Select your best hookup:
Local
Gay
Asian
Latin
East Europe

the listcrawler

When I arrived, she was munching a Twix chocolate bar and had clearly gained three stone due to the fact posing for the image. lake city personals The call was full of discoveries, and the much more we talked, the more we learned about our interconnected social circles. I didn t realise he lives in this tiny flat with 4 people, who have been all in there. streamate apk Plenty of people today have located achievement on dating internet sites and apps—and some have even discovered lifelong partners.

real hookups review

There is somebody I have been interested in for years and you are the only particular person that can get this message to him. redding speed dating Owning a pet is a big duty and a huge commitment. If you re really stuck, try sending some thing like What s up? This keeps your tone uncomplicated and casual but nevertheless invites a response from the individual you are messaging. estonia dating app Leaning on somebody else below the duress of divorce is hardly a foundation for relationship accomplishment.

Home  Sign In  Search  Date Ideas  Join  Forums  Groups

Page: 1, 2
10/11/2008 6:55:47 AM And you call yourselves Veterans!  

vet61
Farmington, IL

I recently made a post about a family friend that was killed in Iraq. Many of you responded with sympathy and pride. Some however, can't put their anger and personal problems aside, to honor a fallen Hero! Many people have asked me why I don't come here anymore. This is why.
When Veterans harbor resentment over honoring the fallen, I want nothing to do with them!
In case you are wondering, we buried PFC Christopher A. Bartkiewicz today. He was a close family friend.
Thanks, and enjoy your Group!

10/11/2008 7:40:47 AM And you call yourselves Veterans!  

anniebrown
Warrington, PA

My thoughts and prayers are with you and the family

10/11/2008 8:26:25 AM And you call yourselves Veterans!  

jules58
Peoria, IL

Find this page online at:

http://www.armystudyguide.com/content/army_board_study_guide_topics/customs_and_courtesies/bugler-playing-taps-in-mp3.shtml

This is a high quality sound clip of a bugler playing "Taps" in MP3 format.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

"TAPS" Lyrics:

Day is done,
gone the sun,
from the lakes
from the hills
from the sky,
all is well,
safely, rest,
God is near.
Fading light,
Dims the sight,
And a star gems the sky
Gleaming bright,
From afar,
Drawing, near,
Falls the night.
Thanks and praise,
For our days,
Neath the sun
Neath the stars
Neath the sky,
As we go,
This, we, know,
God is near.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

History of Taps:

The 24-note bugle call known as "Taps" is thought to be a revision of a French bugle signal, called "tattoo", that notified soldiers to cease an evening's drinking and return to their barracks or garrisons. It was sounded one hour before the bugle call that brought the military day to an end by ordering the extinguishing of fires and lights. The last five measures of the "tattoo" resemble the modern day "Taps."

The word "Taps" is an alteration of the obsolete word "taptoo", derived from the Dutch "taptoe". "Taptoe" was the command -- Tap toe! -- to shut (toe to) the tap of a keg.

The revision that gave us present-day "Taps" was made during America's Civil War by Union Gen. Daniel Adams Butterfield, heading a brigade camped at Harrison Landing, Va., near Richmond.

Up to that time, the U.S. Army's infantry call to end the day was the French final call, "Extinction des feux". Gen. Butterfield decided the "lights out" music was too formal to signal the day's end.

One day in July 1862, he recalled the "tattoo music" and hummed a version of it to an aide, who wrote it down in music. Butterfield then asked the brigade bugler, Oliver W. Norton, to play the notes and, after listening, lengthened and shortened them while keeping his original melody.

He ordered Norton to play this new call at the end of each day thereafter, instead of the regulation call. The music was heard and appreciated by other brigades, who asked for copies and adopted this bugle call. It was even adopted by Confederate buglers. This music was made the official Army bugle call after the war, but not given the name "Taps" until 1874.

The first time "Taps" was played at a military funeral may also have been in Virginia soon after Butterfield composed it. Union Capt. John Tidball, head of an artillery battery, ordered it played for the burial of a cannoneer killed in action. Not wanting to reveal the battery's position in the woods to the enemy nearby, Tidball substituted "Taps" for the traditional three rifle volleys fired over the grave.

"Taps" was played at the funeral of Confederate Gen. Stonewall Jackson 10 months after it was composed. Army infantry regulations by 1891 required "Taps" to be played at military funeral ceremonies.

"Taps" now is played by the military at burial and memorial services and is still used to signal "lights out" at day's end.

My earnest and heartfelt prayers~n~thoughts are most certainly with Christopher, his beloved family, dear friends, fellow soldiers and veterans, and all whom his brief life touched.

Christopher was called "home" by our Father, to rest, in eternal peace, in His Kingdom of Heaven, forevermore.

God Bless you Christopher, and THANK YOU, for fightin' for our "Freedoms" (which are NOT "Free"), and bravely defendin' our Country!

And, in closing:

~The Serenity Prayer~

God, grant me the serenity, to accept the things I cannot change,

The courage to change, the things
I can, and,

The wisdom, to know the difference.

Amen

[Edited 10/11/2008 8:29:33 AM]

10/11/2008 8:53:02 AM And you call yourselves Veterans!  

lostinwyoming
Evanston, WY

vet61,sorry i missed your first thread,been a lil busy lately. sorry to hear about another fallen hero.may he rest in peace and god bless him and his family.

a tribute to all past,present and future fallen hero's. rest in peace.

10/11/2008 10:07:26 AM And you call yourselves Veterans!  

lilguppy2bit
Auburn, WA

Mike am very saddened to hear of your family friend, but I don't get in here
or even on as much as I used to. you have my apology and my my prayers for his
family and friends, and that includes you. Thank you for this post. I am
saddened by your loss.
Bettye

10/11/2008 10:10:40 AM And you call yourselves Veterans!  

twohawks
Bothell, WA

http://www.west-point.org/taps/Taps.html
The story of the origin of Taps as p[osted above is not true. Go the the site posted and that will tell you where and how Taps got started.

10/11/2008 11:16:48 AM And you call yourselves Veterans!  

highlandscout
Tonasket, WA

Good lead Two Hawks!

I came back from my search to find yours already here!

And from the same URL Two Hawks gives above at West Point... the little bit below:

...Jari A. Villanueva, [email protected] is a bugler and bugle historian.
...He was the curator of the Taps Bugle Exhibit http://www.arlingtoncemetery.com/tapsproj.htm at Arlington National Cemetery from 1999-2002. He has been a member of the United States Air Force Band since 1985 and is considered the country's foremost authority on the bugle call of Taps.

...His website, www.tapsbugler.com includes a history of Taps, performance information and guidelines for funerals, finding buglers for sounding calls, many photos of bugles and buglers, music for bugle calls, stories and myths about Taps, Taps at the JFK funeral, ordering his 60 page booklet on Taps (24 Notes That Tap Deep Emotions) and many links to bugle related sites. Jari is also working on book on the History of Bugle Call in the United States Military.

As soon as Taps was sounded that night in July 1862, words were put with the music. The first were, "Go To Sleep, Go to Sleep." As the years went on many more versions were created. There are no official words to the music but here are some of the more popular verses:

Day is done, gone the sun,
From the hills, from the lake,
From the sky.
All is well, safely rest,
God is nigh.

Go to sleep, peaceful sleep,
May the soldier or sailor,
God keep.
On the land or the deep,
Safe in sleep.

Love, good night, Must thou go,
When the day, And the night
Need thee so?
All is well. Speedeth all
To their rest.

Fades the light; And afar
Goeth day, And the stars
Shineth bright,
Fare thee well; Day has gone,
Night is on.

Thanks and praise, For our days,
'Neath the sun, Neath the stars,
'Neath the sky,
As we go, This we know,
God is nigh.

10/11/2008 7:21:39 PM And you call yourselves Veterans!  

candyme40
Forsyth, GA

I am very sorry for this fallen hero and will keep you and his family in my prayers.

10/11/2008 8:17:42 PM And you call yourselves Veterans!  

judit0606
Big Stone Gap, VA

OH, NO, MIKE!!! OMG...I'm sooo sorry for your loss!!! It's been a wHile since I've checked in here. What's going on? What are you so upset over? Email me

10/11/2008 10:12:35 PM And you call yourselves Veterans!  

keykeper34
Boise, ID

I missed your original post

Sorry to hear you lost your close family friend. PFC Christopher A. Bartkie

May your sorrow be replaced with his loving kind memory.

10/11/2008 11:56:31 PM And you call yourselves Veterans!  

iromeo
Jordan Valley, OR

Sorry for the loss of another of America's finest.
I am not sure when TAPs was first played at military funerals. I am a disabled vet with 22 years in the Army 1967 to 1989. I was involved in the casualty reporting system during several assignments in my career. I have been the survivor assistance officer at a number of funerals. One thing I always made sure of was that I had a live Bugler to play TAPs there is nothing more embarrasing than to be honoring a fallen soldier than to have a worn out distorted taped version of TAPs played. While assigned to the Presidio of San Francisco I was periodically the SDO. The SDO was responsible for providing recordings of TAPs when needed for Military Funerals in the Bay Area. One night while on duty I played several copies of the tapes and found them scratching, notes missing ect so I threw them all away and had the 6th Army Band make up new ones. When we are honoring our fallen soldiers it is imperative that we do it in a solumn tasteful manor with all of the respect that they truly deserve.

10/12/2008 1:13:04 AM And you call yourselves Veterans!  

lcl38
Everett, MA

So sorry for your loss Mike.You already know what I've been doing the past month,so sorry i missed the thread

10/12/2008 5:01:10 AM And you call yourselves Veterans!  

leftyl8
Horseheads, NY

sorry for your loss bro. hang in there.

10/12/2008 8:31:07 AM And you call yourselves Veterans!  

lilguppy2bit
Auburn, WA

if you want to you can call me anytime, you have my #.
Am always avail. to family and friends.
Bettye

10/12/2008 10:26:47 AM And you call yourselves Veterans!  

vet61
Farmington, IL

Chris was laid to rest, 24 hours ago. I guess that some people harbor resentment over respect.

Page: 1, 2