Select your best hookup:
Local
Gay
Asian
Latin
East Europe

www.listcrawler.com

Never ever, you are opening oneself to a globe of trouble. singles groups in spokane Couples need to abide by rules around masks and social distancing though remaining alert to a deadly virus. 16 Greatest Dating Apps That Aren t Tinder Or Bumble rubratings lexington I think the stats are anything like 10 guys to every single girl on the dating web pages.

over 40 listcrawler

Although broaching the subject of revenue can be tricky, figuring out the right economic queries to ask your partner can assistance make positive you re each on the identical path. redding ca singles Let your match know that you re into them and want to connect more. HER has helped countless LGBTQ+ girls obtain a connection, fall in adore, make buddies, and really feel much more connected to the queer neighborhood. how to get a vietnamese woman Nevertheless, a new policy requires the users to fill out only a couple of concerns.

Home  Sign In  Search  Date Ideas  Join  Forums  Singles Groups  - 100% FREE Online Dating, Join Now!

4/30/2010 9:04:55 PM Is Marriage Good For Your Health?  

nenebubbles
Over 7,500 Posts!! (7,574)
Naperville, IL

I saw an interesting article on the internet that I thought would offer an informative and fun discussion for us.

Marriage isn't for everyone, but there are some health benefits for those who choose to tie the knot. Overall, happily married people tend to live longer and are healthier than their single counterparts.

However, while both men and women tend to benefit from marriage, the specific health rewards they reap are often quite different. Furthermore, in the case of some health conditions, marriage isn't the quite the health boon at all.

Pro: Married Women Stress Less
Women who are happily married can get rid of their workday stress more easily than those who are not married. Researchers took samples of saliva from men and women four times a day to test their cortisol levels. Cortisol, a stress hormone, dropped when women in happy marriages returned home at the end of stressful days. Women who were less happily married showed a flatter daily pattern of cortisol release, suggesting that they don't rebound from stressful events as well as their happily married peers.

Con: Married Women Gain Weight
Women who live with a significant other adapt their partner's eating patterns, making them more likely to gain weight. The study found that a 140-pound woman gained 20 pounds in 10 years on average if she had a live-in partner and a child but only 15 pounds if she had a partner and no kids. Singletons put on only 11 pounds.

Pro: Married Men Are Less Likely to Have Strokes
Single men had a 64 percent higher risk of a fatal stroke than married men. If those marriages weren't happy, though, the benefit disappeared.

Con: Heart Disease Risk Increases for Both Sexes in Bad Marriages
The risk of heart disease can actually go up if you're in a bad marriage or experiencing other close relationships marked by negativity. Those in negative relationships were 34 percent more likely to have a heart problems than those who were in happy marriages.

Pro: Married Men and Women are Less Likely to Develop Dementia
Middle-aged people who live alone are twice as likely to develop dementia and Alzheimer's disease than those who are married or cohabit, while those who have widowed or divorced midlife carry three times the risk.

Con: Fighting Makes Both Partners Suffer, Especially Women
Couples who argue may be making themselves sick. Arguments filled with sarcasm, put-downs, nastiness and dismissals can weaken each individual's immune system, making men and women more likely to get sick. Women are more at risk than their husbands.

Pro: In Happy Marriages, Both Sexes Have Lower Blood Pressure
Married men and women also have lower blood pressure than singletons. Having great social support systems didn't help those who were not partnered.

Pro: Marriage Keeps Depression at Bay
Marriage, which provides social and emotional support, reduces depression and anxiety. However, researchers aren't sure whether that's because those who get and stayed married are less likely to be depressed or because marriage improves their mental health. Other studies show that those who are already depressed get a psychological boost from marriage, even if their marriage doesn't last, according to a study in the Journal of Health and Social Behavior.

I only cut and paste the highlights ... more detailed informaton can be found at America Online Health section.

I think a "partner in crime" could deter dementia and keep depression at bay.

Meet singles at DateHookup.dating, we're 100% free! Join now!

DateHookup.dating - 100% Free Personals

4/30/2010 9:25:13 PM Is Marriage Good For Your Health?  
dancenfeet
Kent, WA

I can think of some other activity besides marriage that reduces stress, blood pressure, depression and weight gain!

5/1/2010 3:28:51 AM Is Marriage Good For Your Health?  

harrybyvick
Vicksburg, MI

I'm not touching this one - trouble written all over it for me-lol!

5/1/2010 5:52:25 AM Is Marriage Good For Your Health?  

nenebubbles
Naperville, IL

Quote from harrybyvick:
I'm not touching this one - trouble written all over it for me-lol!

Why Harry, are you trying to keep your blood pressure down without marriage? Tsk tsk..

5/1/2010 5:59:51 AM Is Marriage Good For Your Health?  

10snut
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (23,775)
Waxahachie, TX

well I can't remember if marriage was good for my health or not - been single a long time - I just know that marriage was good for something.....and I won't say what since i've already got it posted on my forehead what it is good for......

5/1/2010 6:22:13 AM Is Marriage Good For Your Health?  

shaggyolddog
Over 4,000 Posts! (4,610)
Ocean Shores, WA

This isn't like one of those stings that cops pull, is it? They call ya and say ya won a TV set or something and when ya go to pick it up, they arrest ya for all your outstanding unpaid parking tickets or whatever. This isn't one of those is it? You don't have a preacher hidin around the corner waitin to marry us, when we come in here unsuspectingly to answer the question, do ya? I wore my sneakers just in case I need to bolt for the door.

5/1/2010 6:29:24 AM Is Marriage Good For Your Health?  

aginghippy2008
Over 7,500 Posts!! (8,186)
Beaverton, OR

Quote from 10snut:
well I can't remember if marriage was good for my health or not - been single a long time - I just know that marriage was good for something.....and I won't say what since i've already got it posted on my forehead what it is good for......

Well ... all I can say is ... your feelings are diametrically opposed to mine!

5/1/2010 6:30:59 AM Is Marriage Good For Your Health?  

nenebubbles
Naperville, IL

@ Shaggy.

If you noticed, I am not one of those seeking marriage BUT this article made me think even more seriously about dating and finding a long term monogamous relationship that might grow into living together because it is hard to live without which would then deter dementia and depression. I don't want to be a sad, grumpy, and ditzy ole lady

[Edited 5/1/2010 6:32:32 AM ]

5/1/2010 6:34:59 AM Is Marriage Good For Your Health?  

aginghippy2008
Beaverton, OR

Quote from nenebubbles:
@ Shaggy.

If you noticed, I am not one of those seeking marriage BUT this article made me think even more seriously about dating and finding a long term monogamous relationship that might grow into living together because it is hard to live without which would then deter dementia and depression. I don't want to be a sad, grumpy ole lady

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm ... blonde thinking

There isn't a chance in h*ll you would ever turn into a "sad, grumpy ole lady."

5/1/2010 6:47:51 AM Is Marriage Good For Your Health?  
nuts4ya
Bedford, IN

//////////

5/1/2010 6:51:48 AM Is Marriage Good For Your Health?  

lkavour92
Over 1,000 Posts (1,731)
Newport, TN

Playing House?......definitely Marriage.......never? Not being a victim of "dementia", I still remember that......

5/1/2010 6:51:56 AM Is Marriage Good For Your Health?  

newlady2
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (20,897)
Goldsboro, NC

J < Grumpy etc ?? Can't see it happening !!

5/1/2010 8:49:29 AM Is Marriage Good For Your Health?  

harrybyvick
Vicksburg, MI

I don't know - seems when I hear the word marriage I think of the catholic nuns screeching the chalk on the chalk board that just made the hair on my head twitch-lol!

5/1/2010 9:24:56 AM Is Marriage Good For Your Health?  

kanedog
Over 2,000 Posts (3,489)
Onaway, MI

da ta dun , da ta dun , da ta dun just lurking on this thread

5/1/2010 9:51:53 AM Is Marriage Good For Your Health?  
lkitten
Stephens City, VA

All I am going to say is that when I left my ex I lost 40 pounds.

5/1/2010 10:04:32 AM Is Marriage Good For Your Health?  

texangelfire
Over 2,000 Posts (2,181)
Krum, TX

I am analyzing the whole thing and after 2 marriages totaling 41 years it gives me a lot to analyze. After hours No years of analyzing the ups and downs I have come to the conclusion that

I do know I love being married. My comfortable identity is that of wife. I personally get a lot out of doing nice things for a special person I love pleasing and pampering and I love being loved. OK enough of the mush

5/2/2010 11:22:10 AM Is Marriage Good For Your Health?  

kweekhi7
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (11,316)
Lansdale, PA

Quote from lkitten:

Darn, Kitten, that is all he weighed?

5/2/2010 5:34:23 PM Is Marriage Good For Your Health?  

aginghippy2008
Beaverton, OR

Someone once told me that sex was better before marriage than after getting married.

Therefore, he never had sex with married women ... including his wife!

5/2/2010 5:55:08 PM Is Marriage Good For Your Health?  

newlady2
Goldsboro, NC

Oh Hip Sex is good , as for marriage along with it-- that answer is up for grabs ..

5/3/2010 4:15:58 AM Is Marriage Good For Your Health?  
nuts4ya
Bedford, IN

Wedding cake causes lackofsex.....Don't eat it....

5/3/2010 5:59:22 AM Is Marriage Good For Your Health?  

aginghippy2008
Beaverton, OR

And the reason I would respectfully decline to get married again would be ????

5/3/2010 6:44:46 AM Is Marriage Good For Your Health?  

harrybyvick
Vicksburg, MI

Well I will get remarried just as soon as Bill Clinton tells us what he really did with those cigars-lol!

5/3/2010 7:53:57 AM Is Marriage Good For Your Health?  

nenebubbles
Naperville, IL

Harry, I think that having a significant other (your artist) has helped develop your sense of irony and humor ...

5/3/2010 7:45:32 PM Is Marriage Good For Your Health?  

ooohman2
Over 2,000 Posts (2,690)
Knoxville, TN

Well after reading this whole post. What I gather is that a little piece of paper has the power to make one happy,healthy,remove stress,lower blood pressure,prevent strokes and add years to our life's. What the heck do we need doctors and medical insurance for then?

5/3/2010 9:06:33 PM Is Marriage Good For Your Health?  
lkitten
Stephens City, VA

Quote from kweekhi7:
Darn, Kitten, that is all he weighed?

Well......he did not weigh too much, come to think of it.

5/4/2010 5:05:17 AM Is Marriage Good For Your Health?  
nuts4ya
Bedford, IN

Quote from harrybyvick:
Well I will get remarried just as soon as Bill Clinton tells us what he really did with those cigars-lol!

Well Harry I will tell you so you have to get married..... As with snuff he was doing the ole dip and sniff. People have been doing that with tobacco for centuries. When is the wedding date.....

5/4/2010 6:23:22 AM Is Marriage Good For Your Health?  
gentlebear1949
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (13,403)
Wooster, OH

5/4/2010 7:18:10 AM Is Marriage Good For Your Health?  

nenebubbles
Naperville, IL

GBear, come back from Brazil ... you could afford to visit Brazil, Indiana. And will you please get dressed so we can see you again?

5/4/2010 9:04:03 AM Is Marriage Good For Your Health?  

miki49
Charlotte, NC

Marriage is actually the optimum situation if it is done right.

Unfortunately it is being pooh poohed by the media as passe, outdated and nitwits are gulping the media hype hook-line-sinker.

Humanity propagates by mating. The Bible and various other similar teachings tried to promote a healthier and cleaner, more hygenic method of propagating than dogs & cats.

Fatherless children, or motherless children are the result of the down playing of the importance of marrage as a lifestyle.

Marriages are about the business of a home and combining resources for the long run. Partnerships provide a support system and produce better chance at success for both parents and children of a partnership.

I totally enjoyed being a wife during my long term marriage with the father of my children. That is now over and my experience of the world is different.

That does not mean that I am ever going to be willing to get down to a level of wanting to go do a live pleasure doll stint for every horny bastard that thinks that is what a date is.

I adore men, but I don't intend to be victimized by their stupid trashy obsession with their little pee'r. I adore men when they are up to acting like a human capable of being a functional person with mental ability and capable of functioning physically in more ways than copulation.

The social thingies require the flirty methods, but guys never have understood in 10,000 years of human history what women are actually about, even after being told and told and told over and over and over again.

Funny how women get what men are about, but then the men don't bother to disguise it.

Don't accuse me of looking for marriage again. I've given up and am enjoying the added time of doing what I like to do that it takes only one - not two. I have plenty of love left and now it is for myself.

5/4/2010 10:03:29 AM Is Marriage Good For Your Health?  
frogattheocean
Pacific Beach, WA

5/4/2010 11:24:22 PM Is Marriage Good For Your Health?  

buckethead4242
Over 4,000 Posts! (4,710)
Reyno, AR

Quote from lkitten:

when I got my divorce,, I lost a 180 lbs,,,,,,

5/5/2010 4:19:08 AM Is Marriage Good For Your Health?  

kanedog
Over 2,000 Posts (3,489)
Onaway, MI

Hey bucket its much safer to lurk here

5/5/2010 4:45:51 AM Is Marriage Good For Your Health?  
nuts4ya
Bedford, IN

Bucket....Watch out for the kanedog. Hear he took up dancing... Like in that ballerina stuff....

5/5/2010 5:43:21 PM Is Marriage Good For Your Health?  

10snut
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (23,775)
Waxahachie, TX

Men, They have 30 year mortgages, 5 year car leases, 3 year cell phone contracts and a lifetime gym membership and then they say they're afraid of commitment!

5/5/2010 5:49:25 PM Is Marriage Good For Your Health?  

kanedog
Over 2,000 Posts (3,489)
Onaway, MI

Quote from 10snut:
Men, They have 30 year mortgages, 5 year car leases, 3 year cell phone contracts and a lifetime gym membership and then they say they're afraid of commitment!

No mortgage...own

no lease ... own

no cell phone .... house phone is bad enough

gym ? .... whats that

Hiding in the north woods

5/6/2010 12:18:12 PM Is Marriage Good For Your Health?  

kanedog
Over 2,000 Posts (3,489)
Onaway, MI

I strike again

5/6/2010 2:55:18 PM Is Marriage Good For Your Health?  

nenebubbles
Naperville, IL

Quote from kanedog:
I strike again

Ummm What are you striking against? Low Wages? Dangerous working conditions? Not enough benefits? ... Did you read that part about dementia?

5/6/2010 3:11:01 PM Is Marriage Good For Your Health?  

kanedog
Over 2,000 Posts (3,489)
Onaway, MI

Okay I'm striking against that too

5/6/2010 3:43:51 PM Is Marriage Good For Your Health?  

nenebubbles
Naperville, IL

Scarey ... you are being so agreeable.

5/6/2010 3:51:13 PM Is Marriage Good For Your Health?  

nurssb4u
Port Orange, FL

I agree with marriage is good for your health. You no longer just think of yourself. Usually it is all about him!!

5/6/2010 3:56:01 PM Is Marriage Good For Your Health?  

nenebubbles
Naperville, IL

Quote from nurssb4u:
I agree with marriage is good for your health. You no longer just think of yourself. Usually it is all about him!!

Too funny

Welcome nurssb4u! I think you will enjoy the humour here and definitely add to it.

5/6/2010 3:58:28 PM Is Marriage Good For Your Health?  

nurssb4u
Port Orange, FL

Thanks for the Welcome! 1st time here but I will be back. I Like It!!!

5/6/2010 4:02:17 PM Is Marriage Good For Your Health?  

kanedog
Over 2,000 Posts (3,489)
Onaway, MI

Ummm I dont know married women look pretty good but the men look like they been rode hard and put up wet

5/6/2010 4:04:27 PM Is Marriage Good For Your Health?  

newlady2
Goldsboro, NC

Dang Men-- they havent got any of what it takes nowadays ..

5/6/2010 4:21:48 PM Is Marriage Good For Your Health?  
gentlebear1949
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (13,403)
Wooster, OH

Quote from newlady2:
Dang Men-- they havent got any of what it takes nowadays ..

Is that perhaps why so many men resort to this drastic measure...........

5/6/2010 4:24:43 PM Is Marriage Good For Your Health?  

kanedog
Over 2,000 Posts (3,489)
Onaway, MI

Yea g-bear you the man

5/6/2010 4:25:22 PM Is Marriage Good For Your Health?  

newlady2
Goldsboro, NC

If they are of weak mind Cuddly-- then the answer is yes....

btw.. hold onto this .,,dont send it to me,, THankee!!.

5/6/2010 4:54:33 PM Is Marriage Good For Your Health?  

nenebubbles
Naperville, IL

Quote from kanedog:
Ummm I dont know married women look pretty good but the men look like they been rode hard and put up wet

And here I thought that was what you men wanted. Internal editor said strike that.

When I became a free woman and lost 210 pounds upon the pounding of the judge's gavel, I was devastated but I did not know happiness yet. I read a study about happy people and who was happy.
Married men were the most happy
Unmarried women were the next most happy.
Unmarried men were third on the scale and
Married women were last.

Now maybe times have changed and that study is no longer true .... But I have found much happiness in the years since the gavel pounded. I have come to the point where I think sharing the journey with the right person would be fun. I would like to be the spice in someone's life and I would like a little sugar in mine.

5/6/2010 4:59:23 PM Is Marriage Good For Your Health?  

cuddly101
Over 1,000 Posts (1,216)
Wheeling, WV

I am thrilled beyond belief that my X got married 12 days after the divorce. Much more of his antics and it would not have been good for his health.

5/6/2010 4:59:31 PM Is Marriage Good For Your Health?  

newlady2
Goldsboro, NC

Nene dahling-- what you are saying then is that you are quite tart hence the need for sugar ?? *grin*..

5/6/2010 5:43:28 PM Is Marriage Good For Your Health?  

kanedog
Over 2,000 Posts (3,489)
Onaway, MI

DANGER will robertson danger

5/6/2010 5:47:39 PM Is Marriage Good For Your Health?  

nenebubbles
Naperville, IL

That reminds, Ms M ... did you know what is impossible? or maybe it is an oxymoron ... a cherry tart.

5/6/2010 6:16:48 PM Is Marriage Good For Your Health?  

kanedog
Over 2,000 Posts (3,489)
Onaway, MI

SHUTUP Dave backing out ..........quickly

5/6/2010 7:02:44 PM Is Marriage Good For Your Health?  

nenebubbles
Naperville, IL

Kane dear, is your internal editor working overtime? I know mine has been.

5/6/2010 7:26:45 PM Is Marriage Good For Your Health?  

sassy_lassy
Over 10,000 Posts!!! (13,237)
Kingston, TN

Quote from nenebubbles:
That reminds, Ms M ... did you know what is impossible? or maybe it is an oxymoron ... a cherry tart.

Now that is way to funny..Nene you are priceless.....sassy

5/7/2010 2:44:00 AM Is Marriage Good For Your Health?  

kanedog
Over 2,000 Posts (3,489)
Onaway, MI

Yes sassy go ahead encourage her

5/7/2010 3:07:32 AM Is Marriage Good For Your Health?  

ooohman2
Over 2,000 Posts (2,690)
Knoxville, TN

Morning Kane I see you survived another day

5/7/2010 3:18:56 AM Is Marriage Good For Your Health?  

kanedog
Over 2,000 Posts (3,489)
Onaway, MI

Yep I survived , but sure got skinned up and bruised

5/7/2010 3:25:56 AM Is Marriage Good For Your Health?  

ooohman2
Over 2,000 Posts (2,690)
Knoxville, TN

These lady's can be brutal Maybe you'll get lucky today and find one that
would lick your wounds and make you all better

5/7/2010 3:36:33 AM Is Marriage Good For Your Health?  

kanedog
Over 2,000 Posts (3,489)
Onaway, MI

Hummmm if your a good friend you'd take over as TARGET for the day