Select your best hookup:
Local
Gay
Asian
Latin
East Europe

skipthegames women

There are no set rules of engagement, so do not get stuck in that limbo. central ky singles over 40 It boasts more than 1 million users, and the internet site explicitly encourages faith based dating for lengthy term prospective. For instance, Hoffman says, if you share a enjoy for a unique Television show, you could bring up the fact you study an post about the series, and then ask them what they believed about it. kevin portillo onlyfans The app, like a lot of other dating apps in China, underwent a wave of strict regulation in 2019 but made a comeback soon after clean ups.

backpage listcrawler

I had never hitch hiked prior to but I desperately required to get back to the hotel, so I agreed. the hookup barstow My youngsters are adults and have there personal lives. The app operates best for iPhone customers as its Android version lacks some options. meetme upload photo Eharmony matches you with compatible local men or females no matter whether you re hunting for really like in Los Angeles, Denver, or Seattle.

Home  Sign In  Search  Date Ideas  Join  Forums  Singles Groups  - 100% FREE Online Dating, Join Now!

11/18/2007 3:38:02 PM Tent vs camper camping  
trublu5ft2
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (14,839)
Saint Joseph, TN

Which do you prefer? I have always had tents... but now that I'm getting older, a camper is starting to sound pretty good!

Meet singles at DateHookup.dating, we're 100% free! Join now!

DateHookup.dating - 100% Free Personals

11/18/2007 6:27:35 PM Tent vs camper camping  
ollieottis
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (18,012)
Traverse City, MI

Im going to make a camper on pickup next year.Going to make it raise up for more room when camping.Then it will lower to use less gas when driving.

11/19/2007 1:34:20 AM Tent vs camper camping  

chucky_t
Over 2,000 Posts (2,603)
Akron, IN

I have had a cabover, trailer and tents. Personally I have enjoyed the tents more, but there is something to be said for just pulling over and not having to set up the tents.

Then again I don't care for organized camp sites. So the camping I have always enjoyed the best was not reached by motorized vehicle.

11/19/2007 1:06:31 PM Tent vs camper camping  
trublu5ft2
Saint Joseph, TN

The last 2 years I have gone, I have always left out to the site right after work. By the time I got there, I was setting up in the dark But.. once everything was done, there was nothing like it. Tents have changed soooooo much over the years. I remember the family having a 12 man canvas tent that took all of us to set it up. Now ya can just give a tent a toss and it opens right up lol

11/19/2007 2:48:30 PM Tent vs camper camping  
single_dadof2
Piqua, OH

My Mom would take us 5 kids camping in this big old heavy canvas tent and after all these years of taking my Sons camping i cant imagine camping any other way... but the invention of the air mattress is a work of art..

11/20/2007 9:06:58 AM Tent vs camper camping  
newlife4me2
Over 4,000 Posts! (6,192)
Sioux Falls, SD

Definitely - air mattresses are a must lol.

I don't mind tent camping at all but I do enjoy the convenience sometimes of real walls.

Of course, the older I am getting the more I am inclined to camper camping........

11/20/2007 11:10:29 AM Tent vs camper camping  

stargazzer
Over 4,000 Posts! (7,091)
Creighton, NE

Love the tents and Teepee camp but My bones no longer do. Traded my tent for a gun so I would have an excuess not to set up any more and drive home to a soft bed LOL. Still have all my gear though just in case I change my mind.

11/21/2007 2:45:16 PM Tent vs camper camping  
trublu5ft2
Saint Joseph, TN

To me.. camping isn't camping unless it is tent camping. My oldest brother " camps" in his rv... a motel on wheels lol. When I used to go with him and his family camping, I would still set up my own tent rather than sleep in the RV.

11/23/2007 6:09:23 AM Tent vs camper camping  
lifepartners
Buzzards Bay, MA

As my son says, campin in a camper is rich people pretending to be poor. A tent is good if its raining but campin under the stars is just so awesome. But all the above beats a hotel whare who knows what happened on that bed. GO CAMPING no matter how ya camp its the best thing to keep family close.

11/23/2007 11:51:17 AM Tent vs camper camping  

curlytopped
Sumneytown, PA

I agree with you. Sometimes the best camping is where you can't have a camper.
Also - I invested in a good 3 in. bedroll this summer. It was really comfortable!

11/25/2007 2:59:27 PM Tent vs camper camping  
trublu5ft2
Saint Joseph, TN

I enjoy camping alone just as much as with someone. Set up, grab my fishing pole and bait and sit on the bank for hours. Gets no better than that

11/25/2007 5:09:50 PM Tent vs camper camping  
rosannachanna
Des Moines, IA

I have a huge two room canvas tent, blow up or foam mattress. I can set up the kitchen living area in one side, sleep in the other. I like this tent for week long or more but for one or two nights I have a fast light weight tent. Tru, yes it is really blissful to camp alone sometimes, my longest time out in someones private wilderness was 9 days and nights, well I had my dog with me but it was heaven. There's just a time for everything and alone is right sometimes. Channa

11/25/2007 10:52:24 PM Tent vs camper camping  
owensborogirl
Owensboro, KY

I agree tents are the way to go with an air mattress. When I would go camping with my children we would have blast

11/26/2007 6:16:13 AM Tent vs camper camping  
61sunshine
Over 2,000 Posts (2,289)
North Augusta, SC

Tent camping was great in my younger days but now I enjoy my 21 ft camper. Little cramped but who stays inside except to sleep? I love camping with my Family Campers and RVer's group. For you campers that are not familiar with them they are a national group and we have rallies all over the US. They do have a website but unsure of the address as they just changed it. Look them up. I might see you down the road. Next big event will be in March in Rayne,LA for retirees. They have national rally for families in the summer. Also a member is eligible for a scholarship for their kids. Lots of family benefits.
Hi, Blu. Will be in TN Wednesday. Nashville. Looking forward to it.

[Edited 11/26/2007 6:17:21 AM ]

11/29/2007 2:34:05 PM Tent vs camper camping  
wvbiker
Smithville, WV

I have had my time in tents, pickups with campers, now a van. I think the van is the way to go, especially working construction and constantly looking for a place to clean up and sleep. With a tent, I found myself sort of restricted to settin up in campgrounds for a fee. With the pickup and camper, it was nice (quite an upgrade from a tent) but it was a little cramped gettin dressed in the mornings. With a van, I find the room to dress, heat water and clean up, or just pull off the side the road, crawl into the back and call it a day. Yep, easy to heat a few gallons of water inside the van and get myself cleaned up.
On those long motorcycle trips, I just can't beat pulling a ways off into the woods, throwing down the bedroll and spending the night. On rainy nights, the Holiday Inn makes a wonderful tent.

11/29/2007 3:04:57 PM Tent vs camper camping  

hodag
Over 2,000 Posts (3,393)
Williston, ND

They all got their pluses and minuses, for the true camping experience, you still can't beat a tent, but for some, that is too much like "roughing it". I have to admit, if the weather turns crappy, the more modern stuff looks real good. In bear country, tents can be kind of vulnerable. Especially if someone forgot to put the bacon away! Not too many years ago I was way up at the end of a 45 mile dirt road in Northern Ontario and I slept in the back of my Nissan pickup. When I got up the next morning, first thing I did was step in some bear shit that was not there the night before. Kind of glad I at least had some steel and fiberglass between me and Yogi and not just some nylon tent!

12/2/2007 10:02:28 AM Tent vs camper camping  
angelbabyislook
Roberta, GA

I love to camp out in a tent, there is nothing like it. When I was a little girl I went fishing and camping with my dad, I guess the little girl is still in me. I love the tent or just sleeping in the back of the truck or on the ground under the stars. Oh and cooking on and open fire, food never tasted better.

12/5/2007 2:58:18 PM Tent vs camper camping  
rosannachanna
Des Moines, IA

Hodag, very good point! No one should ever underestimate any bear, even a black bear. I would never tent in bear country. They will even circle around a metal camper all night trying to figure ways to get in if they smell food in there. Had that happen up in N. Maine with a black bear after I opened a can of tuna for a sandwich, with the windows cranked open. I blew cigarette smoke out the windows, banged lids together and it would grunt off into the woods but come right back. I was not in a camp ground, no one could hear me and come chase it away, no weapon other than the tuna can lid. I was so skeerd it would put it's claws under the lip of the door and just muscle it open. I was reading "Christine" by S. King. Funny how you remember exactly what you were doing in times of high anxioty. My head was right on the other side of the wall and I'd light up another cigarette every time I'd hear him step on the metal window canopy that laid on the ground beside the camper. He'd run off into the woods grunting, sounds just like a pig. He finally gave up,wandered off. The grass was trampled down all around the camper when I came out the next morning. God no, don't tent in bear country. Beware the moose also. They can do a tap dance on your tent and you, till your all drilled into the ground. Have fun but know your area. channa

[Edited 12/5/2007 3:09:12 PM ]

12/8/2007 10:04:29 AM Tent vs camper camping  

hodag
Over 2,000 Posts (3,393)
Williston, ND

Defending yourself against a bear with a tuna can lid probably ain't gonn'a work real well. You are right, Moose can be dangerous too. an 1800 pound animal with the IQ of a grapefruit is not something you want in camp.

12/8/2007 5:10:21 PM Tent vs camper camping  

4evr6y
Over 2,000 Posts (2,364)
Morgan, VT

no question about it! this Sprinter is my only wheels the picture was last year 50 miles off road in Big Bend Nat.Park

[Edited 12/8/2007 5:22:06 PM ]

12/9/2007 3:40:03 PM Tent vs camper camping  
rosannachanna
Des Moines, IA

I think that's ideal for traveling for one. 50 miles off road, I'd be skeerd again, of getting hung up but that's where you see stuff others arn't likely to know about. Makes me just want to pack up now and head for warmer places to adventure in. Channa

12/15/2007 9:58:07 PM Tent vs camper camping  

phatnsassy69
Spencerville, OH

either one as long as I'm camping, I love it, it is so peaceful.

12/15/2007 10:52:18 PM Tent vs camper camping  

lostinwyoming
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (15,483)
Evanston, WY

been a tent pitcher all my life but now its kinda nice to have a 5th wheel. got a one ton dually to pull it anywhere i want. yup,im a happy camper.

12/16/2007 5:09:42 PM Tent vs camper camping  
61sunshine
Over 2,000 Posts (2,289)
North Augusta, SC

Lost, why not pull it to the fcrv retiree rally in March at Rayne, LA? you can get info from their website. We have agreat time.

12/20/2007 3:47:07 PM Tent vs camper camping  
roje0402
Bemidji, MN

CAMPING is INTENSE!

12/25/2007 8:45:28 AM Tent vs camper camping  

4evr6y
Over 2,000 Posts (2,364)
Morgan, VT

santa got me a tent this year
so when i end up at a place where tent camping is
cheeper than with a camper...
voila,i'm in!
4evr

12/25/2007 9:20:18 AM Tent vs camper camping  
arreis
Over 2,000 Posts (3,346)
Cottonwood, AZ

...still perfer tents....can tote a tent to places where a camper cant go....

....however, it's time for a new tent....after camping in it for almost 6mos. in the Black Hills of S.D. over 10ys ago.....I think it is time for an upgrade...lol

's~~

12/29/2007 7:20:54 PM Tent vs camper camping  

northwoodschic
Duluth, MN

Tent camping is what I prefer.

I live in bear & moose country. Never had a problem with either of them when camping.

12/30/2007 7:49:32 PM Tent vs camper camping  

joesmom1986
Redding, CA

Love my tent and airbed. Have lots of practice setting up in the dark. Definately tent is the way to go.

12/30/2007 9:20:43 PM Tent vs camper camping  

bones75
Saegertown, PA

yes a camper sounds nice.............but i perfer ny tent.......air mattress is great but the tent gives you the feeling that you really got away from it all.........

12/31/2007 1:06:18 AM Tent vs camper camping  

dec12
Watertown, NY

Hey All, I'm an avid camper,outdoor/nature lover, carry my tent in my vehicle at all times, but a camper sounds nice too, altho i would not want to give up those secluded places only a tent can go!! None to go camping with, tired of going alone all the time. need an outdoor adventure club for singles in this area. BIG TIME
Curlytop, would you mind sharing namebrand of that 3in. bedroll you got.Thanks

Photohiker

12/31/2007 7:27:09 PM Tent vs camper camping  
cfd1616
Clawson, MI

I still carry my Eureka storm series tent, but you can't beat my 5th wheel in the late fall or winter. Want to move to a 5th wheel with a garage so I can take my Harley and ATV.

Happy New Year everyone.

Ed

12/31/2007 9:05:37 PM Tent vs camper camping  
bmbass
Texarkana, TX

I preffer a camper but i have done my fare share of tent camping too. There are some places that you can't take a camper.

1/1/2008 12:08:54 PM Tent vs camper camping  

dannachanna
Over 7,500 Posts!! (9,107)
Fort Dodge, IA

One of my goals for this winter is to purchase a motor home so I can camp cushy and take my grandson to some nice parks. I haven't researched for best gas milage brands yet but I'm sure it will be worth it for some lasting memories, whatever the cost of gas gets to.
campfire , can't beat it. channa

1/4/2008 5:15:40 PM Tent vs camper camping  
ljgiggles
Edgewater, FL

I have a 31 foot travel trailer which I love ( and for sale lol) but we take out tents too. Sometimes its nice to watch tv in the comfort of the trailer and use a bathroom thats yours..lol then its fun to rough it too! I usally use the trailer when I go to my dads. I just hook up to his house and saves money on a hotel room.

1/7/2008 7:59:01 AM Tent vs camper camping  
bocky1019
Over 4,000 Posts! (4,484)
Newark, DE

I love my tent and always take a screen tent to to eat in and keep the bugs out.and have to have my air mattress too.My back isnt what it used to be.

1/9/2008 5:43:22 PM Tent vs camper camping  
strategery
Greensboro, NC

I haven't been camping in years but I used to like tents. Although I could see how a camper would be nice when things get noisy at night.

1/12/2008 12:43:20 PM Tent vs camper camping  
seasoning
Palmer, AK

i also grew up with that 12 man canvas tent. our dad made us set it up alone at home to air it out. Been a tent camper all my life.
untill i got a van. if it's nice out i would sleep by the fire. i know i became spoiled by that van, back to the tent this last summer,ending the season with a night in the back of the truck. we don't worry about setting up in the dark here. no need for the flashlight, or latern either. fires in the daylight are different too, they keep away the skeeters though and that's how we cook!

for me, the simpler u keep it, the more fun u have enjoying the outdoors!

I'm a Happy Camper!

1/15/2008 8:14:21 PM Tent vs camper camping  
freebird22
Alpha, OH

There is nothing quite like tent camping. Have done my share of it. Got caught in a tornado in Michigan one year and had to evacuate for a hurricaine in N.C. another year. One year in Fla. the weather got down to below freezing and all but one occassion sent me to a "tent" with the red roof, where they keep the light on for ya!
I now have a 1974 model coleman tent camper. It has no luxuries other than a stove and dining table and it gets me off the ground and a little more stable in bad weather! I still do all my cooking and socializing outside, using it mainly for sleeping. I find it is a good alternative to "on the ground" tent camping although I don't mind using the tent in places a camper just wouldn't work!
All you happy campers, drop me line a tell me your favorite camping spots. One of my favorites is Old Man's Cave in the Hocking Hills close to Logan, Oh. Another is Zilpo at Cave Run Lake, by Morehead, Ky.

1/17/2008 2:33:23 PM Tent vs camper camping  

4evr6y
Over 2,000 Posts (2,364)
Morgan, VT

i'm on the move now...just left a week in the Ocecola forest in fla..one night 32* but not as bad as the 10* night in nj on the way down....i defanatly turned the heater on that mornin'....cant beat my van for confort!

1/18/2008 11:57:10 AM Tent vs camper camping  

disabledmike194
Ottertail, MN

My motorhome or my boat to old for the hard ground unless you have a good woman to lay next to.

1/19/2008 12:23:20 PM Tent vs camper camping  
steve_whalley
Lapeer, MI

Sleeping in tents are always cool but campers are the best. I dont need anything to big. Something good size and where I can stand up and not hit my head, haha.

Take care,
Steve

1/21/2008 5:11:57 AM Tent vs camper camping  

hunybunz
Niceville, FL

got ya all beat , i saddle up my horse and then pack horse , load it with my tent , air matress , and other goodies , feed and food , ride out of my yard to woods ,and fish ,stay gone 2 weeks at a time , and carry my 357 with me in case i need it , , only thing is free and worth going , .love fresh air . horses love it too , ,great stress reliever and tension too
sam

1/22/2008 7:36:24 PM Tent vs camper camping  
freebird22
Alpha, OH

Hey 4evr6y ....I'd let you land in my back yard a few days if you're ever out my way!!! Not very exciting but it is next to the wetlands and the deer come into the yard at night.....Stay cool!

1/26/2008 6:11:55 PM Tent vs camper camping  
wideglideco
Willows, CA

I'm in to tents but,I'm injured and my hip makes it where i have to bring the bed pad pillow and then have to leave something else behind, got a 40ft fifth wheel but no truck to haul it to the woods.Was just liveing in it and after 12 yrs liveing in a 18 wheeler it seemed big for house.can't see camping in it.

1/27/2008 7:13:05 PM Tent vs camper camping  
spanew
Over 1,000 Posts (1,959)
Abbotsford, BC

Tents definitely, that is real camping. Cooking over the fire, sleeping in tents, just need to make sure you have no light on inside to cast a shadow

1/29/2008 12:45:32 AM Tent vs camper camping  

anthony805
Los Osos, CA

I am the Events Director of my Local 4x4 Club(SLO4WHEELERS)and I travel to a bunch of different Places and find that the Location has a lot to do with which one is better. At Pismo Beach/Any Dunes and in the desert I find the my ToyHauler to be the better choice..Sand & Dust Suck! when your tent camping. And when I travel to the Sierras and other mountains I prefer the my tent's.....But if it's Snowing or there is a lot of Snow on the Ground the Toyhauler becomes your best friend..Forced Air Heating! If a base camp is set up then the ToyHauler because you can Lock it. You wouldn't believe how many of my friends have had their stuff stolen out in the Middle of Nowhere.

1/29/2008 3:02:36 PM Tent vs camper camping  

teardropcamper
Shawnee, KS

I really love my "camper". It's a home built teardrop trailer. Easy and quick to setup, can be pulled by most any car, heating blanket for the cold nights and AC for the hot ones, a real bed, privacy. It's very small so I don't spend much time in it. It's actually a lot like tent camping but I sleep a lot better. But alone. Hmmm, maybe women don't want to sleep in a dog kennel. That's what most people think it is.

1/31/2008 9:16:39 AM Tent vs camper camping  

jojonc
Dudley, NC

Open the web site http://www.bf-specialties.com/ this is what I camp in. I tow camper behind trike. Went to Billings,Mt. last July. Was gone 25 days camping. Was going 25 day in Oct. camping too. Have had 3 camper like this one. Joe

2/10/2008 10:30:10 AM Tent vs camper camping  

ghostgrunt
Greensburg, PA

A hammock strung up under a poncho hooch, but only during warm weather.

5/24/2008 3:59:21 PM Tent vs camper camping  
thummper411967
Mesa, AZ

CAMPING IS THE BEST... WEATHER IN TENT,CAMPER,R.V. VAN,WHAT EVER ITS GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5/28/2008 8:06:12 AM Tent vs camper camping  

camperpaul
Over 1,000 Posts (1,591)
Zion, IL

I'm a "full-timer" and a campground host in a state park, so I live in my 25 ft Coachmen TT. Sometimes I go canoe camping with a dome tent, sleeping bag, Coleman stove, etc.

Paul

6/1/2008 11:17:39 PM Tent vs camper camping  
tripod65
Elko, NV

If it's not a tent it's not camping...it's RVing. Unless, of course, you have some physical issue that makes tenting impractical.

6/29/2008 2:54:08 PM Tent vs camper camping  

lkg4the1
Binghamton, NY

tent. the only way to camp out.

6/29/2008 4:01:56 PM Tent vs camper camping  
ladyvirtue123
Over 1,000 Posts (1,946)
Magalia, CA

I've camped all my life..growing up we camped in a motor home that gradually got bigger as we aged..after marrying, I stepped down to tent camping..I had everything I needed to tent camp and was able to bathe in them..we had heaters and even air conditioning that ran on propane and a generator..I began noticing that as I age, it became more and more uncomfortable for me to camp in tents..we graduated to cabins..motor homes or travel tailers are the way to go if you ask me..I enjoy camping and fishing so much, but lost most of my gear in the divorce..sigh...

6/30/2008 10:28:00 AM Tent vs camper camping  

insomniac554
Staten Island, NY

I would have used to say camper, hand's down, but gas has made them nearly impossible to use with any frequency. So I would have to say tenting, because all you have to do is fold it up and throw it into the back of your normal (non-gas-guzzling) vehicle.

7/9/2008 1:00:39 AM Tent vs camper camping  
trgtno7
Festus, MO

Prefer tents, I have 7. But now I stat in a truck camper for one night trips. Thinking about a hennessy hammock for backpacking. I always eat supper and then move on about an hour before setting up for the night. Hang a bear bag and let them alone never had ny trouble.

9/2/2008 1:12:14 PM Tent vs camper camping  
butterfish
Southborough, MA

I've decided to go with a camper van. I've tent camped for years but you extend the season by a couple of months being off the ground, no rain and with heat. It's safer being locked in. I like to use my oven. Cook more camping than at home. Like to drive people around me crazy with good smells.

9/2/2008 9:53:19 PM Tent vs camper camping  

momofone19
Bethlehem, PA

I love a tent hands down...

9/6/2008 10:37:02 PM Tent vs camper camping  
sweet_taurus
Over 1,000 Posts (1,223)
Laytonville, CA

Quote from lifepartners:
As my son says, campin in a camper is rich people pretending to be poor.

Lets see if he has the same opinion 60 years from now...