Select your best hookup:
Local
Gay
Asian
Latin
East Europe

freeblackhookup

Absolutely everyone right here that strategy me is either Married, are in a Relationship, trying to have a lot more than one person and do not know what a lady is worth. lesbian calgary We all go by means of a phase exactly where we cannot get sufficient of a thing, so I m confident your date has one particular as well. I moved from San Diego to Hawaii to join a SEAL team on the island, and I didn t know many individuals there. locanto anaheim I launched All Groan Up in 2011, almost quit anything in 2012, then So helpful and I ll undoubtedly be sharing it with some of my buddies.

https megapersonals eu

To get started viewing messages, select the forum that you want to go to from the choice beneath. savannah singles free It is hassle free and requires the stress off, letting you concentrate on generating an emotional connection. com account. craigslist comcom 1 Like educates young persons about healthful and unhealthy relationships, empowering them to recognize and prevent abuse and understand how to like superior.

Home  Sign In  Search  Date Ideas  Join  Forums  Groups

1/24/2008 2:33:55 AM Hate me for saying this but.....  

sdcentaur
Sioux Falls, SD

I don't understand how a person can get so "attached" to someone they've never met that they bemoan their death like they were a member of their immediate family.

I may wonder what some people may have accomplished had they not died before their time. People like Dr. King for example.

But actors, musicians, athletes? Entertainers all. As a group they have an important function in society but as individuals are they really significant? Does it really matter who the next "James Bond" is?

How much closer are the people you work with, play with, laugh with and cry with? Even the panhandler you try so hard to ignore is closer to you than any of these people.

Save your praise for those you know who go out of their way to help others.

The man who for years cleared the sidewalks of the elderly in our neighborhood, struck down too young by cancer. Younger than I am now.

Get "real". The real "celebrities" are all around you.

1/24/2008 2:50:34 AM Hate me for saying this but.....  

anniebug
Tulsa, OK

you are so right!

celebrate those that have meaning to you personally.

1/24/2008 2:56:19 AM Hate me for saying this but.....  

smileingheart
Bellingham, WA

Good post sd,i agree 100%

1/24/2008 3:00:07 AM Hate me for saying this but.....  

lonealways
Great Falls, MT

SD anyone who actually reads what you have said and can understand it would never get angry with you. May be too deep for some but I say more threads need to be started like this one with intelligent conversation and meaning behind it. Well said and as smiling I agree 100% You make a world of sense.

1/24/2008 3:01:24 AM Hate me for saying this but.....  

thegooddude24
Joliet, IL

Yep ... Life is all around us that's for sure. Famous people are only famous because we make them. We BUY the magazines, we tune into the news, we go to the theater to watch the shows, we buy concert tickets, and we watch reality tv shows. In all truth we are making the fame and we can control it. Death is sad but happens everyday.
I must say now R.I.P. Heath Ledger.

[Edited 1/24/2008 3:05:27 AM]

1/24/2008 3:07:50 AM Hate me for saying this but.....  

ge0ge0
Tallahassee, FL

I don't understand how a person can get so "attached" to someone they've never met that they bemoan their death like they were a member of their immediate family.

We're all interconnected in some way or another and to get a little deeper we are interconnected with all things. Any life passed should be felt like it was family. We just tend to hear about celebrities because of the way the media sensationalizes their idea of relevant news.

1/24/2008 4:28:22 AM Hate me for saying this but.....  

arreis
Cottonwood, AZ

Oops, well I beg to differ here. My entire family were artists. Vaudville, stage actors. Dancers, Musicians. Writer, Motion Picture Actor and Actress. Camera Man. And I have a high respect for the artistic an creative people, in our society. They make us laugh, cry and sing and dance. For me, these kind of people bring certain joy in my life, for I dont share in the talent and craft that they have. And I feel that a waste of life is just that a waste. And I hate to see any person loose their lives in a wasteful manner ever the artistic.

1/24/2008 4:42:02 AM Hate me for saying this but.....  

57rickie
Sioux Falls, SD

Get em SD....right on the money as usual. Do I care about us simple folk....You Betcha! Do I care if Brittney shaves her head, flips out, whatever....

1/24/2008 4:50:26 AM Hate me for saying this but.....  

sumbeach763
Raeford, NC

This country and the world is, and has gone mad, I dont watch Televison do to all that stuff, It is a shame people do kill others, for no real reasons, it a shame .....

But your so right, Great thread for sure, hugs to you Beach

[Edited 1/24/2008 4:50:48 AM]

1/24/2008 8:19:53 AM Hate me for saying this but.....  

sdcentaur
Sioux Falls, SD

Arreis, I did write that when I was very tired, I should be more careful how I phrase things.

I did not mean to belittle the role of Artists and entertainers in society or their value as individuals. Any premature death diminishes us all no matter who they are or what they do.

I would not want to live in a world without Artists. It would be a every dull and much poorer place to live. Science tries to explain the world but Artists interpret and give it "color" and meaning.

I "went off" because I had a news channel on and with all that's going on in the world the "big story" was about an actor dying.

1/24/2008 8:29:23 AM Hate me for saying this but.....  

arreis
Cottonwood, AZ

~~~~~~~~~hay, I took no offence. In fact it was nice to have a nerve touched for a change. Because, it doesent happen very often.....And as far as the media, well.. I dont have time for it. I spend the majority of my day taking care of the unwanted and the throwbacks of society. That is where my passion lies......

1/24/2008 8:39:55 AM Hate me for saying this but.....  

munky_gurl
Penns Grove, NJ

Cool. This reminds me of an email my sister just forwarded to me.

The following is the philosophy of Charles Schultz, the creator of the 'Peanuts' comic strip. You don't have to actually answer the questions. Just read the e-mail straight through, and you'll get the point.

1. Name the five wealthiest people in the world.
2. Name the last five Heisman trophy winners.
3. Name the last five winners of the Miss America.
4. Name ten people who have won the Nobel or Pulitzer Prize.
5. Name the last half dozen Academy Award winners for best actor and actress.
6. Name the last decade's worth of World Series winners.

How did you do?

The point is, none of us remember the headliners of yesterday. These are no second-rate achievers. They are the best in their fields. But the applause dies. Awards tarnish. Achievements are forgotten. Accolades and certificates are buried with their owners .

Here's another quiz. See how you do on this one:

1. List a few teachers who aided your journey through school.
2. Name three friends who have helped you through a difficult time.
3. Name five people who have taught you something worthwhile.
4. Think of a few people who have made you feel appreciated and special.
5. Think of five people you enjoy spending time with

Easier?
The lesson:
The people who make a difference in your life are not the ones with the most credentials, the most money, or the most awards. They are the ones that care .

Pass this on to those people who have made a difference in your life.

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today.
It's already tomorrow in Australia." (Charles Schultz)

1/24/2008 8:48:01 AM Hate me for saying this but.....  

italianlady05
Omaha, NE

Centaur, great point! I don't watch much TV, only catch up on news during my lunch break or when someone tells me what is happening in the world around me..don't go for the gossip/celeb stories..
But give me real people, real friends, my neighbors, family, people I run into on a daily basis, now THEY are the ones that matter in my life.

One act of kindness leads that person to give another act to someone else..and thus we Pay it Forward... those are the people that I admire.

1/24/2008 9:02:20 AM Hate me for saying this but.....  

aka_neo
Marathon, FL

This thread is one of the reasons I continue on this sight.
The insightful thoughts and concerns from those here who share their
logic and rational mind are helpful to me.
Thanks you, to those of you here who help me think about what is important.

1/24/2008 2:06:31 PM Hate me for saying this but.....  

timeshifterv22
Dublin
Ireland

Very true Sd. Well said or wrote.Whichever the case may be!!!

Page: 1, 2