Select your best hookup:
Local
Gay
Asian
Latin
East Europe

megaperosnals

Get to know how to navigate the website prior to you jump in and start out connecting with people today. single women in grand forks nd What guidelines do men and women have for working with Tinder? How do I get a fantastic experience from employing dating apps? Finding that specific an individual can be difficult if you have Aspergers Syndrome or Autism. gym hookup I have turn out to be pals with a lovely guy.

mega personal websites

Even deciding on the right platform (see point #1) can help do a lot of this perform for you. single females fort myers florida area Individuals really should under no circumstances deliver private facts prior to meeting someone in genuine life, such as their surname, address, or even their neighborhood. I ve been utilizing this for a even though and do obtain it pretty a lot accessible. now that craigslist personals is gone where to go com.

Home  Sign In  Search  Date Ideas  Join  Forums  Groups

Page: 1, 2, 3
9/7/2008 3:08:29 PM Is marriage in the new millenium over-rated?  

thebestman
Alpharetta, GA

thanks lillibet.

9/7/2008 3:16:13 PM Is marriage in the new millenium over-rated?  

ima_delight
Lewisville, TX

I think, before, it was expected for us (women) to get married, have babies and take care of our husband. All of that has changed now due to several factors. It now takes two people working to pay for the necessities of living. There is more stress on marriages than ever before.

Are there more rewards?
Looking at marriage today, I wonder?
I am trying to figure this all out too.

9/7/2008 3:18:08 PM Is marriage in the new millenium over-rated?  

thebestman
Alpharetta, GA

Quote from ima_delight:
I think, before, it was expected for us (women) to get married, have babies and take care of our husband. All of that has changed now due to several factors. It now takes two people working to pay for the necessities of living. There is more stress on marriages than ever before.

Are there more rewards?
Looking at marriage today, I wonder?
I am trying to figure this all out too.

Yes, whether marriage today is over-rated or not is a very intriguing question for many today.

9/7/2008 3:51:19 PM Is marriage in the new millenium over-rated?  

barbaraajo
Reston, VA

That is a good question. My response to that is that I think it depends on the people involved. But as far as I am concerned,.... NO, Marrauge is not over-rated. It is a wonderful thing if you can get it right.

As far as my last marriage goes, yes it was overrated. It sucked!!!!

Marriage can be a very beautiful thing and I do not believe it is over-rated. JMO

9/8/2008 6:36:45 PM Is marriage in the new millenium over-rated?  

anewdawn36
Charlotte, NC

This is a very interesting, but good question theBestMan.

No, I don't think that it is the marriage that is over-rated, but I do think personally that divorce can be over-rated. Many times we focus on research that predicts how many unions will crumble, or listening to the many negative comments of why so many marriages fail. This is enough to make many of us vow to never get married or some to not want to do it again and guess what?? our next generation follows suit.
So yes, for many reasons marriages may not last but there are some that do and they are the ones that give hope to those of us who are still open to the possiblity of engaging in one that WILL LAST.

That's why it's so beneficial to sometimes not only look at but talk too old lasting married couples. They will tell you that they have made marriage a priority and the love they have has been worked at, worked on and worked through forming a lasting union made of unconditional love and no holds bar acceptance . JIMO

9/8/2008 6:52:52 PM Is marriage in the new millenium over-rated?  

thebestman
Alpharetta, GA

thanks 4 the comments

9/8/2008 6:58:21 PM Is marriage in the new millenium over-rated?  

betton1
Arlington, TX

Marriage is not over-rated, and you CAN make any marriage work, but only if both people truly love one another enough to stick through it and work hard on making it work during those times.

Yes, I'm divorced--but after talking for over two years with my ex-- we're finally seeing where our marriage failed. Now, we're friends again.

It also helps to follow the Bible-- and God's will..... not that i'm trying to push it on anyone--but I believe it to be true.

oh yeah -- and divorce is the easy out for those not willing to work hard.

[Edited 9/8/2008 6:59:21 PM]

9/8/2008 7:06:17 PM Is marriage in the new millenium over-rated?  

evileddy
Ottawa, ON

I think divorce is over rated.

I still don't see any reason for me to get married as logically it's a bad investment.

9/8/2008 7:12:17 PM Is marriage in the new millenium over-rated?  

tater79
Springfield, IL

I don't feel marriage is over-rated at all...........

I feel society is overly narcistic, and under moralized as being the problem....

Very good post though and "I DO"(no pun intended) know where you are coming from ..

[Edited 9/8/2008 7:19:55 PM]

9/8/2008 7:15:35 PM Is marriage in the new millenium over-rated?  

lovelyrider
Pelham, NH

I think marriage is a wonderful thing between two young people that are truly in love. They want to start a family etc... Live the beautiful American dream. But, for us middle aged people who have done that trip already, It's over rated.

Let's be honest, my generation just doesn't want to work at it enough. Look at the age group that started the high divorce rates. I think people taking that trip to the alter three and four times aren't taking there vows seriously. Live together if you truly love one another. It's a piece of paper.

9/8/2008 7:18:40 PM Is marriage in the new millenium over-rated?  

tater79
Springfield, IL

Quote from judit0606:
WOW...GOOD QUESTION, BESTMAN!!!
I REALLY HATE to think that marriage IS over-rated in ANY society! BUT, on the other hand, in THIS society of todaywith the moral decline, the irresponsibility, and the total lack of commitment AND horrible work ethics...Sigh, this IS EXACTLY, the case!!! It doesn't say much about US as a society when this happens and it's sad...very, very sad! BUT, I don't know WHAT we EXPECT when parents just let their kids run wild??? Some parents EVEN let their kids tell THEM what to do INSTEAD of sitting their butts STRAIGHT like OUR parents did for us??? WE have FAILED AS A SOCIETY in the instruction of our children where OUR parents/grandparents did NOT fail us. AND, we've just GIVEN our kids way TOO MUCH!!! It's to the point where some or most feel/believe that they don't HAVE to WORK or stay out of trouble because Mom and/or Dad will bail them out and pay their way ALL THEIR LIVES!!! Our children are going to have LESS than US instead of MORE because of THIS attitude. Whereas, most of the time, each generation has bettered themselves and had a little more than the generation BEFORE them...the majority of THIS GENERATION won't and don't, I can assure you of THAT!!! SOME of our kids are sooo LAZY that they expect EVERYTHING to be handed to them. They seem to think this: "Well, why should WE have to WORK? After all, Mom and/or Dad has ALWAYS handed to us BEFORE and we've NEVER had to work, have we?" AND, you know what???...THEY ARE RIGHT!!! Most have NEVER even had any chores, have they? Jezz, I HAVE to STOP now. It may seem that I've gotten WAY off topic. BUT, I do believe this IS and DOES explain why so many marriages FAIL and are considered over-rated in this new millenium. We've made SELFISH children who grow up to be SELFISH adults andTWO selfish people in a marriage NEVER, EVER WORKS! Oh Lord, when I get started on this subject...I get carried away! Sigh, I hope everyone understands what I'm TRYING to say here and I've not offended ANYONE! If I have, I am TRULY sorry, that was NOT my intention. BUT, it's JMO anyway, Right? right... PEACE

I should of read the posts before posting, I would of definitely just copied this one...............

9/8/2008 7:23:26 PM Is marriage in the new millenium over-rated?  

sassi_nepa
Factoryville, PA

If marriage is over-rated in this day and age, it is not only because it is valued less or because ppl look for instant gratification today. These are valid points and definitely affect marital outcomes in the 21st century, but consider marriages in the past: when divorce was taboo and unacceptable, couples stayed together no matter what. Abuse, unhappiness...didn't matter, you just put up with it. Was that truly better? Somewhere in between the value of the past and the lack thereof in the present, I hope there are more good choices in the future, for humanity in general. A "traditional" family, even with both parents working, is a better environment for the partners and for the children, if any are involved. It's also a great example to children on so many levels: teamwork, cooperation, sacrifice...the list can go on and on.

In general, marriage is over-rated today. In particular, hopefully more people will make good decisions before entering into the biggest commitment in life and we can see a resurgence in strong partnerships.

Everyone needs to realize that a good family health plan and a warm body in the bed next to you are not enough....at least it isn't for me.

9/8/2008 7:28:31 PM Is marriage in the new millenium over-rated?  

hugsnlaughter
McKeesport, PA

I don't think marriage is overrated. I think many people are not willing to fight for what's important and be willing to compromise and know that it may not always be exactly 50/50 and still be ok with that. Communication, Love and Laughter are the Keys I think.

9/9/2008 5:05:33 AM Is marriage in the new millenium over-rated?  

thebestman
Alpharetta, GA

thanks.

9/9/2008 5:10:10 AM Is marriage in the new millenium over-rated?  

fionaflyhight
Jacksonville, FL

I think that if you plan to marry someone, it kind of falls into the "common sense" factors that you actually know your in an 'IN love', rather than just 'love who they are' stage. People change, it's a fact. But true heart-felt emotions normally don't.

If you plan on marrying a man/woman. Think about everything first. That person may not be as right for you as you first thought. If its true love, theres no need to rush. Take it slow, and wait untill your for sure if their your Mr. or Mrs. Right.

Page: 1, 2, 3