Select your best hookup:
Local
Gay
Asian
Latin
East Europe

legitimate free online hookup sites

Just about anyone is going to Google your name before they meet you these days, explained Wealthy Matta, CEO of ReputationDefender, a service that promises to cleanse your on the internet presence. hookups fremont ca I agree that my list is a lot of queries, it s far more about selecting the ones that you really feel are the most crucial to you. I hope that you are enjoying all conversation concerns subjects that have been made. www benaughty com thank you However, attraction runs a lot deeper than looks.

top rated free hookup sites

E mail updates on news, actions, events in your region, and extra. singles groups in pensacola fl I have decided that I will commence to send letters and notes to his parents, in order to retain in touch with them at least. Yvonne later mentioned to Sinéad that she liked quantity 1 but changed her mind because I was a bit too merry. find horny girls on snapchat And you might discover extra about a possible romantic partner by observing and letting conversation flow than by asking pre set inquiries.

Home  Sign In  Search  Date Ideas  Join  Forums  Groups

Page: 1, 2, 3
9/22/2008 9:34:51 AM 100 women of the century my ass  

paken
Bonneau, SC

In Memory of
my brother-in-law
LT. C. Thomsen Wieland
who spent 100 days at the Hanoi Hilton

IF YOU NEVER FORWARDED
ANYTHING IN YOUR LIFE FORWARD THIS
SO THAT EVERYONE WILL KNOW!!!!!!

She really was a traitor

A TRAITOR IS ABOU T TO BE HONORED
KEEP THIS MOVING ACROSS AMERICA

This is for all the kids born in the 70's who do
not remember, and didn't have to bear the
burden that our fathers, mothers and older
brothers and sisters had to bear.

Jane Fonda is being honored as one of the
'100 Women of the Century.'

BY BARBRA WALTERS

Unfortunately, many have forgotten and still
countless others have never known how Ms.
Fonda betrayed not only the idea of our country,
but specific men who served and sacrificed
during Vietnam

The first part of this is from an F-4E pilot
The pilot's name is Jerry Driscoll, a River Rat.

In 1968, the former Commandant of the USAF
Survival School was a POW in Ho Lo Prison
the 'Hanoi Hilton.'

Dragged from a stinking cesspit of a cell,
cleaned, fed, and dressed in clean PJ's, he was
ordered to describe for a visiting American
'Peace Activist' the 'lenient and humane
treatment' he'd received.

He spat at Ms. Fonda,
was clubbed and was dragged away.
During the subsequent beating, he fell forward
on to the camp Commandant 's feet which
sent that officer berserk

In 1978, the Air Force Colonel still suffered from
double vision (which permanently ended his
flying career) from the Commandant's frenzied
application of a wooden baton.
From 1963-65, Col. Larry Carrigan was in the
47FW/DO (F-4E's). He spent 6 years in the
'Hanoi Hilton',,, the first three of which his
family only knew he was 'missing in action'.
His wife lived on faith that he was still alive.
His group, too, got the cleaned-up, fed and
clothed routine in preparation for a
'peace delegation' visit.
T hey, however, had time and devised a plan to
get word to the world that they were alive
and st ill survived.. & ;nbs;Each man secreted a tiny
piece of paper, with his Social Security Number
on it, in the palm of his hand..

When paraded before Ms. Fonda and a
cameraman, she walked the line, shaking each
man's hand and asking little encouraging
snippets like: 'Aren't you sorry you bombed
babies?' and 'Are you grateful for the humane
treatment from your benevolent captors?'
Believing this HAD to be an act, they each
palmed her their sliver of paper.
She took them all without missing a beat. At the
end of the line and once the camera stopped
rolling, to the shocked disbelief of the POWs,
she turned to the officer in charge and handed
him all the little pieces of paper.

Three men died from the subsequent beatings.
Colonel Carrigan was almost number four
but he survived, which is the only reason we
know of her actions that day.

I was a civilian economic development advisor
in Vietnam , and was captured by the North
Vietnamese communists in South Vietnam in
1968, and held prisoner for over 5 years.

I spent 27 months in solitary confinement; one
year in a cage in Cambodia ; and one year
in a 'black box' in Hanoi .
My North Vietnamese captors deliberately
poisoned and murdered a female missionary, a
nurse in a leprosarium in Ban me Thuot, South
Vietnam , whom I buried in the jungle near the
Cambodian border.
At one time, I weighed only about 90 lbs.
(My normal weight is 170 lbs.)

We were Jane Fonda's 'war criminals.'
&nb sp; When Jane Fonda was in Hanoi , I was asked by
the camp communist political officer if I would
be willing to meet with her.

I said yes, for I wanted to tell her about the real
treatment we POWs received... and how
different it was from the treatment purported by
the North Vietnamese, and parroted by her as
'humane and lenient.'

Because of this, I spent three days on a rocky
floor on my knees, with my arms outstretched
with a large steel weights placed on my hands,
and beaten with a bamboo cane.

I had the opportunity to meet with Jane Fonda
soon after I was released.
I asked her if she would be willing to debate me on TV.
She never did answer me.

These first-hand experiences do not exemplify
someone who should be honored as part
of '100 Years of Great Women.'
Lest we forget...' 100 Years of Great Women'
should never include a traitor whose hands are
covered with the blood of so many patriots.

There are few things I have strong visceral
reactions to, but Hanoi Jane's participation in
blatant treason, is one of them.
Please take the time to forward to as many
people as you possibly can.
It will eventually end up on her computer and
she needs to know that we will never forget.
RONALD D. SAMPSON, CMSgt, USAF
716 Maintenance Squadron, Chief of
Maintenance

PLEASE HELP BY SENDING THIS TO
EVERYONE IN YOUR ADDRESS BOOK. IF
ENOUGH PEOPLE SEE THIS MAYBE HER
STATUS WILL CHANGE
NOTE: We mightwant to see who this crow bait is supporting for President.

9/22/2008 10:21:10 AM 100 women of the century my ass  

vet61
Farmington, IL

Only one word comes to mind........ B*TCH!!!!!!!!!

9/22/2008 10:52:29 AM 100 women of the century my ass  

twohawks
Bothell, WA

www.snopes.com/military/fonda.asp

That incident at the Hanoi Hilton didn't happen. That is a hoax and it's been floating around the net for several years.

9/22/2008 11:02:15 AM 100 women of the century my ass  

vet61
Farmington, IL

Ya think??????????

Another student had requested the transcript of Jane Fonda's radio address which she had broadcast in North Vietnam. This transcription, dated August 22, 1972 was made from her Hotel Especen broadcast in Hanoi at 7:11 p.m.

The following was submitted in the U.S. Congress House Committee on Internal Security, Travel to Hostile Areas. [HR16742, 19-25 September 1972, page 761]

[Broadcast]

This is Jane Fonda. During my two week visit in the Democratic Republic of Vietnam, I've had the opportunity to visit a great many places and speak to a large number of people from all walks of life- workers, peasants, students, artists and dancers, historians, journalists, film actresses, soldiers, militia girls, members of the women's union, writers.

I visited the (Dam Xuac) agricultural coop, where the silk worms are also raised and thread is made. I visited a textile factory, a kindergarten in Hanoi. The beautiful Temple of Literature was where I saw traditional dances and heard songs of resistance. I also saw unforgettable ballet about the guerrillas training bees in the south to attack enemy soldiers. The bees were danced by women, and they did their job well.

In the shadow of the Temple of Literature I saw Vietnamese actors and actresses perform the second act of Arthur Miller's play All My Sons, and this was very moving to me- the fact that artists here are translating and performing American plays while US imperialists are bombing their country.

I cherish the memory of the blushing militia girls on the roof of their factory, encouraging one of their sisters as she sang a song praising the blue sky of Vietnam- these women, who are so gentle and poetic, whose voices are so beautiful, but who, when American planes are bombing their city, become such good fighters.

I cherish the way a farmer evacuated from Hanoi, without hesitation, offered me, an American, their best individual bomb shelter while US bombs fell near by. The daughter and I, in fact, shared the shelter wrapped in each others arms, cheek against cheek. It was on the road back from Nam Dinh, where I had witnessed the systematic destruction of civilian targets- schools, hospitals, pagodas, the factories, houses, and the dike system.

As I left the United States two weeks ago, Nixon was again telling the American people that he was winding down the war, but in the rubble- strewn streets of Nam Dinh, his words echoed with sinister (words indistinct) of a true killer. And like the young Vietnamese woman I held in my arms clinging to me tightly- and I pressed my cheek against hers- I thought, this is a war against Vietnam perhaps, but the tragedy is America's.

One thing that I have learned beyond a shadow of a doubt since I've been in this country is that Nixon will never be able to break the spirit of these people; he'll never be able to turn Vietnam, north and south, into a neo- colony of the United States by bombing, by invading, by attacking in any way. One has only to go into the countryside and listen to the peasants describe the lives they led before the revolution to understand why every bomb that is dropped only strengthens their determination to resist. I've spoken to many peasants who talked about the days when their parents had to sell themselves to landlords as virtually slaves, when there were very few schools and much illiteracy, inadequate medical care, when they were not masters of their own lives.

But now, despite the bombs, despite the crimes being created- being committed against them by Richard Nixon, these people own their own land, build their own schools- the children learning, literacy- illiteracy is being wiped out, there is no more prostitution as there was during the time when this was a French colony. In other words, the people have taken power into their own hands, and they are controlling their own lives.

And after 4,000 years of struggling against nature and foreign invaders- and the last 25 years, prior to the revolution, of struggling against French colonialism- I don't think that the people of Vietnam are about to compromise in any way, shape or form about the freedom and independence of their country, and I think Richard Nixon would do well to read Vietnamese history, particularly their poetry, and particularly the poetry written by Ho Chi Minh.

[Edited 9/22/2008 11:11:39 AM]

9/22/2008 11:23:41 AM 100 women of the century my ass  

vet61
Farmington, IL

Need more proof?

9/22/2008 11:34:11 AM 100 women of the century my ass  

vet61
Farmington, IL

I hate to disagree with you Top, but Hanoi Jane is a traitor!

9/22/2008 11:42:45 AM 100 women of the century my ass  

justme68
Cleveland, OH

Her movies sucked also! LOL! Peace.

9/22/2008 12:56:36 PM 100 women of the century my ass  

paken
Bonneau, SC

SMG,I recieved this in an email and passed it on for what it was worth.I don't remember seeing it before.I ck'ed Snopes and there are some diclaimers but there are a enough direct quotes attributed to Fonda to add a bit of truth to the statement.I do recall a picture of her sitting on an artilary field piece.I think they had treat the gun with pinicillin afterwards.

9/22/2008 1:52:39 PM 100 women of the century my ass  

vet61
Farmington, IL

To her credit, during a 20/20 television interview sixteen years later in 1988 with Barbara Walters, Jane Fonda apologized for her incredibly bad judgement in going to North Vietnam and allowing herself to be used as a propaganda vehicle.

"I would like to say something, not just to Vietnam veterans in New England, but to men who were in Vietnam, who I hurt, or whose pain I caused to deepen because of things that I said or did," she began. "I was trying to help end the killing and the war, but there were times when I was thoughtless and careless about it and I'm . . . very sorry that I hurt them. And I want to apologize to them and their families."

9/22/2008 2:57:42 PM 100 women of the century my ass  

theothergman
Michigan, ND

Jane Fonda is a worthless excuse of a woman and deserves to be pissed on. In every urinal at Rhein-Main AB in the mid 80s, we had Hanoi Jane urinal stickers. She's a worthless piece of shit.

9/22/2008 3:03:49 PM 100 women of the century my ass  

paken
Bonneau, SC

IMO she should have been given the Ethel Rosenberg suite.

9/22/2008 3:54:56 PM 100 women of the century my ass  

not2timid
Rockford, IL

The "List" was compiled by the magazine Ladies Home Journal Not Barbara Walters.

It is of my opinion that this list of The 100 Most Important Women of the 20th Century does come out as misleading as it is only an opinion of those who voted when the list was compile. Jane Fonda is on that list under the category or "artists and entertainers" Even with that point of view my own thoughts can not agree. Unless of course those who are voting made the "worst" list. Think of it... even on DH there are some that would make the most popular by reason of negative not positive reasoning.

Barbara Walters did not make that list... nor is she on the list published in the book with the same title.

OK... on a lighter note I am including a quote on Who Jane Fonda acknowledged as...

Who did Jane Fonda say popped into her mind as the most influential woman of the century? Coco Chanel! Fonda explains: "And here’s why: She freed us from the corset."

These are not my opinions, they are facts.

9/22/2008 4:25:27 PM 100 women of the century my ass  

highlandscout
Tonasket, WA

i am reporting finds... I do not know the answer.
this is, as per the below page 2, the same email substance that starts this thread.
(Continued from Page 2)

http://urbanlegends.about.com/od/janefonda/a/hanoi_jane_3.htm

There is no disputing the fact that Jane Fonda toured North Vietnam, engaged in what amount to a propaganda campaign on behalf of the communists, and participated in an orchestrated "press conference" with American POWs in 1972. There is no denying that she defamed the POWs by whitewashing their treatment in Viet Cong prison camps and later calling them liars when they spoke out.

But how true are the further allegations in these email rumors? Let's examine their veracity point by point, beginning with the most serious:

Claim: Fonda betrayed POWs by turning over slips of paper they gave her to their captors. POWs were beaten and died as a result.

"It's a figment of somebody's imagination," says Ret. Col. Larry Carrigan, whom I reached by phone at his home in Arizona. Carrigan, who was shot down over North Vietnam in 1967, says he has no idea why this story was attributed to him. "I never met Jane Fonda," he told me. It goes without saying he never handed her a secret message.

He said he did see Jane Fonda once while he was a POW – on film. The occasion was a night when Carrigan and the other 80 or so men he was interned with were called out into the prison courtyard – "the first time we'd been outside under the stars in 5 or 6 years." As the men stood there wondering what was in store for them, a movie projector began whirring behind them. Their captors were showing them footage of Fonda's 1972 visit to Hanoi.

Claim: A POW spat at Fonda, for which he was brutally beaten.

This story is attributed in the email to former Air Force pilot Jerry Driscoll, who says it's false and did not originate from him. I wasn't able to speak with him directly, but Mike McGrath and Paul Galanti, fellow officers of the Nam-POWs organization to which Driscoll belongs, told me he unequivocally disavows the story.

[UPDATE: After this commentary was written I received personal confirmation from Jerry Driscoll that the story is indeed bogus – as he put it, "the product of a very vivid imagination."]

Mike McGrath, currently serving as the president of Nam-POWs, has worked hard to help Driscoll and Carrigan squelch the false rumors circulating under their names.

"They would like to get their names removed but the story seems to have a life of its own," he told me. "There are a lot of folks out there who would love to have a story like that to hang their hat and their hate on."

Claim: POWs were beaten for refusing to cooperate or meet with Fonda during her visit.

The final anecdote in the "Hanoi Jane" email recounts the experience of a POW who agreed to meet with Fonda but announced to his captors that he planned on telling her how horrid conditions in North Vietnamese prison camps really were.

"Because of this," the narrative continues, "I spent three days on a rocky floor on my knees with outstretched arms with a piece of steel placed on my hands, and beaten with a bamboo cane every time my arms dipped."

Those words were written by Michael Benge, a civilian advisor captured by the Viet Cong in 1968 and held as a POW for 5 years. When I contacted him, Benge confirmed that the story was indeed his own, and true.

Benge's original statement, entitled "Shame on Jane," was published in April 1999 by the Advocacy and Intelligence Network for POWs and MIAs. The nameless, faceless author of the "Hanoi Jane" email evidently picked it up from that or another Web page or newsgroup and combined it with fabricated stories to create the much-forwarded message. Some versions now circulate with Benge's name appended, others quote his statement anonymously.

Ex-POW: 'None of us are members of the Jane Fonda Fan Club'

A good cause is never well served by lies, and that's how all of the ex-POWs I spoke or corresponded with about the falsehoods in this message felt. Paul Galanti said: "None of us are members of the Jane Fonda Fan Club, but these fabrications are something she just did not do."

No one had an answer to the questions, "Who made up these stories, and why?" but both Carrigan and McGrath expressed serious doubt that it was a POW.

"She did enough to place her name in the trash bin of history," McGrath explained. "None of us need to make up stories on her."

Jane Fonda could not be reached for comment.

More: Readers' Responses to 'Hanoi Jane' - "As a Vietnam vet '68-'69, I think "Hanoi Jane" should have been field stripped, tried for treason, convicted, dragged through the streets screaming her North Vietnamese slogans, and buried in the federal prison system for the rest of her sorry-assed life!!!!!"

[Edited 9/22/2008 4:27:47 PM]

9/22/2008 4:32:57 PM 100 women of the century my ass  

highlandscout
Tonasket, WA

http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/h/hanoijane.htm

Summary of Rumor:
In protest of Jane Fonda being considered as one of the top 100 women of the century, this email reminds Americans of her controversial visit to North Vietnam during the war. It quotes a POW named Jerry Driscoll who was taken from his prison cell, cleaned and dressed for a visit with Fonda, then ordered to give Fonda a positive account of his treatment. He spit at Fonda and was beaten and dragged away. Then a group of POWs which included a Col. Larry Carrigan were brought out to visit with Fonda. According to the story, "...she walked the line, shaking each man's hand and asking little encouraging snippets like: "Aren't you sorry you bombed babies?" & "Are you grateful for the humane treatment from your benevolent captors?" Many of the POW's were listed as missing in action so to identify themselves to American authorities, they each wrote their Social Security numbers on small pieces of paper and slipped them to Fonda as she greeted them. To their horror, however, after Fonda finished meeting them, she turned to the North Vietnamese commanding officer and handed him the POW's pieces of paper. In the beatings that followed, three American POW's died and Col. Carrigan nearly died. The email then ends with a statement about events in North Vietnam from an unnamed American POW.
bullet

The Truth:
This story hearkens to a real visit to North Vietnam by Jane Fonda in July of 1972, but the stories about betraying POWs is not true.

The Fonda trip became unforgettable because it infuriated Americans, especially Americans in uniform, many of whom still regard her as a traitor. She praised the North Vietnamese, posed for a photo at a Communist anti-aircraft gun emplacement, made several radio broadcasts for the Communist North Vietnamese in which she called American military leaders "war criminals," then when some of the POWs returned home and described mistreatment by the North Vietnamese, she said Americans should "...not hail the POWs as heroes, because they are hypocrites and liars."

There is no dispute that her visit took place and that her words and actions were in support of the enemy. This particular email includes three stories, two of which have been denied by the POWs who are named, and one of which has been confirmed as true by the source, although he was not named in the email.

First, the "100 Women of the Century" was a project of the Ladies Home Journal and a TV special hosted by Barbara Walters. Jane Fonda was one of the 100. How the email story about the POWs got started is not known, but it has been widely circulated.

TruthOrFiction.com located Jerry Driscoll who said that the accounts about him in the email are "...the product of a very vivid imagination" and he requests that people please stop passing it on to others.

TruthOrFiction.com also contacted Mike McGrath, of Nam-POWs, who says the Larry Carrigan events never happened either. He says Carrigan calls the story a "hoax" and does not want to be associated with it. McGrath also says that some versions of the email include an account from a Dave Hoffman and that his story is true. Hoffman says he was tortured (hung by a broken arm) until he agreed to go before Jane Fonda. He was among a small group who witnessed one of her radio broadcasts for Hanoi. The part of the email that begins with "To Whom it may concern" is true. It's a quote from an article titled SHAME ON JANE originally published on the Advocacy And Intelligence Index website on April 28, 1999 and written by Michael Benge who was a civilian captured by the North Vietnamese in 1968.
|In his statement, he also makes reference to a missionary nurse who died in captivity.
For your interest, that was Betty Olsen, a Christian Missionary Alliance nurse from New York.

In 1988 in an interview with Barbara Walters on 20/20, Jane Fonda talked about her Vietnam visit and issued what some feel was an apology but which her critics say was not enough.
Fonda said, "I would like to say something, not just to Vietnam veterans in New England, but to men who were in Vietnam, who I hurt, or whose pain I caused to deepen because of the things that I said or did. I was trying to help end the killing and the war, but there were times when I was thoughtless and careless about it and I'm...very sorry that I hurt them. And I want to apologize to them and their families."

In 2005, Fonda published her autobiography in which she described in detail her decision to go to North Vietnam. She said it was primarily motivated by her desire to document the U.S. bombing of important dikes that, if destroyed, could kill tens of thousands of people and devastate the lives of millions. The U.S. had denied the bombings. In the book, Fonda is unapologetic about the trip or her participation in broadcasts on radio Hanoi but regrets the pictures taken of her at the gun emplacement. She said it made it appear as though she was celebrating armaments aimed at American planes, which was not how she felt and was not the context in which the pictures were taken. She reminds readers that the U.S. investigated her trip and found no reason to bring any charges against her. She also describes her longstanding support of, and interaction with, U.S. military personnel and says her only beef was with the U.S. government, not the troops.

[Edited 9/22/2008 4:34:15 PM]

9/22/2008 4:36:09 PM 100 women of the century my ass  

judge15235
James Creek, PA

Thanks Paken , Thanks Scout !! Angel & I agree 100% she deserves to be treated as a traitor and a true B****H

Page: 1, 2, 3