Select your best hookup:
Local
Gay
Asian
Latin
East Europe

listcrawler megapersonals

But although those feelings are definitely normal, there s a lot to acquire out of being level headed. kansas personals The aim right here in the virtual world is to keep the conversation light and flowing and glean an concept of exactly where to take your date. Also, somebody who has goals and dreams means that they ve pictured their future. missypwns onlyfans If getting a jacked up childhood precluded us from acquiring married or having wholesome relationships, there wouldn t be several marriages out there.

best app for casual hookups

Online dating seemed much more bearable when I believed of it this way. charlotte county classifieds On a dating site, the 1st point you see is the photo yes, but that is just the beginning point, you then read the profile. Now, some couples are unexpectedly navigating long distance for the reason that of quarantine other single folk are trying out virtual dates now that bars and restaurants are closed. adult friend finder wiki Either way, you ll get some intriguing intel on him when you ask this question, so it s worth throwing it out there.

Home  Sign In  Search  Date Ideas  Join  Forums  Groups

11/8/2007 11:09:40 AM The video game freak....advice?  

rockchick7
Fort Wayne, IN

Ok, so my best friend has been dating this guy for about 2 yrs and she is not happy and hasnt been for a long time. She's always asking me for advice and I keep telling her the same thing every time. Get out of the relationship...it will only end up bad and you unhappy. The guy is a video game freak. Which is totally cool. We all have our hobbies. But this dude will play them while she's there and they are supposed to be spending time together. His thing is he will sit by her while he's playing them and say that was spending time with her. When she would ask him to take a break, he would but then after a couple hrs go right back to playing them. She feels lonely even though he is right there with her. She feels neglected and is unhappy, yet loves him so incredibly much and is trying to overcome his flaw. Any additional advice I could give her?

[Edited 11/8/2007 11:10:20 AM]

11/8/2007 11:19:37 AM The video game freak....advice?  

hanover
Harrison, MI

Have her pick one,me or

11/8/2007 11:31:52 AM The video game freak....advice?  

yankeeluvspeach
Athens, GA

well rockchick, you could tell her to tell him "Ok, you can play videogames when I'm around, but they have to be something I can get involved in.. like two player tetris kind of things." Who knows, they may actually have fun! If he's not up for that or she just simply isn't into videogames, then the best advice you can give her is to be as open and blunt with him about how his gaming makes her feel. If she's unwilling to do that and refuses to end the relationship, tell her to buy some books and catch up on her reading while he's playing. Remember that ultimately SHE is the own that has control over her fate and if she's deciding to stick around, there must be something she's getting out of this. She might have insecurity issues and simply be afraid to be alone, like falcon's friend in the other thread. That's my 2 cents.. take em or leave em for the next big spender.

11/8/2007 11:59:27 AM The video game freak....advice?  

malicai
Edmonton, AB

Simply put. She HAS ot let this guy know how that makes her feel. She can't cut him off from his hobby completely (thats sorta like a girl telling her bf he has to stop doing all the stuff he normally does, that he has to stop hanging out with his friends, etc)

Instead he has to make time for her, because she IS more important than the games.

Booth sides in any relationship have to compromise and work together.

11/8/2007 12:31:35 PM The video game freak....advice?  

mag11
New Port Richey, FL

Yea, This guy has to grow up ! Tell her Mikey said move on!! Geezzzz!! Mike

11/8/2007 2:25:15 PM The video game freak....advice?  

axlrose2502
White Pine, TN

either find a game you both like to play and not the head game and play togeather or find a grey area

11/8/2007 5:12:12 PM The video game freak....advice?  

krupa1
Abilene, TX

There is a time and a place for everything......

The dude just sounds inconsiderate, self-absorbed and obviously sounds like he finds his games more interesting than his lady. Sucks for her! If she is willing to be second place to an inanimate object....it is her right.

He should play...he digs the games.
He should also pay attention to the person who is paying him attention.
There is a time and a place for everything......

He apparently doesn't see that. See if he notices when she walks out of the door....If he does....there may be hope.

If he doesn't....she should keep walking with no regrets.

11/8/2007 5:17:39 PM The video game freak....advice?  

stellablue
Saint Louis, MO

Her choice...love it or leave it.

11/8/2007 5:22:44 PM The video game freak....advice?  

britbrit
Gloucester, MA

sounds alot like my ex if he wasnt out partying he was at home playin video games....which I didnt mind at first but then it gets old after a while, and he would even say hes spending time with the girls by teaching my daughter how to play and shes only 2. I dont know how to stop it because I left him before he stopped, but if theres no other problems then she should just lay it out on the table and say either stop doing it so much or im gonna find someone who will spend time with me! Good luck to her!

[Edited 11/8/2007 5:23:27 PM]

11/8/2007 5:32:55 PM The video game freak....advice?  

peachess
El Reno, OK

Hmmm, My 2 cents for what it's worth here...My ex did play one, I started playing just to learn what he and the kids were doing...I ended up hooked on it!!
xoxoPeaches.

I don't play nearly like I use to but, They can be BAD!

11/8/2007 5:35:31 PM The video game freak....advice?  

bjsitt
Appleton, WI

She should dump that guy.

11/8/2007 5:37:09 PM The video game freak....advice?  

peachess
El Reno, OK

She can do what I did, Learn it, lvl it, and Kill him with her character.
xoxoPeaches.

11/8/2007 5:49:37 PM The video game freak....advice?  

defiantlyltr
Stroudsburg, PA

My 'ex' was very much into video games. He played them to the point of ignoring me.
He then taught our daughter to become a game junky like him.
There were some saturdays that they would sit in front of the screen for 5-6 hours straight
(and it wasn't raining or snowing or bad weather outside)!!

I could not get into them at all, nor did I want to. They were childish to me.
I spoke to him about how this made me feel and he really did not make any attempt to change.
That's when I realized that he was using them as an escape from his life, his job, this world, and our marraige.
I also realized that he was an immature asshole (and still is very much so) because playing a game for that
length of time is mind numbing and usually only children with immature minds can be so mindless.

He's stuck in the fantasy world created by the game makers!
RUN!!! Don't walk! Get away as fast as you can!

11/8/2007 5:58:10 PM The video game freak....advice?  

midnight2005
Clarksburg, WV

The best thing you can do for your friend is be there for her and LISTEN. She will leave him when she wants. be her shoulder and a good friend. nothing else will work

11/8/2007 6:23:06 PM The video game freak....advice?  

malicai
Edmonton, AB

Man a lot of you people are pretty closed minded about this.

This doesn't mean the guy is a freak, or that he is 'immature'(Many games are very MATURE and i am not talking about T&A overload, you would not call an avid reader, or artist, or writer, etc, immature, would you?)

it seems to me simply that he does not realize just how much of an effect his gaming has on her. Simple as that.

Yes SOME people use it as an escape(I have at times) from life, job, etc, but not EVERYONE does. It is the same reason peole read books(Like me.. a LOT) and write(Again, like me) and draw/paint(Again, like me) so am I some random loser who is an 'immature asshole' because I do all of the above?

Seriously, open your mind, and see that not all things are as black and white.

The guy prob just simple needs someone to spell it out for him. If he still then does not give her the time she needs(And it sounds like she WANTS to spend time with him, very much so, hopefully it's not just to complain, etc, then he, if he is intelligent - which most people who play games ARE, he will realize this. - If she wants him to stop completely, thats not fair, it's akin to asking a woman to stop buying shoes forever, or something similar(Bad analogy, but all I could think of this quick)

Page: 1, 2