Select your best hookup:
Local
Gay
Asian
Latin
East Europe

skipthegames singles

Don t offer to spend for a drink, just go ahead and do it. mt dating sites SuperSwipes let you to super like a person, so when they begin swiping, you ll be 1 of the initially folks they see. It has about eight million users, the most of any other dating app surveyed by Statista. sniffies for women Our singles neighborhood is enormous, and you re only a couple of clicks away from finding a date.

skipthegames

The coffee drinking roommate and I have been married for virtually 40 years now. port alberni personals Try not to make the question sound like you are judging them though! Remember that the ladder some persons have to climb to profession satisfaction is larger up than other folks. Your heart also misses a beat each time you make eye get in touch with. best lithuanian dating app When you re letting someone down easy, try to couch it in positive, complimentary language.

Home  Sign In  Search  Date Ideas  Join  Forums  Singles Groups  - 100% FREE Online Dating, Join Now!

5/26/2009 6:22:50 PM Can a man and a woman be friends ONLY? When do you know..?  
kooky_doe
Twin Falls, ID

After the first date? What happens when you really like the person? What happens when friendship turns into wanting more?

Could anyone reply and report back to me on how they handled these situations? How did it end?

How should it end?

Thanks!

Can a person have too many friends? And don't you have to start at Friend stage first?

Meet singles at DateHookup.dating, we're 100% free! Join now!

DateHookup.dating - 100% Free Personals

5/26/2009 6:27:15 PM Can a man and a woman be friends ONLY? When do you know..?  
kinkycapitalist
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (11,913)
Atlanta, GA

5/26/2009 6:31:38 PM Can a man and a woman be friends ONLY? When do you know..?  
kooky_doe
Twin Falls, ID

???????

[Edited 5/26/2009 6:36:43 PM ]

5/26/2009 6:35:52 PM Can a man and a woman be friends ONLY? When do you know..?  
kooky_doe
Twin Falls, ID

Quote from kinkycapitalist:

Does this mean you don't know? Or you have never been friends with another? With your experiences you have no other comment?

5/26/2009 6:49:19 PM Can a man and a woman be friends ONLY? When do you know..?  
susier
Albion, NY

Hi, I have a relationship like that..I met someone and we went on a date and I liked him from the first I wanted more but he didn't..We saw each other talked on the phone and on line and we decided that we wanted to be friends and that was all..We agreed on the same things we were to old to play games and didn't want to hurt the other so we became friends with benefits..We promise to always be together and take care of each other but to have an open relationship too so that we could see other people or do what else we wanted and not get jealous over anything..Neither one of us sees others and we spend time together and we get in to disagreements but we always are there and it is slowly building into the relationship that will last forever and the love is growing even though we don't say the words to each other but show it in many other ways..You have to decide if that person is worth having for a friend and be open with each other about what you want..I f it is meant to be more it will happen..I love my man very much and he knows it but he is not ready to admit his feelings but I know that they are there..

5/26/2009 7:04:02 PM Can a man and a woman be friends ONLY? When do you know..?  

thebestman
Over 7,500 Posts!! (9,088)
Alpharetta, GA

5/27/2009 12:12:22 AM Can a man and a woman be friends ONLY? When do you know..?  
kooky_doe
Twin Falls, ID

Quote from susier:
Hi, I have a relationship like that..I met someone and we went on a date and I liked him from the first I wanted more but he didn't..We saw each other talked on the phone and on line and we decided that we wanted to be friends and that was all..We agreed on the same things we were to old to play games and didn't want to hurt the other so we became friends with benefits..We promise to always be together and take care of each other but to have an open relationship too so that we could see other people or do what else we wanted and not get jealous over anything..Neither one of us sees others and we spend time together and we get in to disagreements but we always are there and it is slowly building into the relationship that will last forever and the love is growing even though we don't say the words to each other but show it in many other ways..You have to decide if that person is worth having for a friend and be open with each other about what you want..I f it is meant to be more it will happen..I love my man very much and he knows it but he is not ready to admit his feelings but I know that they are there..

Thanks Susier!

In the beginning I did think we were getting to be really great friends and then he decided that he wanted more than I, so there goes our friendship. He was playing a guilt trip on me to say I did not find him sexually attractive enough to have sex with. Blah! Blah! Blah! I was being careful and not rushing into anything. This day and age it is too scary to just jump in bed. I miss him as a friend though...Too bad that was all fake from the word go....

Oh, what is a girl to do

5/27/2009 12:20:27 AM Can a man and a woman be friends ONLY? When do you know..?  
steven030463
Over 2,000 Posts (2,960)
Newton Falls, OH

Yes you can be friends but it depends on the person. Most people can't do that, I myself, everyone I've been with,I'm still friends with including my ex. It just shows you what kind of person I am. Theres always a reason why someone did not stay together, it doesn't mean the reason you broke up with them was because you hated them. I could never hate anyone. Thats not who I am. I don't do the kissy friend thing but I care about my friends and the people around me.

5/27/2009 4:06:50 AM Can a man and a woman be friends ONLY? When do you know..?  

mjw_6230
Louisville, KY

Quote from susier:

sounds like he made all those decisions, not WE.

5/27/2009 10:21:37 AM Can a man and a woman be friends ONLY? When do you know..?  

sassysherri
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (10,053)
Bedford, IN

You can be friends only if there is no sex involved. I have many men friends, but there is nothing sexual with them. Nor will there be. The friends with benefits has more negatives than positives in my book. If either him or you can't say that you are in a relationship and agree to only see each other, then it isn't meant to be. More power to the ones that can live with a "friends with benefits" arangement. It just isn't for me.

5/27/2009 10:59:47 AM Can a man and a woman be friends ONLY? When do you know..?  

ladyog
Over 7,500 Posts!! (9,874)
The Dalles, OR

Some men...thats all they will ever be is friends....women know this... men don't..they view every women as a maybe.. they will get lucky...

5/27/2009 2:18:13 PM Can a man and a woman be friends ONLY? When do you know..?  
beachandmusic
Fort Myers, FL

I think remaining friends is a rare thing. It always changes at some point. Ive known women who've had men friends that clearly wanted more and the women just didn't want to acknowledge it. Ive been in situations with women who have wanted more. Its a razors edge. Hope for the best and plan for the worst.

5/27/2009 3:27:58 PM Can a man and a woman be friends ONLY? When do you know..?  
midnight08
Over 1,000 Posts (1,407)
Clarksburg, WV

google the ladder theory. enough said

5/27/2009 4:40:15 PM Can a man and a woman be friends ONLY? When do you know..?  

spider77
Over 1,000 Posts (1,871)
Adamsville, AL

I've told women before, if I want a friend I'll buy a c*cker spaniel. When another person tells you they just want to be friends-----translation, You're not good enough for me and i'm too gutless to tell you the truth.

5/27/2009 4:41:47 PM Can a man and a woman be friends ONLY? When do you know..?  

poolball9
Greenville, SC

Yes they can. I have a female that is my best friend. We tried the b/f and g/f thing then one night she said to me "It's not working is it", and I knew what she was talking about. She wanted to know what I thought so I told her that I would rather loose her as a lover and keep her as a friend, but if I tried to keep her as a lover I would probably loose her as a friend and lover. I felt that it was the road we were headed down, And if we didn't do something about it we both would come out scarred from the experince. Fortunately we agreed to be friends and 25 yrs. later we still are.

5/27/2009 6:06:43 PM Can a man and a woman be friends ONLY? When do you know..?  
usakindatheart
Over 4,000 Posts! (5,887)
Overton, TX

yes, as long as neither have sexual feelings for each other...
in fact they can be best of friends

5/27/2009 6:32:29 PM Can a man and a woman be friends ONLY? When do you know..?  
wildbluemist
Over 1,000 Posts (1,707)
Battle Mountain, NV

No men and women can never be friends only!!!!!! That is a big lie and here's why.One of them maybe both wants the other as much more than friends.Sometimes it takes years to find out and other times enough alcohol.Yes there are exceptions but this is true 99.999% of the time...

Never start at the friend stage first it shows a fear of relationships in women and in men a lack of leadership and being proactive.

5/27/2009 6:43:01 PM Can a man and a woman be friends ONLY? When do you know..?  
cinthianna01
Over 7,500 Posts!! (8,947)
Goshen, IN

Well, I only limit myself to male friends past potentcy age for a reason now...

But, the theory is "anything is possible"...the reality is-- "not for everyone"

5/27/2009 6:56:43 PM Can a man and a woman be friends ONLY? When do you know..?  
john346
Riverdale, GA

Quote from kooky_doe:
After the first date? What happens when you really like the person? What happens when friendship turns into wanting more?

Could anyone reply and report back to me on how they handled these situations? How did it end?

How should it end?

Thanks!

Can a person have too many friends? And don't you have to start at Friend stage first?

Why are you confusing the situation?? Why are you dating him to begin with---to be a friend or for a solid relationship?

If you want a friend, there are tons of them on these forums. If you want a relationship, you better be prepared to give more than just talk, except if the guy can't get his grove.

Too many cooks or friends, spoil the broth. Ever heard of that before? And don't confuse an acquaintance with a friend. Friends are very few. Acquaintances are many.

Be honest with yourself about what you want,and then go from there.

I don't think i can be in a relationship with someone without getting my grove on.

[Edited 5/27/2009 6:58:00 PM ]

5/28/2009 4:19:20 AM Can a man and a woman be friends ONLY? When do you know..?  
jillians
Arlington, VT

One of my very best friends is a guy I went to high school with. I went to his wedding five years ago and since then his wife and I have also become good friends.

Cheers,

Jillian

5/28/2009 4:37:40 AM Can a man and a woman be friends ONLY? When do you know..?  

definitely_ltr
Over 4,000 Posts! (5,466)
Stroudsburg, PA

Of course!
There isn't sexual tension between every man and women and it's so great to get the man's perspective
on situations that you might have tunnel vision on.

As for your origianl question OP.
It sounds more to me like you're questioning a change in one's feelings towards another
in a friendship. Sometimes that does happen and when it does you have to question where it's coming from.
Is it because there is nothing else happening in your love life at the time and you are mistaking
the love and care of a friend to be the same as a potential partner. There are differences
ya' know. Too may times this mistake in perception of giving is made and then a friendship
can be lost because of confusion as to what feelings are real and which are just misinterpretted.

5/28/2009 3:36:24 PM Can a man and a woman be friends ONLY? When do you know..?  
kooky_doe
Twin Falls, ID

Quote from poolball9:
Yes they can. I have a female that is my best friend. We tried the b/f and g/f thing then one night she said to me "It's not working is it", and I knew what she was talking about. She wanted to know what I thought so I told her that I would rather loose her as a lover and keep her as a friend, but if I tried to keep her as a lover I would probably loose her as a friend and lover. I felt that it was the road we were headed down, And if we didn't do something about it we both would come out scarred from the experince. Fortunately we agreed to be friends and 25 yrs. later we still are.

Thanks Poolball9~

This does give me hope that maybe there is another man besides yourself, that value a woman's friendship. I value all my friends... MEN and WOMAN, otherwise they would not be considered a friend, just an acquaintance. I personally want to be friends first before stepping into a physical relationship. One night stands were easier when I was younger and foolish.

5/28/2009 3:43:21 PM Can a man and a woman be friends ONLY? When do you know..?  
kooky_doe
Twin Falls, ID

Quote from definitely_ltr:
Of course!
There isn't sexual tension between every man and women and it's so great to get the man's perspective
on situations that you might have tunnel vision on.

As for your origianl question OP.
It sounds more to me like you're questioning a change in one's feelings towards another
in a friendship. Sometimes that does happen and when it does you have to question where it's coming from.
Is it because there is nothing else happening in your love life at the time and you are mistaking
the love and care of a friend to be the same as a potential partner. There are differences
ya' know. Too may times this mistake in perception of giving is made and then a friendship
can be lost because of confusion as to what feelings are real and which are just misinterpretted.

"I" know the difference, However, thinking that the feeling was mutual, seemed to back fire on me when I thought I was clear and on the same page as the so called friend. I guess I put forth the honest efforts and as typically as it may be he wanted more.

5/28/2009 3:44:50 PM Can a man and a woman be friends ONLY? When do you know..?  
lkn4honey
Over 4,000 Posts! (4,751)
Las Vegas, NV

two way street i'm afraid.
Funny Billboards Pictures, Images and Photos

6/4/2009 7:33:09 PM Can a man and a woman be friends ONLY? When do you know..?  
seereus
Rupert, ID

Quote from spider77:
I've told women before, if I want a friend I'll buy a c*cker spaniel. When another person tells you they just want to be friends-----translation, You're not good enough for me and i'm too gutless to tell you the truth.
Ive never thought of it that way but I agree

6/4/2009 8:02:28 PM Can a man and a woman be friends ONLY? When do you know..?  
fistybee
Haleyville, AL

I believe a man and woman can only be friends and if it does turn into wanting more and both of you feel the same why not see where it goes or if both doesn't feel the same talk to the friend and say how you feel. It may save the friendship.

6/4/2009 8:06:42 PM Can a man and a woman be friends ONLY? When do you know..?  

kgearly1021
Over 7,500 Posts!! (7,587)
Valdosta, GA

I am best of friends with. my second ex husband, just friends. I have known him for 26 years, just because we can't be married doesn't mean we can't be friends.

6/4/2009 8:09:12 PM Can a man and a woman be friends ONLY? When do you know..?  
fistybee
Haleyville, AL

I really can't agree with that because that sounds like your just looking for sex. Some people do just need friends just to talk to and for comfort and companionship you know. You may just like being around them without even thinking of sex.It's harder for men to understand this than women can. I'm not trying to be smart about this just honest.

6/4/2009 8:10:56 PM Can a man and a woman be friends ONLY? When do you know..?  
fistybee
Haleyville, AL

I believe a man and woman can only be friends and if it does turn into wanting more and both of you feel the same why not see where it goes or if both doesn't feel the same talk to the friend and say how you feel. It may save the friendship.

6/4/2009 8:13:18 PM Can a man and a woman be friends ONLY? When do you know..?  
budman84
Warwick, RI

one of my good friends is a woman. I wanted to date her but she didnt want to date me. its hard to take at first but weve been good friends now for 7yrs. we are always there for each other. Yes it is a case by case basis

6/5/2009 12:12:14 AM Can a man and a woman be friends ONLY? When do you know..?  
tristen01
Over 1,000 Posts (1,047)
Minot, ND

in a good relation ship your man should be your best friend you will know!

6/5/2009 12:43:58 AM Can a man and a woman be friends ONLY? When do you know..?  

the_fig
Over 1,000 Posts (1,158)
El Paso, TX

Quote from susier:

Right on, woman. Sounds good!

6/5/2009 2:20:38 AM Can a man and a woman be friends ONLY? When do you know..?  
hemnetjer
Tacoma, WA

Quote from kooky_doe:

How should it end?

Thanks!

Q: How does it end?
A: Really simple, Never call or email the other person back

This has been my experience.