Select your best hookup:
Local
Gay
Asian
Latin
East Europe

best rated hookup apps

So men and women need to be prepared they will either initiate or receive requests for connections that are most likely to go nowhere. moscow dating service You create a very simple profile with a handful of images and a few sentences about yourself, then throw yourself at the Internet s mercy. The most popular amongst these apps have been described in the blog. no cc hookup site Again this doesn t negate any issues.

mega personsls

Is this a person whose eyes light up when you ask about their family members, or is this a painful subject. men seeking men rhode island Instead of getting an app only for dates and relationships, Rela focuses on fostering an on the internet neighborhood bringing persons together, says the enterprise. A travel buddy, a pal in a new city or enjoy for life. locanto tacoma On the docks in ports you will obtain cruisers getting all sorts of pot lucks and drinks.

Home  Sign In  Search  Date Ideas  Join  Forums  Singles Groups

7/7/2009 7:48:56 AM why do men say they want to stay friends after a breakup?  
sitm
Bushnell, IL

I don't know why men do that. I think it is very difficult to have "friends" that you use to date. I also think that people throw the word "friend" around pretty freely. The term friend seems to have a different meaning to people in this day and age. When the people that they are really talking about is just someone that they know. A friend is someone that supports you in your ventures emotionally, someone who is willing to give you constructive advice even if it may be what you don't want to hear. A friend is someone who can get angry at you but still be there for you. But people seem to call everyone a friend even when they can't tell you their last name or where they live.
Seems to me that "people" men and women alike that have dozens of friends of the opposite sex seem to always be "single" and never in a serious long term relationship. I am sure that there are cases where this would not apply, but for what I have seen.
Maybe people say "lets stay friends" really mean, "don't trash me to my friends".

7/7/2009 7:50:50 AM why do men say they want to stay friends after a breakup?  

whitetiger722
Grand Forks, ND

do you really want an honest answer to that?,,,,some men say it in hopes that there might be a future fling,,,,if they can just keep u hanging on that lil bit

[Edited 7/7/2009 7:55:11 AM PST]

7/7/2009 8:27:08 AM why do men say they want to stay friends after a breakup?  
misunderstood24
Savannah, GA

But you know the funny thing.....they dont even know what a true friend is.

7/7/2009 3:34:42 PM why do men say they want to stay friends after a breakup?  

debbie5
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (12,406)
Killeen, TX

I have stayed friends with all but 2 of my ex's.
Couples usually don't stay friends after breakup
because 1 of them has lied, cheated or hurt the
other beyond repair. But sometime people just grow
apart and if the breakup is done with respect then
there's no reason not to be friends. Then there are
those who never deserved you in the first place.

7/8/2009 4:59:47 AM why do men say they want to stay friends after a breakup?  
misunderstood24
Savannah, GA

debbie...i agree with that

7/8/2009 6:48:49 AM why do men say they want to stay friends after a breakup?  

susansheart839
Over 2,000 Posts (2,649)
Port Saint Lucie, FL

Quote from fungirl98:
Why do men want to stay friends with their ex after a break up but, do not call often and or never come and see you?

They are liars. Actions speak louder than words. If they say they want to be friends, yet they never call you or contact you in any way, they are trying to let you down gently. Don't give your time to anyone who does not make you their priority.

Now go lick your love wounds and find a better man, g/f!!!

7/8/2009 7:00:56 AM why do men say they want to stay friends after a breakup?  

zeanah
Over 2,000 Posts (2,471)
Clarion, PA

I agree with a lot of the other posters answers....reserve sex, not to hurt your feelings, just the right thing to say and do,wants no bad feelings in parting to ease the guilt.

Personally, I feel when a man tells me that or even when I say it, it means we are parting simply in a rational civil manner.People say it all the time when compatibility is lacking ,but you like the person and do not have bitterness towards them. I'd rather part that way and hear the superficial phrase of "lets be friends" than part angry and bitter.

If someone broke it off with me and I still had feelings for them, it would be best for me if I did stay away from them...no contact for a long time. Why put yourself through the agony of not letting go and moving on? I would find it very difficult and hurtful to keep talking to them or seeing them if I still had loving feelings for them. It is best for me to have distance so I could move on.

It is empty words,but better that way than fighting and turmoil, which is usually the way it happens.Been there, done that! I say move on and be happy!

"Z"

7/8/2009 7:03:51 AM why do men say they want to stay friends after a breakup?  
sundanceforu
Grantsburg, WI

i have never wanted to stay as friends after breakup

7/8/2009 7:14:23 AM why do men say they want to stay friends after a breakup?  

msbevzie
Over 4,000 Posts! (5,541)
Oregon, OH

Quote from debbie5:
I have stayed friends with all but 2 of my ex's.
Couples usually don't stay friends after breakup
because 1 of them has lied, cheated or hurt the
other beyond repair. But sometime people just grow
apart and if the breakup is done with respect then
there's no reason not to be friends. Then there are
those who never deserved you in the first place.

I must agree with you Debbie...

I'm friends with both my exes there are no reasons not to be I mean my kids father should have NEVER wanted to speak to me again BUT we sometimes have to realize that mistakes we made can and will be forgiven if a person truly cares about another. Both my marriages ended for a reason, and the reason for me was to NEVER be enemies with them, and I'm not...forgive and forget is my motto...

I am friends with any man I've ever crossed paths with STILL to this day...I don't care what the reason was...I'm not normal I refuse to make enemies or hate...if I was called to help I'd be there no questions asked that's within reason...

7/8/2009 7:38:05 AM why do men say they want to stay friends after a breakup?  

gemini48
Arlington, TX

Quote from binderdundat:
That's why it's called lip service. They don't mean what they say. They probably said it to shut you up... or make the breakup easier on you... but they didn't mean a word of it... hence... lip service.

Either way... he's showing what kind of friend he truly is. Take that and run with it... away to be exact.

OMG! binderdundat....I am with you all the way.....there true colors show after awhile..and you are right they do say " they want to be friends after a breakup" ...but just to shut you up and to feel less guilty they say it to make the break up easier on the woman they think they are doing a good deed...which we know men in this situation are full of shit coming out of their mouth and everywhere else......they can talk out of their ass!!!:gemini48

7/8/2009 9:21:41 AM why do men say they want to stay friends after a breakup?  
calin61
Memphis, TN

I had a closure to my last relationship. He came back and said if I ever needed anything, feel free to call him, he'd see what he could do to help me. We should stay friends, he says. I told him, "I don't think I'll need you for anything, thanks. I've made it all this time without what I call a "friendship" and I'll keep on. You wanted your freedom, not the type of friendship I wanted. I never knew being friends would take all your freedom away."

He was speechless.

I started once to ask him what kind of freedom did Josh (one of his friends) take away from him.

7/13/2009 2:48:25 AM why do men say they want to stay friends after a breakup?  

ian1980au
New South Wales
Australia

Quote from fungirl98:
Why do men want to stay friends with their ex after a break up but, do not call often and or never come and see you?

For the record women do it too.

In my view the only way it can be possible is if both parties have moved on. Otherwise it's just a recipe for disaster.

7/13/2009 8:53:44 AM why do men say they want to stay friends after a breakup?  
wiseguy2009
Over 1,000 Posts (1,843)
Brooklyn, NY

Because they just want sex they have no idea what is like to be a friend