Select your best hookup:
Local
Gay
Asian
Latin
East Europe

what is the best hookup app for iphone

Consider twice about giving Zoosk access to your address book they keep your contacts on file and might later use your data to suggest friends and connections to other members. harlem hook up Is there any person who is applying Tinder visitors and doing great? I have found the way to use how to run account on many dating web pages like Tinder, Happn and other people. You do know that psychological statistics say that guys generally rate themselves greater, and aim higher whereas girls rate themselves lower and aim decrease in terms of look. 100 free dating site greece The downside is that challenging to get match lo.

local bbw hookup

He was moving away so I believed he d fit in with my new life plan just fine. tucson personal ad There was still in my thoughts a stigma attached to it. But these concerns can aid you break via the initial awkwardness to uncover your best match. rubmaps miami You can sit at residence carrying out other stuff and chatting with singles you like.

Home  Sign In  Search  Date Ideas  Join  Forums  Singles Groups  - 100% FREE Online Dating, Join Now!

Yes, I am psychic. I've always had the gift but never believed it until I went home to the Philippines August 2009. Ask me anything you want and I will tell you. If you don't believe, though, I can't tell you the truth. But if you believe, I will tell you the truth. I feel that this is the gift of the Holy Spirit due to the spiritual battle I fought for three years. This gift is only to be used to build the church, encourage other people, to improve relatioships, etc. It's nothing to help you get rich or to know the future.
If you see something really bad , then do you share that with the person that you are chatting with? Or how do you hand this?

9/28/2009 2:27:13 AM Are You Psychic? What other gifts do you have?  

cmrowland
Ingleside, TX
62, joined Sep. 2009

Would love to hear from some psychics about their experiences, joys, difficulties. There are many types of psychics. What type of Psychic are you? Even if you're not sure if you are, just wondering or curious please, feel free to comment or ask questions. What other gifts do you have? How do your psychic abilities or other gifts manifest themselves?
When did you know?

Meet singles at DateHookup.dating, we're 100% free! Join now!

DateHookup.dating - 100% Free Personals

9/28/2009 6:14:44 AM Are You Psychic? What other gifts do you have?  
tarek80
Conway, AR
35, joined Sep. 2009

psychics= ability to frequently vision patterns

just like horoscopes, patterns relate to everything and everyone in some manner

by the way, what you refer to as a "psychic" is nothing more than a misleader or to be fair to all,,,,an entertainer!

9/28/2009 6:38:24 AM Are You Psychic? What other gifts do you have?  

cmrowland
Ingleside, TX
62, joined Sep. 2009

Quote from tarek80:

by the way, what you refer to as a "psychic" is nothing more than a misleader or to be fair to all,,,,an entertainer!

and why do you say that? Please explain. Maybe I am using the wrong word? (psychic) I have some psychic abilities and I do not use them for entertainment or monetary gain. Most times I do not even mention it. Please explain what you are talking about concerning vision patterns...I don't understand.

Thanks

[Edited 9/28/2009 6:47:10 AM ]

9/28/2009 6:48:37 AM Are You Psychic? What other gifts do you have?  

wolfyhp
Over 2,000 Posts (3,921)
Bradley, CA
42, joined Apr. 2008

Quote from tarek80:

While I understand that is based on your own experiences and education, you are wrong. It's understandable you'd think that way because there are a LOT of hucksters out there. In my family I have a friend who once told me she fakes it and said she was raised to believe, "You either have the gift, or you get good at faking it." I found that distasteful, but fakers are common in any unregulated industry and even sometimes in the regulated industries (like medicine.)

As a psychic reader, at first I wondered if I was just recognizing obvious patterns. However, recognizing patterns doesn't tell me when there will be an earthquake (I predicted the last 3 we had here) nor does it tell me when someone will have an accident (usually before I get a chance to warn the person) nor many other things which have been, sometimes unfortunately, very true. My Uncle Paul hadn't had a seizure in the entire time I had known him, yet I knew the night he passed away from a Grand Mal seizure. These are just a few of myriad examples I've had to show me it's more than just good observational skills and the ability to put things together.

I don't expect you to be convinced. That's alright. I'm just presenting the other side of it.

Namaste,

Rev. Ancient Wolf

9/28/2009 6:59:51 AM Are You Psychic? What other gifts do you have?  

cmrowland
Ingleside, TX
62, joined Sep. 2009

Quote from wolfyhp:
While I understand that is based on your own experiences and education, you are wrong. It's understandable you'd think that way because there are a LOT of hucksters out there. In my family I have a friend who once told me she fakes it and said she was raised to believe, "You either have the gift, or you get good at faking it." I found that distasteful, but fakers are common in any unregulated industry and even sometimes in the regulated industries (like medicine.)

As a psychic reader, at first I wondered if I was just recognizing obvious patterns. However, recognizing patterns doesn't tell me when there will be an earthquake (I predicted the last 3 we had here) nor does it tell me when someone will have an accident (usually before I get a chance to warn the person) nor many other things which have been, sometimes unfortunately, very true. My Uncle Paul hadn't had a seizure in the entire time I had known him, yet I knew the night he passed away from a Grand Mal seizure. These are just a few of myriad examples I've had to show me it's more than just good observational skills and the ability to put things together.

I don't expect you to be convinced. That's alright. I'm just presenting the other side of it.

Namaste,

Rev. Ancient Wolf

Thanks Wolfy...I was hoping you would show up LOL. You must have got my telepathic message. LOL Thanks for sharing your experiences. My psychic abilities are not as strong or the same as yours. Mine work a little different but, they are real and not from any vision patterns for sure. My abilities however, are in the baby stages so to speak.

I would love to hear more of your experiences, Wolfy. When did you first realize you had this ability? Did it start out strong or just inklings and then grow stronger? Is there anything you can do to increase your ability other than using it?

Just for the record, I'm with you and I do not agree with those who fake it just to take advantage of others.

9/28/2009 7:44:52 AM Are You Psychic? What other gifts do you have?  

wolfyhp
Over 2,000 Posts (3,921)
Bradley, CA
42, joined Apr. 2008

Quote from cmrowland:
Thanks Wolfy...I was hoping you would show up LOL. You must have got my telepathic message. LOL Thanks for sharing your experiences. My psychic abilities are not as strong or the same as yours. Mine work a little different but, they are real and not from any vision patterns for sure. My abilities however, are in the baby stages so to speak.

I would love to hear more of your experiences, Wolfy. When did you first realize you had this ability? Did it start out strong or just inklings and then grow stronger? Is there anything you can do to increase your ability other than using it?

Just for the record, I'm with you and I do not agree with those who fake it just to take advantage of others.

I've known since I was a small child. People in my family kept telling me I was special, but I figured they were saying that because they're family. I figured everyone had the gifts. To me, it's just like another one of my senses. I understand the term (however erroneous it is since we have more than 5 "normal" senses) "sixth sense." Working what most people call "magic" or "magick" came naturally to me as well. I never perceived it as anything supernatural, so to me it was never magic until I realized most people don't do it. I still have trouble perceiving magic or psychic abilities as supernatural. It's just part of nature we don't fully understand. The sun making crops grow used to be magic too as was most of what we modernly call chemistry.

Psychic abilities tend to run in my family. Most of my family members don't use their gifts anymore except amongst other family. Most of them don't do tarot spreads or cast dice or anything of the sort anymore, but a few do and I was taught by such. I had an aunt and my father both teach me some things when I was younger because they knew I also had the gift and would need to hone it. On that side of my family we are Ludad Romany (Gypsies) from the Transylvanian Alps region (Romania/Hungary.)

Namaste,

Rev. Ancient Wolf

9/28/2009 12:55:59 PM Are You Psychic? What other gifts do you have?  

dewberry
Lufkin, TX
45, joined May. 2009

I have the ability to know/see things. The trouble I have is that it frightens me; not because I feel it's something evil or wrong. I am unsure what frightens me more the ability to see something tragic or not having the ability to stop something tragic from happening. Does that make sense? I do know that to fine tune the ability I have to accept the good and the bad. I like knowing which cousin will have a baby or who's going to get the job they want. In order to fully embrace a gift I have to embrace the full gift. Events and people come to me in dreams. I suppose if when I growing up I had someone to reassure me that these things were natural to some, I wouldn't be so afraid.

9/28/2009 2:40:43 PM Are You Psychic? What other gifts do you have?  

cmrowland
Ingleside, TX
62, joined Sep. 2009

Quote from dewberry:
I have the ability to know/see things. The trouble I have is that it frightens me; not because I feel it's something evil or wrong. I am unsure what frightens me more the ability to see something tragic or not having the ability to stop something tragic from happening. Does that make sense? I do know that to fine tune the ability I have to accept the good and the bad. I like knowing which cousin will have a baby or who's going to get the job they want. In order to fully embrace a gift I have to embrace the full gift. Events and people come to me in dreams. I suppose if when I growing up I had someone to reassure me that these things were natural to some, I wouldn't be so afraid.

I think it is wonderful that you have that gift but, I can understand how frustrating it could be knowing something tragic is going to happen and even were you to give a warning, people may not believe you and sometimes nothing you can do about it. I can also see how it could be frightening.

I believe it is inherent in everyone to have some or maybe all of these abilities but, some are not aware or do not believe in it. I compare it to having a radio or a tv but, never turning it on or tuning in.

I didn't get mine til later in life or at least where I recognized it...perhaps, I was not ready until then. But, however it was...the cable finally got hooked up and the tv turned on lol.

I think staying close to others who have such abilities is vital to your spiritual, mental, and even physical health. Being able to talk about your fears and joys with it is encouraging and helps when you are frightened or don't know what to do.

I noticed, as I grow with my abilities, I often seem to attract others or be attracted to others of the same and sometimes they have a greater understanding and fine tuned abilities which helped me to continue to grow and also to accept my gifts or abilities.

Thanks for posting and keep coming back...would love to hear more from you. Wish you the best.

Namaste

9/28/2009 10:10:43 PM Are You Psychic? What other gifts do you have?  
mr_crowley
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (17,692)
Aynor, SC
47, joined Feb. 2009

I several abilities that don't make sense to me.

I can instantly tell if someones died in a building I enter, often I can even see the manner in which they died n if they're still present.

I often have dreams of accidents n disasters that come true

I'm often able to read people I meet online, with incredible accuracy.

My 1st impression of people has never been wrong.

DER MENSCH IST GOTT

9/28/2009 10:26:55 PM Are You Psychic? What other gifts do you have?  

cmrowland
Ingleside, TX
62, joined Sep. 2009

Quote from mr_crowley:
I several abilities that don't make sense to me.

I can instantly tell if someones died in a building I enter, often I can even see the manner in which they died n if they're still present.

I often have dreams of accidents n disasters that come true

I'm often able to read people I meet online, with incredible accuracy.

My 1st impression of people has never been wrong.

DER MENSCH IST GOTT

That's interesting. sounds like you have some great abilities there. The question that comes to mind is what is it that doesn't make sense about it or how did you mean that?

For some reason, you are tuned in and turned up. How do you handle these situations? ie: when you dream of accidents and disasters. Have you read anything on me besides my profile? lol (just a little humor there)not intended to make fun. I really would be interested to know. hmm I think. lol

Sometimes, I am able to read people to a tee other times no. Problem is, I am the type of person who usually give people a chance but, there are those I completely stay away from as much as possible. I usually am right on first impressions. I don't have the ability to dream of pending disasters and some of my dreams, I don't even remember until I am in the middle of the situation and it's like deja vu...usually it is nothing serious. My daughter however does dream some things that come true to a tee and is usually quite important.

Thanks for your post!

Peace and love to you.

9/28/2009 10:47:34 PM Are You Psychic? What other gifts do you have?  
mr_crowley
Aynor, SC
47, joined Feb. 2009

The things that don't make sense are;

Why do I need to know if someones died in a building? That's only been of use to me once, when I was able to release a child who killed himself from a room that held him captive.

The dreams are of no use to me either. I have no desire to inform anyone of eminent disaster, or save anyone.

There was a fire at a drycleaners near me recently. When I walked by I instantly knew it was arson.
Weeks later I found out they had filed bankruptcy a week prior n rented a smaller building.
Shortly after that it was determined to be arson.
The only person I mentioned this to was my physical therapist. The day I walked by the cleaners, I had asked her about the fire n said do they know it was arson, yet.
Again, what use was this to me? I wouldn't go to the police n tell them of my intuition.
I'm the kind of person that avoids the police at all costs.

Oh, just so you know, I have to feel a connection to them.
Unforunately, my readings are often so accurate that it scares the shit out of them and dissolves the friendship that developed that connection.

9/28/2009 11:02:36 PM Are You Psychic? What other gifts do you have?  
livingforjesus2
Speedwell, VA
65, joined Sep. 2009

woooooooooh, this is weird but interesting at the same time.

9/28/2009 11:53:50 PM Are You Psychic? What other gifts do you have?  

cmrowland
Ingleside, TX
62, joined Sep. 2009

Quote from mr_crowley:
The things that don't make sense are;

Why do I need to know if someones died in a building? That's only been of use to me once, when I was able to release a child who killed himself from a room that held him captive.

The dreams are of no use to me either. I have no desire to inform anyone of eminent disaster, or save anyone.

There was a fire at a drycleaners near me recently. When I walked by I instantly knew it was arson.
Weeks later I found out they had filed bankruptcy a week prior n rented a smaller building.
Shortly after that it was determined to be arson.
The only person I mentioned this to was my physical therapist. The day I walked by the cleaners, I had asked her about the fire n said do they know it was arson, yet.
Again, what use was this to me? I wouldn't go to the police n tell them of my intuition.
I'm the kind of person that avoids the police at all costs.

Oh, just so you know, I have to feel a connection to them.
Unforunately, my readings are often so accurate that it scares the shit out of them and dissolves the friendship that developed that connection.

Well, I guess it is true that they are no use to you if you chose not to use it to help others, however, you have them for a reason. What you chose to do with them is up to you.
Perhaps, someday, you will find a reason to use them.

Considering what science is discovering about the brain, it's possible that your brain is just highly active in that area.

I have watched true stories where psychics have helped the law solve crimes and save peoples lives. I think it would be neat to help people in that way. The only problem is is getting people to believe you.

My psychic abilities are not that highly developed yet and I have not really helped anyone yet with them that was anything that that important.

I usually, do not read people and let them know. It can destroy friendships sometimes. I keep it to myself, maybe only using it to know if I want to associate with them or warn someone close to me that I don't want to see get hurt. Except for here in the forum, I usually don't disclose this kind of thing unless I am close to the person. I keep it on the DL. If I knew something for sure that would help someone or keep them from disaster, I probably would say something or do something.

I am curious though, why you have no interest in saving someone or anyone from disaster or helping people since you have the ability to do so?

9/29/2009 12:11:10 AM Are You Psychic? What other gifts do you have?  
mr_crowley
Aynor, SC
47, joined Feb. 2009

1st I'm a convicted felon several times over, so the cops wouldn't even consider me for assisstance.

2nd there's only 1 person that's matters to me.
Everyone else can die horrible, painful deaths.

9/29/2009 12:41:04 AM Are You Psychic? What other gifts do you have?  

cmrowland
Ingleside, TX
62, joined Sep. 2009

Quote from mr_crowley:
1st I'm a convicted felon several times over, so the cops wouldn't even consider me for assisstance.

2nd there's only 1 person that's matters to me.
Everyone else can die horrible, painful deaths.

I'm sorry you feel that way. I hope you don't have any kids cause you said everyone. It brings another question to mind...why are you here if you don't care about anyone or need anyone?

As far as the police not considering you for assistance...hmmm...I don't know what you were convicted for and that certainly is your business but, our gov't and law enforcement have been know to hire felons for certain skills that they have...probably not psychic skills but, if I knew you were a true psychic and could help me save someone's life (and you wanted to, of course) I would hire you.

Just an observation and one you probably will not appreciate but, you sound very much like an angry child who screams "I hate you and I hope you die".

I don't pretend to understand why you feel this way although, there r days I have felt like I hate everything...usually because I have been hurt and I am angry at the world because nothing seems to be right... but, when I stop to think about it I know that I really don't. Mine is a temporary thing. I am sorry for whatever it is that made you feel this way. I wish you peace of mind and peace of heart.

10/1/2009 9:48:47 AM Are You Psychic? What other gifts do you have?  

2012bruce
Owens Cross Roads, AL
50, joined Mar. 2009

Gifts?In my experience and my other,s,mostly these abilities are tools we in these soul cages are allowed to use.Used in th context of,th Great Work,of th Great Spirit,acts of service magnify th glory,of th comming of no requirement for time or technology.Every instance that I have endevored to use th tools or gifts to selfish ends,there is a seperation.
I feel th dangling of th carrot and stick.Something,somehow I cannot attain.Plodding along.Uninspiring to say th least.I remain flesh and my reach is short.Yet I have sacrificed all for so long...

10/1/2009 4:16:43 PM Are You Psychic? What other gifts do you have?  
mr_crowley
Aynor, SC
47, joined Feb. 2009

dude are you missing keys on your PC or are you just stupid?
Your post made such little sense, it should be in the illiterates hall of fame.

[Edited 10/1/2009 4:19:02 PM ]

10/1/2009 4:58:21 PM Are You Psychic? What other gifts do you have?  
mr_crowley
Aynor, SC
47, joined Feb. 2009

Quote from cmrowland:
I'm sorry you feel that way. I hope you don't have any kids cause you said everyone. It brings another question to mind...why are you here if you don't care about anyone or need anyone?

As far as the police not considering you for assistance...hmmm...I don't know what you were convicted for and that certainly is your business but, our gov't and law enforcement have been know to hire felons for certain skills that they have...probably not psychic skills but, if I knew you were a true psychic and could help me save someone's life (and you wanted to, of course) I would hire you.

Just an observation and one you probably will not appreciate but, you sound very much like an angry child who screams "I hate you and I hope you die".

As a matter of fact I do have a child and she is the one person who matters to me.
As I mention in my post.
Why do you think I have to like people, to be here?
Do the forums require me to have feelings for people?
The fact that I'm wanted in 5 states kind of requires that I don't go to the police.
I have an F prefix which means I've been to prison 7times, making me a career criminal.
I've managed to escape the habitual sentencing guidelines that have been in effect prior to my 6th & 7th convictions.
I don't know if you understand that a career criminal would be viewed as someone who would probably help the criminals. Unless MAYBE! that criminal went to the poliice n became a snitch.
That fact that you view my gifts as something that would make me want to help people tells me your a "people pleaser" kind of person.
The kind of person that I would avoid.
Everyone in the world isn't the happy, friendly type. Since you don't know this I can only imagine your extremely ignorant.
Since you kind of asked, I'll tell you.
I never committed any of the crimes I went to prison for.
If you were able to research prisoner convictions WITHOUT! the input of the legal system.
You'll find that few of the people in jails n prisons actualy committed the crime they're convicted of.
What happens is the police find out that a person is a sucessful criminal, but they can't catch them.
So, they stop them for any bullshit they can and plant stuff on them, or railroad them into convictions, using false witnesses, or evidence.
I will tell you that one of my charges was ALWAYS resisting arrest with violence and I was most certainly guilty of that with every arrest.

[Edited 10/1/2009 5:04:47 PM ]

10/1/2009 5:58:56 PM Are You Psychic? What other gifts do you have?  

cmrowland
Ingleside, TX
62, joined Sep. 2009

Quote from mr_crowley:
As a matter of fact I do have a child and she is the one person who matters to me.
As I mention in my post.
Why do you think I have to like people, to be here?
Do the forums require me to have feelings for people?
The fact that I'm wanted in 5 states kind of requires that I don't go to the police.
I have an F prefix which means I've been to prison 7times, making me a career criminal.
I've managed to escape the habitual sentencing guidelines that have been in effect prior to my 6th & 7th convictions.
I don't know if you understand that a career criminal would be viewed as someone who would probably help the criminals. Unless MAYBE! that criminal went to the poliice n became a snitch.
That fact that you view my gifts as something that would make me want to help people tells me your a "people pleaser" kind of person.
The kind of person that I would avoid.
Everyone in the world isn't the happy, friendly type. Since you don't know this I can only imagine your extremely ignorant.
Since you kind of asked, I'll tell you.
I never committed any of the crimes I went to prison for.
If you were able to research prisoner convictions WITHOUT! the input of the legal system.
You'll find that few of the people in jails n prisons actualy committed the crime they're convicted of.
What happens is the police find out that a person is a sucessful criminal, but they can't catch them.
So, they stop them for any bullshit they can and plant stuff on them, or railroad them into convictions, using false witnesses, or evidence.

I will tell you that one of my charges was ALWAYS resisting arrest with violence and I was most certainly guilty of that with every arrest.

Thank you for clearing that up for me, Mr Crowley...and no you don't have to like anyone if you don't want...and I do know, not everyone is friendly and kind...believe me...so don't assume that you know me.

If you want to be an a**hole that certainly is your privilege and just because I don't treat everyone like sh** and have a criminal record does not mean I am a people pleaser. I believe in treating people with kindness and respect until they give me reason not to, even so-called tough guys like you.

I believe in helping people to the best of my abilities, except abusers, users, lazy people and I have come across my share of those...but, even then if it came down to a life and death matter I would help if I could...murderers, child abusers, people like that...It would depend on if they really were and what happened. I know people have been accused of those things too and weren't that at all.

I have helped people to my own detriment but, not so much anymore...have cut that way back. I didn't help them knowing I was going to get screwed over but, once I found out how they were that ended that...but I had already been screwed over. Would you believe some people actually come back and try it again?

I have had plenty of reasons to hate people but, I know not all people are bad and I take my responsibility in what happened and try not to repeat it. I hate a lot of things going on in the world today and a lot of things people do but, I can only take care of what I do. I have met a lot of good people and have good friends and kids and grandkids so, I guess that makes it all worthwhile.

If you want to avoid me because you think I am a people pleaser that's fine with me. I really don't care...your loss.

You can be a people hater and hate the world if you want but, someday you may need a friend or maybe not.

I do know that there are people in prison for bs reasons and people get set up...I know that for a fact...but, I also know most criminals, maybe not all, but most, will not admit to doing a crime anyway. As far as you go...I wouldn't know...however, you seem to be quite candid about things...I will give you that much.

So, you have a nice day Mr. Crowley...you certainly don't have to worry about me bothering you.

Namaste

10/1/2009 8:33:32 PM Are You Psychic? What other gifts do you have?  

2012bruce
Owens Cross Roads, AL
50, joined Mar. 2009

Logic has so little to do with how we in this human condition express ourselves.words are only an atempt to describe what each of us are experiencing.Feble at best.I cannot expect to really communicate with any of you out there.I can only hope to strike a note.To induce a resonance feedback.As the note F-kung,th mighty tone of nature.
Today was a good day for me.I set many large river stones in our up hill driveway.Rushing waters have carved deep ruts making navagation a harowing experience.
I needed to build strength and stamina.I was able to do six hours worth.I pushed myself to th limit.I,ll need to rest tommorrow from stone work.I can do more saterday.

the flow of water empties me of myself,

we sit in spirit waiting for our people and the world to stop fighting,

in anger and war there is only hardness,

people and th world become solid,they forget how to flow,

to find th river of our spirit is to find freedom,

there is no more reason to come up against anyone,

our emptiness is a prair,

we make a place inside ourselves for th Great Spirit to Live,

11/8/2009 7:36:58 PM Are You Psychic? What other gifts do you have?  
dunrich2
Over 2,000 Posts (3,296)
Brantford, ON
60, joined May. 2009

Ive known people who I knew were Psychic, yet they denied it or honestly thought they were not.One Lady I knew, was guilt ridden over it from Religous indoctrination, she thought it came from Satan kinda thing.

I also one person, where I can think of something completly out of the ordinary, and they will touch on that later with out me bringing the subject up. (for some strange reason, this works best if I think about it at a certain time, late afternoon or very early in the morning, strange but I have kept track kinda just to see). Yet this person claims to not have Psychic ability.

I have also known people who claimed to have Psyhic powers and I couldnt help but doubt their ability. To be fair, I think they with out meaning too, just block out any thing negative. They only want to give good news.

Unfortuantly, like some Asatrologers who do this, they lose credibility. I dont think its necessarily because they do not have the gift, just that they are too nice to give someone bad news. These ones can do more harm in the long run though I think, as the person cant prepare so to speak.

Oh to answer the question, no I do not have that ability my self. I also think something about my make up , makes it hard for those with the gift to read me concerning the future. I have yet to have one read me right, but I knew they had gifts because they have been astoundingly accurate with loved ones. Strange, because I do find ,they can pick up on subjects I am thinking about though, read my mind almsost at times.

I do have premonitions at times, which years later I find come true. I think this is different though. Its not a counsious thing.

[Edited 11/8/2009 7:50:30 PM ]

11/8/2009 10:39:59 PM Are You Psychic? What other gifts do you have?  

cmrowland
Ingleside, TX
62, joined Sep. 2009

Quote from dunrich2:
Ive known people who I knew were Psychic, yet they denied it or honestly thought they were not.One Lady I knew, was guilt ridden over it from Religous indoctrination, she thought it came from Satan kinda thing.

I also one person, where I can think of something completly out of the ordinary, and they will touch on that later with out me bringing the subject up. (for some strange reason, this works best if I think about it at a certain time, late afternoon or very early in the morning, strange but I have kept track kinda just to see). Yet this person claims to not have Psychic ability.

I have also known people who claimed to have Psyhic powers and I couldnt help but doubt their ability. To be fair, I think they with out meaning too, just block out any thing negative. They only want to give good news.

Unfortuantly, like some Asatrologers who do this, they lose credibility. I dont think its necessarily because they do not have the gift, just that they are too nice to give someone bad news. These ones can do more harm in the long run though I think, as the person cant prepare so to speak.

Oh to answer the question, no I do not have that ability my self. I also think something about my make up , makes it hard for those with the gift to read me concerning the future. I have yet to have one read me right, but I knew they had gifts because they have been astoundingly accurate with loved ones. Strange, because I do find ,they can pick up on subjects I am thinking about though, read my mind almsost at times.

I do have premonitions at times, which years later I find come true. I think this is different though. Its not a counsious thing.

I don't think it has to be a conscious thing. Most times, when I pick up on things, it is when I least expect it. I'm not consciously trying to do it. It just happens. I'm not saying this is true of everyone...that has just been my experience. I have met others who don't think they have any abilities but, yet, some things happen that seem to indicate they do. I have read that everyone has them. It's just some don't pay attention to it or don't believe they are psychic or have abilities. Some do not believe in it period. Some feel these things are from some evil source and won't use them. Instead they try to push it away or deny it because they think it is something evil.

If, you truly have premonitions that come true, then you do have a psychic ability. Premonitions can come when you least expect them without consciously having to bring them about. I don't know if anyone consciously has a premonition. Unless, that is the same as reading someone's fortune. Maybe some do. It would be interesting to know.

11/14/2009 6:55:18 PM Are You Psychic? What other gifts do you have?  

trippy_hare
Over 2,000 Posts (2,343)
Arvada, CO
32, joined Jun. 2009

I don't like the term "psychic" personally- as I've mentioned- but there are some abilities I've seen that do not yet have an explanation that can be codified, tested, or repeated- the only explanation I have come up with is highly dependent on my theory of Soul as both an elementary particle and its associated energy field.

That's not the topic, so I'll get back to my point.

There are only two phenomena I have personally witnessed that fall into this category- claritangency and deja vu. I've had deja vu experiences, which usually feel like repeat occurrences on an instinctual level, but have had minor deviations. This strikes me as the natural effects of the interactions of Soul particles, in that they do not necessarily repeat patterns. I personally think "deja vu" is akin to "Soul memory", as it were, of a previous iteration of existence- i.e., a googolplexian years ago, I sat down and wrote a post about Soul particles, only I called them "Schlorp" or something, and a googolplexian years from now, I'll sit down to write a post about Soul particles, only I'll call them "Doul" or something.

Claritangency is, in effect, "seeing" the history of an item by touching it- and usually only happens if an item had a great deal of sentimental value to a previous owner or was vitally important in someone's life (or ending). This too strikes me as related to Soul particles and fields- though I am somewhat loathe to discuss that topic in this thread.

Suffice to say- there are some things that have not yet been hypothesized in repeatable and verifiable ways, and I've encountered two of them.

*Googolplexian is the name given to the largest number yet devised- a "googol" is the number 1 followed by a hundred zeros, a googolplex is 1 followed by a googol zeros(i.e., 10,000 zeros), and a googolplexian is a 1 followed by a googolplex zeros(i.e., 10,000,000,000 zeros). To put that into some measure of perspective, if the entire history of the known universe was the thickness of a 1$ bill, a stack of one googol bills would be so large, it wouldn't even fit into our universe.

11/28/2009 7:10:47 PM Are You Psychic? What other gifts do you have?  

ghosteagle53
Powell, TN
61, joined Aug. 2009

We all have extra-sensory perception to some extent.We like to call it intuition or feelings or dreams but that ia what it really is.The story of the Tower of Babel in the bible was a half-hearted attempt to explain why man suddenly lost his ability to communicate using telepathy,as I believe we once did.Thinning of the ozone,increased solar radiation,disrupting the electro-chemical signals in the brain.It isn't gone completely and a very few still have considerable abilities.

11/29/2009 4:46:44 PM Are You Psychic? What other gifts do you have?  

cmrowland
Ingleside, TX
62, joined Sep. 2009

Quote from ghosteagle53:
The story of the Tower of Babel in the bible was a half-hearted attempt to explain why man suddenly lost his ability to communicate using telepathy,as I believe we once did.Thinning of the ozone,increased solar radiation,disrupting the electro-chemical signals in the brain.It isn't gone completely and a very few still have considerable abilities.

Well, that certainly is an interesting theory.

I never heard that before. hmmm, some food for thought.

I do believe everyone has the capability...just as discussed before some don't use it, ignore it, don't believe in it etc.

I have read everything vibrates at certain frequencies and there is a range of frequencies even amongst humans. Some people vibrate at higher frequencies than others which, I am thinking, may be why it is possible for them to have these abilities or utilize them and connect with the spiritual world. Things in the spiritual world would be vibrating at a much higher frequency than us in the physical world. There are probably many more factors involved but, that could be part of the explanation.

12/2/2009 11:49:01 AM Are You Psychic? What other gifts do you have?  

ghosteagle53
Powell, TN
61, joined Aug. 2009

Quote from cmrowland:
Well, that certainly is an interesting theory.

I never heard that before. hmmm, some food for thought.

I do believe everyone has the capability...just as discussed before some don't use it, ignore it, don't believe in it etc.

I have read everything vibrates at certain frequencies and there is a range of frequencies even amongst humans. Some people vibrate at higher frequencies than others which, I am thinking, may be why it is possible for them to have these abilities or utilize them and connect with the spiritual world. Things in the spiritual world would be vibrating at a much higher frequency than us in the physical world. There are probably many more factors involved but, that could be part of the explanation.
Theory true.If man really did suddenly lose his ability to communicate then something had to have happened.They already had language,as the story tells so unless they had a Star Trek style Universal Translator and it was taken away I am at a loss to explain it any better.Of course if the story is literal,then God did it,and I don't discount that either.

12/3/2009 3:09:56 PM Are You Psychic? What other gifts do you have?  

cmrowland
Ingleside, TX
62, joined Sep. 2009

I'm thinking too that the psychic phenomena also has to do with everything being connected. I think it entails many different factors combined that some people seem to have honed in on for some reason or another. It doesn't make them any better than anyone else. Everyone is different and everyone has different abilities. Some people are better at some things than others or seem to have a natural skill or ability. Leaving out the psychic phenomena for a moment. Some people have the natural ability to write music, sing or play an instrument, they still have to learn and practice but, seem to pick up on it better than some and become excellent at it. Some people can play several instruments wonderfully. Me for example I have to struggle painfully to play an instrument. But I can sing pretty good and keep a good beat. I can write song lyrics. I can make up music in my head with all the instruments but to get it to my fingers is another thing. Some people the only thing they can play is the radio but that person might be an excellent mechanic, a brilliant scientist or mathematician or skilled in some other area.

I think a lot of it has to do with the brain. I have read about and watched programs on how the brain works and the research that is being done. How it functions for one person is different for another person. Some parts of the brain function better for some and another part of the brain might function better for another person. Probably most of you all ready know that. It doesn't make one person better than the other just different in their set of skills. I am not good at remembering the scientific terminology so I am just keeping it in general terms. Some people unlike me are very good at remembering details to the letter. My memory sucks. lol The older I get the worse it gets.

My point to all this is the psychic equipment is there for everyone, it just may work better for some than others and not at all for some, depending on certain factors just as certain areas of the brain work better for some in non paranormal skills then it does for others. I hope I am making sense here.

12/4/2009 7:00:07 PM Are You Psychic? What other gifts do you have?  

nonstandard
Over 2,000 Posts (2,219)
York, PA
52, joined Jun. 2009
online now!

The mind is bombarded by incredible amounts of information , but the mind is only capable of organizing only small potions of what we perceive . For this reason , logic will sort , lable , and prioritize , all the information that we perceive . We will perceive only what our logic deems is the most important , or the things it can control and manipulate .
The world contains much neutrality , this neutrality gets lost because our logic can find no importance in the information it is recieving . When the worlds neutrality changes , our logic does'nt notice , because it never paid it any notice to begin with . In this case our logic creates an explanation based on our likes and dislikes .
I have no faith in beings , entities , or gods . All my faith gets channeled towards what my logic ignores . I need to have faith that my mind and body is recieving , deciphering , and utilizing all the information that is ignored by my logic . My faith requires me to strengthen my bond with the unknown , by tunning myself to the worlds neutrality and defying the importance applied by my own logic . I need to convince my logic that everything is important , nothing is any more , or any less , important than anything else .
Logic dictates that our senses only percieve what we like or dislike . While our senses will percieve both what we like and dislike , and everything in between , our logic will only grasp what we like or dislike .
I realize that my logic will keep me alive and protect me from harm , but I also realize , that if I dont control it , it will control me .
Life is my only gift , its all I need and all I want . To want more , would be a curse .

[Edited 12/4/2009 7:18:09 PM ]

12/8/2009 4:26:24 PM Are You Psychic? What other gifts do you have?  
zeddy603
New South Wales
Australia
58, joined Nov. 2009

Hi

I feel a duality, by that I mean a spiritual person sharing my life. Every thought and feeling always seeking to find honesty, humility and courage.

There is a price to pay for this but it's worthwhile for me.

Zeddy

12/9/2009 3:12:48 PM Are You Psychic? What other gifts do you have?  
zeddy603
New South Wales
Australia
58, joined Nov. 2009

Quote from ghosteagle53:
We all have extra-sensory perception to some extent.We like to call it intuition or feelings or dreams but that ia what it really is.The story of the Tower of Babel in the bible was a half-hearted attempt to explain why man suddenly lost his ability to communicate using telepathy,as I believe we once did.Thinning of the ozone,increased solar radiation,disrupting the electro-chemical signals in the brain.It isn't gone completely and a very few still have considerable abilities.

I've found that we have some talent from birth but SO much more can be turned on by the Spirit, God or whatever we believe. A desire for spiritual connection opens the door but to keep that door wide open we have to change ourselves inside. To have a good friend we need to be a good friend!

Zeddy

1/21/2010 10:38:38 PM Are You Psychic? What other gifts do you have?  

chat_girl
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (20,859)
Desoto, TX
53, joined Jan. 2009

1/23/2010 1:23:19 AM Are You Psychic? What other gifts do you have?  
11_sunshine_11
Burlington, NC
57, joined Jan. 2010

I agree with we are all born with the ability to see,talk,feel, and sense Spirit,to vision some of past,present and future. Then most ppl are brought up within some kind of a religious structure that teaches its wrong to do these things, the way their religion speaks of and we forget what we already know. As children we see and talk to Spirit all the time and adults will tell us it's our imaginations and it's not real, as we grow we are told to quit doing that so out of fear and the being exiled from others we stop. Believing in what your hearing let's you Know what your hearing and seeing is real. Fact is not all of what we see and hear is good, but then again neither are all of the beings from this and many realms. There are other worlds, in them are good and bad. Our minds try to decipher the logic in what it sees and hears because we were taught to do that. Some time messages come that we cannot understand, that's because the message wasn't for us to understand anyways, it was meant for someone else and they may or may not understand it at all, or even conceive the message was for them. We choose when we decide to use our gifts whether we want to use them for the good of others or for the dark side. Personally I choose to work on the side of Love and Light. I will give subtle warnings of impending danger if I feel it,see it, I do try not to scare the bejeezers out of ppl with my subtle warnings, it is up to those that the messages or visions are for whether they take the advice of the Spirit that is speaking or showing us the vision or not. Also not all bad dreams are to warn of impending danger, if you keep a journal of your dreams,whether you totally remember it all or not and visions you will see in time they all fall into place and we were being given a message in bits and pieces. I recommend that ppl who have what they think are called Bad Dreams will find often it wasn't meant to be translated into what you thought it was. Do some studying on dreaming, and what they are trying to tell you before you think they are Bad. You might be quite surprised and more at peace with what your seeing. Also I have found that if you don't want to see the dark entities or bad things that are and of the Universe then ask your Higher Power to please not let you see it and it will stop. But if you do that you may be preventing yourself from being able to help others in some ways. The dark can only scare you if you let it. It thrives off of fear, you feed it when your afraid of it, be brave,feel it, mean it,and tell it, I don't fear you and to get lost. It will. Sometimes a scary looking spirit comes to us in many ways for many reasons, some want found so their families can be at peace and they don't mean to scare you at all, some don't even know they are past on yet or are just grabbing onto anything that might be able to see them to help them make sense of where and why they are where they are. I've called the police a few times about my visions. Nothing ever came of them but I at least tried to help those that came to me and will continue to do so. I speak to the Spirits in my home or wherever I see them, if they are showing themselves to you they want acknowledged I think. It takes a lot for Spirit to show themselves to us because yes their vibrational frequency is different than ours. also I read Tarot cards, I work with my pendulum and I Am a Reiki Healer. I do not claim to belong to any religion, tho I do so Believe and Know there is a Higher Power/s. I take what works for me and live by that. Practice,Practice,Practice using your abilities to hone them in, you will find you understand more. Read,Learn,Practice as with anything else you will get better at what your working on/with. Everyday is a Blessings, go in Peace and Love for All for we Are All One. Love and Light to All. XX's

1/27/2010 1:30:17 AM Are You Psychic? What other gifts do you have?  
__becca__
Austin, TX
41, joined Dec. 2009

I have been intuitive my whole life. I've never known any other way to be. I was raised to think for myself. Question everything and not to just believe what I was told to believe. I believe everyone is intuitive from birth. What clouds it is people telling you it's not real or its bad. I wasn't taught any religion. I wasn't feared into believing I would go to hell because I believed different than others. I have pondered into so many thoughts about the Universe. What could this all really be? What makes us who we are? I don't understand how people can limit themselves in as many ways as they do. I am psychic. I'm a Metaphysical Practitioner. I work as an intuitive advisor. (I do have many testimonials from people I have helped through my readings)I have helped people all over the world for many years. My gifts in psychic terms include clairaudient, claircognizant, clairsentient, clairvoyant, empath, and who knows what else. I can read tarot cards, self taught. The cards are not needed for me to read. Although I do enjoy using them from time to time. I don't believe in the book meanings too much. Every reading is different. Every person is different. I love quantum mechanics. Everything is energy, everything. I'm big into manifesting. And I believe to explain The Universe and/or our Higher Wisdoms are uncomprehendable to our human minds. I believe that we are one with the universe and with each other. I help people understand we go through so many different self realizations in our life times. Every self realization is different from the one before. You learn more wisdom as long as you allow yourself to. I also help people understand they have choices in life. Just because I read something for them, it does not mean it is written in stone. You can change your actions and choices. You cannot change another persons action or choices. Free will. Everyone has it. This is a lifestyle not just an interest. I also have children who have shown abilities from a very young age too. I have raised them to question beliefs and to think freely without restriction. When they come to me asking a question, I tell them how I feel about it answer I am giving. I then I ask them what their thoughts are. We are a very open minded family. At the same time, we are very down to earth. I love my gifts, I love helping people understand life to the best of my knowledge. I've always been a very deep thinker. It does still amaze me how I know what I know, but I just do. I trust my feelings and speak what I feel. I will only speak that of which I know to be true, to the best of my knowledge. This is just who I am. =)

[Edited 1/27/2010 1:52:18 AM ]

1/27/2010 2:26:14 PM Are You Psychic? What other gifts do you have?  
__becca__
Austin, TX
41, joined Dec. 2009

Quote from nonstandard:
The mind is bombarded by incredible amounts of information , but the mind is only capable of organizing only small potions of what we perceive . For this reason , logic will sort , lable , and prioritize , all the information that we perceive .

Really? So I take it you have explored and researched the entire brain right? You must be famous then! We only know about 10-15% of the brain and what it is capable of. Logic isn't always the only key for knowledge. You must also trust your intuition and senses too. If you get a bad feeling about driving down a road but logic tells you the road is fine. Trust me, you're going to stop and rethink if the road is safe. Don't limit yourself to being just a body with a mind. This is how people put limitations on themselves. In order to truly experience abilities, you really need an open mind. With abilities, you can't always make logic out of what you're feeling.

[Edited 1/27/2010 2:35:00 PM ]

1/30/2010 9:07:31 AM Are You Psychic? What other gifts do you have?  

nonstandard
Over 2,000 Posts (2,219)
York, PA
52, joined Jun. 2009
online now!

Quote from __becca__:
Really? So I take it you have explored and researched the entire brain right? You must be famous then! We only know about 10-15% of the brain and what it is capable of. Logic isn't always the only key for knowledge. You must also trust your intuition and senses too. If you get a bad feeling about driving down a road but logic tells you the road is fine. Trust me, you're going to stop and rethink if the road is safe. Don't limit yourself to being just a body with a mind. This is how people put limitations on themselves. In order to truly experience abilities, you really need an open mind. With abilities, you can't always make logic out of what you're feeling.

I agree , that you did'nt understand what I said . How can I argue with what I was trying to say from the start ?
Could you try to be a little more intuitive ?

[Edited 1/30/2010 9:13:01 AM ]

1/30/2010 9:42:32 AM Are You Psychic? What other gifts do you have?  

trippy_hare
Over 2,000 Posts (2,343)
Arvada, CO
32, joined Jun. 2009

I wonder how many "psychics" have the ability to use a line break?

As to the 10% of the brain nonsense- you've been misled, I'm afraid. Since I'm too lazy to break it down, I'll let Snopes do it for me:

The argument that psychic powers come from the unused majority of the brain is based on the logical fallacy of the argument from ignorance. In this fallacy, lack of proof for a position (or simply lack of information) is used to try to support a particular claim. Even if it were true that the vast majority of the human mind is unused (which it clearly is not), that fact in no way implies that any extra capacity could somehow give people paranormal powers. This fallacy pops up all the time in paranormal claims, and is especially prevalent among UFO proponents. For example: Two people see a strange light in the sky. The first, a UFO believer, says, "See there! Can you explain that?" The skeptic replies that no, he can't. The UFO believer is gleeful. "Ha! You don't know what it is, so it must be aliens!" he says, arguing from ignorance.

What follows are two of the reasons that the Ten-Percent story is suspect. (For a much more thorough and detailed analysis of the subject, see Barry Beyerstein's chapter in the 1999 book Mind Myths: Exploring Everyday Mysteries of the Mind.)

1) Brain imaging research techniques such as PET scans (positron emission tomography) and fMRI (functional magnetic resonance imaging) clearly show that the vast majority of the brain does not lie fallow. Indeed, although certain minor functions may use only a small part of the brain at one time, any sufficiently complex set of activities or thought patterns will indeed use many parts of the brain. Just as people don't use all of their muscle groups at one time, they also don't use all of their brain at once. For any given activity, such as eating, watching television, making love, or reading, you may use a few specific parts of your brain. Over the course of a whole day, however, just about all of the brain is used at one time or another.

2) The myth presupposes an extreme localization of functions in the brain. If the "used" or "necessary" parts of the brain were scattered all around the organ, that would imply that much of the brain is in fact necessary. But the myth implies that the "used" part of the brain is a discrete area, and the "unused" part is like an appendix or tonsil, taking up space but essentially unnecessary. But if all those parts of the brain are unused, removal or damage to the "unused" part of the brain should be minor or unnoticed. Yet people who have suffered head trauma, a stroke, or other brain injury are frequently severely impaired. Have you ever heard a doctor say, ". . . But luckily when that bullet entered his skull, it only damaged the 90 percent of his brain he didn't use"? Of course not.

Truth is, the "we only use 10% of our brains" nonsense is mostly a misinterpretation of facts... from the 80's. See, back then, only 10% or so of the human brain had been mapped. People misunderstood that to mean only 10% was used.

Is this thread done yet? Or is some other stranger going to post a 60,000 word diatribe without a single indent or line break? Because endless blocks of unbroken text are so simple to read.

Further to that- intuition and empathy are not some sort of "mystical feely powers" given to a select few. Being capable of empathy is necessary to function normally in society, and develops so early on in life as to be nearly innate. Intuition is just another way of saying "observant", and since a great deal of human communication is nonverbal, being able to decipher auditory and visual cues without explicitly being told what they mean is NOT a magic power.

[Edited 1/30/2010 9:46:55 AM ]

1/30/2010 1:55:59 PM Are You Psychic? What other gifts do you have?  
__becca__
Austin, TX
41, joined Dec. 2009

Quote from nonstandard:
I agree , that you did'nt understand what I said . How can I argue with what I was trying to say from the start ?
Could you try to be a little more intuitive ?

You said the mind is "ONLY" capable of.... Intuition has nothing to do with me reading your post. I was making the point of people limit themselves. To say only made it sound like, theres no other way, which in fact nobody knows that, as we only know a small % of what the brain is capable of. Don't get pissy!! This isn't an intuitive pissing contest. (Make light of it)

[Edited 1/30/2010 1:58:07 PM ]

1/30/2010 2:03:56 PM Are You Psychic? What other gifts do you have?  

trippy_hare
Over 2,000 Posts (2,343)
Arvada, CO
32, joined Jun. 2009

Again, that's not true- "we", as in, the human species, are pretty damn sure of a great deal of what the brain is capable of. Sure, there's some functions that elude definitive, empirically observable answers- but that does NOT equate to "magic powers" or "super-intuition" or anything else.

1/30/2010 2:11:31 PM Are You Psychic? What other gifts do you have?  
__becca__
Austin, TX
41, joined Dec. 2009

Quote from trippy_hare:
Again, that's not true- "we", as in, the human species, are pretty damn sure of a great deal of what the brain is capable of. Sure, there's some functions that elude definitive, empirically observable answers- but that does NOT equate to "magic powers" or "super-intuition" or anything else.
How is that not true? The brain is capable of so much that has not been studied. I don't feel in our lifetime they will discover everything the brain is capable of. We can hit many levels in this discussion about the brain. We should start a thread on this subject.

1/30/2010 2:46:07 PM Are You Psychic? What other gifts do you have?  

trippy_hare
Over 2,000 Posts (2,343)
Arvada, CO
32, joined Jun. 2009

How is that not true?

Because most of the brain's functions have been mapped already. The only real "mysteries" left regard how the brain prepares for death, and/or what triggers different neurotransmitters to be manufactured and released.

The brain is capable of so much that has not been studied.

Actually, it has been studied. Neurology specifically studies the brain and the nervous system. Just because something is not known in its entirety, doesn't mean anything can happen.

To put it another way-

For many years, nobody really understood what function the Appendix had. Does that mean it was a holding cell for tiny, invisible aliens? Of course not.

I don't feel in our lifetime they will discover everything the brain is capable of.

I agree- but that's because some functions of the brain would be completely unethical and impossible to study: for example, what stimuli specifically triggers the brain to release an endorphin flood at death. You can't feasibly study that.

We can hit many levels in this discussion about the brain. We should start a thread on this subject.

By all means.

2/2/2010 7:22:15 AM Are You Psychic? What other gifts do you have?  

nonstandard
Over 2,000 Posts (2,219)
York, PA
52, joined Jun. 2009
online now!

Quote from __becca__:
You said the mind is "ONLY" capable of.... Intuition has nothing to do with me reading your post. I was making the point of people limit themselves. To say only made it sound like, theres no other way, which in fact nobody knows that, as we only know a small % of what the brain is capable of. Don't get pissy!! This isn't an intuitive pissing contest. (Make light of it)

You get what you give . Deal with it .

2/3/2010 1:59:29 AM Are You Psychic? What other gifts do you have?  
__becca__
Austin, TX
41, joined Dec. 2009

Quote from nonstandard:
You get what you give . Deal with it .

Pissy? Lol!

2/20/2010 10:40:51 AM Are You Psychic? What other gifts do you have?  
rhodora
Queen Creek, AZ
38, joined Jan. 2009

Yes, I am psychic. I've always had the gift but never believed it until I went home to the Philippines August 2009. Ask me anything you want and I will tell you. If you don't believe, though, I can't tell you the truth. But if you believe, I will tell you the truth. I feel that this is the gift of the Holy Spirit due to the spiritual battle I fought for three years. This gift is only to be used to build the church, encourage other people, to improve relatioships, etc. It's nothing to help you get rich or to know the future.

3/6/2010 10:56:47 AM Are You Psychic? What other gifts do you have?  
southernviking
Over 1,000 Posts (1,316)
El Cajon, CA
43, joined Dec. 2009

Quote from wolfyhp:

Namaste,

Rev. Ancient Wolf

wolf don't always agree with what you say this time i do but you are always worth listening to. glad you are on these forums.

5/10/2010 6:34:42 PM Are You Psychic? What other gifts do you have?  
jennyann71
Over 4,000 Posts! (5,349)
Clarksville, AR
73, joined Apr. 2009

Quote from ghosteagle53:
I do agree with you .

5/10/2010 6:39:09 PM Are You Psychic? What other gifts do you have?  
jennyann71
Over 4,000 Posts! (5,349)
Clarksville, AR
73, joined Apr. 2009

"quoteheader]Quote from rhodora:
5/18/2010 4:18:11 PM Are You Psychic? What other gifts do you have?  

honeywater
Youngstown, OH
53, joined Apr. 2010

Hi, I am a Psychic who is also a medium. All mediums are psychic and not all psychics are mediums. My gift was the result of a near death expierince in my early 2o's, it took me many years to come to terms with this. My family was not very supportive of my abilities till I worked with our local police, using my ablities. I have no regrets and have had many oppurtunities to use my gift, I now teach others how to develop their own abilities. Honey Water aka Gifted Mystic

5/31/2010 4:02:19 AM Are You Psychic? What other gifts do you have?  

gorgonqueen
Durban
South Africa
33, joined May. 2010

Hi I'm new in this thread. I would like to share some of my experiences with you. I can't tell you how glad I am to come across a thread concerning this topic. My whole life I've been aware of my abilities and I've never been able to share them with anyone outside my family such as my friends. Afraid of being mocked I guess. Also some of my friends and family are of the Christian faith and tend to be very narrow-minded about such things. I'm of the Hindu faith. OK. Sorry for rambling.
In my family my brother, sister and I have certain abilities, which we've all inherited from our mother, who in turn inherited from her mother and father.
My brother can see and speak to the dead. I know it's hard to believe but it's true. My sister can see them but she cannot speak to them. I guess that's mostly because she's terrified of them.
And myself, I can sense when they're around. I heard them "walk" and believe me when I say they do not sound like people. I also have dreams that come true and know things before they happen. My ability to "know" things is particularly strong during a certain time of the year.
Now my mother is the strongest of us all. Our abilities pale in comparison. She's capable of seeing and speaking to the dead. She has visions and know when people are gonna die.
There may be septics even among you who are probably gonna think, I'm pulling a fast one. I would just like to know if there is anyone else out there with these kind of abilities. Thank you for taking the time to read my story.

6/2/2010 11:39:50 AM Are You Psychic? What other gifts do you have?  
menace42
Clarksville, AR
64, joined Apr. 2010

Quote from livingforjesus2:
woooooooooh, this is weird but interesting at the same time.

while i enjoy watching t.v. programs about these things i find most who claim these abilities to be fakers.They have no way to prove what they say,and use it to bolster their selves.feel good about themselves. where something else is lacking in their lives.
As a child i had many dreames of things to come but they are just that dreams.fantsies made buy our minds.
people who claim abilities but don't use them is because it isn't real. they can't use what isn't real to save a life or anything else.

6/3/2010 5:34:47 AM Are You Psychic? What other gifts do you have?  

gorgonqueen
Durban
South Africa
33, joined May. 2010

Menace42, what are you even doing in this thread? If you're not a believer then please go find another thread where they like to bash people like us or create one. Whatever makes you happy. Enjoy yourself with your tunnel vision, narrow-minded buddies.

6/3/2010 5:37:09 AM Are You Psychic? What other gifts do you have?  

gorgonqueen
Durban
South Africa
33, joined May. 2010

And by the way, most true pyschics don't admit their abilities because they're afraid of being mocked or because they simply do not feel the need to announce it to the world.

6/3/2010 3:59:51 PM Are You Psychic? What other gifts do you have?  

trippy_hare
Over 2,000 Posts (2,343)
Arvada, CO
32, joined Jun. 2009

No, menace42 has a perfectly legitimate position- and posting something onto the F**KING INTERNET means that the entire goddamn planet can see and criticize it. If your worldview is so flimsy that a little criticism- and menace42 offered only very little criticism- can shake it, you need to RETHINK that position.

Plugging your ears and screaming "I CAN'T HEAR YOU, LALALALALALA!" isn't going to convince anyone of the validity of your claims. But go ahead and keep at it, gorgon- keep nuking your own credibility. Let me know how that turns out.

7/19/2010 1:42:49 PM Are You Psychic? What other gifts do you have?  
redredgroovy
Over 1,000 Posts (1,000)
Grovespring, MO
47, joined May. 2010

Quote from dewberry:
I cant even read the rest of this thread wo replying to you. I was born with my abilities I have never been taught anything it simply was and no one in my family understood why I could see and feel the dead or would dream about an event only for it to happen hours later.

7/19/2010 2:35:24 PM Are You Psychic? What other gifts do you have?  
redredgroovy
Over 1,000 Posts (1,000)
Grovespring, MO
47, joined May. 2010

Where have u people been all my life....my dau. will be on here later I just called her to tell her about this group. I have always been able to see and talk to the dead and have dreams that occur later or visions when Im awake. Two of my children also have this from birth.I consider it a gift from the Great Spirit but as a child who was raised Southern Babtist in a family who didnt even believe in ghosts or aliens I was the odd one. I am Powhatan a direct descendant of POCAHONTAS and my oldest kids are CHEROKEE and from Chief Josephs tribe. All 3 of them have these have dif. abilities the oldest has Fragile X Syndrome so its hard to say what all he can do. But my other son and oldest dau. have it as does all of my exs family. My youngest 3 are also CHEROKEE but I dont know if they have it yet. The Great Spirit told me my 9yrld would be a Prophet and he is. I feel death see it predict it just as I KNOW when a woman is preg. often b4 they do.I used to keep my visions to myself unless I could warn someone.

7/19/2010 4:13:17 PM Are You Psychic? What other gifts do you have?  

aerospaceguy
Johnson City, TN
53, joined Nov. 2008

Not sure what my gift would be, but in the christian church they called me a prophet.
I am a Leo born the on the peak of the Persides meteor shower.
I am a numerology of 1 and a Chinese OX.
Don't know what it all means but there seams to be at least a small amount of truth in all faiths

I get a vision for something that I want to do or just something that needs done.

Within a short time it happens, or the opportunity is there for me to do it.

7/20/2010 1:51:04 PM Are You Psychic? What other gifts do you have?  

trippy_hare
Over 2,000 Posts (2,343)
Arvada, CO
32, joined Jun. 2009

I find it amazing how often people like to embellish whatever skills they may have to the point that they have supernatural powers.

Intuition, it seems, isn't a good enough explanation for realizing an opportunity when it arises? Oh, but some people have visions that are always 100% accurate. Right?

Hmmmm. Maybe not.

Here, let's let the psychology study Loftus, E.F. & Pickrell, J.E. (1995) The formation of false memories. Psychiatric Annals, 25, 720-725. explain it:

For most of this century, experimental psychologists have been interested in how and why memory fails. As Greene has aptly noted, memories do not exist in a vacuum. Rather, they continually disrupt each other, through a mechanism that we call "interference." Literally thousands of studies have documented how our memories can be disrupted by things that we experienced earlier (proactive interference) or things that we experienced later (retroactive interference).

Or in layman's terms- you have a dream/vision. Then, something occurs similar enough to that dream, that your brain changes its memory of the dream to match the event that is occurring. That's retroactive interference. That's the one that, in my own experience, nails most "psychics" to the wall. Occam's Razor strikes again!

That, and the bullshit elitist "I'm superior to other people because of my oogy-boogy powers" attitude.

Not that I'm saying anyone here has such an attitude or anything.

[Edited 7/20/2010 1:51:25 PM ]

7/20/2010 5:40:28 PM Are You Psychic? What other gifts do you have?  

wolfyhp
Over 2,000 Posts (3,921)
Bradley, CA
42, joined Apr. 2008

Quote from trippy_hare:
I find it amazing how often people like to embellish whatever skills they may have to the point that they have supernatural powers.

Intuition, it seems, isn't a good enough explanation for realizing an opportunity when it arises? Oh, but some people have visions that are always 100% accurate. Right?

Hmmmm. Maybe not.

Here, let's let the psychology study Loftus, E.F. & Pickrell, J.E. (1995) The formation of false memories. Psychiatric Annals, 25, 720-725. explain it:

For most of this century, experimental psychologists have been interested in how and why memory fails. As Greene has aptly noted, memories do not exist in a vacuum. Rather, they continually disrupt each other, through a mechanism that we call "interference." Literally thousands of studies have documented how our memories can be disrupted by things that we experienced earlier (proactive interference) or things that we experienced later (retroactive interference).

Or in layman's terms- you have a dream/vision. Then, something occurs similar enough to that dream, that your brain changes its memory of the dream to match the event that is occurring. That's retroactive interference. That's the one that, in my own experience, nails most "psychics" to the wall. Occam's Razor strikes again!

That, and the bullshit elitist "I'm superior to other people because of my oogy-boogy powers" attitude.

Not that I'm saying anyone here has such an attitude or anything.

Regardless if the talent is for baseball, psychic abilities, or otherwise, people tend to like to feel superior to others because they have a level of skill with something that most people don't possess. Truth is, we all have talents of some sort or another. Some are balanced in their talents because that's what they need, and they don't excel at any one thing in particular. Others are given strong talents in some areas, but remain weak in others. We are all given the skills we need. It's easy to get irritated at one particular group because certain skilled members of it lord themselves over others. However, we gotta realize that it's just human nature and that people who think they're better than others often need a lot of help with their self-esteem, or they're just jerks. Those jerks exist in many areas of life, but I don't paint a whole group by those bad examples.

As to psychic abilities, I've seen too much to question their reality. It's not a matter of an event happening and then "woah, that was just like a dream I had." That's more how it was when I was a child. Now, when I have a dream, vision, feeling, etc, I often know before something happens that it's going to happen. When my uncle Paul "visited" me in a half dream a few years ago, I knew the next morning before my mom even told me he was in the hospital, that he had died. (she didn't know he was dead at that point either. I let the hospital tell her with all of us. And it doesn't mean I wasn't very affected still.)

I'm not the greatest psychic in the land or anything like that either. I was just raised to nurture those natural abilities that many people have to some extent or another.

7/21/2010 10:21:56 PM Are You Psychic? What other gifts do you have?  
becca013
Raleigh, NC
25, joined Jul. 2010

do seeing orbs count? I can see their color and size. Also, I have preminions and dejavou moments that always seem to relate to me.

7/22/2010 2:37:54 AM Are You Psychic? What other gifts do you have?  
good_kush
Spring Valley, OH
25, joined Sep. 2009

i can feel peoples thoughts and i act on these feelings primarily, regardless words, i just know what others want or how they feel. ive always operated this way and i hate to say this but im almost always right, i have the divine intuition lol.

7/22/2010 8:21:47 AM Are You Psychic? What other gifts do you have?  

wolfyhp
Over 2,000 Posts (3,921)
Bradley, CA
42, joined Apr. 2008

Quote from good_kush:
i can feel peoples thoughts and i act on these feelings primarily, regardless words, i just know what others want or how they feel. ive always operated this way and i hate to say this but im almost always right, i have the divine intuition lol.

Most people would chalk that up to very good observation skills. You can tell a lot about what someone is thinking or feeling by subtle voice or body cues. Most people observe these things unconsciously, so it seems "psychic." Gypsy kids are taught to observe people very closely and learn them so it makes it easier to do business with them. (That doesn't mean a gypsy psychic is necessarily scamming you as many do have genuine ability. A trained eye and ear can tell the difference, but that's part of good observation skills.) However, that doesn't mean you aren't psychic. It's possible that even most people use a bit of what we'd term "psychic" abilities in addition to observation when assessing what others are thinking or feeling. I've seen enough evidence to support that. It's possible you even have a greater ability with it than most folks do.