Select your best hookup:
Local
Gay
Asian
Latin
East Europe

megaperosnals

Getting a date with Mingle2 has by no means been simpler. places to hook up in vancouver In order to register to Loveme you need to let access to the facebook e mail. You can come across out thousands of profiles waiting for having potential dates with you. adultsearch bronx The top rated dating service puts you in reach of on line singles who are craving your interest.

free gay hookup sites like craigslist

This method becomes quite well known amongst people of all genders and ages. dating hanover pa Traditional Internet dating can be difficult for these singles looking for love that lasts but eharmony is not a classic dating web site. Until just the other day I discovered that dating isnt permissible in Islam. amolatinadate When I arrived, he gave me a major bear hug and I was immediately attracted to him.

Home  Sign In  Search  Date Ideas  Join  Forums  Singles Groups  - 100% FREE Online Dating, Join Now!

3/18/2010 12:45:36 PM Has anyone considered boarding school?  
blssd2be
Oklahoma City, OK

I'm curious to see if anyone has considered boarding school for their child? My ex thinks that our oldest should go to one. I've checked the school out just to see what he had in mind, and it's not a bad school. I even like the idea of moving to be near it so I can see him regularly.
So anyway, the question is, "Have any of you considered placing your child in boarding school? And why? Or why not?"

Meet singles at DateHookup.dating, we're 100% free! Join now!

DateHookup.dating - 100% Free Personals

3/19/2010 5:30:31 PM Has anyone considered boarding school?  
papabear64
Over 2,000 Posts (2,893)
Middleburg, FL

i have thought about it but i cant do it i dont want to be without my child for that long

5/24/2010 2:26:30 PM Has anyone considered boarding school?  
torn_lady
Hutchinson, KS

NO, but my daughter's grandpa joking suggested it.

5/24/2010 5:49:07 PM Has anyone considered boarding school?  

pentopaper
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (13,533)
Calhoun, GA

nope,nada aint happening.

5/25/2010 12:36:20 PM Has anyone considered boarding school?  
blackiekat
Rose Hill, KS

If you don't mind my asking, why are you considering boarding school? I would rather be actively involved in all aspects of raising my child not let a lot of strangers be responsible for raising my child. I guess if you had a problem child that you could not control that might be a different story. And I agree with another poster. I could not be away from my kids that much. It would kill me. Why not just hire a full time nanny with a teacher's degree? That would be similar. At least your child would still be with you a lot more.

5/25/2010 6:45:54 PM Has anyone considered boarding school?  
lbc2009
Over 1,000 Posts (1,304)
Long Beach, CA

My son actually boarded for a year in 9th grade. It was his choice. He enjoyed it. He did a lot of traveling and learned a lot about different cultures and countries. I missed him, so I dragged his butt back home.
He made a lot friends and his experiences made him have more compassion for people who are less fortunate.

5/30/2010 5:20:18 AM Has anyone considered boarding school?  

whynotme57
Over 2,000 Posts (2,134)
Jacksonville, FL

I would rather stay single and be with my kids than ship them off for someone else to raise

5/30/2010 12:46:58 PM Has anyone considered boarding school?  

lakersrock
Over 1,000 Posts (1,294)
Springville, UT

no

9/5/2010 2:46:28 PM Has anyone considered boarding school?  

bunnie101
Franklin, OH

heck no i would never send my kid away

9/6/2010 8:26:26 AM Has anyone considered boarding school?  
blssd2be
Oklahoma City, OK

My son is 13 and really wants to attend a Military boarding school. He checked it out online, brought it to my attention. He likes not only the sports and extracurricular activities, but he also likes the curriculum and the step toward his career goal. At 13 he's mature in a lot of ways, though still a mischievous boy with a lot of energy.
I like that he's thinking ahead, and he is being responsible for his future. I've checked out the school he is looking at, requested and received information and even a recruiter came to talk to us. I like the school, and I'd even move to be closer to him. I'm just not sure if I should go through with it.

9/7/2010 7:47:59 PM Has anyone considered boarding school?  

nana_honey1
Montgomery, AL

My cousin went to a military academy as a day student. If you are planning on moving near the school anyway, but hesitant about having him board, you might check if they offer a day student program. My cousin was able to pursue his educational goals, but lived at home. Some of the "boarders" used to come home with him for the weekend and holidays. It was a wonderful opportunity and good foundation for life.

9/8/2010 12:40:14 AM Has anyone considered boarding school?  

mischiefmanaged
Bellevue, WA

careers have lateral movement. the military as a career has very little lateral movement, especially post-service. don't let him or the recruiters romanticize it. if military was really career- we wouldn't need college options for them. Their experience itself would but market worthy. scan the want ads. Nobody requires military experience. my recently military discharged classmates wouldn't be officially in "retraining". My family in the military wouldn't be taking college classes to be prepared when they're discharged... the only guaranteed thing from the military is the us govt gets your body and your brain to use as they will. anything else is what you bring to it. for most people it's fantasy. the most successful and well-adjusted in the military actually realize this.

But I would say let him go. If he doesn't like it or changes his mind, hopefully you can go back.

9/8/2010 8:09:05 PM Has anyone considered boarding school?  

bunnie101
Franklin, OH

honestly what is wrong with yall first off let ur kids be kids for real thats whats wrong with this world today honestly if yall was my parents and sent me to boarding school i would have k*lled myself really kids are ment to b kids and raised by their parents not a bunch of strangers really now at 18 if they wanted to go to the army military air force or what ever then they go then it would be a good career as a man or woman to serve and help this country not a child living that life as them and not having a child hood. THINK ABOUT IT SERIOUSLYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9/8/2010 11:04:57 PM Has anyone considered boarding school?  

nm_diogenes
Over 2,000 Posts (3,176)
Corrales, NM

NO FREAKING WAY! My daughter is only going to be living with me for a few short years as it is. Why would I want to give away the joy and privilege of my one chance in life to raise my child to someone else that I don't even know? She will have the opportunity for boarding school when she's an adult. It's called COLLEGE!

9/9/2010 11:28:16 AM Has anyone considered boarding school?  
blssd2be
Oklahoma City, OK

Okay, no need to be so hard about it.

BTW it was my son who brought it to me, and his idea. I like that he's thinking about his future. The school he's looking at does top notch college readiness exams in the last two years of school, and has a good history of students be accepted to top colleges throughout the country and even the world. My son wants to attend a school that will give him the advantage of sports, curriculum and the opportunity to continue his faith. I want him to be happy, well adjusted, and have a hopeful future.

As far as the military is concerned, the reason he wants to join the military is so they will train him for whatever job he wishes to continue in outside of the military. They will pay for him to go to college. True, he will have to give a few years of his life in the military for his country; but we are both patriotic people, and are proud to serve our country wherever and whenever we can!

However, I'm glad I got such a diverse set of opinions on the matter, and hope you all will continue to give your opinions. Thanks so much!

9/9/2010 12:46:05 PM Has anyone considered boarding school?  

nana_honey1
Montgomery, AL

Just because a young man chooses to go to a military academy doesn't mean that he will go into the military. My cousin didn't. After graduation, he went to a university and actually ended up in politics.

The reason people in the military, whether enlisted or officers, continue their education while in the military is to advance in rank within the military, not just to prepare them for the years after the military, which no doubt it does. Besides, not all members of the military are in "warrior" type jobs. There is every job imaginable from accountant to water treatment plant operators, which are certainly marketable skills on the "outside." (I've worked for the Department of Defense for 33 years.)

9/9/2010 1:36:30 PM Has anyone considered boarding school?  

bunnie101
Franklin, OH

crazyyyy

9/9/2010 1:40:25 PM Has anyone considered boarding school?  

bunnie101
Franklin, OH

nm diogenes is right im on ur side 100%

9/11/2010 1:04:38 PM Has anyone considered boarding school?  

giggles_3
Over 2,000 Posts (2,176)
Redding, CA

Why on Earth would anyone hand over thier child to a group of strangers?
Ok, so they will get a good education and hopefully make some life long friends...

But what happens when they are in need of a mommy, or daddy and me moment?

Do you seriuosly think that the teachers will crawl into bed with them and hold them while they cry themselves to sleep?

I say shame on parents who can find the time to create life, only to put them in boarding school!

9/11/2010 1:23:15 PM Has anyone considered boarding school?  

deepthinker_76
Chicago, IL

No...When I had my second child a few months ago. I had to be in the hospital for three days because I had a c-section. I missed my daughter so much and she was only a mile away at my mother's house. I could never send my children away

[Edited 9/11/2010 1:23:26 PM ]

9/11/2010 1:40:56 PM Has anyone considered boarding school?  

lovethelake17
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (10,077)
Henderson, NV

My cousin, whom I was as close to as if we were siblings, was sent to a boarding school starting in 5th grade. It was in Germany. We lived in MN.

He wasn't sent there because he was a problem child or he needed discipline. He was sent there because, well, for several reasons. Not many of which speak well of his mother or his father for that matter, not that he had a lot of voice in the decision. (Why he agreed made me think a lot less of him.)

But he did get an excellent education and for that reason alone, which is one his mother cited, it was good.

He absolutely hated it there, and saw it as a banishment. It was a horrible place for him because he was so alone and lonely. Luckily, we had another aunt and her family who lived relatively close so he could spend holidays and vacations with them. They were probably a huge factor in him keeping his equilibrium.

It was a really good school, though, that attracted a lot of diplomats' sons and other upper class kids. However, I'm pretty sure that he may have been the only American. He was there for several years. I think he came back in his junior year and went to a high school in MN.

I used to beg to be sent myself, so that he wouldn't be all alone there.

Based on that, I wouldn't send a child to boarding school, unless it was a place he or she really wanted to go, or there was another compelling reason for it.

[Edited 9/11/2010 1:41:45 PM ]

9/24/2010 11:15:28 PM Has anyone considered boarding school?  

railgal
Fort Worth, TX

nope