://www.thehypertexts.com/How%20many%20tines%20is%20hell%20mentioned%20in%20the%20Bible.htm

How many times is "hell" mentioned in the Bible?

How often does the word "hell" appear in the Bible? As the table below demonstrates, according to the consensus opinion of modern Bible scholarship, the word "hell" was never mentioned, not even a single time, in the entire Bible! In fact, the Hebrew language lacks any word that means "hell." That's a very curious omission, if an all-wise God gave the Bible to the ancient Hebrew prophets! And while some Bible translations still contain a small handful of cryptic references to "hell," those references raise a perplexing question: Why does "hell" suddenly pop up in a few stray verses here and there in the later-written books of the Bible, when in earlier biblical chronologies covering thousands of years there had never been any mention of "hell" or any possibility of suffering after death?

According to the consensus opinion of modern Bible scholars, the word "hell" did not appear a single time, not even once, in the Hebrew Bible, or Old Testament (OT). And the word "hell" is very hard to find in the New Testament (NT) as well. You can confirm this by using an online Bible search tool to scan various Bible translations for the word "hell." Or you can save time and effort by referring to the table below, which was produced by Gary Amirault, a Bible scholar who has extensively researched and written about the question of "hell" as a biblical teaching. I have added two translations to his original list: the Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB), sponsored by the famously literal and conservative Southern Baptist Convention, and the New American Bible Revised Edition (NABRE), produced by more than a hundred Bible scholars working for the Roman Catholic Church.

The word "hell" does not appear in the Bible because:

(1) The Hebrew word Sheol clearly means "the grave" not "hell." Everyone went to Sheol when they died, not just the wicked. Sheol was not a place of suffering, because in Job 14:13, a much-beset Job asked to go to Sheol to escape suffering. Sheol was not a place where God was absent, because King David said in Psalm 139:8 that when he made his bed in Sheol (i.e., when he died and was laid in his grave), God would be with him. And Sheol was not an eternal inescapable prison, because in Psalm 49:15 the Sons of Korah said that God would redeem them from Sheol, by which they meant that they would be resurrected from the grave to new life. Furthermore, the prophet Ezekiel and the apostle Paul agreed that all Israel would be saved, and yet in Genesis 37:35, Israel himself said that he would be reunited with his son Joseph in Sheol. How can all Israel be saved if Israel himself is in "hell"? In each case Sheol clearly means "the grave" or "the abode of all the dead, good and bad" and cannot be interpreted as "hell" unless "hell" is heaven!

(2) The Greek word Hades also clearly means "the grave" not "hell." Everyone went to Hades when they died, not just the wicked. Hades contained heavenly regions like the Elysian Fields and the Blessed Isles. The Greek hell was Tartarus, which is discussed below, in section 4.

(3) The place name Gehenna does not mean "hell" because Gehenna is a valley in Israel known in Hebrew as Gehinnom, or the Valley of Hinnom. Today Gehenna is a lovely park and tourist attraction. Wonderful archeological discoveries have been made there, such as the healing pool of Siloam and the oldest Bible verses ever discovered, inscribed on small silver amulets. Those verses are the benediction "The LORD bless thee and keep thee; the LORD make his countenance to shine upon thee and be gracious unto thee." Those are wonderfully comforting words to have been discovered in "hell," don't you think?

(4) The Greek hell was Tartarus. This is the only word in the Bible that actually means "hell" in either Greek or Hebrew. But the word Tartarus appears only one time in the entire Bible, in 2 Peter 2:4. And that verse is about fallen angels awaiting judgment, so its hell is not eternal and is not for human beings.

The bottom line is that only one major translation of the Bible, the King James Version, contains the word "hell" in the Old Testament. As you can see below, the New King James Version cuts the number of Old Testament references to "hell" almost in half. But all the remaining OT verses are mistranslations, according to the Bible scholars who produced the other translations. And if there really is a "hell," how is it possible that none of the Hebrew prophets knew anything about it, and never mentioned any possibility of suffering after death? Why were hell and the possibility of suffering after death never mentioned to Adam, Eve, Cain, Noah, Abraham, Lot, the people of Sodom, Moses, the Pharaoh who defied God repeatedly, Job, Jonah, David, Solomon, Daniel, Ezekiel, Isaiah, or any of the other Hebrew prophets?

If this subject interests you, I have created a simple, logical proof that there is No Hell in the Bible, which you read without annoying ads by clicking the hyperlinked title.

===================================================
Ignorance is like a demon, Lud. Throw off the demon.

4/24/2016 4:00:51 PM Unrepentant Sinners Hope There Is No Hell  

followjesusonly
Kingman, AZ
87, joined May. 2012

Yeshua and Hell

Please don't believe the hell myth. It is a terrible fiction created by the church that has been attributed to Yeshua. In the myth, Yeshua is portrayed as a tyrant who requires that people swear allegiance to him or he will lock them into a place of unrelenting, agonizing torment for eternity. That is not the Yeshua who speaks of love, compassion, judging not, and forgiving in the New Testament. Yeshua doesn't mention such a place and certainly never threatened anyone if they chose not to grow spiritually by following his teaching. There is no word for such a place in Aramaic, Greek, or Hebrew. It just didn't exist.

Hell is a terrible mythology that must be eradicated from human consciousness. Summaries of three scholars' explanations that hell is a myth follow to illustrate the many other sources. Ten links to other sources follow these three summaries. There are dozens of others. My additional comments about the hell myth follow these sources.

Continued here:
http://30ce.com/jesusonhell.htm

Throw off the demon of ignorance, Lud.

4/24/2016 8:48:05 PM Unrepentant Sinners Hope There Is No Hell  

ludlowlowell
Panama City, FL
63, joined Feb. 2008
online now!

If you guys will read the Lazarus-rich man parable, you will see that Jesus specifically said that Hell exists, there is fire there, people who go there stay there forever and are never released, and that good works are necessary for salvation.

4/24/2016 9:04:42 PM Unrepentant Sinners Hope There Is No Hell  

up2youandme
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (16,519)
Chandler, AZ
40, joined Jan. 2014

Quote from ludlowlowell:

In pretty much the same way sanctimonious maggots hope there is heaven

4/25/2016 2:13:46 PM Unrepentant Sinners Hope There Is No Hell  

followjesusonly
Kingman, AZ
87, joined May. 2012

Quote from ludlowlowell:
If you guys will read the Lazarus-rich man parable, you will see that Jesus specifically said that Hell exists, there is fire there, people who go there stay there forever and are never released, and that good works are necessary for salvation.

Here is the "Lazarus-rich man" parable from the CATHOLIC New American Bible.

The word "Hell" is not in there. Jesus never said it. Also, it's a parable and not a true story. And last, why don't you bother to give the book, chapter, and verse? Not enough time? Not enough room on your computer?

And how can people in "Hell" talk to people in Heaven? You don't know.

From the Catholic bible, Luke 16:19-31

The Parable of the Rich Man and Lazarus.*
“There was a rich man* who dressed in purple garments and fine linen and dined sumptuously each day.
And lying at his door was a poor man named Lazarus, covered with sores,i
who would gladly have eaten his fill of the scraps that fell from the rich man’s table. Dogs even used to come and lick his sores.
When the poor man died, he was carried away by angels to the bosom of Abraham. The rich man also died and was buried,
and from the netherworld,* where he was in torment, he raised his eyes and saw Abraham far off and Lazarus at his side.
And he cried out, ‘Father Abraham, have pity on me. Send Lazarus to dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue, for I am suffering torment in these flames.’
Abraham replied, ‘My child, remember that you received what was good during your lifetime while Lazarus likewise received what was bad; but now he is comforted here, whereas you are tormented.j
Moreover, between us and you a great chasm is established to prevent anyone from crossing who might wish to go from our side to yours or from your side to ours.’
He said, ‘Then I beg you, father, send him to my father’s house,
for I have five brothers, so that he may warn them, lest they too come to this place of torment.’
But Abraham replied, ‘They have Moses and the prophets. Let them listen to them.’
* He said, ‘Oh no, father Abraham, but if someone from the dead goes to them, they will repent.’
Then Abraham said, ‘If they will not listen to Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded if someone should rise from the dead.’”

4/25/2016 6:35:30 PM Unrepentant Sinners Hope There Is No Hell  

ludlowlowell
Panama City, FL
63, joined Feb. 2008
online now!

The word "Hell" may none there but it is clear that Jesus is speaking of Hell, especially in the light of other of His sayings.

4/25/2016 6:47:23 PM Unrepentant Sinners Hope There Is No Hell  

followjesusonly
Kingman, AZ
87, joined May. 2012

Quote from ludlowlowell:
The word "Hell" may none there but it is clear that Jesus is speaking of Hell, especially in the light of other of His sayings.

You are truly a willfully ignorant man.

4/25/2016 6:55:59 PM Unrepentant Sinners Hope There Is No Hell  

followjesusonly
Kingman, AZ
87, joined May. 2012

THE RICH MAN AND THE BEGGAR

169:3.1 When the meeting became too noisy, Simon Peter, standing up, took charge, saying: “Men and brethren, it is not seemly thus to dispute among yourselves. The Master has spoken, and you do well to ponder his words. And this is no new doctrine which he proclaimed to you. Have you not also heard the allegory of the Nazarites concerning the rich man and the beggar? Some of us heard John the Baptist thunder this parable of warning to those who love riches and covet dishonest wealth. And while this olden parable is not according to the gospel we preach, you would all do well to heed its lessons until such a time as you comprehend the new light of the kingdom of heaven. The story as John told it was like this:

169:3.2 “There was a certain rich man named Dives, who, being clothed in purple and fine linen, lived in mirth and splendor every day. And there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, who laid at this rich man’s gate, covered with sores and desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man’s table; yes, even the dogs came and licked his sores. And it came to pass that the beggar died and was carried away by the angels to rest in Abraham’s bosom. And then, presently, this rich man also died and was buried with great pomp and regal splendor. When the rich man departed from this world, he waked up in Hades, and finding himself in torment, he lifted up his eyes and beheld Abraham afar off and Lazarus in his bosom. And then Dives cried aloud: ‘Father Abraham, have mercy on me and send over Lazarus that he may dip the tip of his finger in water to cool my tongue, for I am in great anguish because of my punishment.’ And then Abraham replied: ‘My son, you should remember that in your lifetime you enjoyed the good things while Lazarus in like manner suffered the evil. But now all this is changed, seeing that Lazarus is comforted while you are tormented. And besides, between us and you there is a great gulf so that we cannot go to you, neither can you come over to us.’ Then said Dives to Abraham: ‘I pray you send Lazarus back to my father’s house, inasmuch as I have five brothers, that he may so testify as to prevent my brothers from coming to this place of torment.’ But Abraham said: ‘My son, they have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them.’ And then answered Dives: ‘No, No, Father Abraham! but if one go to them from the dead, they will repent.’ And then said Abraham: ‘If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded even if one were to rise from the dead.’”

169:3.3 After Peter had recited this ancient parable of the Nazarite brotherhood, and since the crowd had quieted down, Andrew arose and dismissed them for the night. Although both the apostles and his disciples frequently asked Jesus questions about the parable of Dives and Lazarus, he never consented to make comment thereon. -The Urantia Book

4/25/2016 7:49:05 PM Unrepentant Sinners Hope There Is No Hell  

ludlowlowell
Panama City, FL
63, joined Feb. 2008
online now!

Quote from duchessa:
I can't believe the lud who writes very interesting posts in Current Events and Politics is the same one who here writes / starts senseles threads. J/S[/quote

I guess we agree on politics but not on religion.