Select your best hookup:
Local
Gay
Asian
Latin
East Europe

secret hookup websites

The most effective way to record operate search efforts is by adding them to your OKJobMatch. gay men in ct In reality, some should really be fully silly or inventive and make you both laugh or assume. Even the most ordinary individuals can come up with ingenious suggestions. fetlife orange county Find out what drives a man and you will recognize him on as deeper level than anyone else.

privatedelight app

Normally, people today in their 50s and 60s count on additional commitment and seriousness from their relationships. monroeville singles Obviously I discovered her incredibly eye catching, but I wasn t just seeking for somebody quite. But asking the correct queries can make it much easier for you to recognize no matter whether you d be on the same page if your relationship does end up flourishing. moldova dating website The monthly membership subscription fee is RMB 27, which will deliver solutions including unlimited superlikes and exploring users beyond their dating radius.

Home  Sign In  Search  Date Ideas  Join  Forums  Groups

1/19/2008 9:46:10 AM Purpose Driven Life or Just Driven?  

whidbey
Normal, IL

Mediaman's post in the thread about what jobs we have done in our lifetime started me thinking - I know, thinking on a Saturday! But here we are, all of us at minimum a half century old, with a lot of years to go before we move on to the next chapter for us, whatever our faith/beliefs dictate what that will be.

So, this post is to build off of Anne's job post and is a place for reflection and sharing and supporting each other as we talk about where we are, and where we are headed and where we want to be at the end of our journey here.

I'll just pose some questions for a kick start -

What are the epiphanies in your life and what was the result?
Looking 5 years back is your life on the same track?
Do you want to change the direction of your life and if so, what are you willing to do to make it happen?

[Edited 1/19/2008 9:54:18 AM]

1/19/2008 9:55:54 AM Purpose Driven Life or Just Driven?  

rich101
Lillington, NC

Epiphany 1
Coming in here, coincident or guided?
My true Epiphany in it’s Christian form was back more than five years when God Himself lifted me in His arms, held me, and reviled to me His calling for me. He placed me here in the North Carolina to do His bidding. 6 ½ years latter and I’d not change a thing. The devil is working hard against me, but I don’t worry.

1/19/2008 10:06:10 AM Purpose Driven Life or Just Driven?  

whidbey
Normal, IL

My epiphany came 2.5 years ago when I was 3 months away from homelessness after the nightmare of the previous 3 years.....

I'm not a particularly religious woman, and I won't go into my experience that night. But today I have a job I adore, they pay me to do what I love to do, "me and the bank" own my home and car, and I'm now free to plan the next phase of my life.

I'm an adventurer and have finally accepted that part of me and celebrate my ability to explore parts of me that I have held back for many years. I am starting a Writer's Group in my community and know I will learn so much from others in the group! I'm starting a new part time position at the professional development department at the local community college to fulfill my passion for learning and teaching and my "itchy feet" fund is growing to support my passion for travel.

Life is good....and perhaps there are no more epiphanies in my future, maybe I only needed the one

1/19/2008 10:18:25 AM Purpose Driven Life or Just Driven?  

packmother
Hudson, NY

This book was amazing.
I find that I am both.
Because of having "died" at 3 yrs of age, during a very serious and questionable (at the time) surgery I would say that gave me an insight that I have always been able to hold on to. That is there is a plan for me and my life, if I trust that, I will have what I need to live.

1/19/2008 10:20:42 AM Purpose Driven Life or Just Driven?  

rich101
Lillington, NC

I didn’t want to get into the part of being homeless; you know the “pore you” part. But actually that is when it happened; I was living in my truck.

1/19/2008 10:25:25 AM Purpose Driven Life or Just Driven?  

dakotaman222
Sioux Falls, SD

I would say 10 years ago, in the midst of a painful divorce, I asked myself this question....
Do I go the high road or the low road?
The high road being the road less traveled. I chose to go the high route and have lived my life in a way in which I am most happy. You cannot love another unless you love yourself first.

1/19/2008 10:28:05 AM Purpose Driven Life or Just Driven?  

whidbey
Normal, IL

Hey Rich - we are really only victims of ourselves - when I found myself where I was, it was not what happened to me, but what happened was a result of choices I have made.

The good news is for the most part, our bad choices lead us into better ones

1/19/2008 10:28:19 AM Purpose Driven Life or Just Driven?  

61sunshine
North Augusta, SC

I knew at age 9 I had a calling from God. The years of teaching I tried to convey to the children that there was a God. Wonder I wasn't taken to court for saying the blessing every day in the classroom. Recently I was commissioned as a missionary by my Campers on Mission organization. I know i can't travel like I used to but my neighborhood is a mission field.
In 1981 I lay in the hospital with a blood clot in the leg and I clearly heard someone speak to me and said I'm not through with you yet and He wasn't. My second hubby and I traveled and did a clowning ministry using the arts to witness for Jesus. We worked with MRO at many of the NASCAR tracks plus street fairs and church ministry. I still continue the hospital ministry we started in 1996.

[Edited 1/19/2008 10:31:33 AM]

1/19/2008 10:31:42 AM Purpose Driven Life or Just Driven?  

whidbey
Normal, IL

Pack, your story is pretty amazing - an empowered woman for sure!

1/19/2008 10:37:23 AM Purpose Driven Life or Just Driven?  

whidbey
Normal, IL

Dakota, the high road is always the one that is the hardest to take....sometimes it takes swallowing a whole lot of pride, anger, frustration and revenge.

And then you throw on top of that loving oneself - UFFDA!

But you are so right....and what you say is so very hard to achieve in some cases for me, so hats off to ya!

1/19/2008 10:41:42 AM Purpose Driven Life or Just Driven?  

hobokengirl1
Metuchen, NJ

I just got back a minute ago from the movies. I saw "The Bucket List" and it did me a world of good. If anyone is looking for a shift in his or her perspective, this is the movie to see. Did my heart good. Gave me the weeps in the last scene. A lesson for all of us.

1/19/2008 10:42:28 AM Purpose Driven Life or Just Driven?  

packmother
Hudson, NY

Whid
I wish I was empowered, I am not.
Just lucky enough to know that ever step I make has a purpose, they are guided, I am and will be secured, and I will eventually arrive where I am supposed to. None of which is totally my choosing. That is the very best part, knowing I am never alone on this pathway.

A few years ago, at a very difficult time for me, I heard a song. I think it is a country song. I believe the title was "Live Like You Were Dying" It meant a great deal then, and does still. Around that time I also watched the video of TiTanic again, the theme song never made a lot of sense to me when I had heard it before, but in an instant that all changed. The heart does truly go on.

[Edited 1/19/2008 10:46:35 AM]

1/19/2008 10:44:57 AM Purpose Driven Life or Just Driven?  

shell523
Port Byron, IL

I am with Dakotaman took the high road and still on it- yeppeeeee Its all good! Love most every day and love what I do, glad thing s turned out the way they did. I will say that going thru all the hardships I have been thru has helped me to be where I am today may not have made it if the easy road had been traveled.

1/19/2008 10:48:47 AM Purpose Driven Life or Just Driven?  

whidbey
Normal, IL

Shell you said something I hadn't thought of before - you may not be where you are today if you had taken the easy road....guess those potholes and ruts build perserverance and determination.

Thanks for the thought - and congrats on your successful new business venture!

1/19/2008 10:53:21 AM Purpose Driven Life or Just Driven?  

mediaman
Homosassa, FL

hoboken, I think as agent said in on of his post every one in the 50+ group can relate to the Bucket List movie. It should be required viewing!!! Ha! Go find the Joy in your life.

PS and find someone to share it with!

Page: 1, 2