Select your best hookup:
Local
Gay
Asian
Latin
East Europe

listcrawler

I had held in a fart for like 10 hours, and when I ultimately left your location I let it all out. fort morgan singles They would mistreat me, emotionally manipulate me, at times contact me names when we re fighting and one of them even went as far as to hit me. Did you know that any behavior is just a façade for a enormous internal interaction taking place underneath? Story Celebration is taking place at the Greek Campus on Sunday, August 19th locate out much more right here. rubmaps guide He drove to the checkpoint to choose me up, and we went to his hangout locations and even caught a movie collectively.

sites like rubmaps

She was upset but understood — or so I believed. dating network chicago He is nevertheless the same type, thoughtful, sincere, and loyal man I met that day. How do you break the ice and get to know one yet another? You are in luck because we ve currently hand chosen the funniest and quirkiest inquiries to ask on a first date. view private meetme profiles Around 75 % of Hinge users opt to go on a second date after meeting their matches.

Home  Sign In  Search  Date Ideas  Join  Forums  Singles Groups

2/23/2009 12:47:50 PM Eating Healthy  

nosceteipsum21
Santa Ana, CA

Healthy lifestyles fascinate me, so therefore i read a lot of the posts on the dieting and weight loss forums, and one of the biggest problems I've seen is people giving up on healthy food for gimics and pills... I have heard this time and time again, well healthy food is expensive and i wouldn't know where to start... Does anyone else see that as a huge problem with our society? where we don't know where to start when it comes to healthy choices? Well anyway besides my pointing out the obvious I am here to start a new type of thread, this thread is only designed for 1 purpose, please add a healthy meal you eat during your day, meaning how much is used, how long its cooked, and even maybe how much it costs, i figure the best advice people can give is correct advice, So now when people ask where do i start all they need to do is look at this thread and they will be able to find a number of HEALTHY meals that they can prepare.

P.S. before i begin, i am asking for the sake of this thread that people who honestly dont know what they are talking about or those people who are so inclined to say things like eat less, dont eat, or even to suggest crazy diet tips to just stop, this is a HEALTHY eating forum.

Lunch: My healthy version of Chicken & Rice soup

1 can of Chicken Broth
1/4 cup of brown rice
1 CAN of chicken (just like the cans of tuna)

If you like: add carrots & celery to this mix as well

Take the chicken broth and put it in a pot with the can of chicken, let it come to a boil, while you are doing this put 2 cups of water in another bowl and cook the brown rice, once they are both done mix the brown rice with the chicken broth & there you have it an extremely healthy meal that takes 10 minutes to prepare and only costs about $2.50...

2/23/2009 4:18:54 PM Eating Healthy  

binderdundat
Over 1,000 Posts (1,831)
Metairie, LA

I start my day off, every morning, with the following muffin. It's a cranberry, raisin, flaxseed, oat, bran muffin. It makes a dozen and is approximately 175 calories, 3 grams of fat, 20 mg of cholesterol, 41 mg of salt, 36 grams of carbs, (6 grams of dietary fiber, 18 grams of sugar) and 5 grams of protein. AND... they taste delicious!!

1c whole grain oats (not the quick cook kind)
1c whole wheat flour
1c bran (I use all-bran with extra fiber, and I crush it so it's in smaller pieces)
1c water
1c cranberries and raisins (whichever mix you prefer)
1/3c ground flaxseed
1/3c sugar
1 egg
1c skim milk (if you use 2% or whole, the calorie count changes)
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda (dissolved in the cup of milk)
Cinnamon to taste
1 individual serving of applesauce (those lunch size ones)

Boil cranberries and raisins in water for approximately 5 minutes; mix all other ingredients together. Add raisins and water to mixture, stir well. (I let mine sit for about 15 minutes... makes a better texture of muffin) Bake @ 350 degrees for 30 minutes.

These muffins are great for me. I never ate breakfast before, even knowing it was important to do so. I never had time to "sit and eat" breakfast, and many things that are made for "on the go" are nothing but fat and wasted calories. I bring my muffins to work and have one with my morning tea, but even if I couldn't eat at work, I would eat one on my way TO work. Takes 15 seconds to warm one in the microwave!

[Edited 2/23/2009 4:19:33 PM PST]

2/24/2009 6:12:36 AM Eating Healthy  

alicekathleen
Over 4,000 Posts! (6,217)
Sacramento, CA

I have been eating health-consciously for over 40 years, starting buying whole grains, natural foods, organic, etc
in my 20's. Breakfast today was Greek yoghurt with almonds, banana, and kiwi, and 1/2 slice whole grain bread
with unsalted peanut butter. The chicken soup recipe is fine, but I would use either homemade or unsalted broth.
I do NOT go, nor have I ever gone, to "fast food" joints such as McDonalds. Sure, I will have some candy or
pretzels once in a blue moon, but I am always thinking of the nutritional value and balance of what I see, so I
focus on fresh fruits, veggies, unsalted nuts, tofu, and the like. I am also a gourmet cook, and see no conflict
between delicious meals and healthful meals.

2/25/2009 5:58:53 AM Eating Healthy  

darlinshel
Over 2,000 Posts (3,300)
Clayton, NC

I actually find it cheaper to eat healthy. I think a mistake a lot of people make is getting pre-prepared so called healthy foods or pre-seasoned foods - they are way overpriced and full of additives, salt, sugar (corn syrup), etc. It's very easy to make healthy meals and freeze them in portions and avoid tv dinner type health meals for those with less time to cook during the week. I eat a lot of vegetarian based meals because of the cost, health benefits, and taste.

I have been trying new things with non-fat plain yogurt for many months now and can't remember the last time I bought mayo.

Most days I make a nice big salad for either dinner or lunch with whatever type of lettuce, fresh spinach, arugula, etc. mix I have at the time. I add black beans or chick peas, quinoa I have cooked or tofu or a lean meat - just some type of protein to make sure the salad will keep me full for hours, sprinkling of almonds or walnuts, sometimes a sprinkling of cheese, and various chopped veggies.

I make a dressing with the yogurt. I use a couple teaspoons full of non-fat plain yogurt, squeeze in some lime or lemon, salt and pepper to taste, alternate what herbs I use depending on what I want that day - basil or dill work well, sometimes make it spicy with cayenne and cumin. A little garlic can be good in it too. With the cayenne and cumin, that makes a great alternative for sauces/sour cream on fajitas, tacos, etc.

2/26/2009 4:54:15 AM Eating Healthy  
kylady3
Campbellsville, KY

Something I like real well and is easy is to make: a large salade , dress it and eat it in a pita ..some times I add chicken or beans or seasoned tofu hummus ,any thing you like ...very good and portable ..

2/26/2009 8:36:58 AM Eating Healthy  

merk135r
Over 2,000 Posts (2,365)
Fresno, CA

Home made protein pancakes

1/2 cup oatmeal
1 1/4 cup egg whites
1 banana
1 tblsp. peanut butter (optional)
Splenda to taste (optional)

blend have you have your batter. I microwave sugar free jelly for my syrup.

[Edited 2/26/2009 8:37:18 AM PST]

2/26/2009 1:08:56 PM Eating Healthy  

nosceteipsum21
Santa Ana, CA

Thats commitment right there, straight up... thats an awesome meal im actually gonna try that thx merk...

Breakfast: Eggs

5 Egg whites
1 Slice of Sharp Cheddar Cheese
1/4 cup of Diced Bell Pepper
2 Slices of Low-Sodium Turkey (Chopped to small pieces)

make an omelet out of it

Side: (Bulking atm so i have sides with some of my meals)
1/2 Green Apple
1/2 cup Plain Non-Fat Yogurt
1 Spoonful Organic Peanut Butter

Drink:
16oz of Whole Milk (Im Bulking so please don't copy this unless your attempting to build muscle) (I recommend 8-10oz of 1-2% fat milk for the sake of those dieting)

This forum is actually very impressive thus far guys gj

2/26/2009 1:19:28 PM Eating Healthy  

merk135r
Over 2,000 Posts (2,365)
Fresno, CA

Word, I'm bulking as well. I'm pretty much eating anything in site. It's hard for me to grow. I started at 165 (what you see in my pics) I'm now at 185. My short-term goal is to hit 200 with bf %10-12. I might lean out before bulking up to my long-term goal of 225 with bf% in single digits. I'll probably have to bulk to 235 and then lean out to 225.

3/31/2009 7:33:56 PM Eating Healthy  

acire03
Over 1,000 Posts (1,279)
Bethel, CT

Merk, no offense, but this is called weight loss and dieting....clearly you need to read more carefully, because you obviously don't need to lose weight and diet.

4/10/2009 9:24:03 PM Eating Healthy  

merk135r
Over 2,000 Posts (2,365)
Fresno, CA

Quote from acire03:
Merk, no offense, but this is called weight loss and dieting....clearly you need to read more carefully, because you obviously don't need to lose weight and diet.

lol, how do you think I have the physique I have? From losing weight and dieting. You act like I was born in shape. I "diet" everyday and if you were smart you would listen to my advice as I've figured out a few things, obviously.

4/11/2009 9:20:30 AM Eating Healthy  

grassfed
Powderly, TX

Rice, chicken, carrots! Not one of these so called foods are healthy foods that are fit to eat.

For proper weight and optimal body function (both physical and mental) do a search for "The Diet of Man." Select the article from Texas grass fed beef. Basically it says if you eat like a caveman, your body will revert to the old fashion height and weight charts in no time. In addition, most chronic diseases will subside or stop! To eat like a cavemen you must eliminate all foods invented by man. Man invented grain farming and grain as a food, so that's the primary culprit for all chronic diseases known. Believe it or not.

Rice is a high glycemic grain, chickens are grain-fed from conception, and carrots are high glycemic. These foods are a huge part of the problem, not the solution.

Ted

P.S. The foundation food for all animal life is the green leaf. The chemical properties of the seed (grain) of a grass plant differs significantly from that of the grass plant's green leaf. It's as simple as that.

4/11/2009 10:02:43 AM Eating Healthy  

grassfed
Powderly, TX

I copied some meals down below from the former post. The so called foods in them are mostly not fit to eat. The eggs come from grain-fed chickens, the cheese, yogurt, and milk from grain-fed cows, the turkey from turkeys fed grain from conception, and peanut butter -- a legume that is one of the most fungal contaminated foods of all. Probably loaded with hydrogenated oils too - a real poison.

My breakfast is several very high Omega-3 eggs (minimum 350 mg omega-3 per egg and I eat the whites and the yokes) and at least a 1/2 pound of grass-fed meat plus the fat. Lunch is at least a 1/2 pound of grass-fed meat plus the fat. Dinner is at least another 1.5 pounds of grass-fed meat plus the fat, a huge salad, and a bowl of steamed veggies -- usually broccoli. All caveman stuff. Absolutely no milk, just water for a beverage.

The reason I eat this way is for optimizing body function, increasing strength, and for improving mental clarity. It's called eating like a caveman. Keep in mind that the only reason anyone discusses the omega-3 deficiency in our foods is that the deficiency comes from grain, grain-based foods, and grain-fed livestock products. If there was no grain in the American food system, no one would mention omega-3 fatty acids.

Don't eat the following unless you want to invite body failure over time.

Breakfast: Eggs

5 Egg whites
1 Slice of Sharp Cheddar Cheese
1/4 cup of Diced Bell Pepper
2 Slices of Low-Sodium Turkey (Chopped to small pieces)

make an omelet out of it

Side: (Bulking atm so i have sides with some of my meals)
1/2 Green Apple
1/2 cup Plain Non-Fat Yogurt
1 Spoonful Organic Peanut Butter

Drink:
16oz of Whole Milk (Im Bulking so please don't copy this unless your attempting to build muscle) (I recommend 8-10oz of 1-2% fat milk for the sake of those dieting

4/18/2009 11:49:35 AM Eating Healthy  
kezzra
Neenah, WI

SOUP:

* 1 or 2 cans of stewed tomatoes
* 3 plus large green onions
* 1 large can of beef broth (no fat)
* 1 pkg. Lipton Soup mix (chicken noodle)
* 1 bunch of celery
* 2 cans green beans
* 2 lbs. Carrots
* 2 Green Peppers

Season with salt, pepper curry, parsley, if desired, or bouillon, hot or Worcestershire sauce. Cut veggies in small to medium pieces. Cover with water. Boil fast for 10 minutes. Reduce to simmer and continue to cook until veggies are tender.

This soup is part of the Sacred Heart Diet, from Sacred Heart Memorial Hospital often used for overweight heart patients prior to surgery. I received the recipe from a friend who's a nutritionist. Its just a good vegetable soup, regardless of the diet its attached to.

4/29/2009 8:20:29 PM Eating Healthy  

acire03
Over 1,000 Posts (1,279)
Bethel, CT

Quote from merk135r:
lol, how do you think I have the physique I have? From losing weight and dieting. You act like I was born in shape. I "diet" everyday and if you were smart you would listen to my advice as I've figured out a few things, obviously.

not a matter of being stupid or smart, just don't like your advice!